05-12-2018, 09:51 PM
Who'll it be this time?

cabbageandribs1875
05-12-2018, 09:51 PM
one of the catering staff i'm hearing

Northernhibee
05-12-2018, 09:54 PM
one of the catering staff i'm hearing

Finally, some answers about the state of the pies!

Elephant Stone
05-12-2018, 09:55 PM
Maybe wait and see who it is before starting a thread moaning about it?

Ryan69
05-12-2018, 09:56 PM
We should do a sweepstake...😀

bingo70
05-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Maybe wait and see who it is before starting a thread moaning about it? Wierdo.

He wasn’t moaning about it?

Fairly legitimate question I think.

Elephant Stone
05-12-2018, 09:58 PM

It's a mere invitation to make predictions, for fun?

Hibbyradge
05-12-2018, 09:59 PM

Why ask a question no-one can answer?

YanYansen
Who'll it be this time?

If it’s not Lennon, I reckon he’ll be gone by Christmas. This can’t go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libby Hibby
We should do a sweepstake...😀

£1 Tam McCourt

bingo70
05-12-2018, 10:00 PM
Why ask a question no-one can answer?

Because it’s a relevant topic after Lennon missed the Previous media interviews/conferences?

cabbageandribs1875
05-12-2018, 10:01 PM
Finally, some answers about the state of the pies!

they'll just blame it all on the marathon bet gadgies that used to be in the wee pods

Lmc2105
05-12-2018, 10:06 PM
Parker on media duties, as Lennon has asked to concentrate on football matters.

05-12-2018, 10:07 PM
Parker apparently. Sigh

Lmc2105
05-12-2018, 10:08 PM
Quote from the journalist.

Waiting to hear from Garry Parker after #Hibs draw 2-2 with St Mirren. Understand Parker will be on media duties for the foreseeable as Neil Lennon is keen to “focus on football matters”

neil7908
05-12-2018, 10:09 PM

Waiting to hear from Garry Parker after #Hibs draw 2-2 with St Mirren. Understand Parker will be on media duties for the foreseeable as Neil Lennon is keen to “focus on football matters”

Hmmmmm. Not sure about that

Joe6-2
05-12-2018, 10:17 PM

About time....

Lmc2105
05-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Parker just said this ...

“It’s frustration. What do you do? Some people are not turning up and not performing for us – they know who they are.”

Hibernian Verse
05-12-2018, 10:23 PM
Parker just said this ...

“It’s frustration. What do you do? Some people are not turning up and not performing for us – they know who they are.”Where are you heading this? It's not on sportsound

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HibeeHibernian4
05-12-2018, 10:23 PM
So he's shirked another interview then?

Coward.

Diclonius
05-12-2018, 10:24 PM
That's not normal.

Lmc2105
05-12-2018, 10:24 PM
Where are you heading this? It's not on sportsound

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

From Journalist Ross Pilcher

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-v-st-mirren-live-15505525

Garry Parker reaction
“It’s just frustrating. They score a wonder goal, you’ve got to accept hat.
“But at 1-1 I thought we’d go on to win the game.

“The free-kick we give away, don’t pick up the men, we’ve given that goal away.
“Credit to the lad, he’s seen the keeper off his line. It’s a good goal.

‘It’s frustration. What do you do? Some people are not turning up and not performing for us – they know who they are.”

HibeeHibernian4
05-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Hibernian assistant coach Garry Parker says his players got the hairdryer treatment after tonight's draw with St Mirren.

"No disrespect to St Mirren, we're at home, we should be beating them," Parker told BBC Scotland.

"We're just not playing. We're playing without a couple of players that were out there tonight not doing their jobs, not performing and letting us down.

"I'm not going to name names, they know themselves they are not contributing. So you're playing with seven, eight men. You can't do it.

"They've just had a roasting and rightly so. We've got to think of our jobs as well the way things are going. It hurts. I'm hurting. It's just not acceptable.

"Tonight, we went attacking with two wide men and for some reason, we're not doing it, they're not doing what they're asked."

Diclonius
05-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Sportsound is closing up without an interview by the looks of it.

