PDA

View Full Version : Well done Killie

LustForLeith
06-12-2018, 06:39 AM
They’re not going to be top of the league at the end the season (they might not even be there by the end of the weekend) but it’s a great achievement for them to be there now.

Admin: feel free to delete. Too bleary eyed this morning to realise there was another thread on this subject!

Islington Hibs
06-12-2018, 06:47 AM
Who would have believed it Kilmarnock top of the league in December. Outstanding performance on gates of 5000. Gives us all hope and shows it is not just money that buys success.but teamwork, organisation, discipline and confidence. What an incredible performance on their budget.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 06:49 AM
Clarke is doing an incredible job there. They’re also not short of quality players aswell.

bob12345
06-12-2018, 06:55 AM
Clarke is doing an incredible job there. They’re also not short of quality players aswell.

With the exception of Stewart, Burke and Broadfoot, not many that had any real success before they played for Killie.

Lendo
06-12-2018, 06:56 AM
Were they not bottom of the table last season when he was hired? It's unbelievable turnaround.

Credit where credit's due, especially given their budget. Perhaps it's time for us to build a hotel to add to our coffers.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 07:00 AM
With the exception of Stewart, Burke and Broadfoot, not many that had any real success before they played for Killie.

Yup, possibly not. However the likes of Brophy, Jones, Dicker, O’Donnell and Stewart are now at the level where they would potentially walk into most Scottish Premiership sides.

MacGruber
06-12-2018, 07:34 AM
What a difference it makes signing good players

Hulk1875
06-12-2018, 07:36 AM
They’ll lose a few key players in the summer and have a nighntanre next season

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 07:42 AM
They’ll lose a few key players in the summer and have a nighntanre next season

If they lost Clarke I could agree with that. With Clarke at the helm I’d suspect they’ll always be a handy side.

SQHib
06-12-2018, 07:51 AM
Who would have believed it Kilmarnock top of the league in December. Outstanding performance on gates of 5000. Gives us all hope and shows it is not just money that buys success.but teamwork, organisation, discipline and confidence. What an incredible performance on their budget.

Great to see and makes a mockery of Neil’s disappointing “glass Celiling “ comment last week - a team with half our budget at top - shows its not pie in the sky - a good manger and all pulling together works wonders

Sylar
06-12-2018, 07:58 AM
Tough ask to go to Celtc Park at the weekend, as they'll be reeling from their draw with Motherwell, but Killie are playing some good football just now.

With Brophy, Jones, Burke and Stewart they have considerable attacking clout. Fingers crossed they don't go to Parkhead and try and play for the draw.

BILLYHIBS
06-12-2018, 07:58 AM
Even although we beat them at the start of the season they are by far the best team I have seen so far at Easter Road this season

Budget wise their performance so far this season is a minor miracle

Well done Killie

Onceinawhile
06-12-2018, 08:10 AM
Yup, well done Killie.

Given we all want a team outwith Celtic or Rangers to win the league, Killie would probably be the best bet as we don't want it to be Aberdeen or Hearts.

Springbank
06-12-2018, 08:40 AM
But Neil Lennon told me there was a glass ceiling?

Steve Clarke showing him up right now.

And we've not even played Rangers yet (with all the pantomime that comes with it)

Really is time for Lennon to shape up or ship out

superfurryhibby
06-12-2018, 08:51 AM
Fantastic for Killie and it shows what can be done. I hope their fans are getting right behind them and backing this team. It’s been a long, long time since they’ve had a side with this kind of quality.

Great for the Scottish game overall and it shows what an experienced and inspirational manager can achieve.

Since90+2
06-12-2018, 08:53 AM
Would not be massively surprised to see Rodgers leave Celtic in the summer and Clarke in as his replacement. He has done a phenomenal job.

One Day Soon
06-12-2018, 09:54 AM
Great to see and makes a mockery of Neil’s disappointing “glass Celiling “ comment last week - a team with half our budget at top - shows its not pie in the sky - a good manger and all pulling together works wonders

a) he didn't say it and b) No it doesn't - because it is the end of the season that counts.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 09:58 AM
a) he didn't say it and b) No it doesn't - because it is the end of the season that counts.

