PDA

View Full Version : Injury problems going into Sunday

we are hibs
13-12-2018, 07:07 AM
Mavrias out too now. So that's mavrias, Gray, hanlon, bartley and agyepong all out. Milligan is a doubt too. Boyle should be okay.

Looks like it will be a return to 3 at the back unless he plays Whittaker at right back. Like being caught between a rock and a hard place with either option tbh. Who plays right back for the development side?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/one-more-player-on-lengthy-hibs-injury-list-while-another-is-major-doubt-for-celtic-1-4843325

B.H.F.C
13-12-2018, 07:10 AM
Injuries have been horrific this year.

A lot of muscle injuries as well. I’m no sports scientist but it seems to me that something isn’t been done quite right.

Zazu62
13-12-2018, 07:10 AM
Think we would be better just leaving gray and Hanlon out until after the winter break and let them fully recover.

Diclonius
13-12-2018, 07:17 AM
Our injury problems this season have been unfathomable.

eastcoasthibby
13-12-2018, 07:45 AM
But we have significanty over the past 2-3 years built a top sports science team at Hibs which is part.of our biggest ever playing staff resource, so why are we getting as many non game related injuries and why are they apparently taking as much time to be resolved or players are relapsing ? Are we getting value for money from them ? Are they the right people ?
And this group goes ongside the recruitment team who it would be justifiable to question their value and performance since being expanded !!
Whatever what we are seeing on the pitch weekly doesnt feel like its all as it would be hoped for or.expected with what significant support staff we have on the books !!

Real Emerald
13-12-2018, 08:11 AM
But we have significanty over the past 2-3 years built a top sports science team at Hibs which is part.of our biggest ever playing staff resource, so why are we getting as many non game related injuries and why are they apparently taking as much time to be resolved or players are relapsing ? Are we getting value for money from them ? Are they the right people ?
And this group goes ongside the recruitment team who it would be justifiable to question their value and performance since being expanded !!
Whatever what we are seeing on the pitch weekly doesnt feel like its all as it would be hoped for or.expected with what significant support staff we have on the books !!

Also the loan signings we made are all injured and can’t seem to manage more than one appearance before being out injured again. It’s bizarre!

Wheat Hound
13-12-2018, 08:48 AM
Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Porteous
Nelom

Stevenson
Mallan
Slivka
Boyle

Shaw
Kamberi

007 Mickey Weir
13-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Porteous
Nelom

Stevenson
Mallan
Slivka
Boyle

Shaw
Kamberi

Stevenson at LB and Horgan in midfield. We got killed by them at Celtic Park when we played 3 at back. Much better when it’s 442

Ronniekirk
13-12-2018, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=eastcoasthibby;5628627]But we have significanty over the past 2-3 years built a top sports science team at Hibs which is part.of our biggest ever playing staff resource, so why are we getting as many non game related injuries and why are they apparently taking as much time to be resolved or players are relapsing ? Are we getting value for money from them ? Are they the right people ?
Whatever what we are seeing on the pitch weekly doesnt feel like its all as it would be hoped for or.expected with what significant support staff we have on the

Injuries at present are derailing our Season Not sure if issues you are raising are part of the problem but whatever it is we now need to satay clear of recruiting players with a history of injury or who are without a Club for months as we just can't afford more players on the Sidelines
But as I dreamt about John Park last night it's something on my mind as well I had. been replying to someone on Facebook who was suggesting something must be wrong and we are trying to bring players back too quickly or their original injury hasn't been treated right
But with two more on the sidelines it's unusual times no question about that

B.H.F.C
13-12-2018, 10:24 AM

Valid points raised raised in this post. Certainly on the injury front.

They don’t ever seem to be able to put a timescale on anything. David Gray has been out two and a bit months and they don’t really seem to have had a clue when he’ll be back. And Hanlon was brought back too soon. It’s all a bit odd.

we are hibs
13-12-2018, 10:25 AM

They don’t ever seem to be able to put a timescale on anything. David Gray has been out two and a bit months and it’s they don’t really seem to have had a clue when he’ll be back. And Hanlon was brought back too soon. It’s all a bit odd.

They're hoping to have Gray and Hanlon back for livi next week but I wouldn't be surprised if they were left out that and come back for the derby

Real Emerald
13-12-2018, 10:34 AM

They don’t ever seem to be able to put a timescale on anything. David Gray has been out two and a bit months and they don’t really seem to have had a clue when he’ll be back. And Hanlon was brought back too soon. It’s all a bit odd.

We have David Gray still out since 6 October but Naismith who had a ‘bad’ injury on 28 October is reportedly ready to be back this week. Our players seem to be out for much longer than others, or at least it feels that way.

MWHIBBIES
13-12-2018, 10:58 AM
Best teams in the world have injury problems. Don't think there is great reason to panic. Gray and Hanlon always have problems. Mavrias hasn't played in ages. If you look at each individual case there is nothing out of the ordinary. Just unfortunate that they've all happened at once.

Billy Whizz
13-12-2018, 11:10 AM
Nice to hear that Boyle is well and available for selection

superfurryhibby
13-12-2018, 11:12 AM
Best teams in the world have injury problems. Don't think there is great reason to panic. Gray and Hanlon always have problems. Mavrias hasn't played in ages. If you look at each individual case there is nothing out of the ordinary. Just unfortunate that they've all happened at once.

I agree, I don’t think our injury problems are different from any other club.

Players often have issues that are chronic and need managed carefully. That can involve low impact conditioning that allows them to keep playing where there is no procedure that can address the underlying issue.

I think we as fans would be surprised at the extent to which this is an issue amongst professionals.

Elephant Stone
13-12-2018, 11:17 AM
If Gray thinks for a second that it's too soon for him to come back then I really hope we're not playing him, don't wanna risk him being out long term. We need a consistently fit, first choice right back as badly as we need a new centre mid, IMO. Hopefully it's a fully fit David Gray.

hhibs
13-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Injuries have been horrific this year.

A lot of muscle injuries as well. I’m no sports scientist but it seems to me that something isn’t been done quite right.

This has seemed to be an on going problem ,as you say ,something not right in the sports health side,too many injuries lasting too long.

cabbageandribs1875
13-12-2018, 01:52 PM
due to our 483101 injured players maybe a wee cancelation wouldn't be the worst outcome, having said that the old firm usually have a hangover the game after playing in europe, Met weather office warning saying heavy snow and blizzards may develop across most of Scotland/Northern england between sat afternoon to sunday lunchtime

eastcoasthibby
13-12-2018, 02:32 PM
It's not just the Gray and Hanlon injuries, we have had Agyepong hardly fit since he arrived with us, Hyndman for 2 stints, Kamberi for a few weeks and when he was back he hasn't looked right ! McLaren took ages to get near fitness then got an injury and hasn't looked properly for when we have seen him ! Shaw was injured for 2 or 3 weeks ! Bartley is this not his second injury this season ? Milligan back from with Oz and picked up an injury early on in first game back, hasn't looked right since ! Marciano seemed to take ages to be ready again ! McGregor also has had a stint out ! Gorgeous missed at least 1 game as well through a knock ! Slivka also missed a game of 2 ! Mavrias and Nelom came in and have taken ages to get near fitness levels needed and if I recall both have had a couple injury setbacks during th am trying to get for .
I totally accept teams get injuries but ours just seem to be beyond the norm in numbers and return and I absolutely am not one for pushing players back early, but it just feels that something isn't right with this part of the business. Made worse by the fact that we were already a couple of players light in the squad ..

calumhibee1
13-12-2018, 02:38 PM
It's not just the Gray and Hanlon injuries, we have had Agyepong hardly fit since he arrived with us, Hyndman for 2 stints, Kamberi for a few weeks and when he was back he hasn't looked right ! McLaren took ages to get near fitness then got an injury and hasn't looked properly for when we have seen him ! Shaw was injured for 2 or 3 weeks ! Bartley is this not his second injury this season ? Milligan back from with Oz and picked up an injury early on in first game back, hasn't looked right since ! Marciano seemed to take ages to be ready again ! McGregor also has had a stint out ! Gorgeous missed at least 1 game as well through a knock ! Slivka also missed a game of 2 ! Mavrias and Nelom came in and have taken ages to get near fitness levels needed and if I recall both have had a couple injury setbacks during th am trying to get for .
I totally accept teams get injuries but ours just seem to be beyond the norm in numbers and return and I absolutely am not one for pushing players back early, but it just feels that something isn't right with this part of the business. Made worse by the fact that we were already a couple of players light in the squad ..

I cant work out if people are calling Porteous “Gorgeous” because of the song or if it’s auto correct. I’ve saw if a few times on here now :greengrin

The_Horde
13-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Probably got to go with 3 at the back now. No choice really.

Albanian Hibs
13-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Probably got to go with 3 at the back now. No choice really.

Hope not. Efe back to rb please

truehibernian
13-12-2018, 06:31 PM
This has seemed to be an on going problem ,as you say ,something not right in the sports health side,too many injuries lasting too long.

Or certain players spinning injuries out :cb Hibs have a very good backroom team, one of the best in the league.

B.H.F.C
13-12-2018, 06:39 PM
Or certain players spinning injuries out :cb Hibs have a very good backroom team, one of the best in the league.

Easy enough to say that but we’re not seeing the benefit of it this season unless we have just been incredibly unlucky.

