PDA

View Full Version : Horgan

Scooter
16-12-2018, 03:39 PM
Another that was outstanding today. Totally marked out Brown and still contributing going forward

MWHIBBIES
16-12-2018, 03:40 PM
Made brown look the washed up thug he is

Lancs Harp
16-12-2018, 03:42 PM
Made brown look the washed up thug he is

That tackle was a shocker, could easily have seen red for that. Brown looks more than a yard short of pace these days.

wookie70
16-12-2018, 03:42 PM
Another that was outstanding today. Totally marked out Brown and still contributing going forward

He was excellent and reminded me of the way Swanson played against Brown last year. He must have ran around twice as much today as against St Mirren but kept going for the full 90. He was burst after an hour in most of the games I have watched him in. He has to realise that work rate is expected every week. If he does he will end up a good signing.

hibee_girl
16-12-2018, 03:49 PM
Horgan was brilliant today :agree:

hfc rd
16-12-2018, 03:53 PM
Agree with the posters on this thread - Horgan was fantastic today. Looks much better through the middle.

heretoday
16-12-2018, 03:54 PM
Brown's knackered.

Heisenberg
16-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Brown's knackered.

Could tell Horgan was winding him up. Never gave him a moments rest. I’m sure he flicked a wee elbow out at him as well.

Crab apple
16-12-2018, 04:03 PM
That tackle was a shocker, could easily have seen red for that. Brown looks more than a yard short of pace these days.

Absolutely. Should have been a red for that tackle.

GreenNWhiteArmy
16-12-2018, 04:06 PM
Thought he was a bit wasteful in the first half. Fantastic second half though

Frogga
16-12-2018, 04:09 PM
Thought he was as good as I've seen him. Tenacious and tidy and linked up play really well. 8.5/10 for me!

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
16-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Made brown look the washed up thug he isCouldn't agree more..having seen the tackle again he should have seen red

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

we are hibs
16-12-2018, 04:20 PM
He's still very raw and his decision making is inconsistent but effort and determination to move the ball forward and get forward is excellent

Ryan69
16-12-2018, 04:34 PM

If that tackle by Brown had been on a The Rangers or Celtic player at Ibrox or Parkhead.....Red card allday.

Was high.
Studs first.
Late challenge.

Ozyhibby
16-12-2018, 04:54 PM
Horgan was excellent today. 2nd only to Porteous for MOM in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan69
16-12-2018, 05:50 PM
Horgan was excellent today. 2nd only to Porteous for MOM in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ambrose???

Carheenlea
16-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Was a tough test for him up against Scott Brown but he rose to the occasion alright. A nuisance to play against and the type of performance we want to see more of and see him become a regular starter again after dropping in and out of the side.

Barney McGrew
16-12-2018, 07:24 PM
Never gave him a minutes peace all afternoon.

Broony will probably wake up tonight and Darryl will be standing at the end of his bed :greengrin

Famous Fiver
16-12-2018, 07:29 PM
Broony's sly elbow was a red all day long with VAR or a continental referee.

Ref was only yards away and chose to ignore it completely.

Did Sportscene show it? Yup, you've guessed it......nae chance.

BoomtownHibees
16-12-2018, 07:31 PM
He's still very raw and his decision making is inconsistent but effort and determination to move the ball forward and get forward is excellent

I don’t think “raw” is the right word to describe him. He’s 26 so not just a young laddie. Definitely inconsistent but was excellent today, both on the ball and without it

Keith_M
16-12-2018, 07:43 PM
Couldn't agree more..having seen the tackle again he should have seen red

That was a definite red card.

Delighted to see the Ref booking that wee scrote that dived to try to get a penalty. Very refreshing to see.

murray26
16-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Excellent performance from Horgan today.. chuffed to bits for him definitely a very good player in there..

Fergos
16-12-2018, 09:17 PM
A hard days graft from DH today, closed down and harassed, used the ball well mostly and got us moving up the pitch.

Class act today.

GGTTH

Nicho87
16-12-2018, 11:01 PM
Best game so far for me for DH. Didn’t always came off but looked to fight until the end. That’s all I want as minimum from every player.

Johnny_Leith
17-12-2018, 01:38 PM
I thought he was good but his end product still needs a little work, I'm convinced he should have scored from Flo's good work and there was a few crossing opportunities he got wrong but still a good performance and something to build on.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-12-2018, 01:53 PM
Horgan's best showing since the opening game against Aberdeen. Bring that every week and be one of the first names on the sheet.

