PDA

View Full Version : This is how the League table actually looks

elevengoats
06-12-2018, 07:39 PM
We all know how the table looks but I thought I will create this visual representation of the current table. 1 row = 1 point basically to see the actual space between teams at the moment. Gives you a slightly different perspective on where things stand.

https://i.ibb.co/k51Nn7x/Hibs.png

Few observations:
1) We are a proper mid-table team at the moment - as far from the 1st as from the last place.
2) We are as far behind Hearts as we are ahead of Hamilton. We should really beat Hamilton next weekend.
3) We are not getting relegated this season but can also start forgetting about top3. :)

hibbydog
06-12-2018, 09:03 PM
Quite interesting in perspective. And puts a more positive slant on things.

But....

If you did the same thing for the last 2 months it would look dire and would justify everyones concerns.

Your conclusions are based on the assumption that we’ll perform for the rest of the season as we have for this season so far.

If you assume our form of the last 2 months continues, it’s not good reading...

elevengoats
06-12-2018, 09:12 PM
Quite interesting in perspective. And puts a more positive slant on things.

But....

If you did the same thing for the last 2 months it would look dire and would justify everyones concerns.

Your conclusions are based on the assumption that we’ll perform for the rest of the season as we have for this season so far.

If you assume our form of the last 2 months continues, it’s not good reading...

I think / hope we will improve our performance significantly to be honest. I just also think Celtic / Rangers / Killie have started getting too far from us, hence my prediction about forgetting about the top3 finish. 4th place is achievable though. But listen, let's smash Hamilton and move on from there. I'm looking for at least 3 points against one of Celtic / Rangers as well. :P

hibbydog
06-12-2018, 09:16 PM
I think / hope we will improve our performance significantly to be honest. I just also think Celtic / Rangers / Killie have started getting too far from us, hence my prediction about forgetting about the top3 finish. 4th place is achievable though. But listen, let's smash Hamilton and move on from there. I'm looking for at least 3 points against one of Celtic / Rangers as well. :P

Whilst I share your desire for hibs to improve, a quick look at our current form and forthcoming fixtures gives me little optimism.

Smartie
06-12-2018, 09:16 PM
Form, momentum and current trajectory though.

St Mirren and Dundee have started abysmally but changed managers and are currently improving from an admittedly awful position.

We're dropping like a stone and looking worse every week, and there's still a long, long way to go.

Prof. Shaggy
06-12-2018, 09:22 PM

St Mirren and Dundee have started abysmally but changed managers and are currently improving from an admittedly awful position.

We're dropping like a stone and looking worse every week, and there's still a long, long way to go.

All of which can change in a better direction just as quickly as they changed for the worse.

elevengoats
06-12-2018, 09:28 PM

Well, interesting about form. Only Hearts have been worse in the last 5 games:

Team

1.Rangers

2.Celtic

3.St.Johnstone

4.Kilmarnock

5.Aberdeen

6.Motherwell

7.Hamilton

8.St.Mirren

9.Dundee FC

10.Livingston

11.Hibernian

12.Hearts

elevengoats
06-12-2018, 09:31 PM

Well, they have got a few more points than Hibs and Hearts but have still performed worse than their closest competitors Hamilton and Motherwell in the last 5 games. I know Dundee just had that big win against Hamilton but still less points in total over 5 games.

The 90+2
06-12-2018, 09:35 PM
Has any team in the league got a harder December than us before the winter break? We need to win on Saturday, really really need to if we don’t then you might as well just give the Uglies the whole south regardless.

Aberdeen, the same Aberdeen that we battered in the league and cup and who are now well ahead for instance have 5 out of 6 games at home and only Celtic that looks tough. We don’t look up for ****.

The 90+2
06-12-2018, 09:38 PM

Team

1.Rangers

2.Celtic

3.St.Johnstone

4.Kilmarnock

5.Aberdeen

6.Motherwell

7.Hamilton

8.St.Mirren

9.Dundee FC

10.Livingston

11.Hibernian

12.Hearts

They have the excuse of having all their best players etc etc out us on the other hand.

houstonhibbee
06-12-2018, 09:38 PM

Team

1.Rangers

2.Celtic

3.St.Johnstone

4.Kilmarnock

5.Aberdeen

6.Motherwell

7.Hamilton

8.St.Mirren

9.Dundee FC

10.Livingston

11.Hibernian

12.Hearts

Interesting that the bottom three here were also the top three in the table a matter of weeks ago................

hibbydog
06-12-2018, 09:41 PM

Team

1.Rangers

2.Celtic

3.St.Johnstone

4.Kilmarnock

5.Aberdeen

6.Motherwell

7.Hamilton

8.St.Mirren

9.Dundee FC

10.Livingston

11.Hibernian

12.Hearts

Horrible horrible reading

MWHIBBIES
06-12-2018, 09:42 PM
If we had won these 3 home games we'd actually be cruising. So disappointing.

