PDA

View Full Version : Well done Neil Lennon

SirDavidsNapper
16-12-2018, 02:40 PM
Took a lot of stick on here lately (a lot from me). Happy to be proved wrong. Team was immense today. Great tactics and pressing. Hopefully we can keep it up with more big games coming.

Northernhibee
16-12-2018, 02:41 PM
The bar has been set 👍

16-12-2018, 02:41 PM
Been a critic too recently but great performance today. If we can get a result against the evil huns the feel good factor will be back.

Bostonhibby
16-12-2018, 02:42 PM
In Neil we trust. Never doubted the man.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
16-12-2018, 02:43 PM
He was the right man to lift this team out of a bad spell. A few big games between now and new year then bring in a few more players we could have another great season

Bangkok Hibby
16-12-2018, 02:47 PM

Gutted at the negativity towards Lennon and the team recently but thats the nature of football. Fans must be able to vent even if prematurely. Two wins will now hopefully return confidence to our talented side.

HibeeHibernian4
16-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Yep, will hold my hands up, I didn't think he would be able to turn it around but delighted to proved wrong. Onwards and upwards.

Bostonhibby
Gutted at the negativity towards Lennon and the team recently but thats the nature of football. Fans must be able to vent even if prematurely. Two wins will now hopefully return confidence to our talented side.[emoji106]

Jim44
Lennon interview coming up.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Best response is action.

WillowbraeHibby
16-12-2018, 02:52 PM
He was the right man to lift this team out of a bad spell. A few big games between now and new year then bring in a few more players we could have another great season

Scott Alan would be good for a start, and another striker hopefully?

Jim44
16-12-2018, 02:58 PM
Lennon spoke well. Made the point that players, singling out Kamberi, can’t save their best for the big games and thinks we press on from here back into the top six.

pacoluna
16-12-2018, 03:11 PM
This thread can be specifically for you pessimistic moaners out there. Keep it as an echo chamber where you can just moan and greet. No wonder you lot are getting the piss rinsed out you on social media.

Diclonius
16-12-2018, 03:15 PM
I didn't want him to go, but I thought he'd lost the dressing room and we all know how that turns out.

The performance shown today shows that either that was bollocks or he's got it back. Well done Lennon. Stay as long as you want. :aok:

neil7908
16-12-2018, 03:20 PM
Amazing result. I hope that's a marker for the kind of performances we'll be seeing from now on. I don't want to be negative on a brilliant day for the club but it makes the line up versus Killie even more bizarre.

Let's get the team playing attacking football with players pressing hard and looking to push on when we get the ball.

Onceinawhile
16-12-2018, 03:21 PM
Thought we would seriously toil today and predicted a pumping when I saw the team.

Delighted to be wrong.

Johnny_Leith
16-12-2018, 03:21 PM
People wanted Lennon out the door 😂

Borderhibbie76
16-12-2018, 03:23 PM
Yup I was a critic too so eating a large slice of humble pie right now and am delighted to do so, that was outstanding today from start to finish. But as he said himself after the game it makes him angry at how poor we've been for 2 months when we can go and produce a performance like that...so the criticism levelled at him and the team was justified.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Lennons team had a dip in form, his first dip in form since arriving at the club. There were idiots waiting for this dip in form to slaughter him and the team, couldnt wait to dig both out.

He's practically having to build another team through injuries and players leaving, but the first dip in form he's being hounded out.

Ridiculous.

Well done Hibs, well done Lennon and his backroom staff, i'm glad you are staying and held your nerve a lot better than some i could mention. :top marks

One Day Soon
16-12-2018, 03:26 PM

Absolutely sumptuous. A period of quiet self reflection from some of our dafter posters is in order.

Keith_M
16-12-2018, 03:28 PM
I posted similar, but worth repeating on here.

Team selection and tactics were fantastic, as well as the performance.

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 03:29 PM
Hat off to the management and players today who played fantastically and motivated for 90 mins.

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 03:30 PM

Yep, let’s start ripping other fans after the biggest win of the season.

wookie70
16-12-2018, 03:30 PM
I think he realises himself how poor performances have been. That team played like a team that wanted and needed to do well. That has been lacking for most of the season and while Lennon deserves great credit for learning from Parkhead in terms of shape and putting right the disgraceful performances of the last few months in terms of effort there are still questions to answer on some of the formation choices and the lack lustre performances. It looks like he has the dressing room behind him so that is the biggest question answered. He just needs to make sure that players like Mallan, Horgan, Hyndman and Flo know that the level of work rate today is what is expected every game. That has been nowhere near the case this season so far. The players need to shoulder a big bit of the blame there but as manager he has to have a look to see why they have lacked motivation because a big part of his job is getting the players playing for the jersey..

Johnny_Leith
16-12-2018, 03:33 PM

Better than ripping into our team when going through a sticky spell and needed support.

