PDA

View Full Version : Skipping press conf? It happens to the best of em. Can we move on...

Viva_Palmeiras
06-12-2018, 04:56 AM
https://www.news18.com/footballnext/news/uefa-charges-alex-ferguson-for-skipping-press-conference-594941.html

Based on overall performances I think we need to consider Lennon not just on current form.

Whether he attendends PC or not doesn’t mean one thing or other for leadership. Just that he’s not dancing to someone else’s tune.

bingo70
06-12-2018, 05:07 AM
Missing one press conference is fine.

To miss them all and say that Parker will be doing the media for the foreseeable future is odd and points to something being amiss.

Imo of course

Weegreenman
06-12-2018, 05:08 AM
https://www.news18.com/footballnext/news/uefa-charges-alex-ferguson-for-skipping-press-conference-594941.html

Based on overall performances I think we need to consider Lennon not just on current form.

Whether he attendends PC or not doesn’t mean one thing or other for leadership. Just that he’s not dancing to someone else’s tune.

The supporters want to hear/see him give an explanation. All is good, just a little dip in form, we can and will sort this. Give us something, anything!

neil7908
06-12-2018, 06:29 AM
Missing one press conference is fine.

To miss them all and say that Parker will be doing the media for the foreseeable future is odd and points to something being amiss.

Imo of course

I agree. Not saying we should be sacking him cause of this but its an issue. I might send staff I manage to do a difficult presentation if really necessary but I wouldn't just say nah I'm not doing them anymore and leave it to someone else.

The fans are having a hard time at the moment and you look to the guy leading the football team to come out and give you confidence and reassure you.

Lennon has made a few comments in the past after games about wanting to leave and I wonder if there is concern he'll say something similar.

The 90+2
06-12-2018, 06:32 AM
Did Lennon skip press conferences at Celtic? Or did one of their own give the support explanations during tough runs and front up for the club? Poor Parker in all of this.

Hibee Mac
06-12-2018, 06:36 AM
Honestly starting to believe Lennon thinks he's above the club and can do what he likes.

This run of form is nothing short of diabolical and he has a lot to answer for, yet he just doesn't bother with the press conferences anymore. Not exactly showing the leadership he is supposed to.

Smartie
06-12-2018, 06:42 AM
Parker's explaining the decisions and telling us what we need to know, and I don't have a problem with either what he's saying or the fact that it's hi saying it.

I like Parker, he comes across well.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 07:38 AM
Parker's explaining the decisions and telling us what we need to know, and I don't have a problem with either what he's saying or the fact that it's hi saying it.

Parker does come across well but during a run like this you want the guy who’s ultimately responsible to come out and attempt to give an explanation as to what’s going on. Instead he has went into hiding. It’s not exactly the sign of a leader.

Centre Hawf
06-12-2018, 07:55 AM
If Butcher did this during our rut he would have been crucified and it would have been rememebred for years as an example of his ineptness. Or if Calderwood did it it would have been seen as an example of how little he cared.

I want to see Lennon turn this around but some of the slack he’s being cut by some people is unreal.

bingo70
06-12-2018, 07:57 AM

Each to their own but I don’t think he comes across well at all.

I feel for him as to me it’s clear being in front of the media is something he doesn’t feel comfortable doing and I suspect one of the reasons he doesn’t want to be a manager himself. I also don’t like players being openly criticised by their management, that should be done behind closed doors imo.

I know some people like the honesty but there’s ways of being honest without chucking the players under the bus.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-12-2018, 04:22 PM
It’s not words it’s actions.
When the going got tough iirc Stubbs got his head down and quietly went about his business.
Me at way for Lennon to use his energy is probably not in interviews at the no’.

Elephant Stone
06-12-2018, 04:42 PM
Parker does come across well but during a run like this you want the guy who’s ultimately responsible to come out and attempt to give an explanation as to what’s going on. Instead he has went into hiding. It’s not exactly the sign of a leader.

He has gone into hiding :faf:

Can we put together a search party to find him?

FAO LENNON, YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE

The Tubs
06-12-2018, 04:49 PM
If Butcher did this during our rut he would have been crucified and it would have been rememebred for years as an example of his ineptness. Or if Calderwood did it it would have been seen as an example of how little he cared.

I want to see Lennon turn this around but some of the slack he’s being cut by some people is unreal.

Not taking sides but Butcher did. The only time he spoke before Hamilton away was the 3-3 draw against well.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 05:12 PM
He has gone into hiding :faf:

Can we put together a search party to find him?

FAO LENNON, YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE

Attempting to deflect from the point due to the turn of phrase used. Anything constructive to say?

Keith_M
06-12-2018, 05:14 PM

I would have preferred it if Butcher had skipped the press events, TBH. Then we wouldn't have had to hear his wierd logic on games that went wrong, like...

"losing the first goal takes away the fear of losing the first goal".

Mick O'Rourke
06-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Many managers/coaches have missed post match interviews.
No less than the Great Fergie.
Not a fan of these impromptu "interrogations" as some turn out.
How many managers have ended up in front of the "beaks" for comments made about officials at them?
Also some interviewers look for the controversial "soundbite" for a headline.
Or just ask stupid/banal questions.
(Strachan was always good at deflecting those ones or just blanking the interviewer.
And many times, it has nought to do with the game, but the man in question.
In this instance, Lenny.
I notice so many personal questions asked of Neil in the past,rather than the game just finished.

So maybe he has had enough ,for the time being , of questions like
How are you going to turn this round?
or
Will your position be untenable, if this poor run goes goes on?

Maybe best ,in such circumstances, that post match interviews are delegated to others.
Or even sought the following day, when things have "calmed down"

Post match interviews, a few minutes after the final whistle, are events most managers would maybe prefer not to do.

Particularly after a defeat !

Keith_M
06-12-2018, 05:21 PM
As a totally random thought on the subject, not based on any inside info...

Is it possible he's been told not to speak to the press so often? Maybe because some of us, myself included, were getting annoyed at some of the stuff he was coming out with, so somebody felt it would be for the best if he just didn't say anything.

Perhaps there could also be an element of him realising he has trouble sticking to just the football side of things (not a criticism, I ramble on a bit as well) and felt he should have a break from it for a while.

Hi Heid Yin
06-12-2018, 05:35 PM
As a totally random thought on the subject, not based on any inside info...

Is it possible he's been told not to speak to the press so often? Maybe because some of us, myself included, were getting annoyed at some of the stuff he was coming out with, so somebody felt it would be for the best if he just didn't say anything.

Perhaps there could also be an element of him realising he has trouble sticking to just the football side of things (not a criticism, I ramble on a bit as well) and felt he should have a break from it for a while.

On both points: Yes!
These are actually sensible and rational explanations.

Elephant Stone
06-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Attempting to deflect from the point due to the turn of phrase used. Anything constructive to say?

I'm not deflecting anything, I'm enjoying some of your trademark hyperbole.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-12-2018, 09:36 PM
Here’s one since you asked ...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiPya3toYzfAhVNxxoKHVIuC6wQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.skysports.com%2Ffootball%2Fn ews%2F11781%2F7637931%2Flennon-misses-press-conference&psig=AOvVaw29ivlk47YxAGHIe_dJ4CdF&ust=1544222129974070

Did Lennon skip press conferences at Celtic? Or did one of their own give the support explanations during tough runs and front up for the club? Poor Parker in all of this.

chookyembra
07-12-2018, 12:00 AM
Honestly starting to believe Lennon thinks he's above the club and can do what he likes.

This run of form is nothing short of diabolical and he has a lot to answer for, yet he just doesn't bother with the press conferences anymore. Not exactly showing the leadership he is supposed to.

I’m on this page too. He is not bigger than our club and should act accordingly.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-12-2018, 04:47 AM
I’m on this page too. He is not bigger than our club and should act accordingly.

This very week we had Mallan speak to the press and a .net post saying effectively stop with words we want action. Sometimes when theres a lot of stuff flying around it doesn’t matter what is said it gets caught in the crossfire and maelstrom.

We need action not the “theatre” of the post match interview - there was one btw! Let’s not get hung up on the semantics.

So the answer would appear to be “no” we can’t move on right now so what is it that folks are waiting for or will this continue to be a thing/stick until Lennon either givea a state of the nation, the team goes on a winning streak, resigns or something else?

Do we want to hear “rejects” sounbites, “plataues” go over analyse add future pressure require Lennon to explain OR just get on with the job (god Therese has made that phrase trigger a Pavlovian response in me ;)

Centre Hawf
07-12-2018, 09:15 AM
Not taking sides but Butcher did. The only time he spoke before Hamilton away was the 3-3 draw against well.

Butcher spoke to Hibs TV every week without fail.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Managers talk pish, managers lie, i really dont know why folk hang onto every word as gospel?

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2018, 12:46 PM

Would you rather that everyone was jumping up and down bumping their gums?

What would that achieve?

Centre Hawf
07-12-2018, 01:49 PM
Would you rather that everyone was jumping up and down bumping their gums?

What would that achieve?

No what I would rather is that some people be realistic and hold Lennon to a higher standard than they currently do. Some (not aiming this at you) will make any excuse for him at this point and not see any of his mistakes or poor decisions.

Imo him choosing to dodge press is a poor decision, while we may not come away with anything from him actually speaking, it's his job to do give his thoughts or explanations for things. We're all held accountable in our jobs for our actions and performances and we are expected to explain the bad just like we expect to be praised for the good. It goes both ways.

I'm a bit old fashioned in that I believe we the fans are Neils employer, and I wager that while the vast majority of Hibs fans don't want to see him sacked and fully back him to fix this (including myself), they would also expect to hear from him at this time and will be a bit miffed that he has chosen this option.

bingo70
07-12-2018, 03:13 PM
No press conference today yet?

Thought it was normally at about 2/3pm but doesn’t seem to be anything coming out today.

Even if there’s nothing controversial you usually get injury updates by now.

oneone73
07-12-2018, 03:15 PM
No press conference today yet?

Thought it was normally at about 2/3pm but doesn’t seem to be anything coming out today.

Even if there’s nothing controversial you usually get injury updates by now.
It's normally on Thursdays?

bingo70
07-12-2018, 03:20 PM
It's normally on Thursdays?

Nah, the pre-match press conference is normally the day before.

Think Hearts is on a Thursday and we are Friday.

Radium
07-12-2018, 04:14 PM
https://youtu.be/mjDOCGrcV1k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radium
07-12-2018, 04:15 PM
https://youtu.be/_QweQVvaY2c

CentreLine
07-12-2018, 04:20 PM
Thought Olly Shaw was pushed unnecessarily hard by the press to say something against NL. Instead he came back with very reasonable and measured responses but had to do so repeated. Well done OS.
The press are a cancer on society with an agenda of their own every time. Only in my opinion of course

Diclonius
07-12-2018, 04:30 PM
Players are *****, not playing well
Flo's been ***** for weeks, he better start playing
Squad is *****, have to buy in January cause our current players (who bought them?) aren't good enough
Don't blame us blame the players for being *****
Neil has the flu.

Summary of Parker's press conference.

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 04:33 PM
Parker again.

Radium
07-12-2018, 04:39 PM
Thought Olly Shaw was pushed unnecessarily hard by the press to say something against NL. Instead he came back with very reasonable and measured responses but had to do so repeated. Well done OS.
The press are a cancer on society with an agenda of their own every time. Only in my opinion of course

My take as well. Don’t know how the players are chosen for press calls but I had expected an older head to be put forward. Not a criticism of Oli who handled it well

davym7062
07-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Squad is *****, have to buy in January cause our current players (who bought them?) aren't good enough
Neil has the flu.

That’s exactly what he said

DaveF
07-12-2018, 04:51 PM
Neil has the flu.

I'm assuming this is a piss take.

bingo70
07-12-2018, 04:59 PM
My take as well. Don’t know how the players are chosen for press calls but I had expected an older head to be put forward. Not a criticism of Oli who handled it well

So it was rumoured during the week there was a fall out with the senior players before or after the game midweek and in the build up to this game we’ve heard from two of the youngest players in the squad in Shaw and Porteous.

No way that’s a coincidence imo.

we are hibs
07-12-2018, 05:08 PM

That 3-3 was in the March and he came out with the "sometimes it's good to lose a goal early" pish in April after st.mirren gubbed us away from home

Billy Whizz
07-12-2018, 05:12 PM
So it was rumoured during the week there was a fall out with the senior players before or after the game midweek and in the build up to this game we’ve heard from two of the youngest players in the squad in Shaw and Porteous.

No way that’s a coincidence imo.

Wednesday’s goalscorers

Borderhibbie76
07-12-2018, 05:23 PM

I want to see Lennon turn this around but some of the slack he’s being cut by some people is unreal.Indeed he's getting an easy ride because of who he is...if any of our previous managers done his during such a chronic run of form the fans would be baying for blood. Imo its just not on TBH and he's treating the hibs fans with a bit of contempt

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
07-12-2018, 05:26 PM
Neil has the flu.

Summary of Parker's press conference.Not the flu again...do they think we are daft???

bingo70
07-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Not the flu again...do they think we are daft???

If it’s the flu then I’d assume he’s not been at training either.

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 05:48 PM
I'm assuming this is a piss take.

No. That’s what was said word for word. What a ****in shambles.

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 05:49 PM
If it’s the flu then I’d assume he’s not been at training either.

Parker and Neil are discussing the team for tomorrow later. I hope it’s on the phone with all the Flu Lennon is getting.

bigwheel
07-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Have to say that was a terrible pre match conference to listen to from Parker...depressing ...

bingo70
07-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Have to say that was a terrible pre match conference to listen to from Parker...depressing ...

Shocking press conference.

All the players fault and they’ll be getting replaced in January.

Nothing like everyone being in it together to turn things around eh.

BILLYHIBS
07-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Looks as though we are in for another earth shattering and mind blowing team selection
“You will find out tomorrow.” 🤔

Scorrie
07-12-2018, 06:05 PM
Shocking press conference.

All the players fault and they’ll be getting replaced in January.

Nothing like everyone being in it together to turn things around eh.

That’s too Butcher- esque for my liking. The players are less likely to respond and improve now I would think...

BILLYHIBS
07-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Young Olly did well

silverhibee
07-12-2018, 06:11 PM
Neil has the flu.

How I seen it as well, he looks like he can't even be arsed doing these interviews.

Working there ticket out the club, major surgery needed, are him and Lennon really thinking the board are going to be throwing more money at the squad of players they brought in the summer, I'm sure they know the budget for January and are now making it clear to the board it won't be enough to get us out the mess the "players" have got us in to, Lennon & Parker are blameless in all this.

BILLYHIBS
07-12-2018, 06:14 PM
How I seen it as well, he looks like he can't even be arsed doing these interviews.

Working there ticket out the club, major surgery needed, are him and Lennon really thinking the board are going to be throwing more money at the squad of players they brought in the summer, I'm sure they know the budget for January and are now making it clear to the board it won't be enough to get us out the mess the "players" have got us in to, Lennon & Parker are blameless in all this.
Another fine mess Stan and Olly have got us into more like!

truehibernian
07-12-2018, 06:20 PM

I think both will be gone SH, certainly by start next season. For me the writing was on the wall after Tynecastle last season when Lennon said he was evaluating hi position, then came out saying utter nonsense saying 'I evaluate my position every season'.

His behaviour that night was erratic to say the least (pre and post game) and I genuinely believe he has lost a little heart and focus. Parker never inspires me whenever I hear him and he doesn't offer much during a game either.

Could really do no worse placing Grant Murray in the hot seat for a while and the pair of them (NL and GP) taking a break. Re. the budget, can only assume TA and EH are being sent back to their parent clubs and we have players lined up........can only hope they are attacking ones/options.

Anyway, what are you moaning about, it's this time of year the quality street and celebrations are out in full force :greengrin hope you're well bud :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
07-12-2018, 06:29 PM
get abi harrison and joelle murray in that team tomorrow, am tellin yi

Heisenberg
07-12-2018, 06:35 PM
What a dreadful press conference. Taking no responsibility for the last 7 games but all of the responsibility for the last two seasons.

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 06:35 PM
get abi harrison and joelle murray in that team tomorrow, am tellin yi

What bingo numbers are they? Bingo bingo bingo Steven Whittaker, bingo bingo Boyle out position, Mallan bingo Flo..

Allant1981
07-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Didn't think it was that bad, why try and sugar coat things, that group of players should be doing better than they are, yes team selections could be better but guys like kamberi and mallan have been gash for weeks

bingo70
07-12-2018, 06:36 PM
What a dreadful press conference. Taking no responsibility for the last 7 games but all of the responsibility for the last two seasons.

Good point.

I’m really annoyed by that interview, the players must be absolutely livid.

Allant1981
07-12-2018, 06:37 PM

Pretty sure he did say they take the responsibility for it but the players have to be better

lord bunberry
07-12-2018, 06:38 PM
That was a shocking press conference from Parker. I understand being angry after the game and talking like that, but he needs to be more upbeat before the game. That’s the most worrying thing I’ve seen up to now if I’m being honest.

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2018, 06:41 PM
This whole thread, in fact this whole message board recently, has been a complete nightmare.

Have you all all forgotten what it was like before Lennon was manger?

This has been the best few years I can remember as a Hibs fan and I hope he stays for many more years.

Sure, results have been disappointing the last few weeks but I wouldn’t have anyone else as manager if it was up to me.

When he leaves and we appoint someone else who doesn’t give a damn about results, you’ll all be wanting him back.

How about supporting him and the team through this sticky spell?

bingo70
07-12-2018, 06:47 PM
This whole thread, in fact this whole message board recently, has been a complete nightmare.

This has been the best few years I can remember as a Hibs fan and I hope he stays for many more years.

Sure, results have been disappointing the last few weeks but I wouldn’t have anyone else as manager if it was up to me.

When he leaves and we appoint someone else who doesn’t give a damn about results, you’ll all be wanting him back.

This isn’t just about the results. If it was then I’m sure we’d all be a lot more forgiving.

That press conference today sums up why I’m annoyed about it. It’s a shambles just now.

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 06:47 PM
Didn't think it was that bad, why try and sugar coat things, that group of players should be doing better than they are, yes team selections could be better but guys like kamberi and mallan have been gash for weeks

The management accept no responsibility at all. It was dreadful a shocking message to both the support and the players.

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 06:48 PM

If the board (with LD at the forefront) got the most recent appointments of Lennon right (I’m presuming you agree with this) and the Stubbs appointment right then why are they absolutely undoubtedly going to get the next one so badly wrong?

If Lennon is better than Stubbs (again I’m presuming from your post you think this) and we appointed him in the Championship then what’s to say we wont continue improving on the previous manager next time? We’re a top tier team now, maybe we could attract a better manager than we could have in the Championship?

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 06:49 PM

So it’s the players and the supports fault? The manager is showing complete disregard to the support after previously doing so too.

DaveF
07-12-2018, 06:50 PM
No. That’s what was said word for word. What a ****in shambles.

Oh dear.

And Lennon has the flu.

What a mess.

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2018, 06:50 PM
This isn’t just about the results. If it was then I’m sure we’d all be a lot more forgiving.

That press conference today sums up why I’m annoyed about it. It’s a shambles just now.

So what do you want the club do about it?

Are we seriously getting to the stage where we want a new manger?

If we are then count me out.

I’m fully 100% behind Lennon. I just wish some more of our fans were.

You’ll regret it when he leaves and we’re left with some no mark in his place

silverhibee
07-12-2018, 06:51 PM
I think both will be gone SH, certainly by start next season. For me the writing was on the wall after Tynecastle last season when Lennon said he was evaluating hi position, then came out saying utter nonsense saying 'I evaluate my position every season'.

His behaviour that night was erratic to say the least (pre and post game) and I genuinely believe he has lost a little heart and focus. Parker never inspires me whenever I hear him and he doesn't offer much during a game either.

Could really do no worse placing Grant Murray in the hot seat for a while and the pair of them (NL and GP) taking a break. Re. the budget, can only assume TA and EH are being sent back to their parent clubs and we have players lined up........can only hope they are attacking ones/options.

Anyway, what are you moaning about, it's this time of year the quality street and celebrations are out in full force :greengrin hope you're well bud :aok:

Both are going to be disappointed in January when the board only sanction 1 full signing and a couple of loans.

All good mate, well stocked up with selection boxes and tins of quality street :greengrin

SRHibs
07-12-2018, 06:51 PM

If our management team aren’t willing to support the team then what’s our incentive? I rate most of the players personally, however it’s pretty alarming that NL seems not to.

Bad results aren’t the main issue, it’s the attitude accompanying them. Neil Lennon’s public approach to the situation is what’s really making this bad spell seem terminal.

Barney McGrew
07-12-2018, 06:53 PM

We can still support the team but question the manager for the piss poor performances and being AWOL from talking to anyone about them.

There appears to be a lack of leadership coming from Lennon right now, just at the point where it’s needed the most.

Heisenberg
07-12-2018, 06:54 PM

There’s no chance we’ll replace Lennon with a no mark. We’ll do well. Again.

Barney McGrew
07-12-2018, 06:56 PM
For anyone that hasn’t seen it yet....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mjDOCGrcV1k

green day
07-12-2018, 06:57 PM
Got to be honest, I am not sure what some people really expect Parker to say?

Lennon has clearly gone awol - or flu as he likes to call it - and apart from reiterating what he said on Wednesday I cant see what else he is going to say this afternoon?

One of the journos said "is the club in turmoil" and he batted it back pretty well.

If I remember rightly, we did ok under Parker before, when Lennon was banned, so perhaps this will work ok short term?

There is clearly an issue with Lennon, hes now taking the piss.

bingo70
07-12-2018, 06:58 PM
Oh dear.

And Lennon has the flu.

What a mess.

So shambles on Wednesday night followed by Lennon ripping into them for 45 minutes after the game. The players are off on Thursday and then Lennon is off sick on Friday. Yet it’s the players that are being called out in public for not trying hard enough.

Suppose Lennon genuinely is sick today and he really does have the flu (aye right), that’s the problem with him avoiding media duties recently, it’s a case of boy who cried wolf.

Dempster can’t be very happy at seeing that today either.

Allant1981
07-12-2018, 06:58 PM
The management accept no responsibility at all. It was dreadful a shocking message to both the support and the players.

It wasn't a shocking message, it was a true message, the players have been gash and need to improve and sooner rather than later, the players can be upset all they want, this is their job and they have been horrendous recently, regardless if they get on with Lennon or not this is their job

neil7908
07-12-2018, 06:59 PM

Your second paragraph is bonkers - my greatest moment as a Hibs fan took place a few months before Neil Lennon arrived so I remember the time before him pretty well!

I'm probably a bit younger than some on here but after Stubbs, Mowbray and McLeish have been more successful than Lenny in my time supporting the club.

I appreciate we had some shocking managers over the years but we've had some good ones aswell. Neil Lennon has won us a lower league title and that's all.

BTW I don't want him sacked but right now the fans have a right to be unhappy.

Northernhibee
07-12-2018, 07:00 PM
Taken stick for it over the months but it's coming true and I'm quite happy to fully put all my cards on the table.

I don't want this pantomime anywhere near our football club.

SRHibs
07-12-2018, 07:02 PM
It wasn't a shocking message, it was a true message, the players have been gash and need to improve and sooner rather than later, the players can be upset all they want, this is their job and they have been horrendous recently, regardless if they get on with Lennon or not this is their job

They’re being switched around and played out of position all over the place. There was no need to start fannying around with the team after the Hamilton game.

davy malcolm
07-12-2018, 07:03 PM
Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Allant1981
07-12-2018, 07:05 PM
They’re being switched around and played out of position all over the place. There was no need to start fannying around with the team after the Hamilton game.

How many have actually been played out of position?

Kaff
07-12-2018, 07:06 PM
I agree with Truehibernian, get Grant Murray in charge and put NL and GP on gardening leave. If there is an illness problem then he can seek help without the pressure of fan expectation and when recovered potential to come back and pick up the reins again. Alternatively if its purely down to bad management and losing the changing room then they can work out their next move without disrupting things further, I would fully expect a healthy Neil Lennon to find alternative work quite quickly and we'd be free of excessive payments etc.
Again another alternative would be to do the same with the gardening leave but get Stubbs in as 'temporary' manager, the club, fans and players would get a huge lift imo.

bingo70
07-12-2018, 07:06 PM
Got to be honest, I am not sure what some people really expect Parker to say?

Lennon has clearly gone awol - or flu as he likes to call it - and apart from reiterating what he said on Wednesday I cant see what else he is going to say this afternoon?

One of the journos said "is the club in turmoil" and he batted it back pretty well.

If I remember rightly, we did ok under Parker before, when Lennon was banned, so perhaps this will work ok short term?

There is clearly an issue with Lennon, hes now taking the piss.

“It’s been a tough few weeks but we’re in it together, we’re all working hard to turn it around, they’re good players they just need to find their confidence again” ........etc etc etc

Any number of cliches are bound to be more effective than creating an us and them environment within the squad.

green day
07-12-2018, 07:07 PM

Couldnt agree more

Northernhibee
07-12-2018, 07:08 PM

T

Talented young players coming in, good football being played, a real feel good about the club, Scottish cup win, League Cup final? OK, the league campaign was very poor that season but Lennon only got 1pt more with eye bleeding football and Stubbs had a month like we have coming ahead several months in a row as we were competing on three fronts.

Now we get past it journeymen in, the football is poor, we're 8th in the table, there's a malaise about the club and press conferences that boil down to "not my fault, blame that lot".

Have you forgotten the potential we had?

Allant1981
07-12-2018, 07:09 PM
“It’s been a tough few weeks but we’re in it together, we’re all working hard to turn it around, they’re good players they just need to find their confidence again” ........etc etc etc

Any number of cliches are bound to be more effective than creating an us and them environment within the squad.

Why? Everyone will know it's all crap anyway which will lead to supporters moaning that they are talking rubbish

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2018, 07:09 PM
So I accept I’m in the minority here.

Just stop and think about things for a moment though.

It wasn’t so long ago that we were all delighted with Lennon’s chat and that we had toughened up as a club. A few bad result s and that’s out the window aye?

We must be the worst bunch of fans in the country.

Sticking behind your team during bad periods is what it’s surely all about. We on the other hand appear to relish the opportunity to say that we’re crap and wallow in self pity.

Couldnt give a damn what’s said in press conferences personally but I love hearing what Lennon has to say.

Whilst you might think its strange /wrong / cowardly to avoid the press just now I think he’s absolutely correct. There’s nothing he could say to please you guys or the media so why should he bother.

I’m going to continue supporting him and my team in the hope that things improve.

You can all do whatever the hell you want.

Northernhibee
07-12-2018, 07:10 PM

It wasn’t so long ago that we were all delighted with Lennon’s chat and that we had toughened up as a club. A few bad result s and that’s out the window aye?

Sticking behind your team during bad periods is what it’s surely all about. We on the other hand appear to relish the opportunity to say that we’re crap and wallow in self pity.

Couldnt give a damn what’s said in press conferences personally but I love hearing what Lennon has to say.

Whilst you might think its strange /wrong / cowardly to avoid the press just now I think he’s absolutely correct. There’s nothing he could say to please you guys or the media so why should he bother.

I’m going to continue supporting him and my team in the hope that things improve.

If Lennon and Parker can't do that then why should we?

SRHibs
07-12-2018, 07:10 PM
Why? Everyone will know it's all crap anyway which will lead to supporters moaning that they are talking rubbish

“Win as a team, lose as a team.” Acknowledgement of the fact that everyone needs to do better, as opposed to just putting all the blame on the players, would be a decent compromise.

FitbaFolkKen
07-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Watching that was awful.

“We’ve got to go with what we’ve got until we get to the January window.”

Inspiring words for the players and fans. That implies wholesale changes to me.

Northernhibee
07-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Watching that was awful.

It's the precise same rhetoric that Butcher used.

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 07:15 PM

Why will we get that though? It's been posted a few times (not just by you) yet we got Stubbs who turned us around in our first season from an absolute **** show and then won us the Scottish Cup in his second season. We then got Lennon, who presumably you see as an improvement on Stubbs, which is fine. So LD has appointed two managers, Stubbs a huge improvement on his predecessor and Lennon if not an improvement on Stubbs there's not a lot between them. Both these were appointed in the Championship. Why, when we're now at the top level of Scottish football are we suddenly only going to be able to attract a no mark? :confused:

FitbaFolkKen
07-12-2018, 07:17 PM
It's the precise same rhetoric that Butcher used.

I knew there was a reason I got a sense of impending doom.

bingo70
07-12-2018, 07:19 PM

I’m a hibs supporter, I want what’s best for Hibs.

I’ve not got a season ticket for Neil Lennon. He’s treating hibs disrespectfully just now and his assistant is being totally out of order about the Hibs players.

If Lennon wants to pull the finger out and start working WITH the players again and start showing leadership skills that he is laid to do I will support him again.

By the way, I appreciate you’re loyalty to him, it’s be interesting to see how loyal he’d be to us if he was offered a job he felt was better elsewhere.

Northernhibee
07-12-2018, 07:19 PM
I knew there was a reason I got a sense of impending doom.

When he said quite publicly that Taiwo, Thomson and a few others were free to go was the time we nosedived with no way of turning it back round.

We can't get rid tonight but tomorrow we need to start the search for a new management team in earnest.

I’ve not got a season ticket for Neil Lennon. He’s treating hibs disrespectfully just now and his assistant is being totally out of order about the Hibs players.

If Lennon wants to pull the finger out and start working WITH the players again and start showing leadership skills that he is laid to do I will support him again.

By the way, I appreciate you’re loyalty to him, it’s be interesting to see how loyal he’d be to us if he was offered a job he felt was better elsewhere.

He defo kept his options open in the press when the Scotland and Ireland jobs were open.

green day
07-12-2018, 07:20 PM

I know what your saying.

I just think Parker has been a bit let down by Lennon and is struggling a bit.

Regardless, if we lose tomorrow I expect Lennon to be fired.

green day
07-12-2018, 07:22 PM
When he said quite publicly that Taiwo, Thomson and a few others were free to go was the time we nosedived with no way of turning it back round.

We can't get rid tonight but tomorrow we need to start the search for a new management team in earnest.

He defo kept his options open in the press when the Scotland and Ireland jobs were open.

Suspect that has started already...............

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2018, 07:24 PM
Because getting someone of the calibre of Neil Lennon was a massive coup for our club.

There is no one, i and I mean that literally, that I would rather have in his place right now.

I think he’s the best thing to happen to us in decades and it sounds like some of us are on the verge of chucking that away.

There is nothing to suggest we could get someone as good as him again. We’ll end up with some other ex Hibs player with no Old Firm connection in the hope that pleases you guys. It’ll be crap.

Anyways, you all carry on moaning about him and hope for someone better.

Again, why not just bloody well support him through this troubled time?

FitbaFolkKen
07-12-2018, 07:24 PM

I remember all too well.

