PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths (NHC)

Heisenberg
12-12-2018, 02:16 PM
Looks like he’s really struggling with some sort of ongoing personal problems. Brendan Rodgers has confirmed he’s not going to be playing for an indefinite period of time.

Hope he gets help with whatever he’s facing and can get back to football soon.

calumhibee1
12-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Looks like he’s really struggling with some sort of ongoing personal problems. Brendan Rodgers has confirmed he’s not going to be playing for an indefinite period of time.

Hope he gets help with whatever he’s facing and can get back to football soon.

Hopefully sorts himself out soon. Best player in the league when he’s firing on all cylinders imo.

matty_f
12-12-2018, 02:57 PM
Folks, I'm sure that we all wish Leigh the very best in getting over his issues, in the meantime I don't think this is the place to speculate on what those issues are.

Pretty Boy
12-12-2018, 03:26 PM
Good luck to him.

Whatever the rumoured issues if Celtic and the player have chosen not to disclose the reasons for his absence at this time then that should be respected.

It's good to see Celtic dealing with the situation well, from an outside perspective, and the player feeling enabled to speak up about his issues.

IWasThere2016
12-12-2018, 03:41 PM
Folks, I'm sure that we all wish Leigh the very best in getting over his issues, in the meantime I don't think this is the place to speculate on what those issues are.

I wouldn't have to speculate. Sure others know also.

Good luck to him

Carheenlea
12-12-2018, 03:51 PM
Still look on him as one of us despite playing for Celtic - can only wish him well and hope he can overcome whatever difficulties he has at present.

where'stheslope
12-12-2018, 04:02 PM
Hope he can overcome the issues, as every team needs a player like him who can be unorthodox and make something out of nothing.
Keep your chin up Leigh, were all rooting for you!!!!

Keith_M
12-12-2018, 04:03 PM
Whatever your problem is, Leigh, I wish you well.

Though I still think it'd help if you moved back to ER....

TheMentalHibees
12-12-2018, 04:12 PM
I’m glad our society has got to the stage where, in a very public profession, a person can come out and say they’re struggling in this way without fear of being judged. He’s doing absolutely the right thing and hope he’s back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baader
12-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Good luck to him. Would be over the moon to see him back in proper green one day.

surreyhibbie
12-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Good luck with whatever it is Leigh.

One of the best .

Lago
12-12-2018, 04:24 PM
Good to see Celtic giving all the support necessary to come back better for his time out. Good luck to you Leigh.

Ronniekirk
12-12-2018, 04:31 PM
Rodgers on Radio making it clear they are supporting him through a difficult period which has impacted on his Mental Heath Good to see the Club taking him out the limelight to be able to deal with this in private

SirDavidsNapper
12-12-2018, 05:03 PM
Hopefully Celtic give him the help he needs whatever it's for.

Hannah_hfc
12-12-2018, 05:10 PM
I see that rag The Record state what it is in their headline followed by “speculating” in the article itself. Surely not allowed?

Wish Leigh all the best and hope he can overcome his demons.

Elephant Stone
12-12-2018, 05:14 PM
I see that rag The Record state what it is in their headline followed by “speculating” in the article itself. Surely not allowed?

Wish Leigh all the best and hope he can overcome his demons.

Tabloid reporters are gutter dwelling vermin.

gogsy23
12-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Tbe hardest part is admitting the problem. Well done sparks. Wish you all the best

Sir David Gray
12-12-2018, 05:48 PM
I wish the guy all the best and I hope he gets all the help and support that he requires to overcome whatever his problems are.

Mental health issues can affect anyone regardless of age, status, wealth or fame.

All the best Leigh and I hope you are back doing what you do best as soon as possible.

superfurryhibby
12-12-2018, 06:16 PM

I find that advice a bit odd in light of the threads on here about Lennon, which contained a considerable amount of speculation about his mental health, body language etc, etc. There is a thread titled Lennon is a fraud on the PM board, which I still don’t find ironic or amusing in anyway.

As for Leigh, I wish him well and hope he solves whatever it is that ails him.

Lago
12-12-2018, 06:41 PM
I find that advice a bit odd in light of the threads on here about Lennon, which contained a considerable amount of speculation about his mental health, body language etc, etc. There is a thread titled Lennon is a fraud on the PM board, which I still don’t find ironic or amusing in anyway.

Glad I'm not on the PM board if the Lennon is a fraud is true, that is shocking.

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Glad I'm not on the PM board if the Lennon is a fraud is true, that is shocking.

It’s an opinion, not that I necessarily agree with it. Can people with opinions not post threads that is in your opinion shocking or not?

Good luck Sparky. Get back to what you do best, scoring goals, every confidence he will do based on his past setbacks. **** the hearts.

