PDA

View Full Version : Lenny on SSN

Frazerbob
11-12-2018, 05:04 PM
The gaffer is due to appear live on Sky Sports News before 6pm.

He’s back!

JeMeSouviens
11-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Just in time for Sky to ask him a load of pointless guff about Celtc probably.

Lago
11-12-2018, 05:14 PM

He’s back!
Celtic must have a European game coming up.:confused:

Billy Whizz
11-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Just in time for Sky to ask him a load of pointless guff about Celtc probably.

David Gray was on earlier, players on hospital visits

bingo70
11-12-2018, 05:17 PM

He’s back!

Wonder if that means he’ll be at tonight’s calendar signing?

Frazerbob
11-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Anyone see it?

bingo70
11-12-2018, 07:04 PM
Anyone see it?

No but to answer my own earlier question Lennon was at the calendar signing and he was in great form, really friendly and plenty chat with my boy.

Feel like a right prick for moaning about him the last couple of weeks now.

Iggy Pope
11-12-2018, 08:28 PM
David Gray was on earlier, players on hospital visits

:aok:

I always enjoy a post that succinctly replies "shut the **** up".

Lendo
12-12-2018, 07:51 AM
Did anyone catch it?

Newcastlehibby
12-12-2018, 09:20 AM
Had SSN on but he wasn’t on.

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 01:15 PM
Talking about Celtic.

bingo70
12-12-2018, 01:16 PM
Talking about Celtic.

It was about the Celtic Hibs game to be fair and he made sure he turned it back to be about Hibs.

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 01:19 PM
It was about the Celtic Hibs game to be fair and he made sure he turned it back to be about Hibs.

Complete lack of enthusiasm when talking about us.

bingo70
12-12-2018, 01:23 PM

Disagree.

Video below for anyone that hasn't seen it.

https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1072804055208980480

Not In The Know
12-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Talking about Celtic.

Give it a break!!

He probably spoke to them for 10 mins at least but that's what they edited it to.

J-C
12-12-2018, 01:34 PM

And you got all that from the 50 sec clip, well done. :clapper:

JeMeSouviens
12-12-2018, 01:40 PM
:aok:

I always enjoy a post that succinctly replies "shut the **** up".

- ?? post was nice
- replies below say Sky did focus on Celtc (surprise!)
- shut the **** up! :wink:

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Give it a break!!

He probably spoke to them for 10 mins at least but that's what they edited it to.

Was he bigging up Celtic in the ssn clip or not?

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 01:41 PM
And you got all that from the 50 sec clip, well done. :clapper:

Did he seem enthusiastic about Sunday in your opinion?

bingo70
12-12-2018, 01:54 PM

No more so than he has done this season when praising the jobs McInnes, Clarke and even Levein have done in build up to games against Aberdeen, Killie and Hearts. It's about being respectful to your opponents. I also think he is just being honest, Celtic are a terrific side and if we are to beat them then we are relying on them having an off day and we will need to be at our best.

I am conscious i'm possibly being a bit of a hypocrite just now as i was jumping up and down about him last week but i really do think if you're seeing a lack of enthusiasm there from Lennon in that interview then i personally think you're looking for something that just isn't there.

wookie70
12-12-2018, 02:05 PM
To be fair I'm not too enthusiastic. He looked thoughtful to me and I have no issue with him talking about Celtic when they are our next opponents. Given his previous relationship with them he could have asked for mercy from Brenda given the form we are in and playing them when they are are full throttle.

SquashedFrogg
12-12-2018, 02:07 PM

No.

Lennon was pointing out that they were a good side under Rodgers and that we will have to be at our very best to beat them. Likewise they will have to have an off day.

Do you disagree with any of that?

Keith_M
12-12-2018, 02:13 PM
I think what some people interpret as a lack of enthusiasm is just Lennon's quiet manner when speaking to the press.

Not knocking anybody, I just think it's possible to read too much into how he speaks at times.

Not In The Know
12-12-2018, 02:13 PM

Did you hear the question he was asked?

Was it "do you think Kilmarnock are pish after they got pumped by the mighty Celtic?"

Answer "eh naw Celtic can do that to every team in the league"

SquashedFrogg
12-12-2018, 02:18 PM
I think what some people interpret as a lack of enthusiasm is just Lennon's quiet manner when speaking to the press.

Not knocking anybody, I just think it's possible to read too much into how he speaks at times.

I agree. I've watched many an interview and the latest one was no different in tone to most.

J-C
12-12-2018, 03:41 PM

Was he doing a wee dance while getting interviewed, NO.

50 secs and all I heard was Celtic are playing very well, have various threats and Hibs will have to be at the top of their game to get something from it.

If you seen anything else in that wee clip, then you have the powers of Sherlock Holmes.

Betty Boop
12-12-2018, 04:22 PM

That's good of him.

Lago
12-12-2018, 04:28 PM
I wonder how many Hibs supporter's are enthusiastic about Sunday ?

Kato
12-12-2018, 05:47 PM

Weird comment.

Albanian Hibs
12-12-2018, 05:50 PM

I'm actually looking forward to it.

Blaster
12-12-2018, 05:53 PM
I'm actually looking forward to it.

Me too. Some folk forget how crap it was playing in the championship. I’d much rather be where we are today and playing teams like Celtic regularly again

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 06:29 PM

Why wouldn’t we? It’s the biggest home game of the season so far. **** Celtic.

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 06:30 PM
Weird comment.

No bother. I’m not getting into a long debate over it.

flash
12-12-2018, 06:32 PM
Me too. Some folk forget how crap it was playing in the championship. I’d much rather be where we are today and playing teams like Celtic regularly again

Prefer a home game against Dumbarton at this time of year personally.....

Blaster
12-12-2018, 06:39 PM
Prefer a home game against Dumbarton at this time of year personally.....

😂😂. And why not lol

Kato
12-12-2018, 06:49 PM
No bother. I’m not getting into a long debate over it.

Oh, go on.

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 06:53 PM
Oh, go on.

Peace Kato. Stop taking difference of opinions so personally.

Captain Trips
12-12-2018, 07:04 PM

I saw the full video he was asked about Hibs and he stood back and started juggling he then did some stilt walking to then settle down for the 50secs clip.

Do you think he washed today?

WoreTheGreen
12-12-2018, 07:11 PM
I saw the full video he was asked about Hibs and he stood back and started juggling he then did some stilt walking to then settle down for the 50secs clip.

Stilts? How high is his sink

IGRIGI
12-12-2018, 07:15 PM
I think we need one of those body language experts that catch murderers due to one too many blinks or a shake of the head to watch Lenny's interviews until we have the truth.

Captain Trips
12-12-2018, 07:20 PM
I think we need one of those body language experts that catch murderers due to one too many blinks or a shake of the head to watch Lenny's interviews until we have the truth.

Haha was thinking the same Cliff Lansley from Faking it tears of a crime. Lenny moved his shoulder up and down slightly the lying bast a rd

Hibernian Verse
12-12-2018, 07:28 PM
Headline on my sky sports score centre app...21455

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 07:57 PM

What are you actually on about?

The thread is based on our manager on sky sports news. The clip was about Celtic and a wee bit about us at the end that was hardly inspirational.

I didn’t start a thread saying Lennons being a **** on ssn. So I don’t know what the comments are for for stating simple facts.

There’s little on it relevant to us. It’s not a clip for video on us at all it’s on Rodgers being amazing all the trophies pumping Killie and we will highly unlikely get nothing on Sunday based on how good Celtic are.

Did Lennon put together the package? Of course not, was it like that to appease a bigger audience of Celtic fans of course it was - let’s call it like it is though.

Ryan69
12-12-2018, 07:57 PM
No more so than he has done this season when praising the jobs McInnes, Clarke and even Levein have done in build up to games against Aberdeen, Killie and Hearts. It's about being respectful to your opponents. I also think he is just being honest, Celtic are a terrific side and if we are to beat them then we are relying on them having an off day and we will need to be at our best.

