PDA

View Full Version : Ball Boys

Iggy Pope
16-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Everyone else is getting praise so well done to the wee fellah bottom right of the West for his excellent distribution to Scott Brown.
About time we had some of these wee men in on the game plan. :greengrin

Seveno
16-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Everyone else is getting praise so well done to the wee fellah bottom right of the West for his excellent distribution to Scott Brown.

:thumbsup:

brianmc
16-12-2018, 05:41 PM
It was brilliant from the wee guy 😂

Famous Fiver
16-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Somebody said SB was in Horgan's pocket but the wee ball boy was well in charge!!

I had just said to my mate that if this game had been at Darkheid and the score was 2 - 0 for the home teram the ball boys would have been off for an early bath.

Take a bow, son.

DaveF
16-12-2018, 06:24 PM
It was pretty funny. I wonder what Brown's chat was?

Irish_Steve
16-12-2018, 06:36 PM
The wee ball boy was my man of the match, it was hilarious. I recorded the game so hopefully I can remember at what point it happened and see if it`s on the TV

Greenbeard
16-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Can someone explain?

scooby
16-12-2018, 06:45 PM
The ball boy made Scott Brown walk to him to get the ball, rather than throw it. Priceless!

scoopyboy
16-12-2018, 06:53 PM
He got a lecture from a plod right after it.

One of my favourite moments of the season.

Iggy Pope
16-12-2018, 07:03 PM

What had it to do with him? Wonder if he is ever on duty at Tynie.

BullsCloseHibs
16-12-2018, 07:04 PM
The ball boy made Scott Brown walk to him to get the ball, rather than throw it. Priceless!

Sweet stuff 😂

BullsCloseHibs
16-12-2018, 07:05 PM

Why WOULD that warrant a talking too from the cops???

scoopyboy
16-12-2018, 07:06 PM

You would have to ask the plod.

Scotty Leither
16-12-2018, 07:07 PM
That laddie is apparently on Hibs' books. Take a boo saann!

erin go bragh
16-12-2018, 07:15 PM
That laddie is apparently on Hibs' books. Take a boo saann!
Why do you want to boo him 😜

SON OF PADDY
16-12-2018, 07:17 PM
Brown was raging at the lad 😆
He just stood there with the ball in his outsketched hand and made Brown come to him 😆
Take a bow son ! 👏👏👏

BullsCloseHibs
16-12-2018, 07:23 PM
You would have to ask the plod.

Only in Scotland!

dar
16-12-2018, 07:31 PM
A few photos of it on here near the end.
https://www.sportpix.org.uk/portfolio/G0000X.l8ewKvHKQ/I00003Qf2JEwOxmc

The Green Goblin
16-12-2018, 07:38 PM

:greengrin Hilarious moment!

Walter
16-12-2018, 07:41 PM

Would imagine due to the smellies fans cops would be giving some advice not to do it again as you never know how those drongos might respond and deem it inciteful

Fuzzywuzzy
16-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Did you see the nick of Brown after copping it in the face from mallan? I thought he was going to collapse. Didn't look too clever

Frazerbob
16-12-2018, 07:49 PM
Knowing Hibs and how the club reacted to the DJ having a bit of fun a few years back, the laddie will probably get the sack.

One Day
16-12-2018, 08:24 PM
Knowing Hibs and how the club reacted to the DJ having a bit of fun a few years back, the laddie will probably get the sack.