Did you read some of the stuff written? They deserve to be called out for being so very wrong.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2018, 03:34 PM
What i think is brilliant about Lennon, there's no excuses, we've been crap, we've not in my opinion given everything, and Lennon has told them in no uncertain terms that its not good enough.

Even after the game today, he's told Kamberi that its not good enough turning up against Celtic, he needs to start doing it every week.

No players are allowed to rest on their laurels, and i agree with Lennon telling them this.

California-Hibs
16-12-2018, 03:37 PM
We won't win every week, some people need to get realistic. We are very fortunate to have Neil Lennon. The stupid negativity and threads calling for his head were madness and frankly embarrassing. He's proven himself too many times to be tagged with that rubbish after a few bad results!

C'mon the Hibees and let's all do the Lenny!

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 03:37 PM
Better than ripping into our team when going through a sticky spell and needed support.

Did you read some of the stuff written? They deserve to be called out for being so very wrong.

Think we should just unite and get behind everyone at the club now there’s a lot of renewed optimism for the season ahead. I personally though this season was a bit of a lost cause but there’s a lot of ground for optimism again now. Weds night is massive now. Go a point behind hertz going into the derby would be some turnaround. I’ll swap a point with Dundee for a win today any day of the week.

One Day Soon
16-12-2018, 03:38 PM

Yup. Like to dish it out, not so keen on getting it back.

Allant1981
16-12-2018, 03:38 PM

Exactly, some of the garbage written on here recently has been laughable, rather than getting behind the team we have people wanting Lennon gone, claims that he lost the dressing room, him and Parker aren't interested and working their ticket out.

pacoluna
16-12-2018, 04:03 PM

Ripping you specifically.

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Ripping you specifically.

Water off a ducks back when my team pump the best team in the country so it’s wasted Paco lad 👍

pacoluna
16-12-2018, 04:13 PM
Water off a ducks back when my team pump the best team in the country so it’s wasted Paco lad 👍

Yup it's flowing into your pisspot of negativety. You'll pop again after a defeat with more gruelling pessimism.

WhileTheChief..
16-12-2018, 04:18 PM
So next time we have a crap result and you want to call for Lennon’s head how about just remembering games like today?

Fantastic performance from everyone concerned. A repeat on Wednesday will be lovely.

WhileTheChief..
16-12-2018, 04:21 PM

:top marksIt’s nice being able to say that without being a hypocrite.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 04:23 PM
So next time we have a crap result and you want to call for Lennon’s head how about just remembering games like today?

Fantastic performance from everyone concerned. A repeat on Wednesday will be lovely.

To be fair, it wasn’t “a crap result” it was 7 crap results AND performances. If we get another 7 of them in a row then today won’t be much consolation.

Hopefully we can kick on from here as we were excellent today :aok:

Bostonhibby
16-12-2018, 04:24 PM
:top marksIt’s nice being able to say that without being a hypocrite.Aye. One of my very few consistencies. [emoji6]

SirDavidsNapper
16-12-2018, 04:34 PM
To be fair, it wasn’t “a crap result” it was 7 crap results AND performances. If we get another 7 of them in a row then today won’t be much consolation.

Yes and that isn't good enough for any Hibernian manager however it's been a remarkable response.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 04:35 PM
Yes and that isn't good enough for any Hibernian manager however it's been a remarkable response.

Absolutely, two great results the last week.

green day
16-12-2018, 04:36 PM
I will admit I was one of the "doubters" however if he can pull that kind of a result v the strongest squad in the league, it cannae be that bad.

Presume the dressing room is not lost then!!

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Yup it's flowing into your pisspot of negativety. You'll pop again after a defeat with more gruelling pessimism.

Unlike the complete optimism I’m full of this evening? 😂😂

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 04:41 PM

It wasn’t one crap result. It was a period of pish and I never once called for the managers head. I’ve no idea what stuff like this trying to achieve apart from continued sniping between sets of support.

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 04:42 PM

Yep. Roll on Weds.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2018, 04:43 PM
Our first dip in form under Lennon, and there were nutters calling for his head, utter madness. :confused:

Dalianwanda
16-12-2018, 04:51 PM

yup....some far to quick to write him off...but that’s football fans for ye. One week he’s the best ever, we slump..sack him

Hopefully same again on Wednesday!

The Modfather
16-12-2018, 04:56 PM
Are threads like these and some of the posts on them not just as knee jerk as the ones questioning Lennon’s position after the run we were on?

Just as 7 poor results and performances didn’t make us a bad team, 2 wins on the bounce doesn’t mean we’ve turned the corner. We’re still 8th, but the signs of the last two games, and particularly today, are encouraging and plenty of time left to see if we can finish where we need to by the end of the season.

Souter96Mac
16-12-2018, 05:00 PM
This result was massive today. We've got 4 huge games left in December, and from today's performance, there's no reason why we can't be looking to win all 4. It's a tough ask, but today will really give players the belief that they can.

WhileTheChief..
16-12-2018, 05:05 PM
So all the facts about him losing the dressing room combined with his “health issues” don’t apply today cause we won?