I think that the Celtc plan was that we would be overawed because Brown was playing. We didn't buy into the hype and look what we achieved.

Stuart93
17-12-2018, 02:01 PM
The best I’ve seen slivka horgan mallan all season

.Sean.
17-12-2018, 03:18 PM
He was class and showed Brown up for what he is. Can’t believe there’s still folk that want him to retire with us. Past it.

SirDavidsNapper
17-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Never gave him a minutes peace all afternoon.

Broony will probably wake up tonight and Darryl will be standing at the end of his bed :greengrin

Does he sleep in Darryl's back pocket?

calumhibee1
17-12-2018, 03:37 PM
He was class and showed Brown up for what he is. Can’t believe there’s still folk that want him to retire with us. Past it.

Brown was poor yesterday but he’d still walk into any other team in the league just now.

Northernhibee
17-12-2018, 03:50 PM
If people think Whittaker - who had a great game yesterday - is a bad signing, wait until they see what Scott Brown would be like. League two Goodwin-lite thug. Hope someone goes through him studs up and high next time to remind him what it’s like.

Smartie
17-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Scott Brown is still an excellent player.

He had a poor game yesterday, and had very little going on around him.

I do think Neil Lennon has the measure of him though, he's been well snuffed out of our games with them lately.

hibbysam
17-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Scott Brown is still an excellent player.

He had a poor game yesterday, and had very little going on around him.

I do think Neil Lennon has the measure of him though, he's been well snuffed out of our games with them lately.

He’s not an excellent player now. Having watched him on multiple occasions, for the level Celtic want to be at, browns injuries have well and truly caught up and he doesn’t have the legs to compete with the young boys at Celtic now.

Lago
17-12-2018, 04:20 PM
Cowards tackle, Horgan outstanding.

Smartie
17-12-2018, 04:33 PM
He’s not an excellent player now. Having watched him on multiple occasions, for the level Celtic want to be at, browns injuries have well and truly caught up and he doesn’t have the legs to compete with the young boys at Celtic now.

He's certainly a bit rusty, having not played much recently, but even when having a nightmare he still got on the ball and showed in flashes what he has to offer.

Of course we're not going to like his tackle on Slivka, and he was lucky not to be sent off for it, but halfing one of our most mobile players might have got some sort of a reaction from his very flat team-mates.

I thought Brown was far from their worst player. Edouard, Sinclair, Izaguirre, the centre-halves were all flat.

And I also think that highlighting Celtic weaknesses doesn't do our players enough credit. Lennon had a good plan (that took a good few of us by surprise) the forwards closed down brilliantly and took their chances, Horgan snuffed them out in the middle, and our centre halves were immense.

We'd have made anyone look poor playing like that yesterday.

Argylehibby
17-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Without the protection of a Celtic shirt Brown would be sent off every other game. Well past it now.

The_Horde
17-12-2018, 10:25 PM
Without the protection of a Celtic shirt Brown would be sent off every other game. Well past it now.

He's been labelled past it about 4 times in recent years and bounced back.

He's absolutely not past it.

SquashedFrogg
17-12-2018, 10:35 PM
He's been labelled past it about 4 times in recent years and bounced back.

He's absolutely not past it.

Majority of Celtic fans I speak to (who watch him every week) think he is.

calumhibee1
17-12-2018, 11:22 PM

He’s maybe past it with regards to playing for a team who want the treble every season and to be playing Champions League football but he would still be in every team in Scotland’s midfield excluding Celtic. And he’ll probably remain in theirs this season aswell.

Totally hypothetical obviously, but if Celtic offered him to us for free in January and he was willing to sign until the end of the season as our top earner would you turn him down? I’d take him in a heartbeat. He’s possibly not got masses of time left but right now he’s easily good enough to play in Scotland.

The_Horde
17-12-2018, 11:23 PM

The usual chinese whisperers coming out with the common phrase of the moment. Like Whittaker is finished, McGregor is finished and even Kenny Miller has been finished for every one of the last 4 seasons.

Happily take him here if they don't want him.

The 90+2
17-12-2018, 11:29 PM
Horgan is being moulded into a player in a different role and is going to be a star. He will become a bossing attacking midfielder.