PDA

View Full Version : Agyepong

Lago
04-12-2018, 01:19 PM
Apparently injured against Dundee with thigh strain & Lennon talking to Man City as to whether to continue loan. Expected to be out for remainder of Dec.

DaveF
04-12-2018, 01:22 PM
Just send him on his way. Seems incapable of getting fit so is really no use to us at all.

bingo70
04-12-2018, 01:23 PM
Apparently injured against Dundee with thigh strain & Lennon talking to Man City as to whether to continue loan. Expected to be out for remainder of Dec.

He looked absolutely gutted when he got taken off against Dundee.

Such a shame for him but i think it's probably for the best if we looked into cancelling this loan and tried to get someone else.

calumhibee1
04-12-2018, 01:23 PM
Just send him on his way. Seems incapable of getting fit so is really no use to us at all.

Yup. Looks a half decent player but he’s not going to be any use to us by the looks of things so may aswell send him back if we can.

Lago
04-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Yup. Looks a half decent player but he’s not going to be any use to us by the looks of things so may aswell send him back if we can.
Apparently loan can be reviewed in Jan can't see him being here after that.

cabbageandribs1875
04-12-2018, 01:27 PM
has to be moved on to make way for our injured/permit-seeking january signings

MWHIBBIES
04-12-2018, 01:49 PM

Really no need for this level of harshness. He's a young lad who's career could be ruined if this continues. Similar things were said about McGeouch. ''get rid'' ''no use'' etc.

Even Barker had a few problems but he proved his worth in the 2nd half of the season. Could be worth keeping Agyepong around.

The_Horde
04-12-2018, 01:49 PM
Can't afford to have someone of his quality sitting in the stand, unfortunately.

Real shame because he's a talent for sure. And rapid too!

Diclonius
04-12-2018, 01:50 PM
We need as many people in the squad who are as capable of playing as possible, would be best to cancel the loan. He'll be more gutted than we are.

DaveF
04-12-2018, 01:56 PM
Really no need for this level of harshness. He's a young lad who's career could be ruined if this continues. Similar things were said about McGeouch. ''get rid'' ''no use'' etc.

Even Barker had a few problems but he proved his worth in the 2nd half of the season. Could be worth keeping Agyepong around.

You are reading way too much into something I quickly typed while on my phone. Relax a bit.

MWHIBBIES
04-12-2018, 02:01 PM
You are reading way too much into something I quickly typed while on my phone. Relax a bit.Perfectly relaxed :aok:

Smartie
04-12-2018, 02:07 PM
He's an outstanding talent, but his injury record must be of concern to him.

I think he should go back to Man City and benefit from what must surely be World Class facilities.

Only once he's fully recovered (I'm not convinced he should have been playing for us at all) should he be playing first team football again for someone.

Great lad, and with the right management could go on to be an absolutely magnificent player.

Brooster
04-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Send him back and get someone in who can contribute. Harsh but absolutely the right thing to do.

Greenbeard
04-12-2018, 02:10 PM
Have really liked what I have seen - and by jeez we could do with some of his spark and energy just now - but clearly keeping him here is a risk that will be getting a full evaluation and I suspect his peg is very shaky. Is it just a run of bad luck or is there a fundamental flaw in his background physical competencies? You'd think someone coming from Man City who signed for them in 2015 would have a good solid physical development through strength & conditioning work which is as much about injury prevention as it is about power and performance. Even allowing for his loan spells, you'd think Man City as his parent club would be keeping tabs on that while he was away.
Trust in the Hibs background staff to make the right recommendation to the boss.

Ozyhibby
04-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Not a criticism of the lad himself as he looks decent but because of failures in recruitment elsewhere we need to buy a couple of midfielders who can tackle and freeing up his wage may be the only way to do it.
Hyndman has to go as well as there is no chance of moving Milligan or Horgan on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mentalhibee
04-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Hope he can get fit as he has looked quality when he has played. Feel for him, must be very frustrating picking up injuries season after season.

MWHIBBIES
04-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Not a criticism of the lad himself as he looks decent but because of failures in recruitment elsewhere we need to buy a couple of midfielders who can tackle and freeing up his wage may be the only way to do it.
Hyndman has to go as well as there is no chance of moving Milligan or Horgan on.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHyndman doesn't have to go anywhere. You have no idea how much Hibs can afford to spend, we might not need to move anyone on. We might not be paying any of Hyndmans wages. Hyndmans loan is up in January anyway. If Lennon wants to keep him then we should try.

Brightside
04-12-2018, 02:40 PM

Hyndman goes in Jan anyway. Are you suggesting you want to move Horgan and Milligan on? After a couple of poor games?

Ozyhibby
04-12-2018, 02:41 PM
Hyndman doesn't have to go anywhere. You have no idea how much Hibs can afford to spend, we might not need to move anyone on. We might not be paying any of Hyndmans wages. Hyndmans loan is up in January anyway. If Lennon wants to keep him then we should try.

If we can afford it then fine but we do need to sign a couple of ball winning midfielders. I only picked those two because they were the easiest to move on if money was a factor.

Centre Hawf
04-12-2018, 02:43 PM
I think we just cancel this one to be honest and look elsewhere. Same with Hyndman in that we don’t renew

Ozyhibby
04-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Hyndman goes in Jan anyway. Are you suggesting you want to move Horgan and Milligan on? After a couple of poor games?

Milligan yes. He’s miles off the pace which is not surprising given his age.
Especially as he is away for all of January anyway. Looking like a very bad signing already.

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2018, 02:53 PM
He's looked decent even dare i say it quite good when he played, but he's just never fit.

Depending on what wages we are paying its a difficult one.

We could be paying nothing towards his wage, and if so its a no brainer to keep him, but if we are paying him a decent wage by our standards, then its probably best we send him back and get someone who is a bit more reliable.

He did have a poor injury record before he arrived at Easter Road.

Centre Hawf
04-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Especially as he is away for all of January anyway. Looking like a very bad signing already.

I think it was no surpise that our half decent run of not conceding for about 4 and a half games coincided with him making his debut and then finished when we moved him about to centre half etc. He has his place in the squad and the more we faff about with him position wise the less we’ll get out of him at 33.

MWHIBBIES
04-12-2018, 03:00 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLooked an excellent signing after 5 games. 5 more and he's very bad. Why judge one way and not the other? No one has been good recently.

Billy Whizz
04-12-2018, 03:03 PM
I think Agyepong is a cracking wee player, but he’s got a history of long term injuries. Big decision to make, do we keep him and risk him breaking down again, or do we try and get another winger

I’d take the risk, if we think we can get something out of him in January

Paisley Hibby
04-12-2018, 03:08 PM

But but but...I'm sure I read on here a few weeks ago that he was a brilliant signing and eg strolled through the game at Tynecastle. It was too early to come to that view then and it's still too early to come to the opposite view now. We've had loads of injuries late starts (due to work permit issues) and too many breaks (due to cup games and international weekends). Once Milligan and the rest of our squad get a decent run of games with a settled line up I'm confident we'll turn things round.

AK86
04-12-2018, 03:15 PM
Id send him on his way. Even before he got injured against Dundee , he was blowing out his backside after about 5 mins, after a couple of sprints , hands on knees not following the play.
Showed a few tricks and pace, but I can't recall anything actually coming from him.

R'Albin
04-12-2018, 03:21 PM

I think he'd be excellent if our midfield was actually balanced. We don't have enough energy in the middle of the pitch and it's particularly glaring because we previously had McGinn in there.

I never saw the game on Saturday but I find it difficult to criticise the players for it. That lineup was a shambles.

Brightside
04-12-2018, 03:26 PM
I think he'd be excellent if our midfield was actually balanced. We don't have enough energy in the middle of the pitch and it's particularly glaring because we previously had McGinn in there.

I never saw the game on Saturday but I find it difficult to criticise the players for it. That lineup was a shambles.

i think he was playing in the back 6 on Saturday.

Smartie
04-12-2018, 03:30 PM
Have really liked what I have seen - and by jeez we could do with some of his spark and energy just now - but clearly keeping him here is a risk that will be getting a full evaluation and I suspect his peg is very shaky. Is it just a run of bad luck or is there a fundamental flaw in his background physical competencies? You'd think someone coming from Man City who signed for them in 2015 would have a good solid physical development through strength & conditioning work which is as much about injury prevention as it is about power and performance. Even allowing for his loan spells, you'd think Man City as his parent club would be keeping tabs on that while he was away.
Trust in the Hibs background staff to make the right recommendation to the boss.

Funny you mention this.

I take a passing interest in Sunderland, and they parted company with Jack Rodwell in the summer.

Rodwell cost them north of £10m and was on wages of £70k per week. He'd looked the part at Everton early in his career and has 3 England caps - he wouldn't have won those if he didn't have something about him.

Anyway, he arrived at Sunderland in dreadful shape and was a staggering waste of money. They reckon that a lot of his conditioning work had been all wrong prior to joining them, and that he was injury-prone and essentially finished by the time he pitched up there. He had muscle imbalances and hamstrings that went very easily indeed.

They came to an agreement over the rest of his contract in the summer after a season that saw him appear in the first team twice as they were relegated from the Championship. Nobody ever really knew what was up with him, if he was fit or if he was injured or if he just didn't want to play. He'd often do fine in training, "break down" on the Friday and then be unavailable for games at the weekend. Eventually they just kept him away from the rest of the players.

He's now at Blackburn and has made a handful of appearances. He is intent on telling everyone he is a centre-half an pretty much refuses to play midfield (the position where he made his name and played all of his senior games up until this season) due to the physical pressure it puts on him, causing him to constantly break down.

Not sure any of this is of any relevance, but I just thought that it was interesting that here we have another very talented, young, Man City player (current or former) who seems to break down with hamstring problems every time he plays a match.

Billy Whizz
04-12-2018, 03:34 PM
To be fair Smartie, Barker and Agyepong both have hamstring issues due to their acceleration and speed. Though you’d think City with all their resources, would be able to identify and strengthen the players injuries, seemingly not though

Smartie
04-12-2018, 03:36 PM
To be fair Smartie, Barker and Agyepong both have hamstring issues due to their acceleration and speed. Though you’d think City with all their resources, would be able to identify and strengthen the players injuries, seemingly not though

It seems to often go hand in hand with lightning pace.

Michael Owen had similar problems.

I wonder why some players seem to be so susceptible to this?

Billy Whizz
04-12-2018, 03:40 PM

It’s a great point. Boyle has lightning pace, sufferers occasionally with hamstring injuries, but nothing like Brandon and Tom
Trying to remember if Ivan suffered much with this sort of injury

lord bunberry
04-12-2018, 03:43 PM
He's looked decent even dare i say it quite good when he played, but he's just never fit.

We could be paying nothing towards his wage, and if so its a no brainer to keep him, but if we are paying him a decent wage by our standards, then its probably best we send him back and get someone who is a bit more reliable.

That’s where I am. If he’s not costing us anything then we should keep him as he’s looked really exciting when he’s played.

silverhibee
04-12-2018, 03:49 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if we don't pay anything for these type of loan deals from the big clubs, they need these type of players out on loan so they can boost the squad with £20m players, sure I read somewhere that Chelsea let there loan players go to clubs for nothing, we probably put them up in good digs.

Ozyhibby
04-12-2018, 03:54 PM

Usually it’s a case of their hamstrings doing too much of the work when they are sprinting. Some time in the gym strengthening the rest of their posterior chain (glutes, lower back etc) usually helps.

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2018, 04:01 PM

The thing about those two players you mention is, they are never at Man City, they are always out on loan somewhere, and City will be relying on the clubs they are at to do the work for them.

Billy Whizz
04-12-2018, 04:07 PM
The thing about those two players you mention is, they are never at Man City, they are always out on loan somewhere, and City will be relying on the clubs they are at to do the work for them.

BH, but they are always sent back to City for treatment when there injured. You’d think with all the money at their disposable, they’ve be able to get to the bottom of the players injuries.

They won’t get much of a transfer fee when they sell them, if they are always out injured. Very much in city’s interests too.

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2018, 04:15 PM
BH, but they are always sent back to City for treatment when there injured. You’d think with all the money at their disposable, they’ve be able to get to the bottom of the players injuries.

They won’t get much of a transfer fee when they sell them, if they are always out injured. Very much in city’s interests too.

Thats true Billy, but once fit they are farmed out to do the same again.

Like you, you'd think they could get to the bottom of these injuries, although as you said quick players do get these injuries more than the others.

I dont think some of the players these big clubs have are ever going to play for them, its a money making exercise to fiddle the fair play thing, im not sure these clubs give much thoughts to players like Barker and Aygepong.

Billy Whizz
04-12-2018, 04:19 PM

Like you, you'd think they could get to the bottom of these injuries, although as you said quick players do get these injuries more than the others.

I dont think some of the players these big clubs have are ever going to play for them, its a money making exercise to fiddle the fair play thing, im not sure these clubs give much thoughts to players like Barker and Aygepong.

Can’t disagree with your last paragraph

Edit
Meant to add, the sooner FIFA sort out the situation of clubs like City/Chelsea hoovering up the best young talent, the better

hibbysam
04-12-2018, 04:23 PM

Less than two months ago you described him as follows "He’s the main man in that team. He’s been excellent since he signed."

As soon as a poor few games come along the age situation gets trawled out again. The fact Allan McGregor, Scott Brown, Berra, Lafferty et al are all beyond 30, Scott Sinclair is 30 in January, and would all walk into our side and improve it then it shows being over 30 means heehaw in this league.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
04-12-2018, 04:29 PM

Were not a charity, and we cant afford to be giving a decebt wage to someone who is injured more than fit.

Id cut our losses with this one.

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2018, 04:30 PM
Were not a charity, and we cant afford to be giving a decebt wage to someone who is injured more than fit.

Id cut our losses with this one.

How much are we paying him?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
04-12-2018, 04:32 PM
How much are we paying him?

I dont know, but id guess by our standards, a decent wage of circa 1500 per week with additional amounts.

Im not in the know.

Here’s Lucy!
04-12-2018, 04:34 PM
i think he was playing in the back 6 on Saturday.

Everyone was playing in the back 6 on Saturday! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2018, 04:35 PM
I dont know, but id guess by our standards, a decent wage of circa 1500 per week with additional amounts.

Im not in the know.

Its not unknown in football for clubs like City or Chelsea and the likes, to let some players go out on loan with clubs paying nothing towards their wages.

Now i dont know if thats the case here, but like you i'm just guessing.

Here’s Lucy!
04-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Its not unknown in football for clubs like City or Chelsea and the likes, to let some players go out on loan with clubs paying nothing towards their wages.

I think you're right. Is that not what's happening at Hearts with the Mitchell lad from Man.Utd?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
04-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Its not unknown in football for clubs like City or Chelsea and the likes, to let some players go out on loan with clubs paying nothing towards their wag

Maybe, and if thats the case, then i would keep him.

I just suspect we are paying for him.

Dancehibs
04-12-2018, 04:57 PM

This is a good point. His problem was known to hibs. Lenny referenced that after the game at dens park. Think he start against st Mirren and broke down. At the time I thought he was starting to tire and should have been subbed earlier.

I believe Lenny would like to keep but renegotiate the loan terms

Hi Heid Yin
04-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Hyndman doesn't have to go anywhere. You have no idea how much Hibs can afford to spend, we might not need to move anyone on. We might not be paying any of Hyndmans wages. Hyndmans loan is up in January anyway. If Lennon wants to keep him then we should try.

I would be very concerned if Neil Lennon wanted to keep Hyndeman on.
Sorry, but the lad has done next to nothing since his arrival.
The odd wee nice touch here and there is all very well but that is the bare minimum one could expect from a professional football player.
We need to get players in who will contribute far, far more and influence and impact games regularly.

GreenArmyyy!
04-12-2018, 05:02 PM
Get rid of him and Hyndman ASAP. The way I see it is Agyepong should never have been signed given his injury record and a Hyndman was an emergency signing for Europe when McGinn left.

Neither have proven to be good enough.

brog
04-12-2018, 05:16 PM

You could add Patrick Roberts to the list as well.

Sir David Gray
04-12-2018, 07:51 PM
The guy's clearly talented but he appears to have serious injury problems. We can't really afford to have loan players who are sitting in the stand every week because they are injured.

I hope he gets to the bottom of his fitness concerns but I think it's for the best if we end the loan deal.

hfc rd
04-12-2018, 08:11 PM
The guy's clearly talented but he appears to have serious injury problems. We can't really afford to have loan players who are sitting in the stand every week because they are injured.

I hope he gets to the bottom of his fitness concerns but I think it's for the best if we end the loan deal.

Agree. Good player but very injury prone. Best we end it and bring in someone that is going to add something to the team and not be sitting injured in the stands all the time.

Lago
04-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Agree. Good player but very injury prone. Best we end it and bring in someone that is going to add something to the team and not be sitting injured in the stands all the time.

Yip Hibs can't afford to carry passengers.