I’ve always been behind Lennon but him and Garry seem to be trying to distance themselves from the results and the squad which is unacceptable. Can’t take plaudits for success if you aren’t prepared to stand up when things start going wrong.

silverhibee
07-12-2018, 07:25 PM

You show a disservice to Leeann Dempster if you think she will hire a no mark manager as our next appointment whenever that time comes.

DaveF
07-12-2018, 07:25 PM
Because getting someone of the calibre of Neil Lennon was a massive coup for our club.

There is no one, i and I mean that literally, that I would rather have in his place right now.

I think he’s the best thing to happen to us in decades and it sounds like some of us are on the verge of chucking that away.

There is nothing to suggest we could get someone as good as him again. We’ll end up with some other ex Hibs player with no Old Firm connection in the hope that pleases you guys. It’ll be crap.

If you not Lennon's agent then you should be.

Barney McGrew
07-12-2018, 07:26 PM
There is nothing to suggest we could get someone as good as him again

Given the two appointments that Leeann Dempster has made since she came, there’s every reason to suggest we could get someone just as good.

calumhibee1
You show a disservice to Leeann Dempster if you think she will hire a no mark manager as our next appointment whenever that time comes.

:agree:

LD has a great track record with appointing managers, not just at Hibs but also at Motherwell. Fair enough it's only been two at Hibs, but she's got two out of two right so far. Nothing to suggest she'll make an arse of the next one.

bingo70
I know what your saying.

I just think Parker has been a bit let down by Lennon and is struggling a bit.

Regardless, if we lose tomorrow I expect Lennon to be fired.

I agree.

I’m annoyed at Parker’s interview but I blame Lennon.

It’s been mentioned that Lennons health may be explaining his erratic behaviour recently, well if that’s the case maybe the management team should be thanking the players for their understanding rather than chucking them under the bus.

matty_f
07-12-2018, 07:32 PM
That sounded like an interview from a management team that's chucked it.

You can't just throw the players under the bus and take no responsibility.

They signed the players, they pick the team, they change formations etc game to game, so at least show some accountability.

It wouldn't be any surprise if there are players watching that who just think "**** you" when they hear it.

Northernhibee
I remember all too well.

I’ve always been behind Lennon but him and Garry seem to be trying to distance themselves from the results and the squad which is unacceptable. Can’t take plaudits for success if you aren’t prepared to stand up when things start going wrong.

I’ve pointed it out since we were in the championship and taken a hell of an amount of stick.

The footballing Emperors New Clothes.

silverhibee

Bang on the money there.

FitbaFolkKen

I agree 100% with you about Lennon and his pedigree however the message coming out of ER is all wrong. It isn’t him personally we are criticising but his rather bizarre behaviour recently.

It needed a rallying call not distancing himself from the fans and the team. “This is my club, my team and we will turn the results round. Everyone is pulling in the same direction.” Not “We are trying but the players aren’t doing it for us so we are going to have to suck it up until January.”

There is a lot of talk about Lennon being inspirational and winning mind games. I think this one has gone horribly wrong and I can’t see what he is trying to accomplish.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-12-2018, 07:35 PM
Do we only sing “there’s only one Neil Lennon” when the going is good or after he’s been coined/riled the opposition?

It wasn’t that long ago.

Whod be a manager...?

renato
07-12-2018, 07:36 PM

They signed the players, they pick the team, they change formations etc game to game, so at least show some accountability.

It wouldn't be any surprise if there are players watching that who just think "**** you" when they hear it.

Spot on. Just said pretty much the same thing on the PM board.

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2018, 07:38 PM

The players are still fully behind him no? Have you heard differently?

Whatever happened to the ‘backs to the wall’ mentality when we stick together? Doesn’t apply to Hibs no?

Pretty much every manager of any club on Earth has said things are better when we are pulling in the same direction. Not us though eh? We’re special.

I’ll question Neil’s loyalty to us the day that I think he doesn’t care. That’s a long way off though.

I’m surprised at your view on this one.

If he’s offered a job that’s ‘better’ elsewhere he should jump at it. He’d maybe be appreciated there.

Until then hten I want him to know that at least some of us still have his back.

Apologies if I come across as a total prick on this issue but I’ve been gobsmacked at the reaction the recent results have had and have avoided this forum for the best part of the last few weeks.

I’ve had a drink today though and am totally pissed off at the crap ive been reading on as I catch up.

As for Lennon being disrespectful to the players? We’ve all been saying they were crap for weeks, would you feel better if Lennon was singing their praises and then saying he didn’t have a clue?

Whatever he says, he’ll get slated. I’d imagine that’s why he’s saying nowt to the press.

Or we could just call him a coward and say it’s down to some health issues?

Support the team and the manager. We’ve got a top rate man in charge just now and it’s not as if it’s a Fenton, Calderwood or Butcher scenario.

It’s a sticky spell. We’ll come through it and still be challenging for Europe by the end of the season.

Ill be there and assume you will be too. Peace.

truehibernian
07-12-2018, 07:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTpsy-wRo4Y

Listen from 2.40 onwards matty.............horrible deja vu :agree:

Nakedmanoncrack
07-12-2018, 07:43 PM
Watching that was awful.

I listened without watching it, voice even sounded a bit like Butcher.

bingo70
07-12-2018, 07:43 PM
The players are still fully behind him no? Have you heard differently?

Whatever happened to the ‘backs to the wall’ mentality when we stick together? Doesn’t apply to Hibs no?

Pretty much every manager of any club on Earth has said things are better when we are pulling in the same direction. Not us though eh? We’re special.

I’ll question Neil’s loyalty to us the day that I think he doesn’t care. That’s a long way off though.

I’m surprised at your view on this one.

If he’s offered a job that’s ‘better’ elsewhere he should jump at it. He’d maybe be appreciated there.

Until then hten I want him to know that at least some of us still have his back.

Apologies if I come across as a total prick on this issue but I’ve been gobsmacked at the reaction the recent results have had and have avoided this forum for the best part of the last few weeks.

I’ve had a drink today though and am totally pissed off at the crap ive been reading on as I catch up.

As for Lennon being disrespectful to the players? We’ve all been saying they were crap for weeks, would you feel better if Lennon was singing their praises and then saying he didn’t have a clue?

Whatever he says, he’ll get slated. I’d imagine that’s why he’s saying nowt to the press.

Or we could just call him a coward and say it’s down to some health issues?

Support the team and the manager. We’ve got a top rate man in charge just now and it’s not as if it’s a Fenton, Calderwood or Butcher scenario.

It’s a sticky spell. We’ll come through it and still be challenging for Europe by the end of the season.

Ill be there and assume you will be too. Peace.

It’s too long a post to go through all the points on my phone but I’m going to point out the irony of us not being all in it together when that’s the exact opposite of what our management team are saying/doing and what’s causing all this reaction from the fans.

It’s Lennon and Parker that are distancing themselves from Hibs, not the other way around.

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2018, 07:53 PM
Sometimes players need a boot up the backside.

Are we all seriously saying that all of our players have been permorfming to the best of their abilities?

If they have been, then yeah, we’re ****** and it’s not going to get any better.

That also means we clearly need new players as they can’t be good enough for where we want to be.

Lennons fault? He signed them after all. Well now he knows they are crap he can change them in January.

Do you want Lennon to be the man in charge then or someone else?

Northernhibee
07-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Support the team and the manager. We’ve got a top rate man in charge just now and it’s not as if it’s a Butcher scenario.

Depending how the press conference has gone down with the players it may be.

bingo70
07-12-2018, 07:58 PM

Are we all seriously saying that all of our players have been permorfming to the best of their abilities?

If they have been, then yeah, we’re ****** and it’s not going to get any better.

That also means we clearly need new players as they can’t be good enough for where we want to be.

Lennons fault? He signed them after all. Well now he knows they are crap he can change them in January.

I want Lennon to remain in charge if he starts resuming normal managerial duties including the media work.

Until that happens I want a manager that isn’t in hiding and is behaving like a leader.

The players were off on a Thursday and he calls in sick today, I’m sorry but I don’t believe this flu story at all.

May21/05/16
07-12-2018, 07:59 PM
Do we only sing “there’s only one Neil Lennon” when the going is good or after he’s been coined/riled the opposition?

It wasn’t that long ago.

Whod be a manager...?Well said sir

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2018, 08:00 PM
How would you feel if just he walked away next week?

Id be absolutely gutted.

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 08:02 PM

Id be absolutely gutted.

I would be fine with it. I'd also trust LD to make another good appointment to replace him.

If it's going to happen (which I think it will) I'd rather it happened early enough that the new manager can get a look at the players before the window opens and decide what he wants to do.

Heisenberg
07-12-2018, 08:03 PM

Lennon has had a shocker since Celtic away. Constantly chopping and changing the side. That doesn’t help players settle down and play their normal game. We are now seeing the players publicly called out for not winning games under the ridiculous circumstances that Lennon has created for them.

7 defensive players away at Killie? Lennon has lost it.

Barney McGrew
07-12-2018, 08:04 PM

Id be absolutely gutted.

If you’d asked me a month ago then I’d have been the same.

Now I wouldn’t be bothered.

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Fair dos.

I cant stress enough how much I dread it though.

I think Lennon has been the best thing to happen to Hibs in my lifetime outwith winning the Cup.

I’m hoping he’s with us for years to come despite our recent results / form.

green day
07-12-2018, 08:07 PM

Id be absolutely gutted.

I dont know a Hibs fan that wouldnt be disappointed........but I think he is going sooner or later, so would prefer sooner.

Timing would be fine, as we have such a tough December, I think we expect next to nothing.

Lennon and his coaching team dont appear to be doing their job - and the "not turning up" bit is taking the piss out of the club.

This aint lasting long.

Barney McGrew
07-12-2018, 08:07 PM

I think everyone would agree with that, because it would mean he was able to turn this current slump around (and pronto)

Zazu62
07-12-2018, 08:08 PM
Who would the next manager be then? Forget about Steve Clarke

bingo70
07-12-2018, 08:09 PM

Someone who wants to be here.

flash
07-12-2018, 08:11 PM
We now have two or three posters jumping from thread to thread posting the same stuff over and over again.

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2018, 08:12 PM
Mental that it’s even come to discussing his future based on missing a few press conferences and bad results.

I thought no one read the papers anyways? No one likes Sportscene or Sportsound so why do you give a damn who does the conferences?

Mental.. totally ******g mental.

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 08:13 PM

Clarke would be the absolute best case scenario but it’s not going to happen. I would consider Strachan. I’d also be looking down in England at people who are in the same sort of position Clarke was at Chelsea.

