PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Dallas

James310
05-12-2018, 10:31 PM
I know he has taken stick after the penalty he awarded on Sunday and his general performances, but credit where it is due as he got that St Johnstone penalty v Hearts spot on tonight, stonewaller. 😂 😂

BILLYHIBS
05-12-2018, 10:34 PM
I know he has taken stick after the penalty he awarded on Sunday and his general performances, but credit where it is due as he got that St Johnstone penalty v Hearts spot on tonight, stonewaller. 😂 😂

Dunno about that but Potters thrown all his toys oot the pram now!

:faf:

James310
05-12-2018, 10:41 PM
https://www.facebook.com/ScotsAwayDays/videos/352208732003776/

Clearly a penalty.

Elephant Stone
05-12-2018, 10:45 PM
https://www.facebook.com/ScotsAwayDays/videos/352208732003776/

Clearly a penalty.

Could have broken his neck :agree:

BlackSheep
05-12-2018, 10:50 PM
As amusing as it is that this occurs against hearts, it still cannot be excused!! I cannot remember a week recently where at least 4/5 times during a match the officials make absolute howlers!!

It needs addressed ASAP!

The charges brought against Rangers for their criticism of Collin only alludes to the complete and utter shambles going on at the SFA.

The 90+2
05-12-2018, 11:33 PM
Penalty all day long.

It’s all fun and games laughs and giggles though Potter eh? Ya dick 😀

patlowe
06-12-2018, 01:30 PM
I don't often comment on referees but some of Dallas' decisions recently have been absolutely baffling - I wouldn't want to cast aspersions on his character but he seems determined to get involved and make unnecessary calls (Flo's red, LCF pen, the St J pen) for reasons only he could give. In the case of the derby, I would suggest that a good chuck of the responsibility for the whole mood and atmosphere of the game getting out of hand (not to excuse the violent acts of course) rests on his shoulders.

Not In The Know
06-12-2018, 01:31 PM

Its all a good laugh, isn't it? 😂

matty_f
06-12-2018, 01:32 PM
Penalty all day long for me, I'd have sent the Hearts **** off for it as well.

JeMeSouviens
06-12-2018, 01:41 PM
Hearts #5 doesn't even protest. :confused:

Son of Dallas is a walking embodiment of the dangers of nepotism.

One Day Soon
06-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Last night on the radio he sounded like he should be put on a 24 hour safety watch. A broken man would be the most apt phrase.

where'stheslope
06-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Hearts #5 doesn't even protest. :confused:

Son of Dallas is a walking embodiment of the dangers of nepotism.
With Dallas there would be no point, showed it on Sportscene last night from 3 different angles and still yet to see contact, other than the St. J player trying an overhead kick????

ShetlandHibby
06-12-2018, 03:14 PM
As funny as it is, it’s worrying that this buffoon isn’t demoted. He is an awful ref.

Northernhibee
06-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Bah gawd he may be broken in half!

scuttle
06-12-2018, 05:30 PM
As funny as it is, it’s worrying that this buffoon isn’t demoted. He is an awful ref.

He will probably get the next derby, and give Hertz a penalty to make it up to Potter

weecounty hibby
06-12-2018, 08:24 PM
I can’t believe that Craigy boy, the master joker, not to mention the masterbater, has stopped seeing the funny side in poor refereeing decisions!! Oh aye, that’s right Craig they’re only funny when they go for you ya ****ing dick. Penalty all day long, I would definitely have given it and possibly followed it up with a red card and if St J had missed I would have allowed retakes until they scored

chinaman
06-12-2018, 08:31 PM

it's great when it happens against that maroon puke though eh ? shetland jumbo ?

Ryan69
07-12-2018, 06:41 AM

Jobs for the boys.

SFA just looking after Hugh's son...No matter how incompetent he is.

matty_f
07-12-2018, 07:25 AM
it's great when it happens against that maroon puke though eh ? shetland jumbo ?

Bit harsh, no?

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 07:29 AM
The standard of refereeing in this country is horrendous. Decisions like that and the one against Candeias recently, as funny as they are, are absolutely inexplicable. You don’t even see decisions like that in amateur/juvenile football.

BILLYHIBS
07-12-2018, 08:54 AM
If any of us did our jobs as well as this clown does we would all be currently unemployed

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2018, 10:03 AM
If any of us did our jobs as well as this clown does we would all be currently unemployed

Nah it’s really really difficult to get rid of someone that’s rubbish at their job.

BILLYHIBS
07-12-2018, 10:07 AM
Nah it’s really really difficult to get rid of someone that’s rubbish at their job.

Written warnings disciplinaries then out the door all employers use them tactics now that’s what HR Departments are for time the SFA joined the rest of us in the 21st century.:greengrin

Radium
07-12-2018, 12:31 PM
My query is not with the current batch of referees but rather how they got there.

All very anecdotal, colleague at work was progressing through the ranks a couple of years ago and had passed everything required. He was then told that to progress he would need to change his body shape (apparently a V shape is required) and he should take up an admin role in the local committee. Didn’t inspire him, which combined with the commitments of a young family, led him away from refereeing.

