PDA

View Full Version : The second goal tonight

eastcoasthibby
05-12-2018, 10:08 PM
When that freekick for diving was awarded and we set up the writing was on the wall, our positioning was exactly the same as the St Johnstone goal, a big gaping hole leaving the ball to be played into the front post area which St Mirren player duly did and the same outcome a gifted goal.
The question is if I can see it so glaringly from the stand, what the F£@k are our coaching staff doing, we talk about soft goals that was a gift, basic coaching, nothing learned from previous mistakes.

Stuart93
05-12-2018, 10:12 PM
When that freekick for diving was awarded and we set up the writing was on the wall, our positioning was exactly the same as the St Johnstone goal, a big gaping hole leaving the ball to be played into the front post area which St Mirren player duly did and the same outcome a gifted goal.
The question is if I can see it so glaringly from the stand, what the F£@k are our coaching staff doing, we talk about soft goals that was a gift, basic coaching, nothing learned from previous mistakes.

I disagree it was a dive tbh, thought porteous rushed out to him and barged him to the deck. But agree with the rest of your post 100%

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 10:13 PM

The boy made a meal of it but it was a foul IMO. Silly foul to give away.

As you say, the coaching staff have to set us up better. People have been saying that the players are letting them down and they are to an extent but they decide how we set up at set pieces.

wookie70
05-12-2018, 10:17 PM
I thought it was a foul by Porteous too. He made a few mistakes today as did Efe for that goal but the two of them played well tonight and I'd stick with that partnership for now. . I think we stand where we fancy defending set pieces. The first corner of the game Horgan ran up to the half way line and then got a shout to go back into the box. Surely we have a plan before the game starts.

Smartie
05-12-2018, 10:17 PM
It was a cheap and clumsy foul.

CMurdoch
05-12-2018, 10:36 PM
It was a cheap and clumsy foul.

It was and punished by a beautifully struck free kick from Hamill

Lang Toun hibby
05-12-2018, 11:39 PM

Totally agree that the coaches are missing a number of areas that could e improved. Firstly we lost a goal against St Johnstone in exactly the same area of the pitch and with a similar cross and header. We need to set up differently. Noticed Liverpool commentator saying they keep a very high line. Other areas: movement at throw ins, kick outs, somebody on the "D" at corners both for and against, etc.

staunchhibby
06-12-2018, 06:41 AM
It was idiotic of Porteous to foul the player in that area.

Callum_62
06-12-2018, 07:00 AM
to be fair theres hardly a st mirren player near it. Its Bodgdans ball all day, or a simple clearance for Efe, but he seemed to loose flight of the ball

Brightside
06-12-2018, 07:06 AM
I disagree it was a dive tbh, thought porteous rushed out to him and barged him to the deck. But agree with the rest of your post 100%

Yep. 100% a foul. But he’s the 2nd coming so it’s allowed. Bartley was lucky not to end up sent off with multiple fouling too. From the west it actually looked like an OG off Efe. But no one was committed to the ball. Including the goalie.

Brightside
06-12-2018, 07:07 AM
I thought it was a foul by Porteous too. He made a few mistakes today as did Efe for that goal but the two of them played well tonight and I'd stick with that partnership for now. . I think we stand where we fancy defending set pieces. The first corner of the game Horgan ran up to the half way line and then got a shout to go back into the box. Surely we have a plan before the game starts.
You’d think eh.

green with envy
06-12-2018, 07:12 AM

Should have gone to specsavers.

neil7908
06-12-2018, 07:33 AM
I was level with them in the east and 100% a foul. It was really silly by Porteous. He did well initially to cover for an Efe mistake but then does something silly. There was no need to foul the guy, he wasn't going anywhere.

We picked up a lot of yellow cards last night, we aren't a dirty team but Milligan and Bartley both look so slow that inevitably players are walking round the them and then they bring them down.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 07:34 AM
I was level with them in the east and 100% a foul. It was really silly by Porteous. He did well initially to cover for an Efe mistake but then does something silly. There was no need to foul the guy, he wasn't going anywhere.

We picked up a lot of yellow cards last night, we aren't a dirty team but Milligan and Bartley both look so slow that inevitably players are walking round the them and then they bring them down.

Most folk around me were going mental at Milligan and Bartley’s bookings. Don’t think either of them could be argued with.

Callum_62
06-12-2018, 07:43 AM
Most folk around me were going mental at Milligan and Bartley’s bookings. Don’t think either of them could be argued with.

Bartleys was very harsh - but then he couldve been booked for his first tackle

the one he was booked was totally accidental

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 07:45 AM

Aye as a one off foul it maybe shouldn’t have been a booking but he had already got away with 2. The first one where he also brought the boy down and another after that where I think he possibly took someone down aswell?

Brightside
06-12-2018, 07:50 AM

He climbed on him and pulled him back as he was trying to break away. It’s a yellow. The ref can’t be blamed for anything last night.

matty_f
06-12-2018, 12:00 PM

From my seat it actually looked like Bartley was fouled when he was booked, I thought the ref was going to give the free kick our way (until I remembered it was a ref making the decision, and we're Hibs).

wookie70
06-12-2018, 12:41 PM

I was the same. Thought both were definite bookings. They both came after earlier fouls and both had an element of rugby tackle after their man had got away from them. I thought the ref had a decent game apart from his handling of time wasting.

Billy Whizz
06-12-2018, 12:48 PM
I was the same. Thought both were definite bookings. They both came after earlier fouls and both had an element of rugby tackle after their man had got away from them. I thought the ref had a decent game apart from his handling of time wasting.

That’s Milligan one game away from a one match ban already

green day
06-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Bartleys booking was his third v similar foul - cant really argue.

Milligans was his second challenge - again, prob correct.

What pissed me off was the inconsistency.......again.......their left back should have been booked before he was for kicking the ball away.

Half the St Mirren midfield should have been booked for constantly standing over Hibs freekicks - however in the interest of balance, Boyle booted the ball away twice in the closing 15 mins, FFS !

oldbutdim
06-12-2018, 01:03 PM

One game?
Or one booking?

Same thing I suppose.

Billy Whizz
06-12-2018, 01:35 PM
One game?
Or one booking?

Same thing I suppose.

Sorry one booking

wookie70
06-12-2018, 03:41 PM

Not sure he would be missed the way he is playing. He definitely made a difference when he came in but he has been as bad as the rest for the last few weeks since he came back from Oz

Criswell
06-12-2018, 04:26 PM

Don't Agree. The St Mirren players were throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity and he awarded them a free-kick every time. Their tactics were to spoil and waste time and he should have been wise to it.

wookie70
06-12-2018, 04:35 PM
Don't Agree. The St Mirren players were throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity and he awarded them a free-kick every time. Their tactics were to spoil and waste time and he should have been wise to it.
Buying cheap free kick doesn't stop them being free kicks.They did go down easily but we are so naive in our play that it allows team to do that against us