PDA

View Full Version : Mark my words

northern-hibee
01-12-2018, 08:43 PM
This shower of disinterested loser will take us back down to the championship. Dundee go two nil down and it’s a fight to the death to get level. We go two down and stroll about aimlessly hoping for something to happen. Hard to see were the next point is coming from and I expect a dire struggle to avoid finishing in the bottom two this season. Missed opportunity again to build on the feel good factor that was once at Easter road. Only thing to look forward to is another rebuild for next season when hopefully the majority of these jokers will be gone

Jones28
01-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Aw ffs give a rest.

Plenty of threads talking ***** already.

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 08:46 PM
We won’t go down. Not a chance.

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2018, 08:46 PM
The next point is coming on Wednesday. 3 of them infact.

We'll be well above bottom 2 but that's obviously not the aim.

tamig
01-12-2018, 08:47 PM
This shower of disinterested loser will take us back down to the championship. Dundee go two nil down and it’s a fight to the death to get level. We go two down and stroll about aimlessly hoping for something to happen. Hard to see were the next point is coming from and I expect a dire struggle to avoid finishing in the bottom two this season. Missed opportunity again to build on the feel good factor that was once at Easter road. Only thing to look forward to is another rebuild for next season when hopefully the majority of these jokers will be gone
Aye very good.

mcfly
01-12-2018, 08:48 PM

You are so so wrong....

I think you will regret writing this stuff in a few weeks.

We are all happy when we are winning. This is the time to show real support not writing stuff like you just have 😩😩

DetroitHibs
01-12-2018, 08:48 PM
We won't go down, but definitely underachieve like we do most years.

tamig
01-12-2018, 08:50 PM
You are so so wrong....

I think you will regret writing this stuff in a few weeks.

We are all happy when we are winning. This is the time to show real support not writing stuff like you just have 😩😩
This place is fast becoming a cesspit of doom and gloom. The attitude of so many of these negative posters reeks of glory hunting and a sense of entitlement you only usually hear from OF followers.

Dancehibs
01-12-2018, 08:52 PM
Kids take note. Don’t take drugs

Danderhall Hibs
01-12-2018, 09:18 PM
Ffs

Fife-Hibee
01-12-2018, 09:22 PM
We won't go down. We'll drift around low-mid table wondering what our purpose and aims are though.

Hermit Crab
01-12-2018, 09:23 PM
No chance we are getting relegated, bottom 6 yes, relegated no!

Sir David Gray
01-12-2018, 10:15 PM
Think it's time to log off from here again for a few days.

cleanyman
01-12-2018, 10:19 PM
I'm the man for the relegation thread

I'm not feeling it

So it's no happening

BILLYHIBS
01-12-2018, 10:26 PM

:troll:

HibeeHibernian4
01-12-2018, 10:28 PM

I'm not saying we will, but when we threw away a two goal lead at Tannadice in January 2014, nobody would've said the same then.

Jones28
01-12-2018, 10:40 PM
I'm not saying we will, but when we threw away a two goal lead at Tannadice in January 2014, nobody would've said the same then.

Did we beat anyone 6-0 that season though?

We are having a rough patch, but no way are we relegation material.

Smartie
01-12-2018, 10:48 PM
I'd go as far as to say we might finish anywhere from 3rd to 12 this season.

We have problems all over the park, and if the board were anywhere near as complacent as they were with Butcher and his transfer window then I could see us dropping like a stone.

Equally, we've clearly got some very good players (even if they currently form a poor team in almost any combination) and with the correct business in January I think we could rocket up the league.

Borderhibbie76
01-12-2018, 10:53 PM

We have problems all over the park, and if the board were anywhere near as complacent as they were with Butcher and his transfer window then I could see us dropping like a stone.

Equally, we've clearly got some very good players (even if they currently form a poor team in almost any combination) and with the correct business in January I think we could rocket up the league.Yup the quality is there in the squad but confidence seems shot to pieces and I really now thibk the manager doesn't want to be here...hope I'm wrong and he turns this around but I think he will be gone by the winter break

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JohnM1875
01-12-2018, 10:56 PM

Haha. Class.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-12-2018, 10:59 PM

Equally, we've clearly got some very good players (even if they currently form a poor team in almost any combination) and with the correct business in January I think we could rocket up the league.

:agree:

Sensible post.
At least the alarming slump is at a stage of the season which gives additional time, and opportunity to address it.
The Hibs board are ridiculously cautious, and stood back & allowed the inevitable to happen last time, hopefully it can be turned around - but the warning signs are there.

northern-hibee
01-12-2018, 11:06 PM
Plenty on here quite happy to re live the relegation season just pretend we have a manager that cares or knows how to get a team out of a slump. Pretend we have any defenders who can actually defend or attackers who can even score. Mark my words this is the Butcher season all over again anyone who thinks otherwise probably buried their head in the sand that season too

lyonhibs
01-12-2018, 11:13 PM
Plenty on here quite happy to re live the relegation season just pretend we have a manager that cares or knows how to get a team out of a slump. Pretend we have any defenders who can actually defend or attackers who can even score. Mark my words this is the Butcher season all over again anyone who thinks otherwise probably buried their head in the sand that season too

Do you think if you say "mark my words" repeatedly, it makes you sound more authoritative or correct?

