PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER ex player thread.....cummings

Bleeds green
13-12-2018, 07:06 AM
Being sent back to forest in January....will defo be available on a loan perhaps even permanent. We know he can score goals in Scottish football and given our issues upfront as of late could he be a solution?

Diclonius
13-12-2018, 07:17 AM
Yes, yes, yes. Get him over here.

Forza Fred
13-12-2018, 07:28 AM
If he comes back to Scotland on loan, I think it will be with our friends at Tynecastle.

Smartie
13-12-2018, 07:57 AM
If he comes back to Scotland on loan, I think it will be with our friends at Tynecastle.

Fortunately he is everything Levein doesn't like in a player, and I'd be surprised to see them shell out a significant sum for a Hibs hero 5th choice striker who their manager probably doesn't rate.

Antifa Hibs
13-12-2018, 08:07 AM
He can score goals in the lower levels of Scottish football.

For the huns a hatrick against a pish Falkirk rooted to the foot of the championship and a goal against County away who were rooted to the bottom of the SPL plus maybe one or two others.

His scoring record, video of him smashing up his own house plus the fact the next team he goes to will be his fourth club in just over 1 year means i'll pass.

makaveli1875
13-12-2018, 08:25 AM
No thanks

Barney McGrew
13-12-2018, 08:27 AM
Fortunately he is everything Levein doesn't like in a player, and I'd be surprised to see them shell out a significant sum for a Hibs hero 5th choice striker who their manager probably doesn't rate.

You can guarantee that view will change in an instant if he thinks we’re interested and he can somehow get one over on us.

Diclonius
13-12-2018, 08:39 AM
You can guarantee that view will change in an instant if he thinks we’re interested and he can somehow get one over on us.

Nail on head.

If we're in for him Hearts will go all out to get him.

My_Wife_Camille
13-12-2018, 08:45 AM
I’d have him back faster than you can say “hash broon”.

The laddie is a talent and a character and most importantly he knows where the goals are (especially the ones occupied by Hearts goalkeepers).

Granted hes not quite Leigh Griffiths or Derek Riordan but he’s a Hibernian legend who just loves scoring goals. He’s been a bit wayward since leaving but I’d love to see him back here doing what he does best.

Carheenlea
13-12-2018, 08:48 AM
He can score goals, but the problem Cummings had at Hibs, and subsequent other clubs for me is that nobody has been able to pair him successfully alongside any other strikers. Would that be any different with our current strikers at the club?

superfurryhibby
13-12-2018, 08:53 AM
Nail on head.

If we're in for him Hearts will go all out to get him.

Whilst wecompete in the same market as Hearts, I very much doubt that Levein will be able to sanction the signing of any player just to get one over on Hibs.

Maybe we should just pretend we are keen and watch them fritter away their budget on players we were never interested in to begin with, cunning plan:wink:.

Cummings has done ok at Paterborough, albeit he’s lost his regular starting place. I would have him back, but I very much doubt it will happen. I also seem to remember Lennon wasn’t that keen on him. Someone in the SPL will take him on loan though, a St Mirren or Motherwell who need goals.

The 90+2
13-12-2018, 08:55 AM
Make it happen. Not on loan for 6 months tho to have a great loan period and **** off somewhere else. I don’t think his ego would allow him to return permanently though. He will end up at Hearts.

Souter96Mac
13-12-2018, 09:02 AM
If we can get Scott Allan back, JC would score a ton of goals.

One Day
13-12-2018, 09:06 AM
Probably best not, but you never know

eastmainsmsh
13-12-2018, 09:07 AM
Cummings link up play is good plus goals would be good if we could get him

EH54
13-12-2018, 09:10 AM
No brainer, if he's available and we aren't interested I'll be seriously annoyed to say the least.

SirDavidsNapper
13-12-2018, 09:26 AM
Rose tinted specs springs to mind. It took a bollocking from Lennon to wake him up when he wasn't scoring against joiners and posties in the Championship. No better than what we have.

B.H.F.C
13-12-2018, 09:30 AM
Rose tinted specs springs to mind. It took a bollocking from Lennon to wake him up when he wasn't scoring against joiners and posties in the Championship. No better than what we have.