If we lose on Wednesday it’s cause he’s ill again and shouted at some players who then took the huff?

At least we know where we stand eh :rolleyes:

pacoluna
16-12-2018, 05:17 PM
I will admit I was one of the "doubters" however if he can pull that kind of a result v the strongest squad in the league, it cannae be that bad.

Presume the dressing room is not lost then!!

Doubter because we went through a sticky spell? Jumping the guns comes to mind. The comments were pathetic regarding Lennon during that patch.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Doubter because we went through a sticky spell? Jumping the guns comes to mind. The comments were pathetic regarding Lennon during that patch.

Do you ever post about football or is it just always about other posters? :confused:

WhileTheChief..
16-12-2018, 05:23 PM
It wasn’t one crap result. It was a period of pish and I never once called for the managers head. I’ve no idea what stuff like this trying to achieve apart from continued sniping between sets of support.

I’m saying if we have a crap result, let’s say on Wednesday night, then instead of jumping on here and talking crap about Lennon’s health and all other nonsense, just think back to today and how you feel, before posting.

I wasn’t talking about you earlier, or now.

What two sets of support?

stoneyburn hibs
16-12-2018, 05:23 PM
Our first dip in form under Lennon, and there were nutters calling for his head, utter madness. :confused:

Laughable to be calling for his head.

pacoluna
16-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Do you ever post about football or is it just always about other posters? :confused:

Mostly I post to counteract Muppets like yourself. Some of the threads on this place are truly bull****. Some poster using a bloody poll on this place as evidence a lot of our fans wanted Lennon out. We have all got a rite to our opinion but some of them need questioned.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Mostly I post to counteract Muppets like yourself. Some of the threads on this place are truly bull****. Some poster using a bloody poll on this place as evidence a lot of our fans wanted Lennon out. We have all got a rite to our opinion but some of them need questioned.

So you only post to abuse other posters as I thought. :aok:

pacoluna
16-12-2018, 05:28 PM
So you only post to abuse other posters as I thought. :aok:

Please do take offence. Maybe reflect at the same time.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 05:29 PM
Please do take offence. Maybe reflect at the same time.

A noble crusade Paco. Would be interesting to here your thoughts on the football one day.

Kavinho
16-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Think we should just unite and get behind everyone at the club now there’s a lot of renewed optimism for the season ahead. I personally though this season was a bit of a lost cause but there’s a lot of ground for optimism again now. Weds night is massive now. Go a point behind hertz going into the derby would be some turnaround. I’ll swap a point with Dundee for a win today any day of the week.

Try hard and remember your own advice over the rest of the season. I’m certain we won’t go undefeated from here on out, so you’ll have a chance to stand by your words.

Elephant Stone
16-12-2018, 05:31 PM
A noble crusade Paco. Would be interesting to here your thoughts on the football one day.

Do you still want him sacked?

Johnny Clash
16-12-2018, 05:32 PM
I sometimes thinks it’s just as well Lenny doesn’t read fans forums even when he’s getting adulation. Folk can be fickle and want to let off steam or share their exuberance. That’s fittbaw! . I’ve always thought we are hugely fortunate to have such a quality manager and I hope he stays with us for many years to come.

pacoluna
16-12-2018, 05:33 PM

I comment regularly on our football, said it many a time I thought one of the reasons for our poor results of lait were due to our slow transition from defence to attack. Complete opposite today and we pumped Celtic.

Iggy Pope
16-12-2018, 05:38 PM

Jesus.
I thought you were watching in Munich? Is it really that ***** you’ve nowt better to do?

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 05:41 PM
Jesus.
I thought you were watching in Munich? Is it really that ***** you’ve nowt better to do?

I wasn’t, i was at the game. My brothers in Munich :greengrin

judas
16-12-2018, 05:41 PM
Lennon made a big play on the boy band mentality of Hibs when he took charge. Playing in the big games and not the lower profile ones will not bring success.

I think criticism of the team (and to a lesser degree Lennon) was justified and I don’t regret my contribution to that collective vibe.

BUT those suggesting he should leave were fools with a poor grasp of club history.

Iggy Pope
16-12-2018, 05:43 PM
I wasn’t, i was at the game. My brothers in Munich :greengrin

You should’ve gone with him for a wee bit respite.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 05:44 PM

I’ll pass, going once to Germany was enough for me.

Iggy Pope
16-12-2018, 05:48 PM
I’ll pass, going once to Germany was enough for me.

Speaks volumes.

Wilson
16-12-2018, 05:56 PM
BUT those suggesting he should leave were fools with a poor grasp of club history.

I disagree with that.

Lennon is a winner. His teams win. What good is a winner who isn't getting results from his team?

Some of our results have been shocking. Not just the results but the performances. People that accept that are the real fools. They aren't even in tune with the man they are backing if they are NOT asking questions after such performances and results.

