View Full Version : 2001 Squad

FatPat
06-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Anyone got a squad list for the 2001-2002 season. Reason l ask is that whe looking in the loft for Xmas decorations” hit the jackpot and found 4 singed Hibees footballs.

So far l can make out.

Nick Colgan, Tam McManus, Ian Murray, Martin McIntosh, Alan Dempsie,

06-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Tony Caig Nick Colgan,Gary Caldwell,Allan Dempsie,Useless De LaCruz,Paul Fenwick,Paul Hilland,Ulrik Laursen,Lillian Martin,Franck Sauzee,Gary Smith,Steven Whittaker,Lyndon Andrews,Freddie Arpinon,Grant Brebner,Matty Jack,Ian Murray,Kevin Nicol,John O’Neill,Allen Orman,Alan Reid,Derek Townsley,Jarkko Wiss,Craig Brewster,Freddy Daquin,Eduardo Hutardo,Paco Luna,Tam McManus,Gary OConnor,Derek Riordan,Allan Smart and David Zitelli

No a bad squad makes our squad look kinda light

06-12-2018, 07:40 PM
Useless de la Cruz? I thought he was the the business.

06-12-2018, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=NORTHERNHIBBY;5623100]Useless de la Cruz? I thought he was the the business.[/QUOTE

‘He was against Hearts

Great going forward but couldnae tackle a fish supper

Just ma wee joke likes!

Got good dough for him :greengrin

06-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Simple...Eck the boss with Ginger hair, Frankie Sauzee is the king...

06-12-2018, 07:53 PM
Martin Macintosh made his last appearance 1/4/2001 in a 2-0 loss away to St Johnstone before being sold to Rotherham

06-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Tony Caig Nick Colgan,Gary Caldwell,Allan Dempsie,Useless De LaCruz,Paul Fenwick,Paul Hilland,Ulrik Laursen,Lillian Martin,Franck Sauzee,Gary Smith,Steven Whittaker,Lyndon Andrews,Freddie Arpinon,Grant Brebner,Matty Jack,Ian Murray,Kevin Nicol,John O’Neill,Allen Orman,Alan Reid,Derek Townsley,Jarkko Wiss,Craig Brewster,Freddy Daquin,Eduardo Hutardo,Paco Luna,Tam McManus,Gary OConnor,Derek Riordan,Allan Smart and David Zitelli

No a bad squad makes our squad look kinda light

Caldwell, Whittaker, Townsley, Wiss, Daquin, O'Connor, Riordan, Smart were either not at Hibs or not yet in the squad in 2001/2

06-12-2018, 10:39 PM
Caldwell, Whittaker, Townsley, Wiss, Daquin, O'Connor, Riordan, Smart were either not at Hibs or not yet in the squad in 2001/2
I can remember every single one of them, apart from Whittaker, playing for us in that season so not sure where your info is from!

06-12-2018, 11:02 PM

Definitely were. O'Connor was our second top scorer!

06-12-2018, 11:19 PM
2001/02
Gary Caldwell played 12 times 2/2/02 to 27/4/02 booked three times
Steven Whittaker one appearance as sub 12/5/02 away to St Johnstone1-0
Derek Townsley played 18 times 7 as a sub scoring 5 goals
Jarkko Wiss played 12 times 5 as a sub
Freddy Daquin played twice once as a sub 27/4/02 Dundee 12/5/02 St Johnstone
Garry OConnor played 24 8 as a sub goals 10
Derek Riordan played 9 games 8 as a sub
Allan Smart played 5 games 3 as a sub 1 goal 23/9/01 versus St Johnstone 4-0 win

I rest my case

Source: fitbastats.com

06-12-2018, 11:28 PM
I can remember every single one of them, apart from Whittaker, playing for us in that season so not sure where your info is from!

Came on as a sub 12/5/02 away to St Johnstone in a 1-0 win

Source: fitbastats.com

Recommend you download it

greenlad
07-12-2018, 04:43 AM
Came on as a sub 12/5/02 away to St Johnstone in a 1-0 win

And played upfront!

07-12-2018, 06:12 AM
9 forwards. I like the sound of that.

07-12-2018, 06:58 AM

Some squad?

Beats shuffling aboot the same 14 rejects and free transfers

De La Cruz was 700k (Wikipedia)

Imagine if we had a young Riordan or OConnor coming thru?

07-12-2018, 07:10 AM
Some squad?