Nakedmanoncrack
06-12-2018, 09:44 PM
You can do a lot with statistics - but going by what we are seeing, Hibs (despite having better players) are much worse than a midtable side, the worst in the league at the moment IMO. That can change, and hopefully will - but theres no sign of it right now.

elevengoats
06-12-2018, 09:55 PM
Has any team in the league got a harder December than us before the winter break? We need to win on Saturday, really really need to if we don’t then you might as well just give the Uglies the whole south regardless.

Aberdeen, the same Aberdeen that we battered in the league and cup and who are now well ahead for instance have 5 out of 6 games at home and only Celtic that looks tough. We don’t look up for ****.

Here are the next 5 games for each team:

Team
Pts.
Next 5 games

Kilmarnock
Celtic (A), Dundee (H), Hamilton (A), Motherwell (A), St.Mirren (H)

Rangers
Dundee (A), Hamilton (H), Hibernian (A), St.Johstone (A), Hibernian (H)

Celtic
Kilmarnock (H), Hibernian (A), Motherwell (H), Dundee (H), Aberdeen (A)

Hearts
Motherwell (H), Livingston (A), Aberdeen (A), Hamilton (H), Hibernian (A)

St.Johnstone
Aberdeen (A), Motherwell (H), Rangers (H), St.Mirren (A), Dundee (A)

Aberdeen
St.Johstone (H), Livingston (H), St.Mirren (A), Dundee (H), Hearts (H)

Livingston
St.Mirren (H), Aberdeen (A), Hearts (H), Hibernian (A), Dundee (A)

Hibernian
Hamilton (A), Celtic (H), Rangers (H), Livingston (H), Rangers (A)

Motherwell
Hearts (A), St.Johstone (A), Celtic (A), St.Mirren (H), Kilmarnock (H)

Hamilton
Hibernian (H), Rangers (A), Kilmarnock (H), Hearts (A), Motherwell (H)

St.Mirren
Livingston (A), Aberdeen (H), Motherwell (A), St.Johstone (H), Kilmarnock (A)

Dundee
Rangers (H), Kilmarnock (A), Aberdeen (A), Celtic (A), Livingston (H)

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
06-12-2018, 10:02 PM
Its conceivable, and maybe even likely we wont win any of those.

I think we maybe will beat Hamilton, but i wouldn't bet on us against any of the others at the moment.

elevengoats
06-12-2018, 10:04 PM
Its conceivable, and maybe even likely we wont win any of those.

I think we maybe will beat Hamilton, but i wouldn't bet on us against any of the others at the moment.

What's really crazy is that we will probably be c.15 points behind Kilmarnock by end of December.

Greenbeard
06-12-2018, 10:25 PM
You can do a lot with statistics - but going by what we are seeing, Hibs (despite having better players) are much worse than a midtable side, the worst in the league at the moment IMO. That can change, and hopefully will - but theres no sign of it right now.
That is just absolute pish. No matter the result and the teams failings we were still twice the team St Mirren were last night.

wookie70
06-12-2018, 10:36 PM
That is just absolute pish. No matter the result and the teams failings we were still twice the team St Mirren were last night.

We drew with them. We were equal to them in terms of result and that is all that matters.

Smartie
06-12-2018, 10:42 PM

We weren't.

They had a player who showed a quality bit of inspiration to get them in front, they had a threat from set pieces that meant they scored with one of the few times they got the ball into our box, and they managed to let us have loads of the ball without really threatening them.

Yes, we dominated possession but I thought the result was fair.

We actually played some ok stuff at times during the second half but we didn't even get close to threatening them until we made the subs.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 10:53 PM
Thats not what the score suggests.

The score was 2-2?

Greenbeard
06-12-2018, 10:59 PM
We weren't.

