PDA

View Full Version : Keep the Old Firm Down to Half a Stand Each

Pages : [1] 2

HibeeHibernian4
16-12-2018, 02:35 PM
I'm serious, I don't care what the cost is. The difference between them having a full stand roaring them on and having half a stand was so noticeable. We will win more games and we will earn more money by keeping both of those horrible clubs down to half a stand each.

SirDavidsNapper
16-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Absolutely.

makaveli1875
16-12-2018, 02:37 PM
They had a full stand last time .. we beat them all the same.

Hibeesmad
16-12-2018, 02:37 PM
Keep results coming like that and we will fill the south stand no problem. I expect to see more people go on Wednesday now

Frazerbob
16-12-2018, 02:55 PM
Probably cost us a fair few bob as we sold very few in the south stand but 100% worth it. By a country mile the quietest I’ve ever heard the away stand st a Celtic game. No question a full, noisy stand helps the old firm.

Onion
16-12-2018, 02:55 PM
Must admit when we walked in and saw hundreds of empty seats in the South, looked a bit silly. But once the game started, the effect was clear- hardly heard the plastics all game. If we keep producing performances like that then it’s worth the lost revenue.

Carheenlea
16-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Playing like we did today a full South of Celtic fans wouldn’t have made any difference, but playing like that today should ensure a fuller Hibs half on Wednesday. It was the quietest I’ve ever heard Celtic.

Keith_M
16-12-2018, 03:00 PM
Totally agree.

l had doubts about whether now was the right time but I really enjoyed having so few of them today

16-12-2018, 03:02 PM
Celtic fans were quieter than I think I’ve ever seen then. Odd.

Green_one
16-12-2018, 03:05 PM

Enjoyed seeing them but not hearing them. Happy to keep their numbers down

Saturday Boy
16-12-2018, 03:06 PM

They were halfway through “What a ***** home support” when Slivka stuck the ball in the net.

Pretty quiet after that 😄😄

Cabbage East
16-12-2018, 03:07 PM
They had a full stand last time .. we beat them all the same.

You’ve missed the point completely.

The Green Goblin
16-12-2018, 03:11 PM
I'm serious, I don't care what the cost is. The difference between them having a full stand roaring them on and having half a stand was so noticeable. We will win more games and we will earn more money by keeping both of those horrible clubs down to half a stand each.

I was saying this after the game. The difference is massive and it definitely played a part today. We should never change it back.

sauzee=legend
16-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Did they actually sing a single song/chant?
Worlds greatest fans and all that remember....

The Green Goblin
16-12-2018, 03:13 PM
Must admit when we walked in and saw hundreds of empty seats in the South, looked a bit silly. But once the game started, the effect was clear- hardly heard the plastics all game. If we keep producing performances like that then it’s worth the lost revenue.

The attendance was still decent: 18k +

The Green Goblin
16-12-2018, 03:14 PM
They were halfway through “What a ***** home support” when Slivka stuck the ball in the net.

Pretty quiet after that 😄😄

That was a poetic moment. Made me laugh :greengrin

Wakeyhibee
16-12-2018, 03:16 PM
as long as the Hibs support warrant it then yes keep it this way. (IE we don't go back to 10k crowds)

I know this was a poorer turn out but understandable, and still much better than it was a few years back.

I have a feeling a few more will return v Sevco. I am hoping we've turned a corner and can keep this momentum going so things can happen in January

Onion
16-12-2018, 03:20 PM
Did they actually sing a single song/chant?
Worlds greatest fans and all that remember....

No Rosenbourg to bail them out this time 😎

wookie70
16-12-2018, 03:20 PM
They never got the opportunity to influence today so for me giving them half the stand is a decision that is in the balance. Not sure how much it costs but it must be around £50K. That is the difference between a younger getting a contract for a couple of years. On the other hand they could have given their team a wee lift if they had the full stand and got them playing again. Those pointsmight earn Hibs £50K at the end of teh season. It's a no brainer if we can sell most of the seats but as it is there is a difficult decision to make.

Juniper Greens
16-12-2018, 03:34 PM
They never got the opportunity to influence today so for me giving them half the stand is a decision that is in the balance. Not sure how much it costs but it must be around £50K. That is the difference between a younger getting a contract for a couple of years. On the other hand they could have given their team a wee lift if they had the full stand and got them playing again. Those pointsmight earn Hibs £50K at the end of teh season. It's a no brainer if we can sell most of the seats but as it is there is a difficult decision to make.

50k?! Have a word. I'd be surprised if the loss in profit is more than 20k. A must from now on. Let's just hope the fans come back on Wednesday

davhibby
16-12-2018, 03:44 PM
They tried to get a few songs going second half but it was so quiet they got drowned out easily. Well done hibs for making the decision and hopefully we'll have more fans in the south on Wed

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 03:46 PM
It helped I think and there will be now more fans there on weds on the back of the result. It’s the only way the club will grown and should be applauded for having the baws to do so.

Lancs Harp
16-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Perhaps arrange for a few restricted view posts to be installed next time too. :wink::greengrin

Aim Here
16-12-2018, 03:49 PM

To be fair, I suspect that the major factor in the silence from the South today was the fact that we scored a goal 40 seconds from kickoff...

Keith_M
16-12-2018, 03:51 PM
50k?! Have a word. I'd be surprised if the loss in profit is more than 20k. A must from now on. Let's just hope the fans come back on Wednesday

2,000 short of capacity, at about £25 per head sounds about right.

The thing is, there won't be nearly so many empty seats next time, not after today's result

GreenCastle
16-12-2018, 03:54 PM

Worst Celtic support I’ve ever heard. Hardly a song.

Agree - I would limit Celtic and Sevco to the minimal as it does make a difference.

HibeeHibernian4
16-12-2018, 04:05 PM
To be fair, I suspect that the major factor in the silence from the South today was the fact that we scored a goal 40 seconds from kickoff...

With a full stand, they would've rallied in the second half and produced a lot of noise to try and inspire their team into a comeback. It didn't happen.

wookie70
16-12-2018, 04:06 PM
2000 tickets at around £25 quid and you can add the extra stewarding that is required to that. Not sure how many seats are lost purely to segregation but it will be a couple of hundred I imagine. That game is a definite sell out if we gave them the full end so I think £50K is a fair figure. It still doesn't mean it was a bad decision though. The fans need to step up to make the clubs decision easy, the club have done their bit.

Pretty Boy
16-12-2018, 04:18 PM
Hardly heard them.

Ok the early goal probably helped but I've heard them outsing us even when trailing before. Today they couldn't get anything going and eventually just gave up. If we hit a bit form we'll sell far more in the south than we did today anyway, starting with Wednesday.

Ozyhibby
16-12-2018, 04:58 PM
I think we need to give it more time. It will take time to build up the fan base to the point where we are selling out the south as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
16-12-2018, 05:00 PM
It will probably take HSL a couple of years to make up for the lost income today:duck:

Bristolhibby
16-12-2018, 05:02 PM

This. **** them in future.

J

duffers
16-12-2018, 05:02 PM
It also helps when you score after 46 seconds

Gatecrasher
16-12-2018, 05:32 PM
It will probably take HSL a couple of years to make up for the lost income today:duck:

That's the point I made in the match day thread, what's the point in turning away income one day and asking us to donate money the next? I get that less celtic fans mean they have less influence I. The atmosphere but we've beat them plenty of times before.

Glory Lurker
16-12-2018, 05:40 PM
It also helps when you score after 46 seconds

So, we just make sure and do that from now on, too? Seems pretty simple to me. :-)

Carheenlea
16-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Some great seats in the South, and I think we could shift a fair amount of ST’s in there. Wouldn’t include Hearts obviously but if existing ST holders decided to move in there it would leave some better seats for individual sale elsewhere in ground. If we don’t sell out fully but the crowd is spread out a bit more, visually it will look better. As enjoyable a game it was today it still looked a bit odd having an unopened top half of South and a smattering of Hibs fans down below. Should see more in there in Wednesday now though.

Famous Fiver
16-12-2018, 05:57 PM
In my opinion, it was the correct decision not to give them the whole stand.

Given it cost us cash, but more results like today and we will very soon fill the South stand.

What is more important, more cash, or a good result?

By the mood on here tonight I think I know the answer.

proud_and_green
16-12-2018, 07:08 PM
Some great seats in the South, and I think we could shift a fair amount of ST’s in there. Wouldn’t include Hearts obviously but if existing ST holders decided to move in there it would leave some better seats for individual sale elsewhere in ground. If we don’t sell out fully but the crowd is spread out a bit more, visually it will look better. As enjoyable a game it was today it still looked a bit odd having an unopened top half of South and a smattering of Hibs fans down below. Should see more in there in Wednesday now though.Don't get the bit about existing seasons moving into the south. I like my seat exactly where it is, hated (maybe a bit strong a word) it in the south when we were decanted there for the redevelopment of the east.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

hibbysam
16-12-2018, 08:26 PM
Don't get the bit about existing seasons moving into the south. I like my seat exactly where it is, hated (maybe a bit strong a word) it in the south when we were decanted there for the redevelopment of the east.

I do think with the limited available in the current ‘home’ stands if ST sales continue as they are, we should be selling Cat B seasons in the south to give fans a bigger option of decent views.

theonlywayisup
16-12-2018, 08:31 PM

That's what we said on the way out. Very quiet the whole game.

Billy Whizz
16-12-2018, 08:41 PM
That's what we said on the way out. Very quiet the whole game.

They had nothing to shout about

Montford
16-12-2018, 08:44 PM
Hibs need to hold their nerve here. Celtic fans are fuming at being unable to attend yet don’t understand the sheer hypocrisy of their own club dishing out only 800 tickets to visiting fans. Maybe this will get a change in away fans rules. I had to take two tickets for the home end for the October game at CP due to our paltry allocation and I’ve only managed Ibrox ionce in past 2 years.
The SPFL need to step in and agree a minimum away allocation available for all clubs of say 3000 tickets.
Now it’s highly unlikely many clubs would take the allocation (us and the sheep would take 2/3k that to Ibrox and CP
If we don’t need that many tickets we send the extra ones back.
Rangers and Celtic will go back to getting a full stand but that would be acceptable in this scenario
Otherwise do not give them any extra advantage

Famous Fiver
16-12-2018, 08:48 PM
Well said Arthur.

Liked the jaicket, by the way.