He’s different to what we have. Scores all different types of goal.

We could do worse. Good record against all the better sides we faced.

Peevemor
13-12-2018, 09:30 AM
The Cummings who left us for Forest would get into our current team. OK we were in the second tier when he was here but he still scored against Hearts, Rangers & Aberdeen.

Part of our recent slump is due in part, I think, to a lack of gallousness and I reckon the loss of guys like SJM, Cummings, Fontain, Bartley (who hardly got a game before his injury) and even Holt has changed the mentality of the "group". Regardless of their level of skill (although there's obviously a lower limit) different players are good to have around for different reasons.

Part of me would like to see him back for this alone although, like others, I don't know if he's the same player/character now compared to when he left.

Diclonius
13-12-2018, 09:37 AM
He can score goals in the lower levels of Scottish football.

These too. :wink:

https://i.imgur.com/ty2fvPw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YHVGkkT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ugS8JDN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tIktms5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lE06ATG.jpg

calumhibee1
13-12-2018, 09:40 AM
He’s different to what we have. Scores all different types of goal.

We could do worse. Good record against all the better sides we faced.

Agree. He’s dangerous from anywhere within 25 yards. We don’t really have a striker like that right now.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2018, 09:42 AM
My first instinct is no, i dont think he's good enough. He did score a lot of goals for us, and did score against a few Premiership teams, but i'm of the opinion he's just not good enough for the top league in Scotland.

Playing for Forrest then sevco and now Peterbourgh, he's not been good enough to force his way into any of those sides, and while he's scored a few for each club, his weaknesses which were there for all to see even at Hibs, have not been improved on.

If he came back, i'm sure he'd score the odd goal, but i'm not convinced he'd get in the side every week, but maybe he'd fill the job as our 3rd striker.

G15 Hibs
13-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Is there any club that has the kind of relationship with its former players as Hibs does? The number who have come back after leaving over the years (often leaving in acrimonious circumstances) or the clamour amongst the support when an ex-player becomes available seems different than it does elsewhere. Maybe I'm wrong and its the same everywhere else. But the "once a Hibbie" thing really does seem to matter to both fans and players.

For the topic, we really do lack a goalscorer eh?

Smartie
13-12-2018, 10:04 AM
Is there any club that has the kind of relationship with its former players as Hibs does? The number who have come back after leaving over the years (often leaving in acrimonious circumstances) or the clamour amongst the support when an ex-player becomes available seems different than it does elsewhere. Maybe I'm wrong and its the same everywhere else. But the "once a Hibbie" thing really does seem to matter to both fans and players.

For the topic, we really do lack a goalscorer eh?

Yep, and he does have that "can get a goal out of nothing" thing that might be very handy in the run of difficult games we have coming up.

Northernhibee
13-12-2018, 10:11 AM
I'll give him a piggyback all the way from Nottingham to Leith if that's what it takes. The lad scores goals.

JimboHibs
13-12-2018, 10:15 AM
I'll give him a piggyback all the way from Nottingham to Leith if that's what it takes. The lad scores goals.

100% mate, but he's still not good enough for us according to many on here.

Stuart93
13-12-2018, 10:22 AM
100% take him back, purely for the goals he scored v hearts

jdships
13-12-2018, 10:23 AM
No thanks

Agree :na na::rolleyes:

BlackSheep
13-12-2018, 11:30 AM
Yes we have been burnt with past player returning (Stokes....) but Cummings would be a real asset, and his time down south will have added to his game and maturity (ewven just a little).

He and Kamberi would be an unstoppable force.

stu in nottingham
13-12-2018, 11:34 AM
I really am not sure.

He seems to have lost his way at Peterborough of late. I think most of his goals there came early on then dried up a little before he lost his place. There is nothing at Forest for him I don't believe and Rangers don't appear to consider him good enough. I think the future for him is quite unpredictable.

green with envy
13-12-2018, 11:39 AM
I really am not sure.

He seems to have lost his way at Peterborough of late. I think most of his goals there came early on then dried up a little before he lost his place. There is nothing at Forest for him I don't believe and Rangers don't appear to consider him good enough. I think the future for him is quite unpredictable.