They had a player who showed a quality bit of inspiration to get them in front, they had a threat from set pieces that meant they scored with one of the few times they got the ball into our box, and they managed to let us have loads of the ball without really threatening them.

We actually played some ok stuff at times during the second half but we didn't even get close to threatening them until we made the subs.
So to the neutral watching you ask the question "which was the better team overall?".
Answer "undoubtedly Hibs, by a f***ing country mile" (possibly qualified by "but they seriously underperformed on the night")

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 11:01 PM
So to the neutral watching you ask the question "which was the better team overall?".
Answer "undoubtedly Hibs, by a f***ing country mile" (possibly qualified by "but they seriously underperformed on the night")

I don't think anyone would claim we were better by a country mile. Better, probably, but not by that much. We had a lot more of the ball but did there keeper make any real significant saves? I can't really remember any?

superfurryhibby
06-12-2018, 11:01 PM
We weren't.

They were gash. Way worse than Dundee but better than Hamilton. They scored two goals though, not pretty overall but effective....last night.

Greenbeard
06-12-2018, 11:05 PM
I don't think anyone would claim we were better by a country mile. Better, probably, but not by that much. We had a lot more of the ball but did there keeper make any real significant saves? I can't really remember any?
Shot from Lewis 1st half after the Brazilian style build up?
Also...................errrr, yer right enough.

chrisski33
06-12-2018, 11:13 PM
They were gash. Way worse than Dundee but better than Hamilton. They scored two goals though, not pretty overall but effective....last night.

We were gash too!

Jones28
07-12-2018, 06:12 AM

Team

1.Rangers

2.Celtic

3.St.Johnstone

4.Kilmarnock

5.Aberdeen

6.Motherwell

7.Hamilton

8.St.Mirren

9.Dundee FC

10.Livingston

11.Hibernian

12.Hearts

That's why I'm worried

LancsHibs
07-12-2018, 09:06 AM
Here are the next 5 games for each team:

Team
Pts.
Next 5 games

Kilmarnock
Celtic (A), Dundee (H), Hamilton (A), Motherwell (A), St.Mirren (H)

Rangers
Dundee (A), Hamilton (H), Hibernian (A), St.Johstone (A), Hibernian (H)

Celtic
Kilmarnock (H), Hibernian (A), Motherwell (H), Dundee (H), Aberdeen (A)

Hearts
Motherwell (H), Livingston (A), Aberdeen (A), Hamilton (H), Hibernian (A)

St.Johnstone
Aberdeen (A), Motherwell (H), Rangers (H), St.Mirren (A), Dundee (A)

Aberdeen
St.Johstone (H), Livingston (H), St.Mirren (A), Dundee (H), Hearts (H)

Livingston
St.Mirren (H), Aberdeen (A), Hearts (H), Hibernian (A), Dundee (A)

Hibernian
Hamilton (A), Celtic (H), Rangers (H), Livingston (H), Rangers (A)

Motherwell
Hearts (A), St.Johstone (A), Celtic (A), St.Mirren (H), Kilmarnock (H)

Hamilton
Hibernian (H), Rangers (A), Kilmarnock (H), Hearts (A), Motherwell (H)

St.Mirren
Livingston (A), Aberdeen (H), Motherwell (A), St.Johstone (H), Kilmarnock (A)

Dundee
Rangers (H), Kilmarnock (A), Aberdeen (A), Celtic (A), Livingston (H)

Looking at that it’s going to be tough for us and could easily lose more ground. Looks good for Killie, at the end of that they could well be sitting clear at the top!

Billy Whizz
07-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Looking at that it’s going to be tough for us and could easily lose more ground. Looks good for Killie, at the end of that they could well be sitting clear at the top!

Aberdeen have 4 out of next 5 at home, and all winnable

Keith_M
07-12-2018, 12:09 PM
Aberdeen have 4 out of next 5 at home, and all winnable

They've also played one less game than the teams directly above and below them in the league and two less than Hearts.

They didn't have a great start to the season but I can see them in the top four before long.

MWHIBBIES
07-12-2018, 12:27 PM
They've also played one less game than the teams directly above and below them in the league and two less than Hearts.

They didn't have a great start to the season but I can see them in the top four before long.

They are a hardened team with a hardened manager. They're far from the poor side this place likes to believe.