Keith_M
16-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Hibs need to hold their nerve here. Celtic fans are fuming at being unable to attend yet don’t understand the sheer hypocrisy of their own club dishing out only 800 tickets to visiting fans. Maybe this will get a change in away fans rules. I had to take two tickets for the home end for the October game at CP due to our paltry allocation and I’ve only managed Ibrox ionce in past 2 years.
The SPFL need to step in and agree a minimum away allocation available for all clubs of say 3000 tickets.
Now it’s highly unlikely many clubs would take the allocation (us and the sheep would take 2/3k that to Ibrox and CP
If we don’t need that many tickets we send the extra ones back.
Rangers and Celtic will go back to getting a full stand but that would be acceptable in this scenario
Otherwise do not give them any extra advantage

Hearts only took 400 to Celtc Park last month.

:greengrin

The Green Goblin
16-12-2018, 08:52 PM

That’s still a 1:1000 ratio of their fanbase though.

InchHibby
16-12-2018, 08:54 PM

Totally agree, I’ve said this for years, big time noticeable today. GGTTH

Hermit Crab
16-12-2018, 09:02 PM
Probably cost us a fair few bob as we sold very few in the south stand but 100% worth it. By a country mile the quietest I’ve ever heard the away stand st a Celtic game. No question a full, noisy stand helps the old firm.

Made that back with the prize money for the win though. :greengrin

Montford
16-12-2018, 09:29 PM

Doesn’t matter, it’s the principle of having the option
Imagine we were top of the league going into the split and have a game at CP. we would easily take 4/5/6 thousand but Celtic would give us 750.
Thenthink of all the times them or the currants have had 4K plus for Easter road when going for the title
This slight of hand does everything to give every little advantage to the Glasgow 2..

Fife-Hibee
16-12-2018, 09:37 PM
Forgot Celtic even had any fans at the game today, let's keep it that way. They were absolutely gash.

RMQ1967
16-12-2018, 09:54 PM

Terrible decision - throwing money away. £50k that could be used to fund a youth team for a year or go towards the East Mains improvements. Better to fill the stadium & improve the atmosphere. Absolute nonsense decision - by that logic why not restrict the OF & Jambo to 100 - nearly a million in lost revenue but they won't be able to cheer if their team are winning. OF mentality is rubbing off.

Hermit Crab
16-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Terrible decision - throwing money away. £50k that could be used to fund a youth team for a year or go towards the East Mains improvements. Better to fill the stadium & improve the atmosphere. Absolute nonsense decision - by that logic why not restrict the OF & Jambo to 100 - nearly a million in lost revenue but they won't be able to cheer if their team are winning. OF mentality is rubbing off.

Rubbish.

CropleyWasGod
16-12-2018, 10:00 PM
Terrible decision - throwing money away. £50k that could be used to fund a youth team for a year or go towards the East Mains improvements. Better to fill the stadium & improve the atmosphere. Absolute nonsense decision - by that logic why not restrict the OF & Jambo to 100 - nearly a million in lost revenue but they won't be able to cheer if their team are winning. OF mentality is rubbing off.Take off the VAT, and it's about 42k.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

weecounty hibby
16-12-2018, 10:04 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that keeping them down to 1/2 the Dunbar end made a difference today. They made no noise before or during the match. I have been watching for too many years as a full away end against the bigot twins has made a difference to their teams. I though the atmosphere was just fine today, made even better with no audible songs glorifying paramilitary organisations. Well done Hibs, the right decision

Daydreamer
16-12-2018, 10:04 PM
Rubbish.

Well if thats the case just leave the south empty or 400 tickets for away supporters

Hermit Crab
16-12-2018, 10:11 PM
Well if thats the case just leave the south empty or 400 tickets for away supporters

It usually is empty for the run of mill games v Stj, StM, Motherwell Hamilton etc. Whats the difference? ***** the OF, Less of them the better. Whats more important, a win, points on the board and good team on the park or money?

stantonhibby
16-12-2018, 10:12 PM
It usually is empty for the run of mill games v Stj, StM, Motherwell Hamilton etc. Whats the difference? ***** the OF, Less of them the better. Whats more important, a win, points on the board and good team on the park or money?

Spot on

Daydreamer
16-12-2018, 10:33 PM

Well thats then then we only won because it was empty against the lesser teams. Take their money and use it to f""ck them

proud_and_green
16-12-2018, 10:44 PM
I do think with the limited available in the current ‘home’ stands if ST sales continue as they are, we should be selling Cat B seasons in the south to give fans a bigger option of decent views.Agree with that, don't agree with a suggestion that existing seasons are asked to move to the south so that others can have an opportunity to get a better seat....!

WhileTheChief..
16-12-2018, 10:45 PM
The goal in the first minute had more to do with them being quiet I’d think.

Daydreamer
16-12-2018, 10:53 PM
The goal in the first minute had more to do with them being quiet I’d think.

Also last week at Hamilton there were only 900 hibs supporters there (me being one) but we keep hearing that we only get a thousand for Ipox and ****hed.

joebakerforever
16-12-2018, 11:36 PM
Some are suggesting that the 46 sec goal was the reason the travelling support appeared to be quiet.

Well if you recall, there have been previous occasions at ER where Hibs have taken the lead, but the large OF visiting support have roared them back into the match, resulting in Hibs not taking the full 3 points at the end.

It may sound simplistic, but 700 odd fans ain't going to able to generate the noise 2,000 can make, unless they're all issued with megaphones:shhhsh!:

Another point is that refs can be influenced by the noise the fans make to contentious goalmouth incidents.

Take the example today where Edouard was booked for diving in the second half and ask yourself if the referee would have have done the same if there were a full house of Celtic fans in close proximity behind the goal, screaming for a penalty?

Fife-Hibee
16-12-2018, 11:38 PM

What do you know, we actually agree on something. :greengrin

bodhibs
16-12-2018, 11:47 PM
Torn eh, can't decide if fewer slum dwellers is a bonus or a hindrance. Can see both sides, financial hit and a better atmosphere or have the place full of classless halfwit clowns?

Fife-Hibee
16-12-2018, 11:52 PM
Torn eh, can't decide if fewer slum dwellers is a bonus or a hindrance. Can see both sides, financial hit and a better atmosphere or have the place full of classless halfwit clowns?

If better atmosphere leads to better results, then the finanical hit will only be temporary.

bodhibs
16-12-2018, 11:57 PM
If better atmosphere leads to better results, then the finanical hit will only be temporary.

Ok, you've talked me round. Converted eh.

One Day Soon
17-12-2018, 12:00 AM
Carve them out of half that stand at every opportunity we can. And fill in the ******g corners too. Anything will do, even metal sheeting, if it helps us raise the noise.

Carheenlea
17-12-2018, 12:06 AM
Another point is that refs can be influenced by the noise the fans make to contentious goalmouth incidents.

Take the example today where Edouard was booked for diving in the second half and ask yourself if the referee would have have done the same if there were a full house of Celtic fans in close proximity behind the goal, screaming for a penalty?

Very good point - can`t disagree :agree:

hfc rd
17-12-2018, 12:27 AM

My thoughts exactly as well. Virtually heard f*** all from them all game.

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 04:43 AM
Also last week at Hamilton there were only 900 hibs supporters there (me being one) but we keep hearing that we only get a thousand for Ipox and ****hed.

Not true. There was just under 1200 at the game.

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 04:44 AM
What do you know, we actually agree on something. :greengrin

Well bugger me sideways with a pitchfork!

LustForLeith
17-12-2018, 06:50 AM
I’ve always thought they should put the singing section in half of the south stand. The place would be bouncing

snedzuk
17-12-2018, 06:57 AM
There is no old firm.

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 08:59 AM
I’ve always thought they should put the singing section in half of the south stand. The place would be bouncing

Where would they go when we play Hearts though?

GreenCastle
17-12-2018, 09:34 AM

It needs to be in the lower tier of the Famous Five or South Stand.

I personally wouldn’t give any away support more than yesterday and that includes the yams. They would do the same at the tiny library but I could deal with that.

We should never give anyone the full stand again.

Phil MaGlass
17-12-2018, 12:30 PM

Agree, it was very noticable, i mentioned this on another thread.

Keith_M
17-12-2018, 03:42 PM

You do realise there's a very big difference in the numbers we could take to the other two stadia, don't you?

Plus the Hamilton figure was a lot lower because it was at the end of a very poor run. We took 1,800 to Paisley this season already.

WhileTheChief..
17-12-2018, 03:50 PM
So if you think this is a good idea and we should continue to restrict away fans numbers, can you now stop asking more fans to sign up to HSL as a few tenners a month are obviously not needed anymore?

Or, do we need to ask fans to stump up even more to make up for the lost revenue?!

Appears that we want more cash coming in but not from Rangers or Celtic fans? We want our own to pay more yeah?

Mental.

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 03:54 PM
You do realise there's a very big difference in the numbers we could take to the other two stadia, don't you?

Plus the Hamilton figure was a lot lower because it was at the end of a very poor run. We took 1,800 to Paisley this season already.

Impossible, the away section at St Mirren only holds 1633 and we never sold out, there was PATG that day too.

Keith_M
17-12-2018, 03:56 PM
So if you think this is a good idea and we should continue to restrict away fans numbers, can you now stop asking more fans to sign up to HSL as a few tenners a month are obviously not needed anymore?

Or, do we need to ask fans to stump up even more to make up for the lost revenue?!

Appears that we want more cash coming in but not from Rangers or Celtic fans? We want our own to pay more yeah?

Mental.

I think it should all depend on the sales for subsequent games against those two this season. If we could sell over a thousand ticket to Hibs Fan in the South Stand for each game, then I'd argue it would be worthwhile. If not, then maybe it's not such a great idea.

If you think there's no point donating to HSL because of it, then feel free to stop. It's your choice.

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 03:57 PM
Still only bout half of section 26 in the South stand sold for this game which is disappointing, what do Hibs have to do to shift tickets...?

Keith_M
17-12-2018, 03:57 PM
Impossible, the away section at St Mirren only holds 1633 and we never sold out, there was PATG that day too.

Are you sure they didn't announce a figure just under 1,800?

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 03:58 PM
Are you sure they didn't announce a figure just under 1,800?

East Stand (Greenhill Road) - capacity 2,220. (Main Stand)
West Stand (Craigielea Drive) - capacity 2,516. (2 sections for Away Stand Overspill or small away support)
North Stand (Ferguslie Park Avenue) - capacity 1,633. (Away Stand)
South Stand (Drums Avenue) - capacity 1,654. (Family Stand)

Keith_M
17-12-2018, 04:03 PM
East Stand (Greenhill Road) - capacity 2,220. (Main Stand)
West Stand (Craigielea Drive) - capacity 2,516. (2 sections for Away Stand Overspill or small away support)
North Stand (Ferguslie Park Avenue) - capacity 1,633. (Away Stand)
South Stand (Drums Avenue) - capa
city 1,654. (Family Stand)

I stand corrected. I must have been thinking about another game.

