PDA

View Full Version : Mavrais

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-12-2018, 04:03 PM
Really want to see him play and get a chance.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-12-2018, 04:13 PM
A pointless signing.

SRHibs
04-12-2018, 04:17 PM
MWC could’ve been on to something with his post when they signed TBH. At least Nelom got a run out, although hopefully he doesn’t get hooked after the one game as it’d be nice to see how he contributes when we play a little bit better as a unit.

Brightside
04-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Gray is out tomorrow.

IGRIGI
04-12-2018, 04:26 PM
I'm forgetting who these signings are.

calumhibee1
04-12-2018, 04:27 PM
MWC could’ve been on to something with his post when they signed TBH. At least Nelom got a run out, although hopefully he doesn’t get hooked after the one game as it’d be nice to see how he contributes when we play a little bit better as a unit.

What did MWC say?

SRHibs
04-12-2018, 04:33 PM
What did MWC say?

Signs, unfit, picks up injury, 2 weeks away, development game, second half sub appearance, released in January.

File alongside Adam Eckersley, Faycal Rherras and Neil Eardley

About Nelom, but applies to Mavrias too.

Heisenberg
04-12-2018, 04:33 PM
Gray is out tomorrow.

Praying we play someone else at right back instead of sticking with a three if that’s the case.

GreenArmyyy!
04-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Honestly don’t understand signings like him. Literally a waste of a wage.

Hi Heid Yin
04-12-2018, 05:07 PM
A signing that would appear to have failed to impress in training.

Sorry, but we simply can't hold onto players who fail to impress in training and have contributed zilch to our Hibs cause.

calumhibee1
04-12-2018, 05:09 PM
[/I][/COLOR]About Nelom, but applies to Mavrias too.

:aok:

Can’t see it turning out any differently.

calumhibee1
04-12-2018, 05:09 PM

He's due back in January at his parent club and will do so having done zilch for Hibs.

We are his parent club.

B.H.F.C
04-12-2018, 05:10 PM

He's due back in January at his parent club and will do so having done zilch for Hibs.

We are his parent club, he’s not on loan.

If he can’t get a game tomorrow he’ll never play.

Centre Hawf
04-12-2018, 05:10 PM

Mavrias is a permanent signing (albeit till January)

Hi Heid Yin
04-12-2018, 05:17 PM
We are his parent club.

lol. My mistake
I thought he was a short term loan player from some Greek club, but obviously he's just a short term (to January) contract player.
All the same, he still hasn't impressed enough to get a game and I would be disappointed if he were to be given another contract - short or otherwise.

calumhibee1
04-12-2018, 05:18 PM
lol. My mistake
I thought he was a short term loan player from some Greek club, but obviously he's just a short term (to January) contract player.
All the same, he still hasn't impressed enough to get a game and I would be disappointed if he were to be given another contract - short or otherwise.
:agree:

Hi Heid Yin
04-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Mavrias is a permanent signing (albeit till January)

Lol. My mistake. Now rectified.

Hi Heid Yin
04-12-2018, 05:20 PM
We are his parent club, he’s not on loan.

If he can’t get a game tomorrow he’ll never play.

Lol. My mistake.
Now rectified.

SaulGoodman
04-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Lol. My rectified.
Now mistake

Diclonius
04-12-2018, 05:50 PM
Lol rectified.
Mistake now.
My

Smartie
04-12-2018, 05:53 PM
Lol.

He's gonna pump her.

Green Man
04-12-2018, 05:55 PM
Lol.

He's gonna pump her.

That made me actually laugh, and I can’t even remember what it refers to.

calumhibee1
04-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Lol.

He's gonna pump her.

I think I’ve asked this before but can somebody point me the way of this thread? :greengrin

tamig
04-12-2018, 06:14 PM
lol. My mistake
How do you know he’s failed to impress? Maybe he’s still gaining full fitness. Certainly hope so.

Smartie
04-12-2018, 06:15 PM
That made me actually laugh, and I can’t even remember what it refers to.

There was a thread a while back, Ian Murray was going on honeymoon with his newlywed bride. There was a thread going on about it, which went down the predictable pun and double entendre route. Many were funny and often quite subtle, when someone waded in with this post. It's hard to describe why it was so funny, but it was up there with hibs.net's finest ever moments.