They better not. The boy was class

Jonnyboy
16-12-2018, 09:25 PM

Quite funny watching Brown give the hard man stare to a laddie who didn't look in the least bothered :greengrin

Radium
16-12-2018, 09:41 PM

Will have to take action against the Hibs Tweeter as well [emoji12] Given that the tweet is still up I suspect that the club are not worried about the situation

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181216/dec34eec8c07176c4131618429887eb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
16-12-2018, 09:44 PM

Think things have changed a fair bit since then Barrie the stadium announcer has had a bit of fun with attendance announcements at derbies in recent times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
16-12-2018, 09:44 PM
Knowing Hibs and how the club reacted to the DJ having a bit of fun a few years back, the laddie will probably get the sack.Was different with the DJ. He did what he was told not to. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
16-12-2018, 09:45 PM
Given Brown tried to break Slivkas leg it was quite amusing seeing his ‘hard man’ act have absolutely no impact on a lad who looked about 12:faf:

weecounty hibby
16-12-2018, 09:47 PM
To be fair to Brown although he was giving him the stare he didnt say anything and I thought from where I sit in the FF upper right in that corner that he was trying not to laugh actually. Well done to the wee man anyway

CMurdoch
16-12-2018, 09:47 PM
The pictures linked above, just after the Brown gets the ball are priceless. The look on Broony's face.
Have seen ball boys in the past at other clubs throwing the ball at opposing players which is wrong.
This kid was perfectly well behaved and calm, stood at the spot were the throw in was to be taken and waited for Brown to collect the ball from him.
There was nothing for Brown to react to and the funny bit was that Broony knew that as well.
What it did do was slow him down and make him take it from the right place.
Very impressive kid. Well thought out.

Fife-Hibee
16-12-2018, 09:50 PM
He held on tae the baw longer in that period than Scott Brown could manage in 90 minutes. :clapper: :not worth

Roxyhibee
16-12-2018, 09:51 PM
One of the best off field things I’ve ever seen.

Get him along to the Sunnyside POTY night in April and give him a special award. Boy was class.

oneone73
16-12-2018, 09:51 PM
He held on tae the baw longer in that period than Scott Brown could manage in 90 minutes. :clapper: :not worth

Ha! Superb.

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 09:52 PM
I remember broony doing the same when we went round the pitch:

TiaMaria
16-12-2018, 10:20 PM
The wee ball boy was my man of the match, it was hilarious. I recorded the game so hopefully I can remember at what point it happened and see if it`s on the TV

At the time of the exchange Sky decided to show a 'highlight' so it was lost to the viewer!!

Irish_Steve
16-12-2018, 10:35 PM
Damn but surely they have more than one camera that caught it - priceless!

NorthRoadHibee
16-12-2018, 11:03 PM
I remember a young fan doing something similar to Whittaker when he was playing for Oldco. I think it was a game we drew 1-1 with them and Deeks scored a peach from about 25 yards. The young man waited for Whittaker to come to him before placing the ball on the ground. Greeted with sarcastic cheers from the Hibs fans.

tamsonsbairn
16-12-2018, 11:14 PM
The exact same thing happened in the first half. The ballboy in the corner of the FF and east stand took his time to give the ball back to Brown and Brown had a few words with him. The Ballboys must have had a wee chat at half time and decided to take their time giving the ball back. :nlgwa

Fanforlife
16-12-2018, 11:30 PM
The exact same thing happened in the first half. The ballboy in the corner of the FF and east stand took his time to give the ball back to Brown and Brown had a few words with him. The Ballboys must have had a wee chat at half time and decided to take their time giving the ball back. :nlgwawas superb. Kudos to my ain grandson sitting on the corner flag east stand near famous 5,got Pelters from plukey for not giving ball back quickly enough ,young Wrighty just sat back down and smiled!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

hfc rd
17-12-2018, 12:10 AM
That young ball boy at the North West was bloody fantastic! Got a very well deserved cheer from everyone in the ground. Browns face was priceless 😂👍🏾

NAE NOOKIE
17-12-2018, 12:22 AM
One of the funniest things I've seen at a game for ages, class from the wee lad :faf:

On a serious note, I've advocated for years that ballboys & girls should be instructed how to approach their duties depending on how the game is going … its really annoying when we are winning seeing them rush to get the ball for the opposition … take yer time kids :greengrin

monktonharp
17-12-2018, 12:33 AM
was superb. Kudos to my ain grandson sitting on the corner flag east stand near famous 5,got Pelters from plukey for not giving ball back quickly enough ,young Wrighty just sat back down and smiled!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣remember that wee incident tooo. Pluckuey puss seemed ragin'. he looked like he was moaning at a wee laddie, but was that not in the second half?