However, my original point was in regards to how many we took to Hamilton being lower than other similar games, and our end at St Mirren was almost full, so it's still a big difference.

hibbysam
17-12-2018, 04:03 PM

Mental.

Isn’t that how football clubs work? Your own fans generally stump up most money. We shouldn’t be turning our own away under any circumstances, if we want to grow, we open the south to our own, we sell however many tickets we sell, we scud Celtic and entice those fans to come back and bring others with them on Wednesday, the cycle then continues.

HSL isn’t a necessity for hibs, it is a bonus. It helps buy a player we couldn’t otherwise buy. It could be a huge bonus, and if we win games, sell out, and those fans selling out also donate to HSL then it’s a huge bonus.

Grow a set and stick up for the club through these decisions rather than berate them. Presumably would be having a go at the club if we gave them the whole stand and then 1000 ended up missing out for the hibs end due to lack of tickets available.

Radium
17-12-2018, 04:06 PM

Mental.

Few years ago building the East was a waste of money because we couldn’t fill it.

We are now at the stage that season tickets take up the vast majority of the home stands. Success on the pitch has driven this.

If we are to continue to grow our attendances we need to have attractive seats available and the only place available is the Dunbar End.

Our approach with TRIFC and CFC reflects their own approach to prioritise their own home support.

Over time it may or may not work but I think it is worth the effort .

Carheenlea
17-12-2018, 04:07 PM
We could end up with more in the South for Livingston on Saturday than for Rangers in Wednesday with it being a Hibs Kids fixture. Still time to shift a few more and hopefully yesterday’s result and performance can persuade those who were maybe swithering.

WhileTheChief..
17-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Grow a set?

No idea what you’re on about.

SirDavidsNapper
17-12-2018, 04:11 PM
The days of Hibs letting those two Glasgow clubs pull our pants down are long gone. Treat their fans with the same contempt they treat us with. Easter Road is our stadium. We should use it in whatever way is necessary within the rules to gain advantage and get a result on the park. Slashing their allocation helped us yesterday there's absolutely no doubt about that and it'll help us on Wednesday too. Well done Hibs. Give me that over 50k any day. We coud potentially get that money back plus more in league position from wins against them at home.

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 04:15 PM
We could end up with more in the South for Livingston on Saturday than for Rangers in Wednesday with it being a Hibs Kids fixture. Still time to shift a few more and hopefully yesterday’s result and performance can persuade those who were maybe swithering.

I think the game being on tv is slowing sales a tad, a great chance to do a Glasgow double at home in the space of 4 days, whens the last time we could say that? I know where I'd rather watch the game.

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 04:18 PM
The days of Hibs letting those two Glasgow clubs pull our pants down are long gone. Treat their fans with the same contempt they treat us with. Easter Road is our stadium. We should use it in whatever way is necessary within the rules to gain advantage and get a result on the park. Slashing their allocation helped us yesterday there's absolutely no doubt about that and it'll help us on Wednesday too. Well done Hibs. Give me that over 50k any day. We coud potentially get that money back plus more in league position from wins against them at home.

Prior to 2001 the OF and Hearts got the whole South and a quarter of the West stand, now while Hearts still quite rightly get the whole South the ugly sisters are restricted to 1800 tickets and quite right too. f*** them.

WhileTheChief..
17-12-2018, 04:21 PM

Maybe there’s no doubt in your mind that the reduced ticket allocation played a part in our result.

That’s just your thoughts though and maybe a few others.

I think it had zero impact on the result and that we beat them due to Lenno setting us up brilliantly and the players carrying out their instructions to a T.

I also think Celtic were well below par, certainly in comparison to the display they put on against Kilmarnock.

I think you’re doing the team a massive disservice and I highly doubt that Lennon thinks we won cause of it.

If what you say is true then clearly we should restrict away fans to the bare minimum for every single game and we will be challenging for the title!

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 04:31 PM
Maybe there’s no doubt in your mind that the reduced ticket allocation played a part in our result.

That’s just your thoughts though and maybe a few others.

I think it had zero impact on the result and that we beat them due to Lenno setting us up brilliantly and the players carrying out their instructions to a T.

I also think Celtic were well below par, certainly in comparison to the display they put on against Kilmarnock.

I think you’re doing the team a massive disservice and I highly doubt that Lennon thinks we won cause of it.

If what you say is true then clearly we should restrict away fans to the bare minimum for every single game and we will be challenging for the title!

I think the smaller, quieter away crowd had an impact on the result but not as much as some are suggesting.

The Green Goblin
17-12-2018, 04:34 PM

Agree with all of this.

The Green Goblin
17-12-2018, 04:35 PM
I think the smaller, quieter away crowd had an impact on the result but not as much as some are suggesting.

I think it was more the case that it had much less impact on the opposition team. Any impact on the result in our favour is a good thing imo.

hibbyfraelibby
17-12-2018, 04:48 PM
I've said on another thread that from next season we should sell seasons in the South Lower for all but the Derby with those who have STs in the South getting first dibs on tickets for that game a week before any remaining tickets go on general sale. In fact I would go further and shift the Family Section into there and bring the Singing Section downstairs in the North behind the goals.

Since90+2
17-12-2018, 04:51 PM
I've said on another thread that from next season we should sell seasons in the South Lower for all but the Derby with those who have STs in the South getting first dibs on tickets for that game a week before any remaining tickets go on general sale. In fact I would go further and shift the Family Section into there and bring the Singing Section downstairs in the North behind the goals.

The club wouldn't move the family section directly beside the away fans. Wouldn't be fair on kids sitting that close to Rangers and Celtic fans.

Keith_M
17-12-2018, 05:42 PM
The club wouldn't move the family section directly beside the away fans. Wouldn't be fair on kids sitting that close to Rangers and Celtic fans.

I took two 12 year-olds on saturday and they didn't mind a bit.

:wink:

I do get your point though.

Maybe Hibs could re-introduce Category B Season Tickets for that part of the ground. Then all those that buy in FF Lower, but hardly ever turn up, could just buy tickets in there instead.

That would free up seats in the FF Lower for those of us that are trying to get groups of seats together with kids in a decent part of the ground.

IberianHibernian
17-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Not read whole thread but read enough to see I`m in a small minority here who think we should have given Celtic whole South . One way or another decision should have been made at least a week sooner so Hibs fans could have bought groups of tickets in South instead of having only option of single seats in other stands . By time desision was made , it will have been too late for many fans . Also , do we know that Celtic would have accepted more tickets less than a week before the match ?

BSEJVT
17-12-2018, 06:02 PM

Mental.

Have to say you are making an arse of yourself with your anti HSL agenda.

Linking HSL and whether to not sell half the South Stand to Rangers & Celtic is completely facile.

One is a decision by the club for the club and its support who are tired of the pish spouted by both sides of the old firm.

If 100 more Hibs fans get to see our team as result the lost revenue is worth it.

How many of those 100 do you think wont want to come back?

The other is a conscious decision by some supporters who choose to and are able to, to donate monies to HSL to help secure both the clubs future through the construction of a block shareholding which would prevent a Mercer type situation from ever occurring again whilst adding to the playing budget at the same time.

I get that folk maybe don't want to get involved, I get that others cant, I also get folk don't fancy greater fan ownership.

What I cant understand is why folk like you seem determined to discourage others from considering the issue by puerile statements such as "Appears that we want more cash coming in but not from Rangers or Celtic fans? We want our own to pay more yeah?"

If you have lost the validity of HSL argument then take it on the chin and move on or ignore it,

All you are doing is demeaning yourself with stupidity like your above post.

WhileTheChief..
17-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Do we need extra cash from fan donations or not?

If we do, then how can we afford to miss out of ticket sales? It’s a pretty straight forward, simple question without any agenda at all.

Really no need for the name calling, we’re just having a discussion here. Stop trying to cause a fight that doesn’t exist.

MWHIBBIES
17-12-2018, 06:16 PM

If we do, then how can we afford to miss out of ticket sales? It’s a pretty straight forward, simple question without any agenda at all.

Really no need for the name calling, we’re just having a discussion here. Stop trying to cause a fight that doesn’t exist.This was a hopefully rare occasion of us going into the game on the back of a poor run. If we'd won the last 7 games then we would have filled all 4 stands with Hibs fans.

If anyone stops donating to HSL based on this that is unbelievably pathetic IMO.

Blaster
17-12-2018, 06:17 PM

Really no need for the name calling, we’re just having a discussion here. Stop trying to cause a fight that doesn’t exist.

I see where you are coming from and personally thought we should have given them the whole end. My opinion changed yesterday

Yes we could have sold more tickets had we done that. But we also need the ability for our own support to grow. Maybe it was a short term financial hit but maybe we’ll benefit in the longer term.

And if it doesn’t work then we give them the full end again. Despite what they say they would still take them

WhileTheChief..
17-12-2018, 06:27 PM
This was a hopefully rare occasion of us going into the game on the back of a poor run. If we'd won the last 7 games then we would have filled all 4 stands with Hibs fans.

If anyone stops donating to HSL based on this that is unbelievably pathetic IMO.

Look, I have never suggested that people will, or should, stop donating for any reason. Where are you guys getting this from?

I think though, that if the fans are suggesting stopping selling tickets to away fans, then it’s valid to ask about the financial implications of doing so.

We discuss the cost of tickets and pies etc. We discuss our annual accounts. We all want more money coming into the club.

Why you’re all so sensitive to anything being said about HSL?

I’ve never said I’m against HSL in any shape or form on any thread at any time.

emerald green
17-12-2018, 06:34 PM

It's not odd. You only hear them when they are winning and steam rolling teams. Huns and Hearts are the same.

Stonewall
17-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Atmosphere is often a bit flat for Sunday lunchtime kick offs.

BSEJVT
17-12-2018, 06:51 PM

Do we need HSL donations as in we will go bust if we don't get them. No

Do we need them to get to over 25% shareholding as a blocking vote. Yes

Do we need them if we want to keep pace with our peers who I would contend are Hearts and Aberdeen. Yes

Don't think I called you anything? I was careful not to.

I did say you were making an arse of and demeaning yourself with your position and I stand by that.

Your decision to link many things back to HSL is bizarre.

Like me on the other side of the debate, I think folk know your position by now.