I agree with all of that and to add, I don't think Neil Lennon would want him back anyway.

JimboHibs
13-12-2018, 11:44 AM
I really am not sure.

Who cares if Rangers think he's not good enough.

SaulGoodman
13-12-2018, 11:45 AM

The rangers didn’t think Darren McGregor was good enough either

Smartie
13-12-2018, 11:56 AM
Neil Lennon went all-out to get him to stay for another season and got the goals that got us promoted.

Lennon DID drop him, but iirc he bounced back from that a better player.

Funnily enough I wasn't always 100% convinced by him, but I would take him back. I'd be surprised if he's not better for the experiences he's had after leaving us.

MrRobot
13-12-2018, 12:00 PM
No thanks. Lower level player IMO.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Take him back in a heartbeat, the boy scores goals.

BILLYHIBS
13-12-2018, 12:17 PM
Never before have I seen a former HIBS player so keen to sign for Der Hun!

Well apart from Messrs Paterson Thomson and Murray that is. 😁

What’s it like to be a Hun?............

Pretty Boy
13-12-2018, 12:17 PM
It's an area in which we are short so I'd take him.

I get the feeling he's the type that needs to be in the right environment and maybe he hasn't had that in a while. You can't really argue with his record at Hibs, yes many of his goals were at a lower level, but he banged them in against Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers.

I've no idea if there are any politics preventing a deal happening but from a football perspective it's a bit of a no brainer.

Smartie
13-12-2018, 12:38 PM
It's an area in which we are short so I'd take him.

I get the feeling he's the type that needs to be in the right environment and maybe he hasn't had that in a while. You can't really argue with his record at Hibs, yes many of his goals were at a lower level, but he banged them in against Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers.

I've no idea if there are any politics preventing a deal happening but from a football perspective it's a bit of a no brainer.

I think the main barrier to any move would be the fact that we think we're better than him and he thinks he's better than us.

Keyser Sauzee
13-12-2018, 12:51 PM
I’d probably take him back but I’m not dying for us to sign him, he may well form a good partnership with flo, who knows? How was his relationship with NL when he left?

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-12-2018, 12:54 PM

Any side hoping to sign him, if The Rangers rule themselves out?

Onceinawhile
13-12-2018, 12:58 PM
Think he would do well up front with Flo.

BILLYHIBS
13-12-2018, 12:59 PM
I think the main barrier to any move would be the fact that we think we're better than him and he thinks he's better than us.
Agree with this
126 appearances 24 of these as a sub 71 goals 9 of which penalties no too shabby a record
albeit most against inferior opposition
Jase has never been able to repeat his success at Easter Road and seemed hell bent on exacting his revenge on Hearts for dropping him after he picked up a serious injury as a youngster a situation that played right into our hands
He seemed to be in a hurry to try the big time down south but perhaps like SJM he should have stuck around for a season in the Scottish Premiership
Jase, Scott Allan and HIBS seem to be made for each other I wonder if the three will ever meet again?

Bob1875
13-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Not good enough for top 6 in Scotland. Can’t get in the team for a league 1 side in England. That’s how good he is.

Diclonius
13-12-2018, 01:23 PM
Not good enough for top 6 in Scotland. Can’t get in the team for a league 1 side in England. That’s how good he is.

And yet in three years in the second tier in Scotland he scored the following:
10 against Falkirk
8 against Rangers
5 against Hearts
2 against Dundee United
1 against Aberdeen
1 against St Johnstone

Scott Allan wasn't good enough for top six in Scotland and bottom of the Championship. Cummings performed at us, and in big games. Maybe him and Hibs are a good fit too?

stu in nottingham
13-12-2018, 01:24 PM

Not me personally but it just might - you never know - indicate he's not good enough for us either. :wink:

Col2
13-12-2018, 01:25 PM
Always amuses me when some fans are happy to say no thanks when we are talking about a proven goal scorer. We need goals and it’s the most difficult position to recruit for especially in Jan window = no brainer.

I bet some of the same people would have a different view if a championship player such as the Ayr Utd striker signed for us despite not doing it in top flight.

