PDA

View Full Version : time the players stepped up

chrisski33
03-12-2018, 08:41 AM
Whilst theres been threads about Lennon maybe its time the players stepped up to the mark?

calumhibee1
03-12-2018, 09:18 AM
Whilst theres been threads about Lennon maybe its time the players stepped up to the mark?

Definitely. Guys like Hyndman come with a pedigree that should have him as one of our best players if not one of the best players in the league outwith Celtic yet he’s offered zilch. We’ve also some of our formerly dependable players not performing nearly well enough.

At the same time though there’s too many players playing in roles they’re not comfortable with because we don’t have the players to play critical roles like centre midfield which isn’t helping some of them.

staunchhibby
03-12-2018, 09:38 AM
Totally agree.They have been under performing and time they showed there true form

The 90+2
03-12-2018, 09:39 AM
Maybe it’s time to pick a settled side?

Stuart93
03-12-2018, 10:53 AM

I’d agree but the players who’re picked really need to step up to the mark

Jones28
03-12-2018, 11:06 AM

Agree with this. We started the game with 6 defensive players on the park which is totally unacceptable for me. Bartley not getting a look in over Milligan is biting us on the arse, he's played really well every time he's been in.

Higgy115
03-12-2018, 11:10 AM
Definitely. Guys like Hyndman come with a pedigree that should have him as one of our best players if not one of the best players in the league outwith Celtic yet he’s offered zilch. We’ve also some of our formerly dependable players not performing nearly well enough.

At the same time though there’s too many players playing in roles they’re not comfortable with because we don’t have the players to play critical roles like centre midfield which isn’t helping some of them.

I would disagree re Hyndman, after a slow start i would argue that he was our best player from around the Aberdeen cup game for a few matches until he got injured. I am not suggesting him being missing is the reason for the slump but i am sure that the creativity we are missing is down very much to him not being available.

MacGruber
03-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Agree with this. We started the game with 6 defensive players on the park which is totally unacceptable for me. Bartley not getting a look in over Milligan is biting us on the arse, he's played really well every time he's been in.

7 defensive players plus the goalie... but who's counting ;)

loanheadhibby
03-12-2018, 11:45 AM
7 defensive players plus the goalie... but who's counting ;)

Geez, was it Barcelona away we were playing?

Maybe the players are not good enough to step up.

telford hibbee
03-12-2018, 05:23 PM
Whilst theres been threads about Lennon maybe its time the players stepped up to the mark? I will second that

houstonhibbee
03-12-2018, 06:23 PM
I will second that

what exactly do you want the players to do?

apart from cutting out defensive mistake which are obviously not done on purpose I don't see that there is a lack of conviction.
the problems are team selection, positions and tactics - and that is all down to the coaching

banarc7062
03-12-2018, 06:32 PM

apart from cutting out defensive mistake which are obviously not done on purpose I don't see that there is a lack of conviction.
the problems are team selection, positions and tactics - and that is all down to the coaching

Tend to agree with this comment. Perhaps the manager feels he has prepared the current staff as best he can and maybe feels a new Club may want his services.

Sammy7nil
03-12-2018, 06:36 PM

Maybe play at a tempo from the first whistle get a few more shots away and get them on target :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Onion
03-12-2018, 06:46 PM

Hmm, as long as it not the settled side from Sat :greengrin A winning side would be good to start with.

Famous Fiver
04-12-2018, 03:49 PM
Jamie MacLaren has stepped up.

According to reports we have received £100,000+ from FIFA for his involvement in the World Cup.

Thank you, Jamie.