PDA

View Full Version : Team v Celtic

Diclonius
08-12-2018, 07:34 PM
Judging by the reports from those at the game, would probably go with a 4-1-4-1 with Shaw as lone striker and Milligan as the anchor.

Marciano

Mavrias Ambrose Porteous Stevenson

Milligan

Boyle Hyndman Slivka Horgan

Shaw

calumhibee1
08-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Judging by the reports from those at the game, would probably go with a 4-1-4-1 with Shaw as lone striker and Milligan as the anchor.

Marciano

Milligan

Shaw

Marciano

Gray 🙏🏼/Mavrias Efe Porteous Stevenson

Hyndman Bartley Slivka

Mallan

Flo
Shaw

Scooter
08-12-2018, 07:44 PM
I think he has to start the same team that finished the game today

Jones28
08-12-2018, 08:18 PM

Marciano

Milligan

Shaw

I like it. The Kamberi/Shaw is the dilemma - do you play the more physical player who isn't in form or the player who is scoring but may be totally schooled by the Celtic defence? Counter that with the fact that Shaw came on, scored one and very nearly scored two last time?

Keith_M
08-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Eight defenders please

EH54
08-12-2018, 08:52 PM
Goalie

Mavrias
ambrose
porteous
stevenson

milligan
slivka
mallan
hyndman

kamberi
shaw

Blaster
08-12-2018, 08:55 PM
Will Boyle be automatically unavailable for 2 weeks due to concussion rules?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-12-2018, 11:23 PM
Rocky

Mavrais
Ambrose
Hanlon
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka
Hyndman

Kamberi
Shaw

hfc rd
09-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Goalie

Mavrias
ambrose
porteous
stevenson

milligan
slivka
mallan
hyndman

kamberi
shaw

Marciano in goals. That’s the team I’d go with as well.

Speedway
09-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Marciano

Mavrias
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman
Horgan

Kamberi
Maclaren

Hiber-nation
09-12-2018, 02:31 PM
Marciano

Mavrias
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman
Horgan

Kamberi
Maclaren

Got to be Shaw for McLaren but that's my team otherwise. Although I have concerns about Mavrais.

we are hibs
09-12-2018, 02:52 PM
I reckon he wiĺl go kamberi and maclaren in either this or the rangers game. And if he does maclaren needs to make his mark and take his chance.

makaveli1875
09-12-2018, 03:02 PM
I reckon he wiĺl go kamberi and maclaren in either this or the rangers game. And if he does maclaren needs to make his mark and take his chance.

Aye lets drop the boy thats scoring the goals

Rocky

Mavrias
Porteous
Efe
Nelom

Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman
Horgan

Flo
Shaw

we are hibs
09-12-2018, 03:31 PM
Aye lets drop the boy thats scoring the goals

Rocky

Mavrias
Porteous
Efe
Nelom

Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman
Horgan

Flo
Shaw

I didn't say that did I? I said I think he will play those 2 in one of the games. I didn't say i would do it. He likes chucking in a curve ball for the big games. Wouldn't be surprised that it's maclaren who comes in.

You also have nelom in ahead of Stevenson so you're one to talk.

makaveli1875
09-12-2018, 03:35 PM
I didn't say that did I? I said I think he will play those 2 in one of the games. I didn't say i would do it. He likes chucking in a curve ball for the big games. Wouldn't be surprised that it's maclaren who comes in.

You also have nelom in ahead of Stevenson so you're one to talk.

good point :greengrin il get my coat

Brightside
09-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Think he will just go with 1 striker v Celtic.

GreenProfessor
09-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Think he will just go with 1 striker v Celtic.

That's what I reckon....451

Marciano

Mavrias (or SDG if fit)
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Hyndman
Mallan
Slivka
Horgan

Kamberi (or Shaw)

where'stheslope
11-12-2018, 12:46 PM
That's what I reckon....451

Marciano

Mavrias (or SDG if fit)
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Hyndman
Mallan
Slivka
Horgan

Kamberi (or Shaw)
Your team looks good, but it will all depend on how tired Celtic are after Europe?
If we can hold out for the 1st half, they may tire in the 2nd and we could take something!
If Celtic start as they did against Killie, then we could end up having a torrid time!!!!

Big_Franck
11-12-2018, 12:54 PM
Will Boyle be automatically unavailable for 2 weeks due to concussion rules?

