PDA

View Full Version : Efe and Porteous

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Absolutely superb. Efe strolled it. Makes it look effortless. Porteous absolutely dominant. Two totally contrasting styles, both equally as effective.

Green_one
16-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Absolutely superb. Efe strolled it. Makes it look effortless. Porteous absolutely dominant. Two totally contrasting styles, both equally as effective.

Plus Castle Rock Lewis

Jim44
16-12-2018, 02:03 PM

Both spoke well after the game. Ambrose called him a warrior and says he loves playing with him.

Weegreenman
16-12-2018, 02:12 PM
Both really did stroll it today. We need this to happen consistently, if we can do that, then we’ll fire up the league table in no time.

proud_and_green
16-12-2018, 02:14 PM
I thought Porteous was different class gave the team the onfidence to play.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

makaveli1875
16-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Its hard to believe Porto's still a teenager , the boys an absolute tank . He could have a big future in the game . Efe has been outstanding this season too

Jim44
16-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Both really did stroll it today. We need this to happen consistently, if we can do that, then we’ll fire up the league table in no time.

If we can keep up that effort and level of performance, we should climb back up. Top four might just be too big an ask but I would settle for top six and a really good run in the Scottish Cup.

Pedantic_Hibee
16-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Imperious.

MWHIBBIES
16-12-2018, 02:20 PM
If we can keep up that effort and level of performance, we should climb back up. Top four might just be too big an ask but I would settle for top six and a really good run in the Scottish Cup.

We're 4 points behind 4th with 21 games to play. Its really not that big an ask.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-12-2018, 02:24 PM
:agree: And Stevie Mallan as well today, think that has been his best game for Hibs, closing them down and decent use of the ball.

When he first came to Hibs I thought he was going to be the playmaker higher up the pitch (not sure where I got that from), but seemed to sit a bit deeper and wasn't really influencing games in open play. Was a bit disappointed initially, but beginning to see what he brings to the team now. Get Scotty Allan back and I'll be happy with the midfield

Lancs Harp
16-12-2018, 02:25 PM
I reckon Ryan was born a 30 year old.

Excellent today.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Anyone with eyes pointing out the front of their head could see the boy was a player, he's 19 years old, i could say what a prospect but he's more than that, what a player he is.

FFS he's still learning the game, and will make the odd decision now and then that wont be right, but by playing more and more those mistakes will iron themselves out, and he will become a mainstay in the side until sold on for a huge profit.

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Porteous is going to be a superstar. His reading of the game to go with his playing attributes are phenomenal for his age.

Heisenberg
16-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Our best run of results earlier in the season came with these two at the back. Hopefully we stick with it now. Unfortunately means Hanlon is resigned to the bench.

Souter96Mac
16-12-2018, 02:51 PM
How long a contract do we have Porto on? Regardless what length, it needs extended pronto

B.H.F.C
16-12-2018, 02:54 PM
How long a contract do we have Porto on? Regardless what length, it needs extended pronto

Until 2023 I think

nonshinyfinish
16-12-2018, 03:01 PM
Until 2023 I think

Yeah, five-year contract signed recently.

hibby6270
16-12-2018, 03:10 PM
The sponsors chose Efe as MOTM, I totally disagree.
Ryan was head and shoulders above everyone today.
Superb performance. Strong in the tackle and I can’t recall him missing one today.
Hats off to Ryan!!

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Superb performance. Strong in the tackle and I can’t recall him missing one today.
Hats off to Ryan!!

The way Porteous plays probably makes him stand out more especially to the fans who enjoy the blood and thunder side of things while Efes effortless style makes it a bit less obvious. Both were faultless today and I don’t think there can be any complaints at either of them getting it.

The Modfather
16-12-2018, 03:15 PM
Sad for Hanlon, but think those two, and playing with a back 4, are our best defence now.

Ryan69
16-12-2018, 03:42 PM
Hats off to Ryan!!

They were both outstanding...But Efe did deserve it.

Efe was extremely calm and composed the whole game and made an excellent block at the near post.

SirDavidsNapper
16-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Thought Efe was the best player on the park. Just strolls through games. Ryan was fantastic again. They are our best pairing in defence. Porteous has a massive future.

