PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: WEST, EAST AND FAMOUS FIVE STANDS SOLD OUT FOR CELTIC

RSS Bot
12-12-2018, 01:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9537)

flash
12-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Great stuff. The fans really have stepped up to the mark recently.

givescotlandfreedom
12-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Good effort. Hopefully a full 3.5 stands behind the Hibees.

wallpaperman
12-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Well, i'm happy to hold up my hands and admit I was sceptical that we would even sell the few hundred in the home stands that were left a few days ago.

Great effort, if we can shift a good few hundred over the next few days, things will look much better.

kaimendhibs
12-12-2018, 01:56 PM
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
12-12-2018, 01:58 PM
Well done.

Diclonius
12-12-2018, 02:01 PM
Aye but it was a disgrace to open the South to Hibs fans. We need Celtic at ER! What would we do without them?! :grr:

My_Wife_Camille
12-12-2018, 02:13 PM
Aye but it was a disgrace to open the South to Hibs fans. We need Celtic at ER! What would we do without them?! :grr:
Agree with this. Absolutely pathetic attitude from some of the so called Hibs supporters who seemed desperate to welcome as many Celtic fans as possible.

Well done Hibees, lets get the South sold now :flag:

Keith_M
12-12-2018, 02:22 PM
Oh ye of little faith

:wink:

scoopyboy
12-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Agree with this. Absolutely pathetic attitude from some of the so called Hibs supporters who seemed desperate to welcome as many Celtic fans as possible.

Nope, not my attitude at all.

I wanted to give Celtic the whole end to maximise revenue.

If two thousand seats are empty then that costs the club in the region of £60,000, same for Rangers then the total cost would be £120,000.

We all want Hibs to strengthen in January and that would be easy money to pick up.

I hope our fans now respond and buy tickets in the South to minimise financial hit.

Keith_M
12-12-2018, 02:38 PM
My attitude has always been that I was in favour of 'testing the water' as to whether we could sell 1,500 seats in the south, due to the upsurge in attendances the last few seasons... but that the performances/results of the last few weeks meant that maybe just now is not the best time for it.

I was never in any doubt that we would sell all the seats in the three home stands (unlike some), but still think it would be a shame to see over a thousand empty seats in the South that we can't sell.

However, I'll be over the moon if the faith of the board is repaid by a sell-out crowd.

I realise that's a bit nuanced for some, though, and that to them you're either a believer or a Celtc lover. That's their problem

HibbyAndy
12-12-2018, 02:43 PM

If two thousand seats are empty then that costs the club in the region of £60,000, same for Rangers then the total cost would be £120,000.

We all want Hibs to strengthen in January and that would be easy money to pick up.

I hope our fans now respond and buy tickets in the South to minimise financial hit.

What is the capacity for the away end ? Is it 4K ?

CMurdoch
12-12-2018, 02:54 PM

That's were i'm at.
Just before Christmas and with Hibs on a poor run is the ultimate test.
I hope we don't lose loads of money on this.
Will there be ticket selling pods open on the day of the match?

Keith_M
12-12-2018, 03:00 PM
OK, I've just done my bit as regards filling the South.

Two Season Ticket holders moving there for one game only as we're taking two kids to this game and got their seats beside us.

Row Q, so should be a good view of the pitch

scoopyboy
12-12-2018, 03:00 PM
That's were i'm at.

I cant see pods being open on the day, its a category A game so people will need to be on the database

scoopyboy
12-12-2018, 03:01 PM

Just short of that, 3880 rings a bell.

Keith_M
12-12-2018, 03:02 PM
I cant see pods being open on the day, its a category A game so people will need to be on the database

Ticket Office opens at 10, but I don't know if that's for collections only or if they're selling tickets as well.

CropleyWasGod
12-12-2018, 03:04 PM
That's were i'm at.

"As a Category A match ticket pods won’t be in operation, so supporters are encouraged to buy in advance to secure their seat."

CMurdoch
12-12-2018, 03:06 PM

So 4 days of ticket sales at 400 a day will be required to fill our half of the south up.
Tough ask.

CMurdoch
12-12-2018, 03:09 PM
"As a Category A match ticket pods won’t be in operation, so supporters are encouraged to buy in advance to secure their seat."

How could i miss that in a 6 line announcement?

