PDA

View Full Version : Niklas Gunnarsson

NikGunnarsson
07-12-2018, 08:19 AM
See his contract is now over and he is a free agent.

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsvenskan/dif-bekraftar-forsvarare-lamnar-foreningen/

IMO a no brainer, I know we have a good number of players in this area, but the likes of McGregor and Hanlon have not been good enough this season. Perfect cover for Sir David also.
He was also looked like he could get us a few goals at the other end as well?

(No bias involved😎)

NC1875
07-12-2018, 08:21 AM
Hi Niklas, how are you ?

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsvenskan/dif-bekraftar-forsvarare-lamnar-foreningen/

IMO a no brainer, I know we have a good number of players in this area, but the likes of McGregor and Hanlon have not been good enough this season. Perfect cover for Sir David also.

(No bias involved😎)

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 08:21 AM

(No bias involved😎)

Would definitely have a look at him if he’s available.

Jones28
07-12-2018, 08:23 AM
He's the kind of level we need. Can't help but feel our aging defence is only going to get more and more exposed this season and next.

SquashedFrogg
07-12-2018, 08:23 AM
I really liked him. Would be very happy to see him back.

MacGruber
07-12-2018, 08:43 AM
If it was a possibility it's a no brainer. Probably to high a stock now though, think he's been doing well

Weegreenman
07-12-2018, 08:46 AM
It was a bit of a shame that we didn’t give him a contract at the end of his loan spell. I really liked this guy. Big and strong, could launch a throw in quite a distance if my memory serves me right. Harry Potter will no doubt be sniffing about if he ever finds that out :greengrin

Diclonius
07-12-2018, 08:47 AM
Yes

lyonhibs
07-12-2018, 09:10 AM
An ex player I'd be delighted to see return.

Heisenberg
07-12-2018, 09:11 AM
Definitely. We need a right back and he would fit the bill. Could also play central defence from what I remember?

Onceinawhile
07-12-2018, 09:17 AM
Definitely. We need a right back and he would fit the bill. Could also play central defence from what I remember?

Yup.

If he's a free agent and he's within budget, lets get it done.

Also he was cool as ******.

Hermit Crab
07-12-2018, 09:21 AM
I'd take him back, I was disappointed when he wasn't kept on by us.

Smartie
07-12-2018, 09:27 AM
Yup.

If he's a free agent and he's within budget, lets get it done.

Also he was cool as ******.

Yep, good player, but does all this "cool" business not just stem from the fact that he was sporting a pretty dapper pair of sunglasses on the celebration bus?

neil7908
07-12-2018, 09:32 AM
We'd be crazy not to give him a deal until the end of the season at least.

EH54
07-12-2018, 09:35 AM
Yep get him in.

overdrive
07-12-2018, 09:38 AM
No brainer. Get him signed.

mentalhibee
07-12-2018, 09:47 AM
Get him signed, bring in a quality player and get a bit off the feel good factor back!

18Craig75
07-12-2018, 09:50 AM
Get him back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe6-2
07-12-2018, 09:53 AM
Make the move Hibs!

MWHIBBIES
07-12-2018, 10:02 AM
How had Hanlon not been good enough? He's had 2 poor games. Overall he's been very good this season.

BILLYHIBS
07-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Bring him home

Scottish Cup Winner 2016

My mate still convinced Gunnarsson scored the winner 🤔

Hibiza
07-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Yes , a class act :flag:

CLASS OF 72 -73
07-12-2018, 11:15 AM

(No bias involved😎)

Hanlon is just back from injury and has played his best football recently. His first two games back were not up to his standard and obviously still not up to speed. Your comment not being good enough is to be polite unfair.

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 11:16 AM
Please come back.

truehibernian
07-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Absolute no brainer if NG is available - class player, tall, fit, strong and athletic. Given the inconsistency and unreliability of Darren and DG (injury wise) then it would be a terrific addition. I think the summer could see a rebuild of that defence anyway to be honest. Far too many injuries to contend with which makes choosing a consistent back 3/4 really difficult to manage.

worcesterhibby
07-12-2018, 12:13 PM
yes please

CMurdoch
07-12-2018, 12:21 PM
Has played 65 games over 2 and a half years since leaving Hibs.
Only played 15 matches for Hibs in the Championship.
Played once for Norway in ............May 2016. What a month he had!

You would have thought if he was a good player his present club would want to extend his deal.
Not sure he is good enough for us but would certainly be better than Mavrias and is a very good professional at a good age (27). Would be delighted if we gave him a deal to the end of the season.

superfurryhibby
07-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Hanlon is just back from injury and has played his best football recently. His first two games back were not up to his standard and obviously still not up to speed. Your comment not being good enough is to be polite unfair.

I agree and I find it odd that anyone would write that kind of tripe. Hanlon is a class act, sadly he seems to have injury issues at the moment and was brought back into the side prematurely.

Gunnarson looked a decent player, albeit he never really seemed to establish himself in the team. He would undoubtedly be an asset now too. I’d be delighted to see him return.

MWHIBBIES
07-12-2018, 12:24 PM

You would have thought if he was a good player his present club would want to extend his deal.
Not sure he is good enough for us but would certainly be better than Mavrias and is a very good professional at a good age (27). Would be delighted if we gave him a deal to the end of the season.Mavrias has played one game?

lord bunberry
07-12-2018, 12:40 PM
He wasn’t a first pick for hibs in the championship. I really liked him, but the reason he didn’t stay was because he wasn’t guaranteed a game. I think people are remembering him more fondly due to our current woes. Having said that I wouldn’t say no to getting him back.