I am conscious i'm possibly being a bit of a hypocrite just now as i was jumping up and down about him last week but i really do think if you're seeing a lack of enthusiasm there from Lennon in that interview then i personally think you're looking for something that just isn't there.

Celtic are not a terrific side..very poor actually.

When you spend 5x more than closest rival and about 20x more than next nearest rivals...it's not hard.

AEK....Don't have nearly the resources Celtic have!

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 07:58 PM

Let’s not take that away from people thinking for some reason I have an issue with our manager. I called the video as I saw it.

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 08:00 PM

Where you one of the ones that thought there was nothing wrong with Calderwood and his bag of sweeties comments also? Who said anything about body language either.

Personally, I don’t think our manager is as interested and committed as he should be. I’ll still back him though and hope we pump his Brazilians style playing Celtic on Sunday. Aeroplane anyone?

B.H.F.C
12-12-2018, 08:00 PM

When you spend 5x more than closest rival and about 20x more than next nearest rivals...it's not hard.

They’re certainly not poor. They’ve been relentless since Rodgers came in and, whether you’ve got greater resources or not, winning 7 trophies on the trot takes a bit of doing.

bingo70
12-12-2018, 08:08 PM

I’m comparing them to us though, not AEK. I would say, as they have a budget about 20x the size of us they are a terrific side in comparison to us.

How easy it is for them isn’t really relevant to the point.

Ryan69
12-12-2018, 08:09 PM
They’re certainly not poor. They’ve been relentless since Rodgers came in and, whether you’ve got greater resources or not, winning 7 trophies on the trot takes a bit of doing.

The HUGE Financial gulf...Certainly help though doesn't it?

Though in Europe every year consistantly...they fail!

B.H.F.C
12-12-2018, 08:13 PM
The HUGE Financial gulf...Certainly help though doesn't it?

Though in Europe every year consistantly...they fail!

Never said it doesn’t help. It’s the same in most leagues though isn’t it.

I just don’t think they can be called a ‘very poor’ side.

Ryan69
12-12-2018, 08:16 PM
Never said it doesn’t help. It’s the same in most leagues though isn’t it.

I just don’t think they can be called a ‘very poor’ side.

Like they can't be labelled a TERRIFIC SIDE then huh?

Captain Trips
12-12-2018, 08:19 PM
What are you actually on about?

The thread is based on our manager on sky sports news. The clip was about Celtic and a wee bit about us at the end that was hardly inspirational.

I didn’t start a thread saying Lennons being a **** on ssn. So I don’t know what the comments are for for stating simple facts.

There’s little on it relevant to us. It’s not a clip for video on us at all it’s on Rodgers being amazing all the trophies pumping Killie and we will highly unlikely get nothing on Sunday based on how good Celtic are.

Did Lennon put together the package? Of course not, was it like that to appease a bigger audience of Celtic fans of course it was - let’s call it like it is though.

Indeed it was edited to suit however saying it as it is do you think it would be fair to judge all of said about Hibs if whole interview was screened?

It is your opinion he is not interested that isn't a "simple fact". Maybe not that inspired or interested as he is talking about Celtic rather than Hibs?

bingo70
12-12-2018, 08:21 PM

In comparison to us they are though.

I don’t know why you’re comparing them to AEK Athens and other European sides. That’s not who they are playing this weekend and not who Neil Lennon is managing, Lennon was talking from a hibs perspective we are coming up against a terrific side.

Celtic aren’t a terrific European side but compared to us and in domestic football they are.

Captain Trips
12-12-2018, 08:26 PM
I could ask Neil 100 questions about Hibs then ask him 1 about Celtic game at weekend be a shame if only showed that answer and not 100 others.

SirDavidsNapper
12-12-2018, 08:27 PM
In comparison to us they are though.

I don’t know why you’re comparing them to AEK Athens and other European sides. That’s not who they are playing this weekend and not who Neil Lennon is managing, Lennon was talking from a hibs perspective we are coming up against a terrific side.

Celtic aren’t a terrific European side but compared to us and in domestic football they are.

