PDA

View Full Version : MacLaren earned Hibs...

Keith_M
04-12-2018, 07:22 PM
...105k for his attendance at World Cup (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-latest-jamie-maclaren-s-world-cup-involvement-nets-club-six-figure-sum-1-4838955)

You see, it wasn't a waste of time signing him after all

:greengrin

BILLYHIBS
04-12-2018, 07:36 PM
Already posted by Famous Fiver in thread Time the players stepped up

Don’t shoot the messenger 😁

Keith_M
04-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Already posted by Famous Fiver in thread Time the players stepped up

Don’t shoot the messenger 😁

Sorry Billy, I'm always a bit late with the news

BILLYHIBS
04-12-2018, 07:40 PM
Sorry Billy, I'm always a bit late with the news

You’ve been in great form recently to 😁

Keith_M
04-12-2018, 07:41 PM
You’ve been in great form recently to 😁

Ah shucks, you're so flattering

:wink:

BILLYHIBS
04-12-2018, 07:46 PM
Ah shucks, you're so flattering

:wink:
Surprisingly found myself having a wee chuckle at some of your recent posts keep up the good work!

DetroitHibs
04-12-2018, 09:44 PM
Paid for Flo's transfer fee, good job :aok:

Nakedmanoncrack
04-12-2018, 10:22 PM
Any idea how the figures each club get are worked out ?

Mibbes Aye
04-12-2018, 11:18 PM
Any idea how the figures each club get are worked out ?

I think it's something like £6K per day of involvement per player, from two weeks before the tournament starts until the player's team gets eliminated, but it's shared on a weighted basis with whoever they were registered with for the previous two years.

YanYansen
05-12-2018, 03:02 PM
Tell you what, if MacLaren had missed the header Shaw did on Saturday, he'd be getting dog's abuse. Shaw seems to have largely escaped criticism at all. Which, for the avoidance of doubt, I think is fair enough - all strikers miss chances. The issue is the lack of chances created at the moment, and yet MacLaren seems to have become something of a lightning rod for criticism when he's in fact done very little wrong; and, as has been mentioned, more or less just paid for Flo.

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 03:05 PM
Tell you what, if MacLaren had missed the header Shaw did on Saturday, he'd be getting dog's abuse. Shaw seems to have largely escaped criticism at all. Which, for the avoidance of doubt, I think is fair enough - all strikers miss chances. The issue is the lack of chances created at the moment, and yet MacLaren seems to have become something of a lightning rod for criticism when he's in fact done very little wrong; and, as has been mentioned, more or less just paid for Flo.

Shaw is probably getting off lightly cause we got horsed and played awful. If it had been a closer game or we’d deserved something and he missed it then he’d probably have been given a harder time about it due to having less to criticise and the fact it maybe would have meant something.. the way we played on Saturday it most likely wouldn’t have meant anything even if he scored it.

SChibs
05-12-2018, 03:51 PM

I thought he was unlucky. He done the hard bit of getting above it and heading it into the ground just slightly off with the direction

joebakerforever
05-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Puzzled as to how Hibs received anything, as did not MacLaren revert back to his parent German club from loan, by the time the World Cup started?