PDA

View Full Version : Seems an age ago already...

IWasThere2016
04-12-2018, 02:49 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/three-things-we-learned-from-hibs-6-0-hamilton-1-4811126?12

Smartie
04-12-2018, 04:18 PM
So the three things were -

Mark Milligan has been a shrewd signing.
Hibs have strength in depth.
Goals are coming from all over the park.

What three things have the games since the Hamilton one told us?

Mark Milligan can't do it all on his own. He's battled away but has more than he can cope with currently resting on his shoulders.
Hibs have little depth to allow for loss of form and injuries, and have gaping chasms in certain areas.
The goals have dried up from all areas of the park.

The bottom line, as we all know, is that the midfield isn't working. Get that right and the rest of the team will sort itself out.

SRHibs
04-12-2018, 05:19 PM
The midfield was working during this game and prior to it. Even in the games we weren’t necessarily winning, we were absolutely dominating teams in terms of possession and attempts at goal. Really hope we go with 4 at the back when Gray comes back in, and Kamberi as the solitary striker.

BILLYHIBS
04-12-2018, 05:36 PM
The midfield was working during this game and prior to it. Even in the games we weren’t necessarily winning, we were absolutely dominating teams in terms of possession and attempts at goal. Really hope we go with 4 at the back when Gray comes back in, and Kamberi as the solitary striker.
Really need to get Flo and Jamie MAC firing together again at home in games we are expected to dominate and win as we need to start climbing the table and most importantly get our moneys worth out of these two

B.H.F.C
04-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Really need to get Flo and Jamie MAC firing together again at home in games we are expected to dominate and win as we need to start climbing the table and most importantly get our moneys worth out of these two

We need to find a shape that is going to get the best out of what we have.

It’s widely accepted that we don’t want three at the back. If we go with a back four and two wide players MacLaren doesn’t play.

BILLYHIBS
04-12-2018, 06:01 PM
We need to find a shape that is going to get the best out of what we have.

It’s widely accepted that we don’t want three at the back. If we go with a back four and two wide players MacLaren doesn’t play.
Says who?
Based on Saturdays lineup anyone can play anywhere we might decide to go with six attackers because we are at home( if we had them?).
GPs prematch conference hints we are going to go for it
There is no set team or formation we have never played the same team formation two games in a row so far this season for one reason or another
Jamie needs games we need goals
Who knows?
Anything can happen
Let’s see what happens

AgentDaleCooper
04-12-2018, 07:41 PM
a crucial aspect to this game IMO was hyndman turning up, which allowed mallan to do what he's good at, and took the pressure off milligan.

MWHIBBIES
04-12-2018, 07:42 PM
Have we started that team since?

AgentDaleCooper
04-12-2018, 07:51 PM
Have we started that team since?

since then we've had several disruptions - hanlon and gray getting injured, kamberi was suspended against st johnstone, and i think this period meant we had to mess about with the formation, which unsettled things and maybe became a weird habit or something...

this was the formation that made sense though. midfield diamond with boyle and kamberi up top.

SChibs
04-12-2018, 09:15 PM
a crucial aspect to this game IMO was hyndman turning up, which allowed mallan to do what he's good at, and took the pressure off milligan.

No surprise we have lost form when he has been out the team. He links the midfield to attack and is comfortable in possession.

angus hibby
04-12-2018, 10:14 PM
since then we've had several disruptions - hanlon and gray getting injured, kamberi was suspended against st johnstone, and i think this period meant we had to mess about with the formation, which unsettled things and maybe became a weird habit or something...

this was the formation that made sense though. midfield diamond with boyle and kamberi up top.

I really hope we give up on Boyle playing as a striker.

BILLYHIBS
04-12-2018, 10:18 PM
I really hope we give up on Boyle playing as a striker.

This

Stuart93
04-12-2018, 10:19 PM
We need Allan

He got the best out of Maclaren & Kamberi

BILLYHIBS
04-12-2018, 10:42 PM
We need Allan

He got the best out of Maclaren & Kamberi

Sad to say that ship might have sailed

MWHIBBIES
04-12-2018, 11:05 PM

The midfield was the strong point, Boyle as a striker is part of the problem.

monktonharp
05-12-2018, 12:30 AM
I really hope we give up on Boyle playing as a striker.he is not a striker, for sure. I was surprised that Lennnon did not move him our right against Killie until after the 2nd floodlight disaster. and even then we saw fleeting glimpse of him in his best position. Kamberri, well 'nuff sid about his recent performances.

BILLYHIBS
05-12-2018, 07:20 AM
Starting to get frustrated at watching Kamberi hobbling aboot upfront on his own nowhere near his best no longer the player we all knew and loved

The humane thing would be to sign another striker in January and put him in for his knee op to avoid the risk of any further long term damage

MWHIBBIES
05-12-2018, 07:28 AM
I really don't get the crap Kamberi is getting. He was fantastic last season and earlier this when we were playing football. He's clearly trying and actually making some nice touches and flicks despite us walloping it at him like he's the neighbors wall.

He isn't a target man despite being tall. Give it to his feet and for him to run on to. And for god sake, give him a striker to be his partner. Not Boyle.

BILLYHIBS
05-12-2018, 07:32 AM
I really don't get the crap Kamberi is getting. He was fantastic last season and earlier this when we were playing football. He's clearly trying and actually making some nice touches and flicks despite us walloping it at him like he's the neighbors wall.

He isn't a target man despite being tall. Give it to his feet and for him to run on to. And for god sake, give him a striker to be his partner. Not Boyle.

Agree Boyle on the right Flo and Jamie MAC upfront but still insist Kamberi not fully fit not doing himself and the team justice and must be getting injections before every game

MWHIBBIES
05-12-2018, 07:34 AM
Agree Boyle on the right Flo and Jamie MAC upfront but still insist Kamberi not fully fit not doing himself and the team justice and must be getting injections before every game

I'll leave that to our doctors and physios. The professionals.

BILLYHIBS
05-12-2018, 07:37 AM
I'll leave that to our doctors and physios. The professionals.

Agree hope they see sense

MWHIBBIES
05-12-2018, 07:39 AM
Agree hope they see sense

Eh, what I mean is they know what they're doing right now. It's not about seeing sense. They've chosen a choice of action and will be monitoring it. They know much better than us.

BILLYHIBS
05-12-2018, 07:41 AM
Eh, what I mean is they know what they're doing right now. It's not about seeing sense. They've chosen a choice of action and will be monitoring it. They know much better than us.

I knew what you meant