Wouldn't have thought so, unless this is a new rule? Berra suffered a concussion 2 or 3 days before a derby earlier this year and he still played against us. Boyle will be a massive miss if he doesn't play. I'd let him rest all week, train on Friday and hopefully he's good to go on Sunday.

Hyndman has to start for me. I'd also be temped to play some combination of Milligan and Bartley against Celtic. Every other central midfielder we have is a liability without the ball. We can't afford to defend with 7 or 8 players against them.

It's hard to pick a team for Sunday with so many players injured, and with so little information that comes out of the club with information on injuries nowadays.

Stuart93
11-12-2018, 01:22 PM
Wouldn't have thought so, unless this is a new rule? Berra suffered a concussion 2 or 3 days before a derby earlier this year and he still played against us. Boyle will be a massive miss if he doesn't play. I'd let him rest all week, train on Friday and hopefully he's good to go on Sunday.

Hyndman has to start for me. I'd also be temped to play some combination of Milligan and Bartley against Celtic. Every other central midfielder we have is a liability without the ball. We can't afford to defend with 7 or 8 players against them.

It's hard to pick a team for Sunday with so many players injured, and with so little information that comes out of the club with information on injuries nowadays.

Bartleys out until end of the month/the new year

number9dream
11-12-2018, 03:58 PM
Hyndman and Horgan made a difference on Saturday but can we start with those two plus Mallan & Slivka and not get trampled all over in midfield?
Bartley is out for a while it seems and Milligan was absent at the weekend - is he crocked or was he rested after really struggling recently?
I might be tempted to bring Hanlon back but we can't just sit back and hope for the best. We need to take the game to them.
There are no concussion rules as such, just guidelines, so you'd think the club would err on the side of caution and leave Boyle out, which is a pity since he's been good at keeping Tierney pinned back in the past.

Marciano

Ambrose Porteous Hanlon

RWB* Slivka Milligan Stevenson

Hyndman

Shaw Kamberi

RWB* - Boyle, Gray Mavrais, Horgan, Whittaker (in that order)

If Milligan is gubbed, then it will need to be Mallan deep again.

Celtic could potentially rest a few guys after Thursday but they play Motherwell & Dundee at home after us, so might save big changes for those games... We'll need a massive improvement to take anything from Sunday. Here's hoping...

Billy Whizz
11-12-2018, 04:27 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/11578061/hibernians-david-gray-targets-comeback-against-celtic

alihibs1
11-12-2018, 04:56 PM
Marciano

Mavrias/Gray if fit
Porteous
Ambrose
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman

Kamberi
Shaw

1-0 Hibs written all over it[emoji847] Kamberi to score[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
12-12-2018, 12:37 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/11578061/hibernians-david-gray-targets-comeback-against-celtic

More or less saying today he won't rush his comeback so subs appear every at best I think Given his track record this Season I don't want him lasting one game and being out again Would rather can and Club feel he is ready for extended run in team

BegbieHSC
12-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Marciano
Gray Ambrose Porteous Stevenson
Milligan
Slivka Mallan Hyndman
Horgan
Kamberi

calumhibee1
12-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Marciano
Gray Ambrose Porteous Stevenson
Milligan
Slivka Mallan Hyndman
Horgan
Kamberi

Don’t mind the look of that. Would be harsh on Shaw and I’d rather Marv than Milligan but it looks ok.

Diclonius
12-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Gray, Hanlon and Bartley still out according to Lennon.

Inconsequential
12-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Bogdan, Mavrias, Stevenson, Milligan, Porteous, Ambrose, Charnley, Shaw, Kamberi, Mallan, Horgan.

J-C
12-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Bogdan, Mavrias, Stevenson, Milligan, Porteous, Ambrose, Charnley, Shaw, Kamberi, Mallan, Horgan.

Is Chic no a wee bit auld

eastcoasthibby
13-12-2018, 07:48 AM
How many and who do we have fit is the big question ?

BILLYHIBS
13-12-2018, 07:51 AM
Don’t mind the look of that. Would be harsh on Shaw and I’d rather Marv than Milligan but it looks ok.

Thats my boy!

:thumbsup:

makaveli1875
13-12-2018, 08:14 AM
with the news that Mavrias and Milligan are now injured picking a team is getting difficult

Rocky

Whittaker
Porteous
Efe
Stevenson

Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman
Horgan

Shaw
Kamberi

flash
13-12-2018, 08:58 AM
I will go;

Rocky

Efe
Porteous
Lewis

Boyle
Hyndman
Milligan
Slivka
Horgan

Kamberi
Shaw.

