PDA

View Full Version : Statto... a word of warning!

Green Team
06-12-2018, 06:15 PM
So I left ER last night talking about game number seven without a win, which got me thinking... what's the longest streak of games Hibs have experienced without winning? Well the answer for those who wish to know is 15, which has happened on four separate occasions 1920, 1937, 1979 & 1997.

I then looked at the remaining fixtures in December and in my opinion if we don't win against Hamilton on Saturday it's not inconceivable that we wouldn't win another game this year. That would take us up to 13 without a win. The good news is we've got a cup tie against Elgin which we will surely win and stop the rot if the unthinkable continues in the interim period. Then there's the not insignificant matter of two away games to negotiate to finish off January.

What should be noted in amongst all this guessing however is that on the later of the two occasions when these sequences occurred, which are both in my lifetime, it resulted in the teams subsequent relegation!

Was it Shirley Bassey who sang about it all being a little bit of "history repeating"... Shirley not!

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-X70F using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
06-12-2018, 06:18 PM
Novel.

CropleyWasGod
06-12-2018, 06:22 PM
Novel.Hardly a paragraph. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Eyrie
06-12-2018, 07:22 PM
Hardly a paragraph. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Should be sentenced for that :agree:

Green Man
06-12-2018, 07:25 PM
Should be sentenced for that :agree:

Have a word.

Keith_M
06-12-2018, 07:27 PM
Have a word.

Which one?

I've got it, Yam.

Hibbyradge
06-12-2018, 07:29 PM
Have a word.

He's lost the plot.

BILLYHIBS
06-12-2018, 08:10 PM
So I left ER last night talking about game number seven without a win, which got me thinking... what's the longest streak of games Hibs have experienced without winning? Well the answer for those who wish to know is 15, which has happened on four separate occasions 1920, 1937, 1979 & 1997.

I then looked at the remaining fixtures in December and in my opinion if we don't win against Hamilton on Saturday it's not inconceivable that we wouldn't win another game this year. That would take us up to 13 without a win. The good news is we've got a cup tie against Elgin which we will surely win and stop the rot if the unthinkable continues in the interim period. Then there's the not insignificant matter of two away games to negotiate to finish off January.

What should be noted in amongst all this guessing however is that on the later of the two occasions when these sequences occurred, which are both in my lifetime, it resulted in the teams subsequent relegation!

Was it Shirley Bassey who sang about it all being a little bit of "history repeating"... Shirley not!

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-X70F using Tapatalk

Franck Sauzee was in charge for 69 days played 15 drew 6 lost 9

Lenny is on a run played 7 drew 3 lost 4

As Stubbsy would say Lenny needs to pull a rabbit out the hat the sooner the better

Viva_Palmeiras
06-12-2018, 09:28 PM
As the rabbit is not to be found during a tv interview. Why do we place so much importance on seeing our manager window dressing and providing sound bytes and material for journos to twist?

Greenbeard
06-12-2018, 09:33 PM
As the rabbit is not to be found during a tv interview. Why do we place so much importance on seeing our manager window dressing and providing sound bytes and material for journos to twist?
Is it not in the bedside cabinet on the missus's side?