Beats shuffling aboot the same 14 rejects and free transfers

De La Cruz was 700k (Wikipedia)

Imagine if we had a young Riordan or OConnor coming thru?

It was indeed. I don’t remember it that well, I’d only have been 11 year old but I do remember the AEK Athens game that season pretty well. Some of they players would have probably been about the standard Celtic are signing nowadays if not better in Sauzees case.

07-12-2018, 07:13 AM
It was indeed. I don’t remember it that well, I’d only have been 11 year old but I do remember the AEK Athens game that season pretty well. Some of they players would have probably been about the standard Celtic are signing nowadays if not better in Sauzees case.

AEK Athens some atmosphere the first SOL awesome! :greengrin

G15 Hibs
07-12-2018, 08:05 AM
We finished 10th in the league so it wasn't that vintage a season. Mitigating circumstances, I suppose.

07-12-2018, 08:07 AM
We finished 10th in the league so it wasn't that vintage a season. Mitigating circumstances, I suppose.
Yip! Three Managers and knocked out by Yogis Ayr in the League Cup semi at Hampden 😬

FatPat
07-12-2018, 09:20 AM
Hi everyone - thanks - just need to decipher some of the squiggles that pass as signatures

GGTH

07-12-2018, 09:27 AM

Crazy to think that squad finished in 10th.

G15 Hibs
07-12-2018, 11:00 AM
Crazy to think that squad finished in 10th.

On face value, aye. But a lot of the "bigger" names didn't play for the full season. Neither Sauzee (obviously and sadly) or Zitelli saw the season out, the younger lads (Riordan, O'Connor, Whittaker) were nowhere near the players they went onto become yet, others came in later in the season, other's powers were waning after good service. We'd lost key players from the previous season (Latapy, Mixu) and their replacements weren't up to the same standard (sound familiar?). And then there was the managerial bother.

Some might call it a transitional season, although the same could be said for the following couple of seasons as well!

07-12-2018, 04:47 PM
On face value, aye. But a lot of the "bigger" names didn't play for the full season. Neither Sauzee (obviously and sadly) or Zitelli saw the season out, the younger lads (Riordan, O'Connor, Whittaker) were nowhere near the players they went onto become yet, others came in later in the season, other's powers were waning after good service. We'd lost key players from the previous season (Latapy, Mixu) and their replacements weren't up to the same standard (sound familiar?). And then there was the managerial bother.

Some might call it a transitional season, although the same could be said for the following couple of seasons as well!

Did we sell Mixu and then re-sign him again? I was too young back then to remember.

I remember saying to my dad at the AEK Athens game that we should bring Mixu on to get us that 3rd goal only to be told he wasn’t playing which surprised me!

Here’s Lucy!
07-12-2018, 05:05 PM

Better than 6 centre backs! :wink:

07-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Yip! Three Managers and knocked out by Yogis Ayr in the League Cup semi at Hampden 😬

Never a penalty. Same with the one against Dunfermline in the replay.

Sure Paddy McGinley played a stormer for Ayr that night!

07-12-2018, 05:29 PM
Never a penalty. Same with the one against Dunfermline in the replay.

Sure Paddy McGinley played a stormer for Ayr that night!
Filed away beside the Livvy final and the final we don’t talk aboot don’t know what you are on about???

07-12-2018, 05:40 PM
Did we sell Mixu and then re-sign him again? I was too young back then to remember.

I remember saying to my dad at the AEK Athens game that we should bring Mixu on to get us that 3rd goal only to be told he wasn’t playing which surprised me!
He had left the club but just happened to be out for a run preseason at Hollyrood Park where Bobby Williamson had the troops out for a session

07-12-2018, 05:47 PM
Filed away beside the Livvy final and the final we don’t talk aboot don’t know what you are on about???

Good call. 👍

07-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Good call. 👍
😁

07-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Brewster being injured 3/4 of that season was a killer for us to my mind. Started the season well and if I recall correctly damaged his shoulder? We had opened the West Stand, signed De LaCruz, dismantled a couple of sides easily, won the first derby, tumultuous evening v AEK and the wheels came skidding right off as we lost our striker and then our captain and inspiration down to that ginger ****.

07-12-2018, 07:57 PM

Yes went to Strasbourg for a season

Purple & Green
08-12-2018, 12:20 PM
He had left the club but just happened to be out for a run preseason at Hollyrood Park where Bobby Williamson had the troops out for a session

He’d agreed a contract with Hibs to return as under 21 coach under Sauzee, and that plan went a bit up in the air when Sauzee was sacked.