....answers not required!

Big_Franck
12-12-2018, 03:15 PM

It won't be anywhere near a 60k loss per game. That presumes that a full 2,000 seats will be unsold in the south, which won't be the case. It also presumes that every Celtic fan would have paid full price for the ticket, which they wouldn't have and it also doesn't account for the 20% loss to VAT. We'll sell a few hundred in the south, it'll be closer to a 20k loss in my opinion and is well worth it.

Keith_M
12-12-2018, 03:17 PM
It won't be anywhere near a 60k loss per game. That presumes that a full 2,000 seats will be unsold in the south, which won't be the case. It also presumes that every Celtic fan would have paid full price for the ticket, which they wouldn't have and it also doesn't account for the 20% loss to VAT. We'll sell a few hundred in the south, it'll be closer to a 20k loss in my opinion and is well worth it.

We've already sold 63, so that's a start

HibbyAndy
12-12-2018, 03:17 PM

Yeah that would be my thinking how it will pan out

**** them i'm all for cutting both bigots allocation

B.H.F.C
12-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Hopefully we can sell at least the two sections in the lower.

If we can do that it’ll just about make it worthwhile IMO. It’s the nature of the game these days that even fans think about money first but it’ll be good to see a vastly reduced away support from both of them.

CMurdoch
12-12-2018, 03:24 PM

Elephant Stone
12-12-2018, 04:02 PM

You were among the first people to post a snide comment when the announcement made that the South would be open :faf:

Diclonius
12-12-2018, 04:14 PM
You were among the first people to post a snide comment when the announcement made that the South would be open :faf:

Huh? If you're referring to my post on the official announcement thread, that was genuine approval of it being opened. :confused:

Elephant Stone
12-12-2018, 04:18 PM
Huh? If you're referring to my post on the official announcement thread, that was genuine approval of it being opened. :confused:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?335962-Official-Site-SOUTH-STAND-TICKETS-AVAILABLE-FOR-CELTIC-AND-RANGERS-MATCHES

:hmmm:

we are hibs
12-12-2018, 04:46 PM

If we can do that it’ll just about make it worthwhile IMO. It’s the nature of the game these days that even fans think about money first but it’ll be good to see a vastly reduced away support from both of them.

If we even sold out 1 section. Those are hibs fans who otherwise wouldn't have been able to attend so it's well worth displacing a few thousand old firm fans and replacing them with a few hundred of our own

Diclonius
12-12-2018, 04:51 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?335962-Official-Site-SOUTH-STAND-TICKETS-AVAILABLE-FOR-CELTIC-AND-RANGERS-MATCHES

:hmmm:

Aye, that's the one I mean. That wasn't a sarcastic comment, it was genuine.

Brooster
12-12-2018, 04:54 PM

Spot on.

HibbyAndy
12-12-2018, 05:07 PM
It may inspire the players to go grab a point or 3 if they see so many hibs fans , And that point could be the difference in league placings at the end of the season resulting in an extra few grand which would compensate the potential loss cutting the old squirms allocation

Id give the barstewards as little as possible , But that's me

Nakedmanoncrack
12-12-2018, 06:11 PM
"Effectively" sold out, so not factually sold out.

green day
12-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Whats the script with releasing my ST for this match?

Keith_M
12-12-2018, 06:48 PM
"Effectively" sold out, so not factually sold out.

All seats have been sold but some occasionally re-appear, from Season Ticket holders that can't make it releasing their seats.

Last time I looked, there were 7 single seats in section 50, plus a couple in the Executive Seating. There'll be another two in the West quite soon, when mine appear (moved to the south for this game)

Elephant Stone
12-12-2018, 06:53 PM
Aye, that's the one I mean. That wasn't a sarcastic comment, it was genuine.

Apologies.

Col2
12-12-2018, 07:06 PM
Understand Celtic got 2400 and taking account of segregation then we have about 1200 to sell. I would expect us to sell another 3-400 so we will probably lose about £30k. Hibs are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. I would rather have faith in our supporters given the small margins.

we are hibs
12-12-2018, 07:31 PM
Understand Celtic got 2400 and taking account of segregation then we have about 1200 to sell. I would expect us to sell another 3-400 so we will probably lose about £30k. Hibs are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. I would rather have faith in our supporters given the small margins.

I'm pretty sure segregation means that the most they could get was around 1900.

hibby6270
12-12-2018, 08:33 PM
I realise there will be the odd one or two ST holders who won’t be able to make it on Sunday but I really DO hope there’s at least 99% full capacity in the West, FF and East.
Despite large crowd figures being recorded for most home league games this season, there always seems to me a large number of “empty seats”.
Suppose this is the first Cat A home league game this season, so we should reasonably expect a full home support. Let’s make sure there is!!

Ronniekirk
12-12-2018, 08:43 PM
We've already sold 63, so that's a start

And that will be Season Ticket holders like yourself relocating We must have sold more than that

scoopyboy
12-12-2018, 09:13 PM

I'll give you the £20,000 for the sake of argument although I think it will be more.

Hibs are trying to push HSL and getting the club to raise extra money, something I agree with.

However if the club are prepared to throw away £20,000 of guaranteed income then I'm wondering why I am actually bothering paying £18.75 a month or £225 a year. Basically it is the equivalent of nearly 100 punters paying the same as me over a year being written off on a Sunday afternoon.

Nobody seems to be objecting to Hearts getting the whole end but to me that is saying Hearts money is acceptable but Rangers and Celtic money is dirty and unacceptable. Same money to me.

scoopyboy
12-12-2018, 09:15 PM
I realise there will be the odd one or two ST holders who won’t be able to make it on Sunday but I really DO hope there’s at least 99% full capacity in the West, FF and East.
Despite large crowd figures being recorded for most home league games this season, there always seems to me a large number of “empty seats”.
Suppose this is the first Cat A home league game this season, so we should reasonably expect a full home support. Let’s make sure there is!!

Absolutely no chance.

iwasthere1972
12-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Due to health problems, I haven't attended any home games this season despite having a season ticket. How do I go about releasing my seat for this match? Cheers.

B.H.F.C
12-12-2018, 09:23 PM
Nobody seems to be objecting to Hearts getting the whole end but to me that is saying Hearts money is acceptable but Rangers and Celtic money is dirty and unacceptable. Same money to me.

I’m not sure that’s the case. I think people just recognise that we’ll retain the full end at Tynecastle if we give them likewise at our place. If we cut their allocation, we’re down to 1,600 there and nobody wants that.

I am surprised the club have cut allocations for those two though.

scoopyboy
12-12-2018, 09:41 PM
I’m not sure that’s the case. I think people just recognise that we’ll retain the full end at Tynecastle if we give them likewise at our place. If we cut their allocation, we’re down to 1,600 there and nobody wants that.

I am surprised the club have cut allocations for those two though.

If Hibs supporters get close to filling the additional seats I will be delighted but if as I suspect they don't then we are just throwing money away.

We want the club to spend money in January to strengthen the squad but for me we are going to lose virtually guaranteed income.

I get your point about full ends being reciprocated for derbies but for me there are two sides to that argument. We are basically saying 16000 tickets is fine for a Hearts game but we need more for games against Rangers and Celtic at Easter Road.

It's a fine balance between supporters sentiments to wanting less Old Firm fans in the ground as opposed to maximising money from the fixtures.

To be honest I can see both sides of the argument.

I think the pricing of the Scottish Cup tie is another decision Hibs haven't got right but again that is up for debate.

scoopyboy
13-12-2018, 06:02 AM
Awake early o'clock and couldn't get back to sleep which just sets my mind racing.

Spent a fair bit of time thinking about this and have came round to the conclusion that Hibs had to try it at some point, therefore not as concerned as I was yesterday / last night.

Hope it works, over and out.

Real Emerald
13-12-2018, 06:50 AM
Awake early o'clock and couldn't get back to sleep which just sets my mind racing.

Spent a fair bit of time thinking about this and have came round to the conclusion that Hibs had to try it at some point, therefore not as concerned as I was yesterday / last night.

I totally agree with your first point in that it’s utter madness to be throwing away guaranteed income when every penny counts when we go shopping for players.

However, I also agree with your second point because I can’t see them trying it again if the stand has hundreds and hundreds of empty seats. There will be huge gaps in the home stands for this one too due to absent ST holders. Hope we can get a big final push to avoid embarrassing empty sections in the South stand.

hfc rd
13-12-2018, 07:25 AM
Due to health problems, I haven't attended any home games this season despite having a season ticket. How do I go about releasing my seat for this match? Cheers.

