PDA

View Full Version : Emerson Hyndman

HibeeHibernian4
08-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Deserves a thread of his own for that performance, came on at half time and we looked so much better going forward. Has to start against Celtic now IMO.

murray26
08-12-2018, 05:22 PM
100 % he would start every week for me.. great wee player I would love to keep.

cabbage_88
08-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Outstanding when he came on, completely changed the game. Looked good to actually have a midfield in the second half today. Horgan played his part too done well and great ball. Slivka was class second half as well.

Smartie
08-12-2018, 05:33 PM
I like him and think he's a really good player.

It's a bit of a mystery to me how he hasn't done more for us.

Keith_M
08-12-2018, 05:34 PM
:agree:

Made a big difference and should start next weekend.

Jones28
08-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Hopefully that sound I'm hearing is pennies dropping for a lot of Hibs fans wondering what he does.

jeffers
08-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Wasn't there today so can't comment but let's not rewrite the past few months where he has been in the main poor and ineffective. Another who clearly has ability but hasn't shown anywhere near enough.

Gmack7
08-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Hopefully that sound I'm hearing is pennies dropping for a lot of Hibs fans wondering what he does.

Thecpenny would need to drop with Lennon 1st.he doesnt play him when others are available

Jones28
08-12-2018, 05:41 PM
Thecpenny would need to drop with Lennon 1st.he doesnt play him when others are available

He's been injured.

Gmack7
08-12-2018, 05:47 PM
He's been injured.

I know that.but he hasn't always picked him when fit.
he's had 1 and a half great games v Hamilton and a few other decent spells.
i relly hope he kicks on but up to now he hasn't done enough

MSK
08-12-2018, 05:54 PM
i relly hope he kicks on but up to now he hasn't done enoughThat could also be an agreement with Bournemouth though, he is rated at millions so unless he is near to 100% then they may have advised he doesnt play, he is their investment after all

Gmack7
08-12-2018, 05:58 PM
Rated at millions. really??
he should be 1st name on our team sheet

The_Horde
08-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Wasn't there today so can't comment but let's not rewrite the past few months where he has been in the main poor and ineffective. Another who clearly has ability but hasn't shown anywhere near enough.

Whilst I agree that he's not been amazing. We've really struggled without him for 7 games and he's come back in today and we've won. So there must be something he brings to the team.

He was class in the Aberdeen game when we pumped them 0-0.

jeffers
08-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Whilst I agree that he's not been amazing. We've really struggled without him for 7 games and he's come back in today and we've won. So there must be something he brings to the team.

He was class in the Aberdeen game when we pumped them 0-0.

Not having a go at you but that would be another player who gets better the longer he is out the side. When he signed and heard what the Huns thought about him coupled with his YouTube video I was delighted but with the odd exception he's not shown that form anywhere near enough. Agree though re Aberdeen game he was excellent in that.

The_Horde
08-12-2018, 06:07 PM
Not having a go at you but that would be another player who gets better the longer he is out the side. When he signed and heard what the Huns thought about him coupled with his YouTube video I was delighted but with the odd exception he's not shown that form anywhere near enough. Agree though re Aberdeen game he was excellent in that.

I actually agree with you. He's flattered to deceive and I'd have had him sent back but you can't argue that our record with him in the side is better than our record without.

So whether he's class or it's simply that his presence brings us better balance or opens up space for others, there's definitely something.

Jones28
08-12-2018, 06:08 PM
i relly hope he kicks on but up to now he hasn't done enough

Against Aberdeen in the league cup he showed enough for me.

MSK
08-12-2018, 06:10 PM
Rated at millions. really??
he should be 1st name on our team sheetWhen celtc thought McGregor was on his way out they looked at Hyndman on the back of his the rangers performances, Bournemouth valued him at £12m

Keyser Sauzee
08-12-2018, 06:12 PM
When celtc thought McGregor was on his way out they looked at Hyndman on the back of his the rangers performances, Bournemouth valued him at £12m

When was McGregor on the way out?

jeffers
08-12-2018, 06:12 PM
I actually agree with you. He's flattered to deceive and I'd have had him sent back but you can't argue that our record with him in the side is better than our record without.