Yup. In our league they are a terrific side. They just dismantled a Kilmarnock side that spanked us. They're by far the best team in Scotland. We've done reasonably well against them under Lennon so hopefully that continues.

B.H.F.C
12-12-2018, 08:33 PM

Domestically, yes they can.

Jones28
12-12-2018, 08:44 PM
Why wouldn’t we? It’s the biggest home game of the season so far. **** Celtic.

Mixed messages mate, I'm enthusiastic about Sunday but certainly not confident

Jones28
12-12-2018, 08:46 PM

Aye, Lennon wrote the headline right enough.

Hibernian Verse
12-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Aye, Lennon wrote the headline right enough.I think you've taken my post completely the wrong way and actually your post is pretty rude.

The start of this thread was about Sky Sports and how they would only ask him about Celtic. He barely spoke about them and turned it to Hibs, yet they still put this as the headline.

Jones28
12-12-2018, 08:55 PM
I think you've taken my post completely the wrong way and actually your post is pretty rude.

The start of this thread was about Sky Sports and how they would only ask him about Celtic. He barely spoke about them and turned it to Hibs, yet they still put this as the headline.

I think I probably have, apologies.

Hibernian Verse
12-12-2018, 08:56 PM
I think I probably have, apologies.Accepted!

Jones28
12-12-2018, 08:58 PM
Accepted!

👍🏻 Thanks pumpkin

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 09:05 PM
I could ask Neil 100 questions about Hibs then ask him 1 about Celtic game at weekend be a shame if only showed that answer and not 100 others.

Couldn’t he say he’s not there to talk about Celtic?

Captain Trips
12-12-2018, 09:15 PM

No, we are playing them so it's fair enough. Has Brenda Rodgers mentioned Hibs do we know?

Why couldn't you have said instead of "talking about Celtic" have said "Sky have only showed what appears to be a small part of a longer piece in which ne mentions our next opponents Celtic"

Elephant Stone
12-12-2018, 09:15 PM

I've heard him say that several times.

Why does it bother you anyway? The press are free to ask whatever they want, I don't think Lennon spending a few minutes answering their questions is going to take any time away from preparing for the match. If you want pure Hibs chat then stick to Hibs TV, the national press can ask what they want. Like I say, Lennon has said he doesn't want to talk about Celtic to the press before on numerous occasions anyway so I really don't know why you're upset, again.

Iggy Pope
12-12-2018, 09:19 PM
- ?? post was nice
- replies below say Sky did focus on Celtc (surprise!)
- shut the **** up! :wink:

Really?

Iggy Pope
12-12-2018, 09:23 PM

Guessing you're dreading it?

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 09:28 PM
I've heard him say that several times.

Why does it bother you anyway? The press are free to ask whatever they want, I don't think Lennon spending a few minutes answering their questions is going to take any time away from preparing for the match. If you want pure Hibs chat then stick to Hibs TV, the national press can ask what they want. Like I say, Lennon has said he doesn't want to talk about Celtic to the press before on numerous occasions anyway so I really don't know why you're upset, again.

To be honest it bothers me the first time our manager talks to any press in yonks is about Celtic which was sadly predictable.

Elephant Stone
12-12-2018, 09:31 PM
To be honest it bothers me the first time our manager talks to any press in yonks is about Celtic which was sadly predictable.

Very predicable considering they're our next opponents.

One Day Soon
12-12-2018, 10:03 PM
Weird comment.

Laughable in fact.

Hiber-nation
12-12-2018, 10:08 PM
Laughable in fact.

Can I add bizarre to weird and laughable please?

SquashedFrogg
12-12-2018, 10:20 PM

Man. You really hate our manager. Weird.

The irony is that all you seem to talk about on this thread is Celtic.

The 90+2
12-12-2018, 11:53 PM
Man. You really hate our manager. Weird.

The irony is that all you seem to talk about on this thread is Celtic.

Why would I hate our manager? 😂😂. Everyone has to hate Neil Lennon if they have a difference of opinion? We are Hibernian FC by the way. I care about how our club is treated and I don’t hate anyone, especially not our manager but if I don’t think our manager is committed to our club coated over with a win against Hamilton I’ll say it.