Souter96Mac
13-12-2018, 09:04 AM
Marciano
Efe Porteous Mcgregor
Boyle Slivka Hyndman Mallan Stevenson
Shaw Kamberi

Ronniekirk
13-12-2018, 10:01 AM

Harry and Milligan now both out seemingly

B.H.F.C
13-12-2018, 10:03 AM
I will go;

Rocky

Efe
Porteous
Lewis

Boyle
Hyndman
Milligan
Slivka
Horgan

Kamberi
Shaw.

Lewis and Horgan in those positions at Parkhead was a disaster.

flash
13-12-2018, 11:24 AM
Lewis and Horgan in those positions at Parkhead was a disaster.

I won't go that then.......

J-C
13-12-2018, 11:24 AM
Got a feeling he'll go back to a back 3 for this game.

Rocky

Efe
McGregor
Porteous

Boyle if available
Hyndman
Slivka
Mallan
Stevenson

Kamberi
Shaw.

Brightside
13-12-2018, 02:53 PM

Rocky

Efe
McGregor
Porteous

Boyle if available
Hyndman
Slivka
Mallan
Stevenson

Kamberi
Shaw.

I'll be amazed if he does. McGregor got ripped to bits in that game last time. Its not one to chuck him in. Cant see Hanlon or McGregor being called on. 451 for me.

Kamberi up on his own with Boyle and Horgan heels to the line. Slivka, Mallan, Hyndman the middle 3.

Keith_M
13-12-2018, 02:59 PM

They ripped us to shreds at Celtc Park with a back three.

We only started to come back into it when we switched to four at the back.

B.H.F.C
13-12-2018, 03:07 PM

I didn’t think it was so much the back three. More the fact that Stevenson was in it with Slivka and Horgan at wing back. Too many players out of position.

We did improve when we went to a back four though.

J-C
13-12-2018, 03:30 PM
I'll be amazed if he does. McGregor got ripped to bits in that game last time. Its not one to chuck him in. Cant see Hanlon or McGregor being called on. 451 for me.

Kamberi up on his own with Boyle and Horgan heels to the line. Slivka, Mallan, Hyndman the middle 3.

I'm not advocating a back 3, I prefer a back 4, I'm just trying to think what Lennon may do, he does seem to like the 3 at the back against the better teams.

Personally I'd go 4-1-3-2 as I have a feeling Boyle may miss out and Horgan seems to play better off the bench. Hopefully Milligan can get fit as I think Bartley is a no no, if we have no real DM, then all out attack may be an option so 4-3-3 could be a good shout.

Rocky

RB whoever is fit
Efe
Porteous
Stevenson

Hyndman
Slivka
Mallan

Boyle/Horgan
Kamberi
Shaw

007 Mickey Weir
13-12-2018, 03:42 PM
Marciano
Efe Porteous Mcgregor
Shaw Kamberi

That’s the team for me

Unseen work
13-12-2018, 05:29 PM
Who is the development right back? Andrew Blake? Would he be ready for any first team appearance

eastcoasthibby
14-12-2018, 08:28 AM
Who is the development right back? Andrew Blake? Would he be ready for any first team appearance

Not sure if Blake is fit and from what I have seen not good enough, definitely wouldn't be tputting him in here if he was ...big game and we are toiling to put out ateam that looks like they can do damage ..but its Hibs so you just never know ..

danhibees1875
14-12-2018, 09:30 AM
When did Mavrias and Milligan get injured? Totally missed that! :rolleyes:

Hopefully Boyle is 100% fit to return, but I wouldn't be surprised if he also sat out/started on the bench as a precaution.

Rocky
Ambrose Porteous Hanlon Stevenson
Bartley
Mallan Slivka Horgan
Kamberi Shaw

oneone73
14-12-2018, 10:52 AM
When did Mavrias and Milligan get injured? Totally missed that! :rolleyes:

Hopefully Boyle is 100% fit to return, but I wouldn't be surprised if he also sat out/started on the bench as a precaution.

Rocky
Ambrose Porteous Hanlon Stevenson
Bartley
Mallan Slivka Horgan
Kamberi Shaw

Bartley's out till Jan.

bingo70
14-12-2018, 11:11 AM
Was Boyle not concussed last weekend?