It's a great post because you can chuck it in almost anywhere, with any context, and get a chuckle from someone.

I think I’ve asked this before but can somebody point me the way of this thread? :greengrin

Sorry, I can't.

Does it even exist any more?

MWHIBBIES
04-12-2018, 06:23 PM
He impressed enough to get a contract but not enough to get a game?

🤔

bingo70
04-12-2018, 06:25 PM
He impressed enough to get a contract but not enough to get a game?

🤔

I got the impression it was more of an extended trial than a proper signing.

Hi Heid Yin
04-12-2018, 06:37 PM
How do you know he’s failed to impress? Maybe he’s still gaining full fitness. Certainly hope so.

How unfit was he or is he then?
and how long does it take for a professional footballer (who ought to be in half decent shape and condition, regardless) to get up to speed?

Green Man
04-12-2018, 06:42 PM
There was a thread a while back, Ian Murray was going on honeymoon with his newlywed bride. There was a thread going on about it, which went down the predictable pun and double entendre route. Many were funny and often quite subtle, when someone waded in with this post. It's hard to describe why it was so funny, but it was up there with hibs.net's finest ever moments.

It's a great post because you can chuck it in almost anywhere, with any context, and get a chuckle from someone.

Sorry, I can't.

Does it even exist any more?

Google suggests Ian Murray got married 10 years ago, so I suspect the thread is sadly lost in the ether.

Albanian Hibs
04-12-2018, 06:54 PM
Praying we play someone else at right back instead of sticking with a three if that’s the case.

Efe. Was my mom in last 2 games.

Carheenlea
04-12-2018, 07:03 PM
What position does he play?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-12-2018, 07:11 PM

RB or RM

Eyrie
04-12-2018, 07:44 PM
Does Mavrias share an agent with one of our other players?

That may explain why he's here.

Radium
04-12-2018, 07:48 PM
Does Mavrias share an agent with one of our other players?

That may explain why he's here.

Same management as Flo and McLaren

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181204/887b03d67a0c74b5b889f9ca36a207cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eyrie
04-12-2018, 07:51 PM
Same management as Flo and McLaren

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181204/887b03d67a0c74b5b889f9ca36a207cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks - I thought there was some connection.

Pretty clear that Mavrias is here as a thank you to the agency that delivered the two strikers that we as fans were desperate to see return.

dchibs
04-12-2018, 08:16 PM

Left inside

ekhibee
04-12-2018, 08:18 PM
I would just like to hear something from Lennon, Parker, anybody on the situation regarding Mavrias. He never seems to get mentioned anywhere apart from the occasional performance with the development team. Against Kilmarnock I thought he might have had a chance of getting a game if they were playing Boyle up front as a striker, but nada. Lennon has recently been going on about how we're short in certain areas, so unless Mavrias is carrying an injury you'd think he'd at least he'd get a run-out with the 1st team at some point.

I'm not trying to stir anything up, it's just he seems he doesn't seem to be in the thoughts of the manager at all other than warming up the bench here and there. if his contract's up in January what was the bloody point in signing him in the first place if they're not even going to bring him on as a sub with 5 mins to go. Boyle's had plenty of poor games recently but for some reason Agyepong was coming on to replace him usually, and his natural position is LEFT wing, at least in every video of youtube I saw him that was where he played, nowhere else.

I totally appreciate I'm probably oversimplifying it, I'm not a manager and Lennon's done a good job at our club and I'm grateful to have him with us, but in the few clips I saw of Mavrias he looked a decent player, so it would be interesting to find out why he isn't actually getting a game.

Hi Heid Yin
04-12-2018, 08:53 PM
I would just like to hear something from Lennon, Parker, anybody on the situation regarding Mavrias. He never seems to get mentioned anywhere apart from the occasional performance with the development team. Against Kilmarnock I thought he might have had a chance of getting a game if they were playing Boyle up front as a striker, but nada. Lennon has recently been going on about how we're short in certain areas, so unless Mavrias is carrying an injury you'd think he'd at least he'd get a run-out with the 1st team at some point.

I'm not trying to stir anything up, it's just he seems he doesn't seem to be in the thoughts of the manager at all other than warming up the bench here and there. if his contract's up in January what was the bloody point in signing him in the first place if they're not even going to bring him on as a sub with 5 mins to go. Boyle's had plenty of poor games recently but for some reason Agyepong was coming on to replace him usually, and his natural position is LEFT wing, at least in every video of youtube I saw him that was where he played, nowhere else.

I totally appreciate I'm probably oversimplifying it, I'm not a manager and Lennon's done a good job at our club and I'm grateful to have him with us, but in the few clips I saw of Mavrias he looked a decent player, so it would be interesting to find out why he isn't actually getting a game.

Maybe something as simple as he isn't good enough?

Hi Heid Yin
04-12-2018, 08:55 PM
Thanks - I thought there was some connection.

Pretty clear that Mavrias is here as a thank you to the agency that delivered the two strikers that we as fans were desperate to see return.

If true then I would seriously question our club and Neil Lennon.

Scotty Leither
04-12-2018, 09:54 PM
Maybe something as simple as he isn't good enough?

He's the same as Rherras - a jersey filler, signed and trumpeted as another "internationalist". If he was any good he would have had a run of games especially with Gray being out so much.

If I'm being uncharitable, and the guy really is a worthwhile signing, then I'd question our recruitment team's homework on signing an unfit player as cover for another unfit player.

We might, just might, get an explanation in January when he's quietly released, but I suspect you'll wait a long time for that, similar to the wait we've had to see what the guy can do.

Eyrie
04-12-2018, 09:56 PM

If it's a short term deal on a low wage that helps the player maintain his fitness and continues a good relationship what has worked well for us, then I don't mind.

If Mavrias gets an extension to the end of the season and still never features, then I'll question the move.

MWHIBBIES
04-12-2018, 10:19 PM
A 24 year old Greek international with premier League experience is sitting around, not playing, wasting his career away for (I assume) a fraction of some of his previous contracts as a favour for Hibs getting 2 strikers signed.

Yeah, I'll pass on believing that utter pish.

cameronw-hfc
04-12-2018, 10:47 PM
I feel like he's a player Lennon quite fancied and figured he might get snapped up by another club if we stall so decided to offer him a deal and see if he can prove his fitness and feature towards the end of his deal before making a decision. I don't think he was signed as a quick fix, I think we'll see him stay and get played towards the end of the season. At least I hope so because if not then who knows what's going on.

Smartie
04-12-2018, 10:54 PM
I feel like he's a player Lennon quite fancied and figured he might get snapped up by another club if we stall so decided to offer him a deal and see if he can prove his fitness and feature towards the end of his deal before making a decision. I don't think he was signed as a quick fix, I think we'll see him stay and get played towards the end of the season. At least I hope so because if not then who knows what's going on.

He might even have been signed with our tough December schedule in mind.

We haven't had enough games to justify a deliberate and necessary rotation yet, but even if we'd been playing brilliantly we'd probably need to shake it up over the next month.

Hi Heid Yin
04-12-2018, 10:58 PM
If it's a short term deal on a low wage that helps the player maintain his fitness and continues a good relationship what has worked well for us, then I don't mind.

If Mavrias gets an extension to the end of the season and still never features, then I'll question the move.

Assuming that the guy is actually "fit", then it has to be a case then of he really isn't good enough to be a first team starter.
He must be bad if he can't get into our current side which has been struggling for weeks - with no end of our "regulars" underperforming or having "mares".

silverhibee
04-12-2018, 11:36 PM
[/I][/COLOR]About Nelom, but applies to Mavrias too.

Eckersley was a bizarre signing, I was at EM when he signed, limped in on crutches and I'm sure that's how he left the club after doing the square root of nothing, waste of time and money.

Mibbes Aye
04-12-2018, 11:55 PM
A 24 year old Greek international with premier League experience is sitting around, not playing, wasting his career away for (I assume) a fraction of some of his previous contracts as a favour for Hibs getting 2 strikers signed.

Absolutely this.

Feels like some folk just want to make stuff up in order to post.

The reality is the guy only signed for us in mid-October, joining a physical league but with very limited recent first-team action under his belt. He has been building up his match fitness since. Even a couple of weeks ago he was still only fully making his way to full match fitness.

He will get his chance, no doubt of that.

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 06:19 AM

What makes you so confident of that? Imo there’s a huge doubt about that. We’ve been through this with numerous full backs in the last couple of years.

Eyrie
05-12-2018, 07:13 AM

Presumably because it makes more sense that he would want to sit around the house with no income and not training with a team which, despite that impressive pedigree, was the only offer he had until he came here.

I can see why that is preferable to having a chance to keep fit and even game time if he shows enough in training.

snedzuk
05-12-2018, 08:21 AM
Efe. Was my mom in last 2 games.

Did he brush your hair and make sure you weren't late for school.

eastmainsmsh
05-12-2018, 08:53 AM
Hopefully to prevent another Didier Agathe case .While we assess him he looks a cracking player but went off the boil after Sunderland

YanYansen
05-12-2018, 10:58 AM
Absolutely this.

The reality is the guy only signed for us in mid-October, joining a physical league but with very limited recent first-team action under his belt. He has been building up his match fitness since. Even a couple of weeks ago he was still only fully making his way to full match fitness.

Aye, but signed till January. We are now at the 5th of December and he hasnae kicked a ball.

"SPECIAL OFFER: JOIN HIBS! Pick up a wage while attaining match fitness! Then choose where you fancy going next!"

scoopyboy
05-12-2018, 01:55 PM
How unfit was he or is he then?
and how long does it take for a professional footballer (who ought to be in half decent shape and condition, regardless) to get up to speed?

He's not unfit.

All the players rate him and can't understand how he's not getting a chance.

But hey ho, just you keep spouting p*** about the guy.

Stuart93
05-12-2018, 02:12 PM
I’m hoping to see him tonight if gray’s still not fit and move ambrose into CH with Hanlon

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Absolutely this.

I'm not altogether convinced this is the case either, but you'd have to be very naive to think that this type of thing doesn't happen in football.

Giving the guy a small wage, some training facilities and keeping the agents happy could be the difference between them pointing the next Kamberi in our direction instead of elsewhere.

SteveHFC
05-12-2018, 04:08 PM
I’m hoping to see him tonight if gray’s still not fit and move ambrose into CH with Hanlon

Won’t happen.

We’ll go with the 3-5-2 with 10 defenders playing.

Hiber-nation
05-12-2018, 04:14 PM
He's not unfit.

That's good to hear (I think). So Lennon played Whittaker at right wing back in front of him....against Jordan Jones. And some folk on here wonder why the manager is getting questioned?

Hopefully a sensible team selection tonight, problems sorted, 3 points and a win and a clean sheet with a couple of goals to spare :thumbsup:

Hi Heid Yin
05-12-2018, 04:19 PM
He's not unfit.

No need for this scoopyboy.

Going by your post we can assume that you know all the Hibs players and that they each individually told you that they rate the guy and can't understand how he's not getting a chance.

By inference you are saying that Neil Lennon has either an agenda against the guy or simply does not rate him the same as all the players that you know.

scoopyboy
05-12-2018, 04:25 PM
No need for this scoopyboy.

Going by your post we can assume that you know all the Hibs players and that they each individually told you that they rate the guy and can't understand how he's not getting a chance.

By inference you are saying that Neil Lennon has either an agenda against the guy or simply does not rate him the same as all the players that you know.

Nope, don't know all the players but any feedback I have had about him has been really positive.

What has he done that you are giving him pelters for?

Neil Lennon has the answer to the last bit for you, not me.

Mibbes Aye
05-12-2018, 05:48 PM

What makes you so confident of that? Imo there’s a huge doubt about that. .

Aye, but signed till January. We are now at the 5th of December and he hasnae kicked a ball.

I'm not altogether convinced this is the case either, .

Given he was saying he was still approaching match fitness just over a couple of weeks ago, I'm not surprised it's taken a while.

He's got his chance tonight though, hopefully he does really, really well.

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 05:50 PM
Given he was saying he was still approaching match fitness just over a couple of weeks ago, I'm not surprised it's taken a while.

Well done :greengrin. Pleasantly surprised.

Johnny_Leith
05-12-2018, 05:50 PM

He's not going to, it's been confirmed on here he's a pointless signing 😉

Hope he does well.

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2018, 05:52 PM

You can take me out of that quote-a-thon ya goat 😄 I was saying I wasn’t convinced that the whole signing was a favour to the agent!

Diclonius
05-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Wooooo

jacomo
05-12-2018, 06:36 PM

You’d be better off questioning the entire football industry.

It’s a dirty game and everyone is playing it to some extent.

Northernhibee
05-12-2018, 08:55 PM
I ended up working super late tonight - how was he?

Hibee87
05-12-2018, 08:59 PM
I ended up working super late tonight - how was he?

Quiet, but steady enough in first half when playing with a straight 4. Looked to be one of the best players when moved to RWB played some really good balls for Boyle to run onto. Don't recall losing the ball at all really

RossScott1991
05-12-2018, 09:00 PM
I thought he did well for a guy who hasn’t played much. Much better than playing Whittaker or a centre half at RB.

hibee_girl
05-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Quiet, but steady enough in first half when playing with a straight 4. Looked to be one of the best players when moved to RWB played some really good balls for Boyle to run onto. Don't recall losing the ball at all really

:agree: he looked much more effective in the 2nd half. He tried towards the end but that’s to be expected when he’s not played in a while.

Carheenlea
05-12-2018, 09:18 PM
A fit David Gray is still easily our best right back option.

FRes Hibbie
05-12-2018, 09:39 PM
Looked promising, a bit rusty at first but got better. Had a decent touch and got forward lots. Played a few nice passes to put Boyle in in the second half too. Wasn't really tested defensively.

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 09:40 PM
A fit David Gray is still easily our best right back option.

:agree:

Not as good as David Gray but he done ok. Wouldn't be in a rush to drop him for Saturday (unless Gray is fit).

stoneyburn hibs
05-12-2018, 09:43 PM
Very encouraging performance 2nd half, we were getting a lot of joy down the right with him and Boyle linking.

Maybe just me but Efe seemed reluctant to pass to him.

Keith_M
05-12-2018, 09:47 PM
I honestly thought he wasn't anything special, but seeing as he's not been playing at all so far, it's not fair to judge him on his first game.

DaveF
05-12-2018, 09:48 PM
I thought he was poor, always taking the easy pass and only once going past someone that I can recall (near the end when he flicked it round the defender). Playing in a rubbish team with no confidence won't have helped him I suppose, but he's no David Gray.

Onion
05-12-2018, 09:51 PM
Looked a below average player. Not impressed.

J-C
05-12-2018, 09:58 PM
I thought he was ok, maybe played it too simple at times but that's understandable, decent back up for Gray.

dmc1875
05-12-2018, 10:03 PM
Thought he was all over the shop until about the 75th minute when he became a bit better.

wookie70
05-12-2018, 10:04 PM
Worked hard enough and showed more spirit than most of the team. Looked average at best and would have a long way to go before filling SDG boots.

erin go bragh
05-12-2018, 10:04 PM
As previously benn said . He had a good second half when he switched to a rwb. Done a lovely step over nd linked well with Boyle . That Ref though , grrr .

Hi Heid Yin
05-12-2018, 10:05 PM
For me he did the basics and didn't stand out.

Onceinawhile
05-12-2018, 10:10 PM
Didn't do enough to be good, but certainly wasn't bad. He's ahead of whittaker at right back for me anyway.

The_Horde
05-12-2018, 10:11 PM
Probably our best player behind Porto. Not that that's saying much.

Gmack7
05-12-2018, 10:20 PM
we looked much better on the right side than we did on the left

Hiber-nation
05-12-2018, 10:21 PM
I have to say I was surprised at how average he was. Disappointing to say the least.

Jones28
05-12-2018, 10:25 PM
We had bigger issues tonight. Expected more from him though, very unwilling to try and overlap in he first half. It meant Boyle was forever up against two or three players.

superfurryhibby
05-12-2018, 10:25 PM
He saw plenty of the ball but lacked the confidence to take the man on when he had the chance to. Unspectacular, but solid enough. Hopefully he will improve.

steve75
05-12-2018, 10:28 PM
Long way to go, but played the ball down the channel without being intercepted on 3 occasions. Been about 15 years since that's happened.

CMurdoch
05-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Not for me.
Isn't athletic and appears average at best. Was trying hard but I don't think he is good enough. Gray has nothing to worry about from this guy.

tamig
05-12-2018, 10:59 PM
Not for me.
Isn't athletic and appears average at best. Was trying hard but I don't think he is good enough. Gray has nothing to worry about from this guy.

The boy is still getting up to match fitness. Thoughthe looked ok and had a decent second half.

SON OF PADDY
06-12-2018, 12:09 AM
I have to say I was surprised at how average he was. Disappointing to say the least.

My thoughts exactly!
Look like the players didn't want to give him the ball first half,improved slightly in the second half.
Can only get better?

joebakerforever
06-12-2018, 12:31 AM
I thought he did ok, given that most around him were below par, and as it was his first ever game in Scottish Premier League.

Got better as the match progressed as he adjusted to his new environment.

Should start again on Saturday.

Hi Heid Yin
06-12-2018, 12:38 AM
Didn't do enough to be good, but certainly wasn't bad. He's ahead of whittaker at right back for me anyway.

Sadly, every player is practically ahead of Whittaker in what ever area of the park you care to name.

I still can't believe we gave him a 3 year deal.

He must have been laughing all the way to the bank with his agent

givescotlandfreedom
06-12-2018, 12:39 AM
I felt he was bullied a bit easily and his booking could have been a silly red.

The_Horde
06-12-2018, 01:40 AM
I felt he was bullied a bit easily and his booking could have been a silly red.

His booking was nowhere near a red.

California-Hibs
06-12-2018, 02:24 AM
Meh.

BSEJVT
06-12-2018, 05:26 AM
Too early to judge

But looked very timid to me with absolutely no physical presence

Can clearly pass a ball and didn't give it away too often but given his pedigree I had hoped for more

If Gray isn't fit I would persist as for that matter I would have with Nelom, Lewis looks to me as though he has lost all confidence and his use of the ball just now which had improved significantly is poor once again.

JimBHibees
06-12-2018, 05:29 AM
I thought he did ok, given that most around him were below par, and as it was his first ever game in Scottish Premier League.

Agree with that thought for his debut and first game for a while slotted in well and gave us decent width. Not sure defensively as didnt look too quick however thought he was one of our steadier performers.

neil7908
06-12-2018, 06:39 AM

Yup. He didn't look any better or worse than anyone else out there. Certainly didn't look worse than Lewis if you are basing a decision only on last night.

We were just really poor and its going to be tough for a right back to come from abroad, with very little match sharpness and change all that.

He (and the team overall) looked much better after Slivka came on. Towards the end of the second half him, Slivka and Boyle began linking up and that was where all of our threat came from.

andybev1
06-12-2018, 08:54 AM
Mavrias was excellent the second half last night - great balls up the wing to boyle and some great runs. Unless it is a debut one off, if he can do that week in week out I hope we sign him.

allezsauzee
06-12-2018, 09:02 AM
Mavrias was excellent the second half last night - great balls up the wing to boyle and some great runs. Unless it is a debut one off, if he can do that week in week out I hope we sign him.

Thought he was pretty good in the first half too after the first 10 minutes. Comfortable on the ball , rarely gives it away. The problem was wasn't really much happening in front of him for him to play passes into. Think he'd be most effective as a wing back in a 3-5-2.

California-Hibs
06-12-2018, 09:14 AM

Incredible how people can see things so differently...the beauty of opinions I guess.

MrRobot
06-12-2018, 10:30 AM
Thought he grew aas th game went on and linked up on the right quite well. His passing and movement was quite good towards the end.

pacoluna
06-12-2018, 10:35 AM
Thought he grew aas th game went on and linked up on the right quite well. His passing and movement was quite good towards the end.

All our attacking threats came from the right side. Definitely pass marks for me.

pacoluna
06-12-2018, 10:38 AM
Yup. He didn't look any better or worse than anyone else out there. Certainly didn't look worse than Lewis if you are basing a decision only on last night.

We were just really poor and its going to be tough for a right back to come from abroad, with very little match sharpness and change all that.

