PDA

View Full Version : Team v Rangers

Diclonius
16-12-2018, 02:30 PM
I'd probably go with the same again. Could possibly start Mackie but would be a gamble, and the midfield played very well.

wookie70
16-12-2018, 02:32 PM
I'd probably go with the same again. Could possibly start Mackie but would be a gamble, and the midfield played very well.
Slivka had one of those stookie type boots on after the game so I imagine he must be doubtful. WE just played the best team in teh land off the park so surely Lennon will pick the same team that started if he can or add Mackie for Slivka if he can't.

heretoday
16-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Same team, same atmosphere, same result.:thumbsup:

Tambo
16-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Off to ball today the whole team worked there socks off and we will need the same again Wednesday.

hibbyfraelibby
16-12-2018, 06:30 PM
Same team but with Slivka a doubt after being almost terminally Broonied I would start young Sean and replace him on the bench with Squirrel.

J-C
16-12-2018, 06:48 PM
Boyle might come in for Slivka and maybe go to a normal 4-4-2

heidtheba
16-12-2018, 06:54 PM
Slivka had one of those stookie type boots on after the game so I imagine he must be doubtful. WE just played the best team in teh land off the park so surely Lennon will pick the same team that started if he can or add Mackie for Slivka if he can't.

The TV zoomed in on him when he came back onto the pitch after FT and he looked like he had a tear in his eye. Looked more gutted than ecstatic. Hopefully he's ok.

Billy Whizz
16-12-2018, 06:58 PM
We need to pick a team to get Hyndman in the last 3rd. Had to play much deeper in the 2nd half

Northernhibee
16-12-2018, 07:15 PM
Porteous

Porteous
Porteous
Porteous
Porteous

Porteous
Porteous
Porteous
Porteous

Porteous
Porteous

Subs: Porteous, Porteous, Porteous, Porteous, Porteous, Pourteous, Porteous

Manager, Porteous. Formation, Porteous-Porteous-Porteous.

Souter96Mac
16-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Rocky
Whittaker Efe Porteous Stevenson
Milligan (If Fit)
Mallan Hyndman
Horgan
Kamberi Shaw

Hopefully keep the diamond as it seems to be working well. Sounds like Slivka will be out which is a loss. If he was fit, I'd play the same team as today.

Zazu62
16-12-2018, 08:06 PM
Diamonds are forever

Sir David Gray
16-12-2018, 08:21 PM
I can't see any reason to change it after today's fantastic team performance and result.

The only change may be an enforced one, as others have said Slivka must be a big doubt after that shocker of a tackle from Scott Brown.

hibee_girl
16-12-2018, 08:24 PM
Boyle might come in for Slivka and maybe go to a normal 4-4-2

:agree: that’s what we said at the game today.

You wouldn’t want to change today’s team but if Slivka doesn’t make it then Boyle coming back in makes sense

wookie70
16-12-2018, 09:05 PM
We won the second half with Mackie in the team. Boyle has been pretty poor off late so I see no need to change a winning team. Let the players know that good performances will keep you in the team.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 09:10 PM
We won the second half with Mackie in the team. Boyle has been pretty poor off late so I see no need to change a winning team. Let the players know that good performances will keep you in the team.

Agree with that. Probably helps Mackies case that there’s not an obvious replacement aswell.

hfc rd
17-12-2018, 12:50 PM
Rocky
Whittaker Efe Porteous Stevenson
Milligan (If Fit)
Mallan Hyndman
Horgan
Kamberi Shaw

Hopefully keep the diamond as it seems to be working well. Sounds like Slivka will be out which is a loss. If he was fit, I'd play the same team as today.

Probably go with the above as well.

If Milligan is not fit for this game then I’m tempted to go with Mackie. Basically the team that started the 2nd half yesterday

Stuart93
17-12-2018, 12:53 PM
Hoping the team doesn’t change too much trying to fit boyle back in. Have to keep the same team and replace slivka with either milligan or mackie for me, give the guy another chance he done wel when he came on

Blaster
17-12-2018, 12:59 PM
Hoping the team doesn’t change too much trying to fit boyle back in. Have to keep the same team and replace slivka with either milligan or mackie for me, give the guy another chance he done wel when he came on

I agree. I’d keep Boyle on the bench and give him the last 20-30 mins when they are tiring

BegbieHSC
17-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Every single player who started yesterday deserves to keep their place.

same again!

KeithTheHibby
17-12-2018, 01:19 PM
Every single player who started yesterday deserves to keep their place.

same again!

This. Too much fannying around last few weeks trying to get the right formation / players. I know certain games require certain formations however this game should be approached in exactly the same manner so I would expect Lennon to keep the same team / formation.
We are a much better team playing 442.

bingo70
17-12-2018, 01:22 PM
This. Too much fannying around last few weeks trying to get the right formation / players. I know certain games require certain formations however this game should be approached in exactly the same manner so I would expect Lennon to keep the same team / formation.
We are a much better team playing 442.

I agree, the only cause for debate is around whether Slivka makes it or not.

If he doesn't but Gray is fit then i wouldn't object to Gray coming in at Right Back and Whittaker moving up to midfield.

Gray loves a goal against the Rangers.

calumhibee1
17-12-2018, 01:34 PM
I agree, the only cause for debate is around whether Slivka makes it or not.

If he doesn't but Gray is fit then i wouldn't object to Gray coming in at Right Back and Whittaker moving up to midfield.

Gray loves a goal against the Rangers.

That would be fine by me although I’m sure I read Gray was aiming for the Livi game.

One thing I don’t want to see is Boyle coming back into the team. I like Boyle but the shape has to really change for him to come in.

alihibs1
17-12-2018, 04:14 PM
For me we should start with the same team that played the second half yesterday unless Slivka is fit. Would love Gray to be fit for this one.