Contact the ticket office

Real Emerald
13-12-2018, 07:31 AM
I'll give you the £20,000 for the sake of argument although I think it will be more.

Hibs are trying to push HSL and getting the club to raise extra money, something I agree with.

However if the club are prepared to throw away £20,000 of guaranteed income then I'm wondering why I am actually bothering paying £18.75 a month or £225 a year. Basically it is the equivalent of nearly 100 punters paying the same as me over a year being written off on a Sunday afternoon.

Let’s just say for arguments sake Hibs lose out on £50k in South stand ticket sales over the two old firm games. It would take 222 years of you donating £18.75 a month to get that lost revenue back. It’s utter madness.

hfc rd
13-12-2018, 07:34 AM

I believe that their is a gentlemen’s agreement with Hearts. We get the whole Roseburn stand as long as they get the whole South stand. Works for me, as last thing I want is both clubs going down the route that the OF have now taken by cutting each other’s away allocations.

Real Emerald
13-12-2018, 07:46 AM
I believe that their is a gentlemen’s agreement with Hearts. We get the whole Roseburn stand as long as they get the whole South stand. Works for me, as last thing I want is both clubs going down the route that the OF have now taken by cutting each other’s away allocations.

Difference is the old firm are filling the vacated seats, it would appear that we’re leaving them unsold and losing revenue. Despite the club putting sold out signs on the home stands, which I don’t think they were sold out, we have only sold around 40 tickets in the South. Unless there’s a gigantic late rush for tickets, it’s going to be a big financial loss of what was guaranteed income. If we can’t fill these seats with our fans we should be selling them to visiting fans until we can.

CB_NO3
13-12-2018, 08:18 AM

What has you buying shares in Hibs got to do with selling an empty seat to some Celtic fan?

If you are so worried about it maybe you should email the club to say you think we should give Celtic the FF lower as well because it lies empty every week.

Liberal Hibby
13-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Difference is the old firm are filling the vacated seats, it would appear that we’re leaving them unsold and losing revenue. Despite the club putting sold out signs on the home stands, which I don’t think they were sold out, we have only sold around 40 tickets in the South. Unless there’s a gigantic late rush for tickets, it’s going to be a big financial loss of what was guaranteed income. If we can’t fill these seats with our fans we should be selling them to visiting fans until we can.

What if the effect of cutting the OF allocation is that we make the atmosphere more intimidating for them and a win more likely? Say we get three or four extra points as a result? We finish a couple of places higher as a result? How much does the club make as a result?

I'm in favour of everything that gives us a bigger home advantage and makes it more likely we win at Easter Road - it's where the vast majority of Hibs fans see us play and gives us the vast majority of our income.

Real Emerald
13-12-2018, 08:39 AM
What if the effect of cutting the OF allocation is that we make the atmosphere more intimidating for them and a win more likely? Say we get three or four extra points as a result? We finish a couple of places higher as a result? How much does the club make as a result?

I'm in favour of everything that gives us a bigger home advantage and makes it more likely we win at Easter Road - it's where the vast majority of Hibs fans see us play and gives us the vast majority of our income.

I’m all in favour of cutting their allocation too but not to have hundreds of unsold seats and lost income. The atmosphere will make no difference, if we’re good enough we’ll beat them like we did last season in front of a full South stand. It won’t be the number of Celtic fans at the game that determines the outcome.

Carheenlea
13-12-2018, 09:04 AM

Slot me down as a so called fan, but certainly nothing to do with “welcoming” Celtic fans - I was dubious about our chances of selling enough seats for this game to make a split south Stand viable, and if it was down to me I’d have made the decision to give Celtic the full stand. The club are obviously more confident though and given they are not renowned for being frivolous with finances we should trust they have done their sums and believe we can shift the numbers required.

scoopyboy
13-12-2018, 09:47 AM
What has you buying shares in Hibs got to do with selling an empty seat to some Celtic fan?

If you are so worried about it maybe you should email the club to say you think we should give Celtic the FF lower as well because it lies empty every week.

The connection is both give money to Hibs, quite disappointed you couldn't work that out for yourself.