Callum_62
05-12-2018, 10:27 PM
kamberis definitely one of the ones far under performing at the moment - his attitude just seems off to me

Hi Heid Yin
05-12-2018, 10:30 PM

Coward.

:bitchy::bitchy:

Jones28
05-12-2018, 10:32 PM
kamberis definitely one of the ones far under performing at the moment - his attitude just seems off to me

Interview suggests it's the wide men getting a roasting

Northernhibee
Hibernian assistant coach Garry Parker says his players got the hairdryer treatment after tonight's draw with St Mirren.

"No disrespect to St Mirren, we're at home, we should be beating them," Parker told BBC Scotland.

"We're just not playing. We're playing without a couple of players that were out there tonight not doing their jobs, not performing and letting us down.

"I'm not going to name names, they know themselves they are not contributing. So you're playing with seven, eight men. You can't do it.

"They've just had a roasting and rightly so. We've got to think of our jobs as well the way things are going. It hurts. I'm hurting. It's just not acceptable.

"Tonight, we went attacking with two wide men and for some reason, we're not doing it, they're not doing what they're asked."

I like Gary Parker.

Jones28

Coward.

Awful patter.

One Day Soon
05-12-2018, 10:33 PM

Coward.

You are an absolute disgrace.

green day
05-12-2018, 10:34 PM
To be fair to Parker, it could be difficult to work out who he had in mind when he said that - pretty much the entire team apart from Lewis, Ryan, Efe were poor.

FifeHibs
05-12-2018, 10:37 PM
In 40 games for Preston Horgan contributed 3 goals and 5 assist at Preston. He has not been good enough for Hibs

B.H.F.C
05-12-2018, 10:42 PM
In 40 games for Preston Horgan contributed 3 goals and 5 assist at Preston. He has not been good enough for Hibs

He’s got a couple of goals and probably five or six assists for us so far.

He’s been too in and out the team. He’s not been brilliant but I don’t think he’s deserving of the stick he’s had.

B.H.F.C
05-12-2018, 10:43 PM
Got to be Kamberi that he’s talking about. Been dire for weeks.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-12-2018, 10:43 PM
He’s got a couple of goals and probably five or six assists for us so far.

He’s been too in and out the team. He’s not been brilliant but I don’t think he’s deserving of the stick he’s had.

One of the better players tonight.

BlackSheep
05-12-2018, 10:45 PM
To be fair to Parker, it could be difficult to work out who he had in mind when he said that - pretty much the entire team apart from Lewis, Ryan, Efe were poor.

Lewis and Ryan hardly had decent games, both made mistakes and showed a lack of confidence, slack passes and poor positioning.

HibeeHibernian4
05-12-2018, 10:49 PM
Awful patter.

It's not 'patter', it is my sincere opinion. And it has nothing do with the man personally, I've met him and he seems a decent person. Hiding away behind your assistant game after game in a winless run of seven? That's footballing cowardice. Simple.

Tyler Durden

There’s further quotes from Parker on Edinburgh Live / Ross Pilcher’s Twitter. Singles out Kamberi.

Personally don’t think it’s helpful, especially when we have the assistant manager, typically the “good cop” who is closer to the players slating them. Also that’s about 3 games from 4 now where Parker has basically said the players are to blame, they’re not turning up, not following instructions. There comes a time when that is the fault of the management team.

Sometimes better to say we were unlucky and move on.

FifeHibs
One of the better players tonight.

Maybe bit a bit harsh but seems to run aimlessly or crosses in to the box when no one is in it.

HibeeHibernian4
05-12-2018, 10:50 PM
You are an absolute disgrace.

How many leagues would Hibs have to fall down before you saw that Lennon could do wrong? 4? 6? 9?

silverhibee
05-12-2018, 10:51 PM

And Boyle I would think, also add in Kamberi.

stoneyburn hibs
05-12-2018, 10:53 PM
There’s further quotes from Parker on Edinburgh Live / Ross Pilcher’s Twitter. Singles out Kamberi.

Personally don’t think it’s helpful, especially when we have the assistant manager, typically the “good cop” who is closer to the players slating them. Also that’s about 3 games from 4 now where Parker has basically said the players are to blame, they’re not turning up, not following instructions. There comes a time when that is the fault of the management team.

Have to agree, it's not helpful publicly slating the players.
Also a wee bit worried that he/them have went down this road.

Jones28
05-12-2018, 10:54 PM
It's not 'patter', it is my sincere opinion. And it has nothing do with the man personally, I've met him and he seems a decent person. Hiding away behind your assistant game after game in a winless run of seven? That's footballing cowardice. Simple.

Calling someone a coward when you know jack **** about what's going on behind the scenes is irresponsible at best. The only cowardice I saw tonight was on the pitch from some players. Maybe you should clarify your "coward" statement by adding some context after it? If you really mean what you say that is and you aren't just covering yourself.

J-C
05-12-2018, 10:55 PM
Certain players look like they're not turning up, dare I say it looks like Lennon may have lost the dressing room a bit, we were talking about this at half time, something definitely not right behind the scenes.

Can anyone explain how Horgan got MOM, surely Porteous was a standout for that?

dmc1875
05-12-2018, 10:55 PM
And Boyle I would think, also add in Kamberi.

Boyle had a decent run today, had an Amadou konte -esque moment where he ducked for a free header six yards out and that was about i it.

He has been woeful for weeks along with a fair few others so he will definitely be one being talked about by the management team. When he’s not on it Hibs aren’t as one of our main threats is gone

hibbysam
05-12-2018, 10:57 PM

Although the players had a big part, he did blame themselves for the shambles at the weekend by saying the went big and strong and lost an early goal, meaning they had to change set up and that started to work a little.

dmc1875
05-12-2018, 10:57 PM
Certain players look like they're not turning up, dare I say it looks like Lennon may have lost the dressing room a bit, we were talking about this at half time, something definitely not right behind the scenes.

Can anyone explain how Horgan got MOM, surely Porteous was a standout for that?

Porteous wasn’t great either - very jeckyl and Hyde performance and some of his passing was atrocious and could have led to many problems.

Whole team was rubbish - Horgan flatters to deceive and isn’t a winger so don’t see how he fits in to the team.

One Day Soon
05-12-2018, 10:59 PM
How many leagues would Hibs have to fall down before you saw that Lennon could do wrong? 4? 6? 9?

Actually on reflection you are both a disgrace and a coward.

HibeeHibernian4
05-12-2018, 11:00 PM
Actually on reflection you are both a disgrace and a coward.

12? 15? 17?

Radium
05-12-2018, 11:04 PM
https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1070452789841666048?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
05-12-2018, 11:10 PM
I thought Boyle did OK.

Kamberi on the other hand......

Efe's gone from being the one I'd drop in August to being head and shoulders over all the other players.

Jim44
05-12-2018, 11:11 PM
Sounds like Lennon and Parker, while maybe not losing the dressing room completely, have major problems with some of the players. Tough times ahead and, unfortunately, at present, I don’t think the players have the balls or the will to get us out of the rut.

One Day Soon
05-12-2018, 11:11 PM
12? 15? 17?

And a deluded last word freak. On you go...

CMac1988
05-12-2018, 11:12 PM
If Lennon can't handle the pressure of his media duties for one reason or another then it's a little worrisome. However I'm happy to allow him to get on with the 'football side of things' if it somewhat has a positive effect on performances.

As for Gary Parker's interview you can tell he's frustrated, but it's ultimately up to the management team to turn that around. If players aren't performing then drop them. Kamberi and Boyle haven't been at the races for weeks. Where's Lewis Allan? Surely worth some more game time. Fraser Murray and Sean Mackie? Gets these lads involved.

HibeeHibernian4
05-12-2018, 11:14 PM
And a deluded last word freak. On you go...

No need to get nasty, is there? :)

I'm sure "Lenny" will come good, the only thing he's got going against him is that he's never turned it around once from a position like this in football management. Sure we'll be fine though.

