calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 09:45 PM
Best manager ever though.

houstonhibbee
05-12-2018, 09:46 PM
We've been here before..

Two draws against the bottom two isn't good news

Time for change

Great post. Make some positive suggestions rather than just slagging everyone off . Anyone can do that.

houstonhibbee
05-12-2018, 09:47 PM

couldn't wait could you

cleanyman
05-12-2018, 09:47 PM
Great post. Make some positive suggestions rather than just slagging everyone off . Anyone can do that.

Have you been to any games the past 2 months ?

houstonhibbee
05-12-2018, 09:51 PM
Have you been to any games the past 2 months ?

What is your carefully considered solution to the problem that can be intelligently discussed or have you not thought it through that far yet

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 09:51 PM
couldn't wait could you

We are ****ing atrocious mate. Buck stops with the manager.

DetroitHibs
05-12-2018, 09:52 PM
Time for change with the board, owners and everyone behind the scenes. Yes we've been here before, different coaches, managers and players. Still the same garbage upstairs running it.

Chip shop Joe
05-12-2018, 09:52 PM
Why are people always being told to be positive?

There are not very many positives about our team at the moment and our manager is a big part of that I am afraid.

FitbaFolkKen
05-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Time for change with the board, owners and everyone behind the scenes. Yes we've been here before, different coaches, managers and players. Still the same garbage upstairs running it.

Oh aye, the last few years have been terrible. This place is a disgrace at times.

houstonhibbee
05-12-2018, 09:58 PM

There are not very many positives about our team at the moment and our manager is a big part of that I am afraid.

Constructive

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 09:58 PM

Exactly.

Diclonius
05-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Lennon's not being sacked. Resign, maybe. But he isn't going to leave unless it's on his terms.

Hi Heid Yin
05-12-2018, 10:01 PM

The thing is that he has been judged (certainly by me) on his last 2 seasons - Champions (and promotion) and 4th in the SPL.
I saw enough in him in both campaigns to know what a gem of a manager we have - certainly the best I have witnessed since Eddie Turnbull.

To be fair to him, this season is far, far from finished with less than half our games played and with the January window to come - and we saw what he did in the last window and how it impacted ( for the good) our run in to the end of the season.

So, with this in mind, none of us know where Neil Lennon (assuming he stays) will have taken us come the seasons end.

Hypothetically we could still end up in the top 4 and win The Scottish Cup - as ridiculous as this might seem as we go through this slump.

DetroitHibs
05-12-2018, 10:09 PM
Oh aye, the last few years have been terrible. This place is a disgrace at times.

Take out the cup win and a decent season last year, your left with complete dross. My opinion is I'd rather it changed up top and not keep hiring and firing managers.

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 10:11 PM
The thing is that he has been judged (certainly by me) on his last 2 seasons - Champions (and promotion) and 4th in the SPL.
I saw enough in him in both campaigns to know what a gem of a manager we have - certainly the best I have witnessed since Eddie Turnbull.

To be fair to him, this season is far, far from finished with less than half our games played and with the January window to come - and we saw what he did in the last window and how it impacted ( for the good) our run in to the end of the season.

So, with this in mind, none of us know where Neil Lennon (assuming he stays) will have taken us come the seasons end.

Hypothetically we could still end up in the top 4 and win The Scottish Cup - as ridiculous as this might seem as we go through this slump.

Of course we don’t know where he’ll take us. We could still mathematically win the league. An educated guess based on his poor signings and the state of the team now that a lot of AS players have gone though would suggest it’s not going to be somewhere positive.

MWHIBBIES

What have the board done wrong exactly?

SquashedFrogg

It's called perspective. Think where were under butcher. Think where we were before that. And before that.

MWHIBBIES
05-12-2018, 10:12 PM
Take out the cup win and a decent season last year, your left with complete dross. My opinion is I'd rather it changed up top and not keep hiring and firing managers.

Just take out the cup win easy as that.

Weegreenman
Can we get back to talking about filling in the corners ffs? :cb An attempt at light hearted humour always go’s down a storm in these situations :greengrin

Jackh

Watch out. That comment will have you labelled as a “yam fud” less than 37282827637 posts a week. Automatic “puddle drinker”

Humber Hibby
How can you take out a cup winners and a decent season????

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 10:13 PM
It's called perspective. Think where were under butcher. Think where we were before that. And before that.

Where we were under Butcher should absolutely not be used a yard stick to measure success.

SquashedFrogg
05-12-2018, 10:14 PM
Of course we don’t know where he’ll take us. We could still mathematically win the league. An educated guess based on his poor signings and the state of the team now that a lot of AS players have gone though would suggest it’s not going to be somewhere positive.

So now you 'don't know' and are taking 'educated guesses'? 🤣😂 Mate, you have just made my night. Brilliant stuff.

flash

Take out the Cup win? FFS.

SaulGoodman
How can you take out a cup winners and a decent season????

Basically if you ignore the bits where we’re good we’re pretty ****.

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2018, 10:15 PM
Languishing in the bottom half of the table with 3 points from our last 7 games, unable to buy a win. That’s exactly where we were under Butcher.

SquashedFrogg
05-12-2018, 10:15 PM
Where we were under Butcher should absolutely not be used a yard stick to measure success.

Ok then, what do you benchmark against?

DetroitHibs
05-12-2018, 10:17 PM
With all you that are happy with the board that's fine. I'm not and I find them incapable of making good decisions. I don't think they invest enough money in the playing side of things and that shows as we see teams like Aberdeen and Hearts outspend us on a regular basis. In the last ten years they have appointed 7 managers. That equates to about a year and a half each. That tells me they are inept at finding the right people to run the club.

SquashedFrogg
05-12-2018, 10:18 PM
Languishing in the bottom half of the table with 3 points from our last 7 games, unable to buy a win. That’s exactly where we were under Butcher.

Comparing Butcher to Lennon... I can't beat that. I'll leave .net for the evening safe in the knowledge there's going to be a few soaked mattresses in the morning.

calumhibee1
Ok then, what do you benchmark against?

The fact we have the fifth biggest budget in the league (by a mile) yet we’re 8th and sinking like a stone? Why on earth would you look at the season we were relegated and decide everything’s fine cause we’re (currently) in a better position than that? Is that really your ambition for Hibs, as long as we survive relegation we should be happy?

Aim Here

I agree. If you discount all those times we've been good, we've been *****.

SlickShoes
05-12-2018, 10:19 PM
The current situation is more like where we were with Fenlon, and we know what happened when we bumped him and got butcher in, we just got worse and worse.

I am annoyed but Lennon still deserves the time to turn it around, a win on Saturday is a must.

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 10:20 PM
The current situation is more like where we were with Fenlon, and we know what happened when we bumped him and got butcher in, we just got worse and worse.

I am annoyed but Lennon still deserves the time to turn it around, a win on Saturday is a must.

A win tonight was a must. Even Parker said it in his interview.

The Green Goblin
05-12-2018, 10:20 PM
Watch out. That comment will have you labelled as a “yam fud” less than 37282827637 posts a week. Automatic “puddle drinker”

ltyf

FitbaFolkKen
05-12-2018, 10:22 PM

We haven’t fired anyone since Butcher and we are in a slightly different place now than then. The last two appointments have been excellent.

Our “decent” season last season was the highest points total we’ve ever achieved so if that’s your standard you’ll never be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbydog
05-12-2018, 10:22 PM

Terrible post.

By that logic if we take out the draws and defeats we’re an amazing team

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2018, 10:23 PM
Comparing Butcher to Lennon... I can't beat that. I'll leave .net for the evening safe in the knowledge there's going to be a few soaked mattresses in the morning.
Instead of being a smart arse, why not try and counter someone’s argument for once?

Making snidey comments and hiding behind insults and cliches doesn’t make my point any less true I’m afraid.

Keith_M
05-12-2018, 10:24 PM

We've been saying that for quite a few games now.

FitbaFolkKen
05-12-2018, 10:24 PM
With all you that are happy with the board that's fine. I'm not and I find them incapable of making good decisions. I don't think they invest enough money in the playing side of things and that shows as we see teams like Aberdeen and Hearts outspend us on a regular basis. In the last ten years they have appointed 7 managers. That equates to about a year and a half each. That tells me they are inept at finding the right people to run the club.

We see teams with higher turnover outspend us????? Crazy!

Since we appointed Leanne we’ve appointed two, that would suggest rather than being inept they have solved the problem of the previous 5 years.

DetroitHibs
05-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Honestly some of you lot that worship the board are blind. I'm not basing my opinion to get rid of the board on recent results. The facts are we are a bottom six club under there leadership. We have been relegated twice and spend three ****ing years languished in the first division. Not disputing there have been good times. Cups and a couple of good league positions, but as a whole they have been murder.

hibbydog
05-12-2018, 10:26 PM
There is a credible case for getting rid of Lennon because we’re on an alarming slide, and his comments recently have been pretty disheartening to hear.

But there’s also evidence to suggest that changing the manager mid season doesn’t necessarily work and it’s an expensive risk. Overall, our record of appointing managers isn’t great.

Players are underperforming and need to do the business.

Hi Heid Yin
05-12-2018, 10:27 PM

The present team is performing as a middle of the table team.
That in itself is disappointing at this stage, but thinking back to our last 2 (eventually glorious) campaigns and I seem to recall we had disappointing pre-xmas results in both - followed by more impressive 2nd halves to each season.
So, are we witnessing a 3rd campaign led by Neil Lennon where we are failing to hit the heights pre-xmas but can look forward to a dramatic change in fortunes post January?

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2018, 10:29 PM

A win on Saturday isn’t a must.

If we don’t win on Saturday we’ll still be getting told that it’s only 8 games, it’s his first bad run, that he’s the best manager in 40 years, that we’re bedwetters, that we’re only X points off 4th and all the rest of the stuff that’s been repeated over the last 7 games. Nothing will change even if we don’t win.

SlickShoes
05-12-2018, 10:31 PM
A win tonight was a must. Even Parker said it in his interview.

It was but the game is over now, Saturday is huge, if we lose then I think it could be the beginning of the end for Lennon but if we win we get something to build on at least.

bingo70
05-12-2018, 10:33 PM
It was but the game is over now, Saturday is huge, if we lose then I think it could be the beginning of the end for Lennon but if we win we get something to build on at least.

The beginning of the end is already well and truly underway.

A win at the weekend would be great but with the run of fixtures we have coming up I’m not sure we’ll be building on anything.

It’s maybe also worth considering we are unlikely to win at the weekend as we’re continually told we can’t play on these Astro pitches. Bet the players will be full of confidence going into that game.

Chip shop Joe
05-12-2018, 10:34 PM

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 10:35 PM

Of course now that todays over Saturday becomes a must win. But then if we don't win on Saturday we'll just say the same thing again and again until we either do eventually end up winning or we end up battling to stay away from playoffs/relegation. There has to come a time where a "must win" means must win.

Iggy Pope
05-12-2018, 10:38 PM

Is this to be one of those hourly vigils Joe?

hibbydog
05-12-2018, 10:42 PM
Honestly some of you lot that worship the board are blind. I'm not basing my opinion to get rid of the board on recent results. The facts are we are a bottom six club under there leadership. We have been relegated twice and spend three ****ing years languished in the first division. Not disputing there have been good times. Cups and a couple of good league positions, but as a whole they have been murder.

Got a pickle up your arse tonight sir?

The_Horde
05-12-2018, 10:42 PM
We've been here before..

Time for change

St Mirren just beat hearts and have drawn with Celtic too this season. It's not quite as easy as that.

The_Horde
05-12-2018, 10:44 PM
A win on Saturday isn’t a must.

If we don’t win on Saturday we’ll still be getting told that it’s only 8 games, it’s his first bad run, that he’s the best manager in 40 years, that we’re bedwetters, that we’re only X points off 4th and all the rest of the stuff that’s been repeated over the last 7 games. Nothing will change even if we don’t win.

Because sacking managers at the first sign of a bad run contributed to our relegation with players deciding they don't like certain managers and won't play for them.

DetroitHibs
05-12-2018, 10:44 PM
Got a pickle up your arse tonight sir?

Na, you want one in your mouth :cb

hibbydog
05-12-2018, 10:45 PM
Na, you want one in your mouth :cb

Feel like I already have after that sh!!!te performance

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-12-2018, 10:48 PM
I think he deserves more time, but the writing is on the wall and Dempster isnt doing her job if she isnt making plans. Hopefully she can shred them in a month or two.

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2018, 10:48 PM
Because sacking managers at the first sign of a bad run contributed to our relegation with players deciding they don't like certain managers and won't play for them.
No, hiring a crap replacement was the problem.

For every Fenlon/Butcher scenario there’s a McCulloch/Clarke one.

DetroitHibs
05-12-2018, 10:49 PM
Feel like I already have after that sh!!!te performance

Hahaha fair play :aok:

Hi Heid Yin
05-12-2018, 10:51 PM
I think he deserves more time, but the writing is on the wall and Dempster isnt doing her job if she isnt making plans. Hopefully she can shred them in a month or two.

The only plans Leeann will be making are to ensure that Neil Lennon is given significant funds to splash in the January window.

She is on his side and has no intention of sacking him.

CropleyWasGod
05-12-2018, 10:52 PM
Honestly some of you lot that worship the board are blind. I'm not basing my opinion to get rid of the board on recent results. The facts are we are a bottom six club under there leadership. We have been relegated twice and spend three ****ing years languished in the first division. Not disputing there have been good times. Cups and a couple of good league positions, but as a whole they have been murder.I'll ask you again, since you probably didn't see it the first time.

Who was on the Board in 98 when we were relegated?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 10:53 PM
No, hiring a crap replacement was the problem.

For every Fenlon/Butcher scenario there’s a McCulloch/Clarke one.

:agree:

Seems to be a sure thing that if we sack Lennon we're getting a Butcher-esque appointment apparently.

Heisenberg
05-12-2018, 10:54 PM
The only plans Leeann will be making are to ensure that Neil Lennon is given significant funds to splash in the January window.

How do you know that? If she’s not having serious concerns about him just now i’ll be amazed.

SideBurns
05-12-2018, 10:55 PM
Even Turnbull lost his job eventually, and he went from managing one of the best ever Hibs teams who were winning trophies and challenging at the top of the league, to a sad, pitiful relegation within a decade. I still think Lennon deserves time, but that goes against my instinct that he won't pull this around. There has to be a breaking point, and failure to beat Hamilton would surely bring us much closer to that. I'm running out of excuses.

05-12-2018, 11:08 PM
Struggling against teams like Dundee, St Mirren etc. Sadly, yes, it is reminiscent of the pre-relegation era. I know it's not quite as bad at that yet but I just hope we aren't falling back into old ways, especially after how far we've come in the last 4 years.

I still trust in Lennon and still think he's the right man for the job but atm players are underperfoming and it's unclear why. I don't know why Lennon is avoiding the media but right now I feel he needs to come out and let the fans know why there has been such a massive dip in performance of late.

DetroitHibs
05-12-2018, 11:18 PM
I'll ask you again, since you probably didn't see it the first time.

Pretty sure Farmer has been in charge since the very early 90's. Not sure about Petrie.

Stuart93
05-12-2018, 11:20 PM

Cant see it

Scotty Leither
05-12-2018, 11:24 PM
I'll ask you again, since you probably didn't see it the first time.

Maybe I can help? Petrie was MD in 1997.

we are hibs
05-12-2018, 11:25 PM

Congrats on the most irrelevant post of the night. Is that going to be the excuse everytime we hit a bad run? "Aye but remember butcher, fenlon, calderwood" ect. It's completely irrelevant what happened 4 years to the here and now. We had a vibrant young talented team when Lennon arrived left by the previous manager; Lennon used it well then when they moved on he's replaced them with under par dross.

The 90+2
05-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Lennon is done at Hibs. When he leaves us it will be everyone and everything’s fault bar him too: you’ll get some support sticking up for him trying to save face about bigotry hearts matches etc.

Fact is, and it’s an actual fact as much as I know to be true is he has lost the dressing room.

The 90+2
05-12-2018, 11:29 PM
Cant see it

There’s no chance. He will quit, like Collins because a decent MD won’t back him further with money to ***** on players to play with no plan at all.

calumhibee1
Congrats on the most irrelevant post of the night. Is that going to be the excuse everytime we hit a bad run? "Aye but remember butcher, fenlon, calderwood" ect. It's completely irrelevant what happened 4 years to the here and now. We had a vibrant young talented team when Lennon arrived left by the previous manager; Lennon used it well then when they moved on he's replaced them with under par dross.

:agree:

It's been trotted out a few times recently to justify where we are now as if we should be grateful to be avoiding relegation. :confused:

Jones28
Lennon is done at Hibs. When he leaves us it will be everyone and everything’s fault bar him too: you’ll get some support sticking up for him trying to save face about bigotry hearts matches etc.

Fact is, and it’s an actual fact as much as I know to be true is he has lost the dressing room.

How dyou ken that?

The 90+2
05-12-2018, 11:31 PM
How dyou ken that?

I don’t, I’m making it up. I’ll save the posters who can see no wrong posting it 👍 he’s lost his senior players.

Hiber-nation
05-12-2018, 11:33 PM
I don’t, I’m making it up. I’ll save the posters who can see no wrong posting it 👍 he’s lost his senior players.

Why???? This place drives me nuts sometimes and your post is a classic example.

Jones28
05-12-2018, 11:36 PM

...eh?

matty_f
05-12-2018, 11:40 PM
Tonight was shocking, players playing like strangers and no discernable game plan. We had no central midfield until Slivka came on and the defence still looked all over the place at times.

The buck stops with Lennon, I don't blame the board - they backed him and for whatever reason it's not working at the moment.

There doesn't look to be a method to team selection it tactics out formations, we haven't started close to the same starting shebeen in consecutive games for who knows how long, and it shows.

There were no causes for optimism watching that. We didn't look like a team that was comfortably better than St Mirren at any point, and for much of the game against Dundee and all of the game against Killie we looked second best.

I think Lennon is a good manager, but he's struggling at the moment. I'd like to see the board stand by him, and I think they will, but he needs to find a solution to this slide very quickly.

It's worrying that even after a players' meeting to sort things out that we can be so much of a shambles.

Hi Heid Yin
05-12-2018, 11:43 PM

So do we assume that you have been told this directly to your face by a player/more than one player in confidence?

One Day Soon
05-12-2018, 11:49 PM
So do we assume that you have been told this directly to your face by a player/more than one player in confidence?

:faf:

Hiber-nation
05-12-2018, 11:49 PM

He's already said he made it up. I despair.

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 11:51 PM
He's already said he made it up. I despair.

I think he was being sarcastic..

And now that I've posted this I'm desperately hoping you weren't being sarcastic aswell. :greengrin

Scotty Leither
05-12-2018, 11:57 PM
Tonight was shocking, players playing like strangers and no discernable game plan. We had no central midfield until Slivka came on and the defence still looked all over the place at times.

The buck stops with Lennon, I don't blame the board - they backed him and for whatever reason it's not working at the moment.

There doesn't look to be a method to team selection it tactics out formations, we haven't started close to the same starting shebeen in consecutive games for who knows how long, and it shows.

There were no causes for optimism watching that. We didn't look like a team that was comfortably better than St Mirren at any point, and for much of the game against Dundee and all of the game against Killie we looked second best.

I think Lennon is a good manager, but he's struggling at the moment. I'd like to see the board stand by him, and I think they will, but he needs to find a solution to this slide very quickly.

It's worrying that even after a players' meeting to sort things out that we can be so much of a shambles.

How exactly have the Board backed him?

We have zero back-up up front if Kamberi is either injured or out of form; there's no pace in the middle of the park, we've no recognised playmaker or match winner, and we've got a squad choc-full of loan players and short-term signings.

His formations are a cause for discussion, sure, but I think they're an indicator of the dross he's been given to work with, and it's "backing" like that from our unaccountable Board that'll see us in a relegation battle unless we've got three first -team starters lined up in the January window.

Greenbeard
05-12-2018, 11:58 PM
I don't attach any blame for tonight at Lennon's door. Selection and set-up should have worked. Let down by too many under-performing and ineffective players.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 12:11 AM
I don't attach any blame for tonight at Lennon's door. Selection and set-up should have worked. Let down by too many under-performing and ineffective players.

Selection and set up it probably wasn't a million miles off what we all wanted. However, things like the second goal and the way we set up to defend set pieces are a coaching/management issue. I'm sure we conceded one like that the other week yet we don't look to have learned our lesson.

matty_f
06-12-2018, 12:14 AM

We have zero back-up up front if Kamberi is either injured or out of form; there's no pace in the middle of the park, we've no recognised playmaker or match winner, and we've got a squad choc-full of loan players and short-term signings.

His formations are a cause for discussion, sure, but I think they're an indicator of the dross he's been given to work with, and it's "backing" like that from our unaccountable Board that'll see us in a relegation battle unless we've got three first -team starters lined up in the January window.

We've had this conversation before, I don't see much point in repeating it.

The Green Goblin
06-12-2018, 12:21 AM
I know I’ll probably get shot down for this, but imo this current situation is the chickens coming home to roost from the inadequate squad building of the summer transfer window in the wake of losing McGeoch, Allan and McGinn. There was a discussion on here about that being the feeling at the time, that the squad was thin, and I personally think our current situation stems from this. Also, announcements like the one that we are spending £1M on an indoor pitch (if that’s incorrect somebody pls let me know and I’ll delete, but afaik it is true) leave me a bit cold tbh when the first team is like it is. But maybe that’s just me.

Pretty Boy
06-12-2018, 12:23 AM
A month or 2 ago I'd have been gutted if there was even talk of Lennon going. Now I'm not so sure I would be. Something is very, very wrong at Hibs.

cleanyman
06-12-2018, 05:44 AM
Lennon has been a good manager for Hibs but it's just not happening this season

We can forget about 13 k season ticket holders if this continues

Time for change

JimBHibees
06-12-2018, 06:36 AM

Thought it was worse than the Dundee game as simply Dundee are better. St Mirren lost recently to Hamilton and personally think they are very average. Scored a wonder goal and a pathetically defended free kick but offered zero else. Our side to side then back to the other side was torture to watch with little pace and passing wasnt crisp enough and slow. Strikers didnt show enough and when they did couldnt hold the ball. Something not right and the selection roulette was played again tonight with numerous changes of player and shape. Think he will walk soon.

Famous Fiver
06-12-2018, 06:40 AM
The pies were great for once.

I feel much better qualified to comment on them than I am on the technical aspects of football.

I'll leave the football analysis to the experts on here who have quite obviously never managed a football team in their life.

There isn't half some rubbish peddled on here at times.

SirDavidsNapper
06-12-2018, 06:48 AM
I can't recall any Hibs manager turning around form like this. We haven't even been unlucky we've been rank rotten. Thanks for last season Neil but that was last season. We're 7 games without a win and our only 3 points combined in that run were at home to the 11th and 12th placed teams and away to a poor Hearts side. Sorry but thats woefull. Fenlon got hounded out for far, far less.

matty_f
06-12-2018, 06:51 AM

I feel much better qualified to comment on them than I am on the technical aspects of football.

I'll leave the football analysis to the experts on here who have quite obviously never managed a football team in their life.

I don't think you need to have managed a team to understand football.

I'm 41, I have 30+ years of watching football live and on TV (with actual experts giving analysis). There are posters on here with many more years experience of watching football than me.

Nobody is claiming to be an expert, we're all just fans with opinions.

hibbydog
06-12-2018, 06:56 AM

There sure is.

But, credibility of opinions aside, everyone wants what’s best for hibs. We just have different ideas on how to achieve it.

CropleyWasGod
06-12-2018, 08:03 AM
Pretty sure Farmer has been in charge since the very early 90's. Not sure about Petrie.That wasn't the question, though. You've said a few times that "this board" have overseen 2 relegations. I'm not sure that they have, and wanted you to clarify that.

we are hibs
06-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Instead of being a smart arse, why not try and counter someone’s argument for once?

Making snidey comments and hiding behind insults and cliches doesn’t make my point any less true I’m afraid.

Exactly. Constantly goes about slagging people calling them attention seekers and offers **** all in the way of an opinion. He's not the only one on here though, place is full of it.

YanYansen
06-12-2018, 09:11 AM

“The dross he’s been GIVEN to work with”? He ****in signed them, mate.

See Steve Clarke moaning about having ***** to work with? I guarantee you, he’d get wins out of our personnel. The same squad was flying at one point. But it’s now utterly shorn of belief, and no one looks like they want to be there.

But that’s the fault of the board? I’m certainly no board fanboy, but it’s a pretty bizarre assertion, given what is staring us all in the face.

SquashedFrogg
06-12-2018, 09:54 AM

I was merely pointing out that IMO, over a considerable period of time, we are are in a much better place than we were then. If you make a judgement on someones ability there has to be a benchmark somewhere.

As for this vibrant, young talented team, you do realise many of them chose to leave? Many weren't young and vibrant.

How do we replace McGinn, McGeough, Allan who all left in the summer?

I also think this nonsense about Lennon inheriting a great team is misguided.

Last season we finished strongly with 5 of Lennons signings as regulars. I'd also suggest he got much more out of Boyle and McGeough than Stubbs.

Still, I'm glad such an irrelevant post got a worthy reply. For that I am grateful.

Scotty Leither
06-12-2018, 11:52 AM
“The dross he’s been GIVEN to work with”? He ****in signed them, mate.

See Steve Clarke moaning about having ***** to work with? I guarantee you, he’d get wins out of our personnel. The same squad was flying at one point. But it’s now utterly shorn of belief, and no one looks like they want to be there.

But that’s the fault of the board? I’m certainly no board fanboy, but it’s a pretty bizarre assertion, given what is staring us all in the face.

...and I'm no Lennon fanboy either - his line-up at Kilmarnock in the first half was beyond comprehension, but we've been here countless times before with the bean-counters and their parsimony when it comes to buying and selling players.

We're told by the Board apologists on here that variously, we "can't compete with Celtic or Rangers". Either that or we don't contribute enough to HSL, so eh, we better get used to not being able to compete with that mob over the road, or indeed with Aberdeen.

The other excuse trotted out by the Board if we raise the value point of the likes of Kilmarnock or St Johnstone outperforming us is "they've not got the infrastructure costs we've got"...so what exactly is the Board's measure of success then, what/who have we got to compare with?

I'm all ears...

matty_f
06-12-2018, 11:59 AM
...and I'm no Lennon fanboy either - his line-up at Kilmarnock in the first half was beyond comprehension, but we've been here countless times before with the bean-counters and their parsimony when it comes to buying and selling players.

We're told by the Board apologists on here that variously, we "can't compete with Celtic or Rangers". Either that or we don't contribute enough to HSL, so eh, we better get used to not being able to compete with that mob over the road, or indeed with Aberdeen.

The other excuse trotted out by the Board if we raise the value point of the likes of Kilmarnock or St Johnstone outperforming us is "they've not got the infrastructure costs we've got"...so what exactly is the Board's measure of success then, what/who have we got to compare with?

I'm all ears...

You don't do yourself any favours labelling people "board apologists", do you not think they might just not agree with you on the points you make?

I don't care about the board, if I think they are supporting the manager and doing what's right for the club, then Mickey Mouse could sit in a director's chair and I wouldn't care.

I suspect most folk are the same. Whether it's Petrie or Dempster or whoever, if I think there acting in the best interests of the club then I'll say so

When we were relegated I thought (and said) that Petrie should go.

WestStandWillie
06-12-2018, 12:11 PM
Lost 3 quality players hungry to succeed and replaced them with mediocrity.

Mallan's can strike a ball (it's very evident) but he's got precious little else in his locker.

Kamberi looks half the player he was last season, McLaren is never away from the treatment table (I ken the sports therapist who's been working with him and he says Jamie's back has been in bits since February)

Hyndman, Agyepong - loves an injury, dinnae renew their loans.

Horgan - should be rinsing the league but only seeing glimmers of what he's capable off. Not good enough.

As for Lennon, he looks a broken man in the dug out. He's lost his animation, stopped doing press conferences and generally doesn't look interested. He keeps making threats to leave, I'm reaching the stage where I wouldn't care if we called his bluff.

Keith_M
06-12-2018, 12:22 PM
Never mind not having 13k Season Ticket holders next season, people seem to have started voting with their feet already.

I know the attendance was announced as 15k but I'd be surprised if there was even 10k actually at that game last night.

HappyAsHellas
06-12-2018, 12:34 PM
If we beat Hamilton 6 - 0 again on Saturday, all of this will seem like a long forgotten bad dream.

Fuzzywuzzy
06-12-2018, 12:35 PM
Several threads on here now want Lennon to go. Who do folk actually want to fill the position?:dunno:

I want Lennon to stay.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 12:50 PM
Never mind not having 13k Season Ticket holders next season, people seem to have started voting with their feet already.

I know the attendance was announced as 15k but I'd be surprised if there was even 10k actually at that game last night.

The FF couldn’t have been more than a third full last night. The west probably just over half and I sit in the East so couldn’t really tell. Between the FF and South alone there was probably about 5500 empty seats. I would have said about another 2-2.5k in the west so I’d put that down to about a 12k attendance minus whatever was empty in the East?

Keith_M
06-12-2018, 12:54 PM
If we beat Hamilton 6 - 0 again on Saturday, all of this will seem like a long forgotten bad dream.

And if I manage to pull my favourite German Actress, Wolke Hegenbarth (https://www.express.de/image/29707372/4x3/1024/768/a423e177355a6e70b067a0f5ce427a37/ug/wolke-hegenbarth.jpg), this weekend, I'll stop describing myself as an 'auld duffer' and revert to the title of 'young stud'.

Sadly I don't see either happening anytime soon.

:rolleyes:

Keith_M
06-12-2018, 12:55 PM
The FF couldn’t have been more than a third full last night. The west probably just over half and I sit in the East so couldn’t really tell. Between the FF and South alone there was probably about 5500 empty seats. I would have said about another 2-2.5k in the west so I’d put that down to about a 12k attendance minus whatever was empty in the East?

I sit in the West, so have a good view of it, and I'd say the East was less than half full.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Several threads on here now want Lennon to go. Who do folk actually want to fill the position?:dunno:

I want Lennon to stay.

Clarke or Strachan would be obvious choices to me with Clarke being the absolute best case.

After that I’m sure there’s plenty coaches down in England waiting for an opportunity currently working as assistant or a coach etc at a big club. Much in the same way Clarke was for a while years ago.

Kato
06-12-2018, 01:39 PM
We've been here before..

Time for change

Coming over as entitled, tatrumy, children.

jacomo
06-12-2018, 01:49 PM
We've been here before..

Time for change

By inevitable, do you mean that sadly regular moment when a section of Hibs fans lose their minds and start booing everyone until they have their way, before embarking a grand revisionism to justify their opinion?

Seems like it’s already happened...

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 01:56 PM
By inevitable, do you mean that sadly regular moment when a section of Hibs fans lose their minds and start booing everyone until they have their way, before embarking a grand revisionism to justify their opinion?

Seems like it’s already happened...

Serious question, how do you expect people to react to what’s going on at Hibs?

matty_f
06-12-2018, 02:10 PM
Serious question, how do you expect people to react to what’s going on at Hibs?

Do you mean how does he expect people to react, or how does he think people should react? I suspect you'll see two very different answers.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Do you mean how does he expect people to react, or how does he think people should react? I suspect you'll see two very different answers.

I meant expect but I’d be interested to hear both.

SirDavidsNapper
06-12-2018, 02:18 PM

Yes it would but i don't think there's a hope in hell we're winning on Saturday never mind 6-0

One Day Soon
06-12-2018, 02:26 PM
Yes it would but i don't think there's a hope in hell we're winning on Saturday never mind 6-0

No chance we'll win 6-0. Every chance we'll win though.

lord bunberry
06-12-2018, 02:27 PM
And if I manage to pull my favourite German Actress, Wolke Hegenbarth (https://www.express.de/image/29707372/4x3/1024/768/a423e177355a6e70b067a0f5ce427a37/ug/wolke-hegenbarth.jpg), this weekend, I'll stop describing myself as an 'auld duffer' and revert to the title of 'young stud'.

Sadly I don't see either happening anytime soon.

:rolleyes:
We’ll certainly not with that attitude :greengrin

Captain Trips
06-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Im taking any backing from board out of this for just now any funds and purely looking at how we have performed thus far this season. I am indeed very dissapointed to be quite a bit off the pace just now and on how we have performed over the last 5/6 games in particular. I had rightly or mostly wrongly in peoples opinions high hopes of a real push for 2nd at the start of this term and with what Killie are doing it was indded actually realistic. To be be pretty far off of that just now is not what i had hoped and along with some IMO strange line ups and poor play from some pplayers it has seen us in the position we now find ourselves in.

Neil Lennon in his 2 full seasons has IMO done more than enough to continue on and see if we can turn this around and that goes for many of the players as well. This run has come at a time when our rivals are all playing well these things can happen at any time. if this run happened at the end of sesaon say we were 10pts clear in 2nd and we lost 4 or 5 on the bounce would people still want him out. Hibs are going to lose games and draw them he is though using up his quota early on because we need to get things going again.

For me he remains the man to get us up as high as possible and I still believe we can do so but only if every player and the manager are 100%. The teams above us will lose games we need to make sure we pick up points when they do and we can get back into this.

Captain Trips
06-12-2018, 02:34 PM
We've been here before..

Time for change

I disagree with that. yes we have been here before with managers whom had showen pretty much nothing beforhand and draws against the bottom 2 were not so surprising. So as far as Lennon goes no we have never been here before.

pacoluna
06-12-2018, 02:34 PM
Going by yesterday's game, many a time I heard us chant songs that were pro Lennon. The boos are clearly aimed at the players not the management. It's only this forum that is trying to paint the picture that a lot af fans want Lennon out when it's clearly not the case.

One Day Soon
06-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Going by yesterday's game, many a time I heard us chant songs that were pro Lennon. The boos are clearly aimed at the players not the management. It's only this forum that is trying to paint the picture that a lot af fans want Lennon ot when it's clearly not the case.

If that is the case what do you think is the explanation? An anti-Lennon agenda? Misdiagnosing the problems? Easy target?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-12-2018, 02:41 PM
Clarke wont come here if Lennon goes. Think we ****ed him about in the past IIRC.

pacoluna
06-12-2018, 02:41 PM
If that is the case what do you think is the explanation? An anti-Lennon agenda? Misdiagnosing the problems? Easy target?

Most posters who are slating him and want rid have always put the boot in at any possibility and imo have never taking to him. Others are starting to question Lennon including myself but ATM it's far to early to talk about getting rid. In simple terms most of us including the majority at games want him to turn things around and be successful, others specifically certain posters on this forum want rid regardless of the fact that it's his first sticky patch with us.

houstonhibbee
06-12-2018, 02:44 PM
But we won’t

Heisenberg
06-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Clarke wont come here if Lennon goes. Think we ****ed him about in the past IIRC.

I don’t see any reason he would come here from Killie. They are flying, it’s his boyhood club and he’s bound to get bigger and better offers elsewhere. Don’t see whatever happened in the past even coming into his thinking.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Going by yesterday's game, many a time I heard us chant songs that were pro Lennon. The boos are clearly aimed at the players not the management. It's only this forum that is trying to paint the picture that a lot af fans want Lennon out when it's clearly not the case.

I’m not going to start another poll but the last one was before last nights debacle and it was sitting at about 20%. If we use this place as a general indicator for the mood of Hibs fans then that’s around 2500-3000 ST holders roughly that wanted rid before last night. It’s obviously not a majority but it’s still a lot of fans.

Was there not booing when Kamberi was subbed aswell? If not booing there was certainly a lot of “wtf is he doing” shouts around me. They were definitely aimed at Lennon.

Rumble de Thump
06-12-2018, 03:21 PM
If Hearts weren't so utterly pish and dropping down the league like a stone there would be a lot less Hearts fans spending their time on Hibs football forums, pretending to be Hibs fans, telling us how rubbish Hibs are. Let's hope at least one of the clubs can improve their form so we don't have to endure so much garbage on here.

Stokesy's on fire
06-12-2018, 03:23 PM

but if we get beat it will be a re run of the Butcher nightmare....Bring on the accies though!! lets see what happens sat :flag:

The 90+2
06-12-2018, 03:24 PM
No chance we'll win 6-0. Every chance we'll win though.

I think we will. It’s the way it usually goes when we are ****. Smashed off Celtc and Huns after that though.

The 90+2
06-12-2018, 03:25 PM
but if we get beat it will be a re run of the Butcher nightmare....Bring on the accies though!! lets see what happens sat :flag:

We won at Hamilton under that see you next Tuesday.

The 90+2
06-12-2018, 03:26 PM
If Hearts weren't so utterly pish and dropping down the league like a stone there would be a lot less Hearts fans spending their time on Hibs football forums, pretending to be Hibs fans, telling us how rubbish Hibs are. Let's hope at least one of the clubs can improve their form so we don't have to endure so much garbage on here.

Double agent, hearts bassa 👍

pacoluna
06-12-2018, 03:39 PM
I’m not going to start another poll but the last one was before last nights debacle and it was sitting at about 20%. If we use this place as a general indicator for the mood of Hibs fans then that’s around 2500-3000 ST holders roughly that wanted rid before last night. It’s obviously not a majority but it’s still a lot of fans.

Was there not booing when Kamberi was subbed aswell? If not booing there was certainly a lot of “wtf is he doing” shouts around me. They were definitely aimed at Lennon.

20% of people voting from basically a sample of the Hibs forum can in no way be used as a general indicator of season ticket holders views regarding Lennon 😂😂 even still it's a measly 20% 😂 for me to take a poll on the Hibs forum as rough consensus of what Hibs supporters in general feel it would have to atleast be hitting be 80%

The 90+2
06-12-2018, 03:41 PM
20% of people voting from basically a sample of the Hibs forum can in no way be used as a general indicator of season ticket holders views regarding Lennon 😂😂 even still it's a measly 20% 😂 for me to take a poll on the Hibs forum as rough consensus of what Hibs supporters in general feel it would have to atleast hitting 80%

Why was the ground so empty last night then?

pacoluna
06-12-2018, 03:45 PM
Why was the ground so empty last night then?

Hibs are notorious for having an element of our support that only turn up when we are doing well, I'm not going to judge Lennon on that certain group of supporters.

mcfly
06-12-2018, 03:47 PM
Regardless of the score on Saturday.

We simply must invest and invest big in January.

This group of players are sadly not good enough. Kamberi seems isolated up front. The service he’s getting is terrible. We need grafters now.

So Mallan has to go as does Horgan.

I’d have a midfield of Milligan, Bartley and Slivka on saturday.

Won’t be pretty football but 3 points is all that matters.

The 90+2
06-12-2018, 04:00 PM
Hibs are notorious for having an element of our support that only turn up when we are doing well, I'm not going to judge Lennon on that certain group of supporters.

It will be when they don’t renew next season. The fact that so early on in the season they supporters can’t be bothered with the manager and the team is seriously telling.

We are also notorious with having a large group of silent pissed off fans that just don’t go back to games which has always made me believe social media doesn’t represent about 40% at least of our support.

The 90+2
06-12-2018, 04:02 PM

This group of players are sadly not good enough. Kamberi seems isolated up front. The service he’s getting is terrible. We need grafters now.

Milligan Bartley and Slivka to provide for Kamberi? I’m not sure how that makes any sense at all? Play Horgan as a winger play Boyle as a winger Kamberi and Shaw again because we create sod all through the middle for Jamie Mac.

cmcd
06-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Lost 3 quality players hungry to succeed and replaced them with mediocrity.

Mallan's can strike a ball (it's very evident) but he's got precious little else in his locker.

Kamberi looks half the player he was last season, McLaren is never away from the treatment table (I ken the sports therapist who's been working with him and he says Jamie's back has been in bits since February)

Hyndman, Agyepong - loves an injury, dinnae renew their loans.

Horgan - should be rinsing the league but only seeing glimmers of what he's capable off. Not good enough.

As for Lennon, he looks a broken man in the dug out. He's lost his animation, stopped doing press conferences and generally doesn't look interested. He keeps making threats to leave, I'm reaching the stage where I wouldn't care if we called his bluff.

Don't believe for a minute that any player likes an injury

Tarrahib
06-12-2018, 04:51 PM
I’m not going to start another poll but the last one was before last nights debacle and it was sitting at about 20%. If we use this place as a general indicator for the mood of Hibs fans then that’s around 2500-3000 (tel:2500-3000) ST holders roughly that wanted rid before last night. It’s obviously not a majority but it’s still a lot of fans.

I booed last night when Flo was subbed .Not at Lennon but at Flo.He has not kicked a ball for us for weeks.

Tarrahib
06-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Milligan Bartley and Slivka to provide for Kamberi? I’m not sure how that makes any sense at all? Play Horgan as a winger play Boyle as a winger Kamberi and Shaw again because we create sod all through the middle for Jamie Mac.
Aye and keep Boyle and Horgan on the wings.No creeping in and getting in the way.

Borderhibbie76
06-12-2018, 06:42 PM

Fact is, and it’s an actual fact as much as I know to be true is he has lost the dressing room.Absolutely this it's been abundantly clear for weeks that's he's lost the players and no wonder after calling them all rejects post match at Celtic park...if butcher or Fenlon had come out with that they would have been burnt at the stake.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 06:48 PM
20% of people voting from basically a sample of the Hibs forum can in no way be used as a general indicator of season ticket holders views regarding Lennon 😂😂 even still it's a measly 20% 😂 for me to take a poll on the Hibs forum as rough consensus of what Hibs supporters in general feel it would have to atleast be hitting be 80%

The poll had over 400 votes, it’s not a bad sample audience for something the size of Hibs fans. When have you ever saw a poll with a sample audience of 80%? :confused: and as a percentage, like you said, it is fairly low. When you put that into an actual figure, if you use that sample as an indication as to how the fans are feeling, then it’s a lot more.

Elephant Stone
06-12-2018, 06:53 PM

And I think you can safely discard the opinion of anyone who would change their mind on the basis of one match. :aok:

Elephant Stone
06-12-2018, 06:55 PM
The poll had over 400 votes, it’s not a bad sample audience for something the size of Hibs fans. When have you ever saw a poll with a sample audience of 80%? :confused: and as a percentage, like you said, it is fairly low. When you put that into an actual figure, if you use that sample as an indication as to how the fans are feeling, then it’s a lot more.

There are probably other people like myself who wouldn't wipe their dog's arse with a poll on sacking the manager at the first sniff of bad form, and so you should probably factor in a fair amount of support among these people who didn't vote.

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 06:59 PM
There are probably other people like myself who wouldn't wipe their dog's arse with a poll on sacking the manager at the first sniff of bad form, and so you should probably factor in a fair amount of support among these people who didn't vote.

Possibly true to be fair :aok:

calumhibee1
06-12-2018, 06:59 PM
And I think you can safely discard the opinion of anyone who would change their mind on the basis of one match. :aok:

Well there does have to be a straw that breaks the camels back doesn’t there? There’s always going to be a tipping point for every fan.

One Day Soon
06-12-2018, 08:27 PM

Quite the infestation on here recently. :agree:

hibsbollah
06-12-2018, 08:32 PM

:agree: As discussed previously, the atmosphere is often best when two or three thousand gets knocked off the attendance. It's usually the two or three thousand that decide not to bother going who aren't really that bothered about watching Hibs in the first place.

flash
06-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Absolutely this it's been abundantly clear for weeks that's he's lost the players and no wonder after calling them all rejects post match at Celtic park...if butcher or Fenlon had come out with that they would have been burnt at the stake.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Why do people keep taking the rejects comment out of context?

Ronniekirk
06-12-2018, 09:01 PM

Whete is the Money coming from for this Big Investmentbin in New Players We will have a Budget but unless we Sell someone for Big Money it will be a couple of player and maybe a few Loan players at most
If Tommy isn't fit he goes but probably won't Free up much wage same with Hyndman Mallan and Horgan are on long term deals and no mone will come in for them
Clearly if the Management Yesm feel certain players still arent trying by end of December then they have a Decision about who to try and move on or go back to parent Club But it takes time for players to settle in to a new Club and by Transfer Window we will have a. better idea if we are going to be fightingvat lower end of league or fighting for Top Six That has a.bearing on who wants to come to us as well
We got lucky last year Can Lightning Stile Twice .

Scouse Hibee
07-12-2018, 06:52 AM

Take out the cup win and a decent season last year 😂

Are you for real?

Heisenberg
07-12-2018, 06:58 AM

Are you for real?

It really is a mental way to look at things. Take out all the good stuff to suit an argument that everything is *****. Makes perfect sense!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-12-2018, 07:00 AM

Are you for real?

Because if you take out the good stuff, it makes it much easier to focus on the bad stuff 🤣

I dont understand why people have to view this all so extremely. Lenny has been a good Hibs manager. IF his time is up, that doesnt negate what happened previously, it just means it stopped working / different circumstances required a different approach / something changed with him etc.

If he leavee in tue next few weeks, ill still look back on his time as successful. I just hope the ending is dealt with quickly and professionally, and not dragged out to the detriment of all.

JimBHibees
07-12-2018, 07:11 AM

Spot on. :agree:

we are hibs
07-12-2018, 08:51 AM
I booed last night when Flo was subbed .Not at Lennon but at Flo.He has not kicked a ball for us for weeks.

If this was about Whittaker the brains trust on here would be calling it a disgrace and think about his poor wee family

we are hibs
07-12-2018, 08:51 AM

What a superior poster you are then eh :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2018, 09:15 AM
I really do wonder what some people want or even expect from Hibs, we cant expect to have it great all the time, even the most thickest must realise that.

Yet once again when we have a dip in form, the manager has to go, he has had good times, given us another European trip which was better than we've done in years, yet the first dip in form he's crap and has to go.

Lennon has earnt the right to address these problems.

coldingham hibs
07-12-2018, 09:23 AM
I really do wonder what some people want or even expect from Hibs, we cant expect to have it great all the time, even the most thickest must realise that.

Yet once again when we have a dip in form, the manager has to go, he has had good times, given us another European trip which was better than we've done in years, yet the first dip in form he's crap and has to go.

I expect to finish top 5 every season in line with our budget & support. Higher is good, lower is not.

I don’t expect relegation battles every other season, that shows some real ineptitude behind the scenes.

I’ve been going to Easter Road for 40+ years and cannot remember any time that we consistently finished top 5 for more than 3 seasons. I know the stratos will correct me but that is what it feels like.

we are hibs
07-12-2018, 09:26 AM

What an intellectually superior poster you are to all of us with a differing opinion.

Lennon hasn't earned the right to more funds in January after 1 good window in 5. 3 or 4 games is a "dip" not 7. It's not unreasonable to expect us to be beating st.johnstone (who we haven't beat under lennon), Dundee and st.mirren at home. It's not unreasonable to think the manager threatening to leave every 30 seconds is a real lack of respect to the support and calling the players rejects (which we haven't won since that comment) is a real lack of respect of his players. Why do you think no one can ever ever say anything negative about Lennon?

The Leith Dutch
07-12-2018, 09:31 AM

So in other words you're criticising the poster's point about the last few seasons being good by saying if you take the good bits out they weren't actually good?

Genius argument.

bingo70
07-12-2018, 09:33 AM

On this occasion I don’t think it’s just about results.

It’s a combination of the results, previously threatening to quit a couple of times after matches (I’m talking about the derbies, not the rumoured one after the st Johnstone game), the refusal to do media duties and the observation that the team appear to have completely lost it on the park at an alarming rate.

If it was just a poor run of form but there was still a feeling of normality about the place I would be far more inclined to give him longer, I personally feel it’s inevitable he’ll be away soon so I’d rather it was just dealt with sooner rather than later.

flash
07-12-2018, 09:34 AM
What an intellectually superior poster you are to all of us with a differing opinion.

Lennon hasn't earned the right to more funds in January after 1 good window in 5. 3 or 4 games is a "dip" not 7. It's not unreasonable to expect us to be beating st.johnstone (who we haven't beat under lennon), Dundee and st.mirren at home. It's not unreasonable to think the manager threatening to leave every 30 seconds is a real lack of respect to the support and calling the players rejects (which we haven't won since that comment) is a real lack of respect of his players. Why do you think no one can ever ever say anything negative about Lennon?

We are Hibs. Until the going gets tough at least.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2018, 09:34 AM
I expect to finish top 5 every season in line with our budget & support. Higher is good, lower is not.

I don’t expect relegation battles every other season, that shows some real ineptitude behind the scenes.

I’ve been going to Easter Road for 40+ years and cannot remember any time that we consistently finished top 5 for more than 3 seasons. I know the stratos will correct me but that is what it feels like.

I think anything lower than 5th place is a failure, but im not daft enough to understand sometimes there are reasons why we might finish lower.

I dont have to like it, and i still think the manager can get us there THIS season, although he will need to bring in a couple of decent signings in January.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2018, 09:37 AM

I really must try not to react to folk who constantly lie to get their point across.

pacoluna
07-12-2018, 10:03 AM

I think the general consensus is that your in the minority with regards to getting rid of lennon. So your going to take offence to just about every post.

majorhibs
11-12-2018, 11:24 PM
We've been here before..

Time for change

What dipsh*ts sometimes support Hibs. Dingals on Saturday moaning about nonsense. In the 70s they moaned plenty, aw the auld boys, but it made a bit ae sense. Now, the moaners & their targets, it’s jist a load ae uneducated drivel. Some 1/4 wits in Hibs support nowadays.

majorhibs
11-12-2018, 11:38 PM
1/4 wits was generous! You dippety dips have zero idea! Lennon is Hibs punching way above the usual! Just look at it! But, but, youse geniuses ken better, eh? Where? Zoomers!

Fife-Hibee
11-12-2018, 11:39 PM
What dipsh*ts sometimes support Hibs. Dingals on Saturday moaning about nonsense. In the 70s they moaned plenty, aw the auld boys, but it made a bit ae sense. Now, the moaners & their targets, it’s jist a load ae uneducated drivel. Some 1/4 wits in Hibs support nowadays.

:wtf:

Stuart93
11-12-2018, 11:40 PM
1/4 wits was generous! You dippety dips have zero idea! Lennon is Hibs punching way above the usual! Just look at it! But, but, youse geniuses ken better, eh? Where? Zoomers!

🍻

monktonharp
12-12-2018, 12:56 AM
How can you take out a cup winners and a decent season????So Easy. you are a humber hibbie, early poster and could possibly be a yam fud :greengrin

Captain Trips
12-12-2018, 09:49 AM

The transfer window success is totally subjective due to the differing opinions we can all have on the ability of any player. What is not subjective are results and final league placings.

Job 1: Ge tout First Division
Job 2: Establish the club in SPL again
Job 3 More of the same.

He did very well last season to have us pushing for 2nd right up to the last week or so. Am I disappointed we will have to really now step up to achieve something similar absolutely I am, but 100% NL has got plenty in the locker to be allowed a bad run like we have had. In NL he is capable of turning it around the last 3 or 4 managers were not.

MrRobot
12-12-2018, 09:59 AM
I really must try not to react to folk who constantly lie to get their point across.

This one does my head in too.

Once in the media he said something daft after losing out on 2nd spot and then echoed it when he was targetted for abuse that included a wall being spray painted calling for him to be hung and having a coin chucked at him.

calumhibee1
12-12-2018, 10:00 AM
The transfer window success is totally subjective due to the differing opinions we can all have on the ability of any player. What is not subjective are results and final league placings.

Job 1: Ge tout First Division
Job 2: Establish the club in SPL again
Job 3 More of the same.

He did very well last season to have us pushing for 2nd right up to the last week or so. Am I disappointed we will have to really now step up to achieve something similar absolutely I am, but 100% NL has got plenty in the locker to be allowed a bad run like we have had. In NL he is capable of turning it around the last 3 or 4 managers were not.

Alan Stubbs turned round his bad run to win the Scottish Cup. Unrelated point to NL by the way, just think it’s doing Stubbs a dis-service.

Captain Trips
12-12-2018, 10:08 AM
Alan Stubbs turned round his bad run to win the Scottish Cup. Unrelated point to NL by the way, just think it’s doing Stubbs a dis-service.

Sorry correct I did not mean to include Stubbs in that I was thinking on the Calderwoods, Butcher and Fenlon.

Not In The Know
12-12-2018, 10:12 AM
Realistically i dont know how people can moan. Yes, it was poor run but its not even halfway through the season and with a couple of good results going our way, we could easily be 3/4th again.

We have no right to finish above Aberdeen and Hearts. Celtic Rangers should always be pushing for 1-2 and Aberdeen, Jumbos and us are going to be battling it out for the 3rd-4th euro spots.

This i expect will be whats happening come the end of the season.

Once in a while a killie or St Johnstone have a flirt with the top half and when they do they should be applauded and we should not deride our own club.

HibeeHibernian4
12-12-2018, 10:28 AM

"It was fine when we did it but now that other people do it it's nonsense." :rolleyes:

hibsbollah
12-12-2018, 10:33 AM

'Dingals':not worth:top marks

I haven't heard that s since I was about seven in the playground 'Ya dingal' followed by a boot up the arse. Happy times.

MacGruber
12-12-2018, 10:37 AM
Realistically i dont know how people can moan. Yes, it was poor run but its not even halfway through the season and with a couple of good results going our way, we could easily be 3/4th again.

We have no right to finish above Aberdeen and Hearts. Celtic Rangers should always be pushing for 1-2 and Aberdeen, Jumbos and us are going to be battling it out for the 3rd-4th euro spots.

Once in a while a killie or St Johnstone have a flirt with the top half and when they do they should be applauded and we should not deride our own club.

Hope you are right that it 'was' a poor run - I'm not convinced it is over

BILLYHIBS
12-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Hope you are right that it 'was' a poor run - I'm not convinced it is over
Agree!

A lot of tough games coming up Celtic, The Rangers ( twice) Livvy and Hearts

We will need to be at our best and utilise our full squad

Cmon the HIBS !

Steve20
12-12-2018, 11:25 AM

Having looked at our fixtures and the fixtures for the teams just ahead of us coming up, it will be a big surprise if we're not a fair bit behind the top 6 come January, never mind in a position to challenge for 3rd or 4th. We've had the bottom clubs recently and made a complete mess of it, drawing with Dundee and St Mirren at home.

Unless there's big signings in January, this team won't be finishing higher than 7th or 8th.

superfurryhibby
12-12-2018, 11:51 AM
Having looked at our fixtures and the fixtures for the teams just ahead of us coming up, it will be a big surprise if we're not a fair bit behind the top 6 come January, never mind in a position to challenge for 3rd or 4th. We've had the bottom clubs recently and made a complete mess of it, drawing with Dundee and St Mirren at home.

Unless there's big signings in January, this team won't be finishing higher than 7th or 8th.

Cest la vie.

Making a complete mess would be losing to those clubs. I think we actually beat Hamilton and drew the other two.

My prediction is that we will make good signings and work our way up the table.

MWHIBBIES
12-12-2018, 12:03 PM

I won't be surprised, Hibs away is a tough game for Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Livi. Always has been. We'll put up a good performance.

bingo70
12-12-2018, 12:43 PM
FWIW I look back at my reaction over the last week or so as being more than a bit over the top. In hindsight i was far too hasty in suggesting Lennon's time was up.

My feeling was always that it wasn't down to results and more down to the lack of commitment i felt we were getting from Lennon however my mood on the matter since we beat Hamilton suggests i was possibly kidding myself on in thinking it had nothing to do with results.

I'm still not convinced he is going to be here for the long term and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he left once we sort our form out but I've definitely come round to the way of thinking of giving him time to sort that.

I still don't like Parkers interview last week and i think it's poor throwing the players under a bus, IMO they should win and lose together, i would like to think though that this was just his way of getting a reaction, we'll find out soon enough if it's worked or not as the win against Hamilton was great, we're not out the woods just yet though.

Humber Hibby
12-12-2018, 01:09 PM
So Easy. you are a humber hibbie, early poster and could possibly be a yam fud :greengrin

You been on the pop? ☺

tamig
12-12-2018, 01:35 PM
You been on the pop? ☺

A regular feature in the wee small hours.

Keith_M
12-12-2018, 01:59 PM

:wtf:

My feelings exactly, FH

:greengrin

jacomo
12-12-2018, 04:22 PM
FWIW I look back at my reaction over the last week or so as being more than a bit over the top. In hindsight i was far too hasty in suggesting Lennon's time was up.

My feeling was always that it wasn't down to results and more down to the lack of commitment i felt we were getting from Lennon however my mood on the matter since we beat Hamilton suggests i was possibly kidding myself on in thinking it had nothing to do with results.

I'm still not convinced he is going to be here for the long term and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he left once we sort our form out but I've definitely come round to the way of thinking of giving him time to sort that.

I still don't like Parkers interview last week and i think it's poor throwing the players under a bus, IMO they should win and lose together, i would like to think though that this was just his way of getting a reaction, we'll find out soon enough if it's worked or not as the win against Hamilton was great, we're not out the woods just yet though.

This is all valid, but Steven Gerrard has been throwing various members of his squad under the bus all season and it’s not doing him any harm.

In general I agree that the power balance between the best players and their clubs has changed (also, too, their professionalism to be fair). These guys are elite athletes, often with their own team of trainers etc around them, and the hair dryer treatment is probably ineffective.

At our level? I’m not so sure.

No one would deny it’s been a testing few weeks but reports that Lennon has lost the dressing room seem wide of the mark.

majorhibs
12-12-2018, 07:04 PM
My feelings exactly, FH

:greengrin

Where’s a better manager for Hibs rolling along in the current financial climate& league setup, & mair importantly how we’ve been in recruiting bosses in the last decade or so, is that really the avenue we wish tae be wanderin down?

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-12-2018, 07:05 PM

🍺

The_Exile
12-12-2018, 11:25 PM
Read the first few posts and genuinely thought this was a really old thread that had resurfaced about Calderwood or Butcher, sake man.

monktonharp
13-12-2018, 01:10 AM
You been on the pop? ☺there was a smiley there, if you did not notice.as for the follow up

post to yours, I treat it with disdain. think he is a regular ...quipper...

calumhibee1
13-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Where’s a better manager for Hibs rolling along in the current financial climate& league setup, & mair importantly how we’ve been in recruiting bosses in the last decade or so, is that really the avenue we wish tae be wanderin down?

We picked up Lennon in the Championship so I’m not sure your financial climate or league set up comment holds much weight when it comes to the arguement that we couldn’t replace him. It could be argued we would be a much more attractive proposition now that we’re a top flight side rather than a Championship one.

Likewise our managerial recruitment in the last decade is less relevant than our recruitment under Dempster which has been pretty damn good.

Humber Hibby
13-12-2018, 08:04 AM
there was a smiley there, if you did not notice.as for the follow up

post to yours, I treat it with disdain. think he is a regular ...quipper...

No offence ment mate. Wee smiley on my post also. ☺

Prof. Shaggy
16-12-2018, 02:57 PM
That'll be that delayed again.

WestStandhibee
16-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Awfy quiet on here today, something happen?....

GreenNWhiteArmy
16-12-2018, 05:05 PM
Bummer that we need to keep Neil for another week eh

CathroMustStay
16-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Computer says.... no.

One Day Soon
16-12-2018, 05:40 PM
Awfy quiet on here today, something happen?....

Very quiet, but I can distinctly hear the sound of spewing...