PDA

View Full Version : maybe...just maybe

IDHibs
15-12-2018, 04:41 AM
we do the soapies, All my days i seen the xmas slump. Things need to change i.e. players getting their ***** up and playing for us.

Diclonius
15-12-2018, 07:53 AM
I don't have a very good feeling about tomorrow's game given our unreal number of injuries. We could certainly give them a game on our day though.

Steve20
15-12-2018, 08:07 AM
We won’t be winning tomorrow. We can’t defend and create or score very little too.

Team is all over the place and Celtic have started to hit form in the league.

hibbydog
15-12-2018, 09:05 AM
We won’t be winning tomorrow. We can’t defend and create or score very little too.

Have to reluctantly agree. I’d normally fancy us against anyone at Easter Road but we are in poor form and severely depleted.

I’m just hoping we don’t get hammered and I’d be delighted with a point.

Argylehibby
15-12-2018, 10:07 AM
It would be a good time for the undersoil heating to fail!

My_Wife_Camille
15-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Hearts just got pumped 5-0 off Livingston. It’s Christmas miracle time. Put your house on 3-0 Hibs or get out

The Spaceman
15-12-2018, 10:33 AM
We have enough quality to hurt any team on our day, but if Celtic show up in 5th or 6th gear we will be in trouble. They are capable of ragdolling any team in this league when they turn up.

Keith_M
15-12-2018, 10:41 AM
I'm not being defeatist here but I'd currently be happy just with a decent display from Hibs.

If we get beat, then it's no disgrace, but let's at least make a game of it.

I realise this is the same Celtc side that Hearts beat earlier in the season but they're now at a level where, if they play to their strengths, I don't think any other Scottish side has a chance of beating them. The best we can hope for is that they have a hangover from Thursday but that's not guaranteed.

we are hibs
15-12-2018, 11:32 AM
No one gave hearts a chance against them this time last year and they skudded them 4-0. A Motherwell side below us and a st.mirren side below us took a point from them this season
It will be difficult but let's not make out it's impossible and that they're Barca

Jack Hackett
15-12-2018, 11:36 AM
It's been a feature of the season so far that any team can beat any other team, with the form book taking a back seat. As before any game, I will be living in hope... and expectation :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
15-12-2018, 12:55 PM
More in hope than expectation for me tbh...had we a full team available I'd be more confident but we are massively depleted tomorrow...I'd snatch your hand off for a point right now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
15-12-2018, 01:11 PM
A battling performance is the best we can hope for with our recent form and injury woes sadly.

Prove me wrong Hibs....

erin go bragh
15-12-2018, 03:53 PM

Really ? We defended good against Hamilton,this keeping my a clean sheet . Keep another clean sheet tomorrow and we won’t lose 😜.
Mon the first to wear the green 🇺🇿

MWHIBBIES
15-12-2018, 04:02 PM
A battling performance is the best we can hope for with our recent form and injury woes sadly.

Prove me wrong Hibs....

Hibs shouldn't have to prove their own supporters wrong.

YanYansen
15-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Cannot see us getting anything tomorrow, our form is just so horrendous.

I'm more concerned about the gap that is already starting to appear which is beginning to cement us into the bottom 6. As I type, we're 5 points adrift off Saints and Livi. We simply need points badly, but this run of games doesn't look like it'll yield many. I'm fairly sure we'll still be bottom 6 by the break, the only question is by what distance.

Stand prepared to eat some very welcome humble pie, though!

DTS
15-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Cannot see us getting anything tomorrow, our form is just so horrendous.

I'm more concerned about the gap that is already starting to appear which is beginning to cement us into the bottom 6. As I type, we're 5 points adrift off Saints and Livi. We simply need points badly, but this run of games doesn't look like it'll yield many. I'm fairly sure we'll still be bottom 6 by the break, the only question is by what distance.

Stand prepared to eat some very welcome humble pie, though!

If we can get 5+ points in the next 3 games which is more than manageable we will be top 6 this point next week

superfurryhibby
15-12-2018, 05:21 PM
I’m always hopeful, but the fact Celtic are off the back of a European game makes me feel fairly confident we can get a point. It’s time for a big performance from these players!

PatHead
15-12-2018, 05:25 PM
3 home games this week. 9 points would transform our season. C'mon Hibs.

cabbageandribs1875
15-12-2018, 05:38 PM
is there any other team this season that has to face the old firm within 3 days of each other

Diclonius
15-12-2018, 05:42 PM
is there any other team this season that has to face the old firm within 3 days of each other

No, but we played Celtic then Rangers at home at the same time last season, 3 days apart. :greengrin

PatHead
15-12-2018, 05:43 PM

Not sure about that but doubt anyone else has 3 games in 10 days.

hfc rd
15-12-2018, 05:45 PM
I'm not being defeatist here but I'd currently be happy just with a decent display from Hibs.

If we get beat, then it's no disgrace, but let's at least make a game of it.

I realise this is the same Celtc side that Hearts beat earlier in the season but they're now at a level where, if they play to their strengths, I don't think any other Scottish side has a chance of beating them. The best we can hope for is that they have a hangover from Thursday but that's not guaranteed.

Exactly the same way I see it as well. I hope we give it a real good go and who knows what could happen but if Celtic turn up to what they are capable of then they will unfortunately win. No disgrace if they do but I just hope we give them a real good game.

cabbageandribs1875
15-12-2018, 05:55 PM
No, but we played Celtic then Rangers at home at the same time last season, 3 days apart. :greengrin

as per, my memory is a blank

Not sure about that but doubt anyone else has 3 games in 10 days.

oops, just realised.... :( why has this came about again ? :confused:

PatHead
15-12-2018, 06:00 PM
as per, my memory is a blank

oops, just realised.... :( why has this came about again ? :confused: League cup semi final.

cabbageandribs1875
15-12-2018, 06:01 PM
League cup semi final.

ah, righty

Hibeewilly
15-12-2018, 06:26 PM
I fancy a Hibs victory tomorrow...….I've a feeling the players will step up to the plate and produce a performance on the back of last weeks victory. Celtic looked a bit tired on Thursday...….if we keep it tight the first 25 minutes we'll be celebrating a win....2-1 Hibernian:thumbsup:

Hibees1973
15-12-2018, 07:04 PM
I reckon Hibs only have a 10% chance of a draw/win tomorrow.

Need all the usual cliches about Celtic not performing, etc. Conditions tomorrow could be a bit of a leveller but like most people on here I would settle for a positive performance (no more injuries) and then move on to the game on Wednesday against Rangers when the game will be a lot tighter.