CMurdoch
07-12-2018, 12:40 PM
Mavrias has played one game?

A premature judgement right enough :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
07-12-2018, 01:11 PM
He wasn’t a first pick for hibs in the championship. I really liked him, but the reason he didn’t stay was because he wasn’t guaranteed a game. I think people are remembering him more fondly due to our current woes. Having said that I wouldn’t say no to getting him back.

Boyle wasn't a first pick either. Gunnar was definitely a quality player, an international, who we definitely shouldve kept. Would love him back now. Would offer far more than Whittaker and honestly, Gray, who has spent majority of the year injured.

hfc rd
07-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Versatile defender that we could definitely do with.

Hibee Mac
07-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Guy had a bit of quality about him, no brainer to bring him back our defence is ageing and we need younger guys in who can perform and improve further.

wookie70
07-12-2018, 06:11 PM
I'd rather we looked for a lefty.

bigwheel
07-12-2018, 06:55 PM

(No bias involved[emoji41])

Would be a first pick for us currently.

lord bunberry
07-12-2018, 06:57 PM
Boyle wasn't a first pick either. Gunnar was definitely a quality player, an international, who we definitely shouldve kept. Would love him back now. Would offer far more than Whittaker and honestly, Gray, who has spent majority of the year injured.
I’d love him back as well.

Nicho87
07-12-2018, 09:50 PM
Sign him

JimboHibs
07-12-2018, 10:21 PM
How had Hanlon not been good enough? He's had 2 poor games. Overall he's been very good this season.

I think if you were to ask Paul how his season is going doubt he would say 'I've been playing very good' he's been ok but nowhere near very good.

kaimendhibs
07-12-2018, 10:45 PM
Bring him back

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

The Modfather
07-12-2018, 11:02 PM
I seem to be in the miniority but can’t say I really remember much about Gunnarson other than I was at his debut away to Raith and he came on in the cup final.

That’s not to say he’s not a good player but can’t recall him leaving the same impression on me that he seems to have had on others.

Jumbo
07-12-2018, 11:26 PM

Not sure he is good enough for us but would certainly be better than Mavrias and is a very good professional at a good age (27). Would be delighted if we gave him a deal to the end of the season.

He was offered a new contract but turned them down, that’s why he was on bench for last few games of season.

MWHIBBIES
07-12-2018, 11:29 PM
I think if you were to ask Paul how his season is going doubt he would say 'I've been playing very good' he's been ok but nowhere near very good.

Since I don't have Paul's number I'll have to come to my own conclusions.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-12-2018, 12:57 AM
Sadly, I don’t think he’ll be back. Quality player!

BILLYHIBS
08-12-2018, 08:25 AM
I seem to be in the miniority but can’t say I really remember much about Gunnarson other than I was at his debut away to Raith and he came on in the cup final.

That’s not to say he’s not a good player but can’t recall him leaving the same impression on me that he seems to have had on others.

Scored in a dress rehearsal for the Scottish Cup Final versus the Hun at Easter Road in April 2016

Oh! HIBS won 3-2 :greengrin

Onceinawhile
08-12-2018, 08:31 AM
Scored in a dress rehearsal for the Scottish Cup Final versus the Hun at Easter Road in April 2016

Volley from a corner iirc.

Jones28
08-12-2018, 08:42 AM

Scored a cracker against rangers when we beat them at Easter road

It would seem Billy has beaten me to the punch...again!

BILLYHIBS
08-12-2018, 08:49 AM
Scored a cracker against rangers when we beat them at Easter road

It would seem Billy has beaten me to the punch...again!

:greengrin

calumhibee1
08-12-2018, 09:13 AM

Forgot about that. Was a great finish.

I just felt Gunnarsson hardly ever put a foot wrong. Really good solid player who probably never got a chance to get in the team much purely because we had such a settler defence.

oneone73
08-12-2018, 09:17 AM
Played well as a sub at Tynie in the Cup.

MagicSwirlingShip
08-12-2018, 09:17 AM
Hopefully Hibs are aware of his availability, would love to see the big man back.

SCHAEDYSHORTS
08-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Played well as a sub at Tynie in the Cup.

Seem to remember him almost score an own goal in that game?? Still think he was a really good player for us & was sad to see him not stay on. Right kind of player for Hibs I’d say.

Oh & thanks again to Hearts for helping gift wrap the cup for us that day, very kind :faf:

calumhibee1
08-12-2018, 09:26 AM
Seem to remember him almost score an own goal in that game?? Still think he was a really good player for us & was sad to see him not stay on. Right kind of player for Hibs I’d say.

Oh & thanks again to Hearts for helping gift wrap the cup for us that day, very kind :faf:

It was a very precise clearance, not a near own goal 👀

SCHAEDYSHORTS
08-12-2018, 09:38 AM
It was a very precise clearance, not a near own goal 👀

Aye your absolutely right, crack on the top of the bar :aok:

Stokesy's on fire
08-12-2018, 10:06 AM
Gunzer was a quality player. We all talk about how David Gray won us the cup with that sweet header but during the 2-2 game Gunnarsson was the one who changed the game that day. Fantastic player who i would welcome back no bother.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Yes please

Northernhibee
08-12-2018, 11:29 AM
I’d give him a piggyback all the way from Norway to Leith if that’s what it takes. Top player.

CMurdoch
08-12-2018, 12:07 PM
He was offered a new contract but turned them down, that’s why he was on bench for last few games of season.

:aok: