PDA

View Full Version : Brendan Rodgers - can't take getting beat

eastcoasthibby
16-12-2018, 01:59 PM
What a poor ungracious interview no credit at all in respect of Hibs taking game to them. We didnt let them dictate or dominate the game, as they expect, same unprofessional and poor attitude that Levein and Gerrard have for opposing teams they lose too.
Sore loser, the players we had missing were bigger players for us than what they had missing, but lets feel sorry for them with all their money.

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Just a typical sore old firm loser, no grace or praise for us is standard in these interviews.

Carheenlea
16-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Not heard his interview, but never been able to take him seriously. Full of patronising faux praise when we get narrowly beat from them but nothing good to say about us when we win. Guys a clown.

Onion
16-12-2018, 02:07 PM
If he was to praise Hibs pressing, attacking game, he’s be letting everyone else know how to play them 😊

Either that or he’s still annoyed we refused to take their pocket change for McGinn - a player that has already shown he’ll go further in the game than most of the player he had out there today.

mjhibby
16-12-2018, 02:08 PM
It's the one thing that bugs me about modern managers. Every one, with a few notable exceptions, blame either the ref or injuries or some other spurious reason. Levein is horrendous for that. If you team doesn't perform just admit it and move on. We even had eddie howe, who is normally very honest, saying the first goal shouldn't have stood when they lost 4-0 and they might have got a result otherwise. At least Potter admitted hertz were shocking v livi. Maybe it's to keep the dressing room but to me managers should just learn from defeats and make sure next time they learn from it.

SirDavidsNapper
16-12-2018, 02:43 PM
Had the best manager the world has ever seen ever won at Easter Road?

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 02:47 PM
His radio interview was subdued - He’s usually quite up for it on a tranny as well. Not his weekend it seems.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Just saw his interview on the tv. Don’t see a lot wrong with it really?

Mango Man
16-12-2018, 02:53 PM
His radio interview was subdued - He’s usually quite up for it on a tranny as well. Not his weekend it seems.

:top marks

hibee
16-12-2018, 02:53 PM

Just home and watched the interviews, didn’t think there was anything wrong with his interview at all, he did grudgingly say congratulations to Hibs at the end too!

Hibbyradge
16-12-2018, 02:54 PM
I don't know anyone who is able to praise the opponents after a loss and managers are no different.

Neil Lennon almost threatened to leave after losing to Hearts and Gary Parker has hardly been effusive in his praise for the teams who have beaten us recently.

I don't care about opposing managers so why would I want praise from them?

Wilson
16-12-2018, 03:02 PM
I don't know anyone who is able to praise the opponents after a loss and managers are no different.

Neil Lennon almost threatened to leave after losing to Hearts and Gary Parker has hardly been effusive in his praise for the teams who have beaten us recently.

I don't care about opposing managers so why would I want praise from them?

Its not about wanting praise from them. I just like comments that reflect reality. Celtic were outplayed and that is it.

Lennon's comments were better. He couldn't hide his frustration that we get that sort of performance against Celtic but were "pathetic" against Killie. It's that sort of honesty everyone seems to love...

Ryan69
16-12-2018, 03:08 PM

Apart from forgetting too point out they are not the only team who gets injured players.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 03:10 PM
Apart from forgetting too point out they are not the only team who gets injured players.

He’s the Celtic manager, he’s there to talk about Celtic and he congratulated Hibs at the end.

If Lennon sat their waxing lyrical about Celtic if they had won we’d be wondering wtf he was doing so I don’t know why people expect Rogers to do it for Hibs.

RyeSloan
16-12-2018, 03:11 PM
Its not about wanting praise from them. I just like comments that reflect reality. Celtic were outplayed and that is it.

Lennon's comments were better. He couldn't hide his frustration that we get that sort of performance against Celtic but were "pathetic" against Killie. It's that sort of honesty everyone seems to love...

The reality from the Celtic bench though was that they were poor and that he expected better of the team that was on the pitch...that’s what he said and that was what I saw as well.

Opposition managers are always going to focus on their own team and their own failings when we beat them.

Rodgers was no different today and honestly I thought his interview was absolutely fine on the radio and quite enjoyed his downbeat rather submissive acceptance of getting beat [emoji16]

Keyser Sauzee
16-12-2018, 03:13 PM
He’s there to talk about the match from a Celtic point of view as Celtic manager and that’s what he done, it’s the pundits that are there for a more balanced view. Nothing wrong with his interview really.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Him taking the blame for their defeat has really taken the gloss off our win for me. :fibber:

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-12-2018, 03:30 PM
There will be a lot of Celtc supporters scratching their heads tonight because usual excuses for getting beat through the week are blown out of the water today and Brenda is going against the grain by not blaming it on other people.

sixtwo
16-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Show me a good loser and i’ll Show you a loser.

I don’t give a monkeys if the opposing manager givers is credit or not. We won. We got the 3points. The last person we need to give a **** about is the opposing team manager. Usually, when they are complimentary it is in a condescending manner!

wpj
16-12-2018, 03:45 PM
He’s the Celtic manager, he’s there to talk about Celtic and he congratulated Hibs at the end.

If Lennon sat their waxing lyrical about Celtic if they had won we’d be wondering wtf he was doing so I don’t know why people expect Rogers to do it for Hibs.

Not a fan of Brenda but he did compliment Hibs at the end of the interview, albiet after he had listed loads of excuses.
We were very good today, a couple of signings in January will see us right. Tough fixtures coming up but we shouldn't fear anyone on that performance.

houstonhibbee
16-12-2018, 04:10 PM

How about a word of praise for our manager and players calum
youve been their biggest critic and wanted them all out

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 04:11 PM
How about a word of praise for our manager and players calum
youve been their biggest critic and wanted them all out

I’ve praised them on other threads? Infact I even started a thread.This one is about Rogers not praising us.

maturehibby
16-12-2018, 04:24 PM
Will try and buy kamberi to take him out The equasion so he can warm the
bench at parkeid and not score again against them