We have to expect more from our team. We have to hold Lennon to the standards he himself demands. When he eventually leaves his legacy should be those very same standards. No more boy band. European contention over relegation.

If we don't think we are worth that then Lennon's message has been missed.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 06:00 PM
Speaks volumes.

Aye of course... :confused:

eastcoasthibby
16-12-2018, 06:03 PM
Lennons interview says it all from praising the performance today, to the extent of his frustration that he hasn't been getting near that performance or attitude from them, he is exactly right they have been short changing us all. His reflecting that literally it means very little if it's not going to be continued/followed up, we need to see who turns up on Wednesday, then Saturday and then the following week and so on !!
The players set new standards today and expectations, that Lennon will rightly demand ...he got it very right today and the players delivered ..GGTTH

Elephant Stone
16-12-2018, 06:05 PM
I disagree with that.

Lennon is a winner. His teams win. What good is a winner who isn't getting results from his team?

Some of our results have been shocking. Not just the results but the performances. People that accept that are the real fools. They aren't even in tune with the man they are backing if they are NOT asking questions after such performances and results.

We have to expect more from our team. We have to hold Lennon to the standards he himself demands. When he eventually leaves his legacy should be those very same standards. No more boy band. European contention over relegation.

There are people who wanted him sacked a week ago and now seemingly no longer do because we've won two games. Next time there are folk being hysterical and calling for the manager to be sacked it will be good to remember that they're potentially only two matches away from changing their minds. Hopefully they will act with a bit more restraint next time we have a dip in form.

One home defeat in 2018 :flag:

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 06:08 PM
I’m saying if we have a crap result, let’s say on Wednesday night, then instead of jumping on here and talking crap about Lennon’s health and all other nonsense, just think back to today and how you feel, before posting.

I wasn’t talking about you earlier, or now.

What two sets of support?

Sorry I wasn’t directly replying to you mate and for what it’s worth I completely agree. If it goes bad on Weds I will move on because today showed shape and A plan which was implemented fantastically.

There seems to be a group on here especially that take personal offence to anything negative said about management regardless of the run and even in victory look to cause arguments even if others who have been critical have praised the manager etc. Any concerns by posters or supporters isn’t kneee jerk after 6 or 7 games it’s because people love the clu. They are concerned. I’ll never understand the mentality of winning a match then looking to get it up other fellow fans who may not share similar views.

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 06:10 PM

You’re actively seeking confrontation with fellow fans after we’ve pumped the champions.

That more than anything speaks volumes.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2018, 06:11 PM
Sorry I wasn’t directly replying to you mate and for what it’s worth I completely agree. If it goes bad on Weds I will move on because today showed shape and A plan which was implemented fantastically.

There seems to be a group on here especially that take personal offence to anything negative said about management regardless of the run and even in victory look to cause arguments even if others who have been critical have praised the manager etc. Any concerns by posters or supporters isn’t kneee jerk after 6 or 7 games it’s because people love the clu. They are concerned. I’ll never understand the mentality of winning a match then looking to get it up other fellow fans who may not share similar views.

I will never understand the mentality of wanting the manager sacked after his first slump in results?

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 06:12 PM
You’re actively seeking confrontation with fellow fans after we’ve pumped the champions.

:agree:

Very strange and not the only one. The result only seems to be relevant for a few because it allows them to try and instigate an arguement on the internet rather than because it was actually a great result.

bingo70
16-12-2018, 06:13 PM
Never doubted Lenny for a second.

wookie70
There are people who wanted him sacked a week ago and now seemingly no longer do because we've won two games. Next time there are folk being hysterical and calling for the manager to be sacked it will be good to remember that they're potentially only two matches away from changing their minds. Hopefully they will act with a bit more restraint next time we have a dip in form.

One home defeat in 2018 :flag:

I didn't want him sacked but I think those that did mostly cited him losing the dressing room. That clearly isn't the case after watching the fine performance today but there aren't many managers who come back from that.

Given his frustration after the game he knows that there have been quite a few players not applying themselves as they should. That of course is primarily the players fault but he needs to look and see if he was at fault too. The constant changing of formations and personnel and the threats to leave after a bad result must have some effect on players. Most on here call Lennon a winner. I think he is a bad loser which may be the same thing. The problem is that winners or bad losers need to earn their corn when they aren't winning. His team didn't do that for around a quarter of a season so he needs to make sure today's performance is not a one off. It is in the context of the last 10 games or so.

The 90+2
I will never understand the mentality of wanting the manager sacked after his first slump in results?

Have you got a list of posters who said that? I can’t recall many saying so. We did have a similar although not as bad slump in the championship around November time and last year before Xmas. The run we where on was very concerning. I’m not sure why people couldn’t be concerned about that?

BoomtownHibees
16-12-2018, 06:16 PM

A point behind them?? I’m looking at us being 2 points ahead of them at this time next week

Keith_M
16-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Jeez, some people on here are crazy.