DaveF
07-12-2018, 08:14 PM
We now have two or three posters jumping from thread to thread posting the same stuff over and over again.

To be fair, you are never far behind with your comment on everyone.

Northernhibee
07-12-2018, 08:15 PM

Id be absolutely gutted.
Relieved.

truehibernian
07-12-2018, 08:15 PM

Id be absolutely gutted.

He's already threatened to previously so don't feel too gutted when it eventually happens which I think it will. You simply cannot continually call out players in the press (and for Parker to say what he did today about Flo is shocking tbh). If your employer was telling all and sundry you are poor, would you do your best for him/her ? You keep things in-house and you certainly won't get the best from any employee by hanging them out to dry.

Lennon won't be here next season and to be honest I think he wanted to leave after the end of last season. He has loads to offer, has been superb for Hibs, but his erratic behaviour is starting to become a little toxic and has started to have a debilitating effect on the team. I still stand by the fact that the derby at Tynecastle had a real impact on him as a person.

Ronniekirk
07-12-2018, 08:17 PM
Parker in press conference for Hamilton game saying Lennin has a cold So has he not been taking Training this week ?
Parker sounding pretty pissed off and downbeat Basicslly again reintegrating several players aren't performing Mentioned Flo but said his conversation with him was weeks ago , so clearly he hasn't responded positively to that
He again reiterated its Clear for all to see we need to bring in New Players in the Transfer Window but go with who we have st present and hope for a win
Said slight reaction from players in Training , but it's on the Park they need to do the Budiness Dsid there's only so much the Coaching Staff can do and again implied certain players aren't working Hard Enogh
Depressive watch to. be honest

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 08:17 PM
Mental that it’s even come to discussing his future based on missing a few press conferences and bad results.

I thought no one read the papers anyways? No one likes Sportscene or Sportsound so why do you give a damn who does the conferences?

As others have said it’s not just the results but the manner of them. We’ve been absolutely atrocious most of the time for about 2 months.

Throw in what was an extremely poor window in the summer, some absolutely bizarre team selections with no consistency whatsoever and his decision to just close ranks during this period and not answer any of the questions the fans will be wanting to know the answers to and it all adds up.

B.H.F.C
07-12-2018, 08:22 PM
It’s getting close to time to part company IMO.

But some people want to rewrite history. Lennon played a very significant part in getting us back to where we should be.

He deserves criticism for this season and the strange behaviour we’re seeing just now. But last season was fantastic and he did what he needed to do the year before. Grateful for that but looking increasingly like change is needed to sort whatever is going on.

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2018, 08:23 PM
This all depends on the character of the individual. If my boss slated me then, depending on how I felt about him, I’d walk through fire to try and impress him.

You think Ferguson at Utd only gave his players praise? Scholes, Beckham, Neville’s etc would have done anything to impress him. They’d have been gutted when he said they weren’t performing well and would have made damn sure they played better next time.

If you’re the type of person that would take the huff then you really aren’t cut out to be a professional sportsmen of any kind.

The best players in any sport are always striving to improve. They’re the first to recognise their own shortcomings.

Why do we think our players all wear wee cotton socks and have to mollycuddled?

If they’re playing *****, and they have been, then our manager, or assistant a manager, is quite right to say so.

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 08:32 PM
This all depends on the character of the individual. If my boss slated me then, depending on how I felt about him, I’d walk through fire to try and impress him.

You think Ferguson at Utd only gave his players praise? Scholes, Beckham, Neville’s etc would have done anything to impress him. They’d have been gutted when he said they weren’t performing well and would have made damn sure they played better next time.

If you’re the type of person that would take the huff then you really aren’t cut out to be a professional sportsmen of any kind.

The best players in any sport are always striving to improve. They’re the first to recognise their own shortcomings.

Why do we think our players all wear wee cotton socks and have to mollycuddled?

If they’re playing *****, and they have been, then our manager, or assistant a manager, is quite right to say so.

Maybe behind the scenes to an extent. Not in public, especially if they're not the kind of players that will react well to that type of criticism. It's the managers job to work out how best to criticise/praise players etc, not the players job to just accept the manager publicly slating them because that's just the way he does it.

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2018, 08:39 PM
Maybe he’s tried everything else?

Arm around the shoulder. Come on, you can do it. You’re great really.

Six games on and no reaction.

Why just jump to the worse conclusion? Always think of the negatives?

**** it.

Carheenlea
07-12-2018, 08:40 PM
If Lennon and Parker can't do that then why should we?

Because we’re Hibs fans who were here before Lennon and Parker and will still be long after their time here. Backing your club should be unconditional really as a supporter.

Centre Hawf
07-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Fair dos.

I cant stress enough how much I dread it though.

I think Lennon has been the best thing to happen to Hibs in my lifetime outwith winning the Cup.

I keep hearing folk say he’s the best thing ever. How? What exactly gives him that honour? Has he done any better than say McLeish?

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Maybe he’s tried everything else?

Arm around the shoulder. Come on, you can do it. You’re great really.

Six games on and no reaction.

Why just jump to the worse conclusion? Always think of the negatives?

**** it.

As others have said, if my manager came out (I know it's been Parker in this case because of Lennon's lack of interviews), said I wasn't good enough, absolved themselves of any blame when they are deserving of some and that in a couple of months there'd be new folk coming in (presumably to take my place) to the public then there's absolutely no chance I'd be trying a leg for them. I'd down tools and either just work my ticket or watch as they struggled to keep things running until it was them that was gone.

Such a tactic by a manager will hardly ever work.

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Rhetorical question?

I doubt there’s anything I or anyone else could say to make you see it that way, nor would I try.

From my own pint of view it’s not just about results. It’s about how he carries himself and talks about us. I think he’s raised our profile nationally and feel that he’s ‘toughened’ us up through his personality.

I know that’s not a tangible thing like winning a trophy and it maybe sounds a bit naff but that how I see it.

I couldnt believe it when it was rumoured he was interested amd was delighted the day he got appointed. Nothing has changed my mind and if anything I will look back at this tiny wee period of his reign as a mere blip.

I don’t for a minute think that he’s on his way out amd think he will be with us for a good few years to come. I’m going to enjoy every minute of it win, lose or draw.

It’s been infinitely better than than some of the football I’ve watched over the last 30+ years despite the start to this season.

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Rhetorical question?

I doubt there’s anything I or anyone else could say to make you see it that way, nor would I try.

From my own pint of view it’s not just about results. It’s about how he carries himself and talks about us. I think he’s raised our profile nationally and feel that he’s ‘toughened’ us up through his personality.

I know that’s not a tangible thing like winning a trophy and it maybe sounds a bit naff but that how I see it.

I couldnt believe it when it was rumoured he was interested amd was delighted the day he got appointed. Nothing has changed my mind and if anything I will look back at this tiny wee period of his reign as a mere blip.

I don’t for a minute think that he’s on his way out amd think he will be with us for a good few years to come. I’m going to enjoy every minute of it win, lose or draw.

It’s been infinitely better than than some of the football I’ve watched over the last 30+ years despite the start to this season.

I don't think we're ever going to agree on this :greengrin

Although there is parts of your post I do agree with, mainly being the bits on bold. They're in the past now though and the here and now is of major concern to me.

Squealing pig
07-12-2018, 08:56 PM
Would he send Parker to the euros instead of him for tv I doubt it , needs to face the fans , it’s a farce

oneone73
07-12-2018, 08:58 PM
Rhetorical question?

I'm with you mate. In Lennon we trust.

scoopyboy
07-12-2018, 09:03 PM
I'm with you mate. In Lennon we trust.

That's your thoughts and that's fine by me.

Question though, is that forever or will there come a time where you think enoughs enough.

oneone73
07-12-2018, 09:09 PM
That's your thoughts and that's fine by me.

Question though, is that forever or will there come a time where you think enoughs enough.

Until I become convinced he doesn't want to be here. I think he's in a dark place just now, but I'm confident he'll fight his way out of it. Even if he has to build a new team to do it. Tbh, there's not so many I'd be shedding tears over.

silverhibee
07-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Until I become convinced he doesn't want to be here. I think he's in a dark place just now, but I'm confident he'll fight his way out of it. Even if he has to build a new team to do it. Tbh, there's not so many I'd be shedding tears over.

Problem is, as a club we can't afford to build a new team in January, and that's what Parker thinks need done, they are going to be in for a shock, but I'm sure they no what they are playing at.

Heckys Wheel
07-12-2018, 09:15 PM

Yep, I’m with you on this. Has my full backing and hope to see us climb out of this dip in form soon.

jacomo
07-12-2018, 09:20 PM

Being the main figurehead and doing the interviews etc is literally part of the manager’s job though.

Garry Parker is hardly comfortable in front of the cameras and everyone else at Hibs is schtum so obviously things are amiss ( to say nothing of results).

I’ve always liked Lenny and he’s got credit in the bank, but he’s had a bad month in the job, no question about it.

angus hibby
07-12-2018, 09:57 PM
I’ll be surprised if Lennon is manager by end of January. Something clearly isn’t right at moment and whether that’s because he’s ill or something else, no one outwith the club will really know.

He’s worked a lot under Martin O’Neill so I’d assume he’s taken a lot of O’Neill’s traits with him into management. O’Neill is old school so perhaps Lennon has a bit of that about him too? You can’t tear into players regularly nowadays and maybe it’s got to the stage tha some players have had one too many roasting?

Viva_Palmeiras
07-12-2018, 10:11 PM
Being the main figurehead and doing the interviews etc is literally part of the manager’s job though.

Garry Parker is hardly comfortable in front of the cameras and everyone else at Hibs is schtum so obviously things are amiss ( to say nothing of results).

I’ve always liked Lenny and he’s got credit in the bank, but he’s had a bad month in the job, no question about it.

Are we really choosing sound bites over substance?

lord bunberry
07-12-2018, 10:27 PM
I’ve been defending Lennon to the hilt these last few weeks, but that press conference today has got me really worried. It was shockingly bad and very unprofessional. I don’t see how the players are going to look at that and be inspired to play for him or Lennon.

superfurryhibby
07-12-2018, 10:39 PM

I think results are substance enough. Throw in erratic press conferences and statements and it’s obvious that the writing is on the wall for our management team.

I’m gutted at what’s happened. Much as I admire Lennon, I fear his time is coming to an end.

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 10:42 PM
Talented young players coming in, good football being played, a real feel good about the club, Scottish cup win, League Cup final? OK, the league campaign was very poor that season but Lennon only got 1pt more with eye bleeding football and Stubbs had a month like we have coming ahead several months in a row as we were competing on three fronts.

