PDA

View Full Version : Keep the Old Firm Down to Half a Stand Each

Pages : 1 [2]

Sir David Gray
20-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Reducing it any further would be stupid given that failed to sell the bottom tier.

Your post suggested that we had reached a limit with the number of tickets we could give them. If we are successful, there's no reason why we can't get more home fans in through the door and reduce their numbers even more.

Obviously based on how many fans we had in the south stand last night and also on Sunday, it wouldn't make financial sense to reduce their numbers any more but we could easily improve on that in the future. We haven't been in great form over the last two months and it's at a busy time of year so circumstances were against us.

If we get up the table, we could easily cut their allocation even more when they return in March.

Green Man
20-12-2018, 07:03 PM
From a logistics point of view can the stand be split any way other than down the middle? That is, could we give away fans one section of the stand while maintaining segregation in the concourse?

stuart-farquhar
20-12-2018, 07:09 PM
I confess i haven't read a single post on this thread. However I'm convinced that the fewer numbers of them is a positive thing for Hibs. Any financial loss is more than compensated for with a reduced noise and buckie bottle inspired bigot festival ranting.

LancashireHibby
20-12-2018, 07:49 PM
I found it interesting that there seemed to be a sizeable group right at the side of the segregation who stood up for the whole game - potential for a Singing Section Mk II, but also a potential issue - with the increased costs it would bring - if they deliberately took up such a spot to antagonise the away fans.

Eyrie
20-12-2018, 08:11 PM
A full stand of sevconians might have encouraged the ref to award a penalty. Right decision to limit them for me.

Good point and would also apply to the Porteous challenge.

SirDavidsNapper
20-12-2018, 08:14 PM
They already get more than they should in my opinion. I'd like to see them get one section of the south stand

GreenCastle
20-12-2018, 08:41 PM
I found it interesting that there seemed to be a sizeable group right at the side of the segregation who stood up for the whole game - potential for a Singing Section Mk II, but also a potential issue - with the increased costs it would bring - if they deliberately took up such a spot to antagonise the away fans.

Yeah noticed this too.

I would love to see the section behind the goals in lower tier either Famous Five or South Stand.

I guess they wouldn't be able to do displays though in Famous Five unless it was for the Derby ?

I love the singing section but still don't think its been fully utilised and only solution would be South Stand for non Derby games then somewhere else??? for the Derby ?