Jones28
05-12-2018, 11:15 PM
Sounds like Lennon and Parker, while maybe not losing the dressing room completely, have major problems with some of the players. Tough times ahead and, unfortunately, at present, I don’t think the players have the balls or the will to get us out of the rut.

Maybe Lennons coaching style is catching up with him here? He's very much a manager and not a pal to the players in the way Stubbs was but is there a fine line he isn't getting? I can't imagine relatively young guys like Kamberi and Mallan would respond well to the hairdryer style of management?

One Day Soon
05-12-2018, 11:26 PM
Maybe Lennons coaching style is catching up with him here? He's very much a manager and not a pal to the players in the way Stubbs was but is there a fine line he isn't getting? I can't imagine relatively young guys like Kamberi and Mallan would respond well to the hairdryer style of management?

Could be, but there are a LOT of players phoning in performances way below their capacity. Or playing inconsistently. To me a lot of them look low on energy, which could just be lack of confidence sapping them. But they seem slower than the opposition, less focused. We're not pressing enough when we don't have possession and we're always wanting too many touches instead of playing it forward crisply on the ground. We've also got forwards standing watching midfielders with the ball instead of offering themselves into space or making runs.

It's weird and bewildering.

Jones28
05-12-2018, 11:32 PM
Could be, but there are a LOT of players phoning in performances way below their capacity. Or playing inconsistently. To me a lot of them look low on energy, which could just be lack of confidence sapping them. But they seem slower than the opposition, less focused. We're not pressing enough when we don't have possession and we're always wanting too many touches instead of playing it forward crisply on the ground. We've also got forwards standing watching midfielders with the ball instead of offering themselves into space or making runs.

It's weird and bewildering.

Yepp, agree totally. Since the derby something has not been right.

We had one passage of play where we zipped the ball among the feet between all the forward players looked really sharp, then the rest was just so lacking in any energy or drive.

madhatter
05-12-2018, 11:32 PM
Parker was right to single out wingers and Kamberi. When we went 2-2, did anyone else notice how narrow we became when attacking? Horgan drifted inwards and Boyle kept doing the same. Boyle and Kamberi should be dropped for Lewis Allan and Murray. Horgan shouldn’t even be on the bench on current form, he doesn’t look a great player.

They had 11 men behind the ball for most of that game and our wingers kept drifting inwards, that is just stupid and I doubt they were told to do that.

Pretty Boy
05-12-2018, 11:37 PM
The manager should be doing media duties at a tough time. Talking to the press and in turn to the fans is part of 'football duties'. On a run like this the support need someone or something to rally behind and the manager putting up a wall of silence is anything but helpful. If nothing else it gives a foundation for idle speculation to build.

wookie70
05-12-2018, 11:41 PM
I thought Boyle did OK.

Kamberi on the other hand......

Efe's gone from being the one I'd drop in August to being head and shoulders over all the other players.

Efe has been superb in the last few games. He has been a got bit more than head and shoulders above some of them imo and has kept his confidence and composure.

The Green Goblin
05-12-2018, 11:44 PM

The other issue is that if they drop those three or four underperforming players, who takes their place? Maybe they know their place isn’t under threat...?

Centre Hawf
06-12-2018, 12:03 AM
Once I can forgive as Lennon can be quite hot headed and maybe feels its best he doesn't speak incase he lands himself in bother. But there's a trend developing now when things don't quite go our way like it is now that he goes missing. Some folk might not want to criticise him for it but I think it's poor from Neil.

California-Hibs
06-12-2018, 03:30 AM

Coward.

Go and just close your .net account pal. Cheers

cabbageandribs1875
06-12-2018, 04:19 AM

Coward.

neil lennon, a coward ? :bitchy:

JimBHibees
06-12-2018, 06:19 AM
The manager should be doing media duties at a tough time. Talking to the press and in turn to the fans is part of 'football duties'. On a run like this the support need someone or something to rally behind and the manager putting up a wall of silence is anything but helpful. If nothing else it gives a foundation for idle speculation to build.

Absolutely spot on he needs to be indicating to the support what he is going to do about it and then focus on the next game. Feel a wee bit that Parker has been hung out to dry.

bingo70
06-12-2018, 06:30 AM
neil lennon, a coward ? :bitchy:

Coward is definitely not the right word to use and I wish the poster hadn’t used that word as it’s detracting from the point.

Neil Lennon though isn’t showing the characteristics and attributes of a leader. The players need leadership when going through a bad spell, instead they’ve got a manager going into hiding and the assistant chucking them under a bus.

Tyler Durden
06-12-2018, 06:47 AM
Parker was right to single out wingers and Kamberi. When we went 2-2, did anyone else notice how narrow we became when attacking? Horgan drifted inwards and Boyle kept doing the same. Boyle and Kamberi should be dropped for Lewis Allan and Murray. Horgan shouldn’t even be on the bench on current form, he doesn’t look a great player.

They had 11 men behind the ball for most of that game and our wingers kept drifting inwards, that is just stupid and I doubt they were told to do that.

That is Lennon’s tactics and constant need to change during a game. When he subbed Kamberi he moved it to a diamond with Horgan brought off the wing. We basically got lucky that Boyle was over on the wing for the first goal.

Then when McLaren came on he had Boyle playing as a 10 behind 2 forwards.

I think the diamond actually worked better to get Slivka and Mallan in the game but our biggest threat consistently is Boyle being on that right wing. Lennon needs to keep him out there and find a way to feed him high up the park.

Brizo
06-12-2018, 07:15 AM

Coward.

I usually agree with most of your posts but "coward" is just bang out of order

And I take it if you met him again you'd call him a coward to his face ?

Greenworld
06-12-2018, 07:31 AM

Can anyone explain how Horgan got MOM, surely Porteous was a standout for that?Perhaps the calling players rejects from other clubs has not quite gone down well with the players.
I know it was probably intended as a kick up the arse I'll show you type comment but not great.
No hanlon no mcgregor no gray no midfield when you think about it is it any wonder were struggling.
Whatever is going on needs sorted and fast it cannot be allowed to continue one game longer.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

staunchhibby
06-12-2018, 07:31 AM
Think it is ott calling Lennon a coward.Is there any strong evidence to back this up.

MrRobot
06-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Lewis and Ryan hardly had decent games, both made mistakes and showed a lack of confidence, slack passes and poor positioning.

I thought Lewis played OK last night, except that backpass in the dying minutes.

The amount of times Lewis is in acres of space and somebody will play the ball behind him is so incredibly frustrating.

I'm Spartacus
06-12-2018, 12:41 PM

Coward.

Terrible comment IMO.

pacoluna
06-12-2018, 12:43 PM
Think it is ott calling Lennon a coward.Is there any strong evidence to back this up.

The irony being calling someone a coward anonymously online is pretty cowardly.

B.H.F.C
06-12-2018, 01:51 PM
Coward is definitely not the right word to use and I wish the poster hadn’t used that word as it’s detracting from the point.

Neil Lennon though isn’t showing the characteristics and attributes of a leader. The players need leadership when going through a bad spell, instead they’ve got a manager going into hiding and the assistant chucking them under a bus.

That sums it up pretty well.

As well as having a negative effect on his players it’s having a negative effect on our support. A support that have been almost entirely behind him in his two and a half years .

jacomo
06-12-2018, 01:54 PM

This I agree with.

Dealing with the media and representing the team is a core part of being a manager. At the moment Lenny isn’t fulfilling his duties as he should.

I am not throwing around any blame or indulging in wild speculation, but something is clearly wrong at the present time.

G B Young
06-12-2018, 04:58 PM
This I agree with.

Dealing with the media and representing the team is a core part of being a manager. At the moment Lenny isn’t fulfilling his duties as he should.

I am not throwing around any blame or indulging in wild speculation, but something is clearly wrong at the present time.

I wonder if these quotes from Parker are alluding to Lennon's health:

“It’s just how Neil is at the moment - he’s dealing with what he needs to deal with.
“When he is ready to speak, he’ll speak.”

Hi Heid Yin
06-12-2018, 09:43 PM
The irony being calling someone a coward anonymously online is pretty cowardly.

:top marksSpot on!