If the FF lower is sold out then there is no money to be had irrespective if the seats lie empty or not. In the south if a seat is unsold it loses the club money. Again disappointed you couldn't have worked that out for yourself.

So there are two questions answered in a pleasant manner.

Also if you took time to read further down the thread you would see that after lying awake during the night I changed my view (#46).

Have a nice day.

Ronniekirk
13-12-2018, 09:59 AM

Agree had to be tried at some point but fear circumstances mean timing is wrong Milligan and Harry now out Squad as well now

cleanyman
13-12-2018, 10:24 AM
The famous five will still be empty

Keith_M
13-12-2018, 10:48 AM

How many tickets do we get at Tynecastle, and how many at Ibrox and Celtc Park.

Not the same thing at all.

EDIT: I realise you changed your mind later, but I still think it's worth pointing this out.

Keith_M
13-12-2018, 10:57 AM
The famous five will still be empty

As usual, the FF Lower will have loads of empty seats but sadly there's nothing the club can do, unless people make the effort to release them for re-sale.

That section of the ground is normally 'sold-out', or as good as, but I've never seen it even reach about two thirds full (and often a lot less than that). If our current era of decent crowds continue, maybe the club will have to think about what they're going to do about this in the long term.

Personally, I'd bump up the price of kids tickets to something a bit nearer the price in other parts of the stadium, but I realise that's more than a bit controversial.

Blaster
13-12-2018, 10:58 AM

EDIT: I realise you changed your mind later, but I still think it's worth pointing this out.

The difference is Celtic and Rangers manage to sell the other seats to their own fans. We are very unlikely to do so therefore there will be a financial hit.

Some people think that’s ok and that is fair enough. Others like me would like the additional revenue to help get better players in

scoopyboy
13-12-2018, 10:58 AM

Not really keen on debating this subject much further but out of courtesy I will reply since asked directly.

It matters not one jot financially how many tickets we get for the three grounds you mention, we get money from home ticket sales only.

If we can sell out the whole south stand it is good income for the club, against Hearts we will and maximise income, against Rangers and Celtic we wont therefore losing out on income we could do with.

That is the financial argument and to be honest there is no real comeback to that.

However, forgetting finances and reacting purely as a fan who goes to home and away matches.

1. I love the idea of reduced Old Firm supports in our ground, I don't like them.

2. The size of the away allocation is important as I stand a better chance of a ticket at Tynecastle compared to the Glasgow grounds.

For me it is a head v heart argument, the head says take the money from them rather than have seats lie empty but the heart says f*** them.

I would also point you to #46 where you will see that after a period of thought my ideas moved a bit.

SirDavidsNapper
13-12-2018, 11:01 AM
The less Celtic fans there on Sunday the better. They already have a massive advantage on the park without giving them the whole south stand. We should be making it as difficult for them as possible and i applaud the club for reducing their allocation whether we fill half the south stand or half of it is empty. We should really be giving them around 400 tickets if we compare it to what we get at their place and i'd be all for it.

Keith_M
13-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Not really keen on debating this subject much further but out of courtesy I will reply since asked directly.

It matters not one jot financially how many tickets we get for the three grounds you mention, we get money from home ticket sales only.

If we can sell out the whole south stand it is good income for the club, against Hearts we will and maximise income, against Rangers and Celtic we wont therefore losing out on income we could do with.

That is the financial argument and to be honest there is no real comeback to that.

However, forgetting finances and reacting purely as a fan who goes to home and away matches.

1. I love the idea of reduced Old Firm supports in our ground, I don't like them.

2. The size of the away allocation is important as I stand a better chance of a ticket at Tynecastle compared to the Glasgow grounds.

For me it is a head v heart argument, the head says take the money from them rather than have seats lie empty but the heart says f*** them.

I would also point you to #46 where you will see that after a period of thought my ideas moved a bit.

Hi SB, I honestly wasn't making a dig at you, but trying to have a reasonable discussion. That doesn't always come over well on social media, though.

:aok:

Oh and I saw your later post.

FWIW, I'm actually in favour of selling half the south to home fans but have also mentioned that I felt maybe this wsn't the best time to do it, so we are actually 'on the same page', so to speak.

InchHibby
13-12-2018, 11:05 AM
The less Celtic fans there on Sunday the better. They already have a massive advantage on the park without giving them the whole south stand. We should be making it as difficult for them as possible and i applaud the club for reducing their allocation whether we fill half the south stand or half of it is empty. We should really be giving them around 400 tickets if we compare it to what we get at their place and i'd be all for it.
Totally agree with this, sometimes it’s not all down to money, even if we only sell 7 or 800, it’s still more Hibbies that’ll see the game.

scoopyboy
13-12-2018, 11:20 AM
Hi SB, I honestly wasn't making a dig at you, but trying to have a reasonable discussion. That doesn't always come over well on social media, though.

:aok:

Oh and I saw your later post.

FWIW, I'm actually in favour of selling half the south to home fans but have also mentioned that I felt maybe this wsn't the best time to do it, so we are actually 'on the same page', so to speak.

Fine response,K. Not really looking for arguments but some people seem hell bent on it and can't see the other persons viewpoint and aren't even prepared to consider it.

It's a difficult one for Hibs and I'm now in no mans land with regards to the answer.

I'm the same with helping to run the East Lothian Hibs bus, I don't like the idea of missing out on the chance to make money but sometimes we run buses to away games knowing there is going to be a hit. You have to try and strike a balance and it's not possible to please everybody.

Enjoyed our exchanges.

hibbyfraelibby
13-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Whats the script with releasing my ST for this match?

You can but because the south hasn't sold out yet not much point

hibbyfraelibby
13-12-2018, 04:47 PM

No they didn't. c1900 only due to segregation.

hibbyfraelibby
13-12-2018, 04:51 PM
From next season we should just sell half the South Stand, with exception of derby, to season ticket holders and allow those who buy them first dibs on unsold tickets in the home end for a week before they go on genetal sale.

JXM73
13-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Not sold out according to facepoke....

https://www.facebook.com/549820158450383/posts/1920540584711660/

CLASS OF 72 -73
13-12-2018, 05:10 PM
So 4 days of ticket sales at 400 a day will be required to fill our half of the south up.
Tough ask.

Its great news all round but problem will be the ST no show's and the South which I can't see it selling out.
If we do considering our recent form and being on Sky shows a great statement and backing from the fans. GGTTH

Hermit Crab
13-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Sold out my erse, theres seats available in the FF and West.

Keith_M
13-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Sold out my erse, theres seats available in the FF and West.

Apart form the executive seats, how many are still available for sale?

There were 7 yesterday, and there's 14 now. That kind of backs up people's statements that it's not unsold seats, but seats that have been re-released by Season Ticket holders.

Ronniekirk
13-12-2018, 06:28 PM

There were 7 yesterday, and there's 14 now. That kind of backs up people's statements that it's not unsold seats, but seats that have been re-released by Season Ticket holders.

And it doesn't tell us how many have actually been sold in the South Presumably the Club can look at sales and know how many are Season Ticket Holders moving Seats and if thier Season Ticket Seat is resold

Carheenlea
13-12-2018, 06:30 PM

70 according to Hibs twitter as of an hour ago. With only a couple of days sales left I fear we might be left with egg on our faces.

http://i65.tinypic.com/28h2a86.jpg

B.H.F.C
13-12-2018, 06:34 PM
70 according to Hibs twitter as of an hour ago. With only a couple of days sales left I fear we might be left with egg on our faces.

Yep, we’ll be lucky to have a couple of hundred in the south I think.

Jamesconnolly
13-12-2018, 06:37 PM
To be absolutely honest I think it’s fantastic the board have only given them half the stand. For far too long Scottish football has kowtowed to the weege teams. In my opinion they are both as bad as each other . We don’t need their money. I would rather see some empty seats than them filled with that manky mob. I am astonished some on here want their money but hey ho everyone is entitled to an opinion.:flag::flag::flag:

Keith_M
13-12-2018, 06:39 PM

The 70 includes the higher priced Executive Seats. As I said, there were only 14 standard seats available last time I looked, which was actually an increase on yesterday.

My previous post was a response to someone that said we actually hadn't sold out the three home stands after all... which was quite clearly just negativity of a standard I've come to expect.

