PDA

View Full Version : Reserve League game v Falkirk (Monday)/ Scottish Youth Cup v Hearts

Billy Whizz
02-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Hibs Development/Reserve side are in action, 2pm KO v falkirk at Oriam on Monday 3rd December. I believe it’s the inside park. Some good young talent at this level
Been a wee while since we played a league game

On Friday night (7th) Hearts play Hibs in the Scottish Youth Cup. It’s a 7.15pm KO at Oriam, on the outside park. Youth Cup is for players born on or after January 2001
Would be nice to get a win over our rivals

Billy Whizz
03-12-2018, 08:56 AM
Giving this a wee bump, if anyone is intending going along

hibbysam
03-12-2018, 09:20 AM
Giving this a wee bump, if anyone is intending going along

Billy, why has the youth cup age been lowered this year?

Billy Whizz
03-12-2018, 09:21 AM
Billy, why has the youth cup age been lowered this year?

Don’t know for sure, but probably because we’ve moved to a reserve league and and under 18 league

Brightside
03-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Id have expected to see a few first teamers that need game time lining up today. None.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2018, 12:38 PM
Game is outside

bingo70
03-12-2018, 12:49 PM
Game is outside

See there's a trialist playing Billy, i'm guessing it's the young lad from down south that was up here a couple of weeks ago?

Billy Whizz
03-12-2018, 12:53 PM
Martin
Donaldson
Mackie
Stirling
Trialist
Waugh
I Murray
Campbell
L Allan
Paton
Gullan

Subs
Dabrowski
Blake
Shanley
O’Conner

Billy Whizz
03-12-2018, 12:53 PM
See there's a trialist playing Billy, i'm guessing it's the young lad from down south that was up here a couple of weeks ago?

It’s someone else and I’m not saying😄

Cod Boy
03-12-2018, 01:04 PM
1.0 hibs

Billy Whizz
03-12-2018, 01:05 PM
1.0 hibs

Paton

bingo70
03-12-2018, 01:05 PM

What a tease :wink:

I'm going to assume it's Anthony Stokes then.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Hibs pretty dominant so far, but still 1-0
Falkirk got 2 trialists playing too

Wilson
03-12-2018, 01:24 PM
Hibs pretty dominant so far, but still 1-0
Falkirk got 2 trialists playing too

Have they got Stokes and the boy we had last week?

Billy Whizz
03-12-2018, 01:37 PM
1-1 Falkirk

Billy Whizz
03-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Hibs down to 10 men, Mackie sent off for 2 quick yellow cards

Famous Fiver
03-12-2018, 03:32 PM
Looks like we are playing against 12 men!!

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2018, 03:56 PM

Spill the beans Billy who was the trialist?

Pretty please 😁

Billy Whizz
03-12-2018, 04:00 PM
Looks like we are playing against 12 men!!

Think I’ve heard that somewhere else before

silverhibee
03-12-2018, 04:02 PM
Think I’ve heard that somewhere else before

Was Lennon in attendance today Billy.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Was Lennon in attendance today Billy.

He was, as was Garry Parker, George Craig, and all the coaches etc as always

Big Marv was in the dugout too, think he’s doing his coaching badges

Ian Murray also watching too, maybe after some loan players from either team

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2018, 04:11 PM

Pretty please 😁👍🏾

EH54
03-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Who's the trilaist then? Is it tommy block?

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2018, 04:45 PM

Spill!

Billy Whizz
03-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Who's the trilaist then? Is it tommy block?

No, just a young centre back

green day
03-12-2018, 04:46 PM

Lord knows, we need one...........

Kinda annoys me that Hearts (for example) lose Berra - who is excellent - and in steps the boy Dunne. How we cant unearth loans like that is beyond me.

Coach Jon
03-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the updates Bill

Danderhall Hibs
03-12-2018, 05:47 PM

Kinda annoys me that Hearts (for example) lose Berra - who is excellent - and in steps the boy Dunne. How we cant unearth loans like that is beyond me.

We didn’t need to borrow one - we produced our own.

green day
03-12-2018, 05:51 PM
We didn’t need to borrow one - we produced our own.

I know Porteous is good, but you dont seriously think we are as well covered in that area as Hearts?

Danderhall Hibs
03-12-2018, 05:57 PM
I know Porteous is good, but you dont seriously think we are as well covered in that area as Hearts?

We have Hanlon, McGregor, Ambrose, Porteous and Milligan.

Seems decent on paper. They’re just not playing very well at the moment.

brog
03-12-2018, 06:00 PM

I think we've used the loan system as well as anyone in recent years. Efe was originally a loan signing & away from centre back, Griffiths, Allan & Kamberi were outstanding loan signings. Despite recent results i believe we're well covered at CB. We just need to play them in their correct positions.

FifeHibs
03-12-2018, 06:01 PM

Is it the young Canadian U20

silverhibee
03-12-2018, 06:02 PM
He was, as was Garry Parker, George Craig, and all the coaches etc as always

Big Marv was in the dugout too, think he’s doing his coaching badges

Ian Murray also watching too, maybe after some loan players from either team

Cheers Bill, is Murray the Airdrie manager nowadays.

green day
03-12-2018, 06:03 PM

Yeah, your probably right - we have a bigger issue at RB if Gray is out as Efe deputises over there (very well) and that leaves a gap at CH.

Clearly the club had thought that Whittacker could fill in at RB, but...................

Then the problem is that Porteous is our best (current form) central defender, and that cant be a good situation as he is just a boy.

Dont know whats going on with Hanlon since his return, usually so reliable.

Danderhall Hibs
03-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Yeah, your probably right - we have a bigger issue at RB if Gray is out as Efe deputises over there (very well) and that leaves a gap at CH.

Clearly the club had thought that Whittacker could fill in at RB, but...................

Then the problem is that Porteous is our best (current form) central defender, and that cant be a good situation as he is just a boy.

And we play 3 of them at a time - if we played a back 4 we’d look well covered at CH.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Cheers Bill, is Murray the Airdrie manager nowadays.

He is, just outside the play offs, so he’ll be looking for them to kick on

brog
03-12-2018, 06:39 PM

I think we've used the loan system as well as anyone in recent years. Efe was originally a loan signing & away from centre back, Griffiths, Allan & Kamberi were outstanding loan signings. Despite recent results i believe we're well covered at CB. We just need to play them in their correct positions.

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2018, 06:44 PM

Dont forget young Porteous at least he is ours so there was no need to recruit a loanee for a position we were well covered for

The_Horde
03-12-2018, 06:56 PM

Porteous made just as many howlers as any of our other defenders on Saturday. Continues to evade criticism somehow.

J-C
03-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Porteous made just as many howlers as any of our other defenders on Saturday. Continues to evade criticism somehow.

That's because he's just 19, a rookie and still learning, guys like him will always make errors, unfortunately Hanlon and McGregor aren't playing that well at the moment so he being thrown in under pressure.

erin go bragh
03-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Be rude not to mention Henderson and Stokes 😜

Bearders
03-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Is it the young Canadian U20

The lad from Toronto is a midfielder.

bingo70
03-12-2018, 08:24 PM
The lad from Toronto is a midfielder.

What lad from Toronto?

Bearders
03-12-2018, 08:26 PM
What lad from Toronto?

The Canadian U20.

bingo70
03-12-2018, 08:29 PM
The Canadian U20.

Cheers

What Canadian u20 player? 😜

I’m surprised I missed this but I’ve not read anything about any Canadian player at Hibs?

Bearders
03-12-2018, 08:31 PM
Cheers

What Canadian u20 player? 😜

I’m surprised I missed this but I’ve not read anything about any Canadian player at Hibs?

You haven’t missed anything as it’s not been reported.

Ronniekirk
03-12-2018, 08:44 PM

Just do t play them all in the ome game though

FifeHibs
03-12-2018, 09:05 PM
You haven’t missed anything as it’s not been reported.

I thought he had previously played centre half, apologise if I'm wrong.

The_Horde
03-12-2018, 10:09 PM
That's because he's just 19, a rookie and still learning, guys like him will always make errors, unfortunately Hanlon and McGregor aren't playing that well at the moment so he being thrown in under pressure.

Whether that's true or not, my point was more that he hasn't been our "best central defender" and has in fact been just as bad and culpable as any of them.

He does have a decent excuse, at least, for it though. It shouldn't mean people just forget his mistakes because of it either. But they do.

J-C
03-12-2018, 10:22 PM
Whether that's true or not, my point was more that he hasn't been our "best central defender" and has in fact been just as bad and culpable as any of them.

He does have a decent excuse, at least, for it though. It shouldn't mean people just forget his mistakes because of it either. But they do.

Don't anyone is just forgetting his mistakes, they're just being more lenient given it's really his 1st full season as a 1st team squad player and probably playing more game than expected.

The_Horde
03-12-2018, 11:15 PM
Don't anyone is just forgetting his mistakes, they're just being more lenient given it's really his 1st full season as a 1st team squad player and probably playing more game than expected.

No they're not. They're saying he's performed better than the rest when he hasn't. That's a bit different to being lenient.

MWHIBBIES
03-12-2018, 11:36 PM

Kinda annoys me that Hearts (for example) lose Berra - who is excellent - and in steps the boy Dunne. How we cant unearth loans like that is beyond me.Loans like MacLaren, Kamberi Barker and Bogdan you mean?

Bearders
04-12-2018, 06:03 AM
I thought he had previously played centre half, apologise if I'm wrong.

You could be right but the lad i know is defo a midfielder. Represented His country through all age groups and was called up to Senior Squad earlier this year.

green day
04-12-2018, 06:40 AM
Loans like MacLaren, Kamberi Barker and Bogdan you mean?

My frustration is related to the defence, in particular the CH position and needing to rely on Porteous and play Efe out of position at RB if Gray is injured................

Lack of adequate cover in that area has hit us this season as much as an unbalanced midfield.

While I dont aspire to be like Hearts in many areas, having a settled and solid defence does help eke out results if the rest of the team is not firing on all cylinders.

bingo70
04-12-2018, 06:58 AM
You could be right but the lad i know is defo a midfielder. Represented His country through all age groups and was called up to Senior Squad earlier this year.

Liam Fraser?

FifeHibs
04-12-2018, 12:00 PM
Liam Fraser?

That was the one I was thinking Sadiki was his last name.

Greenbeard
04-12-2018, 12:52 PM
For those coming on here looking for the result rather than chat about unknowns, it finished 1-1. No report yet on http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news

Bearders
04-12-2018, 07:32 PM
Liam Fraser?

👍yes -