I have pretty much refrained from comment on encouraging folk to join HSL for a while now as I was even boring myself.

At the risk of repeating myself HSL is a vehicle for those that wish to give more money to the club and is completely separate from any decision made by the board as to how the club operates.

Contribute / Don't contribute folk don't much care.

Why you feel the need to have a dig at those who do contribute willingly or question the validity of their choice constantly, escapes me.

I think you are sadly mistaken if you think that in doing so it will convert people to your scepticism.

It just makes you look as though you are trying to justify your position by clinging to anything you think you can twist to do so.

Folk aren't daft the link between the two issues is non existent.

SirDavidsNapper
17-12-2018, 06:51 PM
A full south is very loud. Even Hearts showed that when celebrating going in at HT 0-0.

A full stand of away fans is a huge boost to the away side. Hope we keep reducing it against the bigot brothers.

LustForLeith
17-12-2018, 06:53 PM
Where would they go when we play Hearts though?

Same stand

Gatecrasher
17-12-2018, 07:01 PM
This was a hopefully rare occasion of us going into the game on the back of a poor run. If we'd won the last 7 games then we would have filled all 4 stands with Hibs fans.

I have never seen this happen since the stadium was finished. The crux of the matter for me, over and above everything I put into the club I am donating a monthly amount by D/D and there are many in a similar position. Now I’m saying I am stopping the D/D or anything but if we are basically turning away thousands of pounds per year and the amount we are turning away is far greater than what I am putting in via the D/D I have found myself asking what is the point?

Onion
17-12-2018, 07:24 PM
Some are suggesting that the 46 sec goal was the reason the travelling support appeared to be quiet.

Well if you recall, there have been previous occasions at ER where Hibs have taken the lead, but the large OF visiting support have roared them back into the match, resulting in Hibs not taking the full 3 points at the end.

It may sound simplistic, but 700 odd fans ain't going to able to generate the noise 2,000 can make, unless they're all issued with megaphones:shhhsh!:

Very valid point. Refs are worried enough just with the thought of giving decisions against them, so reducing the vocal inTIMindation can only help Hibs :greengrin

HibeeHibernian4
17-12-2018, 07:29 PM

Mental.

All of this makes sound financial sense, but here's the problem for me.

I don't care about finances, I don't support Hibs for their solid financial, business decisions.

We are a football club, and the fact football's turned into a business saddens me, but the genie's out of the bottle on that one.

But we can still control things and help our team improve our chances of winning big games. Reducing Celtic and Rangers to 1,800 tickets (still DOUBLE what either of them give us) is one way of doing this. It also sends them a message - we are not here to be taken the p*ss out of.

MWHIBBIES
17-12-2018, 07:33 PM
I have never seen this happen since the stadium was finished. The crux of the matter for me, over and above everything I put into the club I am donating a monthly amount by D/D and there are many in a similar position. Now I’m saying I am stopping the D/D or anything but if we are basically turning away thousands of pounds per year and the amount we are turning away is far greater than what I am putting in via the D/D I have found myself asking what is the point?Didn't we sell 3.5 vs the huns in the 5-5? And the other half was them? That would be the norm if we were in good form.

Gatecrasher
17-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Didn't we sell 3.5 vs the huns in the 5-5? And the other half was them? That would be the norm if we were in good form.

You might be right on that one, but if it was the norm it wouldn't be discussed, on sunday there was probably less than 200 hibs fans in the south

WhileTheChief..
17-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Do we need HSL donations as in we will go bust if we don't get them. No

Do we need them to get to over 25% shareholding as a blocking vote. Yes

Do we need them if we want to keep pace with our peers who I would contend are Hearts and Aberdeen. Yes

Don't think I called you anything? I was careful not to.

I did say you were making an arse of and demeaning yourself with your position and I stand by that.

Your decision to link many things back to HSL is bizarre.

Like me on the other side of the debate, I think folk know your position by now.

I have pretty much refrained from comment on encouraging folk to join HSL for a while now as I was even boring myself.

At the risk of repeating myself HSL is a vehicle for those that wish to give more money to the club and is completely separate from any decision made by the board as to how the club operates.

Contribute / Don't contribute folk don't much care.

Why you feel the need to have a dig at those who do contribute willingly or question the validity of their choice constantly, escapes me.

I think you are sadly mistaken if you think that in doing so it will convert people to your scepticism.

It just makes you look as though you are trying to justify your position by clinging to anything you think you can twist to do so.

Folk aren't daft the link between the two issues is non existent.

When have I made a dig at those who contribute? I’ve never done that so stop with the false allegations.

You have taken issue issue with me and are trying to make it personal for some reason? Why not just discuss the point instead of trying to argue with me?

You make claims about me justifying a position. I don’t have one.

Clinging to anything? Again, what makes you think that, my posts on this thread are perfectly clear if you read them.

I’m asking a question. That’s all. I’ve no agenda, position or anything else.

If that is being an arse then I’m fine with that!

Hermit Crab
17-12-2018, 10:17 PM
Same stand

They can’t. Hearts get the whole South and always will. Just as we will always get the full roseburn when we play there.

Humo
18-12-2018, 12:00 AM
When have I made a dig at those who contribute? I’ve never done that so stop with the false allegations.

You have taken issue issue with me and are trying to make it personal for some reason? Why not just discuss the point instead of trying to argue with me?

Clinging to anything? Again, what makes you think that, my posts on this thread are perfectly clear if you read them.

If that is being an arse then I’m fine with that!Too be fair mate you are pretty vocal in a negative way about HSL and it really does come across like you've got an agenda.

Not saying you do just saying how it comes across

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Juniper Greens
18-12-2018, 08:28 AM
Sales looking a wee bit healthier now

Perhaps time to open another section?

Keith_M
18-12-2018, 08:55 AM

Here's an idea for you.

If you think it's a waste of time donating to HSL,for whatever reason, then just don't donate. It's nobody else's business so nobody can and should judge you.

Obviously, the reverse applies to those that still want to donate. It's their business and there's alone. Not mine, not yours.

davhibby
18-12-2018, 09:02 AM
A big factor that people are also missing is that we've got 3 cat A home games in the most expensive month of the year for the majority of people. This will have an effect on the number that might give the games v the OF a miss and save money by watching on tv

we are hibs
18-12-2018, 09:04 AM
Sales looking a wee bit healthier now

Perhaps time to open another section?

Think half the section next to the current one will go on sale later today then you've got the people who will buy tomorrow before the game too. I would be surprised if the lower part isn't full.

RMQ1967
18-12-2018, 09:36 AM
Look, I have never suggested that people will, or should, stop donating for any reason. Where are you guys getting this from?

I think though, that if the fans are suggesting stopping selling tickets to away fans, then it’s valid to ask about the financial implications of doing so.

We discuss the cost of tickets and pies etc. We discuss our annual accounts. We all want more money coming into the club.

Why you’re all so sensitive to anything being said about HSL?

I’ve never said I’m against HSL in any shape or form on any thread at any time.

Good points well made & pretty clear to anyone who's not trying to deflect the debate.

It's money down the drain & the points made about the away fans influence on their team & referee are being massively overstated. If we're playing well we won't hear anything from the away fans.

There are always around 1000 vacant seats in the home stands in a sellout crowd & we should be looking at more imaginative ways to get them filled.

Onion
18-12-2018, 09:57 AM
I think it was more the case that it had much less impact on the opposition team. Any impact on the result in our favour is a good thing imo.

Agree. Not sure how anyone can say it had zero effect or it had a massive effect. Sunday broke new ground, with possibly the smallest Celtic support ever to watch a Hibs v Celtic match ? What we do know is Celtic were surprisingly poor, Hibs were surprisingly good and the Celtic supporters were as quiet as I've ever known them. Yes, it may have been coincidence and other effects but games are often decided by small margins.

So far we have a 100% record against the Champions when they were denied a big vocal support :greengrin:flag:

PatHead
18-12-2018, 10:08 AM
Agree. Not sure how anyone can say it had zero effect or it had a massive effect. Sunday broke new ground, with possibly the smallest Celtic support ever to watch a Hibs v Celtic match ? What we do know is Celtic were surprisingly poor, Hibs were surprisingly good and the Celtic supporters were as quiet as I've ever known them. Yes, it may have been coincidence and other effects but games are often decided by small margins.

So far we have a 100% record against the Champions when they were denied a big vocal support :greengrin:flag:

Agree anything that gives us an edge, no matter how small. it has to be an advantage and we have to be sure to use it.

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2018, 10:48 AM
Good points well made & pretty clear to anyone who's not trying to deflect the debate.

Thanks you!!

happiehibbie
18-12-2018, 11:00 AM
My view on this is that Hibs lost out on possibly 60K in revenue I don't think that any business can afford to lose this amount of money. I would rather fleece Glasgow B ds of them of every penny.

I get we get treated unfairly by them and that's what our board should be bringing them to task over.

we should never cut our noses of to spite our face

I also think that's why supporters should not run football teams

On to Wednesday I hope we turn up for that also

The 90+2
18-12-2018, 11:08 AM
My view on this is that Hibs lost out on possibly 60K in revenue I don't think that any business can afford to lose this amount of money. I would rather fleece Glasgow B ds of them of every penny.

I get we get treated unfairly by them and that's what our board should be bringing them to task over.

Don’t you think that lack of old firm fans will tempt fans next time to attend the games?

Fife-Hibee
18-12-2018, 11:17 AM
**** them, seriously. Even if it only gives us a slight edge, it's still worth it. Just got to go even further to encourage more of our own fans to go to the games.

HibeeHibernian4
18-12-2018, 11:38 AM
It's money down the drain & the points made about the away fans influence on their team & referee are being massively overstated. If we're playing well we won't hear anything from the away fans.

Don Robertson was the referee on Sunday, he was also the referee at Parkhead earlier this season. At Parkhead, he gave us two decisions and then for 75 minutes Hibs were not given a single free kick. On Sunday, he was far more fair and did not bow to their pressure. He is clearly a referee who can be swayed by the appeal of a crowd. A full Celtic end screaming for that Edouard penalty and he might have given it.

silverhibee
18-12-2018, 12:10 PM
You might be right on that one, but if it was the norm it wouldn't be discussed, on sunday there was probably less than 200 hibs fans in the south

Should the club be turning away our own fans (even if it's only a few hundred ) to accomadate away fans.

Juniper Greens
18-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Should the club be turning away our own fans (even if it's only a few hundred ) to accomadate away fans.

No they shouldn't. I take it the stand can only be split in half? Meaning it's 3,800 of them or 1,900 and nothing in between?