I wonder what Lennon will do if Boyle and Milligan are fit...

Marciano

Whittaker (Gray if fit)
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Hyndman
Mallan
Mackie (Slivka if fit)

Horgan

Kamberi
Shaw

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tug Wilson
17-12-2018, 04:43 PM
It all depends on what formation Lennon thinks will beat The Rangers.

If he sticks with a diamond in midfield I honestly don't know exactly where Boyle fits in.

However if he goes with a back 3 then Boyle can slot in at RWB.

I think that it is important to play 2 up front as they can get at The Rangers' weak centre halves like they did Celtic's

ian cruise
17-12-2018, 04:49 PM
For me we should start with the same team that played the second half yesterday unless Slivka is fit. Would love Gray to be fit for this one.

I wonder what Lennon will do if Boyle and Milligan are fit...

Marciano

Whittaker (Gray if fit)
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Hyndman
Mallan
Mackie (Slivka if fit)

Horgan

Kamberi
Shaw

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Same team as we started vs Celtic. If Slivka not fir give Mackie a start and let him and other know good performances are rewarded regardless of age. I wouldn't start Gray in this one even if fit as he's only just returning from an injury so may not be up to speed. Look at when Paul Hanlon came back and went straight in but wasn't up to his usual standard.

Allant1981
17-12-2018, 04:51 PM
Has to be the same team if Slivka is fit, we need a bit of stability just now and they all played well, yes some of the guys out injured might be better players but doesn't make it a better team

sahpaton
17-12-2018, 05:10 PM
We need to pick a team to get Hyndman in the last 3rd. Had to play much deeper in the 2nd half
I think he will get into the final 3rd a lot more in this system when we aren't protecting a lead against Celtic. Thought he was brilliant off the ball yesterday and showed a side to his game I hadn't seen from him yet.

Hibee Mac
17-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Would be a massive mistake to change things. One of Lennon's biggest downfalls this season has been his constant tinkering with things.

Boyle has not been up to it lately anyway so why force him in anyway? Mackie showed he can step up against the toughest side in the country and hold his own, not only that but get an assist also!

I'll be amazed if he doesn't start with a diamond and Mackie

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-12-2018, 05:21 PM
This is a good chance to field the same team again (consistently) unlike we have been doing before.

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 05:28 PM
Same team providing Sliv is fit. If not then has to be Boyle.

superfurryhibby
17-12-2018, 05:34 PM
Same team providing Sliv is fit. If not then has to be Boyle.

Taking the pish.

danhibees1875
17-12-2018, 05:41 PM
Same team if Slivka is fit, or Mackie gets the nod for me.

But I think Lennon tends to favour 3-5-2 against that lot, so if Boyle is back then he might put something together in that form.

SirDavidsNapper
17-12-2018, 05:46 PM
Needs to be the same team if possible. The boys will be absolutely buzzing. Boyle off the bench would be a great option if they're chasing a goal late on. Smash them on the counter attack.

Hibee Mac
17-12-2018, 07:00 PM
You can't just stick Boyle into that team or the composition of the midfield would be all wrong

wookie70
17-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Would be a massive mistake to change things. One of Lennon's biggest downfalls this season has been his constant tinkering with things.

Boyle has not been up to it lately anyway so why force him in anyway? Mackie showed he can step up against the toughest side in the country and hold his own, not only that but get an assist also!

I'll be amazed if he doesn't start with a diamond and Mackie

It is probably my biggest criticism of Lennon. The runs we go on tend to be when he has found a good formation with the players available and he leaves well alone. I can see why managers change formations depending on opposition but it only works if the team look good in a variety of formations and it suits the personnel we have. WE look a country mile better with some form of 4-4-2 and the diamond seems to work best for us this year. I can see the argument for Gray instead of Whittaker but Boyle deserves to be on the bench and will make a good impact sub if needed. Mackie should start of Slivka is out imo

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Taking the pish.

Mackie then.

Borderhibbie76
17-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Same team providing Sliv is fit. If not then has to be Boyle.What has Boyle done in last 2 month's to merit coming straight back in?? No way should shape of team change from Sunday to fit Boyle back into the team...not for me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blaster
18-12-2018, 03:26 PM
According to Lennon’s press conference, Milligan and Boyle trained today, Slivka not as bad as first feared and has a fitness test tomorrow morning

Gray and Hanlon not far away

Billy Whizz
18-12-2018, 03:40 PM
According to Lennon’s press conference, Milligan and Boyle trained today, Slivka not as bad as first feared and has a fitness test tomorrow morning

That’s great news

bingo70
18-12-2018, 03:44 PM
What has Boyle done in last 2 month's to merit coming straight back in?? No way should shape of team change from Sunday to fit Boyle back into the team...not for me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I agree.

Plus it’s a 90 minute game, Boyle coming on for the last 30 minutes could prove to be far more valuable than altering a system the players look comfortable in.

If Boyle does get shoe horned back in I would put him up front, it’s not his best position and Shaw probably doesn’t deserve to be dropped but I’d rather he went up front than the whole midfield shape changed.

JimBHibees
18-12-2018, 03:56 PM
Personally wouldnt be rushing players back in. Good that Boyle and Milligan trained though makes more sense to keep them on the bench and use if needed. It will be a different kind of game and midfield will be a battle however hopefully Slivka is fit and we play the same way as we did Sunday. They look quite energetic but to me they have been poor away from home and not convinced they are anything to write home about though under estimate them at your peril as they will have a whiff of winning the league and we know how that can gain momentum and decisions go in their favour.

B.H.F.C
18-12-2018, 04:01 PM

Gray hasn’t been ‘far away’ for about the last 6 weeks!