PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Miller big regrets

LancsHibs
06-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Kenny should have been a Hibs player when he became available after his Livvi debacle. It was a gift at that point in time after the transfer window had closed and we were in a position where for whatever reason, maybe we missed out on targets? We were short on strikers.
KM would have done a fantastic job for us just now and I’m sure would have jumped at the chance of coming back home. We could have matched whatever Dundee were offering. I was angry at the time we either missed out or probably didn’t even bother perusing him, but now I’m gutted. We are now in a position where we are losing ground and the striker issue will have to be addressed in January. Bet we don’t end up with anyone better than a Miller.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Kenny should have been a Hibs player when he became available after his Livvi debacle. It was a gift at that point in time after the transfer window had closed and we were in a position where for whatever reason, maybe we missed out on targets? We were short on strikers.
KM would have done a fantastic job for us just now and I’m sure would have jumped at the chance of coming back home. We could have matched whatever Dundee were offering. I was angry at the time we either missed out or probably didn’t even bother perusing him, but now I’m gutted. We are now in a position where we are losing ground and the striker issue will have to be addressed in January. Bet we don’t end up with anyone better than a Miller.

Can’t disagree with that. A handy option would probably be the way I’d describe him.

The 90+2
06-12-2018, 01:28 PM
I thought he was finished tbh but would have been very good to have around the club. He probably wanted first team football too and didn’t think it would happen here.

Lago
06-12-2018, 01:29 PM

Totally agree with you, said at the time we should get him signed.

Inconsequential
06-12-2018, 01:36 PM
With hindsight Kenny Miller could have been a good signing but on the other hand it would have been a gamble too. The way things are going at Easter Rd these days he would probably have flopped and spend more time on the treatment table just like the rest of our signings.

Nakedmanoncrack
06-12-2018, 02:18 PM
I thought he was finished tbh but would have been very good to have around the club. He probably wanted first team football too and didn’t think it would happen here.

I think he would easily be our best forward currently, if he had come.

Stokesy's on fire
06-12-2018, 02:19 PM
No chance he was given so many opportunities to return and he turned us down every single time he can get stuffed. People moaned about Stokes being a trouble maker but Mr Miller is probably just as bad if not worse. The way he behaved at Livi was shocking.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 02:21 PM
No chance he was given so many opportunities to return and he turned us down every single time he can get stuffed. People moaned about Stokes being a trouble maker but Mr Miller is probably just as bad if not worse. The way he behaved at Livi was shocking.

What did he do at Livi?

The 90+2
06-12-2018, 02:32 PM
I think he would easily be our best forward currently, if he had come.

In hindsight he would, yes but at the time we where doing well and it wouldn’t had been so clear cut then.

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-12-2018, 02:48 PM

RE his time at Livi - that's not what I was told.

He did struggle to combine playing with management however the issue was he isn't a yes man and the No. 2 has A LOT of say/input to the running of the club which Kenny did not agree with

Would have taken him here for sure as back up

The 90+2
06-12-2018, 02:58 PM
What did he do at Livi?

Nothing.

SideBurns
06-12-2018, 03:25 PM

I'm not aware that he ever turned us down. Certainly, his pal TheCat23 (no longer of this parish to back me up unfortunately) consistently said he'd have loved to come back but Hibs never asked him.

I said at the time he seemed to fit the bill of the experienced striker we needed to complement our young forwards. Dundee's gain is our loss, I'd suggest.

hibsbollah
06-12-2018, 03:27 PM
I'm not aware that he ever turned us down. Certainly, his pal TheCat23 (no longer of this parish to back me up unfortunately) consistently said he'd have loved to come back but Hibs never asked him.

I said at the time he seemed to fit the bill of the experienced striker we needed to complement our young forwards. Dundee's gain is our loss, I'd suggest.

What happened to the cat? Hadn't heard from him since the 'Steven Naismith his legs have gone' saga.

Iggy Pope
06-12-2018, 03:32 PM
What happened to the cat? Hadn't heard from him since the 'Steven Naismith his legs have gone' saga.

Ah, the ‘Kenny’ this and ‘Kenny’ that adoration of a gloating Hun Bawbag. Miss it like I might miss pins getting stuck in my boaby.

hibsbollah
06-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Ah, the ‘Kenny’ this and ‘Kenny’ that adoration of a gloating Hun Bawbag. Miss it like I might miss pins getting stuck in my boaby.

Not on the Christmas card list then?:greengrin

For what it's worth I don't think he would have done well here second time around. Kenny, not the cat.

Here’s Lucy!
06-12-2018, 03:36 PM
What did he do at Livi?

I'd be interested to find out what he did at Livingston too?

Nothing.

That was helpful! :na na:

AZhibee
06-12-2018, 04:45 PM

Sound pretty accurate, but did he have a player/coach role in his vision for his post playing career....which probably would not have been on the table at Easter Road..

Beefster
06-12-2018, 05:09 PM

Seemed to take the hump after being pulled up by a few folk for actively trying to throw Dempster under the bus on deadline day (with falsehoods). Last I heard he was being less than complimentary about the hibs.net user base on Twatter.

Gaffer1875
06-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Would have done a job for us. Not sure our full support would have accepted him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
06-12-2018, 06:23 PM
Would have done a job for us. Not sure our full support would have accepted him.

Who? Kenny or The Cat? :greengrin

Gaffer1875
06-12-2018, 06:27 PM
Who? Kenny or The Cat? :greengrin

Both [emoji6]

silverhibee
06-12-2018, 06:48 PM
RE his time at Livi - that's not what I was told.

He did struggle to combine playing with management however the issue was he isn't a yes man and the No. 2 has A LOT of say/input to the running of the club which Kenny did not agree with

Would have taken him here for sure as back up

Do you not think Miller would have known all about Livi and the No2 before he took the job.

chinaman
06-12-2018, 06:59 PM
yep! miller the hun can do one.

SquashedFrogg
06-12-2018, 07:03 PM

The last sentence is nonsense. The clubs management strucuture is corrupt in everyway imaginable. Geared up for a yes man. Miller certainly isn't that.

Stokesy's on fire
06-12-2018, 07:32 PM
The last sentence is nonsense. The clubs management strucuture is corrupt in everyway imaginable. Geared up for a yes man. Miller certainly isn't that.

He wanted to have his cake and eat it.

weecounty hibby
06-12-2018, 07:38 PM
I said last night that he was exactly what we need right now. Experience, great work ethic, goal scorer, can hold the ball up. Just what we are looking for

Hi Heid Yin
06-12-2018, 07:50 PM
Kenny Miller would have done a job for us, but then again hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Nakedmanoncrack
06-12-2018, 07:52 PM
In hindsight he would, yes but at the time we where doing well and it wouldn’t had been so clear cut then.

Agreed.

hibsbollah
06-12-2018, 08:35 PM
Last I heard he was being less than complimentary about the hibs.net user base on Twatter.

Well evidently not all of his scoops were wrong in that case:offski: