PDA

View Full Version : Hibs win: now get the eff off Neil Lennon's back!

CathroMustStay
08-12-2018, 05:11 PM
In Lennon we trust!

GGTTH!

Wilson
08-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Steady on.

Centre Hawf
08-12-2018, 05:13 PM
In Lennon we trust!

GGTTH!

Needs to build on this first.

The 90+2
08-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Why does it have to be an arguement? Now we’ve won let’s all be together behind the team and the management.

marinello59
08-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Hibs win so let’s not enjoy it, let’s start an argument. :rolleyes:

jacomo
08-12-2018, 05:16 PM

:agree:

Couldn’t agree more. Pointlessly combative thread title.

Enjoy your evening everybody and chill out, please.

HibeeHibernian4
08-12-2018, 05:18 PM
I’m very pleased we won and long may it continue, but the phrase one swallow does not a summer make springs to mind...

neil7908
08-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Let's see who does the press conference (joke BTW)

GreenLake
08-12-2018, 05:22 PM

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
Football fans in emotional reaction to a bad run shocker.

Managers know the job they are in; win a few games and you are a hero, lose a few and you're a dud. It's been like that forever and a day.

One result doesn’t hide the fundamental issues but ok.

stoneyburn hibs
08-12-2018, 05:23 PM
I’m very pleased we won and long may it continue, but the phrase one swallow does not a summer make springs to mind...

Not many cowards at Hibs today.

stoneyburn hibs
08-12-2018, 05:23 PM

Gutted much ?

Prof. Shaggy
08-12-2018, 05:24 PM
I can't see the problem with the thread.

Not at all, in fact.

lord bunberry
I agree with the op. There’s some posters who won’t be seen tonight because we won.

One Day Soon
Gutted much ?

Absolutely spewing.

Heckys Wheel

You’re raging eh? 😂

bawheid
08-12-2018, 05:26 PM

Saturday night absolutely ruined!

Here’s Lucy!
08-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Chuffed to get the win but, it was Hamilton FFS.

murray26
08-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Chuffed to get the win but, it was Hamilton FFS.

That probably made it even more important

SirDavidsNapper
08-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Will take more than a 1-0 win over Hamilton to change my mind about Lennon

Here’s Lucy!
08-12-2018, 05:35 PM

With you 100%. :aok:

we are hibs
08-12-2018, 05:35 PM

Exactly. Good result but it didn't exactly sound like an inspiring performance. It's a win and a clean sheet though and we need to somehow try and take something next Sunday and then build on it.

stoneyburn hibs
08-12-2018, 05:36 PM

Maybe not, relax and enjoy the win.

HibeeHibernian4
08-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Not many cowards at Hibs today.

If my first thought after a much needed win that every Hibs fan is delighted with was to log onto a forum and take a pop at someone’s (harsh but not unjustifiable) comment from last Saturday and Wednesday, I’d be wondering how much I actually support Hibs or whether I’m just Lennon’s personal firefighter.

I don’t mind revising the coward comment, but if he comes out and does the interview now, it’s definitely the mark of a person who’s a bit petulant and ungracious in defeat, no?

Again, to re-emphasise this before posters start trying to jump down my throat, I had no intention of logging on to slate Lennon tonight, I thought the line-up was a bit strange personally and we didn’t really get going until the second half, but it was a good showing overall.

But to see the top thread when I come on essentially be “we’ve won 1-0 against the team who just lost 4-0 to BC Dundee, put up or shut up” is a bit depressing. Just enjoy the win, lads. I walked away from the ground positively beaming compared to recent weeks.

Keith_M
08-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Nae need

:rolleyes:

Hibees1973
08-12-2018, 05:40 PM
I mentioned on Hibs net last week that I’d be happy with 4 points from our games against St Mirren and Hamilton, given the form we are in.

Now for a few big games coming up. Celtic have their Euro game midweek which may take the edge off them when they play us on Sunday. Would be chuffed with a point from this...bit of a long shot.