Fanforlife
17-12-2018, 08:59 AM
remember that wee incident tooo. Pluckuey puss seemed ragin'. he looked like he was moaning at a wee laddie, but was that not in the second half?was in 2nd half m8.😀

tamsonsbairn
17-12-2018, 05:55 PM
There were two incidents, One in the first half with the Ballboy in the corner of the east and Famous Five and the other was in the opposite corner to that. Scott Brown had words with the first laddie but said nothing to the other one. :nlgwa
was in 2nd half m8.😀

bigwheel
17-12-2018, 06:13 PM
There were two incidents, One in the first half with the Ballboy in the corner of the east and Famous Five and the other was in the opposite corner to that. Scott Brown had words with the first laddie but said nothing to the other one. :nlgwa

he definitely said something to the second half incident ballboy (corner of famous five and west stand)...yet the ballboy was cool under pressure... emotionless, didn't react or move...was pretty impressive tbh. :greengrin

emerald green
17-12-2018, 06:29 PM
Brown shouldn't have still been on the pitch at that stage of the match to have been wound up by the ball boy, if the referee had done his job and given Brown a straight red card.

Allant1981
17-12-2018, 06:45 PM

Notice Kamberi having a pull at Hyndman after his goal, that's going to hurt!!

SaulGoodman
17-12-2018, 06:58 PM

Good team spirit clearly

hibsbollah
17-12-2018, 07:03 PM

A yank receiving a yank, clearly. Still, he's got a smile on his face which is what matters.

Allant1981
17-12-2018, 07:04 PM
A yank receiving a yank, clearly. Still, he's got a smile on his face which is what matters.

😁😁

haagsehibby
17-12-2018, 07:18 PM
Not a very flattering photo of the wifey with the pie !

Hibernian Verse
17-12-2018, 07:20 PM
The pictures linked above, just after the Brown gets the ball are priceless. The look on Broony's face.
Have seen ball boys in the past at other clubs throwing the ball at opposing players which is wrong.
This kid was perfectly well behaved and calm, stood at the spot were the throw in was to be taken and waited for Brown to collect the ball from him.
There was nothing for Brown to react to and the funny bit was that Broony knew that as well.
What it did do was slow him down and make him take it from the right place.
Very impressive kid. Well thought out.Sorry to be pedantic but it wasn't a throw in, it was a Celtic free kick for offside.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My_Wife_Camille
17-12-2018, 07:22 PM
I’d prefer if we left this kind of behaviour to the bigots across the road. Hopefully the young man got a good talking to and will choose his actions more carefully next time.

He might have thought it was just a joke but he was representing the club in an official capacity and should have behaved as such.

SaulGoodman
17-12-2018, 07:25 PM
I’d prefer if we left this kind of behaviour to the bigots across the road. Hopefully the young man got a good talking to and will choose his actions more carefully next time.

He might have thought it was just a joke but he was representing the club in an official capacity and should have behaved as such.
You’re not trying as hard as you used to. Disappointing

My_Wife_Camille
17-12-2018, 07:27 PM
You’re not trying as hard as you used to. Disappointing
Anything relevant to the thread that you’d like to add or are you going to drag yet another thread off topic with petty digs towards other posters?

Carheenlea
17-12-2018, 07:35 PM
I bet Scott Brown secretly and grudgingly admired the boy for the way he offered him the ball back. Just the kind of gallus and cocky thing he would have had no hesitation in doing himself if he was in the ballboys shoes. Probably thought about saying something to him, but ultimately what really could he say? Ball Boy 1 Scott Brown 0

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Quite funny watching Brown give the hard man stare to a laddie who didn't look in the least bothered :greengrin

Exactly, he's like a young Scott Brown, he'd certainly have done the same if he was a ball boy as a kid.:top marks

Allant1981
17-12-2018, 07:46 PM

Hopefully this is meant as a joke, if not then get a life, if so then apologies in advance

SaulGoodman
17-12-2018, 07:51 PM
Anything relevant to the thread that you’d like to add or are you going to drag yet another thread off topic with petty digs towards other posters?

Getting better!

My_Wife_Camille
17-12-2018, 08:01 PM
Getting better!
It would appear my question has been answered. Crack on big man, whatever makes you feel good 👍🏼

SaulGoodman
17-12-2018, 08:11 PM
It would appear my question has been answered. Crack on big man, whatever makes you feel good 👍🏼

☹️☹️

Jack
17-12-2018, 08:16 PM

You're on your own.

Scouse Hibee
17-12-2018, 08:24 PM

He chose his actions perfectly well and didn't really leave any room for anyone to give him a good talking to. His job is to retrieve the ball and give it to the player which is exactly what he done. Players themselves love to stretch the rules to the limit, this was a perfect example of a ball boy doing the same.

Keith_M
17-12-2018, 08:55 PM
At least the Ball Boy actually got the ball, instead of just standing around with towels.

GreenOnions
17-12-2018, 11:11 PM
At least the Ball Boy actually got the ball, instead of just standing around with towels.

This! I'm amazed at how lazy so many ball boys/girls are nowadays. They often seem reluctant to actually get off their bums and get the ball back to players.

I don't understand why no-one tells them to actually put some effort in and do what they're supposed to do.

If they don't consider it to be a job worth doing well they shouldn't be doing it IMHO. At least this ball boy did his job.

cookin_on_gaz
18-12-2018, 06:51 PM

He might have thought it was just a joke but he was representing the club in an official capacity and should have behaved as such.I think this has to be in the top 5 worst posts I have read on here. I bet you are a joy at parties [emoji23]

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

Bristolhibby
18-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Another thing I noticed towards the end of the game and another example of Porteous’ maturity was Rocky saving and falling onto the ground. Porteous pushes him back into the ground to waste a bit more time. Nae rush keeper!

Mature beyond his years.

J

superfurryhibby
18-12-2018, 09:03 PM

About as bad as someone on here posting about Lennon being a fraud?

My_Wife_Camille
18-12-2018, 09:58 PM
About as bad as someone on here posting about Lennon being a fraud?
Much worse. Heisenberg’s thread was confined to a small number of Hibs fans on a private forum. This boy disgraced the club in public and on live television.

I have no desire to see the club punished for this but I wouldn’t be able to argue at all if we were.

hibbysam
18-12-2018, 10:04 PM
Much worse. Heisenberg’s thread was confined to a small number of Hibs fans on a private forum. This boy disgraced the club in public and on live television.

I have no desire to see the club punished for this but I wouldn’t be able to argue at all if we were.

It wasn’t on a private forum though.

Scouse Hibee
18-12-2018, 10:25 PM

:faf:

hibsbollah
18-12-2018, 10:29 PM

You are definitely:fishin:

Hibrandenburg
18-12-2018, 10:38 PM
Not a very flattering photo of the wifey with the pie !

I had to have a double take, I thought it was Theresa May at first glance.

GreenCastle
18-12-2018, 10:44 PM
The thing is - there is no rule saying you have to throw the ball back to a player or even give it to them.

The Hibs ball kid (you sometimes get ball girls !) just stood there and waited for Brown to come over.

You see managers / coaches do it all the time and it’s not like he chucked it away or at him.

PatHead
18-12-2018, 10:50 PM

What a load of *****.

Brightside
18-12-2018, 11:25 PM
I know the lad....i think its safe to say he is loving the attention!

hibsbollah
18-12-2018, 11:31 PM
https://www.football-italia.net/123401/machiavellian-frosinone

This is what you call a ballboy.