It’s the same on the recruitment side. I doubt the majority of teams in the league have an operation like we do but, again, we haven’t seen the benefit of that this season either.

truehibernian
13-12-2018, 06:47 PM
Easy enough to say that but we’re not seeing the benefit of it this season unless we have just been incredibly unlucky.

It’s the same on the recruitment side. I doubt the majority of teams in the league have an operation like we do but, again, we haven’t seen the benefit of that this season either.

I don't think we've been anymore unlucky than our rivals on the injury front, every side has had them thus far - I do think 2 or 3 of our injured players spin them out and could easily play / have played.

SDG being out has been a huge loss as has Paul Hanlon. But these guys would play through pain barriers and when injured, they're injured - I wish some, the ones with 'minor strains' would grow a set :agree: loan players in particular :cb

Scotty Leither
13-12-2018, 06:49 PM
I don't think we've been anymore unlucky than our rivals on the injury front, every side has had them thus far - I do think 2 or 3 of our injured players spin them out and could easily play / have played.

SDG being out has been a huge loss as has Paul Hanlon. But these guys would play through pain barriers and when injured, they're injured - I wish some, the ones with 'minor strains' would grow a set :agree: loan players in particular :cb

I don't think the boy Nelom wants to be here to be honest.

Billy Whizz
13-12-2018, 06:50 PM
I don't think the boy Nelom wants to be here to be honest.

What gives you that impression. And he’s not injured anyway!

J-C
13-12-2018, 06:52 PM
Who was it that slagged off our training saying it was too extreme especially during the season, was it not an opposition coach, seem to remember something.

Scotty Leither
13-12-2018, 07:03 PM
What gives you that impression. And he’s not injured anyway!

What I heard from a good source...He apparently isn't happy he's not playing and his attitude and application isn't great either.

calumhibee1
14-12-2018, 06:20 AM
Who was it that slagged off our training saying it was too extreme especially during the season, was it not an opposition coach, seem to remember something.

Think it was some Dutch boy although I’m sure that was under Stubbs rather than Lennon.

DetroitHibs
14-12-2018, 06:53 AM
I think a lot of injuries are the results of wear and tear from these plastic pitches. I think more teams are seeing injuries and this is a factor. Might not happen in the game, but it's not good on the muscles and joints.

Ryan69
14-12-2018, 07:15 AM
I think a lot of injuries are the results of wear and tear from these plastic pitches. I think more teams are seeing injuries and this is a factor. Might not happen in the game, but it's not good on the muscles and joints.

Its like on Saturday....The pitch must of played some factor with all these injuries on the day.

allezsauzee
14-12-2018, 07:22 AM
Marciano

Ambrose RB
McGregor RCB
Porteous LCB
Stevenson LB

Whittaker DM
Horgan LM
Slivka CM
Boyle RM

Kamberi
MacLaren

Borderhibbie76
14-12-2018, 07:24 AM
Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Porteous
Nelom

Stevenson
Mallan
Slivka
Boyle

Shaw
KamberiHey nelom out that starting 11...he was honking at Hamilton last week...utterly dreadful

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
14-12-2018, 07:26 AM
What I heard from a good source...He apparently isn't happy he's not playing and his attitude and application isn't great either.If true he can go...was dreadful last week

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-12-2018, 10:41 AM
Its like on Saturday....The pitch must of played some factor with all these injuries on the day.

Have :rolleyes:

we are hibs
14-12-2018, 01:04 PM
Boyle a major doubt too now

scoopyboy
14-12-2018, 01:19 PM

Doesn't seem to affect Killie players!!!!!!

JDHibs
14-12-2018, 01:53 PM

Killie, Livi and Hamilton dont seem to suffer from injuries anymore than the rest of the clubs? They all train & play on the plastic surface.

They are professional athletes pushing their bodies hard several times a week, niggles and injuries happen in any sport. You cant account for it. What you can account for is bringing people back too early which causes more issues, i.e Gray now being out longer & Hanlon coming back and making mistakes.

where'stheslope
14-12-2018, 01:54 PM
I know we all laughed at the Yams injury problems, but it now seems to be a bad season for most teams in the Premiership this time?
Ours has shown our depth of squad is not as strong as we would all like, but could maybe be remedied in the winter break with some new faces.
The main problem I see, is that we are not yet in a good place in the league, only a few wins will rectify that, but with our injury list seeming to grow rather than getting smaller makes me think its going to be a hard corner to turn.
Players need to stand up and be counted, and really fight for the shirt at this time!!!

J-C
14-12-2018, 01:57 PM
Starting to see how paper thin this squad is quality wise, a few injuries etc and we're really struggling to put out a decent team, the youngsters aren't ready to face Celtic/ Rangers yet and anyone coming back from injury isn't up to speed fitness wise.

Keith_M
14-12-2018, 02:00 PM
I've got Man Flu