Can't you just enjoy the win??

pacoluna
16-12-2018, 06:25 PM

Actively criticising you and callum. Fair doos you still have the gumption to say your thoughts 👍

Elephant Stone
16-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Jeez, some people on here are crazy.

Can't you just enjoy the win??

Can't you just enjoy the win? What you worrying about the crazy folk for? Enjoy the win.

Captain Trips
16-12-2018, 06:29 PM
Look today's result IMO was well on the cards. It's our own fault we are off the pace in the league. I fear no team in this league except ourselves, there is no reason to not go on and beat The Rangers and start climbing.

Brilliant stuff today.

Jones28
16-12-2018, 06:30 PM
Hibernian 2 - 0 Celtic

Is that not enough?

neil7908
16-12-2018, 06:33 PM
I disagree with that.

I think this is bang on. Calling for him to get sacked was premature imo but he deserved criticism. I noticed in his post game remarks he was talked about how poor we were against Kilmarnock but the team he set out that day was terrible. That was not a team designed to win, something Parker himself admitted after the game.

Many fans overreacted but the manager needs to be under scrutiny at our club our size after our recent run of results.

Elephant Stone
16-12-2018, 06:37 PM
I think this is bang on. Calling for him to get sacked was premature imo but he deserved criticism. I noticed in his post game remarks he was talked about how poor we were against Kilmarnock but the team he set out that day was terrible. That was not a team designed to win, something Parker himself admitted after the game.

Many fans overreacted but the manager needs to be under scrutiny at our club our size after our recent run of results.

Not one person will disagree with that. The criticism was hysterical with some people though, way over the top and some of it was personal, viscous and completely uncalled for.

highland hibbee
16-12-2018, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=One Day Soon;5631531]Absolutely sumptuous. A period of quiet self reflection from some of our dafter posters is in order.[/QUOTE

Neil Lennon is the best manager that we could have. Out of interest , his record against Celtic must be the best of any Hibs manager in te last 40 years ?

stantonhibby
16-12-2018, 06:48 PM

Very strange and not the only one. The result only seems to be relevant for a few because it allows them to try and instigate an arguement on the internet rather than because it was actually a great result.

Well, you've been critical of Lennon for weeks and I'm pretty sure you wanted him gone....so I think it's natural for fans who didn't throw in the towel after an admittedly bad run to come back on that.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 06:53 PM
Well, you've been critical of Lennon for weeks and I'm pretty sure you wanted him gone....so I think it's natural for fans who didn't throw in the towel after an admittedly bad run to come back on that.

Natural for their first instinct after a good win to be to go online and try and start arguements rather than celebrate/discuss what was a great win and performance for us?I’ve even had a poster have a dig at me for having no desire to go back on holiday to Germany, apparently it speaks volumes about me. That’s how desperate some people have been to start arguements 😂. Seem strange to me but hey ho.

Iggy Pope
16-12-2018, 06:56 PM

I replied to his (pretty miserable) post. Isn’t that how this whole thing works man? Read the bloody thread.

stantonhibby
16-12-2018, 07:00 PM
Natural for their first instinct after a good win to be to go online and try and start arguements rather than celebrate/discuss what was a great win and performance for us?I’ve even had a poster have a dig at me for having no desire to go back on holiday to Germany, apparently it speaks volumes about me. That’s how desperate some people have been to start arguements 😂. Seem strange to me but hey ho.

Who knows?....not my first instinct, but if you post negative stuff for weeks calling for the managers head hardly surprising to be called out on it. It's all about opinions and how the board works pretty much.

Elephant Stone
16-12-2018, 07:03 PM

First instinct :hilarious. Why do you always need to jump to the most extreme conclusions.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 07:05 PM
Who knows?....not my first instinct, but if you post negative stuff for weeks calling for the managers head hardly surprising to be called out on it. It's all about opinions and how the board works pretty much.

I don’t mind being called out on it. Just would seem strange to me that for some the fact we’ve beaten the Champions with a great performance seems to come second to ‘getting one over’ on someone they don’t know on the internet. For some there’s not even been any comment on the game, just digs at other posters.

Hi Heid Yin
16-12-2018, 07:07 PM
Lennons team had a dip in form, his first dip in form since arriving at the club. There were idiots waiting for this dip in form to slaughter him and the team, couldnt wait to dig both out.

He's practically having to build another team through injuries and players leaving, but the first dip in form he's being hounded out.

Ridiculous.

Well done Hibs, well done Lennon and his backroom staff, i'm glad you are staying and held your nerve a lot better than some i could mention. :top marks

I couldn't put it any better. :top marks

Eyrie
16-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Getting back to the original post …

I've been critical of Lennon for getting his tactics wrong in the big games but today he got everything spot on.

Hi Heid Yin
16-12-2018, 07:14 PM

Neil Lennon could not have said it any better.

He, like you and many others, was equally frustrated by that run.

Keeping a low profile and refraining from what he really wanted to vent publicly, perhaps throws some light on why Parker dealt with the post match press conferences.

Iggy Pope
16-12-2018, 07:17 PM

I've been critical of Lennon for getting his tactics wrong in the big games but today he got everything spot on.

Seemed to me the players were drilled and knew what their jobs were. We had a decent 2nd half at Hamilton so hopefully this is the start of a wee bit momentum.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 07:17 PM

And with a majorly depleted squad aswell.

WhileTheChief..
16-12-2018, 07:21 PM
Noticed in each post match interview that he appreciated the support that the fans have shown him over the last few weeks.

Sounded and looked well chuffed. Absolutely no chance that he is considering chucking it in any time soon.

Hopefully contract extension talks before the end of the season. Another few years hopefully.

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 09:00 PM
Noticed in each post match interview that he appreciated the support that the fans have shown him over the last few weeks.

Sounded and looked well chuffed. Absolutely no chance that he is considering chucking it in any time soon.

Hopefully contract extension talks before the end of the season. Another few years hopefully.

Just like my work, a happy boss is a happy workplace:
A happy NL is a happy Hibernian. It’s a good match when both parties are happy and I hope it continues continuously.

tamig
16-12-2018, 09:20 PM

Ridiculous.

I can’t believe there was a poll posted up. Some folk should be ashamed of themselves. I said a couple of weeks ago that some of the more embarrassing posts reeked of a glory hunting arrogance you only ever hear from OF or (occasionally) hertz fans.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 09:23 PM
I can’t believe there was a poll posted up. Some folk should be ashamed of themselves. I said a couple of weeks ago that some of the more embarrassing posts reeked of a glory hunting arrogance you only ever hear from OF or (occasionally) hertz fans.

Ashamed of themselves for thinking that us dropping down the table at a rate of knots was cause for concern? I have a feeling nobody is going to be ashamed of themselves for being concerned over a period when, for want of a better way to describe it, we were a mess on the pitch.

tamig
16-12-2018, 09:30 PM
Ashamed of themselves for thinking that us dropping down the table at a rate of knots was cause for concern? I have a feeling nobody is going to be ashamed of themselves for being concerned over a period when, for want of a better way to describe it, we were a mess on the pitch.

Ashamed for calling for the managers head at the first sign of a crisis under his stewardship. Some of the stuff posted was outlandish.

The Green Goblin
16-12-2018, 09:33 PM

Nobody disputes that. How people reacted to that in different ways was what was interesting. Some tried to figure out what was going on. Some were concerned for the wellbeing of the manager. Some tried to suggest solutions and ideas. Some fiercely criticised the team selections and the manager and told him to sort it out.

Then there were the posters saying his time was up. No suggestions for what next or who would do any better, or why he shouldn’t be given a chance in the face of our first wobble...just ‘sack him’, like that would solve things.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Ashamed for calling for the managers head at the first sign of a crisis under his stewardship. Some of the stuff posted was outlandish.

Without wanting to go over old ground as today’s not really a day for it, there comes a point where there has to be an attempt to stop the crisis. Calling it the first crisis is probably correct. But just because it’s the first it doesn’t mean you hold on forever because it’s the first one. Butcher only had one crisis but it lead to us getting relegated because we held on for too long.

Still plenty work to be done and catching up to do but thankfully we look like we’ve turned a corner. I for one don’t feel “ashamed” however at being concerned at what was definitely reaching crisis point.

stantonhibby
16-12-2018, 09:41 PM
Without wanting to go over old ground as today’s not really a day for it, there comes a point where there has to be an attempt to stop the crisis. Calling it the first crisis is probably correct. But just because it’s the first it doesn’t mean you hold on forever because it’s the first one. Butcher only had one crisis but it lead to us getting relegated because we held on for too long.

Still plenty work to be done and catching up to do but thankfully we look like we’ve turned a corner. I for one don’t feel “ashamed” however at being concerned at what was definitely reaching crisis point.

So....do you still want him sacked ? You've been asked this already on this thread but no response which is most unlike you.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 09:48 PM
Nobody disputes that. How people reacted to that in different ways was what was interesting. Some tried to figure out what was going on. Some were concerned for the wellbeing of the manager. Some tried to suggest solutions and ideas. Some fiercely criticised the team selections and the manager and told him to sort it out.

Then there were the posters saying his time was up. No suggestions for what next or who would do any better, or why he shouldn’t be given a chance in the face of our first wobble...just ‘sack him’, like that would solve things.

How would fans know who would do any better? We’re Hibs fans, we don’t have a dossier of potential managers for when Lennon leaves. People will be able to point to Clarke but after that I’m not sure why anyone would expect the fans to be able to draw up a shortlist of replacements, much in the same way that if someone says we need a new striker nobody would expect somebody to rattle off a bunch of strikers that we could look to realistically recruit.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 09:52 PM
So....do you still want him sacked ? You've been asked this already on this thread but no response which is most unlike you.

I’ve not saw that if somebody has asked that so apologies if that’s the case. No, I don’t, he’s managed to turn it round to an extent from what looked like a point that it would be an almost impossible task to do so.