GlesgaeHibby
16-12-2018, 03:55 PM
Our best run of results earlier in the season came with these two at the back. Hopefully we stick with it now. Unfortunately means Hanlon is resigned to the bench.

Pointed this out a few weeks back and was told 'aye but that was against dross'. Another two clean sheets with Porto and Efe playing together. We look most solid as a back four with those two as our fist choice centre half pairing.

Efe has been tremendous this season. Player of the Season so far imo.

Jim44
16-12-2018, 03:56 PM
Thought Efe was the best player on the park. Just strolls through games. Ryan was fantastic again. They are our best pairing in defence. Porteous has a massive future.

Muppets on FF debating whether Porteus is good enough for them and whether they should go after him. :faf::faf::faf:

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 03:56 PM
Pointed this out and was told 'aye but that was against dross'. Another two clean sheets with Porto and Efe playing together. We look most solid as a back four with those two as our fist choice centre half pairing.

Efe is by a country mile my POTY so far. :agree:

Jack Hackett
16-12-2018, 04:29 PM
Muppets on FF debating whether Porteus is good enough for them and whether they should go after him. :faf::faf::faf:

Favourite...

"Who’s the boy that was at the back for them? Porteous? How come he’s slipped through our net? One game wonder I presume? Wasn’t the other young guy who set up the goal on trial here too?"

One thing they're awfy good at is 'presuming'... especially when they know fa about other teams

Famous Fiver
16-12-2018, 04:44 PM
I am just completely dumbfounded that Ryan is still with us.

He is right up there with the Marinellos, Cormacks, Cropleys etc that we have produced.

Reminds me more of McNamee every time I see him.

He is worth mega millions in today's transfer market.

Like many before him we are just going to have to enjoy him while he is with us.

Ran, well done son:not worth

Famous Fiver
16-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Ryan, not Ran. My bad typing.

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-12-2018, 04:47 PM

Muppets on dungback saying Porto is a "poor mans Souter"

Lordy!

franck sauzee
16-12-2018, 04:50 PM
:agree: And Stevie Mallan as well today, think that has been his best game for Hibs, closing them down and decent use of the ball.

When he first came to Hibs I thought he was going to be the playmaker higher up the pitch (not sure where I got that from), but seemed to sit a bit deeper and wasn't really influencing games in open play. Was a bit disappointed initially, but beginning to see what he brings to the team now. Get Scotty Allan back and I'll be happy with the midfield

Glad you said this. I thought Porteous or Mallan for MOTM. Mallan I have been critical of even when he scored a few goals. Today he closed down space really well, some nice passes and shots etc played really well

coldingham hibs
16-12-2018, 04:57 PM
Pointed this out a few weeks back and was told 'aye but that was against dross'. Another two clean sheets with Porto and Efe playing together. We look most solid as a back four with those two as our fist choice centre half pairing.

Don’t forget Rocky back in goal for both games and Zero conceded.

1van Sprou7e
16-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Already posted this on another thread but.....

Ryan was 9 years old last time we beat Celtic by more than 1 goal

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 05:11 PM

Ironic username if it was the game at Parkhead?

1van Sprou7e
16-12-2018, 05:13 PM

Eh?

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 05:17 PM

Don’t think it would have been, that would have been 2004 or 2005 I think? I can’t think what game it would have been off the top of my head.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-12-2018, 05:23 PM
How long does Efe have left on his contract?

calumhibee1

End of the season.

1van Sprou7e
Don’t think it would have been, that would have been 2004 or 2005 I think? I can’t think what game it would have been off the top of my head.

T'was the squiggler game I believe, 2008

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/7766286.stm

hibee_girl
16-12-2018, 05:24 PM

Runs out at the end of this season I think

Jones28
16-12-2018, 05:24 PM

You're bang on AFAIK

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 05:25 PM
T'was the squiggler game I believe, 2008

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/7766286.stm

:aok:

Lancs Harp
16-12-2018, 06:19 PM

Not having that. Ryan has never been 9 years old. Born a man. :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-12-2018, 08:28 PM
End of the season.

Extension ASAP.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 08:29 PM
Extension ASAP.

Absolutely. Probably in my top five best centre halves I’ve seen in my 20 odd years of watching Hibs.

I have a feeling he’ll be away in the summer though and to be honest he will have earned it. Fingers crossed he stays though.