Now we get past it journeymen in, the football is poor, we're 8th in the table, there's a malaise about the club and press conferences that boil down to "not my fault, blame that lot".

Have you forgotten the potential we had?

It’s baffling how much some can’t see this.

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 10:45 PM
I’ll be surprised if Lennon is manager by end of January. Something clearly isn’t right at moment and whether that’s because he’s ill or something else, no one outwith the club will really know.

He’s worked a lot under Martin O’Neill so I’d assume he’s taken a lot of O’Neill’s traits with him into management. O’Neill is old school so perhaps Lennon has a bit of that about him too? You can’t tear into players regularly nowadays and maybe it’s got to the stage tha some players have had one too many roasting?

He won’t be the manager by the end of the year. I don’t want him sacked and would love for him to turn it around because Neil Lennon is a good manager make no mistake about that. He isn’t motivated at the club any longer though, making wrong choices and is going through the motions. I would deeply love for him to prove me wrong because he’s a good fit but in all honesty this is leading one way. The disregard for the support that he will know that are majorly behind him is absolutely shocking.

B.H.F.C
07-12-2018, 10:46 PM
It’s baffling how much some can’t see this.

Conveniently forgetting the season in between to suit ones agenda.

Lennon deserves a lot of criticism. But it should be based on THIS season.

It wasn’t baffling last season.

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 10:54 PM

Nae bother Neil. Get well soon pal 😂😂😂😂😂😂

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 11:01 PM
Conveniently forgetting the season in between to suit ones agenda.

Lennon deserves a lot of criticism. But it should be based on THIS season.

It wasn’t baffling last season.

Nobody is forgetting last season or the season before.

Have we or haven’t we went from a team full of exciting youngsters and fantastic signings to accompany them to a side full of square pegs round holes?

It’s a simple question by the way. Lennons signing policy has been shambolic and the price is being paid now yet Parker’s going on about signing more in January and getting the players they brought to the clu to ****?

Me, personally will throw it out there, I would ask John Doolan to manage us and push the boat out to bring back both the Parks.

B.H.F.C
07-12-2018, 11:09 PM
Nobody is forgetting last season or the season before.

Have we or haven’t we went from a team full of exciting youngsters and fantastic signings to accompany them to a side full of square pegs round holes?

It’s a simple question by the way. Lennons signing policy has been shambolic and the price is being paid now yet Parker’s going on about signing more in January and getting the players they brought to the clu to ****?

Me, personally will throw it out there, I would ask John Doolan to manage us and push the boat out to bring back both the Parks.

Look back to the thread you quoted. It mentioned signing journeymen.

Square pegs in round holes, aye. Journeymen, naw. Make your mind up which one it is.

Not all our signings are poor players. They are poor as a unit though and that is the managers fault.

Again, the post you quoted, you talked about folk being baffled, compared us to life under Stubbs. Acknowledge what has happened between then and now.....

Centre Hawf
07-12-2018, 11:13 PM
Look back to the thread you quoted. It mentioned signing journeymen.

Square pegs in round holes, aye. Journeymen, naw. Make your mind up which one it is.

Not all our signings are poor players. They are poor as a unit though and that is the managers fault.

Again, the post you quoted, you talked about folk being baffled, compared us to life under Stubbs. Acknowledge what has happened between then and now.....

Under Stubbs we signed better. And played better football. We also won a major trophy. Now we sign journeyman and play them in wrong systems or or positions. Whats your point?

B.H.F.C
07-12-2018, 11:19 PM
Under Stubbs we signed better. And played better football. We also won a major trophy. Now we sign journeyman and play them in wrong systems or or positions. Whats your point?

How did all those journeymen help us get a record points total last year?

My point is that folk are forgetting that.

If folk want to judge him on this season then I think he deserves to be slated. But folk want to forget what has happened between Stubbs leaving and now to suit their own argument.

It’s crap now. It hasn’t been crap since Stubbs left though.

B.H.F.C
07-12-2018, 11:25 PM

And how can Kamberi, MacLaren, Horgan, Mallan be described as journeymen?

Describe them as poor players if you want but not a single poster on here would have called them a journeymen when they signed.

Played in the wrong system? Definitely.

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 11:32 PM
And how can Kamberi, MacLaren, Horgan, Mallan be described as journeymen?

Describe them as poor players if you want but not a single poster on here would have called them a journeymen when they signed.

Played in the wrong system? Definitely.

What about that boy who played for Hearts? What about the couple of Greek players kicking about? Whittaker (loved him first time round and pains me to say he’s finished) every single signing this summer has been poor in comparison to what we had. Oh aye I would add Slivka and his big journeyman friend in that bracket too.

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 11:39 PM

If folk want to judge him on this season then I think he deserves to be slated. But folk want to forget what has happened between Stubbs leaving and now to suit their own argument.

Journeymen last year? The core of our side last year that made things tick all season wasn’t signings Neil Lennon signed.

Now he’s got his own players own side on signings and Parker because the mighty Lennon has the flu more than my two year old is saying they or he needs backed to sign Mo Bancura or whatever the guys name was. He will resign, like Collins, saying he’s not been backed in January to deflect from the shambles that’s going on just now. Where is this Neil Lennon leader than couldn’t give a fk about anyone? That will have our club at heart? Because he’s went away on holiday recently

B.H.F.C
07-12-2018, 11:42 PM
What about that boy who played for Hearts? What about the couple of Greek players kicking about? Whittaker (loved him first time round and pains me to say he’s finished) every single signing this summer has been poor in comparison to what we had. Oh aye I would add Slivka and his big journeyman friend in that bracket too.

What about all the duds Stubbs signed? Eckersley, Anier, Dagnall, Sinclair, Virtanen and more?

I’ve said that something something odd is going on and Lennon probably needs to go to fix it. I just don’t get the sudden rush to compare it to Stubbs. He’s been away for two and a half years and that time has been largely positive.

Northernhibee
07-12-2018, 11:42 PM
Lennons has half a good season. Like both Calderwood and Fenlon did.

Centre Hawf
07-12-2018, 11:45 PM

Simon Murray, Stokes, Dave, Whittaker, Rheras. All could be classed as Journeyman. All duds imo. The core of the team that got us the success was McGinn, McGeouch, Allan. All 3 scouted And signed by Stubbs (albeit Allan resigned). Maclaren and Kamberi worked brilliantly but at the moment both of their early year form is looking flash in the pan (although I do have faith in Kamberi to turn it round)

B.H.F.C
07-12-2018, 11:49 PM
Journeymen last year? The core of our side last year that made things tick all season wasn’t signings Neil Lennon signed.

Now he’s got his own players own side on signings and Parker because the mighty Lennon has the flu more than my two year old is saying they or he needs backed to sign Mo Bancura or whatever the guys name was. He will resign, like Collins, saying he’s not been backed in January to deflect from the shambles that’s going on just now. Where is this Neil Lennon leader than couldn’t give a fk about anyone? That will have our club at heart? Because he’s went away on holiday recently

The team in the second half of last season was no more Stubbs than Lennon.

Marciano, Ambrose, MacLaren, Kamberi signed by him.

Hanlon, Stevenson neither.

McGregor, McGinn, McGeough, Boyle signed by Stubbs.

Allan signed by both.

Again, not disputing what’s going on currently. Think folk are rewriting history though.

B.H.F.C
07-12-2018, 11:50 PM

You hate him eh.

Record points total but achieved in half a good season.

Not good now, probably time to go. But stuff like that is nonsense.

Comparing him to those two....lol.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-12-2018, 12:18 AM

And has done nothing in Europe....

bigwheel
08-12-2018, 01:15 AM
Taken stick for it over the months but it's coming true and I'm quite happy to fully put all my cards on the table.

I don't want this pantomime anywhere near our football club.

what do you mean by this ?

Cod Boy
08-12-2018, 01:46 AM
This could be a lot of nonsense so don’t have a pop. I’ve heard Hamilton away is Neil’s last game as Hibernian head coach until after the winter break.

J-C
08-12-2018, 04:56 AM
This could be a lot of nonsense so don’t have a pop. I’ve heard Hamilton away is Neil’s last game as Hibernian head coach until after the winter break.

So is he taking a month off to come back after the break? Unless he's having problems I can't see that happening.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-12-2018, 06:01 AM

An love those time related projections fuels the Internet.

BILLYHIBS
08-12-2018, 06:39 AM
A statement from the club, Parker or Lennon would be nice if this is truly the case and perhaps then we would begin to understand and maybe some on here would cut the gaffer some slack.

At least we would know what is going on.

The silence and lack of communication from Easter Road since the summer has been deafening

A football club is nothing without fans and all we are asking for is to be kept up to date and informed.

Pretty Boy
08-12-2018, 07:00 AM
It’s easy to sit on a pedestal and snipe at other fans concerns.

As it stands the only regular communication coming out of ER for some time now has been the assistant manager slaughtering players in interviews and press conferences. Maybe some don’t feel that’s an issue but it rarely ends well and it’s our only real insight into what’s going on within the squad.

It’s total car crash stuff every time Parker speaks and if it was a different personality talking about Kamberi, in particular, in such a way people would be up in arms about it. Whatever the **** is going on needs to be sorted out.

BILLYHIBS
08-12-2018, 07:31 AM

As it stands the only regular communication coming out of ER for some time now has been the assistant manager slaughtering players in interviews and press conferences. Maybe some don’t feel that’s an issue but it rarely ends well and it’s our only real insight into what’s going on within the squad.

It’s total car crash stuff every time Parker speaks and if it was a different personality talking about Kamberi, in particular, in such a way people would be up in arms about it. Whatever the **** is going on needs to be sorted out.

Not sitting on a pedestal or prejudging anyone just asking for transparency

Agree whatever is going on needs to be sorted ASAP!

bingo70
08-12-2018, 07:56 AM

Agree.

Some fans really get so defensive over anything Hibs they just can’t see any bad in anything we do. It’s ok to still support Hibs but find certain things worthy of criticism and it doesn’t make you any less of a hibs fan, it’s ok to give an honest opinion but I’m not sure some people see it like that.

If this wasn’t Hibs, say it was Mourinho at Man U for example I’m sure people would nearly all agree that it’s a shambles and unlikely to turn it around.

Has there ever been an example of a manager ignoring media duties for a prolonged period and then turning it around later?

Will Lennon even be at the game today? If he was claiming to have the flu yesterday that’s not a 24 hour illness, if it wasn’t the flu and just a bad cold then he should have been at training.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2018, 07:59 AM

They will have had a strip torn off them after the games on saturday and wednesday, they have been told in no uncertain terms that these performances are not good enough after a few of the recent games.

They will also know that the management team are not happy with whats gone on recently, i dont see what then going soft on them with cliches and bull**** will help.

These players need to know that these results are not acceptable, and that its downhill after Hibs for most of this lot, and only they can sort this.

Its time to shape up, as if they think this is bad at Easter Road, lets see how they like it in the first division or worse.

bingo70
08-12-2018, 08:05 AM
They will have had a strip torn off them after the games on saturday and wednesday, they have been told in no uncertain terms that these performances are not good enough after a few of the recent games.

They will also know that the management team are not happy with whats gone on recently, i dont see what then going soft on them with cliches and bull**** will help.

These players need to know that these results are not acceptable, and that its downhill after Hibs for most of this lot, and only they can sort this.

Its time to shape up, as if they think this is bad at Easter Road, lets see how they like it in the first division or worse.

I think they’ll know that anyway. They’re not trying to get beat.

Imo the recent poor run of form has come due to a lack of confidence, calling the players out like this in public won’t help that.

If we score first today we might be alright, if Hamilton score first we’re as well packing up and going home.

Pretty Boy
08-12-2018, 08:13 AM
I read Alex Fergusons last book on leadership a couple of years back. There's a little bit about David De Gea in it. Fergie describes how the press had a determination to see De Gea fail and were gleeful when he struggled. Ferguson said he knew it was a balancing act so after a game a week or so later he stood De Gea in front of all the other players and told them he was exactly what they should all apsire to, that he was 19 and had moved to a foreign country and put himself under the pressure of replacing a legend at the biggest club in the world. He said they should all be honoured to be part of the developmemt of a guy who would go on to be one of the best keepers in the world. He then privately explained to De Gea that he would be left out for a few games to take the spotlight off him and allow him to work on what he needed to. He publicly backed him in the press.

It's possible to make a point to players in lots of different ways. Publicly stating a whole squad needs replaced and a young strikers needs to be better at everything just doesn't work these days.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2018, 08:19 AM
I think they’ll know that anyway. They’re not trying to get beat.

Imo the recent poor run of form has come due to a lack of confidence, calling the players out like this in public won’t help that.

If we score first today we might be alright, if Hamilton score first we’re as well packing up and going home.

I think people are getting too carried away about what the management are saying, do you think they are suddenly much better when they are blowing smoke up their arse?

He could come on the tv and say how good they are and results have been poor but we've been unlucky, but he'd get slaughtered for that, as we've not been unlucky, we've not been good enough, and if you read every match day thread, the manager is telling them EXACTLY what the supporters are saying.

These are professionals, who should be doing everything they can to prove the manager wrong, prove the fans wrong and prove that they are better than these recent results and prove that they do care and are good enough for this club.

Sugar coating it does not help in my opinion.

DJ HIBBY
08-12-2018, 08:24 AM
I think people are getting too carried away about what the management are saying, do you think they are suddenly much better when they are blowing smoke up their arse?

He could come on the tv and say how good they are and results have been poor but we've been unlucky, but he'd get slaughtered for that, as we've not been unlucky, we've not been good enough, and if you read every match day thread, the manager is telling them EXACTLY what the supporters are saying.

These are professionals, who should be doing everything they can to prove the manager wrong, prove the fans wrong and prove that they are better than these recent results and prove that they do care and are good enough for this club.

By the same token though, I’m sure you must agree that the management have to step up and take some responsibility as well for the current slump? The team selection and formation last week did the players no favours.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2018, 08:32 AM
By the same token though, I’m sure you must agree that the management have to step up and take some responsibility as well for the current slump? The team selection and formation last week did the players no favours.

Of course, i've disagreed with a few team selections over the course of the season, even when we were winning.

WhileTheChief..
08-12-2018, 08:32 AM

:top marks

bingo70
08-12-2018, 08:40 AM

If I was a player watching that I’d have thought ‘**** him, ********......’

I’d still try my best the next day but not sure that’s what the relationship between players and management should be.

take hibs our the equation for a second, hypothetically speaking say Man U went on a terrible run then Jose refused to do media, threatened to quit on a couple of occasions, his assistant started publicly criticising players and then Jose called in sick for training the day before a massive game, would you not agree his time would probably be up and unlikely to turn it around?

Imo you’re desire to defend all things Hibs just now is clouding your judgement here. It’s a shambles just now and I’m amazed you’re not seeing it to be honest.

Quite ironic actually considering the miserable ******* you used to be 😂

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2018, 08:45 AM
If I was a player watching that I’d have thought ‘**** him, ********......’

I’d still try my best the next day but not sure that’s what the relationship between players and management should be.

take hibs our the equation for a second, hypothetically speaking say Man U went on a terrible run then Jose refused to do media, threatened to quit on a couple of occasions, his assistant started publicly criticising players and then Jose called in sick for training the day before a massive game, would you not agree his time would probably be up and unlikely to turn it around?

Imo you’re desire to defend all things Hibs just now is clouding your judgement here. It’s a shambles just now and I’m amazed you’re not seeing it to be honest.

Quite ironic actually considering the miserable ******* you used to be 😂

I was a miserable ******* when we were actually pish, :wink: changing manager will only hurry us back towards those heady heights again in my opinion.

PS i'd take another 2-0 win against accies again though.

J-C
08-12-2018, 08:45 AM
Implying to the press that they are basically other club rejects because Celtic have more dosh, then implying that they're not good enough to go any further at Hibs and he/ they have reached a glass ceiling will do no one any good, great way to demotivate.

How many times since he took over has he come out and tore them a new one, or Parker has done the press saying Lennon is still in the changing room giving them what for etc, or missing due to flu.

Football has a history of managers losing the dressing room, players get lackadaisical, they don't not try but just stop focussing. I can imagine in the dressing room before and after the game the players just sitting there thinking, here we go again another moan/rollicking, they'll just switch off any team talk will be a waste of time.

When things go bad it never ends well.

jacomo
08-12-2018, 08:49 AM

Are you trying to pick a fight here? Did you read my comment?

Doing the media work IS a substantive part of any manager’s job. There surely can’t be any argument about this??

jacomo
08-12-2018, 08:52 AM
I was a miserable ******* when we were actually pish, :wink: changing manager will only hurry us back towards those heady heights again in my opinion.

PS i'd take another 2-0 win against accies again though.

Hibs are far too inconsistent. Getting a top 4 finish again this season would be a great result and show some much needed consistency. Sometimes a season of consolidation is no bad thing.

A certain section of supporters wouldn’t be happy with this though, I feel.

Heisenberg
08-12-2018, 09:01 AM

Hibs are far too inconsistent. Getting a top 4 finish again this season would be a great result and show some much needed consistency. Sometimes a season of consolidation is no bad thing.

I would be delighted with another top four finish. It’s not going to happen based on how we’ve been playing in the last 7 games though.

Pretty Boy
08-12-2018, 09:02 AM

Is anyone complaining about a top 4 finish? The complaints seem to be because we are hurtling downwards at an alarming rate.

BILLYHIBS
08-12-2018, 09:11 AM
Seem to remember Alex Ferguson’s Assistant Carlos Queiroz doing a lot of Fergies post match interviews while Fergie enjoyed a glass of red with the opposition Manager Thankfully for Fergie he did not have Gary Parker’s acid tongue or witty repoirtee with the press.

green day
08-12-2018, 09:15 AM
This extract seems to have abit more balance to it - and doesnt just slag off the players.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/12/07/no-more-mr-nice-guy-as-hibs-no-2-garry-parker-warns-underperforming-stars-they-are-playing-for-their-futures-neil-lennon-florian-kamberi-jamie-maclaren/?platform=hootsuite

My_Wife_Camille
08-12-2018, 09:20 AM
This extract seems to have abit more balance to it - and doesnt just slag off the players.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/12/07/no-more-mr-nice-guy-as-hibs-no-2-garry-parker-warns-underperforming-stars-they-are-playing-for-their-futures-neil-lennon-florian-kamberi-jamie-maclaren/?platform=hootsuite
More balance compared to the Hibs TV interview that everyone is talking about?

J-C
08-12-2018, 09:23 AM

All very well warning their under performances but these are now their players and more to the point why are they underperforming? Why have they gone from free scoring excitement to lump up ythe pitch touch of elephants team.

Allant1981
08-12-2018, 09:24 AM

Nah this can't be true, the management team have decided they don't want to be here and are working their ticket

Allant1981
08-12-2018, 09:24 AM
All very well warning their under performances but these are now their players and more to the point why are they underperforming? Why have they gone from free scoring excitement to lump up ythe pitch touch of elephants team.

Every single team on the planet goes through a slump at some point

BILLYHIBS
08-12-2018, 09:25 AM

Defo looks as though they are planning to bring in new recruits in January

The thread on the 2001/02 squad is an eye opener as that squad looks light years ahead of our current squad yet they finished tenth :confused:

J-C
08-12-2018, 09:28 AM
Nah this can't be true, the management team have decided they don't want to be here and are working their ticket

I know that's tongue in cheek and at no time do I believe it, things aren't going well and speculation is rife with tons of rumours, need to get back to basics.

Allant1981
08-12-2018, 09:29 AM
I know that's tongue in cheek and at no time do I believe it, things aren't going well and speculation is rife with tons of rumours, need to get back to basics.

Yup things aren't going well but as I said in another post every team goes through a bad patch, this is ours and it's crap but it's hard work from everyone at the club that will get them through it, those players are good players and hopefully it clicks again

Dalianwanda
08-12-2018, 09:40 AM

Agreed...What he’s said in the press conference about them is probably way tamer than what’s been said too them.

I believe they are giving 100% but if they are looking for confidence from some reassuring words rather than from within themselves they are looking in the wrong place.

superfurryhibby
08-12-2018, 09:56 AM
Is anyone complaining about a top 4 finish? The complaints seem to be because we are hurtling downwards at an alarming rate.

There are people on here who complain about anything and everything, including being in 2nd place. There have been plenty havering early in the season about the meaning of failure at Hibs, including finishing 4th. There are also a number of people definitely at the wind-up now and undoubtedly taking piss whilst fueling the discontent.

At the moment we are static, rather than hurtling downwards. A couple of wins will change the picture. If, come the end of this forthcoming fixture cycle, we haven’t got them then we can start the hysteria ( because that is what’s happening). Given the performances recently it’s going to ask a lot of this squad to manage that, but Lennon and Parker have earned the right to be able to try it.

Worst case scenario happens and I would guess our management team will walk. Until that happens I support them and the team.

In the meantime, I’ve found the ignore button helps. It certainly shows how determined a small group of posters ( some newer, some well established) are to spread their version of how things are. Quite sickening really, and not because they have a different view from me.

bawheid
08-12-2018, 10:06 AM
There are people on here who complain about anything and everything, including being in 2nd place. There have been plenty havering early in the season about the meaning of failure at Hibs, including finishing 4th. There are also a number of people definitely at the wind-up now and undoubtedly taking piss whilst fueling the discontent.

At the moment we are static, rather than hurtling downwards. A couple of wins will change the picture. If, come the end of this forthcoming fixture cycle, we haven’t got them then we can start the hysteria ( because that is what’s happening). Given the performances recently it’s going to ask a lot of this squad to manage that, but Lennon and Parker have earned the right to be able to try it.

Worst case scenario happens and I would guess our management team will walk. Until that happens I support them and the team.

In the meantime, I’ve found the ignore button helps. It certainly shows how determined a small group of posters ( some newer, some well established) are to spread their version of how things are. Quite sickening really, and not because they have a different view from me.

Good post. I’m backing the manager and the players. They’ve all earned that right, and a poor run shouldn’t mean we chuck the baby out with the bath water.

Personal opinion is that Lennon is struggling with his mental health and has been since Tynecastle. Who, being honest, wouldn’t when there’s graffiti up around Edinburgh promoting your hanging? I still don’t think Hibs backed him enough on that.

Anyway, a good employer should support a manager through periods of illness. If that includes giving him a month off to recover, so be it.

green day
08-12-2018, 10:33 AM
More balance compared to the Hibs TV interview that everyone is talking about?

The Hibs TV one was - as we know - Parker going through the players.

In this print media one, he acknowledges that they were playing well - its subtle, but seems better to me?

calumhibee1
08-12-2018, 10:53 AM

We’re only static because Motherwell haven’t closed the gap (yet). We’ve hurtled down to 8th place.

With regards to giving them the fixtures this month, that’s absolutely fine if you think we should do that. But giving them the possibility to go about 14 games without a win (because as it stands we don’t look like a team that’s going to win many if any of the upcoming fixtures) is pretty mental IMO.

jacomo
08-12-2018, 11:20 AM

And they are very valid. No doubt we are in a bad way but we are by no means out of it.

superfurryhibby
08-12-2018, 11:28 AM
We’re only static because Motherwell haven’t closed the gap (yet). We’ve hurtled down to 8th place.

With regards to giving them the fixtures this month, that’s absolutely fine if you think we should do that. But giving them the possibility to go about 14 games without a win (because as it stands we don’t look like a team that’s going to win many if any of the upcoming fixtures) is pretty mental IMO.

Maybe we win and increase the gap today?

Will sacking the manager make winning forthcoming fixtures more likely? I doubt it. Will it cost us loads of money and inhibit our January window activity, almost certainly. What do you think the cost of sacking Lennon and Parker will be Calum, or does that not enter into your equation?

As I said, I guess Lennon will resign if December fixtures go disastrously. In the meantime I back the manager and the team.

calumhibee1
08-12-2018, 11:41 AM
Maybe we win and increase the gap today?

Will sacking the manager make winning forthcoming fixtures more likely? I doubt it. Will it cost us loads of money and inhibit our January window activity, almost certainly. What do you think the cost of sacking Lennon and Parker will be Calum, or does that not enter into your equation?

As I said, I guess Lennon will resign if December fixtures go disastrously. In the meantime I back the manager and the team.

Hopefully we do and in that case I’d be tempted to take it on a sort of game-by-game basis for a while (obviously taking into account that we’ve got difficult games coming up aswell).

I would suggest from what we’ve saw over the last 2 months that yes, we’d be more likely to win the upcoming fixtures under a new manager.

I’ve no idea what it would cost to sack them, nobody does. But it will cost us even more if we stick by them and keep dropping down the league. Note I said if.

I hope he turns it round. I just think everything combined, the performances, results, mental team selections, Lennon not addressing the fans for weeks and Parker throwing the players under the bus adds up to him not being able to come back from this.

connerg
08-12-2018, 11:41 AM
Good post. I’m backing the manager and the players. They’ve all earned that right, and a poor run shouldn’t mean we chuck the baby out with the bath water.

Personal opinion is that Lennon is struggling with his mental health and has been since Tynecastle. Who, being honest, wouldn’t when there’s graffiti up around Edinburgh promoting your hanging? I still don’t think Hibs backed him enough on that.

Anyway, a good employer should support a manager through periods of illness. If that includes giving him a month off to recover, so be it.

Good post too. :top marks

pollution
08-12-2018, 11:42 AM

Fair point re Tynecastle. It does seem to be the moment that Lennon's spark started to fizzle out.

Perhaps this has affected the team spirit and opened a gap between those players who can play and care and those that are purely journeymen.

However, a couple of wins and things will be better. I have always put my trust in the manager but I am not too blind to see he has issues.

bingo70
08-12-2018, 12:33 PM

If the club turned round tonight and said they backed the manager and had no intention of sacking him however were giving him a month off to get his head together and recharge the batteries I would be delighted with that. It would show leadership and recognise things aren’t right just now. I think Lennon is a good manager but I don’t think he’s getting things right just now.

It’s this drifting along towards almost inevitable failure with no sign of leadership that is worrying me. If Lennon’s head isn’t in the right place to be managing and motivating people just now it would be better if he wasn’t around just now imo. If there’s a potential solution for this problem without sacking him we should be exploring that option.

Centre Hawf
08-12-2018, 12:39 PM
If the club turned round tonight and said they backed the manager and had no intention of sacking him however were giving him a month off to get his head together and recharge the batteries I would be delighted with that. It would show leadership and recognise things aren’t right just now. I think Lennon is a good manager but I don’t think he’s getting things right just now.

It’s this drifting along towards almost inevitable failure with no sign of leadership that is worrying me. If Lennon’s head isn’t in the right place to be managing and motivating people just now it would be better if he wasn’t around just now imo. If there’s a potential solution for this problem without sacking him we should be exploring that option.

If this was something the club did then the club and Lennon get my full respect and support.

Renfrew_Hibby
08-12-2018, 01:28 PM
If this is a mental health issue then this is a good test of Leeann and Hibs.
How does a responsible employer deal with this in 2018?
Now a professional football club in the spotlight of the media and with a demanding fan/customer base isn't like an ordinary employer.

The first team manager is central to everything on the pitch. A normal employer couldn't ditch an employee whose performance has dropped due to a bout of depression for example without trying to assist that individual, usually sick leave would be a normal course of action, why should a football club be any different?

For what it's worth I suspect that the graffiti has had a deeper impact on Neil than being hit by the coin.
I feel that neither the club, media or even the police addressed it in any shape or form.
Lennon himself made reference to the graffiti, he viewed as being racist and representing a culture in Scottish society that just isnt being addressed properly.

Look at the response to a banana skin being thrown onto the pitch in the North London Derby and compare that to our response to an open death threat contrived from a culture of accepted sectarianism or racism that we have here.
When Leeann and the budgie cosied up together to condem coins, punches and flares, the more powerful graffiti should also have been addressed.

The media quoted Lennons views on our society but did nothing about questioning those comments, poor poor stuff from them.

One Day Soon
08-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Really hoping Lenny doesn't do the post-match presser now.

Radium
08-12-2018, 11:36 PM
Really hoping Lenny doesn't do the post-match presser now.

He didn’t [emoji6]

https://youtu.be/iQ6rucv9DEM

Viva_Palmeiras
09-12-2018, 04:41 AM
We hear a lot about game management.
Our ridiculous context is that we have a bit of an insane amount of games in short space.
Lennon needs to manage himself around that so he’s on top of his game
if that means skipping potentially energy sapping conferences getting embroiled with media looking to poke the bear and it get me in the way of resting and moving on to next game, so be it.

Greenworld
09-12-2018, 08:08 AM
So shambles on Wednesday night followed by Lennon ripping into them for 45 minutes after the game. The players are off on Thursday and then Lennon is off sick on Friday. Yet it’s the players that are being called out in public for not trying hard enough.

Suppose Lennon genuinely is sick today and he really does have the flu (aye right), that’s the problem with him avoiding media duties recently, it’s a case of boy who cried wolf.

Dempster can’t be very happy at seeing that today either.Here is the thing LD should in my opinion be clarifying the whole thing.
She has also gone quite maybe the mighty Rod P is interfering pissing everyone off .[emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
09-12-2018, 08:16 AM

It’s this drifting along towards almost inevitable failure with no sign of leadership that is worrying me. If Lennon’s head isn’t in the right place to be managing and motivating people just now it would be better if he wasn’t around just now imo. If there’s a potential solution for this problem without sacking him we should be exploring that option.100% agree with your post I've been saying the same .
Even to the point of appointing a temporary manager for a month or whatever is required to assist.
I don't like the silence from the club if Neil is struggling then you need to take away the pressure points that are causing it .
Perhaps the press are one of these things hence the non appearance.

bigwheel
09-12-2018, 08:20 AM
100% agree with your post I've been saying the same .
Even to the point of appointing a temporary manager for a month or whatever is required to assist.
I don't like the silence from the club if Neil is struggling then you need to take away the pressure points that are causing it .
Perhaps the press are one of these things hence the non appearance.

I understand why fans want clarity ..and perhaps we will get some..but if there is a situation being managed , the priority here has to be Lennon’s health..so if the strategy and advice is keep working , keep a lower profile and try to work through it ..then perhaps we should let him do just that ..when he is ready he will talk about it - he usually does..

Greenworld
09-12-2018, 09:08 AM
I understand why fans want clarity ..and perhaps we will get some..but if there is a situation being managed , the priority here has to be Lennon’s health..so if the strategy and advice is keep working , keep a lower profile and try to work through it ..then perhaps we should let him do just that ..when he is ready he will talk about it - he usually does..I get that and totally agree with you.
I'm just thinking to when I'm at my worst and what helps .That can be removing the stress issues.
I suppose we are all just guessing and assuming this is a bought of depression and if it is want to help but as you say he will be getting guidance .

DarlingtonHibee
09-12-2018, 10:02 AM
He didn’t [emoji6]

https://youtu.be/iQ6rucv9DEM

Can we start a collection to buy Gary a razor and a comb 😂