Boyle
Slivka
Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

hibsbollah
03-12-2018, 10:51 PM
As long as we stick seven defenders in random positions I'm sure all will be well.

Unseen work
03-12-2018, 11:15 PM
......................Bogdan...........

Gray.....Ambrose.....Porteous....Nelom..

..............Milligan.....Bartley...........

Boyle.............Mallan.............Horgan....

......................Kamberi.......

Hanlon and McGregor have both been making very poor mistakes that have lead to goals lately. Porteous is performing well, improving and a much bigger goal threat.

Nelom was linking up very well with Horgan and is quite quick on the ball with only taking 1 or 2 touches.

Bartley and Milligan to toughen things up a bit and stop us getting over run in midfield. Conceding far too many slack goals

Horgan is always a threat and always creates a chance. Him and Boyle should be high up the pitch pinning teams back and helping Flo.

Mallan can create and score the further forward he is playing. Played some brilliant through balls against Kilmarnock.

HTD1875
03-12-2018, 11:16 PM
Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose
Porteous
Mackie

Bartley
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

People may laugh at that midfield but the lack of energy the past month or so has been chronic. Hanlon doesn’t look ready at all been a total liability since he came back.

Speedway
04-12-2018, 01:06 AM
Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
McGregor
Stevenson

Bartley
Mavrias
Slivka
Horgan

Maclaren
Kamberi

EH54
04-12-2018, 06:22 AM
Forget width, get as many body's in the middle of the park and fight like buggery. And the mad idea of 2 upfront incase things do happen to break in the box, may aswell throw out poacher in.

--------------------Bogdan----------------------

----Gray--Ambrose--Hanlon--Stevenson----

--------------------Milligan--------------------------

--------------Slivka------Mallan-------------------

---------------------Boyle-------------------------

--------------Kamberi--Maclaren----------------

gray is the key as he bombs on. If he doesn't make it, just throw Whittaker or Harry the Greek in. Wouldn't be dissapointed if Porteous started over Hanlon, just want paul to get his mojo back, and adds balance.

skyhibs
04-12-2018, 06:39 AM
Forget width, get as many body's in the middle of the park and fight like buggery. And the mad idea of 2 upfront incase things do happen to break in the box, may aswell throw out poacher in.

gray is the key as he bombs on. If he doesn't make it, just throw Whittaker or Harry the Greek in. Wouldn't be dissapointed if Porteous started over Hanlon, just want paul to get his mojo back, and adds balance.

Liking the look off this team against all others above... Horgan is murder and I think Slivka needs to play too.. also 2 up front at home to a team like st midden

calumhibee1
04-12-2018, 06:42 AM
I’d go 4-5-1.

Bogdan

Gray (if fit)
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

I’d also go with that.

lyonhibs
04-12-2018, 07:03 AM

"Forget width, pack the middle of the park and fight like buggery"
:confused:

Sorry, thought I'd stumbled onto Kickback there.

As 4-5-2 isn't an option, the OP formation is the one to go for. Get Mallan out of the CM stramash and finding space in-between the lines

flash
04-12-2018, 07:27 AM
Liking the look off this team against all others above... Horgan is murder and I think Slivka needs to play too.. also 2 up front at home to a team like st midden

Horgan was the one doing all the creating on Saturday so find your comments a little strange.

Heisenberg
04-12-2018, 07:33 AM
Horgan was the one doing all the creating on Saturday so find your comments a little strange.

I can’t believe the hard time he’s been getting compared to the likes of Boyle/Kamberi who have done even less than him in the last few weeks.

danhibees1875
04-12-2018, 07:34 AM
I’d go 4-5-1.

Bogdan

Gray (if fit)
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

I was going to pick 4-3-3 but the same personel so pretty much the same. :agree:

Shame to leave out Porteous though, so if SDG isn't fit enough to start then Ambrose RB and Porteous in at CB.

Halmyre Hibee
04-12-2018, 07:35 AM
Whatever the line up tonight let’s give them our support and hopefully things will fall into place. If we moan and groan if there’s a few misplaced passes etc it will probably get to some players who may already be low in confidence. It’s been a crap run of form and tonight may be the turning point to another positive run of form. GGTTH. 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

RossScott1991
04-12-2018, 07:35 AM
Bogdan
Gray Mcgregor Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Whittaker Milligan Nelom
Ambrose H.Mavrias

Really see goals in this team :)

Heisenberg
04-12-2018, 07:39 AM
I’d go 4-5-1.

Bogdan

Gray (if fit)
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

Pretty close to what i’d go for. Porteous in ahead of Hanlon and if Gray isn’t fit i’d play Mavrias or even Ambrose at right back and bring in Hanlon.

Lennon surely has to ditch three at the back.

Scouse Hibee
04-12-2018, 07:44 AM
Whatever the line up tonight let’s give them our support and hopefully things will fall into place. If we moan and groan if there’s a few misplaced passes etc it will probably get to some players who may already be low in confidence. It’s been a crap run of form and tonight may be the turning point to another positive run of form. GGTTH. 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

It’s tomorrow night.

skyhibs
04-12-2018, 07:57 AM

I wasn’t at the killie game and couldn’t face watching it... I have seen 1 no bad game from him.. I do admit he tries and doesn’t hide but to be honest I think he brings little to the team

eastterrace
04-12-2018, 09:08 AM
It’s tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

07BigD
04-12-2018, 09:30 AM
For me Horgan is better out on the wing but I don't seem to recall him getting many opportunities to do so with the bat**** amount of different formations we play.

I'm hoping for a formation tomorrow evening that has players in their natural position throughout the team.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

EH54
04-12-2018, 09:56 AM
"Forget width, pack the middle of the park and fight like buggery"
:confused:

Sorry, thought I'd stumbled onto Kickback there.

As 4-5-2 isn't an option, the OP formation is the one to go for. Get Mallan out of the CM stramash and finding space in-between the lines

When things aren't going your way and your really not playing like a good side it's time to roll the sleeves up and dig in. We played this sort of formation against Hamilton and destroyed them. The Midfield need as much help as they can get. Boyle to have pretty much a free role but help out midfield when defending. Full backs to give us width when required. When we play wingers the final ball is generally poor anyway.

Halmyre Hibee
04-12-2018, 10:27 AM
It’s tomorrow night.

I know just can't wait for the game :wink:.

Smartie
04-12-2018, 10:38 AM
Bogdan
Gray Mcgregor Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Whittaker Milligan Nelom
Ambrose H.Mavrias

Really see goals in this team :)

Yup, I think that's a team that will guarantee lots of St Mirren goals.

I like the one near the top with Stevenson in midfield, only I'd play Nelom at LB instead of Mackie. It keeps all of our strongest players in, playing their best positions and at least attempts to address the leaky and static midfield.

Smartie
04-12-2018, 10:40 AM
When things aren't going your way and your really not playing like a good side it's time to roll the sleeves up and dig in. We played this sort of formation against Hamilton and destroyed them. The Midfield need as much help as they can get. Boyle to have pretty much a free role but help out midfield when defending. Full backs to give us width when required. When we play wingers the final ball is generally poor anyway.

Horgan has a decent final ball, Boyle's has improved.

The problem we normally have with playing wingers is that we normally end up short of strikers in the box for them to hit. If we were to play wingers, the "other winger" would need to be instructed to break his neck to get into the box when we had the ball in a decent position out wide.

Alex Trager
04-12-2018, 11:08 AM
Rocky

Gray
Hanlon
Efe
Stevenson

Boyle
Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

JMac
Flo

Diamond in midfield. Mallan behind the strikers. Milligan in front of the defence.

jacomo
04-12-2018, 11:11 AM
......................Bogdan...........

Gray.....Ambrose.....Porteous....Nelom..

..............Milligan.....Bartley...........

Boyle.............Mallan.............Horgan....

......................Kamberi.......

Hanlon and McGregor have both been making very poor mistakes that have lead to goals lately. Porteous is performing well, improving and a much bigger goal threat.

Nelom was linking up very well with Horgan and is quite quick on the ball with only taking 1 or 2 touches.

Bartley and Milligan to toughen things up a bit and stop us getting over run in midfield. Conceding far too many slack goals

Horgan is always a threat and always creates a chance. Him and Boyle should be high up the pitch pinning teams back and helping Flo.

Mallan can create and score the further forward he is playing. Played some brilliant through balls against Kilmarnock.

Lewis is the first name on the team sheet. Obvs.

SirDavidsNapper
04-12-2018, 11:12 AM
I just hope the players have been told in no uncertain terms that anything other than 3 points is completely unacceptable. Im sure they have.

Smartie
04-12-2018, 12:18 PM
Lewis is the first name on the team sheet. Obvs.

Lewis is one of the few who has continued to perform at his usual standard throughout our dip, so it was unusual to see him drop out at the weekend.

I suppose we had an alternative in his position so it was worth seeing what he could do.

Rather than sitting in the stand, I'd be using Lewis' attributes elsewhere in the team right now.

I suppose it looks to be a tough month though and I can see everyone getting a shot, and everyone getting a rest at some point.

BILLYHIBS
04-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Horgan has a decent final ball, Boyle's has improved.

The problem we normally have with playing wingers is that we normally end up short of strikers in the box for them to hit. If we were to play wingers, the "other winger" would need to be instructed to break his neck to get into the box when we had the ball in a decent position out wide.
Horgans and Boyles final ball must have improved drastically then to me Horgan was always guilty of making the wrong choices not releasing the ball quickly enough being too greedy or passing the ball behind our forwards Boyle simply does not look up Just my opinion but willing to be proved wrong tomorrow night hopefully

calumhibee1
04-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Lewis is one of the few who has continued to perform at his usual standard throughout our dip, so it was unusual to see him drop out at the weekend.

I suppose we had an alternative in his position so it was worth seeing what he could do.

Rather than sitting in the stand, I'd be using Lewis' attributes elsewhere in the team right now.

I suppose it looks to be a tough month though and I can see everyone getting a shot, and everyone getting a rest at some point.

Agree about Lewis. I thought it was madness that one of the only people who’s has remained fairly consistent is taken out.

Lewis, Efe and Bogdan should be the only guaranteed starters right now.

Unseen work
04-12-2018, 12:56 PM
On hibs Tv they said Stevenson was struggling with a cold.

If true, makes it even more bizarre he was subbed on

Smartie
04-12-2018, 01:10 PM
Horgans and Boyles final ball must have improved drastically then to me Horgan was always guilty of making the wrong choices not releasing the ball quickly enough being too greedy or passing the ball behind our forwards Boyle simply does not look up Just my opinion but willing to be proved wrong tomorrow night hopefully

Horgan created one, had another assist ruled out for offside, then had another good ball across the box in the second half against Dundee that nobody got on the end of. From out wide I think his use of the ball is excellent. From the middle of the park is another story. I also thought he improved us drastically on Saturday.

Agree about Lewis. I thought it was madness that one of the only people who’s has remained fairly consistent is taken out.

Lewis, Efe and Bogdan should be the only guaranteed starters right now.

I totally agree that those 3 are the only guaranteed starters.

To be fair to Lewis, by his usual standards that's a very serious injury indeed.

Onceinawhile
04-12-2018, 01:18 PM
Genuinely no idea, can't see who we would play at right back if Gray doesn't make it. Ambrose isn't good enough there, Harry plays further forward, boyle is a wing back at best. Leaves us with Whittaker as the only option and he isn't good enough.

So we probably need to go with three at the back, which means three in midfield, which is pretty much no use as we don't have someone who can play in behind the two strikers.

In short, the squad is lopsided and doesn't have enough quality in important positions to function, so just chuck a bunch of players on the pitch.

calumhibee1
04-12-2018, 01:22 PM
Genuinely no idea, can't see who we would play at right back if Gray doesn't make it. Ambrose isn't good enough there, Harry plays further forward, boyle is a wing back at best. Leaves us with Whittaker as the only option and he isn't good enough.

So we probably need to go with three at the back, which means three in midfield, which is pretty much no use as we don't have someone who can play in behind the two strikers.

In short, the squad is lopsided and doesn't have enough quality in important positions to function, so just chuck a bunch of players on the pitch.

Ambrose can do a job at right back. It’s definitely not his best position but I wouldn’t be majorly worried about having to play him there.

BILLYHIBS
04-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Horgan created one, had another assist ruled out for offside, then had another good ball across the box in the second half against Dundee that nobody got on the end of. From out wide I think his use of the ball is excellent. From the middle of the park is another story. I also thought he improved us drastically on Saturday.

I totally agree that those 3 are the only guaranteed starters.

To be fair to Lewis, by his usual standards that's a very serious injury indeed.
I will have to take your word for it as I missed the Dundee game due to being on holiday Saturday I was hiding behind my sofa like everyone else when I heard the team I am willing to be proved wrong ask me again Thursday 😁

bingo70
04-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Ambrose can do a job at right back. It’s definitely not his best position but I wouldn’t be majorly worried about having to play him there.

I was just about to say something similar. He has been fine for the most part at right back, maybe one or two difficult games but i wouldn't have any worries about playing him in that position.

I'd go with:-

Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon
Lewis

Boyle
Mallan
Milligan
Horgan

Kamberi
Maclaren

Onceinawhile
04-12-2018, 01:31 PM

I think he gets caught out too much there, he tends to drift in field leaving the back post unoccupied. I've not seen much of St Mirren this season, but I can see them being physical and loading the box, so I'd rather have Efe central and not getting lost.

I thought he was fine there against Dundee for the last 15 minutes or so, but that was because we were taking the game to them and he was only expected to attack. I'm not sure that'll be the case tomorrow.

calumhibee1
04-12-2018, 01:32 PM
Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
Bartley
Mallan
Horgan

Flo

If Gray isn’t fit then Efe to RB and either Daz or Porteous into CB.

07BigD
04-12-2018, 01:35 PM
I was just about to say something similar. He has been fine for the most part at right back, maybe one or two difficult games but i wouldn't have any worries about playing him in that position.

I'd go with:-

Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon
Lewis

Boyle
Mallan
Milligan
Horgan

Kamberi
MaclarenEfe is the only one that can do a credible job in the absence of Gray at right back if that's what it takes to get away from three at the back so be it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
04-12-2018, 03:09 PM

----Gray----Ambrose--Hanlon--Stevenson----

------Boyle---------Slivka------Mallan--------------

We need to set up normally with players in their correct positions, take the game to St Mirren and feed the strikers.
We don't have the players in midfield to do any different.

Milligan in the position and role he had when he arrived.
Slivka in his proper central midfield position for his passing, football ability height and strength (i know).
Mallan in the correct position for his right foot shots and passing.
Boyle on the wing to attack the opposition.
As someone said previously I wouldn't be disappointed if Porteous started over Hanlon, just want Paul to play in a balanced backline again. He is also very good with the ball at his feet.

SirDavidsNapper
04-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Gray out again is terrible news. Huge loss to the team.

B.H.F.C
04-12-2018, 06:32 PM
Gray out again is terrible news. Huge loss to the team.

It’s a strange situation with Gray. That’s two months he’s been out now but his injury has never been spoken about as being long term. Who knows when we’ll see him again. And when we do, it probably won’t be long before he is missing again.

Sir David Gray
04-12-2018, 06:38 PM
Bogdan
Stevenson
Porteous
McGregor
Ambrose

Milligan
Mallan
Horgan
Boyle

Maclaren
Kamberi

J-C
04-12-2018, 08:02 PM

Could he not have picked the cold after Saturday.

hfc rd
04-12-2018, 08:08 PM
Gutting to hear SDG is unavailable again tomorrow night. So evident to see that we badly miss his leadership on the park. We really need to get him back sooner rather than later.

Hibees1973
04-12-2018, 08:59 PM
Bogdan

Gray(Mavrias) Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

Milligan

Boyle Mallan Horgan

Kamberi MacLaren

Vital game tomorrow. Surely we can get on the front foot and take the game to St Mirren. Doubtful again if Gray is fit. If he is not I hope Lennon does not mess around with a back three/five again. Just stick Mavrias in. Description of him when he arrived was that he was a right sided defender/midfielder. He has been on the bench last couple of games so he must be fit to play.

Would leave Porteous out. Hanlon has been really poor last couple of games but given him another try (he is in the last chance saloon).

There are plenty of others in really poor form as well (Boyle, MacLaren and Mallan) but can’t think of any other options.

Hope Milligan is over his dizzy spell after being embarrassed by Stewart of Kilmarnock at the weekend.

It is a cliche but tomorrow night is the biggest game of our season so far.

AgentDaleCooper
05-12-2018, 02:47 AM
bogdan

efe porteous hanlon lewis

milligan

slivka mallan hyndman

boyle (in a free role)

kamberi

Winston Ingram
05-12-2018, 05:59 AM
Good to see everyone picking a back 4. I really hope our manager agrees.

theonlywayisup
05-12-2018, 02:54 PM
Why have we got two team v St Mirren threads?

We miss Gray. My team is:

Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
Milligram
Stevenson

Horgan
Mallaig
Slivka
Boyle

Kamberi
Maclaren

ThomasAgyepong
05-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Would personally go with:
Bogdan
Nelom
Porteous
Kevin Waugh
Efe
Bartley
Milligan
Mallan in front of the 2
Horgan
Mavrias
Gullan
4-2-3-1

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 03:07 PM
Would personally go with:
Bogdan
Nelom
Porteous
Kevin Waugh
Efe
Bartley
Milligan
Mallan in front of the 2
Horgan
Mavrias
Gullan
4-2-3-1

That would certainly be out the blue. :greengrin

ThomasAgyepong
05-12-2018, 03:10 PM
That would certainly be out the blue. :greengrin

Indeed. I’ve just replaced the players who haven’t been performing tbh, would maybe boot Mallan out there thinking back on it.

cameronw-hfc
05-12-2018, 03:14 PM
Did daz not get player of the year at the huns playing as a rb? Not my preferred choice but seems we've tried all else.

EH54
05-12-2018, 03:16 PM
Did daz not get player of the year at the huns playing as a rb? Not my preferred choice but seems we've tried all else.

Scored against Raith on our cup run playing at right back. Don't think he's got the legs now though

Hibee87
05-12-2018, 03:17 PM
bogdan

efe porteous hanlon lewis

milligan

slivka mallan hyndman

boyle (in a free role)

kamberi

I wouldn't have Boyle in the 'free' role, id put him on the right and have Mallan there, with slivka in the middle and Horgan in for Hyndman, who I believe is out for whatever reason