PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon testimonial darts

Leith's finest
10-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Not seen any photos or reports from Paul Hanlon's darts day yesterday, was it a good turnout?

Sir David Gray
10-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Not seen any photos or reports from Paul Hanlon's darts day yesterday, was it a good turnout?

Brilliant, the place was packed. It was a class day.

Billy Whizz
10-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Brilliant, the place was packed. It was a class day.

Any injury updates?

Red Cabbage
10-12-2018, 12:33 PM
Yes it was packed and it was a great day. Brilliant to see Gary Anderson up close practising in the concourse with the other darts players and the players from the team - SDG, Marv, Daz, Lewy, Porteous and Paul. And even better to see Lenny make an appearance for his match. :thumbsup:

macca70
10-12-2018, 01:34 PM
Brilliant day, suffering today.

DrSpaceMonkey
10-12-2018, 01:48 PM
It was shown on sky sports news this morning 👍🏻

Carheenlea
10-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Stadium announcer Barrie Wilkins posted a fair amount of footage from the day on Instagram

Sir David Gray
10-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Any injury updates?

Not sure I was so excited to get my photo taken with David Gray, I forgot to ask him! :greengrin

Bit gutted Neil Lennon wasn't in the bar area before the event so couldn't get a photo with him. I got everyone else though and they were all pretty happy to get a photo. Lewis Stevenson's a genuinely lovely guy.

EH54
10-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Anyone get the chance to ask lennon about his disappearing act?

SquashedFrogg
10-12-2018, 05:11 PM

Along with the event yesterday he has been at every game? Sits in the wee dugoot.

Carheenlea
10-12-2018, 05:12 PM

One reason why he didn't mingle in the bar - avoiding blunt questioning on what was a fun day.

HibbyAndy
10-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Outstanding that back to back world champion Gary Anderson was their ! Well done sir

EH54
10-12-2018, 05:52 PM
Along with the event yesterday he has been at every game? Sits in the wee dugoot.

I was to busy looking for an aeroplane on the pitch, that'll explain it!

PercyHibs
10-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Thought it was a great event. Thought it was a bit poor no other players were there to support the event though.

Leith's finest
10-12-2018, 06:11 PM
Thought it was a great event. Thought it was a bit poor no other players were there to support the event though.

What players were missing?

djs69
10-12-2018, 06:13 PM
Was a great day, Marv said he’s out until New Year and SDG said back running today but not sure when back playing .

Danderhall Hibs
10-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Outstanding that back to back world champion Gary Anderson was their ! Well done sir

Heard he was in a bit of a hurry to get away though. I’m sure he wasn’t there out of the goodness of his heart.

Billy Whizz
10-12-2018, 06:15 PM
Was a great day, Marv said he’s out until New Year and SDG said back running today but not sure when back playing .

Not good on Marv, we haven’t had the best of luck with injuries

HibbyAndy
10-12-2018, 06:25 PM
Heard he was in a bit of a hurry to get away though. I’m sure he wasn’t there out of the goodness of his heart.

The fact the world championship starts on Thursday i'm flabbergasted he even made it , Good touch from Anderson :aok:

hibbymark
10-12-2018, 06:27 PM
Only players present were Porteous,Hanlon, McGregor,SDG,Lewis and Marv . Boyle would’ve been there if he hadn’t got injured on Saturday.

Really enjoyed the day but I did think it was a poor turnout from the players for a guy who’s given 10 years service to the club and is their team and workmate

Dashing Bob S
10-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Paul threw a couple of treble twenties then took his eye of the darts and somebody stole in and threw a bullseye.

PercyHibs
10-12-2018, 06:31 PM

Bartley, Gray, Stevenson, Hanlon, McGregor and Porteous were there as they were involved in the Darts. Didn’t see any other players there.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2018, 06:39 PM

All of them apart from those who were playing darts (Hanlon, Stevenson, McGregor, Gray, Porteous and Bartley).

Martin Boyle can be excused after his injury on Saturday but I did find it odd that other players didn't turn up.

Danderhall Hibs
10-12-2018, 06:59 PM
The fact the world championship starts on Thursday i'm flabbergasted he even made it , Good touch from Anderson :aok:

The money on offer must’ve been too good. Be good if he had stayed until the end of his shift though.

The 90+2
10-12-2018, 07:03 PM
The money on offer must’ve been too good. Be good if he had stayed until the end of his shift though.

He’s a hibs fan and wasn’t the money for charity?

Danderhall Hibs
10-12-2018, 07:29 PM
He’s a hibs fan and wasn’t the money for charity?

If he played for free I’ll applaud the guy. Same goes for Manley and the others.

The money after costs goes to charity as far as I know:

3pm
10-12-2018, 07:35 PM
Anderson was there til the end. He gave a speech at the end as well.

Danderhall Hibs
10-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Anderson was there til the end. He gave a speech at the end as well.

Was he? My mate said he was sneaking away before the end cos he had a flight booked.

I’ll take it back if he’s wrong.

3pm
10-12-2018, 07:46 PM
Was he? My mate said he was sneaking away before the end cos he had a flight booked.

He had a flight booked but if he left early, it could only have been minutes. As I say, he made a speech at the end and he played darts in the final match of the day.

Lemonade
10-12-2018, 07:56 PM

I think you should take it back anyway.
You have insinuated that he was only there for the money and that he sneaked off early, both of which were wrong .
Don’t put a dampener on a great event for a great cause .

Tarrahib
10-12-2018, 08:02 PM
Were you there?

hibbysam
10-12-2018, 08:09 PM
Slating Gary Anderson for leaving ‘early’ a matter of days before his biggest competition of the season. If he had turned up for five minutes then that’s more than I’d expect, so praise the guy for it. A proper people’s person.

Tarrahib
10-12-2018, 08:14 PM
Slating Gary Anderson for leaving ‘early’ a matter of days before his biggest competition of the season. If he had turned up for five minutes then that’s more than I’d expect, so praise the guy for it. A proper people’s person.
:thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
10-12-2018, 08:14 PM
I think you should take it back anyway.
You have insinuated that he was only there for the money and that he sneaked off early, both of which were wrong .
Don’t put a dampener on a great event for a great cause .

Did he not get paid? I’ll take it back if he didn’t.

I’m not putting a dampener on it - excellent gesture from Hanlon to give the money away.

Danderhall Hibs
10-12-2018, 08:15 PM
Were you there?

No. I think I said I was told that’s what happened. I certainly insinuated it.

Itsnoteasy
10-12-2018, 08:21 PM

Why are you flabbergasted?
He done approx 4/5 hour stint, throwing darts, getting well paid for it then an hour flight down south.

I would be more flabbergasted if he was walking roond the Gyle doing Xmas shopping.

Yes the turn out from his fellow team mates was embarrassing.

Tarrahib
10-12-2018, 08:22 PM
Were you there?
I would have liked to see the Flying Scotsman take on Neil the aeroplane Lennon Would have been some match.

Shrekko
10-12-2018, 08:53 PM
Thought Gary was great yesterday - really friendly guy and seemed to be having good fun.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2018, 09:08 PM
Thought Gary was great yesterday - really friendly guy and seemed to be having good fun.

He was yeah. Really approachable and happy to spend time chatting to people beforehand and getting photos.

I'm also a fan of Devon Petersen.

Itsnoteasy
11-12-2018, 07:48 AM
He was yeah. Really approachable and happy to spend time chatting to people beforehand and getting photos.

I'm also a fan of Devon Petersen.

Spot on.

Keith_M
11-12-2018, 02:05 PM
Not sure I was so excited to get my photo taken with David Gray, I forgot to ask him! :greengrin

Be honest, did you 'swoon' when you saw him?

:greengrin

Sir David Gray
11-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Be honest, did you 'swoon' when you saw him?

:greengrin

I was like a wee boy waiting to meet Santa!

I think asking to sit on David Gray's knee might have been taking things a bit far though! :greengrin