Then Der Hun on 19th under the lights at ER....really looking forward to this. Surely we will have Gray back by then (need an update from Lennon on him).

Today’s result means we are now looking up the table, than down.

Don’t feel we are out of the woods yet but even against Hamilton to keep a clean sheet was great.

Hope Lennon gets a new striker, centre half and a couple of creative midfielders (including a Scott Allan) in the transfer window.

Wilson
08-12-2018, 05:50 PM
I can't see the problem with the thread.

Not at all, in fact.

I doubt you see much in that case.

lyonhibs
08-12-2018, 05:54 PM
This is like a vortex of people clambering atop each other to be the one that yells "I told you so" the loudest :faf:

We won away on that ****ty pitch and dug in. Well done Hibs and well done Lennon.

We won, which makes it 1 win in 8 with some seriously tough games to come. Improvement still very much needed from both the players and management, and they'll know that as much as anyone.

See, not that hard is it?

The 90+2
08-12-2018, 05:56 PM
Must have been difficult for you today eh wi hibs winning, ****ing grow a set and get behind the team !!

Exactly the responses the OP was trolling for.

Danderhall Hibs
08-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Why does it have to be an arguement? Now we’ve won let’s all be together behind the team and the management.

Is it only if we win that we can get behind the team and manager? I think it’d be great if we could do it all the time.

Wilson
08-12-2018, 06:00 PM
This is like a vortex of people clambering atop each other to be the one that yells "I told you so" :faf:

We won away on that ****ty pitch and dug in. Well done Hibs and well done Lennon.

We won, which makes it 1 win in 8 with some seriously tough games to come. Improvement still very much needed from both the players and management, and they'll know that as much as anyone.

It didn't need to be. We could have all taken the win and enjoyed our evening.

I voted in the 20% but I'm happy to see the team win and as such took the win for what it was. A well earned and dug out three points.

This thread invites people to knock the team down when we should all enjoy it and hope it is the first rung on our way back to the top.

That's what is wrong with this thread. Nothing is proven and we aren't 'back'. We're a step in the right direction and that's a good excuse for a dram.

08-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Must have been difficult for you today eh wi hibs winning, ****ing grow a set and get behind the team !!

I was behind the team at the match today while you were following updates on teletext

One Day Soon
08-12-2018, 06:04 PM
It didn't need to be. We could have all taken the win and enjoyed our evening.

I voted in the 20% but I'm happy to see the team win and as such took the win for what it was. A well earned and dug out three points.

This thread invites people to knock the team down when we should all enjoy it and hope it is the first rung on our way back to the top.

That's what us wrong with this thread. Nothing is proven and we aren't 'back'. We're a step in the right direction and that's a good excuse for a dram.

Not so sure about that. In the broad sense you're correct, there's a road still to travel. On the other hand the one thing that may be proven by today is the question of the dressing room. It souned like there was real spirit in evidence so that much at least can perhaps be put to bed.

JohnMcM
08-12-2018, 06:07 PM
Well, I for one am happy with this much needed win. The team, the management and we fans needed that today. Let's hope it's a kick-on for us all.

:flag:

Wilson
08-12-2018, 06:18 PM
Not so sure about that. In the broad sense you're correct, there's a road still to travel. On the other hand the one thing that may be proven by today is the question of the dressing room. It souned like there was real spirit in evidence so that much at least can perhaps be put to bed.

Yes. Even coming from behind against St. Mirren. A bit if heart and no sign of having 'chucked it'.

Fair enough.

Keith_M
08-12-2018, 07:08 PM
Eh ?

I wasn't replying to you, just the thread in general.