Combined with what appears to be a dominance by West of Scotland associations (can’t find the news article atm) the problem is less about the current batch of referees. The issue is the system that filters out potentially better candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
07-12-2018, 12:38 PM
My query is not with the current batch of referees but rather how they got there.

All very anecdotal, colleague at work was progressing through the ranks a couple of years ago and had passed everything required. He was then told that to progress he would need to change his body shape (apparently a V shape is required) and he should take up an admin role in the local committee. Didn’t inspire him, which combined with the commitments of a young family, led him away from refereeing.

Combined with what appears to be a dominance by West of Scotland associations (can’t find the news article atm) the problem is less about the current batch of referees. The issue is the system that filters out potentially better candidates.

Well that explains the bias towards the OF

Keith_M
07-12-2018, 12:40 PM

If you're not from Ayrshire, Glasgow or Lanarkshire, you have very little chance of becoming a Grade A Ref in this country.

Even less chance of refereeing a Scottish Cup Final.

lyonhibs
07-12-2018, 12:47 PM
WTF is a "V" shaped body? I'm missing something here right??

superfurryhibby
07-12-2018, 12:48 PM
If you're not from Ayrshire, Glasgow or Lanarkshire, you have very little chance of becoming a Grade A Ref in this country.

Even less chance of refereeing a Scottish Cup Final.

Yes, widely reported but amazingly no action is taken to address the corruption at the heart of Scottish refereeing. It seems absolutely incredible that this goes unaddressed. It’s a cartel running refereeing and they are untouchable.

Keith_M
07-12-2018, 12:48 PM
WTF is a "V" shaped body? I'm missing something here right??

Does it have anything to do with Y-Fronts?

matty_f
07-12-2018, 12:52 PM

Or X-rays?

Radium
07-12-2018, 01:16 PM

[emoji51]

If only.

essexhibee
07-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Broad shoulders and narrow waist for those that may care is what that means. The mesomorph body time.

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 01:47 PM

A guy I know from school referees juniors and possibly runs the line at League 2 games and was told the same thing about his body composition. Fit as a fiddle but because he doesn’t ‘look right’ (he looks fine btw) he won’t go any further until that changes.

Fritz
07-12-2018, 02:15 PM
I'm no expert but I think this is what they mean by a v-shaped body...

calumhibee1
07-12-2018, 02:24 PM

:greengrin

Keith_M
07-12-2018, 02:28 PM

That's the one!

:thumbsup:

p.s. I'm currently typing this in the Cafe under the Main Stand at Hampden Park. Maybe I should go and speak to some SFA high heid yin and ask them what their appointment process is.

NAE NOOKIE
07-12-2018, 02:38 PM

Brilliant :faf:

lyonhibs
07-12-2018, 02:42 PM

That's what I had in the back of my mind tbh :greengrin

So, in effect, the guy in question was told to shed some timber?

Radium
07-12-2018, 03:01 PM
That's what I had in the back of my mind tbh :greengrin

So, in effect, the guy in question was told to shed some timber?

He was 6’2” passing every fitness test put in front of him which is why it is strange. Not a beanpole but didn’t seem to be carrying much if any weight.

Given the referees only need to lift a whistle to their mouth, whilst assistants carry a flag, identifying with a bodyshape that’s predicated on upper body strength seems strange. Would have thought that aerobic fitness and endurance would be more important

Ozyhibby
07-12-2018, 03:26 PM

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16114571.investigation-referees-blow-the-whistle-on-unrest/

One Day
07-12-2018, 03:27 PM

I agree with this, funny because its against them but another terrible decision

Phil MaGlass
07-12-2018, 07:18 PM
It cant be a coincidence that most of our managers in recent times have complained about the very very poor refereeing standards.
Is it not about time the clubs got together and strike, mid December for one week would be a good time, send out a message that were not prepared to put up with biased or such poor refereeing.

HibbyAndy
07-12-2018, 07:20 PM
He's a cheating **** like his auld man

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Just watched Stuart Dougal on BT. The way he defends the decisions over the last few days shows why the refs never get disciplined - basically it’s ok for them to make a mistake because players miss penalties sometimes.

Radium
07-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Just watched Stuart Dougal on BT. The way he defends the decisions over the last few days shows why the refs never get disciplined - basically it’s ok for them to make a mistake because players miss penalties sometimes.

Thought he came across badly and offered very little insight.

Craig T came across much better and was clearly open to the proposed VARS pilot by BT.

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2018, 07:50 PM
Thought he came across badly and offered very little insight.

They always come across badly when they defend the indefensible. Former players turned pundit will criticise a player when they make a mistake but it’s against the refereeing code. It makes them look ridiculous and low on integrity.

lord bunberry
07-12-2018, 08:50 PM
They always come across badly when they defend the indefensible. Former players turned pundit will criticise a player when they make a mistake but it’s against the refereeing code. It makes them look ridiculous and low on integrity.
Sky have a guy on every Monday to go over referring decisions and he isn’t scared to say when a refs got it wrong. Up here they’re all in the same lodge so they won’t say anything against each other.