PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Leave & When

CMurdoch
01-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Looking at the squad.

Who will leave and when.

Contracts end in January:
Hyndman, Anyepong, Mavrias
I think they will all go for the following reasons and the cash used to sign other players:

Hyndman has not made any real impression so we won't pay to keep him till summer.
Anyepong has made no impact due to almost constant injuries which look like they won't stop anytime soon.
Mavrias hasn't made it onto the pitch so why keep.

Contracts end in the Summer:
McGregor, Bartley, Gray, Laidlaw, MacLaren and Nelom *.
Again I think they will all go for the following reasons. This will free up money and places for new players:

McGregor: think the knee injuries are now making it impossible for him to play consistently
Bartley is probably not good enough on the ball for Lennon
Gray: his inability to avoid injury could be the deciding factor. Sad as he has been very good this season when he has played.
Laidlaw: if we sign Bogdan he will go. Has done well but might have to go elsewhere to make his mark.
MacLaren: great poacher but has been injured, on the bench or just not playing well this season. Not worth spending £400k on.
Nelom: 1st game today but obviously not been good enough in training to displace Stevenson.

*The contracts of Ambrose and Bogdan are up in the summer and we should be looking to sign them up.

The above will leave the following 13 of the present 1st team players at the club:
Marciano
Stevenson and Whittaker
Porteous and Hanlon
Milligan
Slivka, Mallan and F Murray
Horgan and Boyle
Kamberi and Shaw

** Perhaps we can persuade Whittaker to retire

What do you think?

we are hibs
01-12-2018, 05:53 PM
No danger should Gray be moved on. He's still got plenty to offer the club.

CMurdoch
01-12-2018, 06:02 PM
No danger should Gray be moved on. He's still got plenty to offer the club.

Playing devils advocate,
Not a case of moving David on but Hibs may decide not offer him a new contract due to his injury record. Played 7 league matches last season and 6 this season to date. Not much bang for their buck. Football clubs can't afford to be sentimental.

pacoluna
01-12-2018, 06:10 PM
How can you pick the same team when the same players are chronically out injured, those are the first I would get rid off, absolute no use and breeds inconsistency.

tonyrougier123
01-12-2018, 06:16 PM
David gray is mr hibs,3 year deal please.

Wilson
01-12-2018, 06:19 PM

Good one, Dave.

CMurdoch
01-12-2018, 06:25 PM

It will all depend on how many games he plays between now and the end of the season.
Might squeeze a one year contract out of Hibs and a 2 year one if he plays well.
Not a chance he will get 3.

Sir David Gray
01-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Looking at the squad.

Who will leave and when.

I think they will all go for the following reasons and the cash used to sign other players:

Hyndman has not made any real impression so we won't pay to keep him till summer.
Anyepong has made no impact due to almost constant injuries which look like they won't stop anytime soon.

Again I think they will all go for the following reasons. This will free up money and places for new players:

McGregor: think the knee injuries are now making it impossible for him to play consistently
Gray: his inability to avoid injury could be the deciding factor. Sad as he has been very good this season when he has played.
Laidlaw: if we sign Bogdan he will go. Has done well but might have to go elsewhere to make his mark.
MacLaren: great poacher but has been injured, on the bench or just not playing well this season. Not worth spending £400k on.
Nelom: 1st game today but obviously not been good enough in training to displace Stevenson.

*The contracts of Ambrose and Bogdan are up in the summer and we should be looking to sign them up.

The above will leave the following 13 of the present 1st team players at the club:
Marciano
Stevenson and Whittaker
Porteous and Hanlon
Milligan
Horgan and Boyle
Kamberi and Shaw

What do you think?

Agyepong's here until the summer.

CMurdoch
01-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Agyepong's here until the summer.

I thought that as well until I read the following article in the Evening News yesterday

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/future-of-two-hibs-stars-up-in-the-air-as-january-approaches-1-4837570

Sir David Gray
01-12-2018, 06:44 PM
I thought that as well until I read the following article in the Evening News yesterday

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/future-of-two-hibs-stars-up-in-the-air-as-january-approaches-1-4837570

Apologies I stand corrected. Note to self - Never trust the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45299749

If his contract's up in January, I don't think we'll see him again.

Famous Fiver
01-12-2018, 06:45 PM
I would keep SDG on the payroll simply to run round the pitch with the Cup for the next 20 years.

The_Horde
01-12-2018, 07:11 PM
Out Jan.

Agyepong - Quality but we can't rely on him. Replacement required
Shaw (possibly loan) - just not got it. Sorry. 2 strikers in please
Hyndman - See Agyepong, Allan please.
Laidlaw - obvious really
Mavrias - unreliable please replace

judas
01-12-2018, 07:43 PM
Looking at the squad.

Who will leave and when.

Marciano
Stevenson and Whittaker
Porteous and Hanlon
Milligan
Horgan and Boyle
Kamberi and Shaw

What do you think?

I’d punt the all except SDG.

SiinDubai
01-12-2018, 07:54 PM
I would keep SDG on the payroll simply to run round the pitch with the Cup for the next 20 years.

100 % agree
SDG should never leave the club
When he can no longer go on he should be made club ambassador for as long as he wants

Gmack7
01-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Out Jan.

Agyepong - Quality but we can't rely on him. Replacement required
Shaw (possibly loan) - just not got it. Sorry. 2 strikers in please
Hyndman - See Agyepong, Allan please.
Laidlaw - obvious really
Mavrias - unreliable please replace
All the above will go. but not sure Mavrais can be classed as unreliable

Crab apple
01-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Agree with most of that but as we're lacking big time with leadership just now I think letting SDG go is madness. We're a better team when he plays. The problem is he doesn't play often enough.

skipster7
01-12-2018, 08:43 PM
Probably about 3000 fans :wink:

BH Hibs
01-12-2018, 09:12 PM
I’d forgot Hyndman was still here and I’m not trying to be a smartarse.