Porteous
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
Bartley
Horgan

Flo
Shaw

Shaw only in because he scored last night. Slivka in on merit after a more positive contribution than most last night.

bingo70
06-12-2018, 09:00 AM
Christ knows.

Better chance of picking the correct lottery numbers.

Brightside
06-12-2018, 09:07 AM
I expect Batley will be out. Gray is out.

Rocky

Efe Porto Hanlon Lewis

Milligan

Harry Mallan Slivka Nelom

Gullan

Northernhibee
06-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Rocky

Mavrias
Efe
Porteous
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
Milligan
Horgan

Flo
MacLaren

Pretty Boy
06-12-2018, 09:12 AM
I advocated big changes last night but a few people said it was 'too risky'. I'd argue it's as big a risk to stick with the same players who have under performed for weeks now; I fail to see how slaughtering them in public then continuing to pick them is in any way helpful. So:

...............Marciano................

Mavrias....Efe ....Porteous...Stevenson

...............Milligan..................

...Slivka...................Murray

..............Gullan..............

....Shaw................MacLaren

I'd like to stick with Bartley over Milligan but I'm guessing he's doubtful. Mallan seems undroppable but he shouldn't be as he's been, bluntly, pish for weeks. Kamberi has had poor service but his application has been honking so he can take a spell on the bench and Boyle has barely kicked a ball since he was in Australia. Horgan flatters to deceive and giving him MOTM last night must have been someones idea of a joke. I think Bogdan has been very good but if we are looking for an excuse to get our goalkeeper back in then he may have provided it last night. I'd have Lewis Allan in the squad and ready to go as well. We need to make a few sweeping changes and try to dig ourselves out of the rut. Guys like Boyle, Kamberi and Mallan seem almost guaranteed a starting place and not one of them is performing to an acceptable standard. Maybe a few young lads going in with a bit of freedom will liven us up.

danhibees1875
06-12-2018, 09:13 AM
I have no idea. There wasn't any player played in any position last night that could excuse us not beating St Mirren at home IMO.

Rocky
Mavrias Efe Porteous Stevenson
Slivka Milliagn Mallan
Boyle Kamberi Maclaren

EH54
06-12-2018, 09:19 AM
Pick a team and stick with it. The chopping and changing formations and personel is killing us.

Be aswell just playing a 4-4-2 tbh to get players in their correct positions and it's basic schoolboyf formation everyone knows.

Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Milligan
Mallan
Slivka

Kamberi
Maclaren or shaw.

SirDavidsNapper
06-12-2018, 09:19 AM
Dreading this game already

DaveF
06-12-2018, 09:26 AM
What's up with Gray? Thought the chat indicated he was ready for last week against Kilmarnock yet still no sign of him.

500miles
06-12-2018, 09:27 AM
451, Slivka had to play in the middle, either Flo or Oli up front supported by Boyle and Horgan

SlickShoes
06-12-2018, 09:32 AM
Can we play Efe in midfield? He is the only person for the last two months who is capable of taking the ball past someone, creating space and finding passes.

Hibstrooper
06-12-2018, 09:36 AM
Slivka needs to start. Upped the tempo of our play massively yesterday and did things at twice the pace of any our other midfielders.

Defence was fine apart from 2nd goal so would keep that the same. Beyond that is anyone’s guess as no one is deserving of a place right now with form being shown.

Diclonius
06-12-2018, 09:38 AM
I'm not sure it matters that much; Lennon has to repair his relationship with the players or they won't bother.

Marciano

Ambrose Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Mavrias Slivka Bartley Boyle

Shaw Allan

Pretty Boy
06-12-2018, 09:41 AM
Can we play Efe in midfield? He is the only person for the last two months who is capable of taking the ball past someone, creating space and finding passes.

I think that particular experiment was consigned to the bin after 45 minutes on Saturday.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 09:43 AM

Tried it at Killie and he was very poor. Shouldn’t try it again.

B.H.F.C
06-12-2018, 09:54 AM
Whoever he plays it’s difficult to see how the performance level improves. They just look like a collection of individuals, not a team.

makaveli1875
06-12-2018, 09:55 AM
Marciano

Mavrias
Efe
Porteous
Nelom

Murray
Mallan
Slivka
Horgan

Gullan
Shaw

IGRIGI
06-12-2018, 10:05 AM
451, Slivka had to play in the middle, either Flo or Oli up front supported by Boyle and Horgan

Play Shaw up front on his own and we may as well do an Estonia and not turn up.

allezsauzee
06-12-2018, 10:12 AM
Bogdan, Ambrose.Mcgregor, Porteous, Stevenson ,Milligan, Mavrias, Slivka, Horgan , Maclaren and Kamberi. That can either be a 3-5-2 with Mavrias as wing back or playing right midfield in a 4-4-2. They might not be playing well at the moment but Kamberi and Maclaren have to be given a run in the team together again if they've to have a chance of striking up the partnership they had last season.

Smartie
06-12-2018, 10:15 AM
Play Shaw up front on his own and we may as well do an Estonia and not turn up.

We.ve not got any strikers who can play up front on their own and no midfielders who can play as part of a 2 and we don't have the midfielders to allow us to play 3 at the back.

Any other suggestions?

I'm not getting involved in this one this week, as I don't think there's anything we can do to put a balanced cohesive team out with these players, but if I was to do so I'd start with dropping Malllan and take it from there.

One Day Soon
06-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Bogdan

Efe Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Milligan

Whittaker Mallan Slivka Boyle

Kamberi Maclaren

B.H.F.C
06-12-2018, 10:51 AM
Bogdan

Milligan

Whittaker Mallan Slivka Boyle

Kamberi Maclaren

I know we need to come up with something different. But we might no get away with playing 12 men.

Smartie
06-12-2018, 11:00 AM
I know we need to come up with something different. But we might no get away with playing 12 men.

I was quite liking the look of that team as well.

DarlingtonHibee
06-12-2018, 11:01 AM
That cheered me up!

H18 SFR
06-12-2018, 11:04 AM
Marciano will be back in.

MrRobot
06-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Id like to see Slivka and Hyndman back in the team.

Heckys Wheel
06-12-2018, 11:06 AM
I advocated big changes last night but a few people said it was 'too risky'. I'd argue it's as big a risk to stick with the same players who have under performed for weeks now; I fail to see how slaughtering them in public then continuing to pick them is in any way helpful. So:

...............Marciano................

Mavrias....Efe ....Porteous...Stevenson

...............Milligan..................

...Slivka...................Murray

..............Gullan..............

....Shaw................MacLaren

I'd like to stick with Bartley over Milligan but I'm guessing he's doubtful. Mallan seems undroppable but he shouldn't be as he's been, bluntly, pish for weeks. Kamberi has had poor service but his application has been honking so he can take a spell on the bench and Boyle has barely kicked a ball since he was in Australia. Horgan flatters to deceive and giving him MOTM last night must have been someones idea of a joke. I think Bogdan has been very good but if we are looking for an excuse to get our goalkeeper back in then he may have provided it last night. I'd have Lewis Allan in the squad and ready to go as well. We need to make a few sweeping changes and try to dig ourselves out of the rut. Guys like Boyle, Kamberi and Mallan seem almost guaranteed a starting place and not one of them is performing to an acceptable standard. Maybe a few young lads going in with a bit of freedom will liven us up.

Jesus Christ!

Happy to leave the team selection lottery to Lennon if this sort of team is the alternative! 😂

MWHIBBIES
06-12-2018, 11:06 AM
Slivka actually has to play. If he doesn't I actually want him to leave and show how ability somewhere else. Wasting away while we struggle to pass 10 yards.

Mr_F
06-12-2018, 11:08 AM
Marciano

Mavrias
Efe
Hanlon
Nelom

Milligan

Boyle
Slivka
Horgan

Kamberi
McLaren

bingo70
06-12-2018, 11:09 AM
Marciano will be back in.

What position?

Smartie
06-12-2018, 11:23 AM
Ok, I'll have a shot.

Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon (McGregor if unfit)

Mavrias (if McGregor is unfit)
Slivka
Milligan
Stevenson
Nelom

McLaren
Kamberi

DaveF
06-12-2018, 11:27 AM
Ok, I'll have a shot.

Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon (McGregor if unfit)

Mavrias (if McGregor is unfit)
Slivka
Milligan
Stevenson
Nelom

McLaren
Kamberi

You picked the team at Kilmarnock didn't you :-D

wookie70
06-12-2018, 11:32 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose Porteous McGregor/Hanlon Mackie

Boyle Slivka Marv/Milligan Stevenson

Flo McLaren

We desperately need more legs in midfield and Stevenson can run all day. Slivka has good movement too and looked good last night linking with Boyle. Not sure if MacLaren is injured but given he is coming off the bench then I presume he is fit. I would have Shaw and Lewis Allen on the bench to make sure there are options if one or both are not pulling their weight. I would also have attack minded players on the bench as there are plenty options on the pitch if a defender gets injured.

Hamilton have been defeated in 5 of their 7 home games so no excuses about astro turf. They don't have a good record their this year and have conceded just over two goals a game on average at home. Dundee are the only team to be worse that them on their own patch. Our away form is the best of the bottom six so we should be favourites and come away with a win. If we don't then the writing is on the wall given the fixtures to come this month.

One Day Soon
06-12-2018, 11:34 AM

Oops. Was swithering between Whittaker and Mallan and forgot to take the second choice out, which was Whittaker.

BlackSheep
06-12-2018, 11:35 AM
If we play a 442 then there is no need for a Defensive MF... that role is key for protecting the 3 CBs when we play a 352/532 with wing backs, when the WBs bomb forward the DM drops in to make up the numbers.

I'd go for:-

Bogdan/Rocky

Mavrias
Efe
Porteus/Hanlon
Nelom

Boyle
Mallan
Slivka
Horgan

Flo
MacLaren

Smartie
06-12-2018, 11:35 AM
You picked the team at Kilmarnock didn't you :-D

I don't have a problem with Hibs trying something different to eradicate the awful goals we've been losing.

The logic behind this -

These defenders have been able to form a solid defensive unit in the past. They can surely do it again with the right protection from midfield. In fairness to the defence, they didn't do much wrong last night other than fail to defend a free kick into the box.

We struggle for dig and energy in midfield. We improved when Slivka went on last night, and I think we could use Lewis' energy in there.

Mallan doesn't have to be carried, in the hope that he pops in a thunderbolt whilst offering little else. We have other players who can take a corner.

None of our strikers can comfortably play up front on their own. These 2 did fine for us last year and with the right service will be able to do so again.

Boyle isn't playing great and we've got a lot of games to play this month. He'll need a rest at some point, this is as good a time as any, we might get more from him in our next few games if he is rested here. He's also a pretty good option to have off the bench.

Mavrias and Nelom have looked ok, they look like they are wing-backs and deserve more of a chance to show what they can do.

One Day Soon
06-12-2018, 11:40 AM
If we play a 442 then there is no need for a Defensive MF... that role is key for protecting the 3 CBs when we play a 352/532 with wing backs, when the WBs bomb forward the DM drops in to make up the numbers.

I'd go for:-

Bogdan/Rocky

Mavrias
Efe
Porteus/Hanlon
Nelom

Boyle
Mallan
Slivka
Horgan

Flo
MacLaren

I don't think, right now, we can play with both Horgan and Boyle in our midfield. They don't offer enough tracking back, tackling and closing space when we're not in possession and the remainder of the midfield doesn't have enough engine to cover for that luxury. The opposition comes through our midfield too easily, too often. It leaves the defence exposed and has cost us a lot of daft, cheap goals.

Brightside
06-12-2018, 12:59 PM
I don't think, right now, we can play with both Horgan and Boyle in our midfield. They don't offer enough tracking back, tackling and closing space when we're not in possession and the remainder of the midfield doesn't have enough engine to cover for that luxury. The opposition comes through our midfield too easily, too often. It leaves the defence exposed and has cost us a lot of daft, cheap goals.

What we cant do is play them both in a 4 man midfield. We are left wide open in the middle so both players end up dropping in. Play both of them in a 5 - like we did later in the game yesterday and you see the difference.

danhibees1875
06-12-2018, 01:01 PM
What position?

Based on his header v Aberdeen at Hampden he'd have scored a couple with Shaw's and Kamberi's (offside?) chances in the last 2 games. :dunno:

overdrive
06-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Marciano

Mavrias
Ambrose
Porteous
Nelom

Milligan
Stevenson

Boyle
Hyndman (is he even fit?)
Horgan

Allan

Smartie
06-12-2018, 01:50 PM
Marciano

Mavrias
Ambrose
Porteous
Nelom

Milligan
Stevenson

Boyle
Hyndman (is he even fit?)
Horgan

Allan

I really like this one.

There is still something about Hyndman that I think we need, but I don't really know where he is at the moment.

I think we'd get a lot more from Flo, Boyle and Horgan if he was playing in Mallan's position.

Brightside
06-12-2018, 02:09 PM
I really like this one.

There is still something about Hyndman that I think we need, but I don't really know where he is at the moment.

I think we'd get a lot more from Flo, Boyle and Horgan if he was playing in Mallan's position.

Hyndman out for a month they reckon.

CMurdoch
06-12-2018, 02:12 PM
Bogdan

Milligan

Boyle Slivka Hyndman

Kamberi Maclaren

Milligan, Slivka and Hyndman can control the ball quickly and then pass accurately so a possibility our forwards would get the ball played to them through the channels rather than the current high crosses slung into them from the wing.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 02:13 PM

In that case we’ll probably not see him again.

SRHibs
06-12-2018, 02:13 PM
Bogdan

Mavrias, Efe, Porteous, Stevenson
Boyle, Slivka, Milligan, Mallan, Horgan
Striker

Brightside
06-12-2018, 02:15 PM
I was surprised at the lack of fitness from Horgan last night. Last 25 mins he was dead on his feet. Would expect so much more from him tbh.

Hiber-nation
06-12-2018, 02:16 PM

So has he been sent back to Bournemouth?

Saint Hibee
06-12-2018, 02:21 PM
I'd keep Kamberi in but drop Shaw. I know Shaw scored last night, but it was a tap-in and he failed miserably to hold the ball up the rest of the game. I agree Kamberi is suffering a severe dip in form, but at least we know that there's real quality there, and even when playing badly he holds the ball up better than Shaw.

MWHIBBIES
06-12-2018, 02:22 PM
I'd keep Kamberi in but drop Shaw. I know Shaw scored last night, but it was a tap-in and he failed miserably to hold the ball up the rest of the game. I agree Kamberi is suffering a severe dip in form, but at least we know that there's real quality there, and even when playing badly he holds the ball up better than Shaw.or play them both?

If scoring tap ins so easy why can't Kamberi do it? Shaw far from our biggest problem last night

Inconsequential
06-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Bogdan, Mavrias, Stevenson, Milligan, Porteous, Ambrose, Boyle, Higgins, Kamberi, Slivka, Horgan.

Hiber-nation
06-12-2018, 02:26 PM
Bogdan, Mavrias, Stevenson, Milligan, Porteous, Ambrose, Boyle, Higgins, Kamberi, Slivka, Horgan.

We're snookered right enough :greengrin

Lago
06-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Play the Hibs ladies team, might get a result.

Inconsequential
06-12-2018, 02:39 PM
Play the Hibs ladies team, might get a result.:agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-12-2018, 02:40 PM
Bogdan

Mavrais
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

flash
06-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Play the Hibs ladies team, might get a result.

Aye about 23-0 to Hamilton.

SirDavidsNapper
06-12-2018, 02:49 PM

Looking forward to seeing this lad Higgins play. I've head good things.

J-C
06-12-2018, 02:55 PM
Rocky

Harry
Efe
Porteous
Lewis

Boyle
Slivka
Milligan
Mallan
Nelom

Shaw

Here’s Lucy!
06-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Christ knows.

Rocky has to come back in though, surely?

The_Horde
06-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Rocky

Efe Porto Hanlon

Mavrias Mallan Milligan Stevenson

Slivka

Boyle Shaw

Boyle and Shaw have been our most prolific partnership of the season so far. Kamberi should play as we're bound to need am out ball on the plastic pitch but he won't after GP's comments.

Plenty height to deal with Hamilton's wind and pish. Just hope we can create chances with that team.

Mutu
06-12-2018, 05:18 PM
I was surprised at the lack of fitness from Horgan last night. Last 25 mins he was dead on his feet. Would expect so much more from him tbh.

He runs more than anyone on the team so faded due to that.

Mavrias - Ambrose - Porteous - Stevenson/Nelom

Milligan

Slivka - Mallan

Horgan

Flo - McLaren

Put simply, we don't have the midfield talent to play a standard 4-4-2. Milligan and Mallan have certain qualities but don't have the legs to get up and down the pitch so we end up playing it direct to front two, which doesn't suit our front line who want balls to feet. Playing tight and narrow gives Milligan a hand playing short balls and masks our weaknesses in the centre of the park.

Horgan is in my mind our only player who can play advanced and central, to link the midfield and attack. Bit of a shambles but it is what it is. Despite this, his movement is generally good and he is capable of sending decent balls into the box when he drifts wide.

Wildcard would be Nelom playing. Lennon probably wont risk playing two inexperienced (for the Club) full backs in the same game but Nelom from what I have seen its pretty capable on the ball. I'd like to see him more involved.

Flo/McLaren are our best front two and should just be playing together. They need to both get back in form. Just play them.

Zazu62
06-12-2018, 05:24 PM

Don’t rate him at all, far to lightweight and slow

Hibees1973
06-12-2018, 05:45 PM
It won’t be a happy place to be just now at East Mains. Given his record at Hibs, we must back Lennon....I trust him more than all our players.

Lennon does not suffer fools gladly so it will be interesting the team he picks next. His non-appearance post match recently is I hope, that just after losing the way we have recently he would ‘lose it’ in front of the press and give them a nice story to write. Roll on the next transfer window to make up for the errors made in the summer. Our recruitment policy does, on the surface, seem comprehensive but big errors have been made and Lennon must take some responsibilty for it. We must still have some money left after the McGinn deal and the profits made from our run in Europe.

Team against Hamilton:

Marciano

Gray (Mavrias) Ambrose Porteous Stevenson

Milligan

Boyle Slivka Mallan Horgan

Shaw

If Gray is not fit, Mavrias again. Kamberi cannot be trusted just now and all we have left is Shaw. MacLaren cannot be trusted just now either. I hate it when idiots on here give Shaw a hard time.

It is obvious with Lennon’s abrasive style that some of the players noses have been put out of joint. I don’t have any problem with this.

I still back Lennon 100%, especially after some of the muppets who have been manager of Hibs before.

:flag:

houstonhibbee
06-12-2018, 07:13 PM
It won’t be a happy place to be just now at East Mains. Given his record at Hibs, we must back Lennon....I trust him more than all our players.

Lennon does not suffer fools gladly so it will be interesting the team he picks next. His non-appearance post match recently is I hope, that just after losing the way we have recently he would ‘lose it’ in front of the press and give them a nice story to write. Roll on the next transfer window to make up for the errors made in the summer. Our recruitment policy does, on the surface, seem comprehensive but big errors have been made and Lennon must take some responsibilty for it. We must still have some money left after the McGinn deal and the profits made from our run in Europe.

Team against Hamilton:

Marciano

Gray (Mavrias) Ambrose Porteous Stevenson

Milligan

Boyle Slivka Mallan Horgan

Shaw

If Gray is not fit, Mavrias again. Kamberi cannot be trusted just now and all we have left is Shaw. MacLaren cannot be trusted just now either. I hate it when idiots on here give Shaw a hard time.

It is obvious with Lennon’s abrasive style that some of the players noses have been put out of joint. I don’t have any problem with this.

I still back Lennon 100%, especially after some of the muppets who have been manager of Hibs before.

:flag:

Agree with all of this. Not sure Bogdan deserves to be dropped but possibly would leave out Mallan for Martin or play Slivka further forward?

DTS
06-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Something needs to change and too many players think they are guaranteed to start and with injuries just now they just about are.

Marciano

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan(nobody else fit)
Slivka
Mallan(nobody else fit)
Horgan

Shaw
MacLaren

Play a diamond like we did in the home game and it’s by far our best formation. If everyone was fit I’d have Bartley and hyndmann in for Mallan and Milligan. Kamberi and Boyle need to get a kick up the arse dropping them is less than they deserve. Horgan only in due to lack of other options but he offers more than Boyle

Lago
06-12-2018, 07:46 PM
Whatever team is put out Sat is going to be an interesting day.:agree:

Greenbeard
06-12-2018, 10:50 PM
Bogdan (can't justify dropping him - unless Rocky has shown outstanding form for the reserves)

Gray (if n/a then Mavrias)
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Bartley (if n/a then Milligan who should count his lucky stars if Bartley is ruled out)

Slivka
Mallan (only 'cos against the bunch of hackers that Hamilton are we are likely to get some free kick opportunities within his range)
Horgan (under strict instructions to run in the right direction)

Allan
MacLaren

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 10:51 PM
Agree with all of this. Not sure Bogdan deserves to be dropped but possibly would leave out Mallan for Martin or play Slivka further forward?

Martin plays for Hamilton? Unless I’ve missed something and you mean Boyle?

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-12-2018, 11:28 PM
What a depressing read this thread is. Shows how horribly thin we are. None of the suggested teams give me any confidence at all to be honest.

Unseen work
06-12-2018, 11:56 PM
.................:Bogdan.............

Mavrias....Efe.....Porteous....Nelom

............Slivka.....Bartley..........

Boyle..........Mallan..............Horgan...

........................Flo............

Getting fed up of hearing so much criticism about Horgan and Mallan, although both can be frustrating they’re the ones the every game create the chances for the team.

Horgan has been in and out all season yet when he plays he does make things happen.

Mallan is one of our only centre mids that actually drop, try get on the ball and make things happen. He gets caught it defensively at times but not one person on here thought he was getting signed for that side of his game.

Flo has been poor lately but we can’t play Shaw or Mclaren up top on their own imo, hopefully the early hook gives him a boot. Maybe Lewis Allan will get another shot?

eastmainsmsh
06-12-2018, 11:59 PM
Marciano

Efe Porteous Milligan

Marvais Bartley Slivka Stevenson

Mallan

Kamberi Maclaren

SMAXXA
07-12-2018, 12:06 AM
Assume Hyndman is injured what’s the latest with him?

Hi Heid Yin
07-12-2018, 12:09 AM
Allen Shaw
Horgan Mallan Slivka Boyle
Stevenson Porteous Ambrose Gray/Mavrias
Marciano

I'd drop Kamberi (for obvious reasons) and put Shaw up front alongside Lewis Allen for a double spear head ( something different, and who knows, their youthful energy and enthusiasm might strike dividends)

I'd drop Milligan (simply to give him a welcome rest) and order Slivka ( a player who is yet to win me over) to try something beyond neat tippy-tappy such as "Drive At Hamiltons defence, constantly"

I'd hope to see Gray back (boy have we missed his energy down the right flank whilst linking well with Boyle) If not then new boy Mavrias being tasked to mimic Grays runs down the flank.

I'd drop Bogdan ( for a deserved and welcome break) and bring back "Rocky" to freshen things at the back and to hand out rollickings to the guys directly in front of him should they "lose their man" "not attack the ball" " commit school boy errors"

I hesitated in including Bartley as he is a midfield enforcer more than an attacking midfielder, simply because we are playing Hamilton - a struggling side that we should be able to contain and not feel compelled to overload our side with too many defenders (ie Kilmarnock away!!)

Stuart93
07-12-2018, 12:16 AM
Assume Hyndman is injured what’s the latest with him?

Not good enough? Would expect him to be gone come January

Hi Heid Yin
07-12-2018, 12:23 AM
What a depressing read this thread is. Shows how horribly thin we are. None of the suggested teams give me any confidence at all to be honest.

This is how I felt as I tried my level best to come up with a line up I actually rated and felt confident could do a good job.

This said, the same bunch of players have actually turned in some great performances this season and loss of confidence can affect the best of sides.

Hi Heid Yin
07-12-2018, 12:31 AM
Not good enough? Would expect him to be gone come January

You took the words right out of my mouth.

It also raises the question: how good really is the EPL (apart from your elite players and clubs) when players are loaned out to clubs like us in the SPL and fail to catch the eye, or deliver or generally struggle with the pace of the game up here?
You'd think most if not all of them would simply stroll our league.
Overrated springs to mind!

Diclonius
07-12-2018, 01:02 PM
Agyepong, Gray, Bartley, Hanlon and Hyndman all out.

truehibernian
07-12-2018, 01:12 PM
I'd go with Bogdan, Mavrias, Porteous, Efe and Lewy. Midfield of Whittaker anchoring in front of the back 4, with Mallan left, Boyle right and Slivka at the tip of a diamond. Jamie and Flo up top. Simples.

Milligan is a poor player for me having now seen him in a few games. Misses tackles, commits too early and poor decision making. Doesn't deserve to go straight back in.

RossScott1991
07-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Marciano

Mavrias Ambrose Porteous Stevenson

Milligan Slivka

Mallan

Boyle Kamberi F.Murray

Probaly unpopular but this would be my team.

Daydreamer
07-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Nelom

Boyle
Slivka
Stevenson
Horgan

Kamberi
Porteous

Yip, Porteous at center forward and Stevenson in midfield. Against my principles but we must win tomorrow so throw caution to the wind.

Blaster
07-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Assume folk just ignore the fact gray, Hanlon and Bartley are injured?

scoopyboy
07-12-2018, 01:30 PM
There are some weird and wonderful selections on this thread.

Shows just how far out of sorts we are as a team, when going well there is generally the odd tweak here or there.

When struggling logic appears to go out the window.

I wouldn't know where to start for tomorrow other than Ryan Porteous at centre half.

Blaster
07-12-2018, 01:33 PM

Shows just how far out of sorts we are as a team, when going well there is generally the odd tweak here or there.

I wouldn't know where to start for tomorrow other than Ryan Porteous at centre half.

Here’s my go but like you finding it difficult!

Bogdan

Mavrias
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka
Mallan

Boyle
Kamberi
McLaren

MWHIBBIES
07-12-2018, 01:37 PM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Nelom

Boyle
Slivka
Stevenson
Horgan

Kamberi
Porteous

Yip, Porteous at center forward and Stevenson in midfield. Against my principles but we must win tomorrow so throw caution to the wind.And winning will be easier with a defender up front?

B.H.F.C
07-12-2018, 01:38 PM
For all the criticism of the likes of Mallan and Horgan I’d still start them as they are at least likely to create something. Boyle as well.

Ambrose and Porteous start for me. Slivka for some legs in the middle of the park. Other than that I don’t have a clue.

Daydreamer
07-12-2018, 01:42 PM
And winning will be easier with a defender up front?

He will get pushed up front if we're getting beat anyway so caution to the wind.

truehibernian
07-12-2018, 01:44 PM

What's your thoughts on Milligan scoopy ? I think he is very average and offers little in a midfield sense - indeed there are times where his lack of timing has cost us goals. Very disappointed in him and a weird addition for me.

Slivka is an enigma, but the times I have seen him higher up the pitch (second half v Hearts at Tynie last season, v Celtic in the home win, and v The Rangers in the 5-5, and in a development game) he has been very effective if allowed to concentrate on that role behind the strikers.

Agree about Porteous, my fear there is how long we keep him - very mature head on very young shoulders and a threat at set pieces which we have lacked for a while. Exciting prospect :aok: not sure why Murray is out the picture though, he looked very promising albeit a little lightweight physically.

BegbieHSC
07-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Marciano

Gray - Porteous - Ambrose - Stevenson

Slivka - Milligan - Mallan

Horgan

Kamberi - Maclaren

Boyle dropped for me, because although the likes of Mallan and our strikers are underperforming, they at least look like they’ve tried a wee bit. Boyle however has barely lifted his head since the Celtic game, and unfortunately is like a man down in this form.

MWHIBBIES
07-12-2018, 01:51 PM
He will get pushed up front if we're getting beat anyway so caution to the wind.May as well have the goalie up for every corner then right?

superfurryhibby
07-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Marciano

Gray - Porteous - Ambrose - Stevenson

Slivka - Milligan - Mallan

Horgan

Kamberi - Maclaren

Boyle dropped for me, because although the likes of Mallan and our strikers are underperforming, they at least look like they’ve tried a wee bit. Boyle however has barely lifted his head since the Celtic game, and unfortunately is like a man down in this form.

Did you miss the assist for Shaw’s goal the other night?

Boyle isn’t the problem and continues to work hard and create chances.

MacGruber
07-12-2018, 02:14 PM
We need energy and legs in the middle of the pitch. Players wait for their chance and if now is not the time when is?

I think Slivka is effective further up the park and he is mobile. People with the jerseys have gave them up. Time for Fraser Murray - he has legs aswell. At least that starts to give us a bit energy.

As for the rest of the team - god only knows.

Hibs90
07-12-2018, 02:16 PM
Marciano

Mavrias - Ambrose -Porteous -Nelom

Bartley

Slivka Stevenson

F. Murray

Shaw - Allan

Brooster
07-12-2018, 02:16 PM
Here’s my go but like you finding it difficult!

Bogdan

Mavrias
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka
Mallan

Boyle
Kamberi
McLaren

Nelom for Stevenson and Shaw for McLaren would be my team. They all need to pick it up though.

BegbieHSC
07-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Did you miss the assist for Shaw’s goal the other night?

Boyle isn’t the problem and continues to work hard and create chances.

I’m sorry - I hate singling out individual players, but that is literally one of the only decent flashes from Boyle across this spell.

Ive seen no effort, or hard-work - just aimless drifting with his head down, across this run.

Your opinion’s fair though - just shows how funny a game football is, given my interpretation is the opposite.

JackHibs
07-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Marciano
Gray Ambrose Porteous Stevenson
Boyle Slivka Milligan Mallan Horgan
Kamberi

If Grays not fit then Mavrais - or ambrose and then hanlon in CB. We played well playing 451 previously and gives us more bodies in the middle.

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2018, 02:28 PM
Send this thread on to Lennon.

He’s no got a clue and could do with our help apparently.

Diclonius
07-12-2018, 02:34 PM
Marciano

Mavrias - Ambrose -Porteous -Nelom

Bartley

Slivka Stevenson

F. Murray

Shaw - Allan

That's an odd one. Why have you put the majority of our team on the right touchline? :wink:

erin go bragh
07-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Rocky

Mavaris

Effe
Portoues
Hanlon

Stevenson

Slivka
Milligan
Mallan

Kamberi
Shaw

Smartie
07-12-2018, 05:17 PM
That's an odd one. Why have you put the majority of our team on the right touchline? :wink:

I think he found it on a scrumpled up piece of paper outside Neil Lennon's office.

"If you think this is weird, you should see the ones I rejected...."

Scooter
07-12-2018, 05:46 PM
Rocky

Harry
Ambrose
Hanlon
Nelom

Milligan

Slivka
Mallan

Horgan

Kamberi
McLaren

scoopyboy
07-12-2018, 06:45 PM
What's your thoughts on Milligan scoopy ? I think he is very average and offers little in a midfield sense - indeed there are times where his lack of timing has cost us goals. Very disappointed in him and a weird addition for me.

Slivka is an enigma, but the times I have seen him higher up the pitch (second half v Hearts at Tynie last season, v Celtic in the home win, and v The Rangers in the 5-5, and in a development game) he has been very effective if allowed to concentrate on that role behind the strikers.

Agree about Porteous, my fear there is how long we keep him - very mature head on very young shoulders and a threat at set pieces which we have lacked for a while. Exciting prospect :aok: not sure why Murray is out the picture though, he looked very promising albeit a little lightweight physically.

I don't know what to make of Milligan, at first I thought he was good and we didn't lose a goal with him in the team for quite a while.

Slivka is another I'm not sure about, having said that I'm not sure about many of them at the moment. Really weird that so many have lost form at the same time. Tynecastle has been the step change for me this season, fine up to and including that night but hellish since.

Fraser Murray has been plagued by injuries which is a shame as I'm sure he would have had a fair bit of game time in the first team by now.

Onceinawhile
07-12-2018, 07:42 PM
Fraser Murray has been plagued by injuries which is a shame as I'm sure he would have had a fair bit of game time in the first team by now.

Is he still injured? He's the type of player we need, not sure if he's good enough yet, but he's the type we need.

So many players just so poor at the moment, it's hard to try and pick a team.

Allant1981
07-12-2018, 07:44 PM
Marciano
Gray
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson
Boyle
Milligan
Slivka
Horgan
Kamberi
Maclaren

B.H.F.C
07-12-2018, 07:48 PM
What is actually wrong with Gray? I’m finding his situation really strange.

His injury is never, apparently, long term but who knows when we’ll ever see him again.

shetlandhibee
07-12-2018, 08:00 PM
marciano has to start IMO im really surprized he hasnt allready,if hes fit he should be playing, with any of the above i think that would improve our defence straight away, thats what i think....GGTTH

Hibernia&Alba
07-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Accies are around 4/1 to win the game. That's great value, given our recent form, but I couldn't do it.

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Accies are around 4/1 to win the game. That's great value, given our recent form, but I couldn't do it.

I don't gamble so also won't be touching it but that's an outrageous price.

Inconsequential
07-12-2018, 11:55 PM
That's an odd one. Why have you put the majority of our team on the right touchline? :wink: As many fans have pointed out the squad is totally unbalanced. :agree:

H18 SFR
08-12-2018, 07:36 AM
Today is the day lads and lassies. Hibernian win.

Souter96Mac
08-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Feeling good today, Mon the Hibees

BILLYHIBS
08-12-2018, 08:01 AM
Judging by Gary Parker’s final comments at the press conference I reckon today’s team is going to be another belter with a few booted ***** warming the bench!

SteveHFC
08-12-2018, 08:17 AM
Judging by Gary Parker’s final comments at the press conference I reckon today’s team is going to be another belter with a few booted ***** warming the bench!

First thing we need to do is stop leaking goals until forwards start to find net again

J-C
08-12-2018, 08:20 AM
First thing we need to do is stop leaking goals until forwards start to find net again

You defend from the front Steve, until our forwards and midfield start grafting our defence will be under pressure.

Greenbeard
08-12-2018, 09:57 AM
God forbid we set up again "not to lose". If we are going to continue dropping points I'd rather we did it at 2-2 rather than a turgid 0-0, or even a 2-3 rather than 0-1.
And before anyone else says it, I'd rather we didn't drop points at all.

Heisenberg
08-12-2018, 10:03 AM
4-4-2 diamond.

Marciano

Mavrias
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Slivka
Boyle

Maclaren
Kamberi

eastcoasthibby
08-12-2018, 10:03 AM
You defend from the front Steve, until our forwards and midfield start grafting our defence will be under pressure.

This is very true but defenders need to defend at times our defenders are too easily turned or dont shut players down tight enough.
Midfield is a bigger problem in terms.of defending though they are woeful in not tackling, matching.runs, or even just osing the game down, they seem to have no natural defensive sense of midfielers roles.
For what its worth I would play Kamberi and Shaw.today again get Kamberi's crap out of him.

Scooter
08-12-2018, 10:34 AM

Funny I expect it to be the opposite. Kamberi has to start. No point in giving him dogs abuse and not giving him the chance to redeem himself

Hiber-nation
08-12-2018, 10:47 AM
Could do worse than play Lewis in midfield as Nelom looked ok in the 2nd half last week and we need another body in there that can actually compete and pass a ball. Can't see it mind you.

HAZ2000
08-12-2018, 11:04 AM
Shaw, Mavrias and Slivka have to start

Allant1981
08-12-2018, 11:06 AM

I agree Slivka but not so fussed about the other 2, yes Shaw scored the other night but personally don't see what he offers and didn't think mavrias was any better than Whittaker but to be fair to him he has hardly played any football recently so might not be 100% match sharp yet

Benjeloon
08-12-2018, 11:18 AM
4-4-2 diamond.

Marciano

Mavrias
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Slivka
Boyle

Maclaren
Kamberi

Replace Slivka with Horgan and you've got a good formation with every player in their best position.

Only thing is that is missing then is a big performance from every player.

I don't think Lennon and Parker are going to rely on those performances coming for some reason so I think the lineup will be this:

Flat 4-4-2

Bogdan

Mavrias
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Horgan
Boyle

Maclaren
Shaw

bigwheel
08-12-2018, 11:19 AM

With few exceptions we don't have many who "must" start at the moment...none of these above have earned that..
What the players must do is work really hard together...something that has not been happening .....if they do that I'd expect to see our form turn around....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibees1973
08-12-2018, 11:19 AM

Definately......you have to go back to Butcher’s reign when we have so many under performing players and no one has a clue of of our formation/team going into a game.

Throw in the Accies pitch and today’s high winds the game is going to be a lottery.

Don’t know how any Hibee can go into this game with confidence, even misguided.

Smartie
08-12-2018, 11:21 AM
Efe and Bogdan are the only two who "must" start imo.

Even then, some could probably make a case for Marciano starting.

superfurryhibby
08-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Definately......you have to go back to Butcher’s reign when we have so many under performing players and no one has a clue of of our formation/team going into a game.

Throw in the Accies pitch and today’s high winds the game is going to be a lottery.

Don’t know how any Hibee can go into this game with confidence, even misguided.

Aye right enough, we’re doomed.

Lets anticipate a heavy defeat, that removes the fear of defeat or something like that.