Jamesconnolly
13-12-2018, 06:48 PM
To be absolutely honest I think it’s fantastic the board have only given them half the stand. For far too long Scottish football has kowtowed to the weege teams. In my opinion they are both as bad as each other . We don’t need their money. I would rather see some empty seats than them filled with that manky mob. I am astonished some on here want their money but hey ho everyone is entitled to an opinion.:flag::flag::flag:

13-12-2018, 07:05 PM

Does no pods mean no walk ups on the day or can you still buy them from the ticket office? If not then presumably you can still buy them online on the day and print at home?

CmoantheHibs
13-12-2018, 07:05 PM

Some are even entitled to their opinion twice.

Sir David Gray
13-12-2018, 07:11 PM
Does no pods mean no walk ups on the day or can you still buy them from the ticket office? If not then presumably you can still buy them online on the day and print at home?

I would expect both options to be available on Sunday.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-12-2018, 08:28 PM
The 70 includes the higher priced Executive Seats. As I said, there were only 14 standard seats available last time I looked, which was actually an increase on yesterday.

My previous post was a response to someone that said we actually hadn't sold out the three home stands after all... which was quite clearly just negativity of a standard I've come to expect.

If it was my comment, not negativity just honesty - its close to sell out, but obviously NOT a sell out.
I admire the ambition the club have shown here, but it does appear to have backfired on this occasion.

Keith_M
13-12-2018, 08:54 PM
If it was my comment, not negativity just honesty - its close to sell out, but obviously NOT a sell out.
I admire the ambition the club have shown here, but it does appear to have backfired on this occasion.

No, it wasn't you.

I think being down to 7 tickets in the home end is practically a sell out, though.

Ronniekirk
13-12-2018, 10:53 PM
No, it wasn't you.

I think being down to 7 tickets in the home end is practically a sell out, though.

It's the Sales in the South that count ,as we know there will be the usual 10 or 15 % empty Season Ticket Holder Seats in the other Three Stands
i will be in my Usual Seat in the East
It's not clear if the Club are doing this as a tester to see how it works, If so the Timing is wrong for reasons already quoted in this thread .
However I wouldn't want them to say we have tried it and we lost money so we won't do it again .
If we were still in top four, there would have been a far better response But hopefully pay day tomorrow for some sees a spike in Sales

CMurdoch
14-12-2018, 12:24 AM
It's the Sales in the South that count ,as we know there will be the usual 10 or 15 % empty Season Ticket Holder Seats in the other Three Stands
i will be in my Usual Seat in the East
It's not clear if the Club are doing this as a tester to see how it works, If so the Timing is wrong for reasons already quoted in this thread .
However I wouldn't want them to say we have tried it and we lost money so we won't do it again .
If we were still in top four, there would have been a far better response But hopefully pay day tomorrow for some sees a spike in Sales

Ronnie, I am a cynic and there is a part of me that thinks the board have teed up a perfect storm for this initiative to fail so they can say we tried it and it failed.
This way they only lose money for the 2 upcoming games before normal service is resumed with sell outs to the cheeks for the foreseeable future.

The perfect storm is cold weather a week before Christmas, Hibs poor form and a live televised match taking place on a Sunday at 12:30 hours. That's 6 reasons which is 3 too many to have tried it.
Alternatively they could have waited until say September next season when at worst we would have 3 detrimental factors: a poor kickoff time and day for a live televised match.

As ever, time will tell.

Jones28
14-12-2018, 04:31 AM
OK, I've just done my bit as regards filling the South.

Two Season Ticket holders moving there for one game only as we're taking two kids to this game and got their seats beside us.

Row Q, so should be a good view of the pitch

Remember to release your seats!!

hibbysam
14-12-2018, 04:33 AM
Why would people be ‘embarrassed’ if we don’t sell the south out? I see the argument about list revenue and that’s fine, a good debate to be had, but embarrassed? If it makes Celtic fans angry that we cut their allocation and didn’t sell it all then even more reason to do so again and again.

SirDavidsNapper
14-12-2018, 05:46 AM
Why would people be ‘embarrassed’ if we don’t sell the south out? I see the argument about list revenue and that’s fine, a good debate to be had, but embarrassed? If it makes Celtic fans angry that we cut their allocation and didn’t sell it all then even more reason to do so again and again.

