PDA

View Full Version : Losing the dressing room

Diclonius
05-12-2018, 11:47 PM
Judging by Parker's comments it appears as though this may have happened.

I trust in Lennon to sort this out but if they have indeed lost the dressing room then that is almost always unrecoverable and it may end sooner rather than later.

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 11:49 PM

I trust in Lennon to sort this out but if they have indeed lost the dressing room then that is almost always unrecoverable and it may end sooner rather than later.

Thought Parker sounded like a guy who was totally out of ideas on how to address it. Wonder if Lennon is the same and that's why he doesn't want to face up to the media.

Diclonius
07-12-2018, 08:51 AM
Porteous says he hasn't. (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/ryan-porteous-neil-lennon-has-not-lost-hibs-dressing-room-1-4840454?fbclid=IwAR2KdnhAz6T64ZjlcHjthwwyerjnI_Kpc PFYm_2HUl4GTTcWYii1YlkWcJU)

we are hibs
07-12-2018, 08:52 AM
Porteous says he hasn't. (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/ryan-porteous-neil-lennon-has-not-lost-hibs-dressing-room-1-4840454?fbclid=IwAR2KdnhAz6T64ZjlcHjthwwyerjnI_Kpc PFYm_2HUl4GTTcWYii1YlkWcJU)

He's hardly going to come out and say otherwise though

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-12-2018, 08:59 AM

I remember all the players backing butcher publically.too.

Plus, best will in the world to porteous, but hes just a young lad. Its the senior leaders that we need to worry about. The ones whose form has inexplicably all collapsed around the same time the manager started behaving strangely and saying strange things.

Ozyhibby
07-12-2018, 09:08 AM
If things are going pear shaped behind the scenes then the board have to act quickly this time. We can’t have another Butcher situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2018, 09:19 AM
I remember all the players backing butcher publically.too.

Plus, best will in the world to porteous, but hes just a young lad. Its the senior leaders that we need to worry about. The ones whose form has inexplicably all collapsed around the same time the manager started behaving strangely and saying strange things.

How professional are these players if they are downing tools because they might not get on with the manager?

And they want us to support them, buy tickets for things like testimonials and sponsorships, yet they down tools and cant be arsed trying for the fans?

Onceinawhile
07-12-2018, 09:21 AM
How professional are these players if they are downing tools because they might not get on with the manager?

And they want us to support them, buy tickets for things like testimonials and sponsorships, yet they down tools and cant be arsed trying for the fans?

Anyone who has ever worked with a manager or person above them that they don't like will know fine well how difficult it is to give 100% for someone who is a massive tool. I also don't think Lewis Stevenson or Paul Hanlon can really be tarred with the idea of not trying and they're the only two who've had testimonials any time recently.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2018, 09:30 AM
Anyone who has ever worked with a manager or person above them that they don't like will know fine well how difficult it is to give 100% for someone who is a massive tool. I also don't think Lewis Stevenson or Paul Hanlon can really be tarred with the idea of not trying and they're the only two who've had testimonials any time recently.

Well i'd say giving 100% every week is the least they should be giving, and they are professional footballers paid to play football who wont agree with everything the management say, but its football not banking or office work.

Football is a very volatile profession, if they get told something they dont like, maybe football is not for them?

neil7908
07-12-2018, 09:35 AM
None of us know if he has lost the dressing room but I think something's has happened behind the scenes. Not sure what but NL and our form haven't been the same since the last derby and the coin throwing incident.

The players were doing well a few weeks ago and now we are struggling against the two worst teams in the league. That isn't just losing good players in the summer as we've played well in plenty of games, especially earlier this season.

Ryan69
07-12-2018, 09:55 AM

Your about the 20th person to come up with these completely unfounded claims....Back too Brokeback please. ;)

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2018, 10:00 AM

And also if you’ve had a manager who’s been good for you and motivated you over a couple of years is it possible to turn against them in such a manner in less than 6 weeks?

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Well i'd say giving 100% every week is the least they should be giving, and they are professional footballers paid to play football who wont agree with everything the management say, but its football not banking or office work.

Football is a very volatile profession, if they get told something they dont like, maybe football is not for them?

Although I agree with most of this - if you’ve got a manger that demotivates you it’s hard to give 100% even if you’re trying to do your best.

Fuzzywuzzy
07-12-2018, 10:06 AM
If true, it's pretty spiteful, as it's us poor saps that are paying for. If there's anyone that doesn't want to be at the club then they can **** off.

I'm Spartacus
07-12-2018, 10:22 AM
I fear for us at the moment, there's a (probably fake) quote going around from Steve Clark regarding an incident at between manager and player(s). Hoping we can beat Hamilton as the run of games after that isn't ideal

Celtic (H) Rangers (H) Livi (A) Rangers (A) Hearts (H).

Diclonius
07-12-2018, 10:25 AM
I fear for us at the moment, there's a (probably fake) quote going around from Steve Clark regarding an incident at between manager and player(s).

?

Hi Heid Yin
07-12-2018, 10:28 AM
This thread is a mere continuation of other threads - basically repeating ad nauseum every negative angle one can muster on Neil Lennon and the slump we are going through.

Is this thread really necessary Admins?

Can we please just merge it with the other anti-Lennon threads?

Cheers

I'm Spartacus
07-12-2018, 10:52 AM
?

Steve Clark has allegedly witnessed Lennon and Kamberi having an altercation with Lennon having him by the throat.

Hopefully utter pi$h.

HibeeHibernian4
07-12-2018, 10:54 AM
This thread is a mere continuation of other threads - basically repeating ad nauseum every negative angle one can muster on Neil Lennon and the slump we are going through.

Is this thread really necessary Admins?

Can we please just merge it with the other anti-Lennon threads?

Cheers

It's very funny watching you trying to fight fires all over .net these past few weeks, one of the only, small upsides to this disaster that Lennon's presiding over.

Ozyhibby
07-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Lennon is a good manager but I’m getting well p’ed off with these ‘Hibs could lose Lennon’ headlines. They don’t appear by accident and are placed by journos friendly to the manager.
Lennon needs to start doing his f’ing job.

Onceinawhile
07-12-2018, 11:06 AM
Lennon is a good manager but I’m getting well p’ed off with these ‘Hibs could lose Lennon’ headlines. They don’t appear by accident and are placed by journos friendly to the manager.
Lennon needs to start doing his f’ing job.

I've not seen any of these headlines? Certainly not recently. There was a bit of talk at the back end of last season when he said he might quit, but I don't recall anything since.

Have you got links?

flash
07-12-2018, 11:25 AM
It's very funny watching you trying to fight fires all over .net these past few weeks, one of the only, small upsides to this disaster that Lennon's presiding over.

Aye what an erse the boy is trying to back our manager.

CLASS OF 72 -73
07-12-2018, 11:30 AM
Don't mean to stir it up but did anyone hear the rumour Gray, Hanlon and Mc Gregor had a meeting with the players prior to the STM game and it did not go down well with NL. Notably only McGregor made the bench..

Heisenberg
07-12-2018, 11:31 AM
Don't mean to stir it up but did anyone hear the rumour Gray, Hanlon and Mc Gregor had a meeting with the players prior to the STM game and it did not go down well with NL. Notably only McGregor made the bench..

It’s not a rumour. Stevie Mallan confirmed it happened in the press pre game.

CLASS OF 72 -73
07-12-2018, 11:44 AM

:aok:

SRHibs
07-12-2018, 11:46 AM
I fear for us at the moment, there's a (probably fake) quote going around from Steve Clark regarding an incident at between manager and player(s).

Literally taken straight off of Kickback btw.

Kojock
07-12-2018, 11:53 AM
Steve Clark has allegedly witnessed Lennon and Kamberi having an altercation with Lennon having him by the throat.

Hopefully utter pi$h.

There’s a few folk would’ve had Kamberi by the throat after his last couple of performances 😂

bingo70
07-12-2018, 11:54 AM

Hopefully utter pi$h.

Where are you hearing that from?

I’ve searched on twitter and google and nothing comes up?

Bostonhibby
07-12-2018, 11:58 AM
Literally taken straight off of Kickback btw.Yep, Neil Lennon ate Flo's hamster.

And any other story our yam friends want to feed us.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
07-12-2018, 11:58 AM

If that was to be true and that’s the resulting consequence then that’s Butcheresque and I make no apology for the comparison.

Elephant Stone
07-12-2018, 12:08 PM
He's hardly going to come out and say otherwise though

That's what I thought when I read the headline but when you look at what he actually says it looks sincere.

“We’re really lucky to have the gaffer. A lot of people are saying he’s lost the 
changing-room, but that’s nonsense. I think the main thing is that we don’t lose him because he’s the best manager we’ve had in years and it would be terrible if we lost him.”

G B Young
07-12-2018, 12:11 PM

Good interview with Porteous (if you can be bothered trying to scroll down the clunky Scotsman website), especially for one so young (19). Future captaincy material.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/ryan-porteous-hibs-need-to-shape-up-or-we-could-lose-neil-lennon-1-4840608

Keith_M
07-12-2018, 12:11 PM

Do you have a link to the article?

I'm Spartacus
07-12-2018, 12:19 PM
Literally taken straight off of Kickback btw.

Ahh ok, it was sent to our work WhatsApp group by a Killie fan from our depot through the west.