If you think the club and team are in the same nick on December 1st this year as we were in Butcher's relegation season that's your opinion, but I don't expect many to agree with you in all honesty.

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 11:17 PM

When we went down then we where genuinely theorist side in the league and the couple years prior lead up to it. I think we will finish around 8th. There’s no way we are anywhere near the worst side in the league and more importantly there is no danger Leanne will allow a slump to the Butcher extreme to ever happen under her watch.

Baldy Foghorn
01-12-2018, 11:22 PM
We need wins quickly, relegation no, but certainly not looking like a European spot at present

Nakedmanoncrack
01-12-2018, 11:24 PM
Do you think if you say "mark my words" repeatedly, it makes you sound more authoritative or correct?

If you think the club and team are in the same nick on December 1st this year as we were in Butcher's relegation season that's your opinion, but I don't expect many to agree with you in all honesty.

Without having stats to hand - it wouldn't surprise me if we were in a better position at this stage that season.
Certainly I recall after winning the New Year Derby in the next game we went to Tannadice with a big support and went 2-0 up (finished 2-2) a result that would have pushed us close to top 4.

*EDIT*

A quick search on Google, win that game as it looked like until losing 2 goals in last 7 mins & we were 2 points off 4th place on 5th January.

As it was we were still 11 points clear of the play-off place - exactly where we are tonight..

northern-hibee
01-12-2018, 11:26 PM
Too many happy to sleep walk their way through the season then wake up and find ourselves in the championship. Zero reason for optimism.
Hanlon - shoved over like a 4 year old lassie for the first. Mac Gregor - slowest CB in a he league, Kamberi- one trick pony who gambles every time on the defender missing the ball which of course he never does. Milligan came to Hibs as a top player, 5 games in and he can’t pass water never mind find a fellow team mate. Boyle, Mallon and Shaw need dropping haven’t kicked a ball for months and even basic football skills seem beyond them at the moment. Mellon ? Why just why? Efe and Brogdan decent but the manager and the rest of them need to have a good long look at themselves tonight

HibeeHibernian4
01-12-2018, 11:36 PM
When we went down then we where genuinely theorist side in the league and the couple years prior lead up to it. I think we will finish around 8th. There’s no way we are anywhere near the worst side in the league and more importantly there is no danger Leanne will allow a slump to the Butcher extreme to ever happen under her watch.

I don't think it'll happen either, but when we were sitting 6th after that Dundee United game, nobody would've said we're the worst side in the league. Hindsight's a wonderful thing, I just hope we have the foresight to avoid a repeat.

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2018, 11:55 PM
I don't think it'll happen either, but when we were sitting 6th after that Dundee United game, nobody would've said we're the worst side in the league. Hindsight's a wonderful thing, I just hope we have the foresight to avoid a repeat.

James Collins or Kamberi?
Ambrose or Nelson?
Gray or Clancy?
Boyle or Vine?

We'll be miles from relegation. We'll also be miles from Europe without big improvement.

Johnny_Leith
02-12-2018, 03:13 AM
Without having stats to hand - it wouldn't surprise me if we were in a better position at this stage that season.
Certainly I recall after winning the New Year Derby in the next game we went to Tannadice with a big support and went 2-0 up (finished 2-2) a result that would have pushed us close to top 4.

*EDIT*

A quick search on Google, win that game as it looked like until losing 2 goals in last 7 mins & we were 2 points off 4th place on 5th January.

As it was we were still 11 points clear of the play-off place - exactly where we are tonight..

It was made worse by the fact that Dundee utd's last minute penalty equaliser was given for a foul outside the box. Add in Forster's equaliser wrongfully ruled out with 10 minutes to go at tynie with hibs in the ascendency (onside by a country mile) and you've just got to laugh how ridiculous our slide to relegation was.

greenlad
02-12-2018, 03:24 AM
It was made worse by the fact that Dundee utd's last minute penalty equaliser was given for a foul outside the box. Add in Forster's equaliser wrongfully ruled out with 10 minutes to go at tynie with hibs in the ascendency (onside by a country mile) and you've just got to laugh how ridiculous our slide to relegation was.

The Dundee United penalty was the year before and that cost us a top 6 place, along with the ridiculous disallowing of Griffiths freekick against Hearts at ER.

The 95th minute equaliser in January 2014 that set our slump in motion was, ironically, scored by Brian Graham for Dundee United.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-12-2018, 05:51 AM
“Mark my words” do people actually say that out loud or is it just in films where someone eventually get shot before their vision is realised? Or a throw back to 1970s pooicits in Northern Ireland?

Libby Hibby
02-12-2018, 07:07 AM
Did we beat anyone 6-0 that season though?

We are having a rough patch, but no way are we relegation material.

I’m not saying we will go down this season but not winning your home games and losing away is relegation form.

If the current nose dive is allowed to continue, then we’ll be in the relegation mix next season.