If so then surely no chance of him playing on Sunday?

RossScott1991
14-12-2018, 11:29 AM
Rocky (GK)

Ambrose (RB)
Porteous (CB)
Mcgregor (CB)
Stevenson (LB)

Boyle (RM)
Mallan (CM)
Slivka (CM)
Horgan (LM)

Hyndman (CAM)

Kamberi (ST)

harsh on shaw but feel celtic will play 3 CM in brown McGregor and Rogic as the number 10 so need to match them up in there.

bingo70
14-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Boyle a major doubt for Sunday according to Lennon at today's press conference.

danhibees1875
14-12-2018, 12:08 PM
Bartley's out till Jan.

I'd forgotten that, that leaves us very short then... chuck Whittaker in and see what happens.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-12-2018, 03:26 PM
Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Porto
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
Hyndman
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

truehibernian
14-12-2018, 03:39 PM
If Hanlon is fit I’d move Efe into right back and play Porteous and Hanlon, with Lewis making up a back four. I’d play Whittaker in front of the centre pairing, and then a straight four in midfield where Celtic enjoy bulk of possession and try and shift it wide. Mallon, Hyndman, Horgan, with Slivka supporting Kamberi.

4-1-4-1. With the lack of pace and width this weekend we really need to get tight to Rogic and McGregor in particular in the central area. Quite fancy Slivka to score as he raises his game in these ties. Horgan needs to defend better too if he’s a starter - Forrest is at the top of his game and Lewis will need help on that flank.

Albanian Hibs
14-12-2018, 03:52 PM
with the news that Mavrias and Milligan are now injured picking a team is getting difficult

Rocky

Whittaker
Porteous
Efe
Stevenson

Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman
Horgan

Shaw
Kamberi

I hope Whittaker is no where near the team

truehibernian
14-12-2018, 05:19 PM
I hope Whittaker is no where near the team

At full back, agreed, but SW can still be very effective in a defensive midfield role. He's a good player and still decent.

Springbank
15-12-2018, 07:06 AM
not a game for Stevie mallan

rocky

efe
daz
Porteous
stevenson

milligan
bartley

Boyle
hyndman
horgan

Flo

JimBHibees
15-12-2018, 07:11 AM
If Hanlon is fit I’d move Efe into right back and play Porteous and Hanlon, with Lewis making up a back four. I’d play Whittaker in front of the centre pairing, and then a straight four in midfield where Celtic enjoy bulk of possession and try and shift it wide. Mallon, Hyndman, Horgan, with Slivka supporting Kamberi.

4-1-4-1. With the lack of pace and width this weekend we really need to get tight to Rogic and McGregor in particular in the central area. Quite fancy Slivka to score as he raises his game in these ties. Horgan needs to defend better too if he’s a starter - Forrest is at the top of his game and Lewis will need help on that flank.

We do need to have some defensive balance in midfield as some of the other players Silvka Mallon Horgan are poor defensively so possibility of being ripped apart with their movement. Whether that is Whittaker or Milligan not sure.

bingo70
15-12-2018, 07:13 AM
not a game for Stevie mallan

rocky

efe
daz
Porteous
stevenson

milligan
bartley

Boyle
hyndman
horgan

Flo

Milligan and Bartley both injured, Boyle is also extremely doubtful.

I would say it’s the right game for mallan though as strikes from distance are probably our best chance of scoring.

I’d go with-

Rocky

Efe
Daz
Porteous
Lewis

Whittaker
Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman

Shaw
Kamberi

Diamond midfield.

Not the perfect 11 but with the injuries we’ve got it’s not an easy side to pick.

Sir David Gray
15-12-2018, 07:21 AM
I think we can just name a recognisable first XI at the moment.

God knows who's going to be on our bench tomorrow though. Are Neil Lennon, Gary Parker and Eddie May all able to register as players?

theonlywayisup
16-12-2018, 09:29 AM
It says a lot that with so many players out injured, hardly anyone is putting Whittaker in their team.

IMO, if he's fit, he'll play as we are really struggling at the moment with players that are fit. There's no way Lennon is going to pick a development player ahead of Whittaker.

I really hope that if he does play, that the 'moaners' get off his back whenever he makes his first mistake. Our team needs their support at this difficult time.

we are hibs
16-12-2018, 09:31 AM
It says a lot that with so many players out injured, hardly anyone is putting Whittaker in their team.

IMO, if he's fit, he'll play as we are really struggling at the moment with players that are fit. There's no way Lennon is going to pick a development player ahead of Whittaker.

I really hope that if he does play, that the 'moaners' get off his back whenever he makes his first mistake. Our team needs their support at this difficult time.

It would be lunacy to play Whittaker at right back. He was subbed at half time in his last game there as he was being ripped apart from the killie winger

Billy Whizz
16-12-2018, 09:32 AM
It would be lunacy to play Whittaker at right back. He was subbed at half time in his last game there as he was being ripped apart from the killie winger

He was playing as a wing back against Killie, not a right back. There were a lot worse than him that day
He’s a steady defensive right back, but not got the legs anymore to be a wing back

MWHIBBIES
16-12-2018, 09:34 AM

So was Darren McGregor. He gave away a penalty, not Whittaker. Would it be lunacy to play him?

we are hibs
16-12-2018, 09:42 AM
So was Darren McGregor. He gave away a penalty, not Whittaker. Would it be lunacy to play him?

McGregor is better than whittaker.

Keyser Sauzee
16-12-2018, 09:44 AM
McGregor is better than whittaker.

On current form that’s debatable

I'm_cabbaged
16-12-2018, 09:46 AM
The thought of whitty against Sinclair gives me nightmares!

hibsbollah
16-12-2018, 09:57 AM
The thought of whitty against Sinclair gives me nightmares!

That won't happen. Lennons not stupid, no way he'll leave Whittaker out there alone to deal with Celtics pace on their left side.

EH54
16-12-2018, 10:05 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Whittaker start at centre half today!

hfc rd
16-12-2018, 10:08 AM
I’ve been struggling to think of a starting XI for this game due to the number of injuries we currently have.

hibsbollah
16-12-2018, 10:12 AM
Marciano
Efe Porteous Mcgregor
Shaw Kamberi

I think this makes most sense. Really tough to pick a team

Billy Whizz
16-12-2018, 10:21 AM
Celtic team now up, a few expected changes

davhibby
16-12-2018, 10:21 AM
Despite the fact he's not been great overall since coming back, Whittaker started all 3 of the games we didn't lose to celtic last season. So maybe it's a good omen

flash
16-12-2018, 10:25 AM
Celtic team now up, a few expected changes

and a couple unexpected.

hibsbollah
16-12-2018, 10:29 AM
Horgan needs to show up today.

teabag
STARTING XI | Marciano, Whittaker, Ambrose, Porteous, Stevenson, Slivka, Mallan, Hyndman, Horgan, Shaw, Kamberi.

SUBS | Bogdan, McGregor, Nelom, Mackie, Gullan, Maclaren, Allan.

BoomtownHibees
Horgan needs to show up today.

Done well when he came on last week so more of the same required

Stuart93
Doesn’t look to be anyone in the midfield who’ll put a challenge in

Nor anyone to take the game by the scruff of the neck if it’s not going well

BoomtownHibees
16-12-2018, 10:33 AM
Doesn’t look to be anyone in the midfield who’ll put a challenge in

Nor anyone to take the game by the scruff of the neck if it’s not going well

Who would u suggest? Only other way I thought might have been Whittaker in midfield, Efe at right back and Mcgregor back in but apart from that we are pretty light on options

flash
16-12-2018, 10:38 AM
Best team available today.

hibsbollah
16-12-2018, 10:40 AM
Done well when he came on last week so more of the same required

Has he had a dominating 90 mins though? We need someone actually running at defences from midfield again.

I'm_cabbaged
16-12-2018, 11:09 AM
That won't happen. Lennons not stupid, no way he'll leave Whittaker out there alone to deal with Celtics pace on their left side.

😂

hibsbollah
16-12-2018, 11:12 AM
😂

I know.:loser:

I'm_cabbaged
16-12-2018, 11:14 AM
I know.:loser:

Might be a back 3 though?

hibsbollah
16-12-2018, 11:16 AM
Might be a back 3 though?

I think he'll have a plan to deal with wide left.

H18 SFR
16-12-2018, 11:20 AM
Sinclair vs Whittaker - give me strength, that's even with an out of form Sinclair.

theonlywayisup
16-12-2018, 03:03 PM

Lunacy! What's your thoughts now?