Gatecrasher
18-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Should the club be turning away our own fans (even if it's only a few hundred ) to accomadate away fans.To me it looked like there was plenty of empty seats in the home end anyway.

Also when your asking for fans to donate money I believe the discussion is worth having.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

LeithMike
18-12-2018, 12:21 PM
I think the 3 stands are probably sufficient for the home support we get just now and it is always healthy to have demand exceed supply to encourage season ticket sales. I'd be giving Celtic and Rangers the whole South Stand until such time as the demand is there to more than sell half the stand to home fans.

It makes financial sense but also from a football point of view you'd rather see a sold out stadium no matter which team the fans support.

Hibs have been quite right to five it a try but for me it has not been a success. Maybe in a few seasons. . .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HibeeHibernian4
18-12-2018, 12:31 PM
It makes financial sense but also from a football point of view you'd rather see a sold out stadium no matter which team the fans support.

Each to their own, but no, no I wouldn't.

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2018, 12:39 PM
To me it looked like there was plenty of empty seats in the home end anyway.

Also when your asking for fans to donate money I believe the discussion is worth having.

Exactly this.

Weirdly though some folk don’t want to discuss this particular issue and instead just want their own thoughts to be the line the club takes.

silverhibee
18-12-2018, 12:40 PM

So, what if Leeann spoke to both Glasgow clubs in the summer and argued the case for a bigger allocation for us when we travel through to these grounds and she was told to bolt, does she just accept this or play the same game and tell them that there allocation will be cut when they travel to ER, these 2 clubs don't give a f*** for anyone else in Scotland so time to give it back and folk are complaining that we are standing up to these 2 horrible clubs.

Hermit Crab
18-12-2018, 12:54 PM
See if results keep picking up and we have a strong second half of the season along with a good cup run then I can see us having ST holders in the South next season and the only team getting the whole South being Hearts! The way it should be.

Juniper Greens
18-12-2018, 12:56 PM
I think it might attract more fans to these games in future, as the atmosphere is less poisonous. I think it helps our and the refs performance, which might also attract fans.

A short term hit for a long term gain. No difference to other investments made in the club.

I'm all for it

HibeeHibernian4
18-12-2018, 01:05 PM
I think it might attract more fans to these games in future, as the atmosphere is less poisonous. I think it helps our and the refs performance, which might also attract fans.

A short term hit for a long term gain. No difference to other investments made in the club.

I'm all for it

Definitely, and more likely to get people taking their children along too with the reduced risk of trouble.

silverhibee
18-12-2018, 01:13 PM
To me it looked like there was plenty of empty seats in the home end anyway.

I'm assuming that these empty seats in the home stands were ST holders not attending the game, the club can't force folk to come to games but these seats are paid for, the club issued a statement saying that the 3 home stands were sold out, should the club be turning away Hibs fans to accomadate away fans.

BSEJVT
18-12-2018, 01:21 PM

If you had asked that question in isolation I would have thought what a strange concept linking the two issues but heigh ho

Its on the back of your constant negativity over HSL that it is and looks like a position / agenda so I am afraid the poor misunderstood you line doesn't fly at all

Its obvious to a blind man what your agenda is.

Your contribution to each and every thread where you get a chance to have a dig at HSL makes it so.

For you to say you don't have a position on HSL is laughable.

It so obviously irritates you that your anti HSL crusade isn't getting the traction you would like that you have now become defensive over it.

Its a total waste debating the point with you as you are either blind to your prejudice or hard at it.

I am not one of those folk that go back and trawl through past posts to prove a point but maybe a bit of introspection might help you?

Have a look at your posting history over HSL and come back to this message board and tell us that that posting history isn't indicative of someone with an anti HSL agenda?

Btw if you have one that's fine as we are all entitled to am opinion but to pretend otherwise is disingenuous and demeans you.

Keith_M
18-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Exactly this.

Weirdly though some folk don’t want to discuss this particular issue and instead just want their own thoughts to be the line the club takes.

OK, I have a very straightforward question for You. It has a real bearing on how seriously the rest of us will take your concerns about HSL money.

Do you donate to HSL?

Simply answer Yes or No.

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Or just take my word that I have no agenda.

You go and check my history. Nothing I’ve ever posted is anti HSL or trying to discourage folk from donating.

Absolutely nothing at all.

If you check back this thread you’ll see Ive not said anything negative about them here either.

You’re looking for something that isn’t there.

So calm it and stop throwing these allegations against me or quote me where I’ve said these things and I’ll come back and apologise to you.

Liberal Hibby
18-12-2018, 01:30 PM

I'm all for it

Think the gain is more immediate. If having fewer OF fans in the ground helps to make the atmosphere better for Hibs and more intimidating for them then good. Even if it's only marginal it may turn a draw into a win or a defeat into a draw. More points is likely to result in higher league placings = more prize money or European qualification.

If it send their club's management a message we won't be pushed around then even better.

I'd actually take the roof off the south so away fans get soaked when it's wet and reduces any noise they make. Easter Road needs to be as intimidating to Celtic and Rangers as Ibrox or Parkhead is for away fans. Part of their sporting advantage has been the ability to turn away grounds into home fixtures because they have more fans there than the opposition and they make more noise. It used to happen at ER and I'm glad it doesn't any longer.

Keith_M
18-12-2018, 01:31 PM
Or just take my word that I have no agenda.

You go and check my history. Nothing I’ve ever posted is anti HSL or trying to discourage folk from donating.

Absolutely nothing at all.

If you check back this thread you’ll see Ive not said anything negative about them here either.

You’re looking for something that isn’t there.

So calm it and stop throwing these allegations against me or quote me where I’ve said these things and I’ll come back and apologise to you.

Still waiting for your answer........

:cool2:

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2018, 01:38 PM
Yeah I wasn’t going to bother as I don’t see the relevance but since you put a wee smiley on it I’ll say again that I don’t.

I’ve been consistent with that for years and have never hidden it.

I’m not going to go into my reasons why as that will be seen as me encouraging others to follow suite.

Let me ask you this, if you do donate, have I ever said anything that’s made you think “damn he’s right, I’m going to stop”?

Assuming your answer is no, then what makes you think other Hibs fans would take the slightest bit of notice of my posts and think hey, he’s right, I’ll cancel my direct debit.

O think you need to put my views on HSL aside for a moment and focus on what I’m saying in this thread in isolation.

If you think that me asking about fan donations at the same time as fans are advocating cutting tickets for the away support tis being negative towards HSL then we’ll just have to disagree and move on.

I think it’s a valid discussion to have.

Juniper Greens
18-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Think the gain is more immediate. If having fewer OF fans in the ground helps to make the atmosphere better for Hibs and more intimidating for them then good. Even if it's only marginal it may turn a draw into a win or a defeat into a draw. More points is likely to result in higher league placings = more prize money or European qualification.

If it send their club's management a message we won't be pushed around then even better.

I'd actually take the roof off the south so away fans get soaked when it's wet and reduces any noise they make. Easter Road needs to be as intimidating to Celtic and Rangers as Ibrox or Parkhead is for away fans. Part of their sporting advantage has been the ability to turn away grounds into home fixtures because they have more fans there than the opposition and they make more noise. It used to happen at ER and I'm glad it doesn't any longer.

Great post, and echos what I think.

I get some people didn't think it was a good move and they are entitled to their opinion. My opinion however is the opposite, and I hope that the fewer away fans is the start of the policy, rather than a one off.

Each to their own however.

Lastly, I think the HSL arguement isnt relevant at all, due to to view of this as an investment. I'm more ****ed off when fans throw flares or break seats as that is just chucking money away

RMQ1967
18-12-2018, 03:00 PM

I'm all for it

I think it's completely the opposite - goals apart I thought the atmosphere was pretty flat considering the way we played and the result. A bit of poison from the stands helps the atmosphere. What a dull game it will be if we go down the OF route & restrict opposition fans to a token few - petty stuff from both of them. Rival fans taunting each other adds excitement - be pretty dull & sterile without that.

Juniper Greens
18-12-2018, 03:04 PM
I think it's completely the opposite - goals apart I thought the atmosphere was pretty flat considering the way we played and the result. A bit of poison from the stands helps the atmosphere. What a dull game it will be if we go down the OF route & restrict opposition fans to a token few - petty stuff from both of them. Rival fans taunting each other adds excitement - be pretty dull & sterile without that.

Agree the atmosphere from our end wasn't quite as good as usual. I think that was perhaps general nerves due to our recent poor form. I know I struggled to enjoy the game until the last five minutes or so

happiehibbie
18-12-2018, 03:05 PM
So, what if Leeann spoke to both Glasgow clubs in the summer and argued the case for a bigger allocation for us when we travel through to these grounds and she was told to bolt, does she just accept this or play the same game and tell them that there allocation will be cut when they travel to ER, these 2 clubs don't give a f*** for anyone else in Scotland so time to give it back and folk are complaining that we are standing up to these 2 horrible clubs.

I am not standing up for these clubs. I am standing up for the Economics.

Hibs cannot afford to lose out on huge amount of money .One poster is correct we are asking for donations from supporters when we lost out on approx 60k from a traveling support.

Leeann might be able to get a deal I don't know. We are treated like S##T but we have a choice go or not to go. Just like our supporters who shouted for tickets to such games did not turn up

Empty seats in all the stands on Sunday.

We cannot have our cake and eat it.

The celtic fans where very quiet did it help us I don't know you would have to ask the players. Did it cost us YES !

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2018, 03:10 PM
Still waiting for your answer........

:cool2:

Gave you one!

Does that clarify my thoughts or do you still think I’ve got an evil agenda against HSL?!!

By the way, I’m not asking anyone to agree with me or take me seriously. I’ve not even stated what I’m saying as fact.

Was just asking a question!

Keith_M
18-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Yeah I wasn’t going to bother as I don’t see the relevance but since you put a wee smiley on it I’ll say again that I don’t.

I’m not going to go into my reasons why as that will be seen as me encouraging others to follow suite.

Let me ask you this, if you do donate, have I ever said anything that’s made you think “damn he’s right, I’m going to stop”?

Assuming your answer is no, then what makes you think other Hibs fans would take the slightest bit of notice of my posts and think hey, he’s right, I’ll cancel my direct debit.

O think you need to put my views on HSL aside for a moment and focus on what I’m saying in this thread in isolation.

If you think that me asking about fan donations at the same time as fans are advocating cutting tickets for the away support tis being negative towards HSL then we’ll just have to disagree and move on.

Thanks, I appreciate your candid reply.