Lennons comments regarding glass ceiling and plateauing are similar in motivational terms to when Butcher told the squad who was staying and who was going mid season. Que downing tools and relegation.

BILLYHIBS
02-12-2018, 07:51 AM
I’m not saying we will go down this season but not winning your home games and losing away is relegation form.

If the current nose dive is allowed to continue, then we’ll be in the relegation mix next season.

Lennons comments regarding glass ceiling and plateauing are similar in motivational terms to when Butcher told the squad who was staying and who was going mid season. Que downing tools and relegation.

Relegation mix THIS season we are in freefall every other team will now be looking at the fixture list and looking for HIBS and that includes St Mirren need to address this starting from Wednesday

A six pointer already in early December :confused:

If HIBS lose the knives will be out!

Need to get behind the team

whiskas
02-12-2018, 10:26 AM
Reckon we’ll end up 8 or 9th.
Hibs and to some extent Aberdeen lost influential players over the summer and haven’t replaced them. Both are now reaping what they’ve sown.
Next season we’ll do well to sell half as many season tickets as we did this year and I expect a relegation battle

SirDavidsNapper
02-12-2018, 10:41 AM

Said that when Butcher was on a poor run

Smartie
02-12-2018, 10:48 AM
"Mark my words" allows us to come back at you and chuckle when those words are found to have been incorrect.

The phrase is an attempt be be at the front of the "I told you so" queue when things go belly up.

judas
02-12-2018, 11:14 AM

I would agree that there are some disinterested players. But not that many in my opinion.

I would lose 4 or 5 ASAP. Hyndman, agyepong, slivka and one or two other fringe passengers.

NZ Green
02-12-2018, 11:37 AM
The night is darkest before the dawn. We're so inconsistent we cant even play brutally for that long.

northern-hibee
02-12-2018, 12:14 PM
"Mark my words" allows us to come back at you and chuckle when those words are found to have been incorrect.

The phrase is an attempt be be at the front of the "I told you so" queue when things go belly up.

I sincerely hope we are all chuckling in a few weeks time, but if we’re not then mark my words, I told you so

B.H.F.C
02-12-2018, 12:19 PM
The night is darkest before the dawn. We're so inconsistent we cant even play brutally for that long.

We are being consistent at the moment. Consistently bad though.

HibeeHibernian4
02-12-2018, 01:05 PM

Different Dundee United game, mate. That was the season before under Fenlon.

SlickShoes
02-12-2018, 01:59 PM
I think it's now fair for people to be genuinely mad at the team/manager. We haven't won for 2 months. This is the worst run we have had since being relegated so we aren't used to it. It is a massive test of Lennon and the players to see if they can get us out of this mess. All we can do is keep turning up and supporting the team.

Mcpakeisgod
02-12-2018, 02:04 PM
Too many happy to sleep walk their way through the season then wake up and find ourselves in the championship. Zero reason for optimism.
Hanlon - shoved over like a 4 year old lassie for the first. Mac Gregor - slowest CB in a he league, Kamberi- one trick pony who gambles every time on the defender missing the ball which of course he never does. Milligan came to Hibs as a top player, 5 games in and he can’t pass water never mind find a fellow team mate. Boyle, Mallon and Shaw need dropping haven’t kicked a ball for months and even basic football skills seem beyond them at the moment. Mellon ? Why just why? Efe and Brogdan decent but the manager and the rest of them need to have a good long look at themselves tonight

The fact you’ve dubbed mcgregor as the slowest in the league tells me everything I need to know. Not a scooby doo you have

The 90+2
02-12-2018, 02:08 PM
The Dundee United penalty was the year before and that cost us a top 6 place, along with the ridiculous disallowing of Griffiths freekick against Hearts at ER.

The 95th minute equaliser in January 2014 that set our slump in motion was, ironically, scored by Brian Graham for Dundee United.

Hope you’re well mate! Are you still on the southern?

WestCoastHibby
02-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Hibs are going through a slump as we have done many many times before.
These things come and go in cycles and we will bounce on again for sure. There's simply no way Hibs will be dragged into relegation territory I am sure ( nothing's impossible mind )
Let's just get behind the manager and staff and get through this period unscathed. We don't have a divine right to win but we need to put more effort into attempting to at least.

Diclonius
02-12-2018, 02:32 PM

It was game the following week (2-3 v St Mirren) and Butcher's ridiculous rant that did it. We would have fine for mid-table if he hadn't come out and basically said all the players were ***** and away at the end of the season.

Borderhibbie76
02-12-2018, 02:52 PM
I think it's now fair for people to be genuinely mad at the team/manager. We haven't won for 2 months. This is the worst run we have had since being relegated so we aren't used to it. It is a massive test of Lennon and the players to see if they can get us out of this mess. All we can do is keep turning up and supporting the team.Pretty much this...there is a decent side in there somewhere...2 months ago we were 2nd for crying out loud...just gotta hope we can get ourselves out this slump sharpish...if we don't start winning soon tho the knives will rightly be out

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Daydreamer
02-12-2018, 03:07 PM
The biggest problem now is there is a realistic chance that we will finish in the bottom 6 but certainly not the bottom two meaning instead of playing Celtic, Hearts and an other after the split we will play Dundee, St mirren and an other with the massive loss in revenue. Also after the split these games will probably be nothing at stake games other than playing for a bigger split of the TV money. I always hated previously the bottom 6 after the split games as everyone would question buying a season ticket for next again season.

Lemonade
02-12-2018, 03:11 PM
The biggest problem now is there is a realistic chance that we will finish in the bottom 6 but certainly not the bottom two meaning instead of playing Celtic, Hearts and an other after the split we will play Dundee, St mirren and an other with the massive loss in revenue. Also after the split these games will probably be nothing at stake games other than playing for a bigger split of the TV money. I always hated previously the bottom 6 after the split games as everyone would question buying a season ticket for next again season.

Absolutely no chance we will finish in the bottom 6.

Daydreamer
02-12-2018, 03:34 PM

After that first half performance yesterday I cannot see how anyone can say that there is not a chance that we will finish bottom 6. We are crying out for a quality midfield player not a 33 year old central defender or a set piece specialist to run the midfield. This problem needs addressed in January with ££££s or I can assure you we will finish bottom 6.

Stuart93
02-12-2018, 03:39 PM

Aw there’s a chance, a big chance the way things are going

Lemonade
02-12-2018, 03:46 PM
After that first half performance yesterday I cannot see how anyone can say that there is not a chance that we will finish bottom 6. We are crying out for a quality midfield player not a 33 year old central defender or a set piece specialist to run the midfield. This problem needs addressed in January with ££££s or I can assure you we will finish bottom 6.

It will be addressed in January just like it was last year.

Stuart93
02-12-2018, 03:58 PM
It will be addressed in January just like it was last year.

It shouldn’t have to be rectified or addressed again though, that’s two summer windows that haven’t been good enough. Our team should be ready to go for the full season not after January

Lemonade
02-12-2018, 04:00 PM
It shouldn’t have to be rectified or addressed again though, that’s two summer windows that haven’t been good enough. Our team should be ready to go for the full season not after January

That may be but it wasn't the point.

We won't finish in the bottom 6 .

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2018, 04:00 PM

How do you build a squad/team?

Stuart93
02-12-2018, 04:01 PM
How do you build a squad/team?

That’s not my job to know or do that though, that’s the job of our manager and recruitment team and that’s two summers in a row it’s hasnt been done adequately

silverhibee
02-12-2018, 04:02 PM

Mark my words, we won't.

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2018, 04:41 PM
That’s not my job to know or do that though, that’s the job of our manager and recruitment team and that’s two summers in a row it’s hasnt been done adequately

Not my job either, but if folk like you keep saying we have had poor transfer windows when we've not, it will start to become as tiresome as we should have paid £150k for Griffiths.

We had a decent summer last year, a summer that gave us the players we got to stabilise us back in the top flight after 3 years in the dross.

January then gave us the chance to build again, which we did. This summer saw us lose the best midfield in Scotland in my opinion, so we needed to start again in that department. It could take another window or two, maybe more for us to do as well as we did last year, but of course thats not good enough is it.

Stuart93
02-12-2018, 04:55 PM
Not my job either, but if folk like you keep saying we have had poor transfer windows when we've not, it will start to become as tiresome as we should have paid £150k for Griffiths.

We had a decent summer last year, a summer that gave us the players we got to stabilise us back in the top flight after 3 years in the dross.

January then gave us the chance to build again, which we did. This summer saw us lose the best midfield in Scotland in my opinion, so we needed to start again in that department. It could take another window or two, maybe more for us to do as well as we did last year, but of course thats not good enough is it.

With the recruitment team we have in place and our resources sitting 8th in the league at this point of the season really isn’t good enough no

And if we’ve not had a poor transfer window in the summer what have we had?

I agree we lost the best midfield in Scotland but we shouldnt be in a position where st J Kilmarnock etc are looking miles ahead of us

NAE NOOKIE
02-12-2018, 04:58 PM

Hmmmm …. lets look at the evidence shall we.

David Gray ………. gives everything every time he plays.
Efe Ambrose ……. as things stand our best and most consistent player this season.
Paul Hanlon …….. A Hibs fan and a stalwart of the team for years, part of every bit of success we have had in the last 4 years.
Darren McGregor ….. would run through a brick wall for this club.
Ryan Porteous …. Looks as far from a disinterested loser as I can think of.
Lewis Stevenson …. 100% … 100% of the time.
Steven Whittaker … far from the player he was, but lack of effort is not one of his failings.

Stevie Mallan …. needs to up his workrate when we aren't in possession.
Mark Milligan …. been respected as a positive influence at every club he has been at and mistakes aside I haven't seen him look disinterested.
Daryl Horgan …. looks up for it every time I've seen him play.
Marvin Bartley … Are you seeing how ridiculous that highlighted comment is yet?
Vykintas Slivka … not the most combative, but that's down to style, not a lack of commitment IMO.
Martin Boyle … for 3 seasons the most committed of all our forward players to taking care of his defensive duties, works his arse off.
Tomas Agyepong … unlucky with injuries, but don't tell me this kid isn't a talent or that he doesn't try.
Emerson Hyndman … a lightweight who tends to disappear when the going gets tough IMO … well done mate you got one right.

Jamie MacLaren …. cant see I've ever noticed a lack of effort from him.
Flo Kamberi …. still working as hard as ever from what I can see.
Oli Shaw … chases everything down as much as he can.

At the moment for a variety of reasons the team isn't playing well and without a doubt we have a few players not reaching the level they were at last season and one or two whose legs may have gone …. but "disinterested losers" ….. there's understandable disappointment with a bad run and a loss of form and then there's massive over reaction …. get a bloody grip man :faf:

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2018, 05:12 PM
With the recruitment team we have in place and our resources sitting 8th in the league at this point of the season really isn’t good enough no

And if we’ve not had a poor transfer window in the summer what have we had?

I agree we lost the best midfield in Scotland but we shouldnt be in a position where st J Kilmarnock etc are looking miles ahead of us

We have been poor for the last few games, as i said we are building a team again and might take more than one window, unless you think we should be able to get players in as good as we lost in the last one?

Stuart93
02-12-2018, 05:17 PM
We have been poor for the last few games, as i said we are building a team again and might take more than one window, unless you think we should be able to get players in as good as we lost in the last one?

Na of course not but there’s no players we’ve brought in looking likely to develop into the next Mcginn or mcgeouch. Mallan is a decent player but not on the same level.

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2018, 05:23 PM
Na of course not but there’s no players we’ve brought in looking likely to develop into the next Mcginn or mcgeouch. Mallan is a decent player but not on the same level.

Which is why i said it could take a few windows to get a decent side again, no manager gets every signing right, and we've not had any set the heather on fire, but we have another chance next month where some of those we've brought in this summer might be released back to their clubs, and others brought in.

BILLYHIBS
02-12-2018, 05:25 PM

Efe Ambrose ……. as things stand our best and most consistent player this season.
Paul Hanlon …….. A Hibs fan and a stalwart of the team for years, part of every bit of success we have had in the last 4 years.
Steven Whittaker … far from the player he was, but lack of effort is not one of his failings.

Mark Milligan …. been respected as a positive influence at every club he has been at and mistakes aside I haven't seen him look disinterested.
Vykintas Slivka … not the most combative, but that's down to style, not a lack of commitment IMO.
Martin Boyle … for 3 seasons the most committed of all our forward players to taking care of his defensive duties, works his arse off.
Tomas Agyepong … unlucky with injuries, but don't tell me this kid isn't a talent or that he doesn't try.
Emerson Hyndman … a lightweight who tends to disappear when the going gets tough IMO … well done mate you got one right.

At the moment for a variety of reasons the team isn't playing well and without a doubt we have a few players not reaching the level they were at last season and one or two whose legs may have gone …. but "disinterested losers" ….. there's understandable disappointment with a bad run and a loss of form and then there's massive over reaction …. get a bloody grip man :faf:

Good post!

I have attended every home game and some away this season and this analysis is pretty much spot on

If the non-triers can be identified on Saturday they should be shown the door but Nae Nookie is spot on here.

The question now is how can we stop the rot and get them motivated and up for winning on Wednesday as we all know they are not world beaters but every one of them is a good player and we need maximum effort and commitment and a good team performance on Wednesday no slackers.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-12-2018, 07:55 AM

“losers” a shaming term used without analytical thought by Trump. Don’t copy him kids.

calumhibee1
03-12-2018, 08:23 AM

So you’ve got an objection to people saying we’ve had a poor transfer window(s) but you’re allowed to keep telling us we haven’t had a poor one? How does that work? Why is your opinion gospel compared to people who didn’t think we had a good one?

We had an average summer window last year. The players that stabilised us in the top flight were already here, it wasn’t Slivka, Whittaker, Swanson, Matulivicius or Simon Murray that done that.

Nothings needs to be said about January, that was excellent.

This summer we lost three cracking players but that excuse doesn’t wash. Nobody else in our league other than Celtic had/have players of that calibre and none of them got £3m (or whatever it was) for anyone. The others were starting with average Scottish Premiership players, we were getting to start from scratch with a big windfall to help us out without being hamstrung by having Scott Robinson or Scott Pitman or numerous other equally crap players who are sitting above us currently taking up the wage bill.

Instead we eventually went and signed an imbalanced bunch of players and neglected our centre midfield for a crowd of wingers and number 10s and are also short up top. That’s not a good transfer window to come out of it with two key positions being left totally short.

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2018, 08:53 AM
The summer transfer window is in the past good bad or indifferent

We need to concentrate on the January window and I would like to think that Lenny is sitting down with his Recruitment Team as I type this morning to identify potential signing targets that will make a signicant difference as from where I am sitting we are starting to look bottom six at best.

Christmas List:

Shankland
Allan
Kamara

Please excuse crayon they don’t allow us anything sharp in here :greengrin

SingaporeHibs
03-12-2018, 09:34 AM
I hope the players don’t believe there is no chance they’ll get relegated or dragged into the bottom 2. This squad is much better than the last relegation squad but if they don’t perform all over the pitch and just believe it will come good at some point because on paper they are better than the opposition then we’ll end up in trouble.
Lennon needs to get his best starting 11 worked out and then the players need to get on with it. A couple of wins and our season can still get back on track. Keep performing like the last few games and god help us. I can see us being back in the TOP 6 before long but at the same time I now wouldn’t be shocked to see us drift lower. Massive month ahead of us. GGTTH

Smartie
03-12-2018, 09:54 AM

We need to concentrate on the January window and I would like to think that Lenny is sitting down with his Recruitment Team as I type this morning to identify potential signing targets that will make a signicant difference as from where I am sitting we are starting to look bottom six at best.

Christmas List:

Shankland
Allan
Kamara

Mental as it sounds, those 3 players would make us close to the best team in the division.

Shame we won't be able to get any of them.

We're not far off being an excellent team but as it stands we're a very poor one indeed.

calumhibee1
03-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Mental as it sounds, those 3 players would make us close to the best team in the division.

Shame we won't be able to get any of them.

We're not far off being an excellent team but as it stands we're a very poor one indeed.

Yup. They’d make us better than anyone outside Celtic and possibly Rangers. I can’t see Allan signing for us in January however and I’m certain the other two won’t be unfortunately.

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2018, 12:58 PM
So you’ve got an objection to people saying we’ve had a poor transfer window(s) but you’re allowed to keep telling us we haven’t had a poor one? How does that work? Why is your opinion gospel compared to people who didn’t think we had a good one?

Because you are wrong.

We had an average summer window last year. The players that stabilised us in the top flight were already here, it wasn’t Slivka, Whittaker, Swanson, Matulivicius or Simon Murray that done that.

I must have missed the contributions they made to the squad, making it stronger and helping us consolidate in the top division, i get it that you ALWAYS want jam yesterday, but thats hardly reasonable for a club after 3 seasons in the dross.

Nothings needs to be said about January, that was excellent.

At last.

This summer we lost three cracking players but that excuse doesn’t wash. Nobody else in our league other than Celtic had/have players of that calibre and none of them got £3m (or whatever it was) for anyone. The others were starting with average Scottish Premiership players, we were getting to start from scratch with a big windfall to help us out without being hamstrung by having Scott Robinson or Scott Pitman or numerous other equally crap players who are sitting above us currently taking up the wage bill.

We've not been as good as we all want this season as a whole, but you have been miserable as **** since the start of the season, jumping up and down like jimmy krankie because you never got what you wanted at christmas.

Instead we eventually went and signed an imbalanced bunch of players and neglected our centre midfield for a crowd of wingers and number 10s and are also short up top. That’s not a good transfer window to come out of it with two key positions being left totally short.

Yes thats exactly what happened, we neglected the centre of the park, or perhaps as lennon would probably say, some of the signings have not worked out how he thought, and his team have been crippled by injuries to most of his players at one time or another. Now i know you dont like facts, and dismiss these injuries as part of the game, but i have not seen us have to deal with so many injuries, and have so many players unfit and having to come back in clearly struggling in my time watching us.

calumhibee1
03-12-2018, 01:48 PM
Yes thats exactly what happened, we neglected the centre of the park, or perhaps as lennon would probably say, some of the signings have not worked out how he thought, and his team have been crippled by injuries to most of his players at one time or another. Now i know you dont like facts, and dismiss these injuries as part of the game, but i have not seen us have to deal with so many injuries, and have so many players unfit and having to come back in clearly struggling in my time watching us.

Yup, I’m wrong. Yet you’re one of the minority who seems to think that Lennon has had 5 good transfer windows 👍🏼 I see you’ve still not managed to accept people having a different opinion to you hence why you’re adamant people are to stop posting an opinion you don’t hold incase other people start to agree with it. Myself and the other posters who have pointed it out to you previously certainly won’t be surprised by that though.

Your point about injuries is great and all that but we’ve not had injuries to any out and out centre midfielders other than Slivka because guess what? He’s our only one. That’s why we’ve neglected the centre of the park. Because we didn’t sign anyone that actually plays there. We signed a centre half who can protect the defence, wingers and ‘number 10s’. Not one of them plays as a proper centre midfielder. I know you don’t like facts though, especially when they don’t back up your apparently untouchable opinion.

Steve20
03-12-2018, 02:24 PM
In 2014 it was clear we were heading towards relegation by about the end of February, despite people on the forums mocking anyone who suggested it. We were still a bit ahead of some teams but it was obvious we had nothing in that team.

This is different. We are playing awful and are more than likely going to finish bottom six. But there's worse teams than us in the league this time. Can't see us going down.

If we don't win any of our next two matches, then we can start to be concerned.

HibeeHibernian4
03-12-2018, 02:32 PM
In 2014 it was clear we were heading towards relegation by about the end of February, despite people on the forums mocking anyone who suggested it. We were still a bit ahead of some teams but it was obvious we had nothing in that team.

This is different. We are playing awful and are more than likely going to finish bottom six. But there's worse teams than us in the league this time. Can't see us going down.

If we don't win any of our next two matches, then we can start to be concerned.

Total revisionism I'm afraid.

We were 7th and level on points with St Johnstone in sixth on the 22nd February, and we were 12 points clear of 11th. Not a single Hibs fan in the world would've foreseen relegation at that point.

Keith_M
03-12-2018, 02:39 PM
Not being able to replace McGinn, McGeouch and Allan is one thing.

Going through a run of games that includes being beaten at home by St Johnstone, throwing away a two goal lead to Dundee, failing to even threaten a Hearts team that had a large list of injured players and being humiliated by Kilmarnock is something else entirely.

Other clubs with a fraction of the money we have available seem to have improved, while we've gone backwards in comparison to them, let alone compared to our own team from last season.

I'll still be at ER on Wednesday and Hamilton on Saturday, hoping we can at least prove ourselves against that standard of side.

jacomo
03-12-2018, 02:58 PM

When you talk about disinterested losers, are you talking about yourself and fans like you?

I’ve said it before - it’s easy to support the team when they are doing well. Now we are having a wobble and all the old panickers and grief merchants start piping up again.

It’s a total nonsense.

jacomo
03-12-2018, 03:00 PM

We were 7th and level on points with St Johnstone in sixth on the 22nd February, and we were 12 points clear of 11th. Not a single Hibs fan in the world would've foreseen relegation at that point.

I’ll admit I never saw relegation coming, but then few people did. The way we got sucked into that play off v Hamilton was ridiculous.

My_Wife_Camille
03-12-2018, 03:03 PM

There were definitely threads on here around that time about getting dragged into the playoffs and going down. No revisionism at all.

I believe the term used to dismiss the notion in the February was 'relegation play off nonsense'.

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Yup, I’m wrong.

You are, and you also make things up.

Yet you’re one of the minority who seems to think that Lennon has had 5 good transfer windows

Made up accusation No 1, You are the one who keeps spouting we've had 4 poor windows and one good one, made up accusation number 1.

���� I see you’ve still not managed to accept people having a different opinion to you hence why you’re adamant people are to stop posting an opinion you don’t hold incase other people start to agree with it.

Made up accusation No 2, Anyone can have a different opinion, but when they have a different opinion without taking in ANY of the reasons, and just spout ah but, i will keep saying why things have turned out how they have.

And as for being adamant people stop posting sheite because i dont want people to start agreeing with it? :faf:

Myself and the other posters who have pointed it out to you previously certainly won’t be surprised by that though.
We signed a centre half who can protect the defence, wingers and ‘number 10s’. Not one of them plays as a proper centre midfielder. I know you don’t like facts though, especially when they don’t back up your apparently untouchable opinion.

We signed Milligan who is a midfielder, just because he has played for his country at the back does not get away from the FACT he's a central midfielder.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45234726

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=43864

Bartley has also been injured, another midfielder, along with Slivka. It's pointless pointing out these things, as you just diss them in your quest for more misery.

RossScott1991
03-12-2018, 03:07 PM
The worst thread I've ever read on here. I can only assume the OP woke up with a really bad hangover on sunday. Deary me.

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2018, 03:10 PM
The worst thread I've ever read on here. I can only assume the OP woke up with a really bad hangover on sunday. Deary me.
If we don’t win on Wednesday night the threads are only gonna get worse dotnet will be a no go to zone for me. :greengrin

calumhibee1
03-12-2018, 03:19 PM
We signed Milligan who is a midfielder, just because he has played for his country at the back does not get away from the FACT he's a central midfielder.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45234726

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=43864

Bartley has also been injured, another midfielder, along with Slivka. It's pointless pointing out these things, as you just diss them in your quest for more misery.

Bartley is another who’s a holding midfielder, not an out and out centre midfielder. Whether Milligan is a centre half or a holding midfielder by trade is largely irrelevant to the point in question because again, he’s not an out and centre midfielder.

Plenty other people have pointed out the fact the squad is imbalanced. Plenty other people have pointed out that our midfield is the main reason for this. You can dress it up as just me saying it if you wish, I really couldn’t care less, but there’s plenty other Hibs fans who think the same thing. It’s been mentioned god knows how many times over the last wee while.

With regards to your inability to accept a differing opinion, it’s been pointed out to you before by other posters during the summer. It’s also blatantly obvious from your “your opinion is wrong, mines is right” chronic patter a few posts back. I can only assume you long for a forum where everyone massages your ego and tells you “aw jeez Blackpool, you’re so wise”. Unfortunately for you it’s not how a forum works.

we are hibs
03-12-2018, 04:32 PM

I said after Raith put us out the cup we would end up in the play offs unless we massively improved quickly. We were only 6 clear at that stage and I was told I was a "yam" and all the other tedious ***** of the day

jacomo
03-12-2018, 05:07 PM
I said after Raith put us out the cup we would end up in the play offs unless we massively improved quickly. We were only 6 clear at that stage and I was told I was a "yam" and all the other tedious ***** of the day

Four years on and you’ve learned very little it seems.

calumhibee1
03-12-2018, 05:35 PM
When you talk about disinterested losers, are you talking about yourself and fans like you?

