PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN RED AND WHITE WINE ON SALE NOW

RSS Bot
10-12-2018, 10:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9532)

Dashing Bob S
10-12-2018, 05:32 PM
12 quid s bottle? This will be Jakey gutrot. I would never imbue anything for less than 30 pounds. A classier vintage for the more discerning palate please Greens.

jacomo
10-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Vintage? Vineyard?

Mon Hibs, needing a bit more here!

G15 Hibs
10-12-2018, 08:35 PM
Vintage? Vineyard?

Tonic

DarlingtonHibee
10-12-2018, 08:38 PM
12 quid s bottle? This will be Jakey gutrot. I would never imbue anything for less than 30 pounds. A classier vintage for the more discerning palate please Greens.

I used to buy some and take it round to jambo in laws for Christmas. It's aimed at mass market pricing. If you want to pay £30 quid then shop elsewhere.

Malthibby
11-12-2018, 05:05 PM
Vintage? Vineyard?

Aye, the year & where it comes from is kind of important. Shurely priced beyond it being just cooking plonk?
GG

Hibbyradge
11-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Vintage? Vineyard?

They're both 2018.

oldbutdim
11-12-2018, 05:12 PM
You're paying for the label, not the contents...…………..

I'm happy enough to use it as a 'novelty' on the Christmas table. Plenty good stuff in the cupboard!

BILLYHIBS
11-12-2018, 05:12 PM
They're both 2018.

2016 was a very good year 😁

calumhibee1
11-12-2018, 05:17 PM
Are these available to be picked up? Not expecting much, good chance I won't even open it but I'm a sucker for anything with a Hibs badge on it.

Mick O'Rourke
11-12-2018, 05:23 PM
Very posh!

How times have changed
Wine drinking ?

Half bottle of 4 Crown and 4 cans of export fae the off licence in Albert Street.

Usually finished before half time !

Happy Days !!

heretoday
11-12-2018, 07:35 PM
Very posh!

How times have changed
Wine drinking ?

Half bottle of 4 Crown and 4 cans of export fae the off licence in Albert Street.

Usually finished before half time !

Happy Days !!
Correct! 👌

GreenArmyyy!
11-12-2018, 07:43 PM
Does anybody have any idea what the label actually looks like? Seems mental people are realistically paying double the going rate just to have the Hibs label yet they aren’t showing us what it looks like.

Heckys Wheel
11-12-2018, 07:51 PM
Does anybody have any idea what the label actually looks like? Seems mental people are realistically paying double the going rate just to have the Hibs label yet they aren’t showing us what it looks like.

Can’t get my head around this. Like you said, very little details about it. No visuals. Buying on the promise of it being hibs branded and you buy online but have to pick it up from the west stand reception?

Renfrew_Hibby
11-12-2018, 07:55 PM
Can’t get my head around this. Like you said, very little details about it. No visuals. Buying on the promise of it being hibs branded and you buy online but have to pick it up from the west stand reception?

None of the club shop staff will be licensed to sell alcohol I would imagine.

Austinho
11-12-2018, 09:12 PM
Does anybody have any idea what the label actually looks like? Seems mental people are realistically paying double the going rate just to have the Hibs label yet they aren’t showing us what it looks like.You can kind of see it in the background here:

https://i.imgur.com/wYjvjdK.jpg

Looks to just have that bottle graphic printed on a white label. Pretty low effort for the price, and looks very supermarket own brand. Not sure what the crane in the bottom corner is supposed to symbolise, or the infinity symbol.

G B Young
11-12-2018, 09:49 PM
You can kind of see it in the background here:

https://i.imgur.com/wYjvjdK.jpg

Looks to just have that cheap bottle graphic printed on a white label. Pretty low effort for the price, and looks pretty supermarket own brand. Not sure why what the crane in the bottom corner is supposed to symbolise, or the infinity symbol.

I thought at first it was a floodlight pylon but right enough it's a crane. Maybe some sort of link to Leith docks? I also see the old 'beer bottle label' badge floating around in among the assorted bric-a-brac. As you say it's all bit baffling.

Was having a look to see what other clubs have come with and came across this yam voddy (not sure if it's in any way affiliated to the club):

https://www.thedrinkshop.com/item/15557/heart-of-midlothian-fc-vodka

Orchard_Hibs
12-12-2018, 06:12 AM
I have a bottle of Hibernian Bordeaux from about 1989. Anyone else have this? My grandad gave it to me when I was 4 as a Christmas present.

calumhibee1
12-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Picked one up today. The label is absolutely crap. Every bit as boring as the image on the website would suggest and looks like it’s been knocked up in 5 mins.

SpecialK
20-12-2018, 02:12 PM
Him indoors has just picked up my "hibernian" wine order. To say I am totally underwhelmed by the standard of labelling would be an UNDERstatement.

I appreciate that it's more about the donation, however, this purchase has made me feel very disappointed/ripped off.

Our marketing department's lack of originality has to make them feel somewhat ashamed for trotting out the most excruciatingly, boring piece of merchandising I've ever purchased.

I feel so sad that I cannot hand this over to my Secret Santa recipient for fear of absolute ridicule (especially since he's a jumbo) so it's back to the drawing board for me!

I have forwarded my thoughts on this to Hibernian, together with a suggestion on how to improve :)

May I take this opportunity to wish everyone on .net a Merry Christmas and to our marketing guru's.... I wish you the energy to engage in even a smidgeon of artistic licence when it comes to merchandising on behalf of our great club. GGTTH