PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon - Leader

Stevie Watson
08-12-2018, 08:37 PM
Boyle down injured gaffer walks on the park into the penalty area and stays with his man until he is stretchered off the park
Actions speak louder than any words
I’ve got your backs troops and I’m with you all the way
That’s leadership

Jones28
08-12-2018, 08:39 PM
Amen, that was class from the gaffer.

calumhibee1
08-12-2018, 08:39 PM
Boyle down injured gaffer walks on the park into the penalty area and stays with his man until he is stretchered off the park
That’s leadership

The offer of a 3 game ban will probably be in the post as we speak from the Compliance Officer. :agree:

Borderhibbie76
08-12-2018, 09:05 PM
Amen, that was class from the gaffer.Yup I've been a critic the last few weeks regarding the not speaking to the press when we the fans needed to hear from him but I agree was a nice touch and deserved his reception he got from the fans both then and at full time. I really hope this is a turning point in our season as we were much more solid and lennon-like today especially in the second half

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

chrisski33
08-12-2018, 09:06 PM
But but but he has lost the dressing room apparently!

Hi Heid Yin
08-12-2018, 09:06 PM
That’s leadership

Amen!

jacomo
08-12-2018, 09:12 PM
That’s leadership

Well we haven’t had any words from him for a while, so in their absence I suppose actions will have to do!

SquashedFrogg
08-12-2018, 09:18 PM
The offer of a 3 game ban will probably be in the post as we speak from the Compliance Officer. :agree:

Funnily enough that crosssed my mind when he walked on. The sfa would actually be crazy enough to try something like that.

SquashedFrogg
08-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Well we haven’t had any words from him for a while, so in their absence I suppose actions will have to do!

You prefer words to actions?

Today he walked the walk. Some strangely prefer him talking the talk. Strange world we live in.

Mick O'Rourke
08-12-2018, 09:22 PM
That’s leadership

"What you do carries more weight than what you say"

GBNL

GGTTH

AgentDaleCooper
08-12-2018, 09:24 PM

Much happier that he's concentrating on leading the players rather than wasting energy pacifying fans.

Hi Heid Yin
08-12-2018, 09:42 PM
Yup I've been a critic the last few weeks regarding the not speaking to the press when we the fans needed to hear from him but I agree was a nice touch and deserved his reception he got from the fans both then and at full time. I really hope this is a turning point in our season as we were much more solid and lennon-like today especially in the second half

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Good post.
The real turning point will hopefully come in the January window, when Neil Lennon will have secured what we are currently lacking " Drivers and Leaders!"

CathroMustStay
08-12-2018, 09:43 PM
There's only one Neil Lennon!

Viva_Palmeiras
08-12-2018, 10:47 PM
That’s leadership

I’m sure I read the leadership benchmark was attendance of post-match press conferences :)

Viva_Palmeiras
08-12-2018, 10:50 PM
"What you do carries more weight than what you say"

GBNL

GGTTH

Only a few weee paying attention in that class - Moourinho was doing a post-match presser...

Dashing Bob S
08-12-2018, 11:41 PM
Much happier that he's concentrating on leading the players rather than wasting energy pacifying fans.

Always this. We’re not daft wee children who need to babysitted by a manager and have him explain things to us. We’re football supporters who want to see him motivating backing and encouraging our players.

Pete
09-12-2018, 12:14 AM
That’s leadership

:agree:

An exceptional leader of men who has fought adversity all his life.

He is to be trusted with our great club ✊🏼

judas
09-12-2018, 12:25 AM
Terrible adversity. God it’s hard. Thank god he’s not pacifying the fans now, that would be awful.

Pete
09-12-2018, 12:28 AM
Terrible adversity. God it’s hard.

It most certainly is. :agree:

Otherwise, let’s discuss.

judas
09-12-2018, 12:30 AM
I’m with you Pedro. In the wider sense.

Pete
09-12-2018, 12:32 AM
I’m with you Pedro. In the wider sense.

👍🏼

Prof. Shaggy
09-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Always this. We’re not daft wee children who need to babysitted by a manager and have him explain things to us. We’re football supporters who want to see him motivating backing and encouraging our players.

Bob, bob, bob!

"....babysat..."

Honestly! Literacy standards today!

:na na::na na::na na:

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2018, 01:04 PM
You prefer words to actions?

Today he walked the walk. Some strangely prefer him talking the talk. Strange world we live in.

Mangers talk pish, yet all the time they are talking pish, we have crackpots picking holes in what they say.

I dont open the links to any press conferences he does, and only listen if he comes on the telly, but even then i take whatever is said with a pinch of salt.

AgentDaleCooper
09-12-2018, 01:43 PM
Terrible adversity. God it’s hard. Thank god he’s not pacifying the fans now, that would be awful.

What?

silverhibee
09-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Good post.
The real turning point will hopefully come in the January window, when Neil Lennon will have secured what we are currently lacking " Drivers and Leaders!"

Surely the time to get drivers and leaders would have been in the summer window, not many decent players going about in the January window and if so they cost money.

tamig
09-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Surely the time to get drivers and leaders would have been in the summer window, not many decent players going about in the January window and if so they cost money.

We seemed to do just fine last January.

3pm
09-12-2018, 09:32 PM
Pish at darts though.

Prof. Shaggy
09-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Pish at darts though.

OI! I'm pish at darts!

Hi Heid Yin
09-12-2018, 10:08 PM

I agree that the January window is notoriously bad for trying to secure "decent players" but this does not mean they are not out there - and let's not forget that our last January window was a success in securing "quality" players such as Kamberi and Allan
I have a hunch that we have a significant pot of money sitting at ER and are in a position to push the boat out to get what we want (within reason)- on the proviso that the players are available.

Re securing "drivers and Leaders" in the summer window:
I can only postulate that Neil, along with those paid to identify such players, maybe (just maybe) were rebuffed by other clubs when enquiring after the "gritty" McGinn-type player we had identified, or maybe such a player was not available or (more likely) beyond our financial means.
Maybe ( just maybe) Neil thought we could adapt/change our game and get close to the same results as last season with "different types of players like Mallan and Hyndman and Horgan. The point is that there are no hard rules at play when scouting potential acquisitions. There is always a risk that even "quality" players who come with a reputation and pedigree simply don't do it for their new club.

calumhibee1
09-12-2018, 10:15 PM
I agree that the January window is notoriously bad for trying to secure "decent players" but this does not mean they are not out there - and let's not forget that our last January window was a success in securing "quality" players such as Kamberi and Allan
I have a hunch that we have a significant pot of money sitting at ER and are in a position to push the boat out to get what we want (within reason)- on the proviso that the players are available.

Re securing "drivers and Leaders" in the summer window:
I can only postulate that Neil, along with those paid to identify such players, maybe (just maybe) were rebuffed by other clubs when enquiring after the "gritty" McGinn-type player we had identified, or maybe such a player was not available or (more likely) beyond our financial means.
Maybe ( just maybe) Neil thought we could adapt/change our game and get close to the same results as last season with "different types of players like Mallan and Hyndman and Horgan. The point is that there are no hard rules at play when scouting potential acquisitions. There is always a risk that even "quality" players who come with a reputation and pedigree simply don't do it for their new club.

I think your point about changing our game is probably correct judging by our signings. I’d say it looked like we were maybe going for a different style to try and replace our midfield three rather than like for like. End of the day though no matter what style of play you intend to play you still need someone with legs in there and that to me is the biggest thing that we’re missing - someone to get up and down the pitch and chase and harry the opposition.

Keyser Sauzee
09-12-2018, 10:19 PM
I think your point about changing our game is probably correct judging by our signings. I’d say it looked like we were maybe going for a different style to try and replace our midfield three rather than like for like. End of the day though no matter what style of play you intend to play you still need someone with legs in there and that to me is the biggest thing that we’re missing - someone to get up and down the pitch and chase and harry the opposition.

Good point and for all his obvious talents with the ball at his feet I think it’s becoming clear that what we miss most was the work rate McGinn gave us in the middle of the park and that should be top priority in January, as much as I’d like to see Allan in we need a worker first and foremost.

Hi Heid Yin
09-12-2018, 10:20 PM

Absolutely 100% with you on this point.

I think Garry Parker intimated that this is indeed what we are missing from our games this season, and that this type of player is high on our "must secure" list in January.

I'm quietly excited about who we presently might be scouting and who we might acquire.

Hi Heid Yin
09-12-2018, 10:25 PM
Good point and for all his obvious talents with the ball at his feet I think it’s becoming clear that what we miss most was the work rate McGinn gave us in the middle of the park and that should be top priority in January, as much as I’d like to see Allan in we need a worker first and foremost.

I'm with you on this point.

Bliss would be a McGinn type (muscle and fire) as well as Allan ( trickery and creativity)