The transfer window will be an interesting month. He’s got two guys in Slivka and Hyndman who have finally started to look more like the players we had hoped they’d be. If he can sign well then hopefully we’ll be able to kick in and get ourselves back amongst the top 6.

jacomo
16-12-2018, 09:53 PM

Does there ever come a point where you pause, reflect and think ‘hmm, I should have acted differently’?

Everyone makes mistakes. The question is, do you learn from them?

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 09:54 PM

Have you got a link to the poll please?

heretoday
16-12-2018, 09:57 PM
If we'd lost today as expected I'd still have wanted NL to stay on - the reason being that no one else could do any better. Nobody that comes to mind anyway.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 10:00 PM
Does there ever come a point where you pause, reflect and think ‘hmm, I should have acted differently’?

Everyone makes mistakes. The question is, do you learn from them?

That point will come if/when we start to climb the table. As it stands just now I’m happy enough for him to stay as we seem to be turning things around. We’re still 8th in the league though so until we start to climb the table I’m not going to say that the concerns weren’t justified.

cleanyman
16-12-2018, 10:04 PM
Fantastic victory

Let's kick on

stantonhibby
16-12-2018, 10:06 PM
I’ve not saw that if somebody has asked that so apologies if that’s the case. No, I don’t, he’s managed to turn it round to an extent from what looked like a point that it would be an almost impossible task to do so.

The transfer window will be an interesting month. He’s got two guys in Slivka and Hyndman who have finally started to look more like the players we had hoped they’d be. If he can sign well then hopefully we’ll be able to kick in and get ourselves back amongst the top 6.

Fair do's 👍

SMAXXA
16-12-2018, 10:09 PM
Brilliant manager deserves all our support we’ll done

tamig
16-12-2018, 10:12 PM
Have you got a link to the poll please?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?335714-Should-Neil-Lennon-remain-hibs-manager&p=5621664#post5621664

The Spaceman
16-12-2018, 10:17 PM
All the prima donnas wanting Lennon out the door 2 weeks ago can take a wee seat :na na:

tamig
16-12-2018, 10:18 PM

There is a lot of work still to do. However, despite that crisis we are still just four points off the top four. The Butcher comparison isn’t fair imo. Butcher had only been in the door and things went pear shaped fairly quickly. NL had plenty credit in the bank for me, yet there were a vociferous few who chose not to back him. Their perogative but very disappointing to see as far as I’m concerned.

jacomo
16-12-2018, 10:56 PM
That point will come if/when we start to climb the table. As it stands just now I’m happy enough for him to stay as we seem to be turning things around. We’re still 8th in the league though so until we start to climb the table I’m not going to say that the concerns weren’t justified.

Easy to support the team when we’re winning. It’s when we hit adversity that we see who can keep their heads.

The Green Goblin
16-12-2018, 11:17 PM
How would fans know who would do any better? We’re Hibs fans, we don’t have a dossier of potential managers for when Lennon leaves. People will be able to point to Clarke but after that I’m not sure why anyone would expect the fans to be able to draw up a shortlist of replacements, much in the same way that if someone says we need a new striker nobody would expect somebody to rattle off a bunch of strikers that we could look to realistically recruit.

The issue is whether they need replacing in the first place. From your post above, sounds as if the “fans” aren’t always in the best position to judge.

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 11:20 PM
The issue is whether they need replacing in the first place. From your post above, sounds as if the “fans” aren’t always in the best position to judge.

Of course fans aren't in the best place to judge. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, we don't see players or the manager in training every day. Doesn't mean fans aren't entitled to an opinion based on the evidence (performances and results) that is provided to them though.

houstonhibbee
17-12-2018, 06:44 AM
No. Ashamed that they were calling for the manager to go

Onion
17-12-2018, 07:33 AM
Lennons interview says it all from praising the performance today, to the extent of his frustration that he hasn't been getting near that performance or attitude from them, he is exactly right they have been short changing us all. His reflecting that literally it means very little if it's not going to be continued/followed up, we need to see who turns up on Wednesday, then Saturday and then the following week and so on !!
The players set new standards today and expectations, that Lennon will rightly demand ...he got it very right today and the players delivered ..GGTTH

Agreed. Lennon got the tactics spot on but that doesn't explain the performance and effort yesterday. Have you ever seen Mallan, Slivka, Horgan and Hyndman work so hard in a game ? We'll find out in the next 2 games whether Lennon has fixed the problem or if this was just another case of players playing for their own futures - live on TV against the champs and against a team who are more open and give you a bit more time on the ball.

MWHIBBIES
17-12-2018, 07:34 AM
Agreed. Lennon got the tactics spot on but that doesn't explain the performance and effort yesterday. Have you ever seen Mallan, Slivka, Horgan and Hyndman work so hard in a game ? We'll find out in the next 2 games whether Lennon has fixed the problem or if this was just another case of players playing for their own futures - live on TV against the champs and against a team who are more open and give you a bit more time on the ball.