He (and the team overall) looked much better after Slivka came on. Towards the end of the second half him, Slivka and Boyle began linking up and that was where all of our threat came from.
Stevenson's back pass to Bogdan in the 94th minute summed up his game, offered absolutely nothing going forward, the opposite from mavrais. Don't understand why nelom was dropped!

hibee_girl
06-12-2018, 10:43 AM
Stevenson's back pass to Bogdan in the 94th minute summed up his game, offered absolutely nothing going forward, the opposite from mavrais. Don't understand why nelom was dropped!

That’s just nonsense.

Yes he shouldn’t have played it back at that point but to say he offered nothing going forward is just wrong. He played in plenty of decent crosses last night, got zero support from Horgan and I’m guessing you missed his chance where he nearly scored and we got a corner from the resulting save the keeper made?

MrRobot
06-12-2018, 10:47 AM
That’s just nonsense.

Yes he shouldn’t have played it back at that point but to say he offered nothing going forward is just wrong. He played in plenty of decent crosses last night, got zero support from Horgan and I’m guessing you missed his chance where he nearly scored and we got a corner from the resulting save the keeper made?

Was also his cross that led to Kamberi missing what seemed an easy header which Horgan couldnt then pounce on.

Too easy to blame Stevenson, wasn't his best game but he certainly wasnt the worst. His backpass was very poor though.

pacoluna
06-12-2018, 11:20 AM
That’s just nonsense.

To many times he had the opportunity to reach the byline via a counter attack but instead slowed down the play with making a pass inside,the transition from defense to attack particularly with Stevenson imo is just far to slow.

Allant1981
06-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Didn't think he was that great to be honest and if/when Gray is fit he won't get a game, seems quite slow but that might just be lack of matches, looked like he was almost foul throwing the ball every time he had it as well, not much of a big deal but could cause issues

Scouse Hibee
06-12-2018, 05:44 PM
He was awful in the first half, slightly better in the second which given his first half it wasn’t difficult to improve.
It certainly reminds you how good Gray actually is.

Iggy Pope
06-12-2018, 06:34 PM
That’s just nonsense.

I have to admit that when Lewis knocked that one back to Bogdan in injury time it was too much for me after a deeply frustrating night. He’s not been playing any better than any of the rest of them really and the true legendary status he has earned doesn’t make him infallible. Reverting to criticism of Horgan because the wee fellah is getting it tight is desperate in my opinion.

Coupled with Mavrias also clearly not being the quickest to the byline reduced our threat from the flanks considerably.
Parker spoke of the wide men not doing their jobs. Well, there were four Hibs wide men involved for close to 90mins last night. None of them beyond criticism I’m afraid, including Boyle and his petulant wee kick away when we were trying to get some momentum which also got my piss boiling!

weecounty hibby
06-12-2018, 06:56 PM
He was average, no more no less. No improvement on Sir David or Whitty even. Didn’t look particularly quick or physical and didn’t seem too keen to get forward. We need better than him based on that display in my opinion.

MWHIBBIES
06-12-2018, 07:14 PM
He was average, no more no less. No improvement on Sir David or Whitty even. Didn’t look particularly quick or physical and didn’t seem too keen to get forward. We need better than him based on that display in my opinion.
One game, his first in months. A little patience needed. Gray has had worse games than that.

weecounty hibby
06-12-2018, 07:16 PM
One game, his first in months. A little patience needed. Gray has had worse games than that.

I did say based on that performance. He may improve, who knows.

The_Horde
06-12-2018, 07:55 PM
That’s just nonsense.

Thought that was the correct option as he had 2 charging right at him.

My_Wife_Camille
07-12-2018, 08:07 AM
Thought that was the correct option as he had 2 charging right at him.
It was absolutely the right option. Yes, Lewis was only about 35 yards from goal but he was also our further player back. No more than 10 seconds later the ball broke at the edge of our box and the St Mirren player cleared it to Hammill who was through 2 on 1 with the keeper but luckily the ref blew for full time. If Lewis was to try and force the ball through and St Mirren had managed to break it would have been game over. It was far too big a risk to take for the sake of getting the ball in 2 or 3 seconds earlier.