Borderhibbie76
08-12-2018, 07:17 PM
Much needed win today and I thought the 2nd 45 was the best we've played in weeks...we looked good on the ball and comfortable at the back. It's only 1 win and only Hamiton but it's a start with tougher tests ahead in next few weeks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
08-12-2018, 07:21 PM
Nobody was Lennon`s back this afternoon. Had a couple of supportive chants before most of the stand rose to cheer him when he made his way onto the pitch to check on Boyle`s injury and chanted his name. People getting on Lennon`s back has probably been restricted mostly to online forums and social media rather than at the games. So far at least.

Captain Trips
08-12-2018, 07:22 PM
Clarke Out

WhileTheChief..
08-12-2018, 07:23 PM
Delighted for Lennon and the players.

Lets kick on from here.

EH54
08-12-2018, 07:40 PM
These posts are actually worse! Hibs win so let's put the boot into other 'supporters' people have the right to panic it's no wonder watching hibs all these years. Just because we scraped a win against Hamilton Accies doesn't mean everything is rosy. There's major improvements needed in January regardless. We face Celtic next. We're still more likely to lose 3 or 4 zip than beat them. Where as last season we would be fancying our chances. The line up today looked so weak compared to last season and last season is exactly what we should be aiming for. Let's hope we get the signings we crave in January. Can enjoy our beers tonight though. Well done to Oli Shaw.

SquashedFrogg
08-12-2018, 07:55 PM
Delighted for Lennon and the players.

Lets kick on from here.

100%

cmcd
08-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Im an away season ticket holder as a couple of posters on here can confirm. I’m on the train home now after having a couple of pints to celebrate the win. Hope you got all your Xmas shopping done this afternoon pal.

You two need an early night.Lets get behind the team win draw or lose (when they need the support most .Bickering and name calling on here is over the top.IN MY Opinion

theonlywayisup
08-12-2018, 08:02 PM
Im an away season ticket holder as a couple of posters on here can confirm. I’m on the train home now after having a couple of pints to celebrate the win. Hope you got all your Xmas shopping done this afternoon pal.

Gosh, I hate these I'm better than you type posts.

You're entitled to your opinion, irrespective of how many games you go to.

My_Wife_Camille
08-12-2018, 08:07 PM
One win after a bad run doesn’t automatically make everything rosey again, just like one defeat after a good run doesn’t make everything awful.

We got the three points today and stopped the bleeding. It’s a good start but now it’s time to build on it, continuing with what will hopefully be a good result against Celtic next week. If we can manage take 5 or so points from the Old Firm games then we’ll have gone some way to making up for the disappointments of the last couple of months

MSK
08-12-2018, 08:09 PM
From an objective point of view, you, ironically, appear to be the one absolutely raging after today’s win, not the poster you’re accusing.Im delighted with the win, as I am with every win, Im a positive person, go compare my previous to said other posters then compare your objectivity 👍

calumhibee1
08-12-2018, 08:33 PM
One win after a bad run doesn’t automatically make everything rosey again, just like one defeat after a good run doesn’t make everything awful.

We got the three points today and stopped the bleeding. It’s a good start but now it’s time to build on it, continuing with what will hopefully be a good result against Celtic next week. If we can manage take 5 or so points from the Old Firm games then we’ll have gone some way to making up for the disappointments of the last couple of months

I predicted 8 points at the start of this month which I wouldn’t have been particularly happy with. We’re on 4, good result today but plenty work still to be done to put the run we’ve been on behind us.

SquashedFrogg
08-12-2018, 09:03 PM

I like your predictible style. Begrudging credit with the caveat of taking 5 points from old firm as being creditable. Knowing that's a tall order right now you've placed yourself nicely for the comming weeks.

Today we won. That is a good thing. Enjoy it. Please be optimistic and happy

My_Wife_Camille
08-12-2018, 09:25 PM
I like your predictible style. Begrudging credit with the caveat of taking 5 points from old firm as being creditable. Knowing that's a tall order right now you've placed yourself nicely for the comming weeks.

Deary me, writing the team off already before a ball is kicked? Can we not at least give them a chance before throwing in the towel and just meekly accepting that we can’t get anything from these games?