So whether he's class or it's simply that his presence brings us better balance or opens up space for others, there's definitely something.
I didn't know that but I'm not convinced him playing in the past 8 games would have ended up with better results. Maybe he's just a lucky omen 😀

Lago
08-12-2018, 06:15 PM

Between the two of you it didn't take long to bring back a feeling of absolute dejection re Hibs performance.:confused:

Sir David Gray
08-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Against Aberdeen in the league cup he showed enough for me.

He was brilliant that night.

The_Horde
08-12-2018, 06:21 PM
Between the two of you it didn't take long to bring back a feeling of absolute dejection re Hibs performance.:confused:

If me being honest was enough to spoil your evening, I feel sorry for you.

Lago
08-12-2018, 06:23 PM
If me being honest was enough to spoil your evening, I feel sorry for you.
Don't, try & look on the bright side of life, you might surprise yourself & others.

MSK
08-12-2018, 06:23 PM
When was McGregor on the way out?Couple of seasons back, just before he established himself in the celtc team, they thought they were losing him down south and had enquired about Emerson, obv they bolted when Bournemouth priced Hyndman out, prob because a couple of German teams and Spurs were waiting in the wings

Onion
08-12-2018, 06:25 PM
Played really well and made a difference when he came on.

But let's not kid ourselves, Hamilton's midfield is probably as bad as we'll meet this season. They're awful. We didn't need a DM today and all our creative players had more time and space that they've had in weeks. His value will be shown against better opposition and over more than 1 game.

The_Horde
08-12-2018, 06:27 PM

But let's not kid ourselves, Hamilton's midfield is probably as bad as we'll meet this season. They're awful. We didn't need a DM today and all our creative players had more time and space that they've had in weeks. His value will be shown against better opposition and over more than 1 game.

So we didn't need Stevenson in DM today then? We'll just play with 10 next time. Be that easy.

Hibbyradge
08-12-2018, 06:28 PM

Eh?

His comments were positive.

California-Hibs
08-12-2018, 06:46 PM
Deserves a thread of his own for that performance, came on at half time and we looked so much better going forward. Has to start against Celtic now IMO.

Big well done to Neil Lennon too huh?... 😉

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-12-2018, 06:51 PM

Big difference actually seeing what a player can do rather than hearing about he maybe able to do.

SquashedFrogg
08-12-2018, 06:54 PM
Big difference actually seeing what a player can do rather than hearing about he maybe able to do.

I think we have all seen what he can do before today? For me he just needs a run in the team.

Carheenlea
08-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Hyndman, along with Horgan gave us what we were lacking in that first half. The tempo was upped, we were more direct with the passing and there was more of a zip to the play. Still not vintage Hibs, but a step in the right direction all the same. Delighted with the win
:flag:

Keith_M
08-12-2018, 07:06 PM

Yep, I'm delighted we won, and hope it brings confidence to the team, but Hamilton are by far the worst side I've seen Hibs play this season.

But for a very strange decision by the ref to not award a stonewall penalty, coupled with some poor finishing in the 2nd half, we could have won by a few goals today.

Lago
08-12-2018, 07:09 PM
Eh?

His comments were positive.
Back handed complement.

SChibs
08-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Exactly what we have been missing, a link between the midfield and strikers.

Lago
08-12-2018, 07:35 PM
Exactly what we have been missing, a link between the midfield and strikers.
Exactly, well said.:aok:

Scotty Leither
08-12-2018, 07:42 PM
Much better balance today when Hyndman came on and played old-fashioned inside-left position with Slivka on right.

I like to see Hibs players that are comfy on the ball.

Gorgeous and Efe complemented each other well, too. Big test next week, though.

Walter
08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
An £8M player easily

WeveGotMcginn
08-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Much better balance today when Hyndman came on and played old-fashioned inside-left position with Slivka on right.

I like to see Hibs players that are comfy on the ball.

Gorgeous and Efe complemented each other well, too. Big test next week, though.

I know big porto is a good looking laddie but less of the flirting scotty [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
08-12-2018, 08:22 PM
I know big porto is a good looking laddie but less of the flirting scotty [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't be so homophobic!

:wink:

Jones28
08-12-2018, 08:27 PM

He's already shown it.

calumhibee1
08-12-2018, 08:31 PM
He's already shown it.

Not anywhere near enough he hadn’t. Hopefully the start of him kicking on but I’d still go for Allan ahead of him in January.

Jones28
08-12-2018, 08:38 PM
Not anywhere near enough he hadn’t. Hopefully the start of him kicking on but I’d still go for Allan ahead of him in January.

Yes he had. He was injured when he was coming into his prime.

Hi Heid Yin
08-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Today was the day when I actually noticed Hyndman was playing for us.

His previous insipid and invisible performances were quickly forgotten as he stood out like a beacon in that 2nd half.

Well done for a great performance.

calumhibee1
08-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Yes he had. He was injured when he was coming into his prime.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Before today I felt he'd had maybe 2 games of decent performances with the rest being absolutely anonymous.

Sir David Gray
08-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Today was the day when I actually noticed Hyndman was playing for us.

His previous insipid and invisible performances were quickly forgotten as he stood out like a beacon in that 2nd half.

Well done for a great performance.

As mentioned earlier, he was outstanding against Aberdeen in the penalty shootout defeat.

Hi Heid Yin
08-12-2018, 08:58 PM
As mentioned earlier, he was outstanding against Aberdeen in the penalty shootout defeat.

Getting him to match todays efforts is now the next big challenge for him...occasional good performances are not enough if we want our club to be seriously pushing for a European slot.

Jones28
08-12-2018, 09:01 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree. Before today I felt he'd had maybe 2 games of decent performances with the rest being absolutely anonymous.

He flitted in and out of some games but we've undoubtedly played our best stuff when he's been in the side. That's why Lennon brought him in. To be the Scott Allan we need.

Hiber-nation
08-12-2018, 09:14 PM
He's had 2 great games, both against Hamilton. Let's see him push on and hopefully perform like that in the next few games. The laddie has got bags of ability.

EL Green
08-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Changed the game today, well done. :flag:

heretoday
08-12-2018, 10:33 PM
I like Hyndman. He's quite classy.

Hi Heid Yin
08-12-2018, 10:36 PM

I suspect that there are none who would not want to see Allan back at ER...regardless of who is here at present performing/not performing.

SirDavidsNapper
08-12-2018, 10:42 PM

Why would you want Allan in January? He's not played all season. He'd be so far off the pace it would be like playing with 10 men. Better sticking with Hyndman now.

Hi Heid Yin
08-12-2018, 10:46 PM
Why would you want Allan in January? He's not played all season. He'd be so far off the pace it would be like playing with 10 men. Better sticking with Hyndman now.

Good points, but we can worry about "getting him up to speed" after we "get him".

I'm sure there will be other pursuers.

calumhibee1
08-12-2018, 10:51 PM

Hyndman has hardly played either. Or at least not consistently. I’m not sure it would take that long to get Scott Allan up to speed compared to Hyndman who’s been stop start all season anyway.

monktonharp
08-12-2018, 11:06 PM
Why would you want Allan in January? He's not played all season. He'd be so far off the pace it would be like playing with 10 men. Better sticking with Hyndman now.:rolleyes:you mad? any Hibbie and their Granny would take Allan.in a flash , maybe except you.
?

