PDA

View Full Version : Should Neil Lennon remain hibs manager?

Pages : [1] 2

we are hibs
01-12-2018, 04:42 PM
Made an arse of the last thread. Yes or no.

Fuzzywuzzy
01-12-2018, 04:44 PM
Lidl nappies are generally better than papers and a lot cheaper

01-12-2018, 04:46 PM
No. Strachan please

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 04:46 PM

:duck:

we are hibs
01-12-2018, 04:47 PM

Spanish sand is usually better for sticking your head in than Scottish sand.

RossScott1991
01-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Yes, but ask me again at end of December. Now is the time to see our club through this rut we are in. If Lennon can take responsibility and see error in his ways over the constant changing and team selections then we can claw back. Game vs Aberdeen in cup were we played extremely well is what this current group of players are capable of producing.

some of the players need to take a look at themselves and help out the manager. Boyle is one of the worse suspects In recent weeks. Many others though

Hi Heid Yin
01-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Sad to see this thread, and I voted Yes!

Borderhibbie76
01-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Yes, but ask me again at end of December. Now is the time to see our club through this rut we are in. If Lennon can take responsibility and see error in his ways over the constant changing and team selections then we can claw back. Game vs Aberdeen in cup were we played extremely well is what this current group of players are capable of producing.

some of the players need to take a look at themselves and help out the manager. Boyle is one of the worse suspects In recent weeks. Many others thoughFunny tho how he drops everyone bar Boyle and Mallan - both have been murder for at least 2 months now...

It's a yes for me for now...but we have to take 6 points from next 2 games to arrest this slide or he could be a goner

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
01-12-2018, 04:51 PM
He gets the next 2 games to sort this utter sheeiitte out. Failure to win any of them and he’s out because Celtic and Rangers will rag doll us big time.

bingo70
01-12-2018, 04:52 PM
It’s not a yes or no question IMO.

A lot depends on how much he really still wants to be here.

I think he doesn’t want to quit but I’m not sure that equates to the same thing as really wanting to be here and having the same enthusiasm now as he had on day one in the job.

I don’t think I want him to be sacked yet as it’s too early for that. I wouldn’t be disappointed if he quits though.

highland hibbee
01-12-2018, 04:54 PM

Not so long ago he was the best thing since sliced bread. Now’s the time to see what he’s made of, and it’s probably stronger stuff than those who are on his back.
Disappointing again, but Killie are well drilled and have a great record this year .
Back to the drawing board, but a good manager doesn’t become bad overnight.

Ozyhibby
01-12-2018, 04:55 PM
No. Strachan please

Strachan couldn’t even be arsed moving back to Scotland for that job, I doubt he would be right for us. There are two managers in the spfl at smaller clubs who would be a much better fit.
And I’m not sure we should get rid of Lennon yet. Need to find out what is going wrong with recruitment first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SideBurns
01-12-2018, 04:56 PM
Can't vote on my phone, but no. And nothing would please me more than if he proved me wrong.

st3vie
01-12-2018, 04:57 PM
Sack the board not Lennon

:nlgwa

B.H.F.C
01-12-2018, 04:58 PM
I think Lennon might be asking himself this question as well.

MWHIBBIES

The board weren't playing today.

Michael

Neither was Lennon.

cabbageandribs1875
01-12-2018, 04:59 PM

they should have been, might have been a different result

James310
01-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Is that what we have become now? A club that sacks a manager after some bad results?

So we sack him and get another manager and he has a few bad months and we sack him and we go round and round in circles.

No absolutely not, we stick with Neil and support him and the team to turn it around.

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 05:00 PM
If he’s fully committed and thinks he’s the best man for the job then yes.

Sadly, it doesn’t come across that way at the moment.

cabbageandribs1875
01-12-2018, 05:01 PM
stay, for now anyway :)

Hibernia&Alba
If he still wants the job, yes.

MWHIBBIES
Neither was Lennon.

No but he signed 7 players who started.

Ozyhibby
Is that what we have become now? A club that sacks a manager after some bad results?

So we sack him and get another manager and he has a few bad months and we sack him and we go round and round in circles.

No absolutely not, we stick with Neil and support him and the team to turn it around.

Questions need asked as to why we are performing so badly with the amount of money the fans have put into the club. Where is it all going because we are not seeing it out on the pitch.

B.H.F.C

I don’t think it’s time to sack Lennon yet. But if managers don’t get results that’s what happens. There isn’t much happening just now tomsuggest it’s going to change and his lineup today was a disgrace.

Northernhibee

The most ridiculous thing I’ve seen in ages. **** me.

They’ve backed him.

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Questions need asked as to why we are performing so badly with the amount of money the fans have put into the club. Where is it all going because we are not seeing it out on the pitch.

I suspect we are seeing it out on the pitch, we just don't like what we are seeing in the last five games.

lord bunberry
01-12-2018, 05:07 PM
He gets the next 2 games to sort this utter sheeiitte out. Failure to win any of them and he’s out because Celtic and Rangers will rag doll us big time.
You think they’ll rag doll us when we’re playing well.

bingo70
01-12-2018, 05:07 PM

I don’t think it’s just about the results.

He questioned his future after the derby at tynecastle last season. This season after the derby he questioned his future in Scottish football. After the St Johnstone game it was rumoured in here from some well respected itk posters that he told the players he may be away, I know we don’t know if that’s true or not but it’s added to the perception he’s not totally committed. We then had talk from him yesterday about us having hit a glass ceiling. I know in isolation those comments could have been taken out of context but it’s all pointing to a bigger picture that he’s maybe just not that fussed about being here.

I think most (nearly all) would give him the benefit of the doubt regarding all of the above but when it starts to look on the pitch like we’ve lost interest too then of course there’ll come a time people start to question the manager.

pacoluna
01-12-2018, 05:08 PM
The most ridiculous thing I’ve seen in ages. **** me.

They’ve backed him.

How exactly? Kamberi at a snip and Mallan .. both players we will make money from, the rest all loanees. The reason we keep going around in circles is because we are far too shrewd at the top.

01-12-2018, 05:09 PM

The money is going into Whittaker at right wing back, Efe in midfield, and Stevenson for 5 minutes at the end. Not sure what Petrie has to do with that but I’m sure you can tell us.

Hibs90
01-12-2018, 05:11 PM
His time is up.

Team Selections/Formations/Tactics/Late,strange subs
Poor results over the piece apart from the second half of last season
Media comments - "squad full of rejects" being one
Recruitment has been nothing short of woeful

We have to act now before its too late and we go through December stuck in 9th/10th/11th

broondog
01-12-2018, 05:11 PM
We’re in free fall at the moment and I think he’s taken us as far as he can.been an excellen manager but think he is close to giving up himself.probablt time to start looking at other options sooner rather than later

A Hi-Bee
01-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Stupid Poll that I just cannot answer, who, when would we replace him with and with what funds would anyone else get, with all the same people in the background, like I say its a stupid poll.

BoomtownHibees
How exactly? Kamberi at a snip and Mallan .. both players we will make money from, the rest all loanees. The reason we keep going around in circles is because we are far too shrewd at the top.

These 2 will make us £0 if they continue playing the way they are

Hermit Crab
You think they’ll rag doll us when we’re playing well.

Celtic did. We got away with it only being 4-2. That could have been 7 or 8.

Hibs90
01-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Stupid Poll that I just cannot answer, who, when would we replace him with and with what funds would anyone else get, with all the same people in the background, like I say its a stupid poll.

The poll isn't asking who should replace him its asking if he should go or not.

percy veer
01-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Spanish sand is usually better for sticking your head in than Scottish sand.

probs the same guys who thought butcher will come good in the end and Duffy may just do a job for us.

bingo70
01-12-2018, 05:17 PM
We’re in free fall at the moment and I think he’s taken us as far as he can.been an excellen manager but think he is close to giving up himself.probablt time to start looking at other options sooner rather than later

In amongst all the many other posts and threads on the subject I think this post sums it up pretty perfectly.

He’s been good but I think most will recognise he’s not going to be here long term and it’s unlikely to get better for him than it was last season.

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 05:19 PM
The poll isn't asking who should replace him its asking if he should go or not.

These are not unrelated questions. What's the point of abandoning the current manager for a run of five poor league games if the consequence may be a weaker manager, no difference to the squad and a period of uncertainty through December when we have a glut of games.

Hibs90
01-12-2018, 05:23 PM
These are not unrelated questions. What's the point of abandoning the current manager for a run of five poor league games if the consequence may be a weaker manager, no difference to the squad and a period of uncertainty through December when we have a glut of games.

Cool, we will just carry on with woeful performances and dropping down the table then.

Accepting sub-standard results and performance is exactly the reason we found ourselves down in the Championship in the first place.

we are hibs
01-12-2018, 05:24 PM

Stubbs signed better players on a lesser budget. Please spare me how the board have done Lennon over..its nonsense. His signings, his tactics and quite frankly his attitude in recent weeks is the reason we are struggling right now. The standard of football under lennon during his whole tenure apart from January till may this year has ranged between bog standard and average. Championship season was fair enough because we needed up no matter what but we didn't exactly do it in style and ended up matching the same points tally Alan Stubbs got in his previous two seasons (which he was slammed despite having hearts and rangers in the league first season and rangers the following). First half of last season was average and the first half of this has been terrible.

This is the worst hibs team since relegation. We look incapable of keeping a clean sheet or scoring at the minute.

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Cool, we will just carry on with woeful performances and dropping down the table then.

Accepting sub-standard results and performance is exactly the reason we found ourselves down in the Championship in the first place.

Err, ok.

As I said getting rid of Lennon and who may replace him are not unrelated questions.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-12-2018, 05:27 PM

I think he doesn’t want to quit but I’m not sure that equates to the same thing as really wanting to be here and having the same enthusiasm now as he had on day one in the job.

I don’t think I want him to be sacked yet as it’s too early for that. I wouldn’t be disappointed if he quits though.

I'd go along with this.

we are hibs
01-12-2018, 05:28 PM

What if he goes and we bring in a better manager? Why is it every time a manager leaves a club people say "but who will we get that's an improvement?". It's better to get someone in now to assess the squad ahead of January/next summer than sticking with a manager who has had 1 good transfer window out of 5

stoneyburn hibs
01-12-2018, 05:29 PM
Ridiculous, 6 games without a win, 4 games without scoring. This is by far and away the worst run in a very long time. I wonder if this place is full of Hertz fuds or 15 year olds.

You have a very short memory.

Weegreenman
01-12-2018, 05:31 PM

Also sad to see this thread but we are in free fall and shipping goals. The manager has openly admitted we’ve hit a glass ceiling and after considering his position twice, his body language is of a guy who is not currently happy with his lot.? I’m voting NO

supermcginn
01-12-2018, 05:34 PM
Time for a change

chrisski33
01-12-2018, 05:34 PM
Personnally think we are lucky to have lennon and this thread is stupid. He will turn it around

Hibs90
01-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Err, ok.

As I said getting rid of Lennon and who may replace him are not unrelated questions.

Of course they are not, but that is not what this thread is asking.

If we carry on as is we will all be regretting it come the end of the season.

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 05:38 PM
What if he goes and we bring in a better manager? Why is it every time a manager leaves a club people say "but who will we get that's an improvement?". It's better to get someone in now to assess the squad ahead of January/next summer than sticking with a manager who has had 1 good transfer window out of 5

Firstly getting rid of Lennon without thinking about his replacement would be exactly the kind of short term-ism that plenty of posters have been happy to lambast the club for in respect of McGinn going and failing to plan adequately for his replacement. They can't have it both ways.

Secondly the vast majority of posters weren't taking the "but who will we get that's an improvement?" position when we were wanting rid of Calderwood, Fenlon, Duffy which was because they were dreadful, out of their depth and had little by way of redeeming features. Lennon is a vastly different proposition and if people are going to suggest emptying him for a run of 5 or 6 bad games amid what has otherwise been decent football and performing well then the least they should expect is legitimate questions about what kind of fire we are being asked to jump into out of this frying pan. It's not an unfair question.

Hibees1973
01-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Lennon needs at least until the end of December. If this poor run continues we could be in a relegation battle which would make the decision of the Hibs board easier.

A few things Lennon does has annoyed me recently. He always says ‘at this level’ which seems to me he feels he is not just above us but above this level of football.

Also persisting with a back three/five in defence.

After today the alarm bells are now ringing. Forget about all this rubbish about dips in form. This Hibs team are on the slide.

December will tell us how good a manager Lennon is. This is his squad, his signings and we need to pick up wins quick.

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Also sad to see this thread but we are in free fall and shipping goals. The manager has openly admitted we’ve hit a glass ceiling and after considering his position twice, his body language is of a guy who is not currently happy with his lot.? I’m voting NO

No he hasn't. But I see this is fast becoming a .net 'fact'.

stoneyburn hibs
01-12-2018, 05:42 PM

People see what they want to see.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-12-2018, 05:43 PM
How long is Lennon’s contract ? Can we afford to sack him if it’s a long contract ? To me there is a decent team there but can he get them playing ?

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 05:43 PM
People see what they want to see.

You're not ****ing kidding.

Lago
01-12-2018, 05:45 PM

Ok, but he hasn't disagreed with others assessment that we have hit a glass ceiling.

NAE NOOKIE
01-12-2018, 05:46 PM
I voted yes. But for a Hibs manager ( any Hibs manager ) in this era of the club's history things aint what they used to be.

Hibs were one bad season away from a disaster it would have taken us a decade or more to recover from. A disaster which even a promotion at the fourth time of asking wouldn't have enabled us to recover from to be anything like the club we are just now, with 13,000 ST holders. Only winning the Scottish cup and getting promoted the following season ( a promotion I would have expected from any Hibs manager with the players we had ) saved us from that nightmare scenario.

From that point of view we simply cannot sit back and hope that a manager has the ability to turn around a bad run of form, certainly not to the extent that we can turn a blind eye to a bad run looking like it will become a disastrous run … we did that with Butcher and boy did we pay for it. In this case the loudest alarm bell was chucking away a 2 - 0 led at home to a club who haven't been able to buy a goal, never mind a win, since the season started and following that up with a bizarre team selection away to Killie this afternoon and having to change the team and formation drastically at half time, something we keep having to do in games and a sure sign that Neil Lennon is not the worlds best at getting his tactics right before a game.

Being able to change things during a game is a sign of a good manager …. having to do it in practically every game because you set up wrong to begin with isn't. And the fact that he insists on putting round pegs into square holes isn't helping IMO.

If we only pick up a point on Wednesday, or heaven forbid were to lose, we could well come to the start of January with 20 points on the board or even 19 …. that is relegation form and then we would have some serious questions to ask … we will get past Elgin in the cup, but a bad draw in the next round could effectively end our season before the end of February.

So its a Yes just now …….. in 6 weeks time that could easily become a no if our form continues.

JJP
01-12-2018, 05:46 PM
I’m not happy with recent results but no, we should not be sacking Lennon. I’m keeping faith that he will turn things around.

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Ok, but he hasn't disagreed with others assessment that we have hit a glass ceiling.

So this STV 'When did you stop beating your wife?' line of questioning is now to be turned into an entirely spuriously legitimate line of attack on him by some of the club's own fans? It's red herring, false pish.

There are plenty of genuine grounds for debating his performance but this really is not one of them.

One Day Soon
01-12-2018, 05:51 PM
I voted yes. But for a Hibs manager ( any Hibs manager ) in this era of the club's history things aint what they used to be.

Hibs were one bad season away from a disaster it would have taken us a decade or more to recover from. A disaster which even a promotion at the fourth time of asking wouldn't have enabled us to recover from to be anything like the club we are just now, with 13,000 ST holders. Only winning the Scottish cup and getting promoted the following season ( a promotion I would have expected from any Hibs manager with the players we had ) saved us from that nightmare scenario.

From that point of view we simply cannot sit back and hope that a manager has the ability to turn around a bad run of form, certainly not to the extent that we can turn a blind eye to a bad run looking like it will become a disastrous run … we did that with Butcher and boy did we pay for it. In this case the loudest alarm bell was chucking away a 2 - 0 led at home to a club who haven't been able to buy a goal, never mind a win, since the season started and following that up with a bizarre team selection away to Killie this afternoon and having to change the team and formation drastically at half time, something we keep having to do in games and a sure sign that Neil Lennon is not the worlds best at getting his tactics right before a game.

Being able to change things during a game is a sign of a good manager …. having to do it in practically every game because you set up wrong to begin with isn't. And the fact that he insists on putting round pegs into square holes isn't helping IMO.

If we only pick up a point on Wednesday, or heaven forbid were to lose, we could well come to the start of January with 20 points on the board or even 19 …. that is relegation form and then we would have some serious questions to ask … we will get past Elgin in the cup, but a bad draw in the next round could effectively end our season before the end of February.

So its a Yes just now …….. in 6 weeks time that could easily become a no if our form continues.

This is fair. Six weeks time is one thing, 6 game run of poor results is not.

emerald green
01-12-2018, 05:59 PM
I wonder where Hibs would be able to get a top class coach/manager who would be able to come in and change things around practically straight away?

Presumably he would be so good he is without a club at the moment?...:rolleyes: Or are people suggesting Hibs should approach other clubs for permission to speak to their coach/managers? Permission which would almost certainly be refused, particularly at this stage of the season.

If the slide continues after the new year, and it's obvious something is very wrong in the dressing room, then the board might need to take swift action then, and not leave things until it's too late like the board did with Butcher & Malpas. That scenario just cannot be contemplated.

Hibees1973
01-12-2018, 05:59 PM

Good post....give Lennon until the winter break. If this form continues throughout December my feeling is that he will resign or the usual agreement to part.

My feelings just now are that he will go as we have a tough run of fixtures in December.

DetroitHibs
01-12-2018, 06:09 PM
I'd bin Rod, Leeann and every other stooge behind the scenes before Lennon.

stoneyburn hibs
01-12-2018, 06:10 PM

I'm hoping you'll be binned.

Smartie
01-12-2018, 06:13 PM

I wouldn't be binning anyone at this stage, but I think more questions need to be asked of the man who is using our players in this way long before we start questioning the people who have built a reasonable platform for him to succeed.

Lennon needs to get a grip and somehow scrape what he can between now and January before effectively addressing our glaring deficiencies early in the window.

Rod, Leeann and the stooges must enable him to do so.

And our job is to support them, tough and unappealing as it might seem right now.

howdenthehibby
01-12-2018, 06:19 PM
Stubbs is out of a job at the moment , how about employing him again as genaral manager (Great eye for a player )and head of recruitment, and letting Lennon get on with the job of coaching and motivation , fancivul maybe . But what a team they could make.

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 06:22 PM
I wonder where Hibs would be able to get a top class coach/manager who would be able to come in and change things around practically straight away?

Presumably he would be so good he is without a club at the moment?...:rolleyes: Or are people suggesting Hibs should approach other clubs for permission to speak to their coach/managers? Permission which would almost certainly be refused, particularly at this stage of the season.

If the slide continues after the new year, and it's obvious something is very wrong in the dressing room, then the board might need to take swift action then, and not leave things until it's too late like the board did with Butcher & Malpas. That scenario just cannot be contemplated.

Strachan would take the job and put everything into it. Clarke also. Not buying this nobody else out there routine. Not that I want a change in manager IF the manager is committed as he should be.

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Stubbs is out of a job at the moment , how about employing him again as genaral manager (Great eye for a player )and head of recruitment, and letting Lennon get on with the job of coaching and motivation , fancivul maybe . But what a team they could make.

Aye because Lennon would be right up for that 😂😂

howdenthehibby
01-12-2018, 06:29 PM
Aye because Lennon would be right up for that 😂😂
Aye I know ! I must admit I've had a few , but what a dream team that would be , Would it not ?

emerald green
01-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Strachan would take the job and put everything into it. Clarke also. Not buying this nobody else out there routine. Not that I want a change in manager IF the manager is committed as he should be.

The bit in bold. How do you know? Perhaps you know both Strachan and Clark? Just asking.

I'm happy for NL to stay, but he MUST turn things around soon. At the moment, I cannot see Hibs (playing as they are right now) beating Celtic and/or The Rangers (twice) or even Hearts all in the next few weeks.

Albanian Hibs
01-12-2018, 06:34 PM
If he doesn't get anything against st mirren and Hamilton then yes

BegbieHSC
01-12-2018, 06:50 PM
Tbh, I back Lenny 100% atm. 50% of the games in this run we’d all have been happy with draws (Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic away.) This time next week though, and we’re still winless, I’ll ask questions of him. Player for player, we should at least be top 6.

In terms of depth and actually improving the squad, the board have hung him out dry though .

He commented last season when we were doing well that the squad was too thin - we came out the transfer window this season with fewer players. That suggests a biscuit tin mentality, and an abject failure to back the manager. I’m definitely asking questions of the board - particularly Dempster & Petrie.

DetroitHibs
01-12-2018, 06:51 PM

Hoping you grow up and stop acting like a school boy.

Captain Trips
01-12-2018, 06:56 PM
He should totally remain but I find our different line ups and formations frustrating.

Please sort it.

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Aye I know ! I must admit I've had a few , but what a dream team that would be , Would it not ?

I would love it but would never happen unfortunately.

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 07:02 PM
The bit in bold. How do you know? Perhaps you know both Strachan and Clark? Just asking.

I'm happy for NL to stay, but he MUST turn things around soon. At the moment, I cannot see Hibs (playing as they are right now) beating Celtic and/or The Rangers (twice) or even Hearts all in the next few weeks.

I know for a fact Strachan would take the Hibs job as his perfect way to
End his time in football. Clarke I meant to add “should be asked the yestion also”, sorry.

The rest I’m in agreement with. December is going to be hard as ****. Lennon being the character he is I’ve much doubt he will react anything but mental to getting pumped off even two of the 4 games. It’s a tough tough situation we find ourselves in now fuelled by the press conference and ludicrous team today then subs.

Pedantic_Hibee
01-12-2018, 07:03 PM
Absolutely. Where is our loyalty to the man ffs.

Greensunshine
01-12-2018, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=One Day Soon;5617071]No he hasn't. But I see this is fast becoming a .net 'fact'.[/QUOT

He did admit we may possibly have hit a glass ceiling or we may have platued. That’s not something fans want to hear from their manager.

01-12-2018, 07:06 PM

What? I’m loyal to Hibs, not Neil ****ing Lennon.

bingo70
01-12-2018, 07:09 PM

If he was offered a better job that he felt was better than this one would he be loyal to us? FWIW I wouldn’t expect him to be.

familyman
01-12-2018, 07:12 PM

You must ask what can be achieved in terms of inspiring players when he adopts such a negative pre match stance..this smacks of a man under pressure and sad he responds like that..we need to give him some time but equally where is the £2million for player J McG. ,Scot Allan now essential and adopting a more positive stance can still be realistic ,setting the bar a bit lower is ok short term but come on HIBS ARE A CAPITAL OUTFIT and should blow away Kilmarnock and Dundee 9 times out of 10...we need to step up and very fast.Once expectations are set we need the board and manager to continue to match and improve things not supervise over decline....Win ugly short term is almost ok but not for long this is Hibs:agree:

greenpaper55
01-12-2018, 07:21 PM
I would never vote to get rid of a manager if you could see that there was some sort of plan behind the decisions that he takes. Blaming the glass ceiling is not good enough in my opinion for the recent results , if i thought that the manager had no resources or the team was hard hit by injury and had to play half of the second team in the last six matches against teams that were our equal then he would be off the hook but sadly i don't think he has the nous to sort out the state we are in at the moment, entirely his fault sadly.

DetroitHibs
01-12-2018, 07:25 PM
A club the size of Hibs shouldn't have endured the shambles that's plaqued us for years. When the product on the pitch is good, the fans turn out in numbers, we have shown that we will turn out if product on the pitch is good. Unfortunately it's been substandard for too long now. EVERYTHING is in place for the club to grow and thrive, why hasn't it? It can't keep being the managers fault.

bordergreen
01-12-2018, 07:29 PM

We are pretty dire at the moment, and sometimes Lennon's tactics baffle me. Sometimes he get's it very wrong. We have had to replace a whole midfield though. Undoubtedly the feel good factor has slipped, and that is inevitably hitting attendances, which is in turn affecting performances and vice versa.

Lennon was not so long ago loved by the majority of the support, because he is a winner mainly. The recruitment was always going to be difficult in the summer, and it has clearly not worked. He has to be given the chance to put this right in January. We are all frustrated, but a bit of patience is required.

If we are still Mince in March, then we should be very worried. The manager, the team and the players need all the support they can get. Leave slating everyone and their dug to other teams (huns, huns wi nae bus fares etc) fans.

I would like to see more of Slivka. He is not the answer on his own, but could play a part given a proper chance. There is definitely a player in there.

I don't know how we sort it out. If I did, I would phone Leanne and Rod and ask for a job. Mon the Hibees!

truehibernian
01-12-2018, 07:34 PM
Neil is struggling and it was clear after Tynecastle. Said at the time he needed to step aside, take a break, recharge - can easily see him walking soon to be honest. Line up today was beyond bizarre and so unlike a NL side it’s untrue - don’t think it was ‘making a statement’, more a guy who’s lost focus last month or so.

The players need to really step up though, especially the ‘injured’ ones - I’m cynical and question how injured they are and I include David Gray in that too - need leaders on the pitch to help the gaffer out, sadly we have the likes of Hyndman and TA who have muscles like twigs !

Beefster
01-12-2018, 07:38 PM

We have a Head of Recruitment, Head of Football Ops and a CEO already.

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 07:39 PM
We have a Head of Recruitment, Head of Football Ops and a CEO already.

Head of recruitment has been pap since the start of 2016. What are they doing?

The Spaceman
01-12-2018, 07:41 PM
100% behind Lennon. He is passionate and a winner. Things aren't always going to go our way, but let's not forget how enjoyable the past 2.5 seasons have been under his leadership, rather than the past 6 games.

#2 Double Tap
01-12-2018, 07:46 PM
Personnally think we are lucky to have lennon and this thread is stupid. He will turn it around

I also think this thread has appeared a little early, but believe it is the other way around, Lennon is lucky to have Hibs.

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 07:48 PM
100% behind Lennon. He is passionate and a winner. Things aren't always going to go our way, but let's not forget how enjoyable the past 2.5 seasons have been under his leadership, rather than the past 6 games.

A winner? I’ve failed to see much evidence of this considering he shat the bed two games out last season then played for a draw at the pbs this season. A winner in a Celtic side or as manager sometimes perhaps but this winner stuff makes no sense.

Swedish hibee
01-12-2018, 07:52 PM
If he doesn't think he can improve the team then he should go. As should any manager. However, while I'm not his biggest fan- he should stay and sort them out as he's the one who bought these players, it's his team now.

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2018, 07:54 PM
When the polls start it's the beginning of the end. Never has a manager recovered from it.

I'm Spartacus
01-12-2018, 07:58 PM

To be honest - you’ve made an arse of this one too [emoji1361][emoji1361][emoji1361]

Lennon MUST stay.

Zazu62
01-12-2018, 07:58 PM
If we get beat of st Mirren I think he’s a goner tbh

james62
01-12-2018, 08:04 PM
I'm not voting for either yes or no, but I think Leanne has to be dragging him in for a meeting on Monday morning (if not tomorrow) and finding out exactly where his head is at. If he's not 100% committed, for whatever reason, we need to thank him for a good 2.5 years and move on.

Hermit Crab
01-12-2018, 08:15 PM
To be honest - you’ve made an arse of this one too [emoji1361][emoji1361][emoji1361]

Lennon MUST stay.

Why MUST he stay?

Smartie
01-12-2018, 08:24 PM
A club the size of Hibs shouldn't have endured the shambles that's plaqued us for years. When the product on the pitch is good, the fans turn out in numbers, we have shown that we will turn out if product on the pitch is good. Unfortunately it's been substandard for too long now. EVERYTHING is in place for the club to grow and thrive, why hasn't it? It can't keep being the managers fault.

It's been substandard for a month and a bit after a few years that were more than acceptable.

Clubs that grow and thrive still encounter blips along the way.

jeffers
01-12-2018, 08:35 PM
I don’t get the chat that he’s not been backed, we paid money for Kamberi, Mallan & Horgan. Milligan supposedly was not willing to sign initially due to wages so I’m guessing we offered him a decent increase to get him to sign. Equally I’m fed up hearing him complain about the midfield we lost in the summer, yes replacing them was going to be a very tall order but IMO he’s not even come close and none of his signings offer the dynamism of SJM never mind the ability. It worries me that not only have his signings haven’t been good enough but we are now in December and he still has no clue how to get the best out of them.

In saying all that I still voted that he should stay but that’s assuming he’s still committed to the job - if not he can leave now. If that is the case I’d bring in Alan Stubbs ‘til the end of the season. I say that as someone who wanted him gone before the Cup Final as I wasn’t convinced he’d get us promoted but I still believe he’d be a decent manager in the top flight.

Hiber-nation
01-12-2018, 08:36 PM
Couldn't really care if he stays or goes now. He doesn't seem the same man as a year ago for whatever reason. You can't select a team like that today and not expect criticism.

Beefster
01-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Head of recruitment has been pap since the start of 2016. What are they doing?

He’s probably at home getting pished on some of the missus’ Bacardi Breezers and crying because some random on the Internet is giving him a crap appraisal.

Greenworld
01-12-2018, 08:46 PM
No

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

pacoluna
01-12-2018, 10:12 PM
I don't understand how people can't grasp the fact that regardless of who our manager is we as a club will just go round in circles. The people at the top have no ambition other than to sell season tickets.

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 10:22 PM
He’s probably at home getting pished on some of the missus’ Bacardi Breezers and crying because some random on the Internet is giving him a crap appraisal.

Can you, another random on the Internet, give him a better appraisal? Because since the start of 2016 it’s been shocking and that’s even before we look into the lack of goungsters being recruited to come into the first team.

Any particular reason we are not apart of the peformance academy either?

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Don't think he must stay but he deserves a chance to turn it around. Next 2 games need 4 points minimum.

andybev1
01-12-2018, 10:34 PM
No, this thread is very 'arse-like' - you still got it fool.

calumhibee1
01-12-2018, 10:38 PM
How many people are we going to allow to give personal abuse to people asking questions about our season? The poster above is one of many and the personal jibes are pathetic.

andybev1
01-12-2018, 10:46 PM
It is a foolish post - like yours. ge rid of some players before lennon.

Scotty Leither
01-12-2018, 11:03 PM
What worried me about today was seeing the line-up beforehand, wondering what position about seven of the players were going to be playing, and then watching the whole shambles unfold before our eyes.

It struck me the formation and tactics was akin to a 20-minute training session where the manager is trying s few things out regarding players/positions/tactics.

Well the place for that, especially when the team is struggling, is on the training ground and not in a live game where the whole plan is almost instantly undone by one of your senior players failing to do the basics and simply clearing his lines.

A basic error like that isn't the manager's fault, but the crazy line-up IS, and his demeanour and disinterested air does suggest his mind is elsewhere I'm afraid.

I hope I'm wrong, but right now we need some of Lennon's legendary bloody-mindedness channelled the right way, and that begins with a win on Wednesday achieved in whatever way possible.

stoneyburn hibs
01-12-2018, 11:12 PM
Hoping you grow up and stop acting like a school boy.

Really? You slate Hibs on almost every thread.

Stuart93
01-12-2018, 11:25 PM
Don't think he must stay but he deserves a chance to turn it around. Next 2 games need 4 points minimum.

Has to be six. Won’t acceot anything other than maximum points. Like many have said lennon deserves a bad run. He’s under immense pressure now though and a bad run in December I think could see him walk rather than being sacked. Hopefully he sorts this out and things turn round

The 90+2
01-12-2018, 11:28 PM
Has to be six. Won’t acceot anything other than maximum points. Like many have said lennon deserves a bad run. He’s under immense pressure now though and a bad run in December I think could see him walk rather than being sacked. Hopefully he sorts this out and things turn round

Yep. 6 is a must.

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2018, 11:49 PM

What you accept or not doesn't matter, after 2 from 6 games 4 from 2 would be fine. 6 would be brilliant.

My_Wife_Camille
02-12-2018, 12:03 AM
Agree with this. It’s the beginning of the end for Lennon and Hibs imo.

Tornadoes70
02-12-2018, 12:15 AM
I don't understand how people can't grasp the fact that regardless of who our manager is we as a club will just go round in circles. The people at the top have no ambition other than to sell season tickets.

Selling season tickets is an essential part of any football club.

Lenny is failing to get the best out of the squad because of bizarre formations and and line ups. Less experienced managers could achieve more with our squad than Lenny is currently due to quite ridiculous decision making by Lenny. If he doesn't act soon by relying on more tried and tested methods then he should go.

I'd also comment that being outraged when beaten by a lesser club like Kilmarnock is no bad thing and an expected reaction just as in being delighted when winning is an expected reaction. Football's an emotional game and folk should refrain from being surprised or indignant when folk display negative reactions when our team is beaten particularly from clubs like Kilmarnock. I know folk who're deeply depressed and raging for days afterwards when hibs are beaten, however, they are there the next game hail, rain or shine. They don't need folk telling them to express unnatural feelings of happy clappy ness.

Delighted after winning - Raging/Unhappy when beat = The highs and lows of being a lifelong Hibernian supporter.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

02-12-2018, 12:36 AM
Looking like there will be a lot of wet mattresses in the morning!

Firstly he's not the Manager, he's the Coach and therefore can only work with the players at his disposal.

Under this current model (and personally I don't subscribe to the myth that we're any better at the next team in structure - just look at Killie who have got a Manager)
It's the start of December. 4 weeks until the transfer window opens and the league shuts down for 3 weeks.
Lennon will have identified weakness in his squad. It's up to those responsible for recruitment to have identified players to come in those positions and also move out those Lennon doesn't think are good enough.

It's most definitely not the time to be removing Lennon.
If we've got such a wonderful recruitment structure they need to bring the right players forward for Lennon.
No point in giving him a winger if he wants a striker, or signing another "International Player" who's either not match fit or injured.

Lennon has proved he can coach a team if given the resources. The last season in the Championship and the first in the Premiership has proved that.

Tornadoes70
02-12-2018, 12:45 AM

Firstly he's not the Manager, he's the Coach and therefore can only work with the players at his disposal.

Under this current model (and personally I don't subscribe to the myth that we're any better at the next team in structure - just look at Killie who have got a Manager)
It's the start of December. 4 weeks until the transfer window opens and the league shuts down for 3 weeks.
Lennon will have identified weakness in his squad. It's up to those responsible for recruitment to have identified players to come in those positions and also move out those Lennon doesn't think are good enough.

If we've got such a wonderful recruitment structure they need to bring the right players forward for Lennon.
No point in giving him a winger if he wants a striker, or signing another "International Player" who's either not match fit or injured.

Lennon has proved he can coach a team if given the resources. The last season in the Championship and the first in the Premiership has proved that.

No need whatsoever for that type of bs statement.

Lenny rightly receives plaudits and respect when engaging in sound management that produces results, however, its plain to most on here that he's currently failing to achieve the optimum from a squad that has the ability to at least match up to teams like Kilmarnock away if not take full points and folk should accept Lenny has to take criticism on the chin when he abjectly gets it wrong as he is clearly doing so in the formation and line up.

Happy clappers are the epitome of accepting failure.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

02-12-2018, 01:03 AM
No need whatsoever for that type of bs statement.

Lenny rightly receives plaudits and respect when engaging in sound management that produces results, however, its plain to most on here that he's currently failing to achieve the optimum from a squad that has the ability to at least match up to teams like Kilmarnock away if not take full points and folk should accept Lenny has to take criticism on the chin when he abjectly gets it wrong as he is clearly doing so in the formation and line up.

Happy clappers are the epitome of accepting failure.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Read the whole post again. I'm suggesting people are overacting but I don't subscribe to all is well.

Happy Clapper trust me I'm far from that. From my post - and personally I don't subscribe to the myth that we're any better at the next team in structure. - because we're not.
If the recruitment is letting the team down it needs to improve or change.
Certain people in the club would have you believe that our structures better than the next club. And people on here lap it up because that's what they want to hear. So yes I agree with you Happy clappers are the epitome of accepting failure.

Tornadoes70
02-12-2018, 02:09 AM
Read the whole post again. I'm suggesting people are overacting but I don't subscribe to all is well.

Happy Clapper trust me I'm far from that. From my post - and personally I don't subscribe to the myth that we're any better at the next team in structure. - because we're not.
If the recruitment is letting the team down it needs to improve or change.
Certain people in the club would have you believe that our structures better than the next club. And people on here lap it up because that's what they want to hear. So yes I agree with you Happy clappers are the epitome of accepting failure.

Your post absolved Lenny from criticism and that stance represents for me a 'happy clapper' and the bed wetter statement was uncalled for.

Repeating myself - Lenny deserves criticism for the way he has recently been setting up the team in an unsuitable manner. Lenny rightly receives praise when setting up the team that delivers results. Its a two way street.

I'm glad you agree with me that Happy Clappers are the epitome of accepting failure because they are as they overlook obvious failings and Lenny has to address the situation of his stubbornness of setting up the team in an unorthodox so far unsuccessful manner or be jettisoned as would be the correct action.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

DetroitHibs
02-12-2018, 02:46 AM
Really? You slate Hibs on almost every thread.

I don't slate Hibs on every thread. I don't slate Neil Lennon or the players. I don't like the way the club is being run and feel we need a change at the very top. I've slated Petrie and Co and will continue to as it's my belief they haven't done enough and been in charge far too long. I'm still of the opinion that club will never thrive and grow as long as those running it are in charge. My anger and frustration are aimed at those people as I think Hibernian FC deserve better than what they have served up.

02-12-2018, 04:20 AM
Your post absolved Lenny from criticism and that stance represents for me a 'happy clapper' and the bed wetter statement was uncalled for.

Repeating myself - Lenny deserves criticism for the way he has recently been setting up the team in an unsuitable manner. Lenny rightly receives praise when setting up the team that delivers results. Its a two way street.

I'm glad you agree with me that Happy Clappers are the epitome of accepting failure because they are as they overlook obvious failings and Lenny has to address the situation of his stubbornness of setting up the team in an unorthodox so far unsuccessful manner or be jettisoned as would be the correct action.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

You obviously don't like my bed wetter comment but it's my view that people do overreact. And they do!
For the record I don't think Lennon is blameless but I also don't think he's 100% to blame, in fact I was in the no camp when he got the job in the first place. I also don't try to profess to know what the root of the problem is. The thread was asking should Lennon remain? I said yes and gave reasons why. If there is a problem behind the scenes which we're unaware of my view might change depending on where the issue lies. It's for the people employed by the Club to manage this to sort it because it's clear that something is not right.

Fuzzywuzzy
02-12-2018, 05:27 AM
Whether we like to admit it, football fans are fickle. Course lennon is cupable for the performance on the pitch but the solution for a run of bad form is not to automatically sack him. The constant changing of formations hasn't helped the players but the players haven't and aren't helping themselves. The international breaks haven't helped as we need a bit of consistency and having the stop/start of the last couple of months has been pish.

I've read on here that no-one is bigger than the club but also that we must retain Gray, a guy that is injured more often than not. I'm not one for sentimentality and he was immense that day, the whole team were, but at some point w we need to move on.

I want to see hibs thrive and move forward as a club. We all want to see hibs win trophys. Supporters of all teams want this. The last few seasons have been a blast but being in the Championship and winning has maybe given us a false sense of expectation. Now we've got this sticky patch after having a statistically good year you would think that the season is over. There's 20 odd games left. Well win, we'll lose and we'll draw. Most will still turn up to see the club we love. Some won't.

Football fans are fickle. Always have been, always will be.

Brizo
02-12-2018, 06:21 AM
Yes he should stay.

We are on a bad run but he has done enough previously to suggest to me that he can get us out of it.

If he can make some astute signings in January things could definitely improve.

Expectations have been raised since promotion and much of that's down to Lennons management. I think in many ways we over achieved last season, this season we may have to take a slight step back before we move forward again.

bigwheel
02-12-2018, 06:26 AM

Is this a serious question....as in are people really thinking he should perhaps go ?

We've had a bad 6 - SIX. Games....before that we were flying. ...had won 4 in a row and right in the mix....

Of course he should stay...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
02-12-2018, 07:09 AM

I don’t think I want him to be sacked yet as it’s too early for that. I wouldn’t be disappointed if he quits though.This is where I am BUT if we don't take at least 4 from the next 6 I might change my opinion on the sack...

Like you tho Bingo I don't think he wants to be here anymore - had that feeling for weeks tbh - and am pretty sure he will be away by the winter break one way or another

Be delighted to be wrong and for him to turn this around tho...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2018, 07:16 AM
Stay.

He needs the players to show guts and determination, not surrender meekly

GreenCastle
02-12-2018, 07:26 AM
I want him to stay at least till end of the season.

He’s the best manager we have had for some time and while we may be going through a bad spell - I would rather him in charge than some of the rubbish managers out there or some of the crap we have had manage the club before Stubbs.

If we struggle till end of the season either he will walk or wenedd a change possibly but doing it mid season would be madness.

I think we all need to get behind him and the players as they really need the support.

The grass isn’t always greener.

we are hibs
02-12-2018, 07:30 AM

Lennon MUST stay.

Anything to back Lennon up or just the usual same old "LENNY WHAT A GUY" dross that's usually the defence for him?

No, this thread is very 'arse-like' - you still got it fool.

Very good you weirdo. How about you give your opinion on a manager who has us on our worst run since our relegation season rather than attack someone asking a valid question.

Is this a serious question....as in are people really thinking he should perhaps go ?

We've had a bad 6 - SIX. Games....before that we were flying. ...had won 4 in a row and right in the mix....

Of course he should stay...

We are on our worst run since relegation under a manager who constantly threatens to leave everytime it doesn't go his way and he's signed some amount of ***** too. What's the defence for him? What has he or this hibs team that he has built shown so far that they can turn this round? Cause at the minute we are waiting to get to January and hoping he can fluke another good window cause he's only had 1 so far. Why don't you think questions should be asked of him?

Hibernia&Alba
02-12-2018, 07:31 AM
Stay.

He needs the players to show guts and determination, not surrender meekly

Not sure Lennon would appreciate the phrase, BF :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2018, 07:32 AM
Not sure Lennon would appreciate the phrase, BF :greengrin

Haha oops, not sure I like it either

Wilson
02-12-2018, 08:21 AM
I want him to stay at least till end of the season.

He’s the best manager we have had for some time and while we may be going through a bad spell - I would rather him in charge than some of the rubbish managers out there or some of the crap we have had manage the club before Stubbs.

If we struggle till end of the season either he will walk or wenedd a change possibly but doing it mid season would be madness.

I think we all need to get behind him and the players as they really need the support.

The grass isn’t always greener.

I always feel waiting and writing off seasons is madness.

We could make the right change now and save THIS season. Keep up the interest of fans that have backed the club in numbers. The right change now gets the ball rolling for next season also.

Waiting too long when the writing is on the wall has been an issue with past managers. We risk waiting too long. Writing off this season. Giving the new manager one window and a pre-season to make us a top team.

Is the writing now on the wall? Does Lennon still seem like the man who can make us 4th (at worst) this season and the next..

Not for me but it's not up to me. It is time though for some frank discussion between LD and Lennon.

Albanian Hibs
02-12-2018, 08:22 AM

Nope. It has to be 6pts.

Beefster
02-12-2018, 08:29 AM
Can you, another random on the Internet, give him a better appraisal?

No. Like you, I don’t have anything like the information needed to appraise him. I have no idea what he does day-to-day, I’ve never spoken or interacted with him.

bigwheel
02-12-2018, 08:36 AM
Anything to back Lennon up or just the usual same old "LENNY WHAT A GUY" dross that's usually the defence for him?

Very good you weirdo. How about you give your opinion on a manager who has us on our worst run since our relegation season rather than attack someone asking a valid question.

We are on our worst run since relegation under a manager who constantly threatens to leave everytime it doesn't go his way and he's signed some amount of ***** too. What's the defence for him? What has he or this hibs team that he has built shown so far that they can turn this round? Cause at the minute we are waiting to get to January and hoping he can fluke another good window cause he's only had 1 so far. Why don't you think questions should be asked of him?

I've no problem with questions being asked of him..but to leap to sacking him when six games ago he was an outstanding boss is an extreme response. Now people want to throw him under a bus...come on..get a bit of balance here...if we struggle all December then fair enough...he has of course questions to answer. So far though, he has done enough with us to deserve support to turn it around during a difficult period.

green day
02-12-2018, 09:04 AM
Steve Clarke or Tommy Wright would love to have the budget he has. It is all about how it is utilised, and we are doing a crap job of it.

Even allowing for some daft signings, he doesnt seem to have a clue as to his best lineup, which probably means that the players are getting pissed off never being in the same position 2 weeks on the trot.

Nobody can persuade me that lineup yesterday was anything other than disrespectful to us fans, it was a joke - not acceptable, and it isnt the first time he has done it.

It is starting to become the Neil Lennon show, and while I have a lot of sympathy with how he gets treated by some - the coin throwing etc - I dont buy a season ticket to watch Neil Lennon.

I can see us beating St Mirren next week then not winning another match in December.

Diclonius
02-12-2018, 09:09 AM
I want him to stay but if he thinks he's not up to it he should resign before things get worse.

RossScott1991
02-12-2018, 09:15 AM
He should be given time, most definitely. 5/6 games without a win in grand scheme of things for a club like Hibs is normal. Now I can accept performances have been awful and the changes of formations and players has been far from ideal from Lennons point of view. It’s something he needs to address quickly and sort out, I am still confident he will, he is not a stupid man he will know all the things that worked last season were because of a settled team. Only recently he has mentioned not having Agyepong and Hyndman fit is causing disruption in the systems. When those two are fit there is a better balance in the way we can play.

I wish the fans could be more supportive rather than call for a managers head, do we really want to go back to the Fenlon butcher calderwood days ? I think neil has earned his right to see us through this horrendous run that we are on. Now is the time to support and not be quick to jump on he guy. Many on hear commented saying he’s the best manager had in their lifetime, you can’t go to one extreme to another and be expected to be taken seriously. Get behind the guy, because I can guarantee you a couple of wins again or a big win against one of the good teams in December and you will all be patting him on the back.

If runs of 5/6 games without a win and mistakes by managers is all it takes to get sacked these days then I don’t want anything to do with it, hibs would have about 3 managers a year, that is the patter Hearts fans unfairly gave Robbie Neilson. Every manger in world football has gone on such runs. Gerrard has even went 5 games this season without a win.

I still support you Lennon, onto Wednesday were we can get out of this slump. GGTTH

BegbieHSC
02-12-2018, 10:05 AM
We’ve had shocking blips before. Mind under Stubbsy in the months leading up to the Scottish Cup win, we had a streak of winning just the once in 8 games? This included getting pumped 3-0 by Morton at Easter Road, and a 2 and a half hour trip to Dumfries on a freezing Tuesday night to see us fail to get a shot on target, and get beat. As well as getting beat by ****ing Dumbarton, Raith Rovers and Alloa.

We’re in a better place now than we were then, and I 100% back Lenny to get us out of this rut.

One Day Soon
02-12-2018, 10:36 AM
So, 75% of us in favour of Lenny staying. That's pretty decisive.

Joe Baker2
02-12-2018, 11:02 AM
far too soon for a post like this. Usual bed wetter response. Yes, some strange line up decisions lately but it's the players that really need to be held accountable. Showing some passion and fight would be a good start.

C'mon Hibs

JimBHibees
02-12-2018, 11:09 AM
I want him to stay but if he thinks he's not up to it he should resign before things get worse.

Tend to agree if he is struggling personally that would be the best way. Hope it doesnt happen however that team seemed very bizarre especially in terms of players not at all involved last week starting such as Nelom and Darren. Efe in midfield dont get that one at all.

Captain Trips
02-12-2018, 11:55 AM
I would have to lay the majority of the blame for being quite out of touch on Neil. Take the board part aside he has been backed enough to have us higher.

He though has earned the right to turn it around but the tinkering and formations has to settle.

CropleyWasGod
02-12-2018, 12:00 PM
So, 75% of us in favour of Lenny staying. That's pretty decisive.To be fair, most of the 75% are Jambos.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
02-12-2018, 12:01 PM
Lennon deserves the opportunity to turn it round. It needs to start on Wednesday though.

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2018, 12:07 PM

Thats not what will happen though is it? Lennon will try and get more out this squad, and he will change a few in January and again in the summer.

Its called building a squad.

We find ourselves with a few poor results and performances, and the first thought for some is not how the manager can sort it, its get rid?

All this after a promotion, a 4th place finish that we've not had in years, ****in madness. :confused:

Also can you point me in the direction of anyone at the club or even in the stands or here on dot net who is as you say accepting these sub standard performances?

SideBurns
02-12-2018, 12:20 PM
If I could've voted on my phone last night, I'd have said no. I'm now glad I didn't, as common decency dictates that Lennon deserves time to turn it around. I don't really believe he will, but I'd be delighted if he proved me wrong. This was always going to be a huge month; our recent run has made it even bigger, and if it goes horribly wrong then i think someone else has to be given the chance to use whatever is in January's transfer budget. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

SirDavidsNapper
02-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Fenlon was hounded out for less

The 90+2
02-12-2018, 01:42 PM

No he wasn’t, don’t be ridiculous.

Heisenberg
02-12-2018, 01:45 PM

Fenlon was hounded out because he brought us two of the most embarrassing results in our history.

The 90+2
02-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Fenlon was hounded out because he brought us two of the most embarrassing results in our history.

He should never have had time to take us forward after that final to prepare a team for fking Malmo.

Beefster
02-12-2018, 02:04 PM

That’s a cracker.

NAE NOOKIE
02-12-2018, 02:39 PM

Sorry mate, are you seriously suggesting that NL isn't heavily involved in who we sign? … no way on earth he would have accepted the job in such circumstances, he will have the final word on ANY signing and the suggestion that he would tell the board / recruitment team that he wants a striker and be made to accept a winger is quite frankly ludicrous.

As I said previously I agree that now isn't the time to be moving him on ….. But the time has definitely come to be asking questions of him, not even because of player recruitment but because of what he is, or more importantly isn't, getting out of the players at his disposal and his apparently singular inability to identify how to set up a team against the opposition at hand until half an hour into the match in question … I presume we have teams watched by coaching staff and on film 'before' we play them.

As for his managerial career so far. I'm not sure where in that context the 'Lennon is a winner' mantra comes from. He did a decent job at Celtic, but that job always comes with the caveat that you have to be a pretty poor manager not to. He did nothing at Bolton, which everybody including me admits certainly wasn't his fault given the basket case they were off the field, but for all that his time there did nothing to show his attributes or lack of them as a manager.

So far at Hibs he has managed the team to promotion, but from a situation which probably wasn't much different from his time as Celtic manager IE it would have been seen as a massive failure if he hadn't and no real surprise that he did given our resources compared to the rest of the league. In his first season back in the top league he undoubtedly did a good job and from that point of view it was probably his best ever season as a manager, giving hope that as boss of a well run club with decent resources he could be a success on a level playing field, neither of which was the case at Celtic or Bolton for the reasons given.

This season is probably the first time in his managerial career where he doesn't have the advantage of a budget which dwarves that of all of his rivals or the excuse of the club he is at being badly run. In that context his challenge was to build on or at least stay level with the progress we made last season but do that against the backdrop of replacing arguably the best midfield in Scotland. So far there has been nothing to indicate that he is making a fist of that job and excuses like bad luck with injuries can only go so far … You prove you are a good manager by finding ways to overcome these obstacles and by having the 'nouse' ( a word he used himself on Friday ) to utilise what you do have at your disposal to win games.

What he did on Saturday was look like a manager who had lost faith in his players ability to go toe to toe with Kilmarnock … not Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen or Hearts, but Kilmarnock FFS …. and as a result put out a team which was as bizarre as I've seen since the day John Collins decided to play a midget at centre half against one of the best forwards in the air in the league at that time …. Collins got his arse kicked that day, as did NL yesterday.

I like Neil Lennon, I like his wee cameo performances which wind up the opposition and the SPFL …. But more than that I like to see Hibs win games and like him or not if he continues to be part of the problem rather than the solution to it I will want him gone. That time isn't here yet, but if things don't improve by the end of January it will be.

Captain Trips
02-12-2018, 04:21 PM

Welcome to the boards Pat.

cowdenhibby
02-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Are you guys crazy. Of course he should stay

02-12-2018, 09:05 PM
Sorry mate, are you seriously suggesting that NL isn't heavily involved in who we sign? … no way on earth he would have accepted the job in such circumstances, he will have the final word on ANY signing and the suggestion that he would tell the board / recruitment team that he wants a striker and be made to accept a winger is quite frankly ludicrous.

No not suggesting he's not heavily involved but certainly don't think he's responsible for it. If he was why have a Head of Recruitment. We'd just have a Head Scout. :dunno:
Given the team set up yesterday and the inept performance can't blame that all on recruitment. Set up yesterday had me baffled. Clarke must have thought he got himself an early Christmas present when he saw us lining up yesterday. We had players who just looked completely out of position. In fact they looked like they'd never been introduced to each other let alone played in the same team.
Whatever's wrong behind the scenes I just hope they get it sorted pronto. The run into the split is hugely important for setting the tone for the second half of the season.

Hi Heid Yin
02-12-2018, 10:21 PM

As I said previously I agree that now isn't the time to be moving him on ….. But the time has definitely come to be asking questions of him, not even because of player recruitment but because of what he is, or more importantly isn't, getting out of the players at his disposal and his apparently singular inability to identify how to set up a team against the opposition at hand until half an hour into the match in question … I presume we have teams watched by coaching staff and on film 'before' we play them.

As for his managerial career so far. I'm not sure where in that context the 'Lennon is a winner' mantra comes from. He did a decent job at Celtic, but that job always comes with the caveat that you have to be a pretty poor manager not to. He did nothing at Bolton, which everybody including me admits certainly wasn't his fault given the basket case they were off the field, but for all that his time there did nothing to show his attributes or lack of them as a manager.

So far at Hibs he has managed the team to promotion, but from a situation which probably wasn't much different from his time as Celtic manager IE it would have been seen as a massive failure if he hadn't and no real surprise that he did given our resources compared to the rest of the league. In his first season back in the top league he undoubtedly did a good job and from that point of view it was probably his best ever season as a manager, giving hope that as boss of a well run club with decent resources he could be a success on a level playing field, neither of which was the case at Celtic or Bolton for the reasons given.

This season is probably the first time in his managerial career where he doesn't have the advantage of a budget which dwarves that of all of his rivals or the excuse of the club he is at being badly run. In that context his challenge was to build on or at least stay level with the progress we made last season but do that against the backdrop of replacing arguably the best midfield in Scotland. So far there has been nothing to indicate that he is making a fist of that job and excuses like bad luck with injuries can only go so far … You prove you are a good manager by finding ways to overcome these obstacles and by having the 'nouse' ( a word he used himself on Friday ) to utilise what you do have at your disposal to win games.

What he did on Saturday was look like a manager who had lost faith in his players ability to go toe to toe with Kilmarnock … not Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen or Hearts, but Kilmarnock FFS …. and as a result put out a team which was as bizarre as I've seen since the day John Collins decided to play a midget at centre half against one of the best forwards in the air in the league at that time …. Collins got his arse kicked that day, as did NL yesterday.

I like Neil Lennon, I like his wee cameo performances which wind up the opposition and the SPFL …. But more than that I like to see Hibs win games and like him or not if he continues to be part of the problem rather than the solution to it I will want him gone. That time isn't here yet, but if things don't improve by the end of January it will be.

:top marks

Hi Heid Yin
02-12-2018, 10:22 PM

I second that!

One Day Soon
02-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Almost 80% to 20% in favour of Neil Lennon remaining Hibs manager according to this poll. Commons sense prevails.

Hi Heid Yin
02-12-2018, 10:27 PM
I always feel waiting and writing off seasons is madness.

We could make the right change now and save THIS season. Keep up the interest of fans that have backed the club in numbers. The right change now gets the ball rolling for next season also.

Waiting too long when the writing is on the wall has been an issue with past managers. We risk waiting too long. Writing off this season. Giving the new manager one window and a pre-season to make us a top team.

Is the writing now on the wall? Does Lennon still seem like the man who can make us 4th (at worst) this season and the next..

Not for me but it's not up to me. It is time though for some frank discussion between LD and Lennon.

Do any of us know that this has not taken place this past month or so?

I'd be surprised if a heart to heart has not taken place between Neil and Leeann after his public displays of frustration.

MWHIBBIES
02-12-2018, 10:29 PM

Worked out well didn't it. His replacement relegated us. He really wasn't to blame for 5-1. Unless you blame him for getting to the final?

Hi Heid Yin
02-12-2018, 10:29 PM
I think it fair to conclude that the overwhelming majority are in favour of Neil staying - albeit in a lot of cases with provisos and caveats.

Lancs Harp
02-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Do any of us know that this has not taken place this past month or so?

I'd be surprised if a heart to heart has not taken place between Neil and Leeann after his public displays of frustration.

Pretty sure this would have taken place.

Neils off it for sure at the moment, hopefully just a blip and we can build on the previous good work.

gillythehibby
02-12-2018, 10:36 PM
Silly post really. Of course he should stay.

Hi Heid Yin
03-12-2018, 12:05 AM
Pretty sure this would have taken place.

Neils off it for sure at the moment, hopefully just a blip and we can build on the previous good work.

I agree.

MrRobot
03-12-2018, 11:44 AM
Has to be a joke? :confused:

Stick by the manager always. NL has been great for us and us for him, long may it continue.

My_Wife_Camille
03-12-2018, 11:49 AM
He deserves the opportunity to turn it around but I don't necessarily think he will.

GordonHFC
03-12-2018, 12:34 PM
If he still wants the job, yes.

God knows but he should stop telling the players he is quitting after almost every game. If he is not committed he should go now. Telling the players they are rejects in public smells of the start of him working a way out of the club. We didn't stand for it when Butcher did it so why should we when Lennon does.

flash
03-12-2018, 12:54 PM
God knows but he should stop telling the players he is quitting after almost every game. If he is not committed he should go now. Telling the players they are rejects in public smells of the start of him working a way out of the club. We didn't stand for it when Butcher did it so why should we when Lennon does.

Probably because the context of the two remarks is completely different.

MrRobot
03-12-2018, 12:55 PM

How many games has he told them he's quitting after like?

bingo70
03-12-2018, 12:58 PM

The last two derbies at tynecastle he said in the media he was considering his future and quotes can be found for that I’m sure. It was also rumoured he said it after the St Johnston game, there’s no confirmation of that though so it’s up to you if you want to believe the speculation or not.

I’m not aware of any other times.

JeMeSouviens
03-12-2018, 01:08 PM
No. Strachan please

"No Strachan" certainly gets my vote. Can we have "No Levein", "No McLeish" etc as well?

I don't actually think it would take too much to turn things around. The second half on Saturday with a straightforward 4-4-2, Boyle and Horgan out wide, Mallan and Milligan in the middle, was a vast improvement on the shambles of the first half. If we'd lined up like that from the off it would have been a much closer game. Not saying we'd have won with our current low confidence and Killie in good form but at least we'd give ourselves a chance.

Neil Lennon's time has been mostly good but it's littered with occasions where he just tries to be too clever. That championship game (Dunfermline?) where he tried Marv as a centre half. The cup semi vs Aberdeen before Holt came on, the post split derby at Tiny last season. This season has seen all manner of tinkering. We just don't generally have good enough players for them to adapt to different individual positions and team formations. Go back to basics and we can still turn this around, be playing in the top 6 and have a decent cup run.

SlickShoes
03-12-2018, 01:18 PM
Worked out well didn't it. His replacement relegated us. He really wasn't to blame for 5-1. Unless you blame him for getting to the final?

How was it not the managers fault?

We may not have been relegated under Fenlon but we weren't exactly going places either. Clearly Butcher was a terrible appoinment with the benefit of hindsight but almost no one would have expected the collapse that followed.

MWHIBBIES
03-12-2018, 01:23 PM
How was it not the managers fault?

We may not have been relegated under Fenlon but we weren't exactly going places either. Clearly Butcher was a terrible appoinment with the benefit of hindsight but almost no one would have expected the collapse that followed.

Dreadful mess left by the board and previous manager. Fenlon is one of the last people I blame for that day.

allezsauzee
03-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Lennon is the best Hibs manager in the last 40 years. Thankfully he's made of sterner stuff than the panic merchants who are calling for him to be sacked.

Hibernia&Alba
03-12-2018, 03:02 PM
Almost 80 per cent support for Neil on the thread so far :aok:

We're having a very rocky spell; it's Hibs, we will always have rocky spells, and even Real Madrid are having a bad time just now. This is the first real bad patch we've head with Lennon; I'm glad to have him here. This is the Butcher era; we have a guy who knows what he wants and has the character to turn this around. We'll be okay.

MWHIBBIES
03-12-2018, 03:02 PM
Lennon is the best Hibs manager in the last 40 years. Thankfully he's made of sterner stuff than the panic merchants who are calling for him to be sacked.

I think we'll see how great he is over the next month. He needs to turn it around or his sterner stuff will be out.

Wilson
03-12-2018, 03:07 PM

That's not worth a jot if results and performances don't reflect that. Currently they don't - not even close.

He might get time. He may even turn things around. He won't be immune from criticism or pressure though.

The 90+2
03-12-2018, 03:16 PM

Thanks for that, forgot about Kevin McCann at CH in Aberdeen aswell 😔

The 90+2
03-12-2018, 03:17 PM

He’s nowhere near McLeish orMowbray.

jacomo
03-12-2018, 03:26 PM

You certainly did.

we are hibs
03-12-2018, 03:28 PM
You certainly did.

Great input. Anything else to add about Lennon or you just going to continue with snide remarks?

GordonHFC
03-12-2018, 03:37 PM

St Johnstone game and H/T Saturday.

The 90+2
03-12-2018, 03:38 PM

Source? (Always wanted to say that)

jacomo
03-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Great input. Anything else to add about Lennon or you just going to continue with snide remarks?

I’m not sure this ludicrous poll deserves anything above the level of snide remarks.

The manager has been here two full seasons, done what was asked of him, and produced a team that was unbeaten at home in 2018 until November.

Now we’ve had a bit of a wobble and you post a poll asking if he should be sacked? Get a grip.

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2018, 04:09 PM
If that is true tell your source that he should go now and hand over the reins and January window dosh to someone that is up for the fight and wants to be here
Players and Managers change but the club and the fans are still here and we have to stay and get on with it through thick and thin

scoopyboy
03-12-2018, 04:11 PM
I’m not sure this ludicrous poll deserves anything above the level of snide remarks.

The manager has been here two full seasons, done what was asked of him, and produced a team that was unbeaten at home in 2018 until November.

Now we’ve had a bit of a wobble and you post a poll asking if he should be sacked? Get a grip.

I think the poll is reasonable.

It's not what he has achieved in the two full seasons, it's about his erratic behaviour and his ever changing team selections.

A poll gives an idea of the mood of the fans.

So far it's well in his favour.

Elephant Stone
03-12-2018, 04:13 PM

Hi Heid Yin
03-12-2018, 04:17 PM
I think the poll is reasonable.

It's not what he has achieved in the two full seasons, it's about his erratic behaviour and his ever changing team selections.

A poll gives an idea of the mood of the fans.

So far it's well in his favour.

Which has evidently come as a disappointment to some of the minority who want rid of Neil lennon asap.

IWasThere2016
03-12-2018, 04:23 PM

Agree. Far too early...

However 8th come the end of the season is ta-ta material..

Famous Fiver
03-12-2018, 04:27 PM
I disagree.

I will reluctantly accept 8th but I concede we should do much better.

Get rid of NL for one average season?

Have a word.

Wilson
03-12-2018, 04:37 PM
I disagree.

I will reluctantly accept 8th but I concede we should do much better.

Get rid of NL for one average season?

Have a word.

Eighth isn't average. Given the backing he's had eighth is a disaster.

I hope you're in the minority on this one.

we are hibs
03-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Which has evidently come as a disappointment to some of the minority who want rid of Neil lennon asap.

Genuine question; are you a hibs fan or a Neil Lennon fan? He isn't bigger than the club like some on here seem to think.

we are hibs
03-12-2018, 05:03 PM

We are on our worst run since the season We ended up relegated. Why is the poll ludicrous? He's been here 2 and a half seasons and had one great half season, one average whilst the first half of last season and this season has been poor and not the standard required. Neither has 4 out of his 5 transfer windows. Or calling his players rejects. Or threatening to walk after every other defeat. It's astonishing that some hibs fans think Lennon is immune from criticism. If this was a different manager in charge he would be getting pelters.

Jim44
03-12-2018, 05:55 PM
On balance, I want to stick with Lennon ( if he has the stomach to stay beyond this season ) We flattered to deceive at the start of this season and too many folk were predicting a rosy future. This, despite losing McGinn, Allan and McGeouch. The heart was ripped out of the team and despite the optimism of the ‘patch up’, there was no way we were going to compete for the whole season. We’ve been found out and we are there to be beaten by every team in the league. In my opinion, anyone saying we are just going through a bad slump, which we will eventually emerge from, is at best over-optimistic. We are a mid-table side and will not improve without major surgery in January. Our best chance of this is to give Lennon the financial backing to save our season. The thought of facing the second half of the season with a new manager is depressing and potentially suicidal.

jacomo
03-12-2018, 05:59 PM
We are on our worst run since the season We ended up relegated. Why is the poll ludicrous? He's been here 2 and a half seasons and had one great half season, one average whilst the first half of last season and this season has been poor and not the standard required. Neither has 4 out of his 5 transfer windows. Or calling his players rejects. Or threatening to walk after every other defeat. It's astonishing that some hibs fans think Lennon is immune from criticism. If this was a different manager in charge he would be getting pelters.

I think it’s astonishing that some Hibs fans have so little perspective that they reach for the panic button every time we have a small setback, but each to their own I suppose.

CathroMustStay
03-12-2018, 05:59 PM

:agree:

bingo70
03-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Eighth isn't average. Given the backing he's had eighth is a disaster.

I hope you're in the minority on this one.

Eighth is a poor season, it’s not a disaster.

Tbh i don’t think it’s a black and white answer whether he would keep his job or not depending on the league position. I know it’s the only measurement we’ve got as fans but what’s happened in the past isn’t always an indication of what’s ahead in the future. If we have a poor rest of the season but Lennon goes to the board and says “this wasn’t good enough but I know what went wrong and to fix it my plan is to do a,b and c” and has a strategy to fix things then fine, I’d give him more time.

The same applies now, he’s been great these last few years but it means very little going forward if he can’t fix this rut we’re in.

flash
03-12-2018, 06:58 PM
Imagine a manager getting sacked whose team have lost 1 home game in 12 months.

SJNB Hibby
03-12-2018, 07:00 PM
Agree. Far too early...

However 8th come the end of the season is ta-ta material..

Not if we win the Cup:wink:

Kato
03-12-2018, 07:01 PM
How many people are we going to allow to give personal abuse to people asking questions about our season? The poster above is one of many and the personal jibes are pathetic.

Maybe those giving out the abuse see the others as not supporting the club very well on here. In football fan terms internet abuse is quite measured response to that.

Hi Heid Yin
03-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Genuine question; are you a hibs fan or a Neil Lennon fan? He isn't bigger than the club like some on here seem to think.

Both!

Hi Heid Yin
03-12-2018, 07:22 PM
On balance, I want to stick with Lennon ( if he has the stomach to stay beyond this season ) We flattered to deceive at the start of this season and too many folk were predicting a rosy future. This, despite losing McGinn, Allan and McGeouch. The heart was ripped out of the team and despite the optimism of the ‘patch up’, there was no way we were going to compete for the whole season. We’ve been found out and we are there to be beaten by every team in the league. In my opinion, anyone saying we are just going through a bad slump, which we will eventually emerge from, is at best over-optimistic. We are a mid-table side and will not improve without major surgery in January. Our best chance of this is to give Lennon the financial backing to save our season. The thought of facing the second half of the season with a new manager is depressing and potentially suicidal.

sadtom
03-12-2018, 08:29 PM
I despair at some of the utter clowns in our support.
Absolute fantasists who wouldn't know the first thing about coaching or playing at any sort of decent level.
The guy takes us to our highest ever points total. We then lose 4 of our most effective and important players, SJM, SA, DMcG, BB. NL (rightly) tells us before the season starts, that topping last year is unlikely, that rebuilding will be required. Despite this we have a decent crack at Europe (getting through 2 rounds for the 1st time in a generation) and start the season pretty well, playing decent, attractive fitba almost go unbeaten at home for a calendar year. NL tells us its early doors ad not to get carried away...so what to the manic depressives do...get carried away.
Despite a stop start season, some key injuries, numerous players being in and out at various points. Lennon himself says he's still trying to find our best side, its not unsurprising given all the niggly injuries and playing horses for courses. Jeez if you aske 20 people on here to give you their ideal formation/team I very much doubt you'd find 2 the same.
Lennon warned us this year might be a backward step, seems like nobody believed him. Do we learn nothing!? Clus do well when you stick with a decent manager for a prolonged period of time. Lennon has certainly proved himself to be far better than decent.
We hit a bad run and all the same manic depressives are gobbling down the valium and declaring the end of the world is nigh.
Lets look at our 'bad run' - a decent account of ourselves against the odds on favourites who had just started to find form. A typical war on the gorgie Subbuteo pitch and get a creditable draw with 10 men. A narrow defeat at a difficult venue where its blowing a gale yet we still created more than the sheep did. A poor show agains StJ (though we still had the majority of the game) where we lost a goal at the death. Poor result against Dundee but could have been out of sight by half time. And a shocker against killie. But by the last couple of games its been noticeable the support have started displaying the same nerves the players have. That's when a really good support helps lift the players confidence but not ours! We add to the negativity.
I'd love to see the man here for 6-7 years by the 4/5th year you'd really see the benefits. Because it can take that long!
Some perspective required you f****** lunatics.
In Lenny I trust. Best coach for decades.

eastterrace
03-12-2018, 08:37 PM
Absolute fantasists who wouldn't know the first thing about coaching or playing at any sort of decent level.
The guy takes us to our highest ever points total. We then lose 4 of our most effective and important players, SJM, SA, DMcG, BB. NL (rightly) tells us before the season starts, that topping last year is unlikely, that rebuilding will be required. Despite this we have a decent crack at Europe (getting through 2 rounds for the 1st time in a generation) and start the season pretty well, playing decent, attractive fitba almost go unbeaten at home for a calendar year. NL tells us its early doors ad not to get carried away...so what to the manic depressives do...get carried away.
Despite a stop start season, some key injuries, numerous players being in and out at various points. Lennon himself says he's still trying to find our best side, its not unsurprising given all the niggly injuries and playing horses for courses. Jeez if you aske 20 people on here to give you their ideal formation/team I very much doubt you'd find 2 the same.
Lennon warned us this year might be a backward step, seems like nobody believed him. Do we learn nothing!? Clus do well when you stick with a decent manager for a prolonged period of time. Lennon has certainly proved himself to be far better than decent.
We hit a bad run and all the same manic depressives are gobbling down the valium and declaring the end of the world is nigh.
Lets look at our 'bad run' - a decent account of ourselves against the odds on favourites who had just started to find form. A typical war on the gorgie Subbuteo pitch and get a creditable draw with 10 men. A narrow defeat at a difficult venue where its blowing a gale yet we still created more than the sheep did. A poor show agains StJ (though we still had the majority of the game) where we lost a goal at the death. Poor result against Dundee but could have been out of sight by half time. And a shocker against killie. But by the last couple of games its been noticeable the support have started displaying the same nerves the players have. That's when a really good support helps lift the players confidence but not ours! We add to the negativity.
I'd love to see the man here for 6-7 years by the 4/5th year you'd really see the benefits. Because it can take that long!

Better hope we win on Wednesday and as if not then it will be total meltdown.

Stuart93
03-12-2018, 08:43 PM

Sorry but we shouldn’t be getting beat from St J at Easter road, end up drawing with the worst team in the league after being 2-0 up or getting pumped 3-0 from killie. We’ve not been anywhere near good enough no matter how it’s sugar coated. Oh add to that we played a hearts team who were torn apart by injuries and really there for the taking.

Up to lenny and the players to turn it round, I think they’ll manage it

WhileTheChief..
03-12-2018, 08:45 PM
We’ll be challenging for top 4 by the end of the season.

Hibees1973
03-12-2018, 08:46 PM
After last season I think we are all willing to cut Lennon some slack.

We do have 2 huge games coming up against St Mirren and Hamilton though. It’s vital we pick up at least 4 points from these. Most people on here seem to want 6, but given our form 4 would be the most I expect and would be acceptable. This would give us some belief/momentum before the big guns come to Easter Road prior to the New Year.

The next 2 games will set the mood for what follows. If we cannot get 4 points against St Mirren/Hamilton it’s difficult to see Hibs performing well against the bigger clubs.

The team picked against Kilmarnock was bizarre.

Time for Lennon to get the best out of the squad now as time is running out for him.

B.H.F.C
03-12-2018, 08:51 PM
We’ll be challenging for top 4 by the end of the season.

The one thing we have going for us at the moment is that we aren’t exactly miles away points wise.

Wins tomorrow and Saturday needed though. It’s hard to see many points coming over Christmas. We need get some confidence going in to that period.

sadtom
03-12-2018, 09:01 PM
Sorry but we shouldn’t be getting beat from St J at Easter road, end up drawing with the worst team in the league after being 2-0 up or getting pumped 3-0 from killie. We’ve not been anywhere near good enough no matter how it’s sugar coated. Oh add to that we played a hearts team who were torn apart by injuries and really there for the taking.

Up to lenny and the players to turn it round, I think they’ll manage it

Why shouldn't we be losing to St J or killie or drawing wi dundee? Have you not noticed for the last hundred odd years that that is more than possible. These teams, just like celtc and sevco, are our natural competitors. We win some we lose some. the weegies have both lost to killie who are a really good side, who until Saturday we had the best record against in the last few years.
When did we become all conquering or have a divine right? That's just weegie slavers without the stats to back it up.
We will make top 6 I reckon but not Europe. Next year I would hope that we get back to close to last year, and maybe the year after even better. But that's if we stick together and support and lift the players. We need to screw the nut and stop thinking were are 'entitled'. Given all the changes from last year we need to virtually start again and sustaining that level of performance is always going to be unlikely.

The heads are a bit down. lets try and lift them not get on their backs.

Centre Hawf
03-12-2018, 09:01 PM
I don't think Lennon should be sacked or anything like that and I would rather we backed him in January to try and fix this rut we're finding ourselves in at the moment. As many folk said we're a work in progress after the HIGHLY influential players that departed in the summer.

But we are rotten at the moment and I don't think we've really looked good at all this season. There's some players who need to be on the way out in January with replacements being looked at weeks or months ago. There is absolutely no excuse for a slow window in January because we know where we are short and we need to be active to get ourselves back into some level of competitiveness for whatever it is we deem we want to achieve given our starting position in January, none of this "be patient, the better players become available" patter we heard so much of in the summer because that's got us nowhere quite frankly.

I also can't be hooped hearing about how we were never going to replace McGinn and McGeouch or Allan, of course we were never going to get the same level of quality in. But that doesn't mean we shut up shop and sit on our hands until we stumble upon the next "golden generation". The attempt at rebuilding the squad has been quite frankly underwhelming to say the least. And if anyone can sit there and tell me they are happy with the summer window and what business we done then your head is in the clouds.

Lennon has earned the right to turn this around, it's his first proper wobble in what has been a fairly decent reign, without being sensational. Some folk seem to think the sun shines out his backside and no criticism can be labelled at him at all. However a small band of supporters also are having an itchy trigger finger that won't solve anything other than get us back into the cycle we found ourselves in prior to the relegation. The club is however, and always will be, bigger than the man sitting in the dugout. And should the time come where it quite clearly is becoming no longer beneficial to us having him in charge then he will be gone just like any other manager that was deemed that way.

SideBurns
03-12-2018, 09:12 PM
Before Saturday, one of the things that provided me with comfort throughout the recent poor run was that the games had all finished close; we were either a goal away from a draw or a win on each occasion (Celtic Park excepted, but even then it was 3-2 going into the last minute or so). Rugby Park signalled a change in that we were very easily beaten. That it was a reversal of the scoreline in the corresponding fixture last season just put the result in even sharper focus.

However, Wednesday is another chance to get our season back on track. The likes of Milligan, Hanlon etc haven't suddenly turned into bad players, and Lennon can pick a team to beat St.Mirren. But another performance like Saturday's will strengthen concerns that the problems lie deeper than lack of form or ability. One thing's for certain - no matter how you'd be inclined to vote on this poll, every one of us must have enjoyed last season, and indeed the early part of this one. So we know Lennon is capable of getting his teams to play attractive, winning football. I just hope he still believes in the team he has at the moment, because it didn't feel that way on Saturday.

B.H.F.C
03-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Why shouldn't we be losing to St J or killie or drawing wi dundee? Have you not noticed for the last hundred odd years that that is more than possible. These teams, just like celtc and sevco, are our natural competitors. We win some we lose some. the weegies have both lost to killie who are a really good side, who until Saturday we had the best record against in the last few years.
When did we become all conquering or have a divine right? That's just weegie slavers without the stats to back it up.
We will make top 6 I reckon but not Europe. Next year I would hope that we get back to close to last year, and maybe the year after even better. But that's if we stick together and support and lift the players. We need to screw the nut and stop thinking were are 'entitled'. Given all the changes from last year we need to virtually start again and sustaining that level of performance is always going to be unlikely.

The heads are a bit down. lets try and lift them not get on their backs.

The results were bad. But the performances were even more of a concern.

Saturday wasn’t a case of the heads being down. The players simply didn’t apply themselves. Lack of desire. Lack of effort. Lack of everything really.

Most people can accept that we won’t win every week. But they deserved every bit of stick they got following Saturday. It’s up to them turn that round tomorrow. And Lennon needs to play a part in that. He’s seems to have lost that spark and drive he’s always had. He needs to get that back.

The 90+2
03-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Eighth is a poor season, it’s not a disaster.

Tbh i don’t think it’s a black and white answer whether he would keep his job or not depending on the league position. I know it’s the only measurement we’ve got as fans but what’s happened in the past isn’t always an indication of what’s ahead in the future. If we have a poor rest of the season but Lennon goes to the board and says “this wasn’t good enough but I know what went wrong and to fix it my plan is to do a,b and c” and has a strategy to fix things then fine, I’d give him more time.

The same applies now, he’s been great these last few years but it means very little going forward if he can’t fix this rut we’re in.

Yes it is. We finish 8th it’s back to 8k. That’s a disaster.

bingo70
03-12-2018, 09:22 PM
The results were bad. But the performances were even more of a concern.

Saturday wasn’t a case of the heads being down. The players simply didn’t apply themselves. Lack of desire. Lack of effort. Lack of everything really.

Most people can accept that we won’t win every week. But they deserved every bit of stick they got following Saturday. It’s up to them turn that round tomorrow. And Lennon needs to play a part in that. He’s seems to have lost that spark and drive he’s always had. He needs to get that back.

Parker saying they went there on Saturday to play defensively and try to get the draw (or words to that effect) are a big cause for concerns too.

bingo70
03-12-2018, 09:25 PM

I disagree.

Season tickets would drop but not by that much imo. The decision should be based on what’s best for the team anyway, not based on season tocket sales.

B.H.F.C
03-12-2018, 09:30 PM
Parker saying they went there on Saturday to play defensively and try to get the draw (or words to that effect) are a big cause for concerns too.

Agree. That wasn’t good.

Between that and some of Lennon’s comments in his press conference last week it can’t exactly be filling the players with confidence.

Eyrie
03-12-2018, 09:53 PM
I disagree.

Season tickets would drop but not by that much imo. The decision should be based on what’s best for the team anyway, not based on season tocket sales.

Correct.

Get the team right and season ticket sales will take care of themselves.

GordonHFC
04-12-2018, 05:06 AM
Agree. That wasn’t good.

Between that and some of Lennon’s comments in his press conference last week it can’t exactly be filling the players with confidence.

It's not.

we are hibs
04-12-2018, 06:56 AM

Well I mean your first bit is just the usual ****ty sound bites we have come to expect from those on here who hate anyone having a differing view. You don't need to be a world class coach or to have played football at a decent level to give an opinion on things or know what you're talking about so with respect you're talking utter ***** there.

Secondly, the club knew mcginn would more than likely leave in the summer during the second half of last season and they also knew as time moved on that McGeouch would leave. Why didn't we start to look for alternatives then instead of rushing about signing duds like Hyndman late on in the window?

Thirdly, Lennon is trying to find his best side? Sorry but it's HIS hibs side. Mostly HIS signings. He works with them every day so if he doesn't know his best side after 6 months of the season then that's showing an ineptness from him. Obviously injuries should be factored in but it's not as if no other clubs have injuries; that's we have a Squad (which isn't that strong either if truth be told).

Also a really good support back the team with record season ticket sales and big away crowds. If we are playing ***** over a 2 month period what do you expect the fans to Do? All clap along and pretend it's not happening? Or the natural reaction which is to get agitated and nervous.

Lastly you're talking about ****ing lunatics then say you hope Lennon is here for 7 years. Really? How many managers are at clubs for that long these days? And if you seriously think he's our best coach for decades then you're the lunatic in all honesty. Tactically He gets it wrong at tynecastle time and time again and elsewhere, his subs are bewildering, our style of play seems to have resorted to long balls to kamberi and Boyle.

One Day Soon
04-12-2018, 09:57 AM
80%. Enough said.

jacomo
04-12-2018, 10:03 AM
Well I mean your first bit is just the usual ****ty sound bites we have come to expect from those on here who hate anyone having a differing view. You don't need to be a world class coach or to have played football at a decent level to give an opinion on things or know what you're talking about so with respect you're talking utter ***** there.

Secondly, the club knew mcginn would more than likely leave in the summer during the second half of last season and they also knew as time moved on that McGeouch would leave. Why didn't we start to look for alternatives then instead of rushing about signing duds like Hyndman late on in the window?

Thirdly, Lennon is trying to find his best side? Sorry but it's HIS hibs side. Mostly HIS signings. He works with them every day so if he doesn't know his best side after 6 months of the season then that's showing an ineptness from him. Obviously injuries should be factored in but it's not as if no other clubs have injuries; that's we have a Squad (which isn't that strong either if truth be told).

Also a really good support back the team with record season ticket sales and big away crowds. If we are playing ***** over a 2 month period what do you expect the fans to Do? All clap along and pretend it's not happening? Or the natural reaction which is to get agitated and nervous.

Lastly you're talking about ****ing lunatics then say you hope Lennon is here for 7 years. Really? How many managers are at clubs for that long these days? And if you seriously think he's our best coach for decades then you're the lunatic in all honesty. Tactically He gets it wrong at tynecastle time and time again and elsewhere, his subs are bewildering, our style of play seems to have resorted to long balls to kamberi and Boyle.

So you criticise those who ‘hate those with a different view’, then dismiss anyone who disagrees with you as a lunatic?

Is this intended to be ironic?

calumhibee1
04-12-2018, 10:08 AM
80%. Enough said.

I’m not quite sure what your updates on the poll are trying to prove? I don’t think I’ve saw anybody say the majority of Hibs fans think his time is up?

Dashing Bob S
04-12-2018, 10:10 AM
Only very reluctantly addressing this thread. The 19.85% are utterly crazy in my view, but that's football, and it's about nothing if not being insane from time to time. They have the right to their madness.

RossScott1991
04-12-2018, 10:11 AM
anyone know what time his press conference is? very interested for this one. want to hear him speak and come out with he got it all wrong

Since90+2
04-12-2018, 10:11 AM

Our season ticket sales would not drop by that much. No chance.

Weir07
04-12-2018, 11:49 AM

A bit of a rant but to be fair you do make some good points, slumps in form can happen and that's just football, it's the constant changes to personnel and formation that worry me, smacks of desperation and that line up at Kilmarnock was utterly bizarre, to come out and say we were setup not too lose beggars belief (appreciate that was Parker), you don't have to be a tactical genius to know that if you concede an early goal, the whole gameplan is out of the window, even more odd when Lennon stated that he wanted to go to Celtic Park and have a go, instead of shutting up shop and sneak a draw, quite a change in philosophy in such a short space of time. Not the time for hasty decisions but in Lennon we trust? Not for me, has his positives and negatives like every manager we've had, positives still outweigh the negatives, for now anyway.

bingo70
04-12-2018, 12:13 PM
Does anybody know what time Lennon's pre-match press conference is today?

we are hibs
04-12-2018, 04:55 PM
80%. Enough said.

280 out of thousands of hibs fans. Not every hibs fan posts on here 🤷*♂️

we are hibs
04-12-2018, 04:56 PM
So you criticise those who ‘hate those with a different view’, then dismiss anyone who disagrees with you as a lunatic?

Is this intended to be ironic?

Yes. Well done.

One Day Soon
04-12-2018, 06:48 PM
280 out of thousands of hibs fans. Not every hibs fan posts on here 🤷*♂️

Yes, if every Hibs fan posted on here his 80% support would constitute a much higher number of people.

One Day Soon
04-12-2018, 06:50 PM
I’m not quite sure what your updates on the poll are trying to prove? I don’t think I’ve saw anybody say the majority of Hibs fans think his time is up?

I'm posting the observation that the response to the poll is overwhelmingly, massively refuting the idea that there is any question as to whether or not he should continue as manager. Which is good.

04-12-2018, 07:16 PM
Been looking forward to Lennons thoughts since Saturday given the bizarre lineup only to find he sent out Parker to do the pre match press conference ahead of tomorrow. Am sure he’ll be all over the media should we win however. Pathetic imo.

MWHIBBIES
04-12-2018, 08:02 PM

Good. If one poor season in 5 turns them away I don't really want them. Glory hunters.

e2los
04-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Yes, if every Hibs fan posted on here his 80% support would constitute a much higher number of people.

I'm 100% behind Neil!

We could all pick a team out of our current squad that may or may not perform better/worse.

Anyone actually thinking or suggesting that Neil is deliberately putting out teams/formations to lose is imho deluded.

Personally I'm guessing that Neil Lennon knows a little bit more about football than most of us do.

Just saying.

Hi Heid Yin
04-12-2018, 08:56 PM
I'm posting the observation that the response to the poll is overwhelmingly, massively refuting the idea that there is any question as to whether or not he should continue as manager. Which is good.

:agree::agree:

sadtom
04-12-2018, 09:08 PM

Aye, we'll put you in charge ya slavering fantasist.
Yet another donut that thinks they know better.
Damn right i'd want Lennon at the club for as long as possible. 50 years I've been watching Hibs and NL is as good as we've had.
Except you of course.

BegbieHSC
04-12-2018, 09:45 PM
Been looking forward to Lennons thoughts since Saturday given the bizarre lineup only to find he sent out Parker to do the pre match press conference ahead of tomorrow. Am sure he’ll be all over the media should we win however. Pathetic imo.

Lol

Centre Hawf
04-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Lol

I mean he’s not wrong? I bet if we win well tomorrow he’ll be all over the press like a pig in **** about how he got the reaction he wanted.

monktonharp
05-12-2018, 12:09 AM

No absolutely not, we stick with Neil and support him and the team to turn it around.we had a bad result at home, to St Johnstone which I thought undeserved. we had a draw against the bottom team at home, again what I thought was a bit unfair but our defence has been doing silly stuff lately. We got pumped at Killie, which if it had been a draw, most would have settled for, despite the farcical second half (lights). football can be cruel at times, as the header off the post from Shaw proves. go in, we're back in the game. despite that he put out a rather strange back line to start and it did us no favours. 2 of our stalwarts Hanlon and McGregor both had poor games. cant blame it all on the manger.

allezsauzee
05-12-2018, 07:39 AM
I find it mind boggling that 20% of the support think that it would be a good idea to discard a management team who have done a brilliant job here over a month of poor results. I'm not going to include getting beaten 4-2 by Celtic and drawing 0-0 at the PBS as being poor results as those weren't any worse than what could be reasonably expected in the circumstances, so essentially it's a run of 4 games. Those who have short memories should have a think about what can happen when you make a drastic decision based on short term thinking. God forbid we end up with another Terry Butcher or Colin Calderwood. Bear in mind also that they have had to cope with replacing an entire midfield in the summer.

Smartie
05-12-2018, 07:58 AM
I find it mind boggling that 20% of the support think that it would be a good idea to discard a management team who have done a brilliant job here over a month of poor results. I'm not going to include getting beaten 4-2 by Celtic and drawing 0-0 at the PBS as being poor results as those weren't any worse than what could be reasonably expected in the circumstances, so essentially it's a run of 4 games. Those who have short memories should have a think about what can happen when you make a drastic decision based on short term thinking. God forbid we end up with another Terry Butcher or Colin Calderwood. Bear in mind also that they have had to cope with replacing an entire midfield in the summer.

Great post.

I think the 20% says more about the mindset of the modern fan than anything else though - generally speaking when the going gets tough people want the manager sacked.

Lennon's had a bad week - a crazy team selection, a bad result then choosing not to face the media. I'm pretty sure the 20% would have been 2% a week ago.

We need to win tonight though, and we should be capable.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2018, 08:02 AM
So, 75% of us in favour of Lenny staying. That's pretty decisive.

That opinion will change it we don't win tonight.

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 08:03 AM

It certainly won't improve if we aren't further up the league come the winter break. Which with the difficult fixtures coming up is no certainty.

One Day Soon
05-12-2018, 08:11 AM

Obviously we are all wanting a win and to see the 20% shrinking rapidly away.

we are hibs
05-12-2018, 08:14 AM

On this forum.

B.H.F.C
05-12-2018, 08:36 AM
It certainly won't improve if we aren't further up the league come the winter break. Which with the difficult fixtures coming up is no certainty.

I’m not reading too much in to league positions. When you look at the table we’re 9 off Kilmarnock, 7 off Hearts, 5 off St Johnstone. How many of them are we realistically going to catch by the end of the month?

We should be capable of catching Livingston. Possibly Aberdeen. Most important thing is closing those gaps though. Say we’re sitting 7th at the break I could deal with that if we are closer to 3rd/4th points wise than we are now.

One Day Soon
05-12-2018, 08:47 AM
On this forum.

Everywhere and you know it.

There is no reason whatever to assume that the wider Hibs support holds proportionately different views to .net posters, though it would be interesting to see it being argued that they do.

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 08:56 AM
I’m not reading too much in to league positions. When you look at the table we’re 9 off Kilmarnock, 7 off Hearts, 5 off St Johnstone. How many of them are we realistically going to catch by the end of the month?

We should be capable of catching Livingston. Possibly Aberdeen. Most important thing is closing those gaps though. Say we’re sitting 7th at the break I could deal with that if we are closer to 3rd/4th points wise than we are now.

True, if we draw the teams in above us a bit then that’s a start. If the gap stays as it is or extended then I’d suspect there’ll be even more people questioning whether he’s the man for job.

calumhibee1
05-12-2018, 08:58 AM
Everywhere and you know it.

There is no reason whatever to assume that the wider Hibs support holds proportionately different views to .net posters, though it would be interesting to see it being argued that they do.

That’s definitely the way I would look at it. Majority of Hibs fans don’t use Hibs.net but it’s probably fair to say we provide a fairly accurate sample audience.

What I would say though is that while the percentage of people who don’t think he should remain manager seems low it’s still around 3000 Hibs fans that turn up to ER each week. That’s quite a large amount and he and the players needs to start improving things starting tonight to reduce that.

flash
05-12-2018, 08:58 AM
Obviously we are all wanting a win and to see the 20% shrinking rapidly away.

Well most of us anyway.