Seen them all work that hard plenty of times this season. Work rate really wasn't our problem during the bad spell.

calumhibee1
17-12-2018, 08:21 AM
No. Ashamed that they were calling for the manager to go

Ashamed for having an opinion? :confused: The lack of ability to accept a differing opinion can be quite incredible at times. By all means people can disagree with each other, debate with each other but the idea that people should be “ashamed” because they held/hold a differing opinion to others is ridiculous. What a boring place this would be if people didn’t give there opinion on our club for fear of being “ashamed” of holding it.

Anyway, I’m not going to debate it any further. This weekend has probably been the most positive so far of this season, it’s not the time for it.

Bring on the Zombies :aok:

houstonhibbee
17-12-2018, 10:09 AM
Ashamed for having an opinion? :confused: The lack of ability to accept a differing opinion can be quite incredible at times. By all means people can disagree with each other, debate with each other but the idea that people should be “ashamed” because they held/hold a differing opinion to others is ridiculous. What a boring place this would be if people didn’t give there opinion on our club for fear of being “ashamed” of holding it.

Anyway, I’m not going to debate it any further. This weekend has probably been the most positive so far of this season, it’s not the time for it.

Bring on the Zombies :aok:
So I assume you’re sticking by your opinion that you want a new manager or have you changed your mind and realized that was just ridiculous nonsense? You haven’t said

Baldy Foghorn
17-12-2018, 10:36 AM
Have the ones who said he was a "coward", changed their opinions?

The Man is a genius:flag:

Souter96Mac
17-12-2018, 10:47 AM
I said this a couple weeks ago. Lennon deserves patience, he's earned that right after getting us promoted at his first attempt, and getting us into Europe in our first season back in the prem.
The man's a winner, and I want him at my club for a long time.

SRHibs
17-12-2018, 10:52 AM
The criticism and panic about the management team was a reflection of their own (public) attitude towards the bad spell. Not doing interviews, and just having Parker up there absolutely panning the squad just felt all wrong. If a unified front had been presented then I imagine the reaction on here would’ve mirrored that. Maybe calling out the players is what was needed though, based on that fantastic performance yesterday.

HibeeHibernian4
17-12-2018, 11:33 AM
So I assume you’re sticking by your opinion that you want a new manager or have you changed your mind and realized that was just ridiculous nonsense? You haven’t said

He has said. Repeatedly. You not being bothered/capable of reading that isn't an excuse.

I am delighted that Lennon has, for now, turned things around, but he has made things hard for himself with that winless in seven run, because we are still in 8th and it will take a string of three-four results to really propel us up the table to where we need to be (4th-6th).

lyonhibs
17-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Never doubted him for a second tbh. The man's a winner and I'm extremely glad we've got him at the helm.

Beefster
17-12-2018, 04:51 PM
I am delighted that Lennon has, for now, turned things around, but he has made things hard for himself with that winless in seven run, because we are still in 8th and it will take a string of three-four results to really propel us up the table to where we need to be (4th-6th).

Sounds like you’ve got Lennon’s back.

emerald green
17-12-2018, 07:04 PM
When teams are winning, the manager is a genius; when they are losing, he gets called everything under the sun, none of it complimentary.

That applies at every club, not just Hibs.

HibeeHibernian4
17-12-2018, 07:25 PM
When teams are winning, the manager is a genius; when they are losing, he gets called everything under the sun, none of it complimentary.

That applies at every club, not just Hibs.

Yes, but as we all know the overall picture is more complex than that. These last two wins do not make Lennon a genius, just as the last seven games before them do not make him useless.

The 90+2
17-12-2018, 07:31 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?335714-Should-Neil-Lennon-remain-hibs-manager&p=5621664#post5621664

Thanks. My opinion hasn’t changed on the matter a motivated committed Neil Lennon is the best man for the job 👍

flash
17-12-2018, 07:37 PM
He has said. Repeatedly. You not being bothered/capable of reading that isn't an excuse.

Aye you sound delighted right enough.

The 90+2
17-12-2018, 07:43 PM
Yes, but as we all know the overall picture is more complex than that. These last two wins do not make Lennon a genius, just as the last seven games before them do not make him useless.

Lennon motivated is a brilliant manager. There’s no doubt about it.

HibeeHibernian4
17-12-2018, 08:48 PM
Aye you sound delighted right enough.

That's right, mate.

I'm there week in, week out, home and away, but I actually secretly get pleasure from Hibs' manager not being able to buy a win for an extended period of time, and am gutted that he's managed to recover last season's form. :rolleyes:

Welt.

flash
17-12-2018, 10:36 PM
That's right, mate.

I'm there week in, week out, home and away, but I actually secretly get pleasure from Hibs' manager not being able to buy a win for an extended period of time, and am gutted that he's managed to recover last season's form. :rolleyes:

Welt.
Easy tiger.