He agreed that it was a possibility. It’s semantics whether he said it or not really isn’t it, the idea that we have potentially hit a glass ceiling was a possibility to him.

Bit like someone saying we were pish last night, a poster agreeing with it then telling people they never said we were pish.

wookie70
06-12-2018, 10:42 AM
Amazing achievement. He may be dour but he knows how to set a team up and get them playing to a formation with clear roles. No evidence of that with us under Lennon who is more a man manager. From what I have read they would win the league if you took it back 38 games from today. There is no reason they can't win the league as they have gathered more points than any other team in the last year. Always the chance of a Leicester type occurrence if you keep the squad fit and they have the confidence of knowing their position and place in the team.

One Day Soon
06-12-2018, 10:50 AM
He agreed that it was a possibility. It’s semantics whether he said it or not really isn’t it, the idea that we have potentially hit a glass ceiling was a possibility to him.

Bit like someone saying we were pish last night, a poster agreeing with it then telling people they never said we were pish.

It is foolish to try to pin this on him when he never said it, answered it as diplomatically as he could and then went on in the rest of the interview to say all the things we would have wanted to hear. It just makes it look like people either haven't really been paying attention to what he did and didn't say or alternatively that they have an agenda about Lennon and will use anything that comes their way to beat him with. It's not as though there aren't plenty of other things to disagree with or take him to task about if people are so minded.

I don't really understand your last sentence. What did I miss in the John Woo-esque exchanges on last night's .net?

lord bunberry
06-12-2018, 10:58 AM
**** them. I won’t be giving them any congratulations.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 11:00 AM
It is foolish to try to pin this on him when he never said it, answered it as diplomatically as he could and then went on in the rest of the interview to say all the things we would have wanted to hear. It just makes it look like people either haven't really been paying attention to what he did and didn't say or alternatively that they have an agenda about Lennon and will use anything that comes their way to beat him with. It's not as though there aren't plenty of other things to disagree with or take him to task about if people are so minded.

I don't really understand your last sentence. What did I miss in the John Woo-esque exchanges on last night's .net?

He could have said “no, we’ve not hit a glass ceiling and I believe we can compete at the top end of the table”. Instead he said something along the lines of “yes, we possibly have hit a glass ceiling”.

My last sentence I was trying to say that although he wasn’t the one to mention the words glass ceiling he suggested it could be a possibility after it was mentioned. Debating whether he specifically said the words “we may have hit a glass ceiling” or not is a bit pointless.

One Day Soon
06-12-2018, 11:08 AM
He could have said “no, we’ve not hit a glass ceiling and I believe we can compete at the top end of the table”. Instead he said something along the lines of “yes, we possibly have hit a glass ceiling”.

My last sentence I was trying to say that although he wasn’t the one to mention the words glass ceiling he suggested it could be a possibility after it was mentioned. Debating whether he specifically said the words “we may have hit a glass ceiling” or not is a bit pointless.

You really are playing with semantics now. I think your desire to see him go or a dislike of him is clouding judgment here and you are reading into a response to a question that was put to him an intent on his part that just isn't there.

The sentence i was referring to was this one: "Bit like someone saying we were pish last night, a poster agreeing with it then telling people they never said we were pish."

murray26
06-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Absolutely brilliant job Stevie Clarke is doing.. long may it continue I would love to see them do a Leicester city although I know there’s no chance.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-12-2018, 05:21 AM

And we've not even played Rangers yet (with all the pantomime that comes with it)

Neil Lennons context is not Steve Clarke’s. But ignore that and go with whatever agenda you have.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-12-2018, 05:26 AM

If he “told” you then could you not save us some reading time and have told him what you think? :)

Brizo
07-12-2018, 05:39 AM

Steve Clarke is showing everyone up just now.

You are also showing yourself up jumping on every thread possible with your tiresome wee anti Lennon crusade / agenda.

chrisski33
07-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Sad to to think Pat Nevin recommended Clarke but the Hibs board ignored him

lord bunberry
07-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Sad to to think Pat Nevin recommended Clarke but the Hibs board ignored him
I’m not sad about it. We’ve got a top class manager already.

Albanian Hibs
07-12-2018, 06:41 PM
**** them. I won’t be giving them any congratulations.

Exactly