PDA

View Full Version : Something Seriously Wrong at Hibernian FC ???

hhibs
01-12-2018, 04:56 PM
DISCUSS

Thread started by Disgusted

Beefster
01-12-2018, 04:58 PM

No, it wasn’t.

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 04:59 PM
DISCUSS

Hmmm

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Biscuit tin mentality by the board 😮

A Hi-Bee
01-12-2018, 05:03 PM
DISCUSS

Dont really know, not in the know as they say, could only offer my humble opinion, with all the opinions on here adding up to nothing it may be a bit pointless.

tonyrougier123
01-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Overpriced bog standard catering at easter road needs sorting out!!!😤.

Speedway
01-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Biscuit tin mentality by the board 😮

How?

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-12-2018, 05:09 PM
How?

How no?

Here’s Lucy!
01-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Not irreparable, but needs addressed pretty damn quick.

tamig
01-12-2018, 05:14 PM
DISCUSS

Somebody on the board really needs to start thinking about filling in the corners.

Keith_M
01-12-2018, 05:17 PM
Overpriced bog standard catering at easter road needs sorting out!!!😤.

And don't get me started on the lack of chips!

Famous Fiver
01-12-2018, 05:28 PM
I'm definitely in the improve catering camp and happy to leave NL to deal with the football and not leave it to the bed wetters on here.

Plenty of criticism but I don't see many offering solutions.

After Lennon, what next? Butcher, Calderwood, Duffy or some other no hoper? Be careful what you wish for.

neil7908
01-12-2018, 05:39 PM
I do think Lennon hasn't seemed quite right since the coin throw incident. This is the same team that beat Hamilton 6-0. They are not a bad group of players but its beginning to feel like something isn't right

Hi Heid Yin
01-12-2018, 05:52 PM
The Manager:
Is still the best manager we have had since Turnbull, but wears his heart on his sleeve and suffers from depression, which brings self doubt and, yes, self pity into the equation.
I would suggest that we are witnessing him going through one of those lows, which, yes, I do feel has affected his judgment regarding team selections, formations and tactics.
Today ( the Kilmarnock away game ) was a disaster in all 3 areas.
His lack of confidence in his own future and his team is perhaps transmitting onto the field of play. The constant chopping and changing indicates a manager struggling to know his best team. The mitigating cicumstances (injuries in particular) have been well documented and should also be taking onboard.
For me, he is resolute enough to overcome this current malaise and I'm sure he and his back room staff are identifying areas to strengthen in the January window.
Neil Lennon is a born winner and a leader and I'm sure that he will be kicking himself for allowing self-pity and doubt to creep in and affect his own performance. So, I'm convinced that he will give himself a royal kick up the backside, pick himself up and regain that passion and desire. This will transmit itself to the players. Neil is itching to see new faces on the field and he will, I'm sure, be badgering Leeann to cough up the significant fees needed to acquire the type of player this current side badly needs - in particular in midfield.

So, for me there is no crisis with Neil Lennon.

The players:

Without question our midfield is our Achilles heel.
Compared to last season, we simply lack the aggression, the speed of thought, the drive and the creativity from this vital area of our team. Our front guys are all but starved of being set up by our midfielders - so even Kamberi ( unquestionably quality and a handful) is struggling to deliver - and so his confidence inevitably dips.

Too many players have not delivered for us and should be sent back to their respective loan clubs asap - and, yes, I have to regretfully include Maclaren in this. His season has all but been a write-off and we can't afford to indulge him during the forthcoming and critical 2nd half of the season.

All in all I feel that we are 2 quality midfielders and 1 quality striker short of the team of last season.
The January window is absolutely pivotal to us finishing the season strongly.
Secure the right players (Allan being one of them) as we did in the last January window and we can end the season on a high.

So, for me there is no crisis with the players at this stage, but certainly concerns. This present bunch have turned in some cracking performances to date, but equally thrown us some abject ones to boot.
A few tweaks here and there, supplemented with some new faces and we will be back in business.

Conclusion:
We are far from a club in crisis.
In fact, it's laughable to even talk in such terms.
Everything about our clubs structure, our fan base, our stadium, our training ground, our manager, our leaders (in particular Leeann) indicates a healthy environment - the envy of most other clubs in The SPL.

MGmick
01-12-2018, 05:53 PM
I do think Lennon hasn't seemed quite right since the coin throw incident. This is the same team that beat Hamilton 6-0. They are not a bad group of players but its beginning to feel like something isn't right

Was the "coin throw incident" perhaps a subliminal suggestion it was a time for change? :shrug:

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 05:53 PM
The Manager:
Is still the best manager we have had since Turnbull, but wears his heart on his sleeve and suffers from depression, which brings self doubt and, yes, self pity into the equation.
I would suggest that we are witnessing him going through one of those lows, which, yes, I do feel has affected his judgment regarding team selections, formations and tactics.
His lack of confidence in his own future and his team is perhaps transmitting onto the field of play. The constant chopping and changing indicates a manager struggling to know his best team. The mitigating cicumstances (injuries in particular) have been well documented and should also be taking onboard.
For me, he is resolute enough to overcome this current malaise and I'm sure he and his back room staff are identifying areas to strengthen in the January window.
Neil Lennon is a born winner and a leader and I'm sure that he will be kicking himself for allowing self-pity and doubt to creep in and affect his own performance. So, I'm convinced that he will give himself a royal kick up the backside, pick himself up and regain that passion and desire. This will transmit itself to the players. Neil is itching to see new faces on the field and he will, I'm sure, be badgering Leeann to cough up the significant fees needed to acquire the type of player this current side badly needs - in particular in midfield.

The players:

Compared to last season, we simply lack the aggression, the speed of thought, the drive and the creativity from this vital area of our team. Our front guys are all but starved of being set up by our midfielders - so even Kamberi ( unquestionably quality and a handful) is struggling to deliver - and so his confidence inevitably dips.

Too many players have not delivered for us and should be sent back to their respective loan clubs asap - and, yes, I have to regretfully include Maclaren in this. His season has all but been a write-off and we can't afford to indulge him during the forthcoming and critical 2nd half of the season.

All in all I feel that we are 2 quality midfielders and 1 quality striker short of the team of last season.
Secure the right players (Allan being one of them) as we did in the last January window and we can end the season on a high.

So, for me there is no crisis with the players at this stage, but certainly concerns. This present bunch have turned in some cracking performances to date, but equally thrown us some abject ones to boot.
A few tweaks here and there, supplemented with some new faces and we will be back in business.

Conclusion:
Everything about our clubs structure, our fan base, our stadium, our training ground, our manager, our leaders (in particular Leeann) indicates a healthy environment - the envy of most other clubs in The SPL.

This

matty_f
01-12-2018, 05:59 PM
The Manager:

The players:

Conclusion:

Your last paragraph is probably right, but the leaders at the club - Dempster and Lennon, should be on the front foot with communicating this and making sure that it's demonstrated on the pitch.

neil7908
01-12-2018, 06:06 PM
The Manager:

The players:

Conclusion:

I don't think we are anywhere near crisis but we are sliding and I'm worried how it's going to be reversed.

I'm also not sure about the whole "born winner" thing - what does that actually mean? It hasn't felt like we've had a born winner at the helm the last few games.

This is not a Lennon out post, he needs more time and if there is stuff going on behind the scenes I hope the club is helping him but we need to start picking up points and fast.

lyonhibs
01-12-2018, 06:29 PM
I'm led to believe the pies are still crap and it's a bit nippy that the gate or the back of the West stand at the corner with the south seems to be locked a lot after games.

Hi Heid Yin
01-12-2018, 06:29 PM
I don't think we are anywhere near crisis but we are sliding and I'm worried how it's going to be reversed.

I'm also not sure about the whole "born winner" thing - what does that actually mean? It hasn't felt like we've had a born winner at the helm the last few games.

This is not a Lennon out post, he needs more time and if there is stuff going on behind the scenes I hope the club is helping him but we need to start picking up points and fast.

I agree that we are , as you say, sliding, but that will not be allowed to continue by Neil Lennon or indeed Leeann. Thus my emphasis on the January transfer window.

Neil Lennon was feared on the pitch by most opponents, as he demonstrated 110% commitment and that "born winner" behaviour in practically every game - his desire and passion were evident. He was an aggressive and abrasive character on the pitch, but is actually a likeable, intelligent and reflective guy off it. This is his personality.
He, as a manager, has not lost that desire to win at all costs mentality. He gets frustrated when he sees his own players not showing this same desire, but he has to temper his anger and frustration as a manager, which he does most of the time.

BullsCloseHibs
01-12-2018, 06:33 PM
The very fact clubs like Livingston, St Johnstone and Killie are doing far better than us should be a major concern.

Hi Heid Yin
01-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Your last paragraph is probably right, but the leaders at the club - Dempster and Lennon, should be on the front foot with communicating this and making sure that it's demonstrated on the pitch.

I agree that Leeann has been quieter/more low profile than usual recently, but I'm sure that behind the scenes she has had a few chats to Neil about his and the teams performances of late.

Libby Hibby
01-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Can’t even have a moan at ER’s sound system as we were away

Hi Heid Yin
01-12-2018, 06:42 PM
The very fact clubs like Livingston, St Johnstone and Killie are doing far better than us should be a major concern.

It's always a source of frustration to see so-called "smaller" clubs out performing us in the league.

But I only get really concerned when such clubs actually finish the season above us in the table - and more so if they did it season after season!

Bobby's Cinema
01-12-2018, 06:50 PM
What is it 1 defeat at Easter Road this calendar year?

If you asked me right now are we in a better or worse position if Neil Lennon was gone tomorrow the answer for me is undoubtedly worse.

Keep the faith :flag:

familyman
01-12-2018, 07:15 PM
ok but where is the £2m?

The Manager:

The players:

Conclusion:

Greensunshine
01-12-2018, 07:20 PM
How?

The board should have moved heaven and earth to keep Scotty Allan.

greenpaper55
01-12-2018, 07:24 PM
:agree: You get what you pay for and we never did.

Hi Heid Yin
01-12-2018, 07:24 PM
ok but where is the £2m?

A good question and one that most of us have asked/are asking.
McGinns fee was not counted in the last yearly figures, so maybe, just maybe, there is a nice tidy sum sitting in our coffers for Leeann and co to release in the January transfer window.

Speedway
01-12-2018, 07:33 PM
The board should have moved heaven and earth to keep Scotty Allan.

What makes you think they didn’t?

ronaldo7
01-12-2018, 07:35 PM
I agree that we are , as you say, sliding, but that will not be allowed to continue by Neil Lennon or indeed Leeann. Thus my emphasis on the January transfer window.

Neil Lennon was feared on the pitch by most opponents, as he demonstrated 110% commitment and that "born winner" behaviour in practically every game - his desire and passion were evident. He was an aggressive and abrasive character on the pitch, but is actually a likeable, intelligent and reflective guy off it. This is his personality.
He, as a manager, has not lost that desire to win at all costs mentality. He gets frustrated when he sees his own players not showing this same desire, but he has to temper his anger and frustration as a manager, which he does most of the time.

Or the heid honcho not supporting him. I might have missed it, but when Lennon was going through the wringer after the coin throwing incident, I'd have thought our club could have done more to support him. The CEO failed, (unless I've missed something, and I apologise if I have, it's been a busy time) :wink:

Greensunshine
01-12-2018, 07:39 PM
What makes you think they didn’t?

I haven’t seen him play for Hibs this season. We should have tied him up in a contract a long time ago, we didn’t and now we pay the price.

CMac1988
01-12-2018, 07:49 PM
Or the heid honcho not supporting him. I might have missed it, but when Lennon was going through the wringer after the coin throwing incident, I'd have thought our club could have done more to support him. The CEO failed, (unless I've missed something, and I apologise if I have, it's been a busy time) :wink:

Not so much the coin throwing incident but I always felt the club let Lennon down by not giving a statement of support in regards to his sectarian abuse.

tamig
01-12-2018, 07:54 PM
I haven’t seen him play for Hibs this season. We should have tied him up in a contract a long time ago, we didn’t and now we pay the price.

What if Celtic decided they didn’t want to sell to us after the McGinn affair?

ronaldo7
01-12-2018, 07:54 PM
Not so much the coin throwing incident but I always felt the club let Lennon down by not giving a statement of support in regards to his sectarian abuse.

Agree completely. We've sat on our hands as a club in the last few years, as "The Rangers", and others have been playing the sectarian card in full view. It's time our board, and I include the fans reps in this, stand up and be counted in support of our manager.