PDA

View Full Version : UEFA league coefficient

Diclonius
10-12-2018, 11:14 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient

Scottish league currently fifth overall in league performance this season, and already jumped up six places in UEFA rankings. If Celtic and Rangers progress in the EL this week and beyond the last 16, it's not inconcievable we'll get an extra CL place in 2020.

BlackSheep
10-12-2018, 11:17 AM

Scottish league currently fifth overall in league performance this season, and already jumped up six places in UEFA rankings. If Celtic and Rangers progress in the EL this week and beyond the last 16, it's not inconcievable we'll get an extra CL place in 2020.

Where in the ranking do we have to finish to gain extra european places?

Hibernian Verse
10-12-2018, 11:52 AM
Where in the ranking do we have to finish to gain extra european places?

Looks like 15th but I could be wrong

Dashing Bob S
10-12-2018, 12:01 PM

Last thing we need is another CL place which would start the OF rat race all over again.

Juice-Terry
10-12-2018, 12:28 PM
Last thing we need is another CL place which would start the OF rat race all over again.
**** them. We'll be taking one of those spots. 'Mon the Hibs!

danhibees1875
10-12-2018, 12:48 PM
How high do we need to be in order to still get into the Europa rather than this new third tier European competition? That's a target worth aiming for I think.

Green Man
10-12-2018, 01:01 PM
How high do we need to be in order to still get into the Europa rather than this new third tier European competition? That's a target worth aiming for I think.

Top 15. I agree that’s the level we should be looking at.

CMurdoch
10-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Top 15 will be achieved in 2 seasons time if The Rangers keep progressing in European competitions along with Celtic.
That would give Scotland 5 places in Europe, which is enough, given only 5 of our clubs, including Hibs, have sufficient resources to have any chance of winning many games in Europe. Can see Scotland in 12th place in 4 years time as the Rangersless years drop off. I'm all for it as it should almost guarantee us European football every season once Scotland is 15th place or above. Scotland should never be outside the top 15 again unless The Rangers go out of business again.

JeMeSouviens
10-12-2018, 03:32 PM

Things have changed since the last time both Celtc and the Old Rangers were in the CL together. Even if "we" got a 2nd place, it would be in UEFA's "non-champions" path, ie. multiple qualifying rounds against teams from the big leagues.