PDA

View Full Version : Safety net behind the goal

Carheenlea
08-12-2018, 06:15 PM
I cant recall this from the last time I was at Hamilton, but was surprised the safety net behind the goal to catch stray shots was a permanent fixture - assumed the thing would be dropped after the pre match warm up. I was up the back so it didn't obstruct my view, but did this impede the viewing further down the stand? I think its safe to say the view from the disabled section must have been awful.

SChibs
08-12-2018, 06:28 PM
I cant recall this from the last time I was at Hamilton, but was surprised the safety net behind the goal to catch stray shots was a permanent fixture - assumed the thing would be dropped after the pre match warm up. I was up the back so it didn't obstruct my view, but did this impede the viewing further down the stand? I think its safe to say the view from the disabled section must have been awful.

I thought it may have been there for health and safety reasons due to the food being sold at open windows behind the the goal. Stray shots going towards hot drinks wouldn't be great.

kaimendhibs
08-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Put me in mind of cowdenbeath.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

BullsCloseHibs
08-12-2018, 06:38 PM
Do Hamilton still have those pathetic gazebos? 😁

Sir David Gray
08-12-2018, 06:43 PM

It was definitely there last season as well. It's bad enough in the disabled section there but this just makes it worse. Horrible ground.

EL Green
08-12-2018, 06:43 PM

Yup, sitting in row B behind the goals, I also thought it would be dropped once the match started. Better still thrown over Bobby Madden, drawn tight and dropped into the sea.

Scotty Leither
08-12-2018, 07:02 PM
Yup, sitting in row B behind the goals, I also thought it would be dropped once the match started. Better still thrown over Bobby Madden, drawn tight and dropped into the sea.

😂 ***** floats, though.

Carheenlea
08-12-2018, 07:11 PM
It was definitely there last season as well. It's bad enough in the disabled section there but this just makes it worse. Horrible ground.

This is exactly the sort of issue that fans reps should be highlighting with the rest of the board, and to register dissatisfaction with the facilities offered to disabled supporters at grounds such as this. They have a huge expanse of free space round the ground to provide better facilities for disabled supporters than those that are currently offered.

Sir David Gray
08-12-2018, 07:15 PM
This is exactly the sort of issue that fans reps should be highlighting with the rest of the board, and to register dissatisfaction with the facilities offered to disabled supporters at grounds such as this. They have a huge expanse of free space round the ground to provide better facilities for disabled supporters than those that are currently offered.

I noticed for the first time today that their own wheelchair section in the main stand is actually halfway up in their stand and would have a perfect view of the pitch. Compare that with the shambles of a view they give the away fans in wheelchairs, it's really not good enough.

givescotlandfreedom
08-12-2018, 07:18 PM
One of them was in row B too so will be aware.

scm70nyd1973
09-12-2018, 12:09 AM
I thought it may have been there for health and safety reasons due to the food being sold at open windows behind the the goal. Stray shots going towards hot drinks wouldn't be great.

Mibbies a net in front of the food sale area would be better - smaller and cheaper .