Joe6-2
12-12-2018, 07:03 PM
All the best Leigh

esjorto
12-12-2018, 07:04 PM
Hopefully Celtic give him the help he needs whatever it's for.

Wish you all the best. Get well soon.

MacGruber
12-12-2018, 07:19 PM
Wish you all the best. Get well soon.

All the very best Leigh. Football neither here nor there, young guy in his prime. Speedy recovery.

matty_f
12-12-2018, 07:22 PM

Thanks for the feedback, the Lennon/mental health thread ended up provoking some good discussion and there were concerns raised about the speculation, which I think were acknowledged and then the thread moved on.

Bear in mind that moderating the forums isn't an exact science, we make the calls as we see them.

My_Wife_Camille
12-12-2018, 07:32 PM
Hope he’s back banging in the goals soon

Hi Heid Yin
12-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Tabloid reporters are gutter dwelling vermin.

The tabloids merely give their readers what they want.

Simple supply and demand.

Your adjectives can equally be directed at the great swathe of tabloid readers who salivate over gutter news.

hibbytam
12-12-2018, 08:53 PM
Good luck sparky. You gave us some good times, and I so wish you had been in a better hibs team. Always a hibby and always welcomed home.

Lago
12-12-2018, 08:56 PM
It’s an opinion, not that I necessarily agree with it. Can people with opinions not post threads that is in your opinion shocking or not?

Good luck Sparky. Get back to what you do best, scoring goals, every confidence he will do based on his past setbacks. **** the hearts.

An opinion ? Ok if you say so. My comment was more than an opinion I can assure you.

CraigHibee
12-12-2018, 09:22 PM
wishing Leigh all the very best

heid the baw
12-12-2018, 09:23 PM
Why is the thread labelled NHC, it's Leigh and he's one of our own.
Guardian quoting it as a gambling problem. Hope he gets the help he needs to beat this.

Elephant Stone
12-12-2018, 09:35 PM
Why is the thread labelled NHC, it's Leigh and he's one of our own.
Guardian quoting it as a gambling problem. Hope he gets the help he needs to beat this.

Ewan Murray quoting it as a gambling problem* his source presumably being The Daily Record. He has a face you would never tire of skelping and a personality to match.

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2018, 10:46 PM
Yes, it seems it's a gambling issue, which has become a big problem in the game. Young men with lots of money and lots of time on their hands can be a dangerous recipe. There have been stories down south of players losing tens of thousands in a single day. Some won't have sympathy for millionaires throwing their money away, but, like any addiction, when it becomes all-consuming, it ruins lives. I hope he manages to get control of his problem.

hibsbollah
12-12-2018, 10:52 PM
Ewan Murray quoting it as a gambling problem* his source presumably being The Daily Record. He has a face you would never tire of skelping and a personality to match.

He is indeed a prize prick. Revels in telling the guardian readership down south that there is no life as we know it beyond the old firm, at every possible opportunity. He has no business talking about the alleged cause of an Ill person's illness.

Stuart93
12-12-2018, 10:56 PM
There’s more to it than just gambling problems though. It’s not as clear cut as the media is making it out to be

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2018, 10:59 PM
There’s more to it than just gambling problems though. It’s not as clear cut as the media is making it out to be

Gies a clue, Lionel Blair :wink:

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 11:01 PM
An opinion ? Ok if you say so. My comment was more than an opinion I can assure you.

In your opinion, I can assure you the same. 👍

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 11:02 PM

No need.

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 11:03 PM

Ewan Murray is the ****iest jambo tosspot known to man.

Stuart93
12-12-2018, 11:08 PM
No need.

No need? For what? For letting people know there’s more to it than just gambling alone so that conclusions aren’t drawn from stories being ran by the media?

HibeeMackenzie
12-12-2018, 11:11 PM
Mental health is ignorantly overlooked.
Hope Leigh gets the help he needs and is able to fight through this.

Leigh Leigh super Leigh

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 11:46 PM
No need? For what? For letting people know there’s more to it than just gambling alone so that conclusions aren’t drawn from stories being ran by the media?

For a start it wouldn’t be your place to “let people know” yes, there’s problems and yes there could be more but considering it’s only been the last couple of days it’s come to a conclusion that this is the way forward perhaps stfu? If you like Leigh as a hibby a footballer or even just the guy that scored two amazing goals against England then why say there’s more? If there is PM me and I’ll confirm if they are fairy stories or not.

Stuart93
12-12-2018, 11:54 PM
For a start it wouldn’t be your place to “let people know” yes, there’s problems and yes there could be more but considering it’s only been the last couple of days it’s come to a conclusion that this is the way forward perhaps stfu? If you like Leigh as a hibby a footballer or even just the guy that scored two amazing goals against England then why say there’s more? If there is PM me and I’ll confirm if they are fairy stories or not.