Only manager over genuinely hated by the way was the GJP. For his lies and the mess he left our club in.

beensaidbefore
13-12-2018, 12:04 AM

👍

BILLYHIBS
13-12-2018, 12:11 AM
Why would I hate our manager? 😂😂. Everyone has to hate Neil Lennon if they have a difference of opinion? We are Hibernian FC by the way. I care about how our club is treated and I don’t hate anyone, especially not our manager but if I don’t think our manager is committed to our club coated over with a win against Hamilton I’ll say it.

Only manager over genuinely hated by the way was the GJP. For his lies and the mess he left our club in.
OK! I’ll go for it who was GJP? Remind me.

The 90+2
13-12-2018, 12:13 AM
OK! I’ll go for it who was GJP? Remind me.

Ginger and Judas and currently Scotland manager. P was prick.

BILLYHIBS
13-12-2018, 12:15 AM
Ginger and Judas and currently Scotland manager. P was prick.

I hear ye! 😁⚽️🇳🇬👍🏾🏆

monktonharp
13-12-2018, 12:38 AM

Only manager over genuinely hated by the way was the GJP. For his lies and the mess he left our club in.aye, instead of coating over Hamilton, would have been better to lose that one:rolleyes:

The 90+2
13-12-2018, 12:42 AM
aye, instead of coating over Hamilton, would have been better to lose that one:rolleyes:

Who said that? 4 points in the next week would be incredible.

sadtom
13-12-2018, 04:19 AM
Ever dawn on any armchair managers and psychologists that Lenny might care too much?
He is a winner and is as frustrated as the best (or worst) of us, is it not possible that he is gutted about the latest run of form and results?
The injuries and the stop start nature of the last couple of months hasn't helped. Throw on top of that all the racist abuse and all the crap that came with it. Threats off and actual violence against him. The man has been brave enough to talk openly about his own demons, is it any wonder he's been keeping a low profile and only now talking again but in a calm and measured manner. Pretty smart if you ask me.
Then for good measure, he is the person who actually has to find the solution, unlike the phantom experts on here.
He should have our 100% backing. Not the snide backbiting and lack of support afforded by some.
He has given us that most elusive of products, effective football with a bit of style. We've hit a bad patch (that he himself predicted could happen, months ago when things were going well) and some take a hissy fit and want rid!!
We're lucky to have the guy. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs a lie doon in a rubber room.

One Neil Lennon.

AgentDaleCooper
13-12-2018, 05:42 AM
Ever dawn on any armchair managers and psychologists that Lenny might care too much?
He is a winner and is as frustrated as the best (or worst) of us, is it not possible that he is gutted about the latest run of form and results?
The injuries and the stop start nature of the last couple of months hasn't helped. Throw on top of that all the racist abuse and all the crap that came with it. Threats off and actual violence against him. The man has been brave enough to talk openly about his own demons, is it any wonder he's been keeping a low profile and only now talking again but in a calm and measured manner. Pretty smart if you ask me.
Then for good measure, he is the person who actually has to find the solution, unlike the phantom experts on here.
He should have our 100% backing. Not the snide backbiting and lack of support afforded by some.
He has given us that most elusive of products, effective football with a bit of style. We've hit a bad patch (that he himself predicted could happen, months ago when things were going well) and some take a hissy fit and want rid!!
We're lucky to have the guy. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs a lie doon in a rubber room.

One Neil Lennon.
:top marks

NthCarolinaHibs
13-12-2018, 06:27 AM

One Neil Lennon.Well said, that man 👍

Kato
13-12-2018, 09:51 AM
Looks like some don't understand how TV/Newsrooms work, how it's edited to suit their target audience, how headlines come from sub-editors who care little about the content. They just want to see what they want to see and will argue from the most awkward positions because they can't stand to be wrong. Nothing personal in pointing that out.

Alex Trager
13-12-2018, 10:58 AM

Hahaha. Wow. Where was the change in his tone or expression?