I'm not of the opinion that we should judge the benefits or drawbacks of restricting ticket sales on the result of one game. I've also said that I wasn't convinced that now was the best time to try this, though I do think it needs to be tried at some point. Sometimes the club has to take a gamble, in case the long term benefit outweighs the initial cost. Always considering the cost against HSL would mean the club never trying anything innovative.

FWIW, I don't donate to HSL but have given money to the club in the form of a (minor) shares purchase. My view is that the main reason I did it was that I agree that the Fans should have at least part ownership of the club, and the extra finances is an added benefit.

I can see your point about one balancing out the other, but I think it's up to those who do donate to decide if it's still worthwhile contributing. If they don't, then stop. If they do, then just donate.

Fife-Hibee
18-12-2018, 03:20 PM

Hibs cannot afford to lose out on huge amount of money .One poster is correct we are asking for donations from supporters when we lost out on approx 60k from a traveling support.

Leeann might be able to get a deal I don't know. We are treated like S##T but we have a choice go or not to go. Just like our supporters who shouted for tickets to such games did not turn up

The celtic fans where very quiet did it help us I don't know you would have to ask the players. Did it cost us YES !

If Hibs can't afford to do this, then why are they doing it? Clearly they can afford it and are happy to take the short term hit for the long term ambition of filling our stadium with our own fans. :aok:

Juniper Greens
18-12-2018, 03:21 PM
Someone set up a vote!

Wakeyhibee
18-12-2018, 03:31 PM

Understand your point but that then max's out Hibs home support potential. How many fans would be put off by only being to attend Cat B games. I am sure some of those in the South Will be back for other games.

How much we would lose out is open to debate. I think it's worth the hit to encourage more support.

It worked last season. If results continue it can work again.

Other option would be to fill in the corner between South and West and have the best of both. But that's another cost I don't want to see us take on.

Hermit Crab
18-12-2018, 03:39 PM
Understand your point but that then max's out Hibs home support potential. How many fans would be put off by only being to attend Cat B games. I am sure some of those in the South Will be back for other games.

How much we would lose out is open to debate. I think it's worth the hit to encourage more support.

It worked last season. If results continue it can work again.

Other option would be to fill in the corner between South and West and have the best of both. But that's another cost I don't want to see us take on.

Theres no point, you'd lose half the seats through segregation anyway. We don't need to fill corners in. We'd need several seasons on constant sell outs before that is even considered as an option and thats not just Cat A games, Cat B matches as well as thats just never going to happen.

BSEJVT
18-12-2018, 03:52 PM

If you just haven't contradicted yourself in your earlier reply to me with your above post then I don't know what I have just read?

By your own words you have confirmed everything I have accused you of.

I think I will leave it at that as I am sure we both have better things to do near Christmas

Peace & goodwill to you

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2018, 03:59 PM
Fair do’s and I also wish you all the best:)

we are hibs
18-12-2018, 03:59 PM

The atmosphere in the 5-5 against rangers when they only had half a stand was excellent.

Radium
18-12-2018, 04:01 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181218/986d54d2a82378ea850df02c98618f90.jpg

Just thought I would check. Attendance was over 18k with about 17k Hibs fans. The potential exists to add at least another 1k to our support. Whilst I see the logic behind maximising the cash taken from fans, that accepts that we limit the home support against teams who have fairly been contemptuous in their approach to us in recent years.

I like what the club are doing and have a DD for HSL. To me the potential to grow the home support is separate to achieving the 26% shareholding.

HibeeHibernian4
18-12-2018, 04:08 PM

I support Hibernian Football Club not Economics.

hibbysam
18-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Can someone please, please, put substance on this £60k figure? See if I say that hibs made £100k by not selling out the away end, and say it enough, can it become gospel?

Keith_M
18-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Can someone please, please, put substance on this £60k figure? See if I say that hibs made £100k by not selling out the away end, and say it enough, can it become gospel?

Let's just make it 1/4 million and have done with it.

hibbysam
18-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Let's just make it 1/4 million and have done with it.

One million pounds? What a whopping intake that was.

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Dunno about £60k but if you take half the stand at being roughly 1800 seats x £28 per ticket is ~£50k.

As it’s hibs.net we’ve gotta mention VAT though so take it down to roughly £40k!

JimBHibees
18-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Dunno about £60k but if you take half the stand at being roughly 1800 seats x £28 per ticket is ~£50k.

As it’s hibs.net we’ve gotta mention VAT though so take it down to roughly £40k!

Also wonder if there are more police and stewarding resources required with full stand as opposed to half stand.

hibbysam
18-12-2018, 05:21 PM

Concessions? Policing costs? Stewarding costs (less in top tier and none on those turnstiles)?

Add in the tickets hibs actually sold, the potential future value of those tickets sold (ie coming back to more games).

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2018, 05:26 PM
Don’t know.

There’s definitely more of a police presence when either of the old firm visit but I’ve no idea if Hibs have to foot the bill for the ones that are policing outside the stadium.

For example, there was talk of trouble on Regent Rd after the game. I’d hope that that is simply down to the police to take care of and that Hibs don’t have to pay any extra if more police resources were required.

I understand that the issue of whether to give them the full stand is not purely down to the economics of it.

Atmosphere and effects on each teams performance are valid points and should rightly be considered.

To not think about the financial implications though would be foolhardy.

Caversham Green
18-12-2018, 05:43 PM

I think the nearest you'll get to accurate would be to compare it with the last home game against Celtc. That was on April 21st and the crowd was 19,886, which is 1,744 more than Sunday's attendance. We'd be unlikely to get any more than the April figure and as Hibs get £25 of the £30 ticket price the absolute maximum "loss" was £43,600, assuming all of the extra tickets sold to the smellies would have been full price.

Other factors to consider would be the poor run we've been on up to December vs an exciting end to our season in April, December weather vs April weather and Christmas approaching. On that basis I think the £43,600 figure is a fair bit higher than the true "loss". I reckon about half the £60k is nearer the mark.

Not In The Know
18-12-2018, 05:48 PM
if we put managed to attract an extra 500-700 fans the difference would be nominal.

probably what will happen tomorrow night.

JimBHibees
18-12-2018, 05:50 PM
Don’t know.

There’s definitely more of a police presence when either of the old firm visit but I’ve no idea if Hibs have to foot the bill for the ones that are policing outside the stadium.

For example, there was talk of trouble on Regent Rd after the game. I’d hope that that is simply down to the police to take care of and that Hibs don’t have to pay any extra if more police resources were required.

I understand that the issue of whether to give them the full stand is not purely down to the economics of it.

Atmosphere and effects on each teams performance are valid points and should rightly be considered.

To not think about the financial implications though would be foolhardy.

Would assume Hibs would need to pay for police around or in the ground anything further out you would assume they would not however purely guessing with that.

Sir David Gray
18-12-2018, 06:17 PM
To hell with the pair of them.

I'm happy for Hearts to get the full south stand, as long as we continue to get the full Roseburn stand at Tynecastle but the Glasgow pair can ram it.

They each give us around 900 tickets in their massive stadiums, in Celtic's case a vast number of these tickets have a restricted view so they have a damn cheek complaining that we have halved their normal allocation this season.

Billy Whizz
18-12-2018, 06:28 PM

I'm happy for Hearts to get the full south stand, as long as we continue to get the full Roseburn stand at Tynecastle but the Glasgow pair can ram it.

They each give us around 900 tickets in their massive stadiums, in Celtic's case a vast number of these tickets have a restricted view so they have a damn cheek complaining that we have halved their normal allocation this season.

I’m happy to give the Old Firm 1,800 max, but we need to find a way of filling these seats. If we don’t, the loss is around £130K per season, if we don’t sell an extra single seat to Hibs fans
That’s a helluva lot of money to throw away

Crunchie
18-12-2018, 06:42 PM

I think you're spot on and this is where the vast majority of Hibs fans are. I thought it was great not having to listen to their bile for 90 minutes and them not having an influence on the match officials. As someone else alluded to, that incident when Edouard was booked for diving instead of a penalty was proof if any was needed, cutting them to half the stand is well worth it. Long may it continue.

davhibby
18-12-2018, 06:44 PM
I’m happy to give the Old Firm 1,800 max, but we need to find a way of filling these seats. If we don’t, the loss is around £130K per season, if we don’t sell an extra single seat to Hibs fans
That’s a helluva lot of money to throw away

But we sold some seats to hibs fans on Sunday and that was after 1 win in 2 months. It's looking like the bottom tier will pretty much sell out for tomorrow. We won't be losing anywhere near the type of money some are claiming and you've got to start somewhere. Better to have a few empty seats to let more hibs fans in than sell the stand to the OF and deny hibs fans, even a few hundred, the chance to go

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-12-2018, 06:45 PM
It is a shame that more of them were not there to see Celtc get beat though.

Crunchie
18-12-2018, 06:48 PM
But we sold some seats to hibs fans on Sunday and that was after 1 win in 2 months. It's looking like the bottom tier will pretty much sell out for tomorrow. We won't be losing anywhere near the type of money some are claiming and you've got to start somewhere. Better to have a few empty seats to let more hibs fans in than sell the stand to the OF and deny hibs fans, even a few hundred, the chance to go
:aok::top marks

Billy Whizz
18-12-2018, 06:51 PM

Think we’ve been a bit unlucky of the timing of these games, and also so close to each other. We’ll have Rangers at home before the split, early March, and Celtic after the split, so hopefully going forward we can sell more seats in the South for these 2 games

Onion
18-12-2018, 08:36 PM

Too early to conclude that. Yes, there was an immediate hit to normal, expected revenue but having won the game there WILL now be more paying customers at tomorrow's game = extra revenue. Same applies tomorrow night. Turn our season around and the exercise will have been well worth it.

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2018, 09:30 PM
There’s a similar thread to this on Kickback.

They’re saying that a their AGM today, or yesterday, Budge said that the ticket allocation for games was decided at the start of the season and that’s why they can’t cut the allocation for old firm fans.

I wonder if there’s any truth in this?

Hermit Crab
18-12-2018, 09:53 PM

They’re saying that a their AGM today, or yesterday, Budge said that the ticket allocation for games was decided at the start of the season and that’s why they can’t cut the allocation for old firm fans.

Celtic changed their mind about our allocation did they not?