Na you’re alright

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 11:54 PM
Na you’re alright

Sound 👍

The 90+2
13-12-2018, 12:10 AM
Oh aye sorry but one last thought:

Who has had children with partners who then split? Who then gets kids used against you when the love of your child means more than anything? Just because LG is a footballer with a good fortune behind him doesn’t mean he wouldn’t like any other parent give it up as a human for his children. The amount of **** that can mess with your mind trying to keep one person or the next happy also. Gambling, it’s known as a release at times and he’s had the balls to admit that also (as now in press ****my by the record) he’s taken massive massive guts in the public eye to take a step back knowing there will be ********s slagging him, making up other stuff (even in our own support unbelievably) and that takes massive massive guts.

Good Luck Sparky. Every single Hibee is behind you.

Stuart93
13-12-2018, 12:11 AM
Oh aye sorry but one last thought:

Who has had children with partners who then split? Who then gets kids used against you when the love of your child means more than anything? Just because LG is a footballer with a good fortune behind him doesn’t mean he wouldn’t like any other parent give it up as a human for his children. The amount of **** that can mess with your mind trying to keep one person or the next happy also. Gambling, it’s known as a release at times and he’s had the balls to admit that also (as now in press ****my by the record) he’s taken massive massive guts in the public eye to take a step back knowing there will be ********s slagging him, making up other stuff (even in our own support unbelievably) and that takes massive massive guts.

Good Luck Sparky. Every single Hibee is behind you.

No need.

The 90+2
13-12-2018, 12:16 AM
No need.

👍

bingo70
13-12-2018, 07:20 AM
Mental health is ignorantly overlooked.
Hope Leigh gets the help he needs and is able to fight through this.

Leigh Leigh super Leigh

I don’t think it is in Scottish football. I think thanks to the likes of Neil Lennon amongst others it’s become ok for for players to talk about how they’re feeling. As someone who has never suffered from mental health issues, from the outside in my perspective is that great strides have been made in recent years to educate the likes of myself about it. The level of support Griffiths has had since yesterday would back that up as well I think.

If gambling is his issue, is there a sense of irony that Celtic appear to be dealing with this very well but then taking money from a gambling company to sponsor them?

Griffiths is going to have a really tough time facing his demons here yet when he gets back to work everywhere he looks he’ll see a gambling company on the front of his and his team mates strip encouraging him to bet (to me that’s the only point of a sponsorship, raising awareness of the company is encouraging people to bet)

jacomo
13-12-2018, 08:01 AM
Good luck and best wishes super Leigh.

jax67
13-12-2018, 09:28 AM
Wish you all the best Sparky.💚

Sylar
13-12-2018, 09:48 AM
👍

You're making yourself look like a bit of a **** by having a go at a poster for something completely innocent and then seeking to build your own elaboration.

Not once did Stuart suggest he was going to divulge anything, merely pointing out (rightly) that the media are having to rely on gross simplifications because they don't have a clue on the full story.

It IS more complex than simply the speculations of gambling, and you go on to highlight some of the complexity in your own extrapolation?

Either take your own advice and shut up entirely, wish Leigh well and move on, or be man enough to apologise to Stuart for simply pointing out the complexity in Leigh's situation.

It's a needless argument between 2 Hibby's, about a situation where we probably all agree that we wish to see Leigh get the help he needs. I don't understand the need for the back and forth.

One Day
13-12-2018, 09:55 AM
Good Luck Leigh

J-C
13-12-2018, 10:22 AM
You're making yourself look like a bit of a **** by having a go at a poster for something completely innocent and then seeking to build your own elaboration.

Not once did Stuart suggest he was going to divulge anything, merely pointing out (rightly) that the media are having to rely on gross simplifications because they don't have a clue on the full story.

It IS more complex than simply the speculations of gambling, and you go on to highlight some of the complexity in your own extrapolation?

Either take your own advice and shut up entirely, wish Leigh well and move on, or be man enough to apologise to Stuart for simply pointing out the complexity in Leigh's situation.

It's a needless argument between 2 Hibby's, about a situation where we probably all agree that we wish to see Leigh get the help he needs. I don't understand the need for the back and forth.

Sssssshhhhhh!! We can't have common sense on this board. :greengrin

superfurryhibby
13-12-2018, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the feedback, the Lennon/mental health thread ended up provoking some good discussion and there were concerns raised about the speculation, which I think were acknowledged and then the thread moved on.

Bear in mind that moderating the forums isn't an exact science, we make the calls as we see them.

You guys do a sterling job and it’s no doubt a challenge to ensure that the board is as well moderated as it is. That said the Lennon threads, including the one I refer to, have been into some very messy territory and I still maintain that the title of the one ( irony aside) on the PM board is in piss poor taste.