Captain Trips
13-12-2018, 12:49 PM
Gray added: “We know what a test Celtic are going to be. They have dominated Scottish football for years and Sunday will be tough — but I also know that, coming to Easter Road, they’ll be in for a game"

David Gray going on about Celtic , thats him and Lennon now its a disgrace so it is. The way the words were printed it would appear Gray wasn't that enthusiastic about it all.

Prof. Shaggy
13-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Thanks sadtom. Who needs a feel-good factor when you can have hibs.net?

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2018, 01:49 PM
Gray added: “We know what a test Celtic are going to be. They have dominated Scottish football for years and Sunday will be tough — but I also know that, coming to Easter Road, they’ll be in for a game"

David Gray going on about Celtic , thats him and Lennon now its a disgrace so it is. The way the words were printed it would appear Gray wasn't that enthusiastic about it all.

Gray is an erse, take his knighthood away now. :wink:

southern hibby
13-12-2018, 03:38 PM
Little story about GJP. My mum was down at Easter Road getting me a ticket for some game I was flying back out of Iraq for. It was absolutely pouring down and he was in the ticket office and he overed my mum a lift up the road as she was soaking.

She never knew he was as she has no interest in football but he drove her up to her door. Only found out it was him when she seen him talking on the TV and told my dad.

GGTTH

Captain Trips
13-12-2018, 03:57 PM
Gray is an erse, take his knighthood away now. :wink:

Celtic fans must really hate LG seeing as he didnt celebrate and showed little enthusiasm when he did against us. I am hearing I cannot confirm but NL went into a shop and may not have held door open for person behind. As I said all unconfirmed hopefully not true.

bingo70
14-12-2018, 12:53 PM
Lennon back on media duties today. I know not everyone was bothered by it but i personally think it's good news he's back doing this kind of thing.

Boyle a major doubt for Sunday though.

Stuart93
14-12-2018, 12:54 PM
Lennon back on media duties today. I know not everyone was bothered by it but i personally think it's good news he's back doing this kind of thing.

Boyle a major doubt for tomorrow though.

Good news followed by terrible news

hibbymac
14-12-2018, 01:15 PM

Boyle a major doubt for tomorrow though.

.... hopefully he's fit for Sunday :duck::aok:

bingo70
14-12-2018, 01:17 PM

Don't know what you mean :whistle:

JimBHibees
14-12-2018, 03:38 PM

One Neil Lennon.

Totally agree. Definitely needs our support and deserves it too.

BILLYHIBS
14-12-2018, 03:43 PM

One Neil Lennon.
This !
👍🏾

DavieRoy
15-12-2018, 11:11 AM
The full Lennon interview is up on that Sky On Demand. I have downloaded it. Plenty of Hibernian chat.

majorhibs
15-12-2018, 11:08 PM
That's good of him.

You appear to have some kind of thing against our current manager. Por Que?

davym7062
15-12-2018, 11:30 PM

I’d rather he was fit for Wednesday to be honest that’s a game we’ve more chance of winning 🇳🇬

Hi Heid Yin
16-12-2018, 01:03 AM

One Neil Lennon.

:top marks

Captain Trips
16-12-2018, 03:21 PM
How was he looking today? Talking about Celtic? Looking uninterested?

Just wondering.

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 03:31 PM
How was he looking today? Talking about Celtic? Looking uninterested?

Just wondering.

Why would you wonder about that instead of concentrating and celebrating our fabulous win? He and the team got everything right today and there was no over respect to a normal Celtic side.

Captain Trips
16-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Why would you wonder about that instead of concentrating and celebrating our fabulous win? He and the team got everything right today and there was no over respect to a normal Celtic side.

I am celebrating our win this took 20 to 30 secs to do.

The 90+2
16-12-2018, 06:10 PM
Good man enjoy your evening 👍

BullsCloseHibs
16-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Thank fek I don't sign up to Twitter. Some real keyboard freakness going on there! What rubbish.

majorhibs
16-12-2018, 07:16 PM
We need to enjoy this mgr & the players he attracts, while we still have him, cos as I regularly say this is so far above the butcher/fenlon/calderwood nonsense it’s untrue!