Mark as pi$h.

Onceinawhile
07-12-2018, 12:56 PM
Do you have a link to the article?

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/stevie-mallan-hopes-hibs-player-15504870

matty_f
07-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Tell you what, bet Levein is delighted at the referee decisions against him over the last couple of games or he'd be having to put up with all of the 'lost the dressing room' speculation as well. Talk about getting the heat taken off you.

Crutch
07-12-2018, 01:49 PM
I've not been on here in a while.. so apologies in advance if this has already been brought up.

But I caught the Sportscene highlights when I got in on Wednesday. Steven Thompson mentioned that Hibs, since the Celtic game at Parkhead (where we actually performed pretty well), haven't been the same side since - which is completely true. This was also the same game that Lennon came out with comments about having a team of rejects here at Hibs - or words to that effect. Which I thought was completely unnecessary at the time, but annoys me even more now.

If I was a player, I'd be offended at that sort of comment. Do you think Steve Clark was publicly calling his players rejects 10 games into the season? Absolutely no chance - and they signed a player was freed by Queen's Park last season!

Lennon's a winner and I love seeing someone who expresses how passionate they are. But I seriously worry that he's lost a few players faith by making a stupid remark like that. I don't care that the point he's making is, strictly speaking, quite true - but you just don't say that. We as a club know where we are and who we are, we don't need to tell people that. He hung the players out to dry in that interview and I wouldn't underestimate the negative impact that a small remark like that can make.

I could go off on a tangent about his media silence as well.. but that's probably best for another thread. I want Lennon to be the Hibs manager for years and years to come. But he needs to take a look at himself and understand that it isn't all about him.

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2018, 01:54 PM
He didn’t say that at all.

He was saying that in comparison to Celtic having players worth millions we sign players that had been rejected, for whatever reason, by their previous club.

Still, it’s another reason to have a go at our manager before he leaves eh.

Got to get all the hate out now.

Give him dogs abuse, say he not healthy enough for the role, call him a coward and go back to having anyone in charge who doesn’t give a damn if we win lose or draw.

That will get us back to where we belong.

#naturalorder
#knowour place
#prayforNeil

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2018, 01:59 PM
I've not been on here in a while.. so apologies in advance if this has already been brought up.

But I caught the Sportscene highlights when I got in on Wednesday. Steven Thompson mentioned that Hibs, since the Celtic game at Parkhead (where we actually performed pretty well), haven't been the same side since - which is completely true. This was also the same game that Lennon came out with comments about having a team of rejects here at Hibs - or words to that effect. Which I thought was completely unnecessary at the time, but annoys me even more now.

If I was a player, I'd be offended at that sort of comment. Do you think Steve Clark was publicly calling his players rejects 10 games into the season? Absolutely no chance - and they signed a player was freed by Queen's Park last season!

Lennon's a winner and I love seeing someone who expresses how passionate they are. But I seriously worry that he's lost a few players faith by making a stupid remark like that. I don't care that the point he's making is, strictly speaking, quite true - but you just don't say that. We as a club know where we are and who we are, we don't need to tell people that. He hung the players out to dry in that interview and I wouldn't underestimate the negative impact that a small remark like that can make.

I could go off on a tangent about his media silence as well.. but that's probably best for another thread. I want Lennon to be the Hibs manager for years and years to come. But he needs to take a look at himself and understand that it isn't all about him.

Try and make it a bit longer next time.

superfurryhibby
07-12-2018, 02:19 PM

They must be right sensitive wee souls right enough.

Hung the players out to dry? How did he do that? By stating the obvious when comparing budgets and playing resources?

As for faith, he picks them to play, that shows faith to me and would be all the recognition I ever needed when playing football. These guys are hardened professionals and it’s a tough game. I doubt very much that the odd odd public remark is responsible for the downturn in our fortunes.

How about considering injuries to key players like Hanlon, McGregor, Gray and McLaren. Maybe add in on-going issues that are inhibiting the likes of Bartley, Kamberi and possibly Boyle. Take into account that major signings, like Mallan, Horgan and Milligan haven’t been able to deliver what we need.

Aye, Lennon has some responsibility, but lets not get too precious about media comments and the like. I prefer to look at the more obvious factors, as highlighted.

Keith_M
07-12-2018, 02:23 PM
How can you lose the Dressing Room?

Just walk past the main stand reception and keep going for a few yards and, IIRC, it's on the left hand side.

Glad to be of service.

Crutch
07-12-2018, 02:53 PM
They must be right sensitive wee souls right enough.

Hung the players out to dry? How did he do that? By stating the obvious when comparing budgets and playing resources?

As for faith, he picks them to play, that shows faith to me and would be all the recognition I ever needed when playing football. These guys are hardened professionals and it’s a tough game. I doubt very much that the odd odd public remark is responsible for the downturn in our fortunes.