GIBBY NEWTON
13-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Sparky hope you get things sorted out pal,you’ve done yourself proud since your days at Leith Athletic & Hibs wishing you all the best for 2019 !!!!! Gibby

BH Hibs
13-12-2018, 12:33 PM
All the best Leigh.

I'm Spartacus
13-12-2018, 12:38 PM
Very very best of luck Leigh, what a mess it seems to all be and I hope he can come out the other end clean of all his troubles. The full story is absolutely tragic and the mods are doing a great job to stop the speculation.

green with envy
13-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Sending my best and wishing you a full & speedy recovery Leigh.

Hibiza
13-12-2018, 12:48 PM
All the best Leigh. :flag:

Stuart93
13-12-2018, 02:32 PM
See marathon bet approached since 1875 for a corporate display at Sunday’s game including marathon bet logos. Beggars belief

Keith_M
13-12-2018, 03:03 PM
See marathon bet approached since 1875 for a corporate display at Sunday’s game including marathon bet logos. Beggars belief

Wasn't that the source of a previous dispute among Section 43 (or whatever they were called at the time) because of a sponsored display at Hampden?

Not a gambling firm, though, but something about them accepting money from a sponsor to help pay for it.

Haymaker
13-12-2018, 03:21 PM
Wasn't that the source of a previous dispute among Section 43 (or whatever they were called at the time) because of a sponsored display at Hampden?

Not a gambling firm, though, but something about them accepting money from a sponsor to help pay for it.

William Hill offered did they not?

calumhibee1
13-12-2018, 03:39 PM

What’s the issue? Would have thought external funding like that would really help.

Keith_M
13-12-2018, 03:51 PM
It must be a nightmare being in the public eye, especially when you have issues that may need to be dealt with sensitively yet they're all over the Media.

Keith_M
13-12-2018, 03:52 PM
What’s the issue? Would have thought external funding like that would really help.

Not for me, I wasn't involved. I think it was for some of them, though.

Personally I'd be all in favour, if it helped make a decent display.

William Hill offered did they not?

Could be, I don't really remember the details.

For some reason I had it in my head it was Crabbies, but that might have been a different occasion.

Haymaker
13-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Could be, I don't really remember the details.

For some reason I had it in my head it was Crabbies, but that might have been a different occasion.

IIRC William Hill offered both sets help for the displays, think Hibs accepted and Celtc didn't and it led to a load of arguments about the whole Against Modern Football and accusations of selling out.

Might be wrong but that's how I vaguely remember it but I wasn't involved.

Hibernia&Alba
13-12-2018, 04:20 PM
IIRC William Hill offered both sets help for the displays, think Hibs accepted and Celtc didn't and it led to a load of arguments about the whole Against Modern Football and accusations of selling out.

Might be wrong but that's how I vaguely remember it but I wasn't involved.

I would agree with those who regard it as a sell out. Fan displays should be by the fans and for the fans, not an opportunity for corporate sponsorship. There has to be a place for spontaneous passion in the game; the broadcasters and sponsors have everything else.

The 90+2
13-12-2018, 05:45 PM

If I took Stuartys post the wrong way for that I apologise. I took it to troublemake/stir.

Stuart - sorry pal. Admins can you please just delete the posts because as quite rightly pointed out there’s little in arguements on a delicate thread about a massive hibs fan.

vercol36
13-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Awful news, which I’m sure will be printed in full in the godforsaken redtops tomorrow. Get well soon Leigh - Hibee legend!

SRHibs
13-12-2018, 07:37 PM

His comment is supportive of Leigh, and is just trying to steer away from the narrative the papers are spinning that he’s simply a problem gambler.

tamig
13-12-2018, 08:18 PM
I would agree with those who regard it as a sell out. Fan displays should be by the fans and for the fans, not an opportunity for corporate sponsorship. There has to be a place for spontaneous passion in the game; the broadcasters and sponsors have everything else.

I don’t think any fan display - sponsored or otherwise - could ever be described as spontaneous.

The 90+2
13-12-2018, 08:26 PM
His comment is supportive of Leigh, and is just trying to steer away from the narrative the papers are spinning that he’s simply a problem gambler.

Ok, no bother. I took it another way and apologised and actually mean it.

Stuart93
13-12-2018, 08:31 PM

Yep that was the aim

Stuart93
13-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Ok, no bother. I took it another way and apologised and actually mean it.

It’s fine no worries mate

The 90+2
13-12-2018, 10:41 PM
It’s fine no worries mate

👍 sorry pal.

Since1875Hibs
16-12-2018, 11:00 PM
https://i.ibb.co/g3Lyq2N/6907-E067-DEF2-4091-B6-DE-1-A351184-DFBF.jpg (https://ibb.co/jTPh0Nm)
https://i.ibb.co/yFSxrbS/8-EBF5398-936-C-4999-88-BB-4-BB086699948.jpg (https://ibb.co/zVJtz0J)