.Sean.
13-12-2018, 01:31 PM
I’d have him over Maclaren any day of the week

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Him and SA in January 👍

makaveli1875
13-12-2018, 02:23 PM

Id have him beside Maclaren .. on the bench

RoslinInstHibby
13-12-2018, 02:33 PM
would take him back 100%

calumhibee1
13-12-2018, 02:36 PM

Likewise. Has more to his game than Maclaren and can score a wider variety of goals.

BILLYHIBS
13-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Likewise. Has more to his game than Maclaren and can score a wider variety of goals.
Both played in the 5-5 game at Easter Road and I know which player I would have.
Some folk have short memories 😂

erin go bragh
13-12-2018, 02:46 PM
And yet in three years in the second tier in Scotland he scored the following:
10 against Falkirk
8 against Rangers
5 against Hearts
2 against Dundee United
1 against Aberdeen
1 against St Johnstone

Scott Allan wasn't good enough for top six in Scotland and bottom of the Championship. Cummings performed at us, and in big games. Maybe him and Hibs are a good fit too?
Great stats mate . The boys a bloody Legend . His header started our comeback and the rest is history.
I would love to see him back .

Smartie
13-12-2018, 03:00 PM
Both played in the 5-5 game at Easter Road and I know which player I would have.

I actually thought Cummings played quite well that day, and McLen did what he does best.

BILLYHIBS
13-12-2018, 03:05 PM
I actually thought Cummings played quite well that day, and McLen did what he does best.
Jase played out wide and seemed to have added more to his game to the detriment of his finishing skills as an out and out striker
The guys beside me were shocked when Jamie MAC got MOM they did not realise he had scored a hatrick 😁

calumhibee1
13-12-2018, 03:32 PM

I don’t think that individual game is up for date, Maclaren was definitely better that day.

I do however feel Cummings is more of a threat from distance and can also create something himself better than Maclaren can while still having a bit of a poachers instinct.

BILLYHIBS
13-12-2018, 04:15 PM
I don’t think that individual game is up for date, Maclaren was definitely better that day.

I do however feel Cummings is more of a threat from distance and can also create something himself better than Maclaren can while still having a bit of a poachers instinct.

Cummings can certainly score something out of nothing and his work outside the box and overall game seems to have improved since he has been away

As you know I am a big fan of Jamie MAC but something seems to be not right I do not know if he is carrying an injury or still not match fit but to date he has been a disappointment still a lot of football to be played though

He needs to shape up or ship out

I cannot defend Jamie Mac the only thing I can say in his defence is at his best he is a top six player and as others have said Jase is not a top six player.

This whole conversation is hypothetical in any case! :greengrin

THESHIP
13-12-2018, 04:34 PM
It’s a no from me. JC got goals but in my opinion he isn’t that great a footballer. I also think he would struggle to get goals without the likes of SJM, McGeough and Allan behind him and we could do without the billy big time baggage that he brings.

Smartie
13-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Cummings can certainly score something out of nothing and his work outside the box and overall game seems to have improved since he has been away

As you know I am a big fan of Jamie MAC but something seems to be not right I do not know if he is carrying an injury or still not match fit but to date he has been a disappointment still a lot of football to played though

He needs to shape up or ship out

I cannot defend Jamie Mac the only thing I can say in his defence is at his best he is a top six player and as others have said Jase is not a top six player.

This whole conversation is hypothetical in any case! :greengrin

I think the pair of them still have a bit to go to prove what level of player they are, it could go either way for either of them.

Jason of course will think he's a top 3 of the intergalactic champions league level player, an attitude that we've missed as much as his ability.

BILLYHIBS
13-12-2018, 04:43 PM
I think the pair of them still have a bit to go to prove what level of player they are, it could go either way for either of them.

Jason of course will think he's a top 3 of the intergalactic champions league level player, an attitude that we've missed as much as his ability.
Nothing wrong with a wee bit self confidence a good thing in a striker something we’ve been lacking recently

calumhibee1
13-12-2018, 05:12 PM

If people like Stanton and Shaw who we’ve brought through recently had Cummings arrogance they’d be better players for it IMO.