Exactly. Celtic regularly have loads of empty seats but continue to give us a tiny allocation

kaimendhibs
14-12-2018, 06:12 AM
Why would people be ‘embarrassed’ if we don’t sell the south out? I see the argument about list revenue and that’s fine, a good debate to be had, but embarrassed? If it makes Celtic fans angry that we cut their allocation and didn’t sell it all then even more reason to do so again and again.I'd be behind the couch for days [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

green day
14-12-2018, 12:42 PM

How do i do this?

Billy Whizz
14-12-2018, 12:54 PM
How do i do this?

Log on, click on your name top right, then go to the Ticketing option and then manage tickets
Click on the game, then ticket actions

Keith_M
14-12-2018, 01:57 PM

I did, they've already been re-sold :-)

Big_Franck
14-12-2018, 02:29 PM
I'm surprised at how little we've sold in the south so far, bit disappointing.

Anyone looking for last minute tickets remember that you can choose to get the tickets emailed to you, and then scan the ticket pdf on your phone at the turnstile. Just remember to turn the screen brightness right up so that the scanner can make out the barcode easily.

Keith_M
14-12-2018, 02:39 PM
I'm surprised at how little we've sold in the south so far, bit disappointing.

Anyone looking for last minute tickets remember that you can choose to get the tickets emailed to you, and then scan the ticket pdf on your phone at the turnstile. Just remember to turn the screen brightness right up so that the scanner can make out the barcode easily.

Yeah, I still think they chose the wrong game to try this (bad run of form, on TV, etc), but I'm surprised we haven't at least sold out section 26 so far.

Hopefully we get a decent display and half decent result and sell a bit more for the Der Hun game

16-12-2018, 12:58 AM
Would love to see the day we can sell out Easter Road every week ourselves but the reality is were not there and it's about time some people at the Club realised this.
For me wrong decision to give Celtic and Rangers only circa 50% of the south stand. This is lost revenue from guaranteed sales that could help get players in the January window.
Club needs to generate cash to further improve the squad.

I'd hoped from the League Cup Semi v Celtic the other year and the 1,000's of empty seats that will have resulted in lost revenue for Hibs that lessons would heave been learned. Bit obviously not!

Does it not make sense to give Celtic/Rangers the full south stand (take maximum cash) and then encourage Hibs fans who are not attending these matches to recycle their tickets back through the Club for other Hibs Fans to purchase, creating even more revenue if the ticket sells. Once home sections sell out properly encourage people to do this through some sort of incentive. Maybe have a credit they could use against their next season ticket if their ticket sells - if the ticket doesn't sell then no credit. Even if it's only a token discount maybe £2 on kids and £5 on Adults Club, but Season Ticket Holder would at least get something back if their seat resells. If other Clubs can do this then why not us?

Instead tomorrow and again v Rangers midweek, I expect we'll be looking at empty seats in the South Stand but also empty seats in East, West and North Stands where Season Ticket Holders can't attend and are not being properly encouraged to make their tickets available for other supporters.

Poor business decision for me.

Tornadoes70
16-12-2018, 01:10 AM
Whatever the actual tickets sold it was a decent attempt from the board to try to maximise home sales.

It was a valiant attempt and if results had gone our way recently then it may have prospered.

Good on the board for trying.

Attendances are still very positive and long may they continue upwards.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Bristolhibby
16-12-2018, 07:35 AM
It will be worth it when we take 3 points today!

J

green day
16-12-2018, 08:28 AM
Log on, click on your name top right, then go to the Ticketing option and then manage tickets
Click on the game, then ticket actions
Didn't work, offered option to sell ticket on ticket exchange (no idea what that is) but, regardless, it didn't work.

Billy Whizz
16-12-2018, 08:34 AM
Didn't work, offered option to sell ticket on ticket exchange (no idea what that is) but, regardless, it didn't work.

Ok, maybe we just offer it for sold out games

we are hibs
16-12-2018, 08:41 AM
Ok, maybe we just offer it for sold out games

It will be available for the derby i would imagine. (If they ever go on sale)

IGRIGI
16-12-2018, 08:42 AM
Good idea, unfortunately the wrong time to do it.

If it had been during our run last season after January we would have sold it out no problem, given the run we are currently on it's been a good effort to sell out the other 3 stands.

we are hibs
16-12-2018, 09:10 AM
If we win today we will probably sell out the south against rangers.