PDA

View Full Version : We needed this

Fife-Hibee
08-12-2018, 05:10 PM
With the slump, loss of confidence and negativity surrounding Lennon, this is a big win away from home against a very seedy side. Hopefully we can build confidence on this and get something out of the Celtic game at home. It's just a shame Celtic are the next game, but a performance is a must, regardless of the result.

calumhibee1
08-12-2018, 05:15 PM
With the slump, loss of confidence and negativity surrounding Lennon, this is a big win away from home against a very seedy side. Hopefully we can build confidence on this and get something out of the Celtic game at home. It's just a shame Celtic are the next game, but a performance is a must, regardless of the result.

The last game you’d have wanted after a good win today but thems the breaks. Need to get some more wins on the board before the break.

Stuart93
08-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Really hoping we can kick on! Massive 3 points and done well to grind it out! Let’s hope the hibs are back

IDHibs
08-12-2018, 05:25 PM
The last game you’d have wanted after a good win today but thems the breaks. Need to get some more wins on the board before the break.

Would rather the Hun @ home next up but you're correct thems the breaks and we deal accordingly regardless. FWIW i think we could well do the Soapies !!! At least we face them coming off a win as IMHO had we lost today we would have been cannon fodder for them.

Cheers

Hibstrooper
08-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Celtic have a huge game in Europe on Thursday which gives us a great chance. Getting a win against Celtic will lift the mood massively

cleanyman
08-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Excellent victory

Any win away from home is

Keith_M
08-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Not a great performance but delighted we won.

Should have been ahead at half-time as that was a clear penalty.

rotherhamrob
08-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Tbh it could be a great fixture for us, they're in action on Thursday and will likely rest a couple of players, the lift we could get from beating them could be season changing.

Fife-Hibee
08-12-2018, 06:15 PM
Tbh it could be a great fixture for us, they're in action on Thursday and will likely rest a couple of players, the lift we could get from beating them could be season changing.

It's a tall order. Even Celtics B team or even C team are capable of wiping the floor with most clubs in the league. But even if we just turn in a performance, even if we lose. I'd like to see us go at them. I'd like to see somebody on the field taking charge and leading our attacks. We need to look like we actually have a plan because that's been lacking for too long.

HibeeHibernian4
08-12-2018, 06:17 PM
It's a tall order. Even Celtics B team or even C team are capable of wiping the floor with most clubs in the league. But even if we just turn in a performance, even if we lose. I'd like to see us go at them. I'd like to see somebody on the field taking charge and leading our attacks. We need to look like we actually have a plan because that's been lacking for too long.

Strongly disagree with your first part, they made 7 changes for their game at Motherwell and drew 1-1. If they make a few against us I’d be fancying a point.

Jones28
08-12-2018, 06:21 PM
We really did, and we deserved it today. Well done boys, we had to win today with a tough run of games coming up.

Fife-Hibee
08-12-2018, 06:27 PM
Strongly disagree with your first part, they made 7 changes for their game at Motherwell and drew 1-1. If they make a few against us I’d be fancying a point.

Any team Celtic put out are capable of having an off day. But any team they put out who plays to form will run circles around pretty much any other team in the league. Their squad oozes with quality that other teams just can't match finanically. Regardless of the team they put out, we're going to need to catch them on an off day.

Onion
08-12-2018, 06:38 PM
Nervy first half from both teams, who clearly lack confidence. But once Hibs went ahead, we never looked back. Players looked hungry for the ball, competed well and showed good levels of fitness too. Just the result we needed, and much more than a scrappy 1-0.:aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-12-2018, 12:43 PM
Three points from a game that we have not played well in, is a sign of a decent team. No matter how well or how badly we are playing, anything from Celtc is always a bonus, and as yesterday showed, the form team in the league got their @rses seriously felt from them. Getting no points, you have to accept, but getting no effort and application is never acceptable. Performance first