PDA

View Full Version : Support him

houstonhibbee
05-12-2018, 10:24 PM
For those that seek immediate relief and who's remedy for that is to replace the manager with an as yet unidentified miracle worker let me say that I have felt frustrated like that many times in the past (Yogi and Mixu come to mind) but I cant recall that it ever worked, in fact it just exacerbated a downward spiral...….

Johnny_Leith
05-12-2018, 10:26 PM
We'll come through this in my opinion. I don't think sacking Lennon would be a smart move. Few things going against us at the moment, wonder goals and set pieces, we'll sneak a win soon and get through to January, hopefully add some more quality and push on rest of the season.

B.H.F.C
05-12-2018, 10:33 PM
I don’t think it’s time for sacking Lennon. Yet.

We’re not a million miles away from it being a consideration though.

We’re winless in 7 games. We play Hamilton then have 5 games against teams above us. How many of them are we really likely to win? You’re probably looking at a couple of wins in 13 games, at best, come the end of the month.

Biggest worry for me is that it’s got progressively worse over these 7 games. Parkhead, where it started, wasn’t that bad. Since then there hasn’t been much to suggest it’ll get better though.

Jones28
05-12-2018, 10:36 PM
We needed to get December off to a flyer and tonight eveidence is there that something is definitely not right. For me it's the continual chopping and changing.

Some can't be helped with injuries but the team every week is a total mystery and that needs to stop.

Saturday is now a real, proper, bonafied must win.

Scotty Leither
05-12-2018, 10:37 PM
I don't think sacking Neil Lennon would achieve anything, unless we've got Steve Clarke lined up, and I would think that's highly unlikely; but the manager is the club's figurehead and we can't go on like this where all the focus is on him.

It's not fair on the guy himself, and it's disrespectful to the fans, and this is where Hibs infuriate me at times; "dignified silence* is one thing, glib statements 're Garry Parker doing all the media duties until further notice simply fuels the speculation and is a further distraction.

A rallying call from Leean wouldn't go amiss right now, and it might buy the club some time and make Neil Lennon feel a bit less isolated, but historically we've never been a club to stick our head above the parapet with any issues and it's high time we did.

Hi Heid Yin
05-12-2018, 10:46 PM
The thread title is "Support him".

So, here goes: Neil, I support you!

Ps: Get rid of the riff raff and under achievers and make sure you badger Leeann and co to cough up the funds in the January window to secure the quality we need to rescue our season.

hibs4life
05-12-2018, 11:02 PM
We're really struggling just now and obviously the buck stops with the manager. However I think this season's recruitment looked decent enough until recently when the form of numerous players just plummeted. I expect Neil Lennon to make some changes to the squad in January and hopefully this will improve the team's fortunes.
Way too early to start thinking about the manager's position. He's a good manager in a bad position, which I believe he can and will turn around but maybe not instantly.
We've had a good few years of watching entertaining football with some degree of success. What we are watching just now is frustrating and really disappointing but we should be avoiding knee-jerk reactions and, difficult though it is, stick with it for now.
P.S. Sad to admit some swearies and boos directed at the team did cross my lips at the game tonight, so I get frustrations
get the better of us all at times...
I'll be at Hamilton on Saturday hoping the turnaround begins there.

wookie70
05-12-2018, 11:08 PM

Ps: Get rid of the riff raff and under achievers and make sure you badger Leeann and co to cough up the funds in the January window to secure the quality we need to rescue our season.

We are pretty threadbare as it is. If he gets rid of the poor signings we might have to make 8-10 signings in January. Even if he managed to sign quality he has to be able to organise them and motivate them . Precious little sign of that at the moment with his signings from the summer.

superfurryhibby
05-12-2018, 11:23 PM
I’m supporting Lennon all the way. He won’t be sacked, aside from anything, we can’t afford to. If Lennon can’t turn it around then I imagine he will go of his own accord. The man has credit left with me and deserves the chance to change our fortunes with another transfer window.

The 90+2
05-12-2018, 11:24 PM
I really hope the players still support him because all indications are they don’t.

HibeeHibernian4
05-12-2018, 11:25 PM

Right now, Neil Lennon is one of the under achievers. And until people recognise this and stop giving him a carte blanche, things aren't going to improve.

Ozyhibby
05-12-2018, 11:28 PM
Back him but he needs to get quality midfielders in January. Kamara and Allan need to be top of the list. We also need another centre forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
06-12-2018, 12:05 AM
Back him but he needs to get quality midfielders in January. Kamara and Allan need to be top of the list. We also need another centre forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our problems go way beyond the midfield.

Something has happened behind the scenes and at least some of the dressing room are not happy with the manager imo.

hibs4life
06-12-2018, 07:41 AM
I’m supporting Lennon all the way. He won’t be sacked, aside from anything, we can’t afford to. If Lennon can’t turn it around then I imagine he will go of his own accord. The man has credit left with me and deserves the chance to change our fortunes with another transfer window.
Completely agree, the least he deserves.