PDA

View Full Version : Team tonight

Diclonius
05-12-2018, 12:11 PM
What do we want? I would like a nice, normal, players-in-their-actual-positions standard 4-4-****ing-2.

Bogdan

Mavrias Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Mallan Milligan Horgan

Maclaren Kamberi

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 12:13 PM
Since it would seem Gray isn't fit..

Bogdan

Efe Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Slivka Bartley Horgan

Mallan

Flo

SaulGoodman
05-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Bogdan
Gray Hanlon Mcgregor Stevenson
Mavrias Milligan Bartley Nelom
Porteous Mackie

18Craig75
05-12-2018, 12:36 PM
———— Rocky
Mavrias Efe Porteous Lewy

————Milligan
Boyle — Mallan. —- Horgan

—- McLaren Kamberi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Franck Stanton
05-12-2018, 12:49 PM
What do we want? I would like a nice, normal, players-in-their-actual-positions standard 4-4-****ing-2.

Bogdan

Mavrias Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Mallan Milligan Horgan

Maclaren Kamberi

That's the team for me as well. Strongest 11 we have , all playing in their correct positions.

Zazu62
05-12-2018, 01:00 PM
If Mavrias doesn’t play tonight we would probably be better just telling him not to bother coming back

Saint Hibee
05-12-2018, 01:01 PM
I think we should try something new. Maybe Bogdan up front and Boyle in goals?

andrew70
05-12-2018, 01:02 PM
Bogdan

Mavrias
Ambrose
Hanlon
Nelom

Boyle
Bartley
Slivka
Horgan

Kamberi
MacLaren

The_Horde
05-12-2018, 01:07 PM
Been told we're going 4-3-3. Not sure on the credibility of it though. Would assume Horgan and Boyle wide?

Brightside
05-12-2018, 01:09 PM
Been told we're going 4-3-3. Not sure on the credibility of it though. Would assume Horgan and Boyle wide?

Yep - 451 defending 433 attack.

Fraser*Murray may get called up.

Diclonius
05-12-2018, 01:10 PM

Another player called up out of the blue only to be dropped from the squad when he invariably doesn't perform.

SirDavidsNapper
05-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Your guess is as good as mine

danhibees1875
05-12-2018, 01:23 PM
Bogdan/Rocky

Slivka Milligan

Boyle Mallan Horgan

Kamberi

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 01:42 PM

Would have to presume that means to the bench rather than starting. Would be another strange decision to bring him in from the cold to start.

makaveli1875
05-12-2018, 02:05 PM
Marciano

Mavrias
Porteous
Ambrose
Stevenson

Bartley

Murray
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi
MacLaren

Stuart93
05-12-2018, 02:07 PM

Wouldn’t be against this, just hope boyle and horgan do their bit in getting back or the midfield might be overrun, again

Keith_M
05-12-2018, 02:13 PM
I think we'll start with a 6-3-1 formation tonight, then switch to a 3-3-4 after the break.

We'll be 3-0 behind at half-time and go on to win 8-5.

The crowd will be announced as just over 15k, with only about 11k actually in the ground as the missing four thousand season ticket holders: will choose to do their Christmas Shopping instead / stay at home cos it's a bit wet and chilly / stay at home cos it's a school night / be on a week's stag party to Ibiza / have a hospital appointment / have another perfectly valid reason for being unable to attend.

CWG and Ozzyhibby will debate the effect the size of the crowd has on Hibs Profit margin... as well as on Hearts Shares, what difference it makes to Dave King's TOP agreement and probably also whether or not Santa's Sleigh is 'tax deductable'.

Parker will do the post match interview, and 'accidentally' let slip that Yogi Hughes is taking over in January. Scoopyboy will claim to have known about it all along, but that he was sworn to secrecy. Blackpool Hibs will send a letter of thanks to STF.... and then propose marriage to Yogi

Praise will be heaped on the team from almost all quarters for heroically recovering from being 3-0 behind, except fro Hermit Crab who'll whinge about losing 5 goals at home to a diddy team like St Mirren, whilst simultaneously reminding us that he is an AST Holder (the creme de la menthe of the Hibs Support).

Iggy Pope will post something about everybody else that is both witty and cynical... but so clever and witty that it's probably way over our heads. We'll all reply and disagree with it anyway, as a matter of principle.

p.s. Keekaboo has actually been at a very early work's Christmas Party, so probably best not to pay any attention to him until he sobers up.

Inconsequential
05-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Bogdan, Ambrose, Stevenson, Porteous, Blackley, Milligan, Boyle, Mallan, Kamberi, MacLaren, Horgan.

Radium
05-12-2018, 02:39 PM
Bogdan, Ambrose, Stevenson, Porteous, Blackley, Milligan, Boyle, Mallan, Kamberi, MacLaren, Horgan.

Stanton on the bench? [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
05-12-2018, 02:43 PM
Sloop John B been brought out of retirement?

scoopyboy
05-12-2018, 02:45 PM
Is Hyndman injured or just went back early?

Is Mackie banned for tonight after getting sent off for the reserves on Monday?

scoopyboy
05-12-2018, 02:49 PM
If Mavrias doesn’t play tonight we would probably be better just telling him not to bother coming back

Bit harsh, certainly not his fault he's not been playing.

Players are all impressed by him.

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 02:51 PM

Interesting as that’s the first thing I’ve heard about him pretty much. Wonder if we’ll see him tonight?

The_Horde
05-12-2018, 02:57 PM

Who's fault is it?

YanYansen
05-12-2018, 02:57 PM
I think we'll start with a 6-3-1 formation tonight, then switch to a 3-3-4 after the break.

We'll be 3-0 behind at half-time and go on to win 8-5.

The crowd will be announced as just over 15k, with only about 11k actually in the ground as the missing four thousand season ticket holders: will choose to do their Christmas Shopping instead / stay at home cos it's a bit wet and chilly / stay at home cos it's a school night / be on a week's stag party to Ibiza / have a hospital appointment / have another perfectly valid reason for being unable to attend.

CWG and Ozzyhibby will debate the effect the size of the crowd has on Hibs Profit margin... as well as on Hearts Shares, what difference it makes to Dave King's TOP agreement and probably also whether or not Santa's Sleigh is 'tax deductable'.

Parker will do the post match interview, and 'accidentally' let slip that Yogi Hughes is taking over in January. Scoopyboy will claim to have known about it all along, but that he was sworn to secrecy. Blackpool Hibs will send a letter of thanks to STF.... and then propose marriage to Yogi

Praise will be heaped on the team from almost all quarters for heroically recovering from being 3-0 behind, except fro Hermit Crab who'll whinge about losing 5 goals at home to a diddy team like St Mirren, whilst simultaneously reminding us that he is an AST Holder (the creme de la menthe of the Hibs Support).

Iggy Pope will post something about everybody else that is both witty and cynical... but so clever and witty that it's probably way over our heads. We'll all reply and disagree with it anyway, as a matter of principle.

p.s. Keekaboo has actually been at a very early work's Christmas Party, so probably best not to pay any attention to him until he sobers up.

Lol, superb :greengrin

scoopyboy
05-12-2018, 03:05 PM
Who's fault is it?

You tell me.

Iain G
05-12-2018, 03:05 PM
Bogdan

Mavrais Efe Porteous Stevenson

Boyle Milligan Slivka Horgan

MacLaren Flo

ErinGoBraghHFC
05-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon
Nelom

Milligan
Mallan
Slivka/Hyndman

Boyle
Kamberi
Horgan

WeveGotMcginn
05-12-2018, 03:19 PM
bogdan

mavrias efe hanlon Stevenson

slivka milligan

boyle mallan horgan

flo

The_Horde
05-12-2018, 03:23 PM
Probably looking at something like

Bogdan (although I'd give rocky a shot)

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon Stevenson/Nelom

Mallan Milligan

Boyle Murray Horgan

Kamberi

Not exactly the personnel I'd go for though.

Inconsequential
05-12-2018, 03:31 PM
Sloop John B been brought out of retirement? Bl**dy auto-correct! I meant McNamara...

J-C
05-12-2018, 03:32 PM
Rumours of a 4-3-3

Rocky

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
Milligan
Mallan

Boyle
Kamberi
Horgan

Pretty Boy
05-12-2018, 03:33 PM
..................Bogdan................

Mavrias......Efe....Hanlon.....Stevenson

....................Bartley...................

...........Slivka............Murray.....

.Gullan.................................Horgan.

..................Kamberi................

Few boot up the erses required so Milligan, Mallan and Boyle can all take a seat on the bench.

The_Horde
05-12-2018, 03:35 PM

Few boot up the erses required so Milligan, Mallan and Boyle can all take a seat on the bench.

Don't think Boyle is a great responder to such treatment. But I agree with the others. Probably drop Bogdan too, quite poor at 2 of the 3 goals on Saturday IMO.

Brightside
05-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Is Hyndman injured or just went back early?

Is Mackie banned for tonight after getting sent off for the reserves on Monday?

Hyndman is injured.

Iggy Pope
05-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Hyndman is injured.

Whats wrong with him?

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2018, 03:49 PM
Think Marciano is due a start. Don't think Bogdan has been particularly bad but he's no longer putting in performances good enough to keep our number 1 on the bench.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-12-2018, 03:50 PM
Bogdan

Mavrais
Ambrose
Hanlon
Nelom

Milligan
Mallan
Slivka

Boyle
Kamberi
Horgan

Stuart93
05-12-2018, 03:51 PM

Too much risk playing this team when we’re desperate for 3 points. The backlash would be unreal

ThomasAgyepong
05-12-2018, 04:33 PM
There is another thread on the starting lineup so I’ve just copy and pasted my team on here.

Would personally go with:
Bogdan
Nelom
Porteous
Kevin Waugh
Efe
Bartley
Milligan
Mallan in front of the 2
Horgan
Mavrias
Gullan
4-2-3-1

Brooster
05-12-2018, 04:36 PM
Think Marciano is due a start. Don't think Bogdan has been particularly bad but he's no longer putting in performances good enough to keep our number 1 on the bench.

Behave. Bogdan is one of the few players who should not be dropped.

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Behave. Bogdan is one of the few players who should not be dropped.
Bogdan is rank, directly at fault for every goal conceded so far this season imo

BILLYHIBS
05-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Some of these teams are real shockers I can’t wait to see the real team
Tonight’s match is like a Cup Final for us it is a must win
We also cannot afford for Lenny to put his team out and then decide he got it wrong and do his tinkerman act
High tempo from the start
Let’s do this HIBS!

Zazu62
05-12-2018, 04:54 PM
It’s time for Marciano to have a chance

scoopyboy
05-12-2018, 04:57 PM
Bogdan is rank, directly at fault for every goal conceded so far this season imo

Please tell me you're at the lash with that remark.

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2018, 04:59 PM
I am at the lash with that remark

scoopyboy
05-12-2018, 05:02 PM
Hyndman is injured.

Thanks underscore.

Not seen it mentioned anywhere recently. Says on official site that Gray won't make it and Bartley and Slivka probably will, no mention of Hyndman.

HoboHarry
05-12-2018, 05:09 PM
I doubt he is, I imagine he is just trolling again.....

007 Mickey Weir
05-12-2018, 05:10 PM
Bogdan (he hasn’t made a mistake and needs to keep his place

Efe at RB as he did well there 2nd half on Sat

Porteous and Hanlon CB

Nelom at LB like efe

Milligan DM

Horgan LM
Mallan RM

Boyle in the number 10 Position

Kamberi and McLaren up top. Although maybe Shaw for McLaren.

442 diamond that can easily be moved to a 433

Here’s Lucy!
05-12-2018, 05:16 PM
I am at the lash with that remark

:greengrin

Golden Bear
05-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Some of these teams are real shockers I can’t wait to see the real team
Tonight’s match is like a Cup Final for us it is a must win
We also cannot afford for Lenny to put his team out and then decide he got it wrong and do his tinkerman act
High tempo from the start
Let’s do this HIBS!

I long to return to the days where if a first team player was injured, then a straight replacement was promoted from the reserves. That way seemed far more sensible than shuffling the whole pack in the hope that the positional changes might just work out.

Regardless of how you look at it, we still don't see enough of the young guys from the development team given their chance.

JimBHibees
05-12-2018, 05:46 PM
Thanks underscore.

Not seen it mentioned anywhere recently. Says on official site that Gray won't make it and Bartley and Slivka probably will, no mention of Hyndman.

Actually think we miss Hyndman the only genuine number 10 I think. Had a great game in the Hamilton match

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2018, 05:47 PM
i'd go with a 4-5-1

Bogdan

Boyle Milligan Slivka Bartley Horgan

Kamberi

BILLYHIBS
05-12-2018, 05:48 PM
I long to return to the days where if a first team player was injured, then a straight replacement was promoted from the reserves. That way seemed far more sensible than shuffling the whole pack in the hope that the positional changes might just work out.

Regardless of how you look at it, we still don't see enough of the young guys from the development team given their chance.
Aye! Or go back to the days of one sub either Auld Hamilton or Hazel or nae subs when Willie Wilson had to play oan the left wing with a bandage roond his heid at Airdrie Those were the days

Gmack7
05-12-2018, 06:00 PM
Bogdan (he hasn’t made a mistake and needs to keep his place

Efe at RB as he did well there 2nd half on Sat

Porteous and Hanlon CB

Nelom at LB like efe

Milligan DM

Horgan LM
Mallan RM

Boyle in the number 10 Position

Kamberi and McLaren up top. Although maybe Shaw for McLaren.

442 diamond that can easily be moved to a 433

swap boyle and mallan and that would be my team

CMurdoch
05-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Bogdan

Ambrose Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Milligan

Boyle Slivka Mallan

MacLaren Kamberi

Brightside
05-12-2018, 06:03 PM
Thanks underscore.

I was told that Gray and Hyndman out for at least another week. Gray was due back this week but tweaked something again. Hyndman had a groin issue. Slivka apparently only had the flu last week.

bythecringe
05-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Aye! Or go back to the days of one sub either Auld Hamilton or Hazel or nae subs when Willie Wilson had to play oan the left wing with a bandage roond his heid at Airdrie Those were the days

Remember Willie Wilson haring up the stand side line looking like a said heid cake out the baker’s shop with his bandaged head. Did well for a probably concussed goalie - manager probably told him he was Gordon Smith!