MWHIBBIES
08-12-2018, 11:21 PM
Hyndman has hardly played either. Or at least not consistently. I’m not sure it would take that long to get Scott Allan up to speed compared to Hyndman who’s been stop start all season anyway.
It could take Allan a long time to get up to speed. No games in 6 months mixed with his diabetes and it could take him 4/5 weeks to get ready. He's worth it of course but throwing him in right away could lead to injury.

lord bunberry
08-12-2018, 11:36 PM
The problem with Hyndman has been his inconsistency. If he could reproduce his best performances, he’d be a first pick. He’s a bit like Slivka in that respect. It’s one great game and two poor games. He has to start next week, but he also has to produce again.

AZhibee
09-12-2018, 01:46 AM
🇺🇸
:flag:

makaveli1875
09-12-2018, 10:48 AM

We only have Hyndman until January

Famous Fiver
09-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Hopefully Scott Allan has been working away diligently despite not getting first team action and could very quickly 'get up to speed'

A half pace, half fit Allan would play in my Hibs team any day of the week.

Iggy Pope
09-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Hyndman was great yesterday and his efforts had an immediate effect on those around him including the hoards behind the goal. Between him and Porteous for MOM for me.
Horgan also made an impact when he appeared.

Hibees1973
09-12-2018, 09:50 PM
Not convinced....needs to stay injury free and have a consistent run of good games in the team before Lennon should consider an extension to the loan deal.

Ronniekirk
09-12-2018, 10:13 PM
Not convinced....needs to stay injury free and have a consistent run of good games in the team before Lennon should consider an extension to the loan deal.

Lennon has already said that

Hibee Mac
09-12-2018, 11:11 PM
Allan was half fit last season and look what he did for us. Take him in a heartbeat

Hi Heid Yin
09-12-2018, 11:14 PM
The problem with Hyndman has been his inconsistency. If he could reproduce his best performances, he’d be a first pick. He’s a bit like Slivka in that respect. It’s one great game and two poor games. He has to start next week, but he also has to produce again.

more like 1 decent game followed by 5 poor one's.

The_Horde
09-12-2018, 11:55 PM
Allan was half fit last season and look what he did for us. Take him in a heartbeat

No he wasn't. He'd had plenty games for Dundee.

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2018, 12:03 AM
more like 1 decent game followed by 5 poor one's.

I'll name Hyndmans good games and you name the 5 poor ones that followed okay.

Aberdeen in the league cup quarter final

truehibernian
10-12-2018, 12:26 AM

I like Hyndman bud, has a touch of class about him and is on a par with Allan regards vision and eye for a pass - but I also think he has a touch of Dylan about him regarding injuries............interesting he is back fit when we are about to face the biggest teams in the league and there will be TV exposure.......call me cynical but I think he needs to toughen up and show he is up for a cold night in Dundee, Fir Park and Perth. There's a few in the squad I think need to toughen up and not think a wee tweak means four or five games out :agree: you look at the likes of Lewy and think how on earth can a wee guy like that play through the pain barrier and still give 100% - some need to look at the likes of him and Paul Hanlon and get these 'injuries' out their head. When these guys are injured, they are injured.

Hi Heid Yin
10-12-2018, 12:47 AM

It was actually Slivka I was referring to, but can see how you thought Hyndman.

In Hyndmans case I've already commented on him (praised him actually for his last performance) in another post.

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2018, 07:04 AM
It was actually Slivka I was referring to, but can see how you thought Hyndman.

In Hyndmans case I've already commented on him (praised him actually for his last performance) in another post.

Good lord, it's even less the case with Slivka.

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2018, 07:22 AM
It does not matter if it's Hyndman, Slivka or any other of the players we have or have brought in, none of them are McGinn, McGeouch, Allan or even Barker.

They are all being unfairly compared to them, and we were never going to be able to replace those players with similar, never mind better.

I'm sure we can get back to challenging for Europe, but it is going to take more than one transfer window, and this is why i feel we need to hold our nerves and get right behind the manager and his team.

Hibee Mac
10-12-2018, 08:43 AM
No he wasn't. He'd had plenty games for Dundee.

Forgot about that!...