How about considering injuries to key players like Hanlon, McGregor, Gray and McLaren. Maybe add in on-going issues that are inhibiting the likes of Bartley, Kamberi and possibly Boyle. Take into account that major signings, like Mallan, Horgan and Milligan haven’t been able to deliver what we need.

Aye, Lennon has some responsibility, but lets not get too precious about media comments and the like. I prefer to look at the more obvious factors, as highlighted.

He picks those players because, let’s be honest, who else have we got? You just named a team-sheet of injuries, that’s why they keep playing..not on merit.

I understand your point regarding Horgan, Milligan, Mallon etc all underperforming - but then are you asking yourself why? Because by my reckoning they were all doing more than alright up until that game at Parkhead. I’m not saying it’s the soul reason - but I don’t think people appreciate what impact a comment like that can have on some players

The 90+2
07-12-2018, 03:24 PM
Is young Porteous the Lewis Stevenson to John Collins?

Fanforlife
07-12-2018, 03:29 PM
He picks those players because, let’s be honest, who else have we got? You just named a team-sheet of injuries, that’s why they keep playing..not on merit.

I understand your point regarding Horgan, Milligan, Mallon etc all underperforming - but then are you asking yourself why? Because by my reckoning they were all doing more than alright up until that game at Parkhead. I’m not saying it’s the soul reason - but I don’t think people appreciate what impact a comment like that can have on some players

Take it you just chose to ignore the truth being explained regarding the version of bollocks & prefer to listen to nonsense!

Bostonhibby
07-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Tell you what, bet Levein is delighted at the referee decisions against him over the last couple of games or he'd be having to put up with all of the 'lost the dressing room' speculation as well. Talk about getting the heat taken off you.You'd hope the thieves fans on here taking a pop at Hibs are at least as evident and prolific on their own sites. Mind you history shows them to be a pretty inert compliant lot.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
07-12-2018, 03:51 PM
He didn’t say that at all.

and go back to having anyone in charge who doesn’t give a damn if we win lose or draw.
l

Please show me where ANYONE is saying that. Any manager will care about winning. That’s not a qualification for the job.

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2018, 07:09 PM
Tell you what, bet Levein is delighted at the referee decisions against him over the last couple of games or he'd be having to put up with all of the 'lost the dressing room' speculation as well. Talk about getting the heat taken off you.

Good shout. Him having Haring by the throat the other night’s not even been reported.

HibeeHibernian4
07-12-2018, 07:15 PM

But I caught the Sportscene highlights when I got in on Wednesday. Steven Thompson mentioned that Hibs, since the Celtic game at Parkhead (where we actually performed pretty well), haven't been the same side since - which is completely true.

I do not know why this myth has persisted, we were absolutely atrocious in the first half at Parkhead, with some absolutely embarrassing defending giving away two cheap goals in the first twenty minutes. The second half saw some good, counter-attacking football going forward, but more weak defending that meant every time we got back into the game, Celtic merely swanned down the other end and helped themselves to another goal. It certainly wasn't a good performance by any means.

Prof. Shaggy
07-12-2018, 08:26 PM

Yup! Lennon picks the players he's got and not the players he doesn't have.

Brilliant!
Stick around will you? I feel we could all learn a lot from you.
:greengrin

Oh and could you explain a "soul reason" to the ecumenically challenged among us, please.

Hi Heid Yin
07-12-2018, 08:33 PM

:wink: Cheers bud
One tries one's best.

Hi Heid Yin
07-12-2018, 08:35 PM
There’s a few folk would’ve had Kamberi by the throat after his last couple of performances 😂

Aye, join the queue...it currently stretches down Albion Road and half way down Easter Road

Hi Heid Yin
07-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Although I agree with most of this - if you’ve got a manger that demotivates you it’s hard to give 100% even if you’re trying to do your best.

Likewise if you've got a player or two that demotivate you (through inept performances) it's hard for a manager to give 100% even if he is trying to do his best..

Barney McGrew
07-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Likewise if you've got a player or two that demotivate you (through inept performances) it's hard for a manager to give 100% even if he is trying to do his best..

You can drop the player - the players can’t drop the manager.

Hi Heid Yin
07-12-2018, 08:50 PM
How can you lose the Dressing Room?

Just walk past the main stand reception and keep going for a few yards and, IIRC, it's on the left hand side.

Glad to be of service.

Boom, boom!
Every one a coconut!

Hi Heid Yin
07-12-2018, 09:41 PM
You can drop the player - the players can’t drop the manager.

Ironically they can down tools and then sit back and watch the manager get sacked - inadvertently " dropping him" as a direct consequence of their actions.