G B Young
13-12-2018, 07:14 PM
I think we over-rate the quality of our top flight to think he couldn't hack it. As others have pointed out Cummings enjoyed some of his best games for us against the bigger clubs. I'd be interested to see how he slotted in alongside Kamberi.

Can we honestly say he wouldn't improve our attacking threat?

13-12-2018, 07:17 PM
Yes we have been burnt with past player returning (Stokes....) but Cummings would be a real asset, and his time down south will have added to his game and maturity (ewven just a little).

He and Kamberi would be an unstoppable force.

Not sure they'd be unstoppable but definitely think they could compliment each other very well. Get him in for a trial and see how they get on.

Iggy Pope
13-12-2018, 07:17 PM
If people like Stanton and Shaw who we’ve brought through recently had Cummings arrogance they’d be better players for it IMO.

I reckon Shaws record in his first 20 games or so puts Jason Cummings record in his similar opening period to shade somewhat.

Billy Whizz
13-12-2018, 07:30 PM
I reckon Shaws record in his first 20 games or so puts Jason Cummings record in his similar opening period to shade somewhat.

That’s an interesting way to look at IP. I happen to rate both of them. JC came into a team that was on the way down and struggling, took him a bit of time to make an impact
Both are completely different types of striker, I think we could accommodate both at times

Iggy Pope
13-12-2018, 07:37 PM
That’s an interesting way to look at IP. I happen to rate both of them. JC came into a team that was on the way down and struggling, took him a bit of time to make an impact
Both are completely different types of striker, I think we could accommodate both at times

So do I but I'm responding to a direct comparison of their character relative to their ability to play......love wee Jason to bits as all of us do. Oli Shaw has done nothing wrong in his career and certainly doesn't need to add arrogance to it. Nor has he ever signed for the Huns.

hibs#1
13-12-2018, 08:14 PM
I'd take him back.Sometimes certain players just click at certain teams and "only" scoring goals isn't the worst trait for a striker.

Billy Whizz
13-12-2018, 08:16 PM
So do I but I'm responding to a direct comparison of their character relative to their ability to play......love wee Jason to bits as all of us do. Oli Shaw has done nothing wrong in his career and certainly doesn't need to add arrogance to it. Nor has he ever signed for the Huns.

There’s no bigger fan on here of Oli than me. You’d be surprised how tough mentally he is. Only 20 years of age, but probably has had a better grounding than JC, who lets be honest is a natural goal scorer

Think Shaw and Cummings share the same agent, Alan Houldsworth, he’s got strong links to Rangers, hence why JC probably ended up at Ibrox

hfc rd
13-12-2018, 08:19 PM
Would take him back in a flash if we had a chance of doing so.

silverhibee
13-12-2018, 09:10 PM
Would take him back in a flash if we had a chance of doing so.

I think we have a chance.

calumhibee1
13-12-2018, 09:13 PM

It wasn’t necessarily a go at Shaw. I just always think attacking players are more threatening when they have the kind of swagger JC has rather than being a bit more reserved like Shaw is.

Winston Ingram
13-12-2018, 09:20 PM
Him in MacLaren out 🤞

BILLYHIBS
13-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Jase played 20 scored 6
Shaw played 20 scored 4

hibby6270
13-12-2018, 11:09 PM
He can score goals, but the problem Cummings had at Hibs, and subsequent other clubs for me is that nobody has been able to pair him successfully alongside any other strikers. Would that be any different with our current strikers at the club?

The exception maybe being Grant Holt - to an extent?

Lemonade
13-12-2018, 11:26 PM
Absolutely yes please.

CMurdoch
13-12-2018, 11:45 PM
Cummings to Hibs for 6 months makes good sense for all parties.

Hibs need a scorer of goals who is match fit and not currently injured. J has played fairly regularly at Peterborough this season. Tick.
Jason needs to get back to top speed for a final go at Notts Forest next season or for a move. He knows our club and manager well. Family & friends in Edinburgh. Tick.
Notts Forest won't play him but will want him back up to full speed either for a final season playing for them or to leave in the summer with a recovery of £250k. Tick
Jason's agent will want him back in the limelight with his contract up at Notts Forest in 18 months and no chance of a renewal. Tick.