Montford
18-12-2018, 10:07 PM
For 20 years we’ve given them the full end. For 20 years has the extra cash actually benefited us in any way??
For 20 years their support has arrogantly expected every other team in the division to bow down to theirs green or blue pound yet have given not one extra away seat above the absolute minimum in return, ever. Hibs never progressed as a club and spent years of being a subservient entity.
On Sunday we sold over 18000 tickets. The club would have made more than £500,000 from the game including TV fees. More (much more, £100,000’s more) money than any time we have given them the full stand..
Hibs won at a canter
Celtic fans are bleating, stomping they’re feet, screaming unfairness. They are now experiencing what non old firm fans felt for years.
Yet..... and this leaves me utterly bewildered, there are fans on this board complaining we didn’t give them a full stand. To me that is a perineal loser mentality. Hibs (the club)are leaving that behind these days. This is beautiful to watch. Rangers and Celtic fans demands being ignored.
Bravo Hibernian FC.

Juniper Greens
18-12-2018, 10:20 PM

Absolute rubbish. Last season we cut Sevco allocation for one game only. She is full of it

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2018, 10:23 PM
For 20 years we’ve given them the full end. For 20 years has the extra cash actually benefited us in any way??
For 20 years their support has arrogantly expected every other team in the division to bow down to theirs green or blue pound yet have given not one extra away seat above the absolute minimum in return, ever. Hibs never progressed as a club and spent years of being a subservient entity.
On Sunday we sold over 18000 tickets. The club would have made more than £500,000 from the game including TV fees. More (much more, £100,000’s more) money than any time we have given them the full stand..
Hibs won at a canter
Celtic fans are bleating, stomping they’re feet, screaming unfairness. They are now experiencing what non old firm fans felt for years.
Yet..... and this leaves me utterly bewildered, there are fans on this board complaining we didn’t give them a full stand. To me that is a perineal loser mentality. Hibs (the club)are leaving that behind these days. This is beautiful to watch. Rangers and Celtic fans demands being ignored.
Bravo Hibernian FC.I hate being a perineal loser. One slip and you're in the ****. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Brooster
18-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Hibs won at a canter
Bravo Hibernian FC.

Excellent post and my thoughts exactly. One point though. We don't get TV money for these televised games.

monktonharp
18-12-2018, 11:18 PM
Not true. There was just under 1200 at the game.this

monktonharp
18-12-2018, 11:29 PM
Don’t you think that lack of old firm fans will tempt fans next time to attend the games?may well do. certainly, lot's in the past have said...…..naw, not going there to listen or suffer abuse, or take the bairns when we face der hun. less of them there, better feelings from us. results, well that needs Hibs to perform better or at least the OF level consitantly. I was of the opinion that it was a sair hit, moneywise last week but coming round to the thoughts that any slight advantage should be used eg:- less OF fans, means less chance of dubious decisions given in their favour.

gogs_t
18-12-2018, 11:33 PM
Hibs won at a canter
Bravo Hibernian FC.

Not read all the posts on this thread but doubt there will be any better than this.

WhileTheChief..
19-12-2018, 08:31 AM
How did we make £100,000’s more by not giving them the full stand?

Do we now count ST revenues twice? Once at the start of the season then again when each game comes around?!

hibbysam
19-12-2018, 08:40 AM

Do we now count ST revenues twice? Once at the start of the season then again when each game comes around?!

The same way as we lost £60k per game. Ie we didn’t.

Montford
19-12-2018, 09:25 AM

Because Hibs as a club has progressed and the old firm regressed. 18,200 as opposed 11/12/13000 in past years. Turnover excluding transfer fees is massively up
You can easily calculate the value of each game by attendance
We could keep this upward cycle moving
Or we could give the old firm every advantage they demand, watch them steamroller Scottish football, and sure as fate, watch attendances decline. Sometimes you’ve got to be innovative to succeed

PPZPOL
19-12-2018, 09:33 AM
Hibs won at a canter
Bravo Hibernian FC.

Bravo Hibs and bravo to you for your post, summed up how I’m feeling exactly, but explained better than I could.

Excellent post.

SirDavidsNapper
19-12-2018, 09:46 AM
Hibs won at a canter
Bravo Hibernian FC.

You've just won the post of the year. Nail on head :top marks

Since90+2
19-12-2018, 09:49 AM
Hibs won at a canter
Bravo Hibernian FC.

Well said.

cabbageandribs1875
19-12-2018, 09:57 AM
my fag packet accounting reckons we would have made £138,000 cash from walk-ups on sunday, plus whatever for hospitality, reduction for stewarding/policing, win bonuses, lighting/heating, cost of £50 for erecting the wee TV hut, nowt for TV, Nowt for Catering, taxes etc etc....lucky if we made 100k shirly :(

we wouldn't even make 500k + hunners of thousands more for a capacity hampden Final win, or two

Antifa Hibs
19-12-2018, 10:10 AM
Did Aberdeen not sell out their allocation this season and last? Were was the outrage for them?

WhileTheChief..
19-12-2018, 10:33 AM
You've just won the post of the year. Nail on head :top marks

See, this is the problem.

Someone posts something full on inaccuracies but because it sounds great and tugs on the heart strings everyone goes Bravo!!

We simply did not make that much more cash on Sunday than usual and no way in hell did we make £500k from it.

We have approx 13000 st holders so the max tickets sold on Sunday was around 5000.

We cannot count the ST revenue twice.

SirDavidsNapper
19-12-2018, 10:51 AM

Someone posts something full on inaccuracies but because it sounds great and tugs on the heart strings everyone goes Bravo!!

We simply did not make that much more cash on Sunday than usual and no way in hell did we make £500k from it.

We have approx 13000 st holders so the max tickets sold on Sunday was around 5000.

But going back to the guys post. What have we actually gained in 20 odd years by giving Celtic and Rangers the whole stand? Not a lot. We got relegated during the time we gave them both the whole south stand and part of the main stand. We gave them both the full south stand under Butcher when we went down and the crowds were still considerably smaller than what we get against them now when they only get half a stand... We aren't desperate for half a stand worth of old firm fans money so lets keep their fans reduced and open the opportunity for extra Hibs fans to attend. It's the only way we'll grow as a club.

gillythehibby
19-12-2018, 11:31 AM

why don't we do it for Hertz also then?

SirDavidsNapper
19-12-2018, 11:35 AM

They reciprocate by giving us the full Roseburn stand. Gentleman's agreement.

Billy Whizz
19-12-2018, 11:35 AM
They reciprocate by giving us the full Roseburn stand. Gentleman's agreement.

And long may it continue

LancashireHibby
19-12-2018, 11:36 AM

Because if we did it with Hearts then we’d have a reduced allocation for Tynecastle, whereas our allocations for Parkhead and Ibrox couldn’t possibly get any smaller as it is.

HibeeHibernian4
19-12-2018, 11:50 AM

Two reasons.

1) Hearts give us a full Roseburn, whereas the Old Firm both give us under a thousand tickets, with Celtic's being primarily behind a big pole.

2) Hearts are, with the best will in the world, not good at football. Especially at Easter Road. Them having an extra 2000 fans to help them hasn't done anything in the last 5 trips to Easter Road, where they have lost all 5 (that's just for the benefit of any of them who might be looking in). Rangers and Celtic absolutely gain an advantage by playing in front of a full South Stand of their own support, however minimal it may be.

WhileTheChief..
19-12-2018, 12:08 PM
But going back to the guys post. What have we actually gained in 20 odd years by giving Celtic and Rangers the whole stand? Not a lot. We got relegated during the time we gave them both the whole south stand and part of the main stand. We gave them both the full south stand under Butcher when we went down and the crowds were still considerably smaller than what we get against them now when they only get half a stand... We aren't desperate for half a stand worth of old firm fans money so lets keep their fans reduced and open the opportunity for extra Hibs fans to attend. It's the only way we'll grow as a club.

Agree with all of that but let’s try and keep it real when discussing the figures.

Carheenlea
19-12-2018, 12:13 PM
And long may it continue

Because if we did it with Hearts then we’d have a reduced allocation for Tynecastle, whereas our allocations for Parkhead and Ibrox couldn’t possibly get any smaller as it is.

If ST’s at both clubs were to rise significantly then we could see a reduced away fan derby allocation at some point. The long time reciprocal arrangement works fine, is fair and adds to the occasion of the Edinburgh derby, and can’t really see it changing for now at least.

The Spaceman
19-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Whether we like it (highly unlikely!!) or not, the Celtic and Rangers fans create a hell of a noise with their various party songs. Sunday was the quietest I have ever heard an Old Firm support and that can only be to the benefit of our team. Well done Hibs.

Sioux
19-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Whether we like it (highly unlikely!!) or not, the Celtic and Rangers fans create a hell of a noise with their various party songs. Sunday was the quietest I have ever heard an Old Firm support and that can only be to the benefit of our team. Well done Hibs.

Having a big away support guarantees nothing. Just ask hertz about last Friday.

ColintonHibs
19-12-2018, 12:50 PM
Hibs won at a canter
Bravo Hibernian FC.

So many empty seats. More of a loser mindset not to cash in on the opportunity of actually getting the tickets sold

Keith_M
19-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Having a big away support guarantees nothing. Just ask hertz about last Friday.

Yeah, but 4,000 Cardigan wearing Rover drivers plus 50 EDL Supporters aren't actually all that noisy.

Montford
19-12-2018, 12:57 PM

I didn’t, you count it once. You divide season ticket sales by 19 and add on additional ticket sales and it is £500,000k or as near as. Basic business acumen when looking at individual game value so I’ll stand by my calculations

What I’ll also add is both Celtic and Rangers SLO’s are raging and raising this issue with their respective clubs. This means both Rangers and Celtic will bring this issue back to LD and RP.
RP is not known for bending down to either of these clubs so he now has a negotiating position. So either the status quo continues or big Rod asks for something in return from a position of strength

Springbank
19-12-2018, 12:58 PM
Hibs won at a canter
Bravo Hibernian FC.

Not too bothered by the financial figures in detail, but talking in terms of the principles - this is a great post. Hope you stick around to write 27 more, on this form!

Keith_M
19-12-2018, 01:06 PM
I confidently predict that, if we keep playing at a reasonable level and the fans think there's even the remotest chance of winning the games....

...we'll sell our whole south stand allocation the next time we play the uglies.

Then all the bickering will be over the 400 empty seats for segregation...

....plus nae chips, cold coffee, closed gates after the game, the state of Petrie's moustache........

The Green Goblin
19-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Hibs won at a canter
Bravo Hibernian FC.

Great post!

hibbyfraelibby
19-12-2018, 01:10 PM
Budge at "their" AGM claimed they had made agreement before season started to give the Uglies full Roseburn Stand as if a legally binding agreement was in place.

Now the last time I heard that arguement trotted out, by a team with serious cash flow demands was when Whyte signed the deal with Ticketus.

