PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon

dp00
05-12-2018, 09:20 PM
Injured ? Dropped ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
05-12-2018, 11:38 PM
Presumably dropped after 2 abysmal performances, costing us a couple of goals. On that theory I expect 9 out that 11 could be dropped on Saturday.

The 90+2
05-12-2018, 11:38 PM
Back too soon. Scapegoat.

JimboHibs
06-12-2018, 12:05 AM
Scapegoat hardly he's fair game to be dropped.

Hi Heid Yin
06-12-2018, 12:43 AM
Hanlon is not exempt from criticism.

His recent performances have actually been poor by his own high standards.

He is an experienced player that should be leading by example and a player that Neil Lennon should not have to worry about.

BlackSheep
06-12-2018, 05:28 AM
You have to remember that Hanlon is a new father. His wee one will be almost a year now IIRC and speaking from experience it can take its toll.

hibbydad
06-12-2018, 05:52 AM
To me Hanlon did not look fully fit in either the Dundee game or Kilmarnock game

The 90+2
06-12-2018, 06:33 AM
Scapegoat hardly he's fair game to be dropped.

He is when he’s nowhere near fit enough and was rushed back because there’s no left sided CH cover.

scoopyboy
06-12-2018, 07:04 AM
Same injury. Rushed back too quick.

scoopyboy
06-12-2018, 07:05 AM
Hanlon is not exempt from criticism.

His recent performances have actually been poor by his own high standards.

He is an experienced player that should be leading by example and a player that Neil Lennon should not have to worry about.

I agree. :greengrin

Hasn't been good since returning from injury, shouldn't have been playing though.

Daydreamer
06-12-2018, 10:36 AM
I agree. :greengrin

Hasn't been good since returning from injury, shouldn't have been playing though.

Big problem is we have four right sided center backs (Mcgregor Ambrose Porteous and Milligan) and only one left sided center back. It must be uncomfortable for any of the right sided centers to play on the left. Also god knows how Lennon can play Milligan as a midfield player.

MWHIBBIES
06-12-2018, 11:35 AM
Big problem is we have four right sided center backs (Mcgregor Ambrose Porteous and Milligan) and only one left sided center back. It must be uncomfortable for any of the right sided centers to play on the left. Also god knows how Lennon can play Milligan as a midfield player. Milligan is a midfield player, that's why. He's said it himself.

Many examples of brilliant centre back pairings both being right footed, bit more to it than that.

J-C
06-12-2018, 11:42 AM
Milligan is a midfield player, that's why. He's said it himself.

Many examples of brilliant centre back pairings both being right footed, bit more to it than that.

:agree: Like many players who can do a job elsewhere he will for the sake of the team but prefers midfield, remember when we played Bartley at CH and just how bad he was.

matty_f
06-12-2018, 11:45 AM
Hanlon looked nowhere near ready to start in the first team again, what happened to giving players some games in the development side to get their match fitness up again? That's Hanlon and McGregor pitched straight back into the team after a lay off with injury and neither looked comfortable with it.

Daydreamer
06-12-2018, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=MWHIBBIES;5622626]Milligan is a midfield player, that's why. He's said it himself.

Many examples of brilliant centre back pairings both being right footed, bit more to it than that.[/QUOTE

90 per cent of his Australian caps have been at center half. Check the last world cup.
Stevenson used to say he was a midfield player but ended up making a career at left back.
Of course there's more to it than that but our team needs to get back to basics and playing players out of position is not helping at present.