Im glad you’re not the manager. Thankfully Neil and the players will be going into these games with more faith than the likes of you who are so keen to see us fail.

heretoday
08-12-2018, 09:34 PM
Beat Celtic next week and we could find ourselves in sixth!

Pretty Boy
08-12-2018, 09:49 PM
Deary me, writing the team off already before a ball is kicked? Can we not at least give them a chance before throwing in the towel and just meekly accepting that we can’t get anything from these games?

Im glad you’re not the manager. Thankfully Neil and the players will be going into these games with more faith than the likes of you who are so keen to see us fail.

:faf:

It's funny coz it's true.

FRes Hibbie
08-12-2018, 09:54 PM

No chance we'll get five points.

jacomo
08-12-2018, 10:17 PM
This is like a vortex of people clambering atop each other to be the one that yells "I told you so" the loudest :faf:

The ‘I said this ages ago’ mentality is so deeply boring, but football fans of every stripe have long been susceptible to this kind of behaviour.

Hi Heid Yin
08-12-2018, 10:19 PM

It will also take more than a 1-0 win over Hamilton to change my mind about Neil Lennon not being the manager to take us forward, to secure better quality players ( and leaders) in the January window and to lead us to a more exciting and rewarding (points wise) 2nd half of the season.

Hi Heid Yin
08-12-2018, 10:20 PM
Well, I for one am happy with this much needed win. The team, the management and we fans needed that today. Let's hope it's a kick-on for us all.

:flag:

:top marks

Hi Heid Yin
08-12-2018, 10:24 PM
Exactly. Good result but it didn't exactly sound like an inspiring performance. It's a win and a clean sheet though and we need to somehow try and take something next Sunday and then build on it.

Well, it was in fact an inspiring performance, in particular in the 2nd half..players were motivated, fighting, creating and generally working their socks off to get a win for our club, our supporters and, importantly, Neil Lennon.

Hi Heid Yin
08-12-2018, 10:29 PM

Good points.
I have a feeling that we will see a "fired up" Hibs against both Glasgow giants.

I still maintain that we have some good quality players on our books, and the thought of supplementing them with even better quality players (and not forgetting "leaders") gets me excited for the 2nd half of the season.

SquashedFrogg
08-12-2018, 10:38 PM

Im glad you’re not the manager. Thankfully Neil and the players will be going into these games with more faith than the likes of you who are so keen to see us fail.[/QUOTE]

I've spent god knows how long defending our team in recent weeks. Today again I supported the team at Hamilton. Perhaps I read your post as another negative one. Don't get too upset.

My_Wife_Camille
08-12-2018, 10:45 PM
:faf:

It's funny coz it's true.

No chance we'll get five points.

I've spent god knows how long defending our team in recent weeks. Today again I supported the team at Hamilton. Perhaps I read your post as another negative one. Don't get too upset.

At least someone got it :cb

CRAZYHIBBY
08-12-2018, 11:05 PM
We will get humped off celtic next week.....we need to invest in the squad.....that eaves guy scored again and we should defo make a move for shankland before hearts do

MWHIBBIES
08-12-2018, 11:18 PM
We will get humped off celtic next week.....we need to invest in the squad.....that eaves guy scored again and we should defo make a move for shankland before hearts do

Please don't bother coming next Sunday.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-12-2018, 11:34 PM
Please don't bother coming next Sunday.

Im not im painting one of the spare rooms and id rather watch it dry

MWHIBBIES
08-12-2018, 11:39 PM
Im not im painting one of the spare rooms and id rather watch it dryGood, your loser attitude is better off doing that.

cleanyman
09-12-2018, 12:04 AM
The coward chat was cringey and not Hibs class

Well done Lenny

Baldy Foghorn
09-12-2018, 08:52 AM
3 points is 3 points, how anyone could not enjoy that is beyond me

My_Wife_Camille
26-12-2018, 05:10 PM

This has aged just nicely :cb