Have the done similar because they need to fund £4m on the Gorgie Library

PPZPOL
19-12-2018, 05:34 PM
Not too bothered by the financial figures in detail, but talking in terms of the principles - this is a great post. Hope you stick around to write 27 more, on this form!

Same as me, wasn’t bothered about the figures, more the point about what we have gained as a club selling them the full end the last 20 years. At least we’ve riled them and the media, which makes it enjoyable from my point of view.

Just Alf
19-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Some are looking at this a bit too "black and white"

OK, our half of the South wasn't sold out but it DID make the uglies quieter as a result and who's to say how many extra seats were sold in the other stands because there was going to be less Celtc about? Its unquantifiable :-( .... As is the extra revenue at any extra point scraped as a result.

Anyways... Clocks ticking for tonight GGTTH!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ED Hibee
19-12-2018, 10:14 PM
What’s the view after tonight? I definitely think with the momentum going their way a full stand of the mutants would have given Sevoc an added impetus in the 2nd half.

Very supportive of the club taking this approach and hope that the fans can respond by selling out south next time round.

Onion
19-12-2018, 10:16 PM
What’s the view after tonight? I definitely think with the momentum going their way a full stand of the mutants would have given Sevoc an added impetus in the 2nd half.

Very supportive of the club taking this approach and hope that the fans can respond by selling out south next time round.

+1

hibsdaft
19-12-2018, 10:17 PM
Agreed. It makes a huge difference.

Also think it gives us a good bargaining chip in the future if we want to get a bigger allocation going through there.

itslegaltender
19-12-2018, 10:18 PM
Absolutely agree. They were a whimper the night. Not interested in facilitator a Bigot bash for them with a full stand.

SirDavidsNapper
19-12-2018, 10:20 PM
18.5k is excellent with them only getting half the south. A full south of Huns would have helped them get the goal they deserved with the extra vocal backing. Again, well done Hibs.

Gatecrasher
19-12-2018, 10:22 PM

Much better tonight, it looked terrible on Sunday but the extra numbers made the effort. That needs to be consistent now.

Nakedmanoncrack
19-12-2018, 10:23 PM
I was sceptical because the timing meant we weren't going to sell out, but I'm happy that it was the right decision - for nothing else other than that I could get off the bus at London Rd at 7.30 and walk down Easter Road with my son, and make the return journey to the bus stop post- match without having to be subjected to the usual bile.

GreenCastle
19-12-2018, 10:46 PM

Not even a debate.

Keep or even lower their allocation.

Would much rather Hibs fans in the ground and less of them.

Saying that I didn’t think Hibs atmosphere was that great tonight - mainly due to the fact we didn’t play that well.

JimBHibees
20-12-2018, 07:33 AM

Agreed thought there was a good Hibs support in the South also

SirDavidsNapper
20-12-2018, 08:01 AM
There were more Hibs fans in the stadium than if we'd given the Huns the whole South stand. That's all that matters.

PatHead
20-12-2018, 08:41 AM
A full stand of sevconians might have encouraged the ref to award a penalty. Right decision to limit them for me.

Phil MaGlass
20-12-2018, 08:48 AM
Hibs won at a canter
Bravo Hibernian FC.

This in spades.
Also means we can get up Easter road quicker as there are less huns to move.

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2018, 09:16 AM
I must admit I was in the camp of giving the Uglies the whole of the South and taking the much needed dough for our January war chest.

The Huns were much more vociferous than their Celtic counterparts and made a fair din and tried their best to get their team over the line to hang onto their SPFL Premiership top spot.

I have no doubt that a full South Stand would have been worth a goal of a start to them

I was amazed that they managed to sell their full allocation to their minority of bigots but have no doubt they would find more idiots where they came from to fill up their end

Full marks to our board for once they got it spot on

My son said that there were reports on social media that there were Huns in our end anyone else hear anything?

Killiehibbie
20-12-2018, 09:25 AM
I must admit I was in the camp of giving the Uglies the whole of the South and taking the much needed dough for our January war chest.

The Huns were much more vociferous than their Celtic counterparts and made a fair din and tried their best to get their team over the line to hang onto their SPFL Premiership top spot.

I have no doubt that a full South Stand would have been worth a goal of a start to them

I was amazed that they managed to sell their full allocation to their minority of bigots but have no doubt they would find more idiots where they came from to fill up their end

My son said that there were reports on social media that there were Huns in our end anyone else hear anything?
Probably a few in our end, just like loads of other games in the past. I know one of us who might be in their end again next week.

ian cruise
20-12-2018, 09:36 AM
Probably a few in our end, just like loads of other games in the past. I know one of us who might be in their end again next week.

My dad and best mate are rangers fans, they've come with me to see plenty Hibs games before, not just ones against rangers. I've also been invited to take a ticket in the home end for Hibs vs rangers and Hibs vs Celtic (though never taken up the offer) so I don't necessarily have an issue with it. If it a group of away support who aren't with a Hibs supporting family member or friend then it's a slightly different issue. I don't think it's always a sinister as some make out, fans used to stand side by side on the terraces now we need whole sections blocked off to keep us apart.

InchHibby
20-12-2018, 09:41 AM
Great post!

I like it too

Carheenlea
20-12-2018, 09:50 AM
If I was making the decision at the start, I’d have given both Rangers and Celtic the full stands, but happily admit to being wrong, and luckily I’m not running the club.
Looking back after a win and a draw, a reduced away allocation that possibly didn’t have the same influence on their team a full end might have had, it was 100% the right decision. Well done Hibs 👏

SJNB Hibby
20-12-2018, 10:20 AM
Hibs won at a canter
Bravo Hibernian FC.

With us not selling the South Stand out for these 4 games, it looks like our attendance will be down this season over last, but any statos out there keeping a track of Hibs supporters, and are THOSE numbers up?

Not In The Know
20-12-2018, 10:31 AM
With us not selling the South Stand out for these 4 games, it looks like our attendance will be down this season over last, but any statos out there keeping a track of Hibs supporters, and are THOSE numbers up?

last night we probably lost out on about £18,000 splitting the stand.

well worth the money. A few more hibbies next time and it will be even less.

Toldo123
20-12-2018, 10:34 AM
If I was making the decision at the start, I’d have given both Rangers and Celtic the full stands, but happily admit to being wrong, and luckily I’m not running the club.
Looking back after a win and a draw, a reduced away allocation that possibly didn’t have the same influence on their team a full end might have had, it was 100% the right decision. Well done Hibs [emoji122]I feel the same. They were quiet last night even when pushing hard for the goal.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

JeMeSouviens
20-12-2018, 10:37 AM
last night we probably lost out on about £18,000 splitting the stand.

well worth the money. A few more hibbies next time and it will be even less.

:agree:

Plus every Hibby in the south is a potential repeat customer whereas the Huns are just a (thankfully) temporary infestation.

Sir David Gray
20-12-2018, 10:38 AM
There were still too many huns inside Easter Road last night for my liking.

A further reduction next time please, Hibs. Give them the same proportion of Easter Road that we get at Ibrox, i.e. 400 odd tickets.

**** them.

Johnny Clash
20-12-2018, 10:47 AM
I take it existing ST holders could switch their seats to the South if they wanted to?

Imagine if the singing section and regulars in section 43 all did this when OF came visiting?

Billy Whizz
20-12-2018, 10:50 AM
I take it existing ST holders could switch their seats to the South if they wanted to?

Imagine if the singing section and regulars in section 43 all did this when OF came visiting?
I thought of that last night, great idea

danhibees1875
20-12-2018, 10:52 AM
I was of the opinion that it wasn't a good financial decision at a time where we were driving a narrative of wanting extra contributions to help fund player signings, but having half the number of OF fans there was a delight. :agree: How much that helped us secure the 4 points I'm not convinced by either way, but it was certiainly a better overall experience. Play well and fill half the south with Hibs fans to minimise the losses to a negligible amount and it's the best of both worlds. :aok:

Carheenlea
20-12-2018, 11:28 AM

Good shout - hopefully still leave enough room to squeeze the CCS in as well..:offski:

Callyballybe
20-12-2018, 11:37 AM

I was a few minutes late to the game last night, and as I walked past the Four in Hand two rather dodgy looking individuals approached me asking, in a broad Glaswegian accent, if I had any spare tickets for the match. I asked them who they supported, to which they replied "Aww we're massive Hibbys mate, **** the Rangers like haha." Following this proclamation however they then proceeded to ask 'Which way is it to the stadium big man?'

Something tells me your son might be right!

jgl07
20-12-2018, 11:38 AM
There was something strange about the tickets for the South Stand last night.

I moved to Block 27, as my son was up in Edinburgh so we could then sit together. Just before the kickoff I looked on-line and found that barely two thirds of the Block had sold. The stand filled up gradually before the game and at the last minute a major group arrived. Suddenly there seemed far more people in the Block than there were seats. People were complaining that they couldn't get near their allocated seats and the stewards and police got involved.

Something clearly went wrong. Apart from a few gaps in the North Stand Lower (I couldn't see the South Upper), the ground looked rammed to me.

Johnny Clash
20-12-2018, 04:15 PM
Something clearly went wrong. Apart from a few gaps in the North Stand Lower (I couldn't see the South Upper), the ground looked rammed to me.

Large sections of the FF lower nearest the Easr empty. There was even a couple of blocks of about ten seats on each row vacant - which does seem weird.

Johnny Clash
20-12-2018, 05:37 PM

Large sections of the FF lower nearest the Easr empty. There was even a couple of blocks of about ten seats on each row vacant - which does seem weird.

A Hi-Bee
20-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Reduce it even further they should get no more than they both allocate us through at there own middens.

Hermit Crab
20-12-2018, 06:08 PM
We've reduced it as far as we can. Up to the Hibs fans to turn up in future games though.

Sir David Gray
20-12-2018, 06:13 PM
We've reduced it as far as we can. Up to the Hibs fans to turn up in future games though.

How have we? There's no minimum number of tickets that need to go to away fans for league games.

Last night's Rangers allocation is the equivalent of us getting around 4,000 tickets for Ibrox.

Hermit Crab
20-12-2018, 06:19 PM
How have we? There's no minimum number of tickets that need to go to away fans for league games.

Last night's Rangers allocation is the equivalent of us getting around 4,000 tickets for Ibrox.

Reducing it any further would be stupid given that failed to sell the bottom tier.

JimBHibees
20-12-2018, 06:20 PM

Good home support last night in South, last 2 games have been infinitely less detestable with less OF fans in the ground.