He has pretty much failed with Notts Forest and in the 3rd tier with Peterborough and his room smash up didn't help so probably needs to get back up to Scotland to try to rebuild his reputation as a scorer of goals.
The only other Scottish team within the big 5 teams up here that would be interested in him could be Aberdeen but for a 6 month loan he is probably better being near friends and family in Edinburgh and with Hibs.

Personally, I can't see Hibs being able to lay their hands on a better striking option in the January window.
The only issue is whether Lennon rates him and thinks it is worth bringing him back. Would he help the dressing room or be an unwelcome distraction etc.

Heisenberg
14-12-2018, 07:56 AM
I would have him back. Still think MacLaren deserves a proper run in the side this season though.

BILLYHIBS
14-12-2018, 08:05 AM
I would have him back. Still think MacLaren deserves a proper run in the side this season though.
Agree with this must be frustrating for the player and the fans I am sure there is more to come and would welcome Jase back with open arms

.Sean.
14-12-2018, 08:07 AM
I think we have a chance.
Have you heard something?

Onceinawhile
14-12-2018, 08:08 AM
Jase played 20 scored 6
Shaw played 20 scored 4

Is that right?

He was on 2 after 18 and then didn't score his 4th goal until the 5th game of the next season. Scoring 1 in the 4th and one in the 5th. So at best, he was on played 20 scored 4.

calumhibee1
14-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Is that right?

He was on 2 after 18 and then didn't score his 4th goal until the 5th game of the next season. Scoring 1 in the 4th and one in the 5th. So at best, he was on played 20 scored 4.

Surely he was played 23 scored 4 then rather than 4 in 20?

Either way, they had similar records by that stage. Could argue JC had a much tougher job in his first 18 games I suppose though being in the worst Hibs team in recent times and also only being 18 and new to full time football.

Onceinawhile
14-12-2018, 08:42 AM
Surely he was played 23 scored 4 then rather than 4 in 20?

Either way, they had similar records by that stage. Could argue JC had a much tougher job in his first 18 games I suppose though being in the worst Hibs team in recent times and also only being 18 and new to full time football.

I couldn't see if he had actually made it onto the pitch in the first three games of our 1st season in the championship. So giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying he didn't would give best case scenario 20 games.:agree:

calumhibee1
14-12-2018, 08:43 AM
I couldn't see if he had actually made it onto the pitch in the first three games of our 1st season in the championship. So giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying he didn't would give best case scenario 20 games.:agree:

Good point, I just presumed he did :aok:

bingo70
14-12-2018, 08:49 AM
I never really got Cummings as a player.

If truth be told i thought he was crap. If you look at his goal scoring record though it was incredible so he couldn't have been that bad. I then always assumed it must be because it was poor teams we were playing against in that division, that doesn't stand up to scrutiny either though as he scored against the better teams as well so again he couldn't have been that bad.

In summary, i don't know if he'd be a good signing or not, just a case of wait and see i suppose.

How does Cummings goal scoring ratio in the championship compare to Lawrence Shanklands? must be pretty similar and i'm guessing most of us would be delighted to sign him.

BILLYHIBS
14-12-2018, 08:55 AM
Is that right?

Source : fitbastats.com

Jase got off to a slow start not scoring until his 17th game when he scored what seemed an unassailable double away to Hamilton in the playoffs
Jason played 18 games that season though fitba stats have him eleven for the season (2013/14) ? He did not score again until the fourth game of the following season
Olly made his debut as a sub 2016/17 taking part in one game and then scoring four in his first nineteen games of the following season
God knows where fitbastats get Jase having played eleven in his first season (plus seven as a sub)
Well spotted sir!
Once again I apologise to IP
Sorry Father! 😁

Revised figures
Jase played 20 scored 2
Shaw played 20 scored 4

LIES, DAMNED LIES AND STATISTICS!

I have asked fitbastats to update their season totals

Gloucester Hibs
14-12-2018, 08:59 AM
I’d take him back, he had a sweet left peg. Scored some great goals v Sevco, a beauty v Aberdeen, plus has a great scoring record v Hearts. What’s not to like?

calumhibee1
14-12-2018, 09:03 AM

If truth be told i thought he was crap. If you look at his goal scoring record though it was incredible so he couldn't have been that bad. I then always assumed it must be because it was poor teams we were playing against in that division, that doesn't stand up to scrutiny either though as he scored against the better teams as well so again he couldn't have been that bad.

In summary, i don't know if he'd be a good signing or not, just a case of wait and see i suppose.

How does Cummings goal scoring ratio in the championship compare to Lawrence Shanklands? must be pretty similar and i'm guessing most of us would be delighted to sign him.

Cummings and Shankland have pretty similar goals to games ratios in Scotland with 21 of Shanklands 89 coming in League Two and League One.

Cummings left Hibs at 21 year old with 150 first team appearances and 71 goals. He also scored a lot more goals against “big teams” than Shankland has.

Only thing I will say is that their goal scoring ratios will not stay similar for long if Shankland keeps going the way he is.

IGRIGI
14-12-2018, 04:29 PM
As a petty man his desperation to play for Rangers along with his comments that the huns more often than not gave us a terrible time and had one over on us under Warburton means it's a big no from me.

Ryan69
14-12-2018, 04:35 PM
Cummings In...McLaren Out

heretoday
14-12-2018, 10:03 PM
I'd sooner have Stephen Dobbie!

GGTTH07
14-12-2018, 10:07 PM
Good chance it’ll happen.

H18 SFR
15-12-2018, 07:10 AM
Are Forest still due us any money?

superfurryhibby
15-12-2018, 08:22 AM

Are you Winston in disguise.......:wink:

I’m not averse to having Cummings back, but happy for McLaren to be here too.

BILLYHIBS
15-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Are you Winston in disguise.......:wink:

I’m not averse to having Cummings back, but happy for McLaren to be here too.
Agree with this Jamie MAC due us a run of goals

Allant1981
15-12-2018, 08:43 AM

Why? We are already short of strikers and you would bring 1 in and get rid of another?

B.H.F.C
15-12-2018, 08:50 AM

I kind pad get what you’re saying about how good/poor he is as a player. He was definitely frustrating.

But the quality of some of the goals he scored were superb, irrespective of who they were against. I think he’d give us something a bit different. I don’t think you’re going to see MacLaren or Shaw create something for themselves too often. I think he could, be it from distance or whatever.

Ryan69
15-12-2018, 09:06 AM
Why? We are already short of strikers and you would bring 1 in and get rid of another?

Cause were a man short when he plays.
When he isnt scoring goals...he aint doing much.
Nearly halfway through the season...a still not fit McLaren has 1 goal.

We will be paying a descent amount of his wage too.

I reckon Flo and Cummings could work a treat.

Allant1981
15-12-2018, 09:16 AM
Cause were a man short when he plays.
When he isnt scoring goals...he aint doing much.
Nearly halfway through the season...a still not fit McLaren has 1 goal.

We will be paying a descent amount of his wage too.

I reckon Flo and Cummings could work a treat.

Sorry thought you were describing Cummings for a minute there, he is not a good footballer and if he isnt scoring he isnt doing much either,if you think Cummings is the answer then fair enough but I think we would be daft to go for him

Smartie
15-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Folk also make out that it was easy to play against teams in the Championship.

Yes, the standard was lower, but every week we played against teams who had little interest in playing football and packed their defences, leaving little space.

Cummings was always at his worst in these games, the times we toiled against Dumbarton, Alloa, Morton etc.

He always had a good record against better teams, when he was more likely to get a wee bit of space.

I don't think he'd work with our current midfield (I don't think many would) but with a change in midfield I think he'd fit into our team nicely, and be a big success in the Premier League.

green with envy
15-12-2018, 10:36 AM
Folk also make out that it was easy to play against teams in the Championship.

Yes, the standard was lower, but every week we played against teams who had little interest in playing football and packed their defences, leaving little space.

Cummings was always at his worst in these games, the times we toiled against Dumbarton, Alloa, Morton etc.

He always had a good record against better teams, when he was more likely to get a wee bit of space.

I don't think he'd work with our current midfield (I don't think many would) but with a change in midfield I think he'd fit into our team nicely, and be a big success in the Premier League.

And yet he scored against all 3 teams that you've mentioned.

calumhibee1
15-12-2018, 10:46 AM
Sorry thought you were describing Cummings for a minute there, he is not a good footballer and if he isnt scoring he isnt doing much either,if you think Cummings is the answer then fair enough but I think we would be daft to go for him

Cummings could create something for himself and was a threat from anywhere within 25-30 yards while also being a bit of a ‘fox in the box’. Two things which Maclaren can’t really do (the goal at home to Hearts last season is the only example of him making something himself I can really think of). IMO Cummings link up play was also better.

Zazu62
15-12-2018, 10:51 AM
Bring back the Cumdog!

BILLYHIBS
15-12-2018, 10:52 AM
Cummings could create something for himself and was a threat from anywhere within 25-30 yards while also being a bit of a ‘fox in the box’. Two things which Maclaren can’t really do (the goal at home to Hearts last season is the only example of him making something himself I can really think of). IMO Cummings link up play was also better.
Hmmmm! MacLaren needs to come back and prove some folk wrong!
🤔

Iggy Pope
15-12-2018, 11:04 AM
Jase played 20 scored 6
Shaw played 20 scored 4

Cummings only got goal three after we had dropped, as you may know.
Shaw has got all his first team goals at the top level. (Some of those while still making appearances for the double winning Development side.
Don’t need the stat page to tell us that. Made a better start to his Hibs career than Jase I reckon, much as I love him.
Edit: Might it be the case that even after all this time Oli has more Scottish Premier League goals than Jason has?

Ryan69
15-12-2018, 11:20 AM
🤔

I wish he would!

We simply dont have room for passengers however.

BILLYHIBS
15-12-2018, 12:11 PM
I wish he would!

We simply dont have room for passengers however.

Agree ? Getting sick of defending him gonna have to do it on the park time to shape up or ship out

:thumbsup:

calumhibee1
15-12-2018, 12:20 PM
🤔

I really hope he does. If we could get Allan in January I think that would help him massively. There’s no doubting he can stick the ball in the net if he gets a chance but my doubts about him are when he isn’t getting the opportunities made for him. With the midfield we’ve got just now I don’t see him getting that many put on a plate and I also don’t see him creating many for himself either.

Smartie
15-12-2018, 12:25 PM
And yet he scored against all 3 teams that you've mentioned.

How many in how many games though?

I'm not using this as a criticism of Jason, more in fighting the criticism that he's only scored goals at a lower level and couldn't hack it in the Premier, when everything I've seen suggests he could.

BILLYHIBS
15-12-2018, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=Iggy Pope;5630338]Cummings only got goal three after we had dropped, as you may know.
Shaw has got all his first team goals at the top level. (Some of those while still making appearances for the double winning Development side.
Don’t need the stat page to tell us that. Made a better start to his Hibs career than Jase I reckon, much as I love him.
Edit: Might it be the case that even after all this time Oli has more Scottish Premier League goals than Jason has?[/QUOTE

Jase only two in premiership play offs

Olly eight in premiership one in LCSF and one in Europa Laegue

I thought they both got off to a slow start and I do not think there is a lot between them tbh

I am hoping Olly can kick on from here and be a big player for us.

Jase I would take him back but not too fussed if he comes or not his love for Der Hun is somewhat off puting as most true hibbies hate Der Hun with a vengeance

:dunno:

Keyser Sauzee
15-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Is the OP the infamous poster around the mcginn saga time??

calumhibee1
15-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Is the OP the infamous poster around the mcginn saga time??

Nope. Had wondered the same, very disappointed tbh.

Allant1981
15-12-2018, 01:02 PM
How many in how many games though?

I'm not using this as a criticism of Jason, more in fighting the criticism that he's only scored goals at a lower level and couldn't hack it in the Premier, when everything I've seen suggests he could.

Did he not only score 2 in something like 15 games for the rangers in the league? Dunno how many he started right enough

Smartie
15-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Did he not only score 2 in something like 15 games for the rangers in the league? Dunno how many he started right enough

I prefer to wipe his stint there from memory altogether.