I’ve said it before - it’s easy to support the team when they are doing well. Now we are having a wobble and all the old panickers and grief merchants start piping up again.

It’s a total nonsense.

Plenty of the "panickers and grief merchants" will be at the game on Wednesday, myself included, to support the team. Probably part of the reason we have a moan on here - because we want better for the club. Doesn't mean people aren't supporting the club because they're not happy with what we're being served up.

My_Wife_Camille
03-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Plenty of the "panickers and grief merchants" will be at the game on Wednesday, myself included, to support the team. Probably part of the reason we have a moan on here - because we want better for the club. Doesn't mean people aren't supporting the club because they're not happy with what we're being served up.
Wrong, it means you are delighted that we are on a bad run and you are revelling in our failure.

calumhibee1
03-12-2018, 05:40 PM
Wrong, it means you are delighted that we are on a bad run and you are revelling in our failure.

:greengrin

Famous Fiver
03-12-2018, 05:46 PM
Opinions, opinions.

Matt Doherty isn't worth a gnat's toenail according to most on here but he's presently plying his trade in the EPL.

Did we get that one wrong?

Here’s Lucy!
03-12-2018, 05:48 PM

houstonhibbee
03-12-2018, 05:50 PM

Christmas List:

Shankland
Allan
Kamara

That would make a huge difference...………..

flash
03-12-2018, 06:03 PM

You two should get a room. Preferably without Wi-Fi.

calumhibee1
03-12-2018, 06:05 PM

Want to join us cutie?

flash
03-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Want to join us cutie?

FFS do you ever leave this forum?

we are hibs
Opinions, opinions.

Matt Doherty isn't worth a gnat's toenail according to most on here but he's presently plying his trade in the EPL.

Did we get that one wrong?

That was because of his attitude after losing the final to hearts. Not his ability. He was decent enough while here in amongst some proper wage thieves.

calumhibee1

I’ll take that as a yes. See you there 😘

Kato
03-12-2018, 06:11 PM

Attention seeker, mate. Ignore and the oxygen runs out.

My_Wife_Camille
03-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Do you ever post about football or do you just log on to make smart comments and throw insults at other posters?

Here’s Lucy!
03-12-2018, 06:24 PM

To be fair, he's lucky to have the time to be on so much!!

I know I would do the same, given the right circumstances. :agree:

calumhibee1
03-12-2018, 06:29 PM
To be fair, he's lucky to have the time to be on so much!!

I know I would do the same, given the right circumstances. :agree:

Work smarter, not harder. That's why I have so much time :greengrin

I spend a lot of my time on here replying to flash. If you look through his most recent posts a good percentage of them are in reply to me. Apparently wants me to stop posting yet he keeps engaging in conversation with me, having thoughts about me in a room... Starting to think he has a wee fancy for me to be honest. :hug::slipper:

flash
03-12-2018, 06:29 PM
Do you ever post about football or do you just log on to make smart comments and throw insults at other posters?

All 3.

My_Wife_Camille
03-12-2018, 06:40 PM
All 3.
You’ll need to point me in the direction of anything at all that even remotely resembles input on football or Hibs because all I never see you discussing it at all.

flash
03-12-2018, 07:46 PM
You’ll need to point me in the direction of anything at all that even remotely resembles input on football or Hibs because all I never see you discussing it at all.

You must have missed me making a total James Hunt of myself with my Lennon is a fraud thread.

My_Wife_Camille
03-12-2018, 08:01 PM
You must have missed me making a total James Hunt of myself with my Lennon is a fraud thread.
Another post that is only a dig and nothing to do with Football :cb

where'stheslope
04-12-2018, 04:34 PM
I don't buy into the relegation thing, but, we must stop the dropping down any further in the league before the transfer window opens!!
To try and bring in players is hard enough, but if you are near the bottom, what player wants the chance to come to us with the pressure to lift us??
The likes of Scott Allan may relish coming here to get into Europe, but not as sure if it has the same appeal to fight mid table!!
This league is hard to play in and if we show any weakness the other clubs will try and capitalise on it!!!

Here’s Lucy!
04-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Work smarter, not harder. That's why I have so much time :greengrin

I spend a lot of my time on here replying to flash. If you look through his most recent posts a good percentage of them are in reply to me. Apparently wants me to stop posting yet he keeps engaging in conversation with me, having thoughts about me in a room... Starting to think he has a wee fancy for me to be honest. :hug::slipper:
I would have answered you quicker but, unlike yourself, I don't spend all day on here!! :wink:

SRHibs
04-12-2018, 05:12 PM
I would have answered you quicker but, unlike yourself, I don't spend all day on here!! :wink:

Only real fans spend all day on here, sorry bud.

Here’s Lucy!